New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Crucible

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

Despite this being her plan, Issy was suddenly having quite a bit of doubt about this being a great course of action. She musters up her best relaxed pose and nods at Arund as she follows the men up the stairs. She looks around, taking in as much as possible. Were there any other exits? Was everyone armed or just the guards? Were there families here, or was this some sort of temporary space?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception: (d20)[3]
    If that's more of an investigation, then add one to that result.

EDIT: Either way...it looks like a place or something.

Last edited by Fishybugs; 2017-11-27 at 12:01 PM.
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show

Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Following Watt up the winding stone stairs, you can see now that a frontal assault on this place could have been a deadly mistake. The two caves flanking the doors provide an ideal overwatch of the stairs for any archer. The door itself is of thick, stout oak, banded in iron. Watt produces a heavy iron key and places it into a keyhole as big as your thumb.

As soon as the heavy door swings open, you are struck by the noise of a waterfall from somewhere further back. A relatively straight stone passage burrows into the hill, with a few lit side passages branching off the main tunnel. Inside, Watt sets his longbow near the door and gestures you further into the caves. You take a left at the second intersection, lit from ahead with a flickering flame.

The short passage leads you to a wide cave. A small fire blazes under the far wall, where a crack in the rock forms a natural chimney, keeping this room comfortably warm compared to the moist, dank caves through which you approached. A rich carpet covers the gritty floor, and a feather mattress lies on a mahogany frame to one side. Watt steps into the room and takes up a position flanking the room's only other occupant.

The human male sports a dark black, well-kept goatee, wears sumptuous burgundy robes, gems glittering on his fingers. An amulet formed of shining electrum, in the shape of a broken crown, dangles from his neck. He raises a deeply tanned hand in an elegant gesture, "Welcome to Haman's Court, rough as it may be at the moment. Please, make yourselves as comfortable as you can. Watt informs me the inclement weather has caught you by surprise, and that you seek a dry bed. As you can see, I don't have enough space in here to entertain you properly, but you are welcome to barrack with my men, and share their evening meal."

His smile turns slightly grim as he continues in his cultured voice, "Although I would prefer if one of you would dine with me, if only to explain what business brings you to our humble home."
    Last edited by Armored Walrus; 2017-11-28 at 11:29 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyra follows Watt with the party whispering to Atas "Be ready, this could as well be some sort of trap. I still don't trust those people."

Kyra start seizing up Haman for a second, does he looks like a warrior? or just a merchant of sorts? Is he carrying any weapon I can see? What kind? Thinking "I can't believe all those mans are following this fancy 'boy' here."

She then repply "Thank you for the dry bed. But our business are pretty simple, we are here to explore this region, kill some monsters and report back to our patrons. There is not much more to explain."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Insight specifically for sizing Haman. It is something Kyra is not used to see mans following someone that is not a strong warrior, and Haman don't look like one for Kyra at this moment. So she is trying to see if it only first impressions of him and perhaps he is indeed a warrior, but just likes to use fancy clothes. Also, to see if he is lying about the reason he wants one of us to join him on his dinner.

And Perception too see if he is carrying some sort of weapon or this room has anything that could be used as a trap/ambush.

Perception:(1d20+4)[24]
    Insight:(1d20+1)[21]
    Last edited by Azktor; 2017-11-29 at 09:13 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mohan

Mohander raises his eyebrows at the stark contrast of Haman's chamber to the other passages. There was a certain charm to the cave's overt elegance - it didn't quite cross the line to gaudy. At Haman's bidding to get comfortable, Mohander steps toward the fire and sits on the rug warming his hands. Seated so he can see their host but mostly keeping his eyes on the fire he replies, "Saw your men on the road as we came south and hoped there might be a dry room available until the rains pass. Nothing special about us, just exploring. Not much back home worth staying for and we found ourselves on the trail together through the pass. Figured we'd see what the land has to offer rather than stay in Hardholm, maybe carve out a piece for ourselves. Seems that's what you're doing, eh? Quite the cave system you got here - you dig it yourself?" he asks curiously.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Haman nods to Kyra at her response, then turns to Mohander, "While the place is certainly man-made, it was not made by myself or my compatriots. The construction seems ancient; some denizen of the region, as you say, 'dug it out' some time in the distant past. Finding it conducive to my interests in the area, we liberated it from its former occupants, most of whom were of the eight-legged variety."

