New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: What are you playing right now?

Currently I am playing 4 different games right now

Overwatch
    Kingdom Hearts
    Pokemon Duel
    Minecraft

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Spoiler: SPOILERS: Obra Dinn Deaths
    Show
    The Surgeon's mate and his friend getting killed by the giant crab. Being grabbed around the throat, I thought either "strangled" or maybe "crushed" would count, but not "clawed" or "decapitated".

Spoiler: SPOILERS: Obra Dinn Ending
    Show
    I thought the bargain was a little weak as well, but no complaints. The bit with the monkey was awesome though! I really liked the very last scene though, where our character puts the book on the shelf. Just another day in the life of a supernatural insurance agent. : )

@DeadMech: Rimworld is awesome! Highly, highly approve.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Colossus in the Playground

More Obra Dinn ending:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, that part was great. Especially with the collection of other treasures next to it. The fist-sized gem, the strange... bones? Insects? All the other books.

Fun fact: they probably weren't a supernatural agent before this one. Or at least not so openly. There's been some discussion online about where the watch came from, and it may well be that the Surgeon always had it. People apparently spotted the case it came in under his bed and on the boat with him.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2019-01-08 at 11:03 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Sins of a Solar Empire with all the expansions and DLC.

Usually I like really hard, cerebral games (Into the Breach on hard) or long complex stories (Persona 3), but sometimes I just want bright, shiny explosions without having to think too deep. Sins always scratches that itch for me, especially with its "issue orders while paused" mechanic.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Made it through Sora's side of Re: Chain of Memories, and am now blowing through Riku's. Its fun, but I feel like they should've just made it a movie, cause I'm mostly just fighting bosses.

Got past Jimenez on SMT: Strange Journey Redux, and now I'm wandering around the new dungeon doing sidequesty bits.

Started re-playing The Last of Us for a friend to watch. Currently in the Winter segment. Even knowing how things are going to go, hasn't reduced the tension of the game.

Played through and got 1 (found out there's 3) of the endings for Layers of Fear this week. A rather solid psychological horror game overall. The jump scares were rather predictable, but the mindscrewy weirdness was done fantastically well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Been badgering my way through the final difficulty in Tesla vs. Lovecraft, a top down shooter in which you improve the world for humanity by killing approximately eight zillion fishpeople, extra-planar horrors, and on. With Science. Usually very high voltage science, the sort that gets you a stern talking to from the power company.

The best part of the game is three perks:
    1) Extra barrel. Take your favorite gun, make it shoot more everytime you pull the trigger. Can be taken multiple times.
    2) Backshot. Also, your gun shoots backwards. Stacks with extra barrel.
    3) Ricochet. Now your bullets bounce off of things.

What this means is that you can have a gun that shoots balls of lightning, except instead of one, it shoots three forwards, three backwards, and they bounce off of walls. Basically you turn into the world's most homicidal disco ball.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

7. - Top - End - #1327

I just finished Prey:2017. Very nice, kept getting better until the end! The ending itself feels really lackluster at first, but the after-credits scene more than makes up for it. I like how, despite the fact that there are only two actual endings, both of them change quite a lot depending on how you've dealt with the various situations you met during the journey.

I had a few other games on my backlog, but then I discovered Catherine from Atlus came out on Steam and hey, a game about a 32-years old who doesn't want to commit or grow up? Seems like the perfect moment for me to play it.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Ogre in the Playground

With my current frustrations building regarding Smash's online multiplayer and unknown (to me at least) local scene, a break is needed.

that my new PC came in a few days ago is a bit of a blessing, so I'm currently wondering what to play from my backlog, now that games don't risk giving the pc a heart attack.

Probably going to tackle DeusEx Mankind Divided first, as I loved the first enough to buy it twice (PC & PS3), while sprinkling in some Fallout 4, modded Minecraft and Fortnite to taste.

Hopefully I'll get over my frustrations or find a couch play buddy for Smash.

9. - Top - End - #1329

Been doing a lot of gaming lately, trying to fit in as much as I can before school starts next week.

Finished The Surge. My thoughts remain largely the same; gameplay is good, the aesthetic is really cool, story could’ve been done better.

I played Celeste last week and loved it. Normally I’m not super into that kind of challenging platformer, since I’m pretty bad at them, but the story and characters are so good that they kept me going until the end. It’s also free with Xbox Live Gold right now, so to anyone who has that, I’d highly recommend checking it out.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Firbolg in the Playground

I've been sailing the seas, colonizing islands, and dying a lot!

In other words, playing Atlas. It's a bit rough and glitchy, but dear gods is it fun!
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

11. - Top - End - #1331

I just found out they reskinned Defiance the other day so I've been running around doing the arkfall thing in Defiance 2050.
    We came to wreck everything, and ruin your life.....God sent us.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Played A Story About My Uncle. Was unimpressed.

Still, it was free, so I'm not complaining. Much.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    Made it through Sora's side of Re: Chain of Memories, and am now blowing through Riku's. Its fun, but I feel like they should've just made it a movie, cause I'm mostly just fighting bosses.

