New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 88 of 301 FirstFirst ... 3863787980818283848586878889909192939495969798113138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 9010
  1. - Top - End - #2611
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    More like - she found an opportunity someplace else and took it. She probably wanted him to come along, he didn't. Long-distance relationship wasn't good, so they split up. He helped her move, he gets into a bit of an angst period, then he ends up moving himself.

Oh, and here's a post of his...

*snip*
    Yet another reason why Mookie needs a hiatus from the comic. As I've said before: He should take a week off, rest a bit, and then honestly look back at where the comic's gone. Maybe he could re-read the archives, remember how he felt writing about a grumpy old seer in a backwater town, and compare it to his current Mary-Sue. Quite frankly, it can't make anything worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

2. - Top - End - #2612
    Orc in the Playground

You know, as much as we fault Mookie for being unable to write for Female Characters, we always seem to look over on other important fact; his Male characters don't make much sense either.

Milov's character is getting to a level of emo rivaling Nimmel. Pinning secretly for his old love who jilted him, but his honour (to a bunch of other houses he didn't really pay attention to for the longest time; wasn't he already loosing face when he let the Callanians into his country? I mean, yeah, he could vouch for them, but on the political whole, Callan was already proving Milov wrong, so why does he care about saving face now, when the houses have probably already made up their minds?) prevents him from rekindling it.

Oh, and yes, as Winterwind said, everyone seems to have completely forgotten about the whole 'Murder via neckslice' thing that Milov pulled.

It's like the Orcs all over again. The world wasn't built up enough, so all this exploration into another culture doesn't have enough background to be compelling.Unfortunate Implications all over again as well, where it seems that cheating is a worse crime than attempted murder. Quite the endearing culture you've got there, Milov. Callan's looking better and better all the time.

PS: oh, and you guys all suck. no one even noticed my new completed Avi. *goes off and sulks*
    Last edited by Myrdhale; 2007-10-29 at 02:08 PM.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

3. - Top - End - #2613
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Yet another reason why Mookie needs a hiatus from the comic. As I've said before: He should take a week off, rest a bit, and then honestly look back at where the comic's gone. Maybe he could re-read the archives, remember how he felt writing about a grumpy old seer in a backwater town, and compare it to his current Mary-Sue. Quite frankly, it can't make anything worse.
    Don't say that! Don't even think it!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    You know, as much as we fault Mookie for being unable to write for Female Characters, we always seem to look over on other important fact; his Male characters don't make much sense either.
    I never overlooked that. Having no idea how women behave doesn't give one a mastery of the male psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    Milov's character is getting to a level of emo rivaling Nimmel.
    This gives me an idea...

Last edited by Turcano; 2007-10-29 at 08:19 PM.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

4. - Top - End - #2614
    Titan in the Playground

biggrin Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Turcano View Post
    Oooooo! Can I steal that? Um, I don't know what for, but if I can re-size it, I'll totally use that to replace my current stock avatar.

BTW - why haven't we seen more of these? DD should be perfect for LOLfers and DeMotivators! I mean, have you seen how many are in that Erfworld thread?
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #2615
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Oooooo! Can I steal that? Um, I don't know what for, but if I can re-size it, I'll totally use that to replace my current stock avatar.
    Feel free, but resizing it would almost certainly do a number on the lettering.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

6. - Top - End - #2616
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Today's strip was mostly fine - Mookie uses this "show what people wish for before showing what truly happens"-device rather often, but it's a good device, and used to good effect.
    Are you kidding? I looked at today's one and thought "Damn, that's one of the worst so far!" Used to good effect my ass! Tis about as cliched as me calling the guy a lousy hack! It just goes to further the whole 'emo-ness' of the strip that as this stage is starting to make me think that I could have more fun by going out and talking to a bunch of 12-year-olds about their feelings. Its 'potentially' a good device, but he uses it in such a blatantly heavy-handed way that its just painful to read. Maybe if he didn't waste a week's worth of comics on a ****ty fight scene he could've avoided cramming one fairly decent device into a couple of panels.

