New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tunnel Spooktober 2017

Isaac, for his part, remains as it was, and not a whiter shade of pale.
    "Hi Iknika! I thought I might find you here. Thanks. Of course, I'm not quite bulky as I should be, and if I bulked up I don't know what would happen to my hair." he says, giving her a meager flex and then fussing with his bangs.
    He hopes she recognizes the costume but she might not have actually started those comics he recommended for her.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Iknika tilts her head.

"I think I remember seeing it somewhere, but I don't think I've got to that comic just yet."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac isn't the kind of person to be stuck-up about differentiating comics from manga and thus will not even think about correcting her.
    "Oh, that's ok. How've you been doing? Still want to see that movie?" he asks with a smile.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Orc in the Playground

Meanwhile, Wonder Woman Fel will wander around the party, admiring the costumes and absentmindedly eating candy.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Fayyaad waves to Electra as she departs, then looks between Kendra and Cassandra. He'd like to know more about Electra and Kendra's past, but this isn't the time and place for that. Instead, he turns to Cassandra, bows and reaches out with his hand.

"May I have this dance, lady Cassandra?"
    "I'm no lady," says Cassandra, taking Fayyaad's hand with a smirk on her face. "But I suppose I'll accept a dance."

She steps up to him, and as she does so, her attire shifts slightly, the menacing lich robes altering themselves into something more appropriate for dancing - the top part tightens, voluminous robes and ragged sleeves wrapping tight around her so that they're not flapping around in the way (the fact that it's also more flattering to her figure could probably be considered a happy side effect) and the skirt splitting to reveal trousers and becoming like a big swooshy train or a coattail.

Whatever dance Fayyaad chooses, Cassandra will take to it with confidence, though a problem will quickly become apparent - one that's probably obvious to Fayyaad, even if Cassandra wouldn't have noticed it by herself - they can't both lead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Isaac isn't the kind of person to be stuck-up about differentiating comics from manga and thus will not even think about correcting her.
    "Oh, that's ok. How've you been doing? Still want to see that movie?" he asks with a smile.
    "I just spoke to a half-goddess who offered to help me train, so that's a week's worth of weird and cool stuff," Iknika says. "A movie sounds great. And can you guess what I'm going as?" she asks, raising her "armour"-clad arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    "I'm no lady," says Cassandra, taking Fayyaad's hand with a smirk on her face. "But I suppose I'll accept a dance."

She steps up to him, and as she does so, her attire shifts slightly, the menacing lich robes altering themselves into something more appropriate for dancing - the top part tightens, voluminous robes and ragged sleeves wrapping tight around her so that they're not flapping around in the way (the fact that it's also more flattering to her figure could probably be considered a happy side effect) and the skirt splitting to reveal trousers and becoming like a big swooshy train or a coattail.

Whatever dance Fayyaad chooses, Cassandra will take to it with confidence, though a problem will quickly become apparent - one that's probably obvious to Fayyaad, even if Cassandra wouldn't have noticed it by herself - they can't both lead.
    Fayyaad is perplexed. He assumed Cassandra wouldn't know how to dance at all. She really doesn't seem the type. Maybe she's learned for whatever mission she's going on that also requires her hair to be white? He decides that the least awkward way out for now is to let her lead.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac smiles, but he’s never been a video game person. Can’t afford to have to have so many hobbies.
    ”I mean, you’re a knight. Or do you mean like, the specific order?” he asks her, brow furrowed.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

"They're called Templars. Their job is to protect mages and keep them out of trouble," Iknika says. "And they get really stylish armour. But I've also heard they drink some stuff to help them resist magic, and it messes with their heads. That part is less cool."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kendra smiles as Fayyaad and Cassandra take to the floor, but stays off to the side. Although she herself doesn't dance anymore, that doesn't mean she can't help provide the amusement for others. Instead, she seems content to watch quietly with a nostalgic smile on her face.