Spoiler: Kyra
    Show
    Your insight tells you this man is not as welcoming as he appears. He doesn't seem to mean you immediate harm, but he is suspicious of your presence and really doesn't want you around. He is doing an excellent job of hiding it, though. He carries no weapons that you can recognize, but something about how he moves leads you to look more closely at his waist, and you see the tip of a wand peeking from a sheath at his side.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

Issy perks up immediately at the mention of 'ancient denizens'. "Ancient? Truly? Have you found anything interesting? Bits of their language? Utensils? Tools? Anything that could tell us anything about them? I've always fancied myself a bit of a historian. That's actually why I'm along with the group. All this...." she pauses a moment as she searches for the right word, but gets caught up in her excitement. "Stuff...the things we can learn about those who came before us! Surely you've found something interesting?"

After a few moments, she realizes she's been going on and falls silent.

Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Haman briefly gives Iselshira a flat look at her gushing, but quickly recovers his affable air, "Your enthusiasm is fetching, Miss, but I've always been one that looks forward more than behind. But the Crucible has been closed off from the rest of the world for, what? A thousand years? Maybe more? The stairs leading up here are obviously old, and the task doesn't strike me as a project that our native halfling friends would have undertaken. Therefore I deduce someone lived here back when this was still part of the world." He gestures widely, taking in the whole complex, "Whether they left any sign of who they were, I've not been curious enough to search."

Watt makes a slight move as if to usher you all out of his master's chamber.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

Completely oblivious to the physical prompt to leave, Issy frowns at Haman for a few moments. She finally blurts out, "Then what are you even doing here? Don't you realize what you're probably sitting on?"

Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Atas

In a moment where Haman and his guards are not looking, Atas will whisper back to Kyra "Me neither. This lordling's cloth seems ill-fitting. But he's not threatened us yet."

When Haman and Issy talk about the age of the ruins, he keeps mostly quiet, but the thought of these ruins being mostly unexplored makes him perk up.

"If you're not curious, will you allow us to investigate? We know people who would be very thankful for any lore we may find." As usual, his point is bluntly made at best.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Haman is unable to conceal a slightly perturbed look at the questions of exploration. "The complex is far from extensive, let me assure you. Only a few rooms other than the ones you've passed. In fact, if you'll move along to the barracks, you'll have seen the bulk of our home. I certainly can't object to you inspecting the stonework on your way, but any contents were either gone before the spiders took occupation, digested by them, or cleaned out when we took residence."

At this he makes a somewhat urgent gesture to Watt, who takes a step forward. "Right, the lads will be eating soon. You all can come this way..."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

Issy pushes toward Haman as Watt starts to round up the group. "Already gone? What do you......" She suddenly cuts off and starts following Watt out of the room, looking all around. "What spiders? You said spiders live here?" She looks around at the others. "Maybe sleeping in the rain isn't so bad...."

Show

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Watt makes a motion as though tipping his hat to Issy, although being hatless, and bald to boot, the gesture loses some impact. "There were spiders living here, Miss, but that was before we come in. Haman and the lads cleared them out last year."

He gets a slightly eager look, "You were askin' about lore. Dunno if this qualifies but, look at this." As you move into the central hallway, Watt points out a carving in one wall depicting a many-branched tree. "Dunno what it means, but it was here before we were."

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Atas

Though he is clearly some kind of thug with delusions of grandeur, Atas still gives a polite bow to Haman. "Thank you for your hospitality, sir Haman." Clasping his hands in an old elven gesture of respect, deep down he wonders however whether the wannabe nobleman is telling the whole truth about what he found here.

Spoiler: Insight, maybe?
    Show
    [roll0]

Afterwards, he follows Watt out of the room, cracking a hint of a smile as Issy becomes suddenly nervous. "Nervous they might have missed some?" he asks, slightly teasing her.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2017-11-29 at 04:32 PM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

"Ooohhhh...." Issy begins as she stops to look at the wall, running her hand over the carving, feeling to see the smoothness of the edges. Did it seemed carved? If so, was it crudely carved? Did it look like it was magically created? Was there anything in the branches of the tree, or anything in the carving besides the tree?

Show
    Investigation?: (d20+1)[17]

Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Armored Walrus View Post
    Watt makes a motion as though tipping his hat to Issy, although being hatless, and bald to boot, the gesture loses some impact. "There were spiders living here, Miss, but that was before we come in. Haman and the lads cleared them out last year."

