New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Tunnel Spooktober 2017

[Legend of Cookies]

Chailyn leads Khannie down the tunnels until she spots Sam and Sherrel. She pulls back around the corner and considers her next move. She looks Khannie up and down. "So what can you do? Any special powers or stuff? She asks curiously, suspecting her new friend has to have some cool talents. She has hears stories about the Nexus even if this is her first time visiting. She knows most people are more than what they appear, a lesson she learned in her homeland as well.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Puzzles]

The chest contains, appropriately enough, a big, plush shark with a silly, toothy grin.
    Victory!
    Karen tugs the toy shark loose and maneuvers it around to rest on the claws of the lobster costume. Aww, look at those silly soft teeth! How cute.
    With her prize claimed, she'll saunter back out of the puzzle-tunnels towards the main room.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Khannie]

Khannie still moving around like she's in a daze. Enchantments spells will do that. Wonder when she'll manage to shake it off?

"I'm good at punching stuff!" she replies dreamily. Her new best friend in the whole world wants to know what she's good at? Oh wow, this will be the perfect chance to impress her! But... "But daddy says I'm not allowed to punch people since I might hurt them on accident."

She got a punching bag once!

It didn't survive very long.

Had to enchant it so it would repair itself.

[That Guy]

"Best People?"
    the guy echoes, a slight grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. "You're right. That does sound a little arrogant. So you just sleep wherever? I guess that makes sense if you can be a bird whenever you want. Birds don't take up too much space and people typically don't pay much attention to them."

Especially corvids.

They're so ubiquitous they can get away with just about anything.

"I had a steller's jay steal my cinnamon rolls once when I was out camping. They were left unattended on a picnic table for about five minutes and then the package was torn open and they were gone. I'm sure you don't do anything like that,"
    he muses aloud. At least they aren't kenku. Kenku are just annoying. And honestly creating an entire race of thieves just feels like bad form. Haven't seen any around the city yet, though... "I... guess I really haven't had anywhere I've been staying. But given that I'm dreaming about being here that isn't too weird."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

"We're the only people we're aware of that change from bird to humanoid. Hence why we named ourselves 'best'. And, yeah. I sleep pretty much wherever I want." She contemplates the story of the Steller's Jay. "Jays are nearly as bad as magpies. Nasty, horrible birds, magpies. Eggthieves and worse. I wouldn't swoop down and steal a picnicker's lunch, that's for sure." Although she's tried pickpocketing before. "What happens to the you here when you wake up? Do you have somewhere safe to go, or do you decorporate?" She's not too certain she's got the word right, but then, she's not sure there's a word for what she means.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #125

"No no raven people or magpie people, then," the guy muses aloud. "At least none where you're from? This city has quite a bit of stuff ranging from fairly tame to very not, I'll bet if you really looked hard you could find someone else who can be either a human or a bird when they feel like it. Though... they might be able to be other things, too. That's always been kind of a druid thing, if we're talking D&D druids. I guess actual druids were just... priestly lawyers, sort of?"

Or something like that.

At least eighty five percent less transforming into bears and mauling orcs to death.

"I appreciate you not stealing people's cinnamon rolls. There are a few things that shouldn't be meddled with when it comes to camping, and cinnamon rolls are one of those things. If you haven't ever had cinnamon rolls foil-wrapped and warmed over an open fire, I really suggest you try it out some time," that guy says, getting a dreamy look at the thought of the warm, gooey snack. So good...

"Oh, uh, no need to worry about me waking up. I've actually been trying to figure out exactly what's going on. See, I randomly found this weird city several days ago- or at least it feels like it was several days ago- and since then I haven't been able to wake myself up. My guess is that the dream just FEELS like it has been going on a long time when in reality it hasn't been any longer than usual. Dreams are weird like that," he explains. "Though if you want to be technical, I don't wake up. Waking World me does."

That might result in a confused look, so he continues.

"Everyone you meet in a dream, including yourself, is a maskless fae spirit. They don't have any identity of their own, but they draw on the minds passing through the Dreamlands to create an identity. Even the person who might represent 'you'. That's why dreams are often in third person or outside of the dreamer's control. They aren't really there, they're just watching the show. When the dreamer wakes up, the fae lose their identities and go back to being hardly aware spirits," the guy says, scooping up several chips to use as dubiously helpful visual aids. "But when someone is a Lucid, they're able to make direct mental contact with one of those fae. That can create a permanent identity for the fae that the Lucid can express control over while they're sleeping. A Lucid might only have one such dream persona or a whole bunch of them. That's what I am. I can tell Waking World me is still asleep, but right now they're just watching. I, or he I guess, is trying to wake up but we aren't making much headway. He's focusing on that problem while I'm doing all the talking. Though, hehe, given that we're mentally the exact same person there's not too much of a difference between him at the wheel or me."