Once Electra finishes the long, slow song with a flourish, she'll step up to the microphone, as the robots playing the bass and drums launch into a faster, swinging rhythm that's more suitable for a more energetic style of dancing. The keyboard player adds a bit of organ, and she'll strum at the outset, adding more and more guitar as the song calls for it, playing as she starts to sing softly, building as the song does.

o/~"Tonight the streets are red, the lights are blue and blindin'. No sign of the 'Good Doctor', but the siren's wail and whinin', tell us he'll be found!"o/~ Synthesized brass plays a crescendo accent, and while it doesn't sound quite as good as live players would, it's still more than adequate. Her mezzo-soprano lowers in intensity for the next line as she gives an impish grin and looks out amongst those close enough to be dancing or listening. o/~"I can almost hear the hounds."o/~

She strums with a flourish, before going on. o/~What kind of man builds a machine to kill a girl? No, he did not use his hands, like a smart man, he used a tool. But just the same!"o/~ The brass plays again, but Electra's intensity doesn't ebb this time. o/~Can you question who's to blame?!"o/~ And from seemingly nowhere, numerous voices seem to rise up from everywhere in front of the stage, all shouting in unison, "WHAT WAS HER NAME?!" Those looking in Kendra's direction might note her mouthing those words as well, though her voice seems conspicuously absent. Electra carries on with the song, though a brief flash of puzzlement is evident on her face, though not in her voice. o/~"It doesn't matter, now listen! The 'Good Doctor' has to pay!"o/~

The confusion passes quickly enough, and her singing lowers in intensity before ramping up once more. o/~"When I say he was a monster, when I set fire to his name, it doesn't matter where you hear it from, whether truth or lies, it gets said all the same."o/~ Another flourish of horns, and then, o/~"Whatever's on the table plays!"o/~

She launches into a raucous solo, accentuated by the horns until its crescendo, which quiets the entire band for a brief instant, before the bass picks up the beat once more and she strums along to it, her singing quiet and low and seductive. o/~"There is a flame that I've been fanning, there is a fire waiting to catch, there is a hell that has been building from the moment we first met. If there ever was a time, if there ever was a chance, to undo the things I've done and wash these bloodstains from my hands,"o/~ She begins building in intensity, along with the music. o/~"It has passed and been forgotten, these are the paths that we must take, 'cause you and I, Tom, we are men, and we can break."o/~ The music, and her singing, grow in intensity, building quickly. o/~"If you think that you can run, if you think that you can stand, well you forget who turned this city on, you forget who plugged this city in!"o/~ Yet another flourish of horns. o/~"They'll not switch it off again!"o/~ More horns. o/~"One by one, they're tuning in!"o/~ The horns now stay in the music, until the end of the song, which Electra finishes with a massive energetic solo that captures perfectly the mental image of a villain gloating in victory over an adversary.

When the last note rings out, she grins, before launching right into a spritely instrumental jazz/rock fusion song that invites yet another form of dancing. Perhaps she'll sing a bit more later, though her selection for this particular venue might be a bit limited by the children present.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #190

Fade moves over to Kendra. He still got the packed candy in his hand trying his best to open it without using to much force.

"Are you enyoing the event?" he asks. His voice is normaly soundless, but that sounded a bit forced. He still got an issue starting a conversation.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac leans forward with a knowing smile.
    "So is that's what's going on here? You're here to protect me? I should warn you, keeping me out of trouble is going to be quite a task." he tells her.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

"I figured as much, yes," Iknika says, leaning in a little. "But I'm sure an accident-prone mage could use the protection of a brave knight."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maaaaybe. We could hang out here for a bit, and then you could protect me all the way to the theater." proposes Isaac, snaking an arm around her shoulder. At the perfect height in fact, if Iknika wanted to make the first move for a kiss or something of similar forthright nature.

14. - Top - End - #194

NinjaGuy

Kendra looks over at Fade and nods, smiling gently.

"Yes, it's very nice," she says, glancing at the candy in his hand. "I haven't heard Electra play in a long time, so it's nice to be able to hear it again. How about you?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #195

Fade is still busy trying to find a way to open it. It's a typical plastik package, One of those you need to grab at the right point to open it.

"I'm not really into this ... play.... . I'm also confused why this should scare away spirits and not attract them."

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

"Maaaaybe. We could hang out here for a bit, and then you could protect me all the way to the theater." proposes Isaac, snaking an arm around her shoulder. At the perfect height in fact, if Iknika wanted to make the first move for a kiss or something of similar forthright nature.
    Iknika leans in slightly, opening her mouth... then she blushes a deep shade of grey and pulls away.

"So, um. There's candy, and wolves and some riddles in the tunnels. But I think those are for kids."

