New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #6871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Though I may be setting my sights to high. What if Lil' Mookie, the spawn of our Mookie, takes over his hypothetical father's comic some time far down the road? What then, O Masters of the Snark?
    This may or may not be the one and only reason I could ever find to consider cryopreservation.
    Because I, too, am dead set on seeing the end of this train wreck and whatever else it may possibly spawn in the future.

Hm..."whatever it may possibly spawn"...you know, I could actually picture Dominic Deegan ending in the (relatively) near future.

Just think about the point we're currently at:
    1. Dominic has saved the world. It's been a while, but it happened.
    2. Dominic is getting married.
    3. Dominic and his arch nemesis are in the middle of conciliation.
    4. Mookie is finally starting to give the reject characters their respective arcs.
    5. Everyone is working out their differences.

All the major points left may actually be resolved in one arc revolving around a trip to Maltak, so we can see the fates of Siggy, Karnak, the Infernomancer and Jacob. Oh, and the Orcs, of course. Huk Thak (?) could, in whatever contrived turn of events, tip this thing off.

Afterwards, we might be blessed to see Nimmel the emo badass. After all, he is a Mookinsertion and has already met his love interest - and guess what, she shares quite a few characteristics with Luna.

2. - Top - End - #6872
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

By the way Dom doesn't like where this is going, I'm thinking that some of the people are right in thinking that Dom will soon awaken as Barnet/they'll switch places/they'll have to fight for control of their mutual body.
    Aw, and here I thought he was thinking "Oh crap ... someone called me out."

All that goody-goody claptrap about giving people a second chance and redeeming themselves was a dodge... we know the real reason people are sent to the Cathedral...

Now Dom's going to face someone when he doesn't have the upper hand AND they know what he intended for them...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

3. - Top - End - #6873
    Titan in the Playground

By the way Dom doesn't like where this is going, I'm thinking that some of the people are right in thinking that Dom will soon awaken as Barnet/they'll switch places/they'll have to fight for control of their mutual body.

It'll be so damn awesome that I will be able to die happy.
    No, if that happens, it will be The Worst Thing Ever. Why? Because Mookie cannot be trusted to handle a Gender Bender Freaky Friday with any sense of decency. We will immediately see some very Squicky Man I Feel Like A Woman strips, along with Travoria initially planning a Grand Theft Me but being forced to "keep up appearances" and work out her background with Luna. Meanwhile, a Spot the Imposter subplot with Mookie-D and Quilt will start up, while Dex keeps trying to imprison Mookie-D.

God, I can't imagine anything more terrible... unless SuperGreg was somehow involved, teamed up with a reformed Snowsong to battle Celesto for the truth...
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

4. - Top - End - #6874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    God, I can't imagine anything more terrible... unless SuperGreg was somehow involved, teamed up with a reformed Snowsong to battle Celesto for the truth...
    Toss in a SuperGreg/Snowsong body swap.

5. - Top - End - #6875
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by babus View Post
    Oh, it has changed, let me tell you. Semi-recently we had a "If Snowsong was teased by someone, what would you do?" thread. Here are a few snippetsm starting with the OP.

Yeah... things have gone downhill. We're in recovery.
    Having gone over there just for the hell of it I can safely say that I've learned a very important lesson

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6876
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

No, if that happens, it will be The Worst Thing Ever. Why? Because Mookie cannot be trusted to handle a Gender Bender Freaky Friday with any sense of decency. We will immediately see some very Squicky Man I Feel Like A Woman strips, along with Travoria initially planning a Grand Theft Me but being forced to "keep up appearances" and work out her background with Luna. Meanwhile, a Spot the Imposter subplot with Mookie-D and Quilt will start up, while Dex keeps trying to imprison Mookie-D.

Fullbladder loves crappy webcomics.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

7. - Top - End - #6877
    Titan in the Playground

Fullbladder loves crappy webcomics.
    But that's not just a crappy webomic, that is a Singularity of Suck. It would suck so hard, that not even light, snarky comments could escape. The Internet would literally implode upon itself!

It would have the same effect as if all the terrible webcomics in the world were hosted on one site.

Spoiler
    Show
    See what I did there?
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2008-03-20 at 11:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

8. - Top - End - #6878

Hey now...devil's panties and zebra girl are pretty good...but I have to agree with you on the rest.

9. - Top - End - #6879
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HellPuppi View Post
    Hey now...devil's panties and zebra girl are pretty good...but I have to agree with you on the rest.
    Hosting all the terrible webcomics on one site doesn't mean that all the comics on the site are necessarily terrible.

But I'd disagree anyway. Because there are much, much more worse comics elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

10. - Top - End - #6880
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Hosting all the terrible webcomics on one site doesn't mean that all the comics on the site are necessarily terrible.

But I'd disagree anyway. Because there are much, much more worse comics elsewhere.
    Yeah. If DrunkDuck, ComicGenesis, and SmackJeeves were to merge, though...