7. - Top - End - #2617
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Violence View Post
    Are you kidding? I looked at today's one and thought "Damn, that's one of the worst so far!" Used to good effect my ass! Tis about as cliched as me calling the guy a lousy hack! It just goes to further the whole 'emo-ness' of the strip that as this stage is starting to make me think that I could have more fun by going out and talking to a bunch of 12-year-olds about their feelings. Its 'potentially' a good device, but he uses it in such a blatantly heavy-handed way that its just painful to read. Maybe if he didn't waste a week's worth of comics on a ****ty fight scene he could've avoided cramming one fairly decent device into a couple of panels.
    First, on topic: I read today's DD this morning, and caught up with the thread after work. My first thought on reading Tom's post was, "Man, that's a little harsh. I know today wasn't good, but it wasn't the usual strip-scraped-off-somebody's-shoe." Then I reread the strip.

What POSSIBLE justification is there for asking Dominic about the ceremony? That's just blatantly dumb! This has been a closed culture until the last couple of years, so let's ask a complete stranger how to approach our hallowed ritual!

Barf. Combine this with "I just killed you, but I love you and I want you back" and Mookie has hit a new low.

Second, off topic: I'm another long-time lurker, who was pulled out of hiding by another thread. I've been trying to decide for quite a while whether to thank you all, or slap you collectively: I kept seeing posts pop up on this "Dominic Deegan" Oracle for Hire" thread, and figured there must be something to a strip so commented-on.

Then I read it, and my palm started to itch. I was past the point when I could yell at you, since my voice had given out midway through Storm. I started yelling at my computer midway through Ecstasy, if you're curious.

I came in to read this thread (after scraping the horror off of my eyes) to see what kind of people could actually find redeeming qualities in the complete garbage I'd just read; was this whole thread contributed to by people who clean their toilets orally?

No, you all felt like I did, and your vitriol has made it worthwhile to continue reading DD. I snarl, gag, or scream with every update, then run over here to see what's been said. It's great!

And honestly? I don't want DD to change. Yeah, it was halfway to OK originally, and my blood pressure might like the downward spiral to reverse itself... but this thread wouldn't be anything like as much fun any more!

8. - Top - End - #2618
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Occasional Sage View Post
    Barf. Combine this with "I just killed you, but I love you and I want you back" and Mookie has hit a new low.
    No, he hasn't. But in fairness, it's hard to top the reigning champion, i.e., the dead-horse "I'm in love with my life-saving orc-rapist" bit.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

9. - Top - End - #2619
    Orc in the Playground

I have read the most depressing novel in my entire life (Trees on a Slope by Hwang Sun-won if anyone is interested), and when comparing it to the 'sad' story arc that was woven in this chapter of Dominic Deegan makes it look like child's play. Seriously, absolutely nothing was lost and there is no feeling of anyone being alienated or cast away. And we knew that it was going to be like this the whole time. The only time knowing what is going to happen in advance in a dark or tragic story is when the ending is bad, really really bad. Usually ending in death.

The only thing lost was an apparently weak relationship. Obviously the whole long-distance relationship wasn't working out. It happens. As for the implications for Milov? Who cares? The reaction from his house was one random guy laughing at him and the others suggesting that he do a MOON DANCE. What's the big deal? Obviously while the MOON DANCE is important (hence the bold lettering), it doesn't appear to be too huge an ordeal since nobody seems concerned about Milov surviving the ordeal. As for Jayden? I suppose she may be outcast from her Church, if not for the fact that they seem to be the most accepting people EVAR with their uber progressive ideals. Heck, her God forsake her of his divine power and yet she is STILL a priest. If losing grace in the eyes of your God doesn't put you out of favor with your church, if being a murderous psychopath under demonic influences who is also gay (though perhaps it doesn't actually have a connotation in that world) doesn't cause them to turn you away at their gates, then merely cheating on a boyfriend will not make them turn a cold shoulder to you.

So what is lost here? What is sad? The happy memories that Milov has of his former girlfriend and his best friend? Yeah, I think the best way to summarize this entire thing is to label it 'Emo.'

Sorry for the huge rant of rantitude. I can't say that I absolutely hate the story that Mookie has woven thus far, after all it is for our entertainment, though I find it ironic that, as someone posted before, that he should receive a standing ovation for his presentation on creating believable characters.