He eats the chips, their not terribly apparent purpose served.

"When he DOES wake up, though, I'm still like any other masked fae. I can wander around and do whatever I want. Which right now is attending this hilarious party and chatting with the best Best Person I've ever met."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chailyn and Khannie

Chailyn isn't very good at reading people, she has meet a lot of people who act just like Khannie is now. She frowns a bit at the limitation on her punching. If she is good at punching why stop her. "Well I mean you can punch bad people right?" She waves the thought away. "What about punching things? Could you punch the wall to distract them. Then I can sneak up and grab the loot." She smiles happy with her plan for a heist. She isn't sure what the loot is exactly but she figures it has to be something good.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

A new arrival! Or rather, a whole crowd.

First, the children swarm in. Four young girls, around four years old. They're all (nearly) identical red skinned, frizzy haired balls of excitement. They each have their own unique costumes too! A scientist, a superhero, a beast, and an alien. The scientist is dressed up in a little lab coat and protective goggles. For some reason she carries a sack over her shoulder. The superhero is dressed in white tights with purple accents, with a cape to complete the look. Some that are familiar with a particular line of Nexus comics might recognize her. The beast wears a very real pelt over her shoulders. Her face is obscured by a fearsome wooden mask that appears to be canine in shape. Lastly the alien has an elaborate mini flying saucer around her waist that blinks and flashes with a variety of coloured lights. Otherwise she's covered from head to toe in green spandex, aside from her face. A pair of bobbly antenna on her head complete the look.

There's an adult following the four girls (thankfully). It appears to be a tall, rather lanky woman. She has extremely pale skin and dark hair. Her bob hairdo and makeup were certainly meticulously prepared. Her costume is of a witch, though clearly leaning more toward 'cute' than 'scary'. Her navy blue dress hugs her slender figure until it poofs out quite prominently around her hips and legs. Her fairly tall boots leave only the barest bith of leg showing between them and the skirt. A tall, pointy hat sits on her head, with a yellow star just above its wide brim.

It only takes a moment for the kids to spot where all the candy is. They all rush forward at once, leaving their caretaker to scramble after them. "Girls, wait. Stay with me." She stands over them as they harvest the candy and casts her eyes about the room, searching. She clutches the broom she's carrying close to her body.

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Legend of Cookies]

"Cute kid," Sherrel comments after Natalie's gone, smiling, "I wonder how many we'll see down here tonight."
    Really it's Sherrel's own fault when one of the kids breaks off from the pack and confronts them. "Rawr! I'm the bultungin!" The beast shouts! Although her bared teeth are invisible, the visage of her mask probably does a much better job of selling it.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

You can't all yourself a sorceress without cryptic smiles. A well-know fact.

"I step on them," Fayyaad says, with brutal honesty. "And they catch on everything. Doors, people, furniture. I don't know if magic can help with that. My practised grace can only go so far."

Iknika grabs the card.

"Thanks! Uh... I live in Underside, but I think it's too small down there for you. But I hang out at GLoG a lot, too."
    Well, there's like a 20% chance I'm a member of GLoG, I've only been there once, but I think I signed up, or maybe i just had a picnic, I can't remember.

I've been to Underside as well, briefly.

What do you do at GLoG?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Well, there's like a 20% chance I'm a member of GLoG, I've only been there once, but I think I signed up, or maybe i just had a picnic, I can't remember.

I've been to Underside as well, briefly.

What do you do at GLoG?
    "I just hang out there with my cousin. And her cousin. He's a little half-goblin half-wolfen kid. And I train there, because there's lots of open space," Iknika says. "They're pretty relaxed about who is invited in."