He gets a slightly eager look, "You were askin' about lore. Dunno if this qualifies but, look at this." As you move into the central hallway, Watt points out a carving in one wall depicting a many-branched tree. "Dunno what it means, but it was here before we were."
    Upon hearing lore, Shaena stepped out, unsure if her small stature had made her go mostly unnoticed. What is it you have here? she asked as she began trying to study what Watt was showing. She looked at it intently trying to find any clue that might help determine its meaning.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[13]
    Last edited by kladams707; 2017-11-29 at 04:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mohan

Captivated by the shifting tongues of flame, Mohan listened casually to the rest of the conversation, rubbing his hands together as the tingle of warmth after a long cold sets in. He eventually rises with no urgency of motion, planning to leave the room and let one of the more eager ones spend the evening with Haman. Issy sure seemed to have a lot of questions. With a stretch he turned to see Watt's squat frame rounding the corner out of the room.

With a slow look to Haman, Mohander stands quietly near the fire. After a few moments of silence he declares, "A curious bunch to be sure. Anything you can point them at to keep their minds wondering is a blessing for all of us. I prefer the monk, myself. Straight to the point, no nonsense." Mohander walks casually around the edge of the room, inspecting the trinkets and decorations adorning the mantle and tables, picking up and taking a closer look at any that strike his fancy, running a finger along the carved bedframe... "Your cave isn't the only ancient structure in these parts. Have you or your men ventured near the black tower to the south? A few terrifying scarecrows beset us last night. Seemed like the sort of horrors that would come from such a tower."
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2017-11-30 at 09:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Atas
    Show
    Whatever it was about Haman's behavior that made you take a harder look at him seems to have been your imagination. The man seems genuinely disinterested in the history of the complex. It seems he's here solely to pursue whatever his business here may be.

While Mohander chats idly with Haman, the women check out the carving in the hall. Closer inspection shows it to be of quite fine workmanship, although very aged. The carving is utterly smooth where not cracked or chipped by the passage of time, the individual limbs and roots of the tree picked out in fine detail. This isn't some rune idly chiseled into the rock by a bored stoneworker, it's a piece of art left from a bygone era. Ponder as you will, though, you can't attach any significance to the symbol.

Watt looks at Issy, pleased with her reaction, and smiles, "Might be after dinner I can show you the other carving down in the cave." He leads you all into a wide, open section at the end of the hall. The waterfall pours out from the far wall of this space, filling the area with noise and mist. In one section of the stalactite-filled room, a pair of splintery benches are pulled up to a worn, lichen-covered table. The men you followed on the road each hold a horn of ale, tending a cookfire in an alcove to your right.

Mohander, meanwhile, continues to converse with Haman, "Scarecrows you say? Now that is something unique. We've not had that problem here, however there have been a few of the walking dead who have wandered into our territory. Regarding the tower, I'dd advise you to stay away. The halflings of this region may be a superstitious and savage lot, but their tales about that tower hold at least a kernel of truth. Something large and terrifying lives there. Thankfully, we seem to be outside of its notice here."

Spoiler: Mohander
    Show
    Haman's grace and casual elegance seem to you to be at least partially feigned. He's on edge, and suspicious of your group, though he doesn't want it to show. You sense how his hand wants to wander to the amulet at his neck, or to the hilt of the wand peeking from behind his back at his belt. You sense he is trying to take your measure, and his decision about what to do with you has not been made.

With that, Haman stands, "Perhaps you should join your friends at dinner. If you would, please send the lovely young lady in to join me; the golden haired one."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mohan

Mohander nods gravely as he moves toward the door. "Appreciate the warning. One more question - you're a man of arcane talent. I've heard rumor there are some strange places in the Crucible - places where the magic in the air makes the elements run wild. You wouldn't know where we might find something like that, would you?"

Regardless of his answer, Mo closes with, "Her name is Iselshira. Don't let the curiosity fool you - she's a a fiery one, I'd caution against any advances." With that he turns and heads further into the caves. Though instead of going directly to the barracks, Mohander moves deeper through the twisting passages, exploring a bit to see just how extensive they are under the guise of getting lost should anyone discover him. If he satisfactorily explores the whole area or gets caught he'll head to the barracks. "Issy, our host wants a word with the 'lovely young golden-haired lady,' " he comments with a raised eyebrow.

Show
    Figure this is going to require a stealth check: (1d20+8)[14]
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2017-12-03 at 12:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyra grabs Atas and Issy aside - so none of the Haman's man can listen - and start talking to them "Haman is some sort of spellcaster - I saw a wand on his waist -, and my father always said to fight carefully against them, besides he don't want us here. So we should either let him keep doing whatever he is doing or if you guys want to do something about this cave" He looks at Issy while saying that "we should do something about Haman first. I'm in either way." Kyra says that, you can tell she don't care about the cave, but she would not refuse a fight.
    Last edited by Azktor; 2017-12-03 at 07:22 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

Iselshera is lost in the carvings when Kyra comes up to speak to her. She nods her head a few times as the barbarian speaks, only half-listening. "Haman first," she finally says as she turns toward Kyra. "Well, we'll need a way back into his...lair, then. That may be tricky."