10. - Top - End - #2620
    Titan in the Playground

First, on topic: I read today's DD this morning, and caught up with the thread after work. My first thought on reading Tom's post was, "Man, that's a little harsh. I know today wasn't good, but it wasn't the usual strip-scraped-off-somebody's-shoe." Then I reread the strip.

What POSSIBLE justification is there for asking Dominic about the ceremony? That's just blatantly dumb! This has been a closed culture until the last couple of years, so let's ask a complete stranger how to approach our hallowed ritual!

I'm sure that Milov's questions were like this guy's.

Seems like this arc is really pulling out the lurkers. I'm sure that's a bad sign, but I gotta say, I enjoy the company

I revise my previous comments about the end of the arc though - I had completely forgotten about the Moon Dance due to the "Fight For Love and Justice" interlude. Clearly there's Something Significant that's going to happen there.

I'm betting on the "abandon your friends or die" ultimatum, with the obvious "Milov, you're exiled from our village, FOREVER" response.

... unless Mookie becomes a Super Hack, in which case Milov will suddenly care deeply about his people, their culture, and his family honor, and be Put On a Bus. He'll be the first guy not shipped to Aberxast Cathedral too!

Anyone else want to revise their predictions?

EDIT: Monnok, I feel your pain but just repeat this simple mantra:

"I will not compare real art to Mookie"

This works when reading most webcomics, since you're not reading them for their High Art qualities. Just take a deep breath and enjoy the show.

Plus, rants are cathartic, so feel free to indulge!
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2007-10-29 at 11:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

11. - Top - End - #2621
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Monnock View Post
    Sorry for the huge rant of rantitude. I can't say that I absolutely hate the story that Mookie has woven thus far, after all it is for our entertainment, though I find it ironic that, as someone posted before, that he should receive a standing ovation for his presentation on creating believable characters.
    OH PLEASE GOD SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! I missed this bit of horror, could somebody fill me in so that I have to gouge out my eyes for having read such a thing?

Oh, and to follow Oracle Hunter: rants are not just cathartic, but part of a complete breakfast! Everybody here seems to enjoy them, so please: tirade away!

12. - Top - End - #2622
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Violence View Post
    For all the badness in DD in general and the last strip in particular, I didn't find the usage of that device to be so poor as you present it here. Though this might be because I was so shocked by the possibility of this being the resolution of Jayden's and Milov's conflict that the last panel came as a huge relief.

I can only assume he meant to do so to either be told which approach would yield the best results (like that headmaster/mistress thing back then), or because The Dominic is such a world-savvy, empathic, omniscient people-person that he will know how to deal best with some bunch of werewolves.
    From a different, isolated culture.
    Whom he have never met before.
    Cause, you know, he's The Dominic.

Indeed, that was a bad one.

Second, off topic: I'm another long-time lurker, who was pulled out of hiding by another thread.
    Welcome to the forums and to this thread. Good to have you on board in this thread devoted to a trainwreck of a webcomic, cause, you know, misery seeks company.

And honestly? I don't want DD to change. Yeah, it was halfway to OK originally, and my blood pressure might like the downward spiral to reverse itself... but this thread wouldn't be anything like as much fun any more!
    I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I really don't want all the people who come into this thread now and then and accuse us of being cynical hatemongers, who have reached the level of fanatism regarding DD to be right. On the other hand, yeah, this thread is much more entertaining than DD ever used to be.

If losing grace in the eyes of your God doesn't put you out of favor with your church, if being a murderous psychopath under demonic influences who is also gay (though perhaps it doesn't actually have a connotation in that world) doesn't cause them to turn you away at their gates, then merely cheating on a boyfriend will not make them turn a cold shoulder to you.
    Um, but you're assuming a moral system here that could have been devised by someone whose mind has not been messed with by Great Cthulhu. Given the ethical failures Mookie has displayed in the comic so far, this could be precisely what they do.

I'm betting on the "abandon your friends or die" ultimatum, with the obvious "Milov, you're exiled from our village, FOREVER" response.

... unless Mookie becomes a Super Hack, in which case Milov will suddenly care deeply about his people, their culture, and his family honor, and be Put On a Bus. He'll be the first guy not shipped to Aberxast Cathedral too!