Meanwhile, the assorted kids might find themselves the object of attention of the wolf pack. The three little tieflings are approached by two young pups, followed closely by their father, an adult wolf. The young wolves keep some distance and sniff at the kids cautiously.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Legend of Cookies]

Sam jumps about eight inches into the air, straightening up with his plastic pitchfork.
    "Foolish! uh...bultungnsin. None can defeat Ganon and claim Princess Zelda's triforce of cookies!" he proclaims, waving his pitchfork at her and the bag of butter cookies.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Electra keeps things going with a song with a bit of driving melody, before slowing things down once more. While she's playing the slower song, another woman moves up to Fayyaad and Cassandra, glancing between the two of them and Electra, who has her back to the group and is playing with her eyes closed. The woman has long hair, which appears at first glance to be black, but actually has a deep blue sheen to it, the color of storm clouds, or perhaps deep, dark water. Her eyes are a muted red, though they seem to almost smolder if one looks into them too long. She's dressed in a tight, black leather sleeveless top that exposes just a bit of her mid-riff, a pair of knee-length gi shorts tied just above each of her knees, with a long sort of leather-ish looking loincloth type piece over the top, which is longer and wider in back than in front, and black boots and gloves. The dead give away that she's something similar to Electra are the rounded domes where her ears should be, though the lenses in the centers are red instead of blue. She seems to have overheard Fayyaad and chuckles.

"You just need the right wind to push them into whatever place you need, that's all." She smiles at both of them in a friendly manner, and glances towards the stage for a moment, not watching Electra, but the robots playing the other instruments behind her for a moment, before looking back to both of them. "Do either of you know how long she's slated to play for?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

"I just hang out there with my cousin. And her cousin. He's a little half-goblin half-wolfen kid. And I train there, because there's lots of open space," Iknika says. "They're pretty relaxed about who is invited in."

Meanwhile, the assorted kids might find themselves the object of attention of the wolf pack. The three little tieflings are approached by two young pups, followed closely by their father, an adult wolf. The young wolves keep some distance and sniff at the kids cautiously.
    Oh yeah, Tuskfang, right?

He's adorable.

I see him every year at Thanksmas.

Are they coming to this party?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

"Just jackdaw-people in the Clattering. Otherwise, it wouldn't make as much sense as a name." As a group of jackdaws is called a 'Clattering'. "And I'm never a human. I just look like one." She can't argue with the bird part, though. "But, I guess I know what you mean. I've met lots of bird-people in Inside, but none quite like me. Sirens and Aven and Harpies and such."

Then there's the explanation on sleeping. "How do you know you aren't awake right now, and you're just remembering being the dreamer?" She has no idea if that would work. It's all a little outside her experience, and she's guessing.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Cassandra gives a commiserating nod to Fayyaad, though raises her eyebrow at the newcomer. She doesn't yet offer a greeting or an answer to the second reploid, choosing for the moment to observe silently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    Electra keeps things going with a song with a bit of driving melody, before slowing things down once more. While she's playing the slower song, another woman moves up to Fayyaad and Cassandra, glancing between the two of them and Electra, who has her back to the group and is playing with her eyes closed. The woman has long hair, which appears at first glance to be black, but actually has a deep blue sheen to it, the color of storm clouds, or perhaps deep, dark water. Her eyes are a muted red, though they seem to almost smolder if one looks into them too long. She's dressed in a tight, black leather sleeveless top that exposes just a bit of her mid-riff, a pair of knee-length gi shorts tied just above each of her knees, with a long sort of leather-ish looking loincloth type piece over the top, which is longer and wider in back than in front, and black boots and gloves. The dead give away that she's something similar to Electra are the rounded domes where her ears should be, though the lenses in the centers are red instead of blue. She seems to have overheard Fayyaad and chuckles.

"You just need the right wind to push them into whatever place you need, that's all." She smiles at both of them in a friendly manner, and glances towards the stage for a moment, not watching Electra, but the robots playing the other instruments behind her for a moment, before looking back to both of them. "Do either of you know how long she's slated to play for?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    Cassandra gives a commiserating nod to Fayyaad, though raises her eyebrow at the newcomer. She doesn't yet offer a greeting or an answer to the second reploid, choosing for the moment to observe silently.
    "Wind is not something I have control over, I'm afraid," Fayyaad says. "And I'm afraid I don't. I'm not sure if other musicians signed up for this. But she'll have to take a break eventually, I expect. And it seems you know her already."

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Oh yeah, Tuskfang, right?

He's adorable.

I see him every year at Thanksmas.

Are they coming to this party?
    "I think so. They rarely miss a Halloween party." Iknika looks around. "I think... I see him over there."

