New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 63 of 301 FirstFirst ... 133853545556575859606162636465666768697071727388113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 9010
  1. - Top - End - #1861
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Apparently the act of changing into partial werewolf form increases one's bust size. This would intrigue me, if Mookie could draw women well.

2. - Top - End - #1862
    Orc in the Playground

I am suddenly liking that wolf-woman. Hah, it reminds me of that Sean Connery quote where he says "Yes, I think it's ok to hit a woman" or something like that. Jayden just never struck me as taking it truly seriously. I mean, her responce to the whole thing seemed mechanical (just want to add a note, I do not condone spousal abuse/violence )

I think the problem with this arc is that her affair happened with Siegfried so long ago, and he was dead, so she had most likely moved on with her life. For us, the readers, this is brand new because while one could have guessed that they were having an affair, there really wasn't any evidence to suggest it up until this arc, so its like it practically just happened. So when I see her as not really acting appropriately, its probably because of this bias.

This is kinda interesting because in a way it makes the reader more sympathetic to the werewolves because we never actually saw Jayden's remose over what she did all that time ago. We are only seeing her as she is right now, after she had tried to put that behind her.

Unfortunatly, this also means that there is going to be a HUGE exposition later where she goes into detail about how bad she felt about the affair, how she never got to speak with Siegfried about it and make amends, and how it has been eating away at her (though there was no sign of this before).
    Last edited by Monnock; 2007-10-11 at 08:05 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1863
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Monnock View Post
    Hah, it reminds me of that Sean Connery quote where he says "Yes, I think it's ok to hit a woman" or something like that.
    <sigh> I miss the rule of thumb...
    Last edited by BlackStaticWolf; 2007-10-11 at 08:39 AM.
    “Life is made up of constant calls to action, and we seldom have time for more than hastily contrived answers.” -- Learned Hand

4. - Top - End - #1864
    Firbolg in the Playground

Katya is my new hero now. I hope she evades Dominic Deegan, evades Milov, evades Aberghast Cathedral, and has the Shade of Siegfried introduce her to Jacob, Celesto, and TIM so that she can take her place as the fifth Deegan arch-nemesis.

...Er, because she is clearly unworthy of redemption and must be exiled to the fourth caste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

5. - Top - End - #1865
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post

...Er, because she is clearly unworthy of redemption and must be exiled to the fourth caste.
    Blasphemy! All are worthy of redemption in the eyes of Dominus. Unless they aren't.

6. - Top - End - #1866

ElfRangerGuy

Katya is my new hero now. I hope she evades Dominic Deegan, evades Milov, evades Aberghast Cathedral, and has the Shade of Siegfried introduce her to Jacob, Celesto, and TIM so that she can take her place as the fifth Deegan arch-nemesis.

Scarface One-eye Nimmel will be the instrument of Katya's Third Castification redemption. Just you watch.

7. - Top - End - #1867
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Looking at the way Mookie draws Katya... okay, apparently werewolves, when they shift, are enhanced in every way.

I mean, she went from an A to D in the blink of an eye.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

8. - Top - End - #1868
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    No, no ... look at Jayden's bio.

Though her faith was recently shaken by an encounter with a foe of unspeakable darkness, her piety is unbreakable

These cast bios... ergh. Hard to read.
    I'm actually a big fan of the following:

Her heart is full of divine joy, and she readily shares it with others.

She readily shared her divine joy with Siegfried, she did.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

9. - Top - End - #1869
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    I'm actually a big fan of the following:
    Her heart is full of divine joy, and she readily shares it with others.
    She readily shared her divine joy with Siegfried, she did.
    From the wiki...

Jayden, a pure-hearted Luanian priestess, is naturally defined by her piety.

The three, joined by friendship, banded together to form a group dedicated to justice

SOMEONE needs to really edit this page...

10. - Top - End - #1870

ElfRangerGuy

From the wiki...

Jayden, a pure-hearted Luanian priestess, is naturally defined by her piety.

The three, joined by friendship, banded together to form a group dedicated to justice

SOMEONE needs to really edit this page...
    I nominate Elflad.