Anyone else want to revise their predictions?
    No, I think one of these is exactly what will happen, albeit I actually think the latter possibility is somewhat more likely - I can visualise it already, Milov is asked the decisive question, exchanges a look with Jayden for 2-3 panels, and then demonstratively turns away and chooses his culture above the woman he killed murdered loves.

Plus, rants are cathartic, so feel free to indulge!
    Truer words have never been spoken.

OH PLEASE GOD SAY IT ISN'T SO!!! I missed this bit of horror, could somebody fill me in so that I have to gouge out my eyes for having read such a thing?
    That would refer to this strip here, brought from the depths of the archives by courtesy of averagejoe.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

13. - Top - End - #2623
    Ogre in the Playground

If losing grace in the eyes of your God doesn't put you out of favor with your church, if being a murderous psychopath under demonic influences who is also gay (though perhaps it doesn't actually have a connotation in that world) doesn't cause them to turn you away at their gates, then merely cheating on a boyfriend will not make them turn a cold shoulder to you.
    Homosexuality is frowned upon in some circles, at least. Since the Church has ties to a military order that harbored closet infernomancers, you can make a case that they tolerate everything.

Also, today's strip shows promise for slaying.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

14. - Top - End - #2624
    Ogre in the Playground

For all the badness in DD in general and the last strip in particular, I didn't find the usage of that device to be so poor as you present it here. Though this might be because I was so shocked by the possibility of this being the resolution of Jayden's and Milov's conflict that the last panel came as a huge relief.
    I hadn't looked at it that way. Still bad, but maybe not as wretched any more.

Welcome to the forums and to this thread. Good to have you on board in this thread devoted to a trainwreck of a webcomic, cause, you know, misery seeks company.
    In this case, you created the company. You say potato...

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I really don't want all the people who come into this thread now and then and accuse us of being cynical hatemongers, who have reached the level of fanatism regarding DD to be right. On the other hand, yeah, this thread is much more entertaining than DD ever used to be.
    I not-so-humbly submit that if DD fans exist outside of Livejournal (do they still enthuse over there?), and were to visit here, the resulting conversion conversation would be good for them.

Um, but you're assuming a moral system here that could have been devised by someone whose mind has not been messed with by Great Cthulhu. Given the ethical failures Mookie has displayed in the comic so far, this could be precisely what they do.
    I think lots of the problems we see with the setting is that it's created at need, as the story is written. If there was more than a rough sketch in advance, it would help tremendously.

That would refer to this strip here, brought from the depths of the archives by courtesy of averagejoe.
    Ack. That just destroyed my faith in humanity. Again.

By the way, Winterwind, how do you quote multiple posts in yours? I know how to make the tags, but yours link back properly; is that a function of the number following the name and if so, how do you reverse-engineer that?

15. - Top - End - #2625
    Titan in the Playground

Homosexuality is frowned upon in some circles, at least. Since the Church has ties to a military order that harbored closet infernomancers, you can make a case that they tolerate everything.
    Do not forget, however, that infidelity/adultery is much worse than murder in Mookieworld!

As for today's strip.
    First panel made me laugh. That's so me after too little sleep.

Also, hey, seems I was right for a change, and the conflict with Siegfried still remains unresolved.

Who do you think Nimmel is supposed to contact? Probably Grench, I believe, although figuratively speaking Snowsong might also fill the bill. However, what good is that supposed to do? Both are far away, both have problems of their own, and Mookie established that one must not teleport into the Winter Archipelago...

EDIT:
    I not-so-humbly submit that if DD fans exist outside of Livejournal (do they still enthuse over there?), and were to visit here, the resulting conversion conversation would be good for them.
    As long as they enjoy the comic, good for them, I say. I question their taste, but if it makes them happy, I'm not about to wreck their toys.

I think lots of the problems we see with the setting is that it's created at need, as the story is written. If there was more than a rough sketch in advance, it would help tremendously.
    Indeed.

Ack. That just destroyed my faith in humanity. Again.
    Fortunately Mookie is not representative for humanity, right?
    ...right?