If Felandria looks, she'll see Reelshka and Tuskfang, accompanied by a gaggle of little goblins. The little wolf-goblin is dressed up as a hunter, it seems. He's got a green outfit, jolly hat with a feather in it and a toy bow. His mother opted for a simple sorceress' outfit, with a star-dotted dress and hat. She only ever dresses up to accompany her son, nieces and nephews, since she's not a fan of it herself.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-10-24 at 06:11 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #136

Khannie nods enthusiastically at that plan.

"Oh yeah, I can do that! Daddy never said I can't hit walls and stuff," she says, turning toward the nearby tunnel wall and angling herself juuuuust right to send rock-chips spraying everywhere. "Just tell me when!"

Hoo boy.

This is going to be trouble.

Lots of trouble.

Meanwhile!

"So... more like how a kelpie can look like a horse, but they absolutely are not a horse?"
    that guy offers. He isn't sure if Jack is familiar with kelpies. Or horses. But it seems like a pretty reasonable analogy. "Kelpies are pretty weird, all things considered. There aren't that many elfs that get all monster-y, but kelpies are totally one of them. Typically it's the goblins that get all monstery. Or the pooks that are just monstery all the time. Though, to be fair, I would probably fall into that category, too. The first one. Monstery elfs. Not to be confused with elves. Elves and elfs are pretty different in spite of phonetic similarity."

This is a very important distinction!

"Oh, hah, that's easy. Awake-me can't be this," the guy replies, unfurling one wing briefly (and again being careful not to hit anyone). "And when I... er, he's awake it feels different. That part is... really hard to put into words. The Dreamlands don't feel like the Waking World. Though..." he glances around. "To be frank, this place feels more like the Waking World than the Dreamlands. But there's still something... off? I must have passed through a threshold without realizing it to get here. That can happen. It's where all the 'monster' sightings back home come from. I'm pretty sure most people aren't aware that the Dreamlands are really a place?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2017-10-24 at 11:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

"Yes, exactly. Or... Sort of. I'm better at hiding my nature than a kelpie pretending to be a horse." Since a kelpie has waterweed in its mane, and usually smells of fish. "Nor do I eat flesh, and if you tried fitting me with a bridle, I'd just get annoyed, not bound to your will." So Jack is pretty familiar with kelpies. If only because they're one of my favourite faerie critters. "I thought kelpies were a type of troll, not an elf. Not much difference between the two, in some of the Old Legends."

"I wasn't, before I met you. This is a place called Nexus, where all kinds of holes to many different realities and dimensions open up. I'm a native, but not everyone is." Nobody knows when the first shifter of the Clattering entered the Nexus, nor where from, so they consider themselves indigenous.

18. - Top - End - #138

NinjaGuy

The woman's smile widens, as she nods. Now that Fayyaad has had a chance to look at her, he might recognize her, though he met her only briefly during the ruins excursion where he met Zenon, and she was mostly there to act as transportation to the old man who had hired MERC. She seems a lot friendlier now, though.

"Oh, yes. Electra's an old friend of mine." She glances at Cassandra for a brief instant, then looks back to Fayyaad, and rubs her chin for a moment. "Have we met before? I'm sure I've seen you somewhere, but I apologize, I'm having a hard time placing it. My name is Kendra, by the way."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Yes, exactly. Or... Sort of. I'm better at hiding my nature than a kelpie pretending to be a horse." Since a kelpie has waterweed in its mane, and usually smells of fish. "Nor do I eat flesh, and if you tried fitting me with a bridle, I'd just get annoyed, not bound to your will." So Jack is pretty familiar with kelpies. If only because they're one of my favourite faerie critters. "I thought kelpies were a type of troll, not an elf. Not much difference between the two, in some of the Old Legends."

"I wasn't, before I met you. This is a place called Nexus, where all kinds of holes to many different realities and dimensions open up. I'm a native, but not everyone is." Nobody knows when the first shifter of the Clattering entered the Nexus, nor where from, so they consider themselves indigenous.
    "Hah, well, I would hope not. Taking control of a not-jackdaw with a bridal wouldn't be very thematic, would it?" that guy laughs. "And honestly it's all arbitrary. If a fae can look human they get called an elf. If a fae can look sort of human, but deformed and ugly, they're a goblin. If they can't look human at all then you're dealing with a monster. Heh, or a 'cryptid' if we're talking a bit more modern. I guess a troll or ogre or whatever would just be a really big goblin?" He gives a shrug. "These are all names humans came up with to categorize things. The Dreamlands are full of all sorts of weird stuff that defies classification, but that won't stop humans from trying to fit everything into nice neat little boxes."

Humans really DO like classifying things.