11. - Top - End - #1871
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tekraen View Post
    I nominate Elflad.
    Me too. But I doubt Mookie would share our view.
    I liked the new comic personally. But that was mostly because I like stupid characters get what they deserve.
    I didn't even attempt to read Szark's bio. At first glance, it looked too much like character bios of escapist RPG players.
    Last edited by Morty; 2007-10-11 at 09:52 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #1872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thayus View Post
    Here's an irony for you - despite only being able to read DD because of this thread and the strip slays, I think this makes for a better music video than the "official" one.
    Admittedly I didn't even watch the video I linked to, I took it only for the music in order to show what Nightwish is like.

Interesting video, though. Was that done by Mookie, or did someone manage to copy his drawing style with this much precision?

Fool! I have no avatar! You cannot kill that which does not exist! I need only wait for you to either dishonor yourself by admitting defeat or to starve to death on the battlefield! I accept your challenge!

Oh, except Thursdays aren't good for me. I've got a very busy nonexistance. I think I can fit you in... Tuesday. Yes, Tuesday the twenty-third. Of December. 2008.
    So be it! Nothing can save you!
    ...Which is a problem. But I will find a way to prevent Nothing from getting involved, rest assured!

Quote Originally Posted by ElfLad View Post
    I have mixed feelings about these. Yes, they contain a lot of more of the same badness as the comic itself. But at least they showed Mookie had put some more thought into his world and provided the characters with more background than ever came up in the comic itself.
    I never quite understood why Mookie un-linked these bios.

I third ElfLad's nomination. I can't think of anyone better suited for that task.

As for today's comic, 'tis strange... cause for some reason, today's comic actually worked for me. And not due to schadenfreude over Jayden getting beaten up, but due to compassion - that is one really scary situation she is in there, especially since Katya seems to believe she is able to "ruin" her permanently.
    Alas, I am almost sure that Milov will appear in the next comic and stop Katya.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

13. - Top - End - #1873
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I never quite understood why Mookie un-linked these bios.
    He's relying on the wikipedia entry.

As for today's comic, 'tis strange... cause for some reason, today's comic actually worked for me. And not due to schadenfreude over Jayden getting beaten up, but due to compassion - that is one really scary situation she is in there, especially since Katya seems to believe she is able to "ruin" her permanently.
    Disfigure her, then?

Alas, I am almost sure that Milov will appear in the next comic and stop Katya.
    Toss-up between Milov and Luna; Milov because he wanted to thank Dom and will be looking for him, Luna because she was a childhood friend of Jaydens.

14. - Top - End - #1874

ElfRangerGuy

Disfigure her, then?

Toss-up between Milov and Luna; Milov because he wanted to thank Dom and will be looking for him, Luna because she was a childhood friend of Jaydens.
    I'm going to say Luna then Milov than Dominic in that order, Dominic will have seen this coming.

15. - Top - End - #1875
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'm going to say Luna then Milov than Dominic in that order, Dominic will have seen this coming.
    If, of course, Mookie decides that 'oh, Dom isn't as badly hurt as the healers THOUGHT he was'...

... oh, wait, he's done that before.

16. - Top - End - #1876

ElfRangerGuy

If, of course, Mookie decides that 'oh, Dom isn't as badly hurt as the healers THOUGHT he was'...

... oh, wait, he's done that before.
    I'm putting my money on the snarky-yet-dramatic entrance of Dominic with his arms folded, and then Spark will show up and save the strip.

17. - Top - End - #1877
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'm putting my money on the snarky-yet-dramatic entrance of Dominic with his arms folded, and then Spark will show up and save the strip.
    And busty wolf-girls in scarf bondage.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2007-10-11 at 10:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1878
    Titan in the Playground

I know, but the Wiki entry contains only what happened in the comic itself, so all additional thought Mookie might have put into his characters and his world is lost.
    I must say, I always considered the abandonment of the original bios as symptomatic for DD's general downfall.

Disfigure her, then?
    That's what I think is currently happening. Maybe she has either some sort of magic, or werewolves possess an ability inherently, that allows her to cause damage which cannot be healed by white magic (we know there are such things in this world - consider Scarlatti's sword).