By the way, Winterwind, how do you quote multiple posts in yours? I know how to make the tags, but yours link back properly; is that a function of the number following the name and if so, how do you reverse-engineer that?
    Maybe, I don't know; what I do is just right-click the Quote-button of every post I reply to, telling my browser to open a new tab for each one, and copying it all into one single reply after that.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-10-30 at 03:08 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

16. - Top - End - #2626
    Ogre in the Playground

Who do you think Nimmel is supposed to contact? Probably Grench, I believe, although figuratively speaking Snowsong might also fill the bill. However, what good is that supposed to do? Both are far away, both have problems of their own, and Mookie established that one must not teleport into the Winter Archipelago...
    The "friends-turned-demons" line suggests Dominic's mother.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

17. - Top - End - #2627
    Ogre in the Playground

That would probably be Mrs. Deegan. Karnak was her friend in real life before becoming a demon lord. Man, the parallel hadn't occurred to me before. Lame.

Also, since she's a Deegan she can find a way around the no-teleporting problem. Problem solved.

Edit: Ninja'd!

Thanks though, Winterwind, I hadn't thought of that.

Re-edit: The humanity that wrecked my faith would be the crowd standing to ovate Mookie.

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen the word "ovate" used before, but the spell checker has no problem with it. huh.
    Last edited by Occasional Sage; 2007-10-30 at 03:22 AM.

18. - Top - End - #2628
    Titan in the Playground

The "friends-turned-demons" line suggests Dominic's mother.
    Ah, right, Karnak.
    Sheesh, I shouldn't be allowed to post this early in the morning; my brain evidently refuses to work at this hour.

Miranda, then? Great - as soon as something doesn't work out perfectly for Dominic, he instantly summons the super-heavy cavalry in form of his godlike archmage mother.

A bit more of that, and the super-powerful good guys will start to appear like bullies, for kicking the poor wimpy bad guys around.
    It's as if in Star Wars the Rebels had all those fancy Stardestroyers, Deathstars, troops and planets under their iron fist, and the Empire was flying around in junk and hiding desperately, always on the flight, yet we were still supposed to side with the Rebellion.

Also, since she's a Deegan she can find a way around the no-teleporting problem. Problem solved.
    First Caste privilege: Ignore puny local laws. You're above them anyway.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-10-30 at 03:31 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

19. - Top - End - #2629
    Titan in the Playground

Is it just me, or does Mookie in the "standing ovation" filler look awfully like Dominic?
    ...oh, right.
    Also, the only thing that'd be worse than calling Dominic's mother would be calling SuperGreg for help. Seriously.
    Last edited by Morty; 2007-10-30 at 08:37 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #2630
    Titan in the Playground

There are one or two further strips where Mookie drew himself. Every single time I was confused for a moment what Dominic was doing there, until I realised that was supposed to be Mookie instead. They do not just look similar, they are completely identical, except for Mookie's stubbles.

And Mookie doesn't even look like that.

But Dominic is not a self-insertion character. No sir. Never.
    Last edited by Winterwind; 2007-10-30 at 08:42 AM.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

21. - Top - End - #2631
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by M0rt View Post
    Also, the only thing that'd be worse than calling Dominic's mother would be calling SuperGreg for help. Seriously.
    Well, you could bring in Dominic's mother and SuperGreg. And Klo Tark and Stonewater for old times' sake.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

22. - Top - End - #2632
    Titan in the Playground

Well, you could bring in Dominic's mother and SuperGreg. And Klo Tark and Stonewater for old times' sake.
    Yeah, that'd suck so much there're no words for it in any language. In terms of sigle people though, Dominic's mother is surpassed only by SuperGreg anbd maybe Klo Tark in terms of people we don't want to see. I mean, she's an archmage in story where magic is definition of Green Rock.
    Last edited by Morty; 2007-10-30 at 08:55 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #2633
    Troll in the Playground

What the phygglesnyff?

Let me get this straight. In order to see into Hell, Milov needs Nimmel.

Milov.

The Oracular Spellwolf.

Needs a young student seer to cast a basic-level spell to see things.

If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

24. - Top - End - #2634
    Titan in the Playground

I believe that is because it is day now, and Milov needs moonlight to scry.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

25. - Top - End - #2635
    Firbolg in the Playground

I personally think it works differently. After Nimmel contacts Miranda, he will go to the Moon Dance, were Milov will prove his loyalty by vivisecting the Callanian in front of everyone. Then, he will take Nimmel's preserved brain and consume it privately as part of a ritual that will temporarily give him Nimmel's powers. That will augment Milov's own scrying to the point where he can see into Hell, but all the usual insanity will be absorbed by Nimmel's soul.

As for how Miranda will get to the Winter Archipelago, I say that she simply has her magic school declare war on Coldfire Academy and slips in during the ensuing chaos (local laws don't apply to invading armies, so I'm told). As an unfortunate side effect, of course, all the foolish spellwolves who have not sworn loyalty to Dominus will have to be subdued. Boris's pelt will make a handsome rug, and Katya will entertain the children to no end with her personality juggling act (kept safely in a cage with a chain and collar, of course).

For a final, random side note, I just noticed that Nimmel has the same magical specialty as Snowsong. Discuss.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

26. - Top - End - #2636
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like it's time for Nimmel's Day In the Limelight. At least getting Dom out of the way was not done quite as ham-fistedly as it could have been.

I can't tell you how happy I am to see that the Milov-Jayden relationship angst is done (for now) - and that my hopeful theory for the "Siggy Redemption" comic was correct! That still doesn't excuse the bad art and the nauseating end, but at least it's over for now.

As for the future - looks like Milov is a traitor to his race! Hooray!

Of course, it'll probably turn out he was perfectly justified in betraying his culture, and he'll be readily forgiven. Hey, if we're lucky, Siggy will actually remain Karnak's Dragon for some time longer - tentacle rape aside, I *like* the idea of Siegfried, Knight of Hell.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

27. - Top - End - #2637
    Titan in the Playground

I personally think it works differently. After Nimmel contacts Miranda, he will go to the Moon Dance, were Milov will prove his loyalty by vivisecting the Callanian in front of everyone. Then, he will take Nimmel's preserved brain and consume it privately as part of a ritual that will temporarily give him Nimmel's powers. That will augment Milov's own scrying to the point where he can see into Hell, but all the usual insanity will be absorbed by Nimmel's soul.

As for how Miranda will get to the Winter Archipelago, I say that she simply has her magic school declare war on Coldfire Academy and slips in during the ensuing chaos (local laws don't apply to invading armies, so I'm told). As an unfortunate side effect, of course, all the foolish spellwolves who have not sworn loyalty to Dominus will have to be subdued. Boris's pelt will make a handsome rug, and Katya will entertain the children to no end with her personality juggling act (kept safely in a cage with a chain and collar, of course).
    Brilliant.

Although I admit, the idea Milov might need Nimmel as some kind of sacrifice/victim to prove his contempt towards the Callanians during the Moon Dance crossed my mind as well.

For a final, random side note, I just noticed that Nimmel has the same magical specialty as Snowsong. Discuss.
    Not quite the same. Snowsong specialised in ice magic, whereas Nimmel's specialisation are seasonal spells. It coincides only because it's winter right now.

As for the future - looks like Milov is a traitor to his race! Hooray!
    Of course you have to wonder what exactly he did to be considered a traitor or disloyal towards his race. And you find all he did was to associate with foreigners, and maybe show a bit tolerance towards other races and religions.

This leaves only one possible conclusion.

The werewolves are Nazis.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

28. - Top - End - #2638
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Ten bucks says he's going to contact Stonewater to come save everyone.

29. - Top - End - #2639
    Titan in the Playground

Would he have to rape each and everyone of them to accomplish this, or would a symbolic rape of only of them be sufficient? (I'm scared by having typed this alone )

Seriously though, Dominic's order to "contact her" does make Stonewater as the one who is supposed to save them seem rather improbable.
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

30. - Top - End - #2640
    Titan in the Playground

Whoa. While rereading 8-Bit theater archives, I've found this. Looks like Mookie did a guest comic for 8-Bit once. I didn't know this, although I knew the art was sucky the first time I've seen this. Also, it looks as if he based Red Mage on Klo Tark.