Because humans are odd like that.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    The woman's smile widens, as she nods. Now that Fayyaad has had a chance to look at her, he might recognize her, though he met her only briefly during the ruins excursion where he met Zenon, and she was mostly there to act as transportation to the old man who had hired MERC. She seems a lot friendlier now, though.

"Oh, yes. Electra's an old friend of mine." She glances at Cassandra for a brief instant, then looks back to Fayyaad, and rubs her chin for a moment. "Have we met before? I'm sure I've seen you somewhere, but I apologize, I'm having a hard time placing it. My name is Kendra, by the way."
    "I'm Fayyaad ibn Haashid al-Zafar," the tiefling introduces himself, with a little bow. "And we have met. You were accompanying a gentleman who had hired MERC for a job. I should have noticed the similarity when I first met Electra, perhaps."
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-10-25 at 11:56 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, right. You're cosmology is, or nearly, the Old Legends. The Old Legends feature a place called Faerie, or the Queen's Fields, where such things are from. There's a link to dreams, I think. Not a concrete one, though. I think it's easier to get there through dreams, but that's not necessarily required. I'm not sure. The Old Legends are, well, Old. And most were passed on to us from others, meaning there's a high potential for drift from what we were originally told." First because of the age, and secondly because of cultural differences leading to misunderstandings.

Meanwhile, some of the Crowd may run into Natalie, who is also plundering the sweeties table, though she's being sensible and not taking so much that she'd be sick. Natalie's a fourteen-year-old human girl with short black hair and bright green eyes, and she's wearing a pair of fake fairy wings and a green dress. Hovering around her are a pair of real faeries, of the flittering insect-winged young girl type.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Legend of Cookies]

Chailyn leads Khannie down the tunnels until she spots Sam and Sherrel. She pulls back around the corner and considers her next move. She looks Khannie up and down. "So what can you do? Any special powers or stuff? She asks curiously, suspecting her new friend has to have some cool talents. She has hears stories about the Nexus even if this is her first time visiting. She knows most people are more than what they appear, a lesson she learned in her homeland as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post

Really it's Sherrel's own fault when one of the kids breaks off from the pack and confronts them. "Rawr! I'm the bultungin!" The beast shouts! Although her bared teeth are invisible, the visage of her mask probably does a much better job of selling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Legend of Cookies]

Sam jumps about eight inches into the air, straightening up with his plastic pitchfork.
    "Foolish! uh...bultungnsin. None can defeat Ganon and claim Princess Zelda's triforce of cookies!" he proclaims, waving his pitchfork at her and the bag of butter cookies.
    [Legend of Cookies]

((Apologies for the delayed response))

Sherrel really wants to respond to the young girl in the beast mask. She really does. But she's trying her damndest not to giggle over the little girl being utterly adorable, and if she tries to say anything, her self control will waver and she'll let loose a high pitched giggle brought on by the cute. Children are such fun!
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chailyn and Khannie Legends of Cookies

The beast may be here at the time Chailyn is planning her mischief. She tells Khannie to give her a three count and then hit it.

Then if the beast is here she will see along with Sam and Sherrel will see Chailyn skipping oddly towards them. The little girl looks like she is dressed I her Sunday best, a white dress and little bow in her hair. She moves her feet like she is playing hopscotch, or avoiding leaves on the ground. She hums a little melody a fey tune that should make it hard for people to pay attention to her. So once Khannie hits the wall, assuming I am right in how distracting that will be Chailyn should become practically invisible.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #144

NinjaGuy

Kendra smiles and offers a hand to shake when Fayyaad introduces himself.

"That's right, now I remember. You were the one who took the job Toji posted." She chuckles at the mention of her being similar to Electra. "I don't blame you for not noticing; our encounter was brief and I've been trying to keep a relatively low profile."

Electra seems to be finishing up her first set, as she pulls her last song into a soft, fading finish, and bows, before removing her guitar and placing it on its stand.

"We'll be taking a short break before the next set. In the meantime, please enjoy the party!" She announces to those in the vicinity of the stage. The robots continue to play, but they're playing a simple, loping tune that fades very quietly into the background, a simple drum, bass and keyboard routine that loops after about 10 bars. Electra herself starts making her way over towards Fayyaad, Kendra and Cassandra, her expression somewhere between surprise and worry.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Legend of Cookies]

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Legend of Cookies]

((Apologies for the delayed response))

Sherrel really wants to respond to the young girl in the beast mask. She really does. But she's trying her damndest not to giggle over the little girl being utterly adorable, and if she tries to say anything, her self control will waver and she'll let loose a high pitched giggle brought on by the cute. Children are such fun!
    [Legend of Cookies]

The beast looks between the two adults. "Normally I eat people." She counters. "So you better let me eat cookies instead!" Oh my, a threat most dire. She holds out her hands expectantly. She's quite unaware that she's wandered into the middle of some kinda situation! She's sure to be caught up in it now.