Mohander then entered the room.

"Issy, our host wants a word with the 'lovely young golden-haired lady,'"
    Issy's face breaks out in a smile. "Or maybe not," she addends her previous statement. Her face turns serious then, and she gathers the others around. "Okay. Give me 30 minutes. If I'm not out by then...come get me."

As she moves toward Haman's room, her hand rests on her flail, reassuring the young paladin of its presence. You can do this, she tells herself. How hard can it be to make sure they don't slaughter everyone in our sleep?

Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Atas

"Don't act too rashly." Atas cautions Issy quietly before she leaves. While this haman's spellcasting habits may leave him less defensively capable, the way he runs his little company has made it clear that he's dangerous.

"Your plan is bold, Kyra." he says quietly to the mercenary. "That part I like about it. When you strike, we will each take a seperate enemy. They shall not get a chance to regroup."

Then he grows silent again, as if that's all the strategy he needs to discuss. For now, he waits for Issy to finish talking with Haman, ready to spring into action at any time. His eyes as he does so lie rather oppressively on the guard named Watt, curious about the interest he seemed to express in Issy earlier. It might be something worth exploiting, if Atas was any good at that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2017-12-04 at 12:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mohan

With dinner apparently not ready yet, Mohander wanders over to the cooking fire and gazes into the flames behind the two cooks. After a few moments Lummie jumps at his presence as he turns around for some seasoning. "Sorry, friend. Didn't mean to give you a scare," Mohan apologizes. "What's for dinner? Smells great whatever it is, especially after jerky for several days straight. You boys do a lot of hunting and foraging around here or mostly rations brought in from town?"
    "What's cave living like? I've always been more of a 'woods' person."

He continues trying to engage them in small talk while staying out of their way and/or helping where he can. Once they relax a bit he tries to direct the conversation toward the caves and see what they're willing to share. "Were you part of the crew that cleared out all the spiders living here? That must have been exciting. Find anything interesting in all those webs or mostly just bones?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by miinstrel View Post
    "I've heard rumor there are some strange places in the Crucible - places where the magic in the air makes the elements run wild. You wouldn't know where we might find something like that, would you?"
    Haman, who was absently smoothing his mustache, pauses almost imperceptibly when Mohander asks his question, but quickly covers. "Ah, I fear you've mistaken me for one who must study in order to receive his arcane powers." He gestures slightly to the broken crown dangling from his neck. "I have made use of.... other means."

"Her name is Iselshira. Don't let the curiosity fool you - she's a a fiery one, I'd caution against any advances."
    The human merely smirks at the wood elf as he leaves the cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    "Your plan is bold, Kyra." Atas says quietly to the mercenary. "That part I like about it. When you strike, we will each take a seperate enemy. They shall not get a chance to regroup."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishybugs View Post
    "Okay. Give me 30 minutes. If I'm not out by then...come get me."

As she moves toward Haman's room, her hand rests on her flail, reassuring the young paladin of its presence. You can do this, she tells herself. How hard can it be to make sure they don't slaughter everyone in our sleep?
    By the time Issy reaches Haman's room, he has cleared off the well polished oaken table he was previously using as a desk. Rich, beeswax candles set into mirror-backed candle holders light the room like day. Haman, who really is rather charming, makes simple small talk with paladin while they await their dinner. Before long Watt arrives, bearing a tray with warm barley rolls, fresh, pan-fried fish served on a bed of watercress, and an uncorked bottle of wine. Haman waits for Issy to take her seat, and then sits across from her. "I must say it really is my pleasure to have such lovely company for dinner. While we dine, perhaps you'll tell me what you are really doing here. I've heard from both of your elven friends. They are good at obfuscation. Somehow, I believe you are a more, straightforward woman."

He looks at you expectantly.

Once they relax a bit he tries to direct the conversation toward the caves and see what they're willing to share. "Were you part of the crew that cleared out all the spiders living here? That must have been exciting. Find anything interesting in all those webs or mostly just bones?"
    Lummie eagerly replies to Mohander, "There were all sorts of things in here! Why, we found.." Jast jabs Lummie in the ribs with an elbow. "Corpses." Jast finishes for his large friend. "Victims of the spiders. If Haman weren't so skilled, or Lummie here strong as an aurochs (and about as smart) we mighta joined 'em."