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

11. - Top - End - #6881
    Titan in the Playground

I have seen the new comic and it is

Mookie is abusing his Dynamic Strip Layout for Filler Purposes. There's nothing to see here, and since it's only Friday, unless he's planning to do a Splash one day early, we'll have filler tomorrow too.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

12. - Top - End - #6882
    Titan in the Playground

On the other hand, Mookie-D's stoner look in the last panel is priceless.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

13. - Top - End - #6883
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Well, he DID just take the fall down the comic cliff and get hit in sensitive places. Standard Looney Tunes stuff.

Edit: Now for the fun part! *ahem*

Celesto knew about the history of Serk Brakkis and Dom; it was, after all, splashed all over the newspapers. Since Serk's one of those 'bad' people Celesto wants to rid the world of, he became the perfect pawn.

Celesto also knew about Barnet. Girl wasn't exactly SUBTLE. He took a good long look at her soul (he can do that, you see), and decided she was another 'bad' person to get rid of. As a bonus, she could be pointed at Dom and help Celesto make Dom realize that there are evils that ignore even the bonds of family and need to be removed.

So, he 'suggested' to Serk (using a little of his newfound powers, natch) that he hire someone to kill seers; the folks who could stop him. A little more subtle of a push and Serk was pointed to Barnet (the best in the business).

Once Dom truly faces Barnet's soul, he will have no choice to acknowledge the depths of evil people can sink to and that there is no redemption for them. "Just as planned."
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2008-03-21 at 08:27 AM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

14. - Top - End - #6884
    Dwarf in the Playground

A good comic that does something like today's strip elicits a "Whoa. What the heck is happening here? What crazy sort of madness do they have next?"

Dominic Deegan, on the other hand, elicits a "What kind of ridiculous magic trick is going to show up next?"
    "Do not be afraid of computers. Be afraid of the lack of them." - One of my fortune cookies.

"You zetta sons of digits!" - Sho Minamato, The World Ends With You

Flonne by Nathan. Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #6885

Is Dominic's cheek supposed to be swollen? Because right now, it looks more like Dominic got hungry on the way down and decided to snack on a mouthful of Barnet's soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

16. - Top - End - #6886

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post

Not all webcomics there are bad. Case in point.
    Last edited by RationalGoblin; 2008-03-21 at 09:16 AM.
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

17. - Top - End - #6887

I have a tiny hope that this will end with Dominic agreeing with Celesto, when Dominic realizes that Barnet has a heart as black as coal, and is beyond redemption. It feels to me like Mookie is trying to bring some moral ambiguity into his story.

My hopes shall be crushed soon...

On an unrelated note, what is the border colour code for this site. I curse the white box around my avatar. TY Johnny Blade
    Last edited by colonelslime; 2008-03-21 at 10:06 AM.
    "Sanity is not statistical."
    - George Orwell, 1984

18. - Top - End - #6888
    Troll in the Playground

On the other hand, Mookie-D's stoner look in the last panel is priceless.

Man, you just beat me to a slay with this, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Is Dominic's cheek supposed to be swollen? Because right now, it looks more like Dominic got hungry on the way down and decided to snack on a mouthful of Barnet's soul.
    Didn't beat me to anything here, but I felt, for the lack of a better word, inspired all of a sudden.
    Spoiler
    Show

"At least it's not as disgustingly sweet as Gregory's."

EDIT:
    @ ColonelSlime:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2008-03-21 at 09:58 AM.

19. - Top - End - #6889
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post

Man, you just beat me to a slay with this, but whatever.
    Aww, sorry about that, I merely wanted to make a throwaway joke...
    Now I am obliged to atone by making a slay out of this, so the balance of the Universe is preserved!

Didn't beat me to anything here, but I felt, for the lack of a better word, inspired all of a sudden.
    Spoiler
    Show

"At least it's not as disgustingly sweet as Gregory's."
    And here I thought Dominus was on a hope-and-freedom-only-diet.
    He'd better watch out, those souls are high on calories!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

20. - Top - End - #6890

He'd better watch out, those souls are high on calories!
    Maybe he's just always been eating souls.
    Maybe Aberghast cathedral is where Dominus sends those he deems to have enough evil in them to, so that their evil may be extracted and fed to him, as chocolate cake perhaps, so as to increase his own dark power. In doing so, he forever binds them to him, which is why Szark is now in love with Dominus. Barnet, of course, will be sent off to Aberghast, have half of her soul removed, and come back thinking Mookie-D is her saviour. (Ditto Snowsong).

That is the true horror of Aberghast Cathedral
    - George Orwell, 1984

21. - Top - End - #6891
    Troll in the Playground

Aww, sorry about that, I merely wanted to make a throwaway joke...
    Now I am obliged to atone by making a slay out of this, so the balance of the Universe is preserved!
    Heh, it's a throwaway slay, too, so everything's fine.
    I look forward to your slay, though.