The tieflings are approached! "Puppies!" The superhero goes to pet the wolves immediately, but her hand is caught! "Orlane." Oh no, adult supervision. "What did mommy say about new animals?"

Meanwhile, the scientist is putting that more to practice. She watches the wolves to see what they do. She holds out her hand to see if maybe they want to sniff.

The alien, finally, doesn't seem all that interested. In fact, she's wandering a bit away...

[COLOR="#800080"]Meanwhile, some of the Crowd may run into Natalie, who is also plundering the sweeties table, though she's being sensible and not taking so much that she'd be sick. Natalie's a fourteen-year-old human girl with short black hair and bright green eyes, and she's wearing a pair of fake fairy wings and a green dress. Hovering around her are a pair of real faeries, of the flittering insect-winged young girl type.
    ...and walks up to Natalie. "What are supposed to be?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Legend of Cookies]

Sam shakes his head. MENACINGLY.
    "None may claim the spoils of dungeons while I, Ganon, doth stand upon my throne!" he declares, waving his pitchfork around.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm a fairy princess. And these are my Maids of Honour, Vineweft and Beetlechaser." Natalie grins at the little alien girl, and drops into an elegant curtsy. The two fairies accompanying her drop into similar poses, slightly clumsily, and don't land to do it. Vineweft is carrying a block of chocolate and Beetlechaser carries an orange-and-black candy cane that is taller than she is. "And what are you dressed as, Miss?"

28. - Top - End - #148

[Legend of Cookies]

Oh!

Oh, Khannie knows just the move she'll use, too! The last time she snuck out she found that fighting-type dojo and had challenge them to a battle! Oh, they sure thought they would be able to beat up a normal-type really really easy but she sure showed them! No one ever expects mega evolutions! Especially not one like hers, since her daddy is so special. But she was able to beat them! And they were really impressed and gave her a TM for winning! And that's what she's going to use now.

On the count of three, Khannie hauls back and smashes her fist into the wall, using the special brick-breaking technique she learned from the TM!

One tremendous crash later, bits of stone are flung about (certainly not fast enough to cause harm, thankfully) as a chunk of the wall is pulverized.

It doesn't even occur to Khannie she might get in trouble for this.

After all, her new best friend in the WHOLE world told her to do it and she wouldn't tell her to do something bad, would she?

Jack and That Guy

"That sounds about right,"
    that guy replies with a nod. He stretches briefly and then he's back to the dovakin costume along with looking human. There's no transition to speak of, not is it really a transformation as such. More like one simply stops noticing all the wyvern traits altogether. "I think the Dreamlands might have been... I don't know... closer a long time ago? Closer to the Waking World back home, I mean. Stories of elfs and goblins and stuff used to be much more common. Now you get the occasional lake monster or bigfoot sighting or alien encounter or whatever, but they're increasingly uncommon. Actually physically moving back and forth is pretty tough. I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've wandered out of the Dreamlands and it was totally on accident."

He gives a bit of a laugh.

"Heheh, though I'm pretty sure if I had wandered out back home and someone saw me, there would would be a real hubbub over it. We don't have all sorts of different sapient races back home, just humans. So anything that looks really weird would be picked up on in a hurry."

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

[Legend of Cookies]

The wolves keep their distance when the little tieflings stop approaching, but one of the pups does pad over and sniff at the scientist's hand. He then sits down and peers at her with big eyes. They're certainly well-behaved.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm a fairy princess. And these are my Maids of Honour, Vineweft and Beetlechaser." Natalie grins at the little alien girl, and drops into an elegant curtsy. The two fairies accompanying her drop into similar poses, slightly clumsily, and don't land to do it. Vineweft is carrying a block of chocolate and Beetlechaser carries an orange-and-black candy cane that is taller than she is. "And what are you dressed as, Miss?"
    "I'm an alien. For outer space." The alien, Rosabel, thinks about that answer for a moment. "What kind of fairy are you?" She's pretty sure that's not enough info.