As if on cue, a young wolf wanders by.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Alien Fairy

"Sure you can. Here." Natalie will go to drop the bead into Rosabel's hand, only it seems the bead has disappeared... Much to Natalie's hand-maids' befuddlement. "Oh, um. Where'd it go? Oh, here it is!" Natalie then opens her mouth and seems to pull it free, though the bead is dry if Rosabel still wants to handle it.
    [Alien Fairy]

"What?" Rosabel reaches for the bead and snatches it. She inspects it closely and then peers up at Natalie. "Did a spirit do it?" She asks.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I've been enjoying the candy. You said your people raise wolves, right?" Isaac says, whistling to the lupine pup. Surely Iknika knows how to handle her.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, but they're not as, uh... friendly," she says. When she was there with Claire, the wolves were in a pen. Those wander around like puppy-dogs. The wolf trots up to the two teens, sniffing eagerly. Iknika smells like his great-grandpa, but Isaac is weird. So he walks up to him and examines his knees closely. Iknika grins toothily. "Awww, he likes you."

20. - Top - End - #200

NinjaGuy

"I don't think the point was to scare spirits away, at least, I'm pretty sure it isn't anymore," Kendra comments thoughtfully, though she leaves the comment about him not enjoying the music alone. Can't please everyone, after all. Instead she offers a gentle smile and nods at the treat he's struggling to open, then asks, "Would you like some help with that?"

21. - Top - End - #201

Fade thinks for a moment and then holds the candy to her.
    "Sure. I don't think I can open it without breaking the thing inside."
    He will then go on.
    "In some cultures I have been over my life most did, but you are right the nexus doesn't seem to need that. Not only can anything end up here, there are also people fighting against it."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Legend of Cookies]

Chailyn stops her dance in surprise. That was way better then she thought it would be. She picked the best new friend. She gives a delighted squeal and clap before remembering her charm to hide isn't working. She starts to move her feet in the magical way that makes people ignore her. So she might be able to get to the cookies. It might be too late if they already noticed her after the distraction.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no, a big furry thing!
    Isaac smiles with a nervous chuckle, and bends down to pet the cub.
    ”Hey uh, buddy. What’s going on?” he asks it.

24. - Top - End - #204

NinjaGuy

Kendra takes the candy Fade offers, and in one quick motion, manages to pop it open without damaging the treat inside. She hands it back to him, still smiling that same gentle smile.

"Well, anything bad, anyways. I doubt there are a lot of folks fighting good spirits, or wanting to keep them away."

25. - Top - End - #205

Fade takes the Candy with a nod. He takes the sweet between his scarf and takes a bit from it. His expression shows that this thing is much to sweet for him.

"Maybe." Fade comments. "This food is to sweet. How can small ones eat this like drinking water."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Oh no, a big furry thing!
    Isaac smiles with a nervous chuckle, and bends down to pet the cub.
    ”Hey uh, buddy. What’s going on?” he asks it.
    The pup prances in place and grins up at Isaac.

"They're really tame here. Back home they don't let anyone near the wolves, except their riders and handlers."

27. - Top - End - #207

NinjaGuy

Kendra chuckles, a motherly smile on her face.

"They're children, they run on sugar. Any excuse to inhale sweets is a rare opportunity, so they take fullest advantage of it."

Meanwhile, Electra ends her previous song, and begins another, this one sounding more like a pop/disco/rock fusion with a driving bass line, which might lend itself to yet a different sort of dancing.

28. - Top - End - #208

Fad stares at Kendra.

"They run on that stuff?" he asks his voice still missing any speacial spelling. "Then I guess those guys in trucks are just some kind of mobile supply , since they give them candy for free."

29. - Top - End - #209

NinjaGuy

Kendra raises an eyebrow for a moment, then shakes her head sadly.

"Those guys are generally bad guys. There's a reason we tend to teach kids to stay away from them, and it isn't the resulting sugar high for the kids, you know." Either Fade's trying to make a joke and she somehow missed it, or they really don't have that problem (or apparently, any sort of childhood) wherever Fade's from. She's not sure which thought bothers her more.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2017-11-10 at 09:59 PM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Isaac tries to gently stroke the pup's head, though really Isaac's healing factor really should keep him from being so nervous.
    "I wonder what they do to keep them like this. Maybe it's just the young ones that are personable?" Isaac suggests.