No, the souls of the innocent are an important part of his diet, too.
    However, our poor Lord Dominus had to mindcrush all those with a pure heart to cement his rule, so that their souls have become stale.
    Because of this, he was forced to lower his standards. Luckily, he found that con artists taste like pineapples and jocks* like venison, which is why he keeps Bumper and Dex around.

*: In Dominion, jocks are not innocent by definition.
    Last edited by Johnny Blade; 2008-03-21 at 11:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #6892
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by colonelslime View Post
    Maybe he's just always been eating souls.
    Maybe Aberghast cathedral is where Dominus sends those he deems to have enough evil in them to, so that their evil may be extracted and fed to him, as chocolate cake perhaps, so as to increase his own dark power. In doing so, he forever binds them to him, which is why Szark is now in love with Dominus. Barnet, of course, will be sent off to Aberghast, have half of her soul removed, and come back thinking Mookie-D is her saviour. (Ditto Snowsong).

That is the true horror of Aberghast Cathedral
    So in the end, the whole world will be Dominic, and Dominic will be the world. And when Dominus and Dominion have united at long last, the creature will ascend back into the void of space, to join its brethren in their neverending dance beyond cold, alien stars, to the tune of maddening pipes.

Heh, it's a throwaway slay, too, so everything's fine.
    I look forward to your slay, though.
    Done. And hey, it took me less than an hour!

No, the souls of the innocent are an important part of his diet, too.
    However, our poor Lord Dominus had to mindcrush all those with a pure heart to cement his rule, so that their souls have become stale.
    Because of this, he was forced to lower his standards. Luckily, he found that con artists taste like pineapples and jocks like venison, which is why he keeps Bumper and Dex around.
    Ah. So that's why Siggy died. Dominus felt like celebrating after he had successfully manipulated the demon lords to wage war (to obscure the fact that it is actually him who rules over hell), so instead of gnawing just a bit on Siggy's jock soul every now and then he used him up entirely instead.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

23. - Top - End - #6893
    Pixie in the Playground

I was noticing something in the latest newspost. Does "yerf" have any other common meaning? If not I think we've found the definitive proof that Mookie's a secret furry.

24. - Top - End - #6894

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFatGoblin View Post
    Not all webcomics there are bad. Case in point.
    Yeah, and Gunnerkrigg Court too. I refer you to the first of the two lines you quoted. Just because DD (coincidence? I think not!) hosts worse comics than Keenspot/Comic Genesis doesn't mean than any comic hosted on DD is worse than any comic hosted on KS/CG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

25. - Top - End - #6895

So in the end, the whole world will be Dominic, and Dominic will be the world. And when Dominus and Dominion have united at long last, the creature will ascend back into the void of space, to join its brethren in their neverending dance beyond cold, alien stars, to the tune of maddening pipes.
    Dominus would make an Excellent AH Elder God. He could have as his special ability "MindCrush". Anytime a servant of dominus defeats you in combat, your max sanity is reduced by one.

I was noticing something in the latest newspost. Does "yerf" have any other common meaning? If not I think we've found the definitive proof that Mookie's a secret furry.
    God I hope not. The last thing i need to see is Dommykins drawn in a fursuit.
    Or a furry DD sex scene.......
    <Disturbing mental image has reduced cslime to tears>
    - George Orwell, 1984

26. - Top - End - #6896
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

I have seen the new comic and it is

Mookie is abusing his Dynamic Strip Layout for Filler Purposes. There's nothing to see here, and since it's only Friday, unless he's planning to do a Splash one day early, we'll have filler tomorrow too.
    I agree. It's not a bad strip, but it was really... necessary?
    I could swallow it if he made some double length strip or put that one with his previous strip in a single post. At least it wouldn't look filler.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

27. - Top - End - #6897
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuan View Post
    I agree. It's not a bad strip, but it was really... necessary?
    I could swallow it if he made some double length strip or put that one with his previous strip in a single post. At least it wouldn't look filler.
    I've learned that whenever Mookie pulls out the "dynamic panel layout" we're in for a week of absolutely nothing.

Or, at the very least, a week of me banging my head on a wall.

28. - Top - End - #6898
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    Or at least a Bostonian furry.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

29. - Top - End - #6899
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vlcice View Post
    You're thinking of "Yiff"

I'm ashamed that I knew the difference. I blame webcomics.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

30. - Top - End - #6900
    Orc in the Playground

My first thought at today's comic... "Must... stretch out story... until Sunday splash page..."

@ Monnock:
    Well, what is justice in this case, if it doesn't mean to make sure the criminal in question never commits a crime as horrible as the one he was convicted for again?
    The problem with your argument is that my statement is made directed at an un-repented cold-hearted death machine (heh, death machine). Your argument of subjective morality and idealism fails when it comes to someone who is pretty much just evil at the moment.

I understand your point, though, and I will fully admit that I would be singing a different tune if she wasn't such a despicable person. I've seen those prison shows, and you can't tell what these people did most of the time. They are still human beings, and when you see their plight you can't help but feel sorry for them. "They brought it on themselves" is hardly any consolation when they truly are sorry for what they did, not just that they got caught.