About then, Watt stops by to pick up Haman's dinner. Jast serves it up, and then he and Lummie take a large pot of beans, some barley rolls, and a kettle of pottage over to the worn table by the waterfall. Smoky tallow candles light the area, and the men fall to, eating their plain fair with gusto.
    Last edited by Armored Walrus; 2017-12-06 at 10:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

Iselshera walks back into Haman's room and feigns being impressed at the setup of the room, and returns the small talk pleasantly. As the food arrives she comments, "How do you ever find fish out here? Surely something this tasty can't be a river fish?" She waits to see if Haman drinks from the wine before sipping on just a small amount.

At his questioning, she frowns. He face scrunches in thought for a moment, and she absently brushes a loose lock of hair out of her face, tucking it behind one ear. She answers hesitantly, unsure why he keeps asking the same question repeatedly when she feels it has been answered. "We're exploring the new land. There's a bounty of information and items to find." Her eyes begin to light up as she speaks of the possibility of ancient knowledge. "There must be texts from ancient civilizations. Ways of performing magic our greatest scholars have only dreamed of..."

She looks Haman directly in the eye. "Why do you find that so hard to believe?"

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Mohan

Grateful for a warm meal, Mohan joins Haman's men in savagely digging into the bland offering. The silence is comfortable as everyone chews, but eventually he breaks it after a swig from his water skin to clear the sticky mess from his mouth. "I asked Haman about the black tower to the south, but I get the feeling he runs the show from here mostly and you boys are the ones out in the field. He said there's something large and terrifying there according to Halfling legends. You all seen anything come and go from it? Or anything strange happen near the tower?" Mohander relays the tale of the scarecrow attack the night before to see if it rings true with any of the guards, playing especially to Lummie and trying to develop a rapport seeing as he was the most forthcoming of their new bunk mates.
    Last edited by miinstrel; 2017-12-07 at 09:29 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

She looks Haman directly in the eye. "Why do you find that so hard to believe?"
    Haman looks slightly abashed at the question, "Of course, it's rude of me to question your motives. You must understand, though, I didn't locate my crew here out of fondness for random company, as pleasantly distracting as your presence is. As for you and your party, I'll take you at your word. You all are welcome to bed down in the lift cave, if you so desire."

"I asked Haman about the black tower to the south, but I get the feeling he runs the show from here mostly and you boys are the ones out in the field. He said there's something large and terrifying there according to Halfling legends. You all seen anything come and go from it? Or anything strange happen near the tower?" Mohander relays the tale of the scarecrow attack the night before to see if it rings true with any of the guards, playing especially to Lummie and trying to develop a rapport seeing as he was the most forthcoming of their new bunk mates.
    "The halflings say there's a giant ghost made of black steel that haunts the tower," Lummie says, scrubbing his nose with the back of his hand before jamming another spoonful of beans into his mouth. "And they say it's guarded by a tribe of iron men."

Jast interjects, "We haven't seen anything like that, but there is some weird things walking around this area, like them scarecrows. We didn't fight any of them, but we've had shadows come ta life and attack, and seen some dead walking. There must be something to them tales the halflings tell, though, cuz Haman won't let us go near that tower."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Iselshera Elkian
    1st Level Paladin

Issy tilts her head to one side and considers Haman. Obviously she'd said something that caused him to close down a bit. "I..didn't mean to offend. I'm not great with people if I'm completely honest. It's part of the reason why I spend so much time with books, I guess." She considers Haman a moment before continuing. "What is it you guys are doing out here? Not that I'm complaining. It will be great to get out of the rain for a night."

Show
    Persuasion? (d20+3)[9]

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

"What is it you guys are doing out here? Not that I'm complaining. It will be great to get out of the rain for a night."
    Haman waves a hand dismissively, "Oh, just various commercial interests." With that, the conversation devolves into inconsequential small talk, and decidedly unsubtle suggestions that more comfortable bedding arrangements could be made for Issy.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Atas

Unlike some of the others, Atas is in no rush to eat his meal, used to surviving on little due to his ascetic lifestyle. Instead, he patiently watches and listens, ready for things to turn sour at any moment. Even so, however, he eventually allows himself to engage in the conversation a little as well.

"The scarecrows were hardy foes, but fell to enough force. With some luck, we may be able to face more of them. They would make good training for if we truly face beings made of stronger materials.

Have you been travelling with lord Haman for long? This is a dangerous place to follow him into."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    "Have you been travelling with lord Haman for long? This is a dangerous place to follow him into."
    Jast dominates most of the conversation, describing how most of the crew were caravan guards for the wagon train that came through the Bastard Sword Pass last year. Haman was one of the travelers. He made a "business proposition" for a select handful of the guards and they've been "living off the land" ever since. They all seem fairly content, and very confident in Haman as a leader.