I'm thinking less in the terms of who has a reason to be there, but rather in terms of what I expect Mookie to do next - and I expect him to make a confrontation between Milov and Jayden where they talk about what happened and what will happen, with Jayden being apologetic as always, of course, and Milov being brooding, to finally toss out a line about the Moon Dance (which scares Jayden to no ends), and leaving, of course with us still not knowing what the Moon Dance might be.
    Alternatively, this might be Mookie's opportunity to dump exposition on us and to have Milov explain to Jayden what the Moon Dance is.
    At any rate, I think Mookie will be going for emo now, and therefore make Milov and Jayden meet.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #1879

Quote Originally Posted by Monnock View Post
    while one could have guessed that they were having an affair, there really wasn't any evidence to suggest it up until this arc
    Hello? Right Said Fred. I've alluded to it often enough already.
    Something unwise. First, because Wikipedia has a tradition of hostility towards webcomics. Secondly, because what he's doing here is against one of Wikipedia's policies.

He should use Comixpedia instead, or even host his own wiki, like many other webcomics do.

Disfigure her, then?
    It seems that's what Katya means.

But meh, Jayden is a healer herself and a friend of Mr. Super(White)Mage. If Katya wants to inflict any long-lasting harm, she'll have to make emotional scars, because someone who can heal people who've been turned into giant icecubes can heal any skin damage.
    Last edited by Gez; 2007-10-11 at 10:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

20. - Top - End - #1880

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Hello? Right Said Fred. I've alluded to it often enough already.
    Guh? The band that sings "You're My Mate"?
    But meh, Jayden is a healer herself and a friend of Mr. Super(White)Mage. If Katya wants to inflict any long-lasting harm, she'll have to make emotional scars, because someone who can heal people who've been turned into giant icecubes can heal any skin damage.
    Not any, Scarlatti was able to inflict uncurable damage, as was Karnak before he became King of Hell. Somehow the lycanthro-oh god, that had better not be what happens.

New bet. Jayden contracts lycanthropy, states it's 'better this way' and stays in the WA preaching Lunarianism to the unwashed, shedding masses as 'one of their own'.

21. - Top - End - #1881
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Someone who can heal THEMSELVES when they've been turned into giant icecubes can heal ... okay. Now that's just stupid.

22. - Top - End - #1882
    Titan in the Playground

Somehow the lycanthro-oh god, that had better not be what happens.

New bet. Jayden contracts lycanthropy, states it's 'better this way' and stays in the WA preaching Lunarianism to the unwashed, shedding masses as 'one of their own'.

This is not going to happen. That's not how lycanthropy works in this world. He wouldn't do it, right?

I mean, he wouldn't?
    How could he?

...He would do it, right?
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

23. - Top - End - #1883
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

This is not going to happen. That's not how lycanthropy works in this world. He wouldn't do it, right? I mean, he wouldn't? How could he? ...He would do it, right?
    One word answer.

MOOKIE.

24. - Top - End - #1884

ElfRangerGuy

This is not going to happen. That's not how lycanthropy works in this world. He wouldn't do it, right?

I mean, he wouldn't?
    How could he?

...He would do it, right?
    This is Mookie. How many Bothans will die to bring us this travesty?

25. - Top - End - #1885
    Titan in the Playground

Right now my money's on Nimmel to break up the fight. He's the only person who had interacted with Katya (who I think is actually Fifth Caste, but temporarily elevated for Plot reasons - just like the Chocolate Cake Lady) and he hasn't had much development so far.

I mean, it looks like this Arc was partially designed to expand Nimmel's role... maybe promote him from probationary Second Caste member to full. And part of that promotion is always to give a Stern Talking To somebody, to prove their Moral Power to The Great Deegan.

26. - Top - End - #1886
    Titan in the Playground

Good point, Oracle_Hunter. Yes, I could easily see this happen as well.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

27. - Top - End - #1887
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think Nimmel is going to save the day and then go join the Cold Fire universaty thing but get bullied due to the fact how he is a Callian(?) and then he will get uber upset but Milov will stand up for him and then break the necks of those who still laugh. Then him and Nimmel will have some Chocolate Cheesecake
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

28. - Top - End - #1888

Guh? The band that sings "You're My Mate"?
    Yeah, that band, but not that song.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

29. - Top - End - #1889
    Dwarf in the Playground

lol, i like it how it also says he has been going through some major life changes. do you think one of them was getting a life? or maybe improve his drawing
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

30. - Top - End - #1890
    Titan in the Playground

Presumably, this would refer to his "ladyfriend" leaving him a few months ago, and him moving afterwards.
    Did it serve as a source of inspiration for him, or did it cloud his judgement? You decide.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll