New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2: Larian doesn't know what 'original' means

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    I couldn't help but notice the "Skills" are kind of limited in number.

Again, that changes as you go up in level. If you talk to some NPCs around camp, you can eventually identify spellbook vendors for different skill trees. Stingtail, IIRC sells pyrokinetic spellbooks for example, while that other absentminded lizard who's name I cant remember sells hydrosophist.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #392
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, with most character builds you'll reach a point where you run out of slots for all the skills you actually want to use and have to start putting points in Memory--there are a lot of the things.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I found the Fire Caverns. Oh God I LOVE the Pet Pal perk.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You could just start again if you've lost your thread with the story? That's what I usually do. Re-equipping happens a lot at lower levels but not so much later on in the game. As for the NPC quest hooks, I don't remember doing much of that in Driftwood--certainly considerably less than in Fort Joy!
    Well, I tried that but it was just all too recent to hold my attention a second time. It's not that I've forgotten any of the story, it's just that I'm not particularly attached to it anymore after taking a 3 month break from the game.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I haven't killed The Flenser or Ovandil yet. Do I need to kill Ovandil or can I come back and get rid of him later?

6. - Top - End - #396

BlackDragon

I haven't killed The Flenser or Ovandil yet. Do I need to kill Ovandil or can I come back and get rid of him later?
    Er, who's Ovandil? I don't remember anyone of that name?

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

He's the priest guy in the above ground portion of the fort. He turns an elf into a silent monk in front of you.

And yes, as long as you are on the Island you can go back and kill them. Once you leave the island, theres no returning.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

8. - Top - End - #398

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    He's the priest guy in the above ground portion of the fort. He turns an elf into a silent monk in front of you.
    That's High Judge Orivand, isn't it? Assuming that is who ArlEammon is talking about, then yes, I agree--you can kill him any time before you leave the island. I left him until I was around level 5 on my first playthrough.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I'd just like to add that not all of the skills are sold at all. You can however craft all of them including a bunch well before you can buy them probably the most useful part of the otherwise difficult and not that powerful crafting system. I will also point out that I have not yet found a single complete reference for the crafting system.

Also something I learned that changed the early part of the game is that you can and should be lvl 2 after wendigo's blast on the boat if you do it right. Super mindblowing after my first 3 games and I love it also if you want you can fight and defeat Alexander and Dallis in fort joy worth very good xp makes lots of stuff easier ending chapter 1 at lvl 10 though I still ended the game at 22.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

That's High Judge Orivand, isn't it? Assuming that is who ArlEammon is talking about, then yes, I agree--you can kill him any time before you leave the island. I left him until I was around level 5 on my first playthrough.
    Yes my brain sneezed and said Ovandil instead of Orivand.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nokrud View Post
    I'd just like to add that not all of the skills are sold at all. You can however craft all of them including a bunch well before you can buy them probably the most useful part of the otherwise difficult and not that powerful crafting system. I will also point out that I have not yet found a single complete reference for the crafting system.

Also something I learned that changed the early part of the game is that you can and should be lvl 2 after wendigo's blast on the boat if you do it right. Super mindblowing after my first 3 games and I love it also if you want you can fight and defeat Alexander and Dallis in fort joy worth very good xp makes lots of stuff easier ending chapter 1 at lvl 10 though I still ended the game at 22.
    As far as skill crafting goes, You can combine a spell tome from an elemental skill with a spell tome from a non-elemental skill to create a new ability tome that requires both of the skills that went into it. You can put any combination of the two base skills together and it will always net the same result, with one exception: using a source skill in the combination will result in an improved version of the base ability that also uses source.

For example, necromancy and pyrokinetic together create the corpse explosion spell. Using source skills in the combo creates the Mass Corpse Explosion spell.

Other than that, the only remotely useful things ive found to do with crafting is turning health potions into poison potions for undead characters, and turning nails into lockpicks.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I have already left Fort Joy. All I need to do there is get rid of Magister Borris and High Judge Orivand.
    That said, which is the best way to leave Fort Joy, in your honest opinion?

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

Other than that, the only remotely useful things ive found to do with crafting is turning health potions into poison potions for undead characters, and turning nails into lockpicks.
    Invest in thievery on Fane and you'll never need lockpicks.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

I have already left Fort Joy. All I need to do there is get rid of Magister Borris and High Judge Orivand.
    That said, which is the best way to leave Fort Joy, in your honest opinion?
    Best way is probably through the magisters forces you to earn the most xp on your way out and it makes it safe to come back... quickest way probably the sewer behind kniles buying him off with atusa's leg...

As far as skill crafting goes, You can combine a spell tome from an elemental skill with a spell tome from a non-elemental skill to create a new ability tome that requires both of the skills that went into it. You can put any combination of the two base skills together and it will always net the same result, with one exception: using a source skill in the combination will result in an improved version of the base ability that also uses source.

For example, necromancy and pyrokinetic together create the corpse explosion spell. Using source skills in the combo creates the Mass Corpse Explosion spell.

Nails are for shoes, sir. No more slipping : ) and global cooling plus rain related disasters : ). As you get farther in making ancient empowered armor like pants with high elemental resists isn't terribly useless. Along with making potions of resistance is really nice for fights with lots of a specific element like the famous oil derrick. allows you to do things out of order without much hassle... honestly the buffs for food and potions are rather strong almost like the balance was done without them.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Barbarian in the Playground

I decided to see what was the soonest I could hit level 2, just out of curiosity. Used Hydro+geo(Fossil strike, poison dart, and restoration) and candles to kill all the magisters before the Wendigo, Convinced the hiding ones to not attack and then killed them for the exp. Found the deathfog. I hit level two with the first set of void woken. Tried killing Fane to get it before Voidwoken, but he gives no exp. It was kinda fun puzzleing out how to kill the magisters without gear. Did it on the Classic mode, pretty sure I could do it on tactician with LW. I think you have to use magic/fire though. Unless I am missing something there is no easy way to get the armor down.

Nobody really reacts when you kill all the magisters. They help you fight them and then just carry on. Itll make a good start for a villian play through though. I realized after the fact that some of the kids run away and go to a room. I wonder if I closed all the doors and killed them too if I would get exp off them. Too lazy to go back to it right now though.
    Last edited by Tono; 2017-12-18 at 06:39 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    I decided to see what was the soonest I could hit level 2, just out of curiosity. Used Hydro+geo(Fossil strike, poison dart, and restoration) and candles to kill all the magisters before the Wendigo, Convinced the hiding ones to not attack and then killed them for the exp. Found the deathfog. I hit level two with the first set of void woken. Tried killing Fane to get it before Voidwoken, but he gives no exp. It was kinda fun puzzleing out how to kill the magisters without gear. Did it on the Classic mode, pretty sure I could do it on tactician with LW. I think you have to use magic/fire though. Unless I am missing something there is no easy way to get the armor down.

Nobody really reacts when you kill all the magisters. They help you fight them and then just carry on. Itll make a good start for a villian play through though. I realized after the fact that some of the kids run away and go to a room. I wonder if I closed all the doors and killed them too if I would get exp off them. Too lazy to go back to it right now though.

Heh the even easier way is to have Wendigo kill them all for you. You just have to tag them all easiest in multiplayer but can be done with a number of builds on Honour/Tactician (Id assume on the other difficulties as well) Its hardest to get the timing right to tag the magisters in front of Wendigo. But you can definately hit lvl 2 off her blast/and being a jerk to the one that collared you. Taking all three of the Deathfog barrels is also quite rewarding but requires really specific build and timing ugh never use the queue action timing its awful slow... though now that certain NPCs have tags patched onto them I guess the deathfog is less fun to play with but still works in a number of locations(slane is a good one same with first time seeing alexander at the gate well when he is walking back from the gate technically).

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

High Judge Orivand is disturbingly difficult to fight. I'm level 5, I've got awesome gear, all of my dudes are armored, but it's kind of hard to find any suitable strategy to fight him. I've got a question. . . I've ran in panic from the Hall of Penitence all the way back to camp before I got to run away with my life to the camp. Will the fight reset in the Hall of Penitence or can I form a new strategy to destroy him from where I ran away at?

18. - Top - End - #408

BlackDragon

I don't know the answer to that--always reloaded if I was struggling with Orivand. Anyway, the critical thing to remember about him is that he hits like a truck and is by far the most dangerous opponent in the room, so you need to concentrate on getting his armour down and then using crowd control abilities on him to keep him out of the fight--e.g. knockdown or freezing.

19. - Top - End - #409

Another way to deal with Orivand fast is to come in through his bedroom/office. If you go outside there will be a series of ladders you can use to enter his room. From there you can head straight to the balcony and start the fight from a short distance away from Orivand and his mage buddies. The melee enemies will have to run the long way around to get to you so you have time to focus on the dangerous enemies first then mop up the adds.

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Nokrud View Post
    Heh the even easier way is to have Wendigo kill them all for you. You just have to tag them all easiest in multiplayer but can be done with a number of builds on Honour/Tactician (Id assume on the other difficulties as well) Its hardest to get the timing right to tag the magisters in front of Wendigo. But you can definately hit lvl 2 off her blast/and being a jerk to the one that collared you. Taking all three of the Deathfog barrels is also quite rewarding but requires really specific build and timing ugh never use the queue action timing its awful slow... though now that certain NPCs have tags patched onto them I guess the deathfog is less fun to play with but still works in a number of locations(slane is a good one same with first time seeing alexander at the gate well when he is walking back from the gate technically).
    Have you hit level 2 off the blast recently? Even tagging the three magisters I don't get near that much. Even after killing all the others. I could easily just be messing it up though.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tono View Post
    Have you hit level 2 off the blast recently? Even tagging the three magisters I don't get near that much. Even after killing all the others. I could easily just be messing it up though.
    Hmm Ill try tonight but to answer your question no last time I started a game was back in October probably.