Got past Jimenez on SMT: Strange Journey Redux, and now I'm wandering around the new dungeon doing sidequesty bits.

Started re-playing The Last of Us for a friend to watch. Currently in the Winter segment. Even knowing how things are going to go, hasn't reduced the tension of the game.

Played through and got 1 (found out there's 3) of the endings for Layers of Fear this week. A rather solid psychological horror game overall. The jump scares were rather predictable, but the mindscrewy weirdness was done fantastically well.
    Oh yeah. I need to replay The Last Of Us, at least before it’s sequel.

Also, started The Way. Like it so far. Have a 10 hour car ride tomorrow, hopefully beat it.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Titan in the Playground

I've been playing Doom again. The 2016 version. I'm also doing a careful 100% secrets discovered play through, so... progress is slow.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Troll in the Playground

Looking at W40k Gladius. Just picked it up on steam and played an hour or so. Debating if I should return it and am worried it's going to get really boring/repetitive very quickly. Anyone have experience or thoughts to share?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    Looking at W40k Gladius. Just picked it up on steam and played an hour or so. Debating if I should return it and am worried it's going to get really boring/repetitive very quickly. Anyone have experience or thoughts to share?
    I haven't spent a bucket of time with Gladius, but I'd say it's a very solid take on the Warlock style of TBS. Basically your mileage depends on how much you enjoy 1upt combat tactics with a relatively low-key strategy layer. Personally I quite like it, I'm not quite sure it's as good as Warlock, but it's damn close; and the substantial asymmetry between the factions is pretty interesting.

(I'm actually about to grab the Tyrranids DLC, because life is better when you can drive tanks over instellar cockroaches for the Emperor.)

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post

(I'm actually about to grab the Tyrranids DLC, because life is better when you can drive tanks over instellar cockroaches for the Emperor.)
    Let me know your thoughts on it, its availability was a driving factor behind deciding to pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post
    Let me know your thoughts on it, its availability was a driving factor behind deciding to pick it up.
    I haven't encountered them yet (playing as IG). I can say however that I had a really delightful border war with the Necrons. The terrain on my side was jungle, which blocks LOS. On their side it was jungled hills. Between the two was open plains. Any attempt to cross the plains usually ended up with a lot of guardsmen getting very dead, but shooting Necrons from two hexes with guardsmen is only vaguely more deadly than throwing popcorn. Worse, the jungle meant my heavy weapons teams had to be within two hexes in order to shoot across the open plains at the enemy, at which point the enemy could shoot back.

I took a hella lotta losses forcing them down from those silly highlands.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Gloomhaven.
    #1 game on board game geek.
    It's as close to playing D&D without playing a roleplaying game.
    There is a main map that permanently changes as you unlock locations.
    You also unlock new characters to play as the story progresses.
    A bit Pricey though.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ogre in the Playground

I haven't encountered them yet (playing as IG). I can say however that I had a really delightful border war with the Necrons. The terrain on my side was jungle, which blocks LOS. On their side it was jungled hills. Between the two was open plains. Any attempt to cross the plains usually ended up with a lot of guardsmen getting very dead, but shooting Necrons from two hexes with guardsmen is only vaguely more deadly than throwing popcorn. Worse, the jungle meant my heavy weapons teams had to be within two hexes in order to shoot across the open plains at the enemy, at which point the enemy could shoot back.

I took a hella lotta losses forcing them down from those silly highlands.
    It ain't IG if your main tactic isn't drowning the enemy in bodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Not true!

Some commanders need the bodies to construct bridges for the tanks
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Been playing through Borderlands. My first win was as a soldier; I'm trying a siren this time.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Titan in the Playground

Look, if the Emperor had wanted pissant little guardsmen to live he would have made them Space Marines. Now go absorb bullets until the enemy's guns all jam.

Played a game as the Tyrannids this morning. Ended up losing to a two front war against Space Marines and Necrons. But the 'nids are great. They've got this mechanic where whenever an enemy dies within three tiles of a Malanthrope, you get research. So every skirmish turns into this fun little puzzle of not only what units can I kill, but how many Malanthropes can get close enough. Also they can eat the biomass off of tiles, giving you a one-time resource boost, and making said tile a permanent wasteland. Much fun if you're, say, flitting around the edge of an enemy's city.

(I lost I think mostly because I didn't quite grok how important Influence is for the 'nids. It's hive-mind juice, basically, so you want lots of it to fuel tile eating, recruiting the more powerful synapse creatures, etc. I went for max biomass, which led to an economic implosion.

Really, Gladius is great. It was just tragically mismarketed as some sort of 4x like it's CivilizationHammer 40,000 or something, which is just a dumb idea. In the grim darkness of the future we're going to what, negotiate with the undead robots who want to murder the entire galaxy and so impress them with art museums that they join the space UN? No, there is only war, because Gladius is basically turn based Dawn of War, and it does that supremely well.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Technobabylon. Awesome point-and-click cyberpunk adventure.
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Really, Gladius is great. It was just tragically mismarketed as some sort of 4x like it's CivilizationHammer 40,000 or something, which is just a dumb idea. In the grim darkness of the future we're going to what, negotiate with the undead robots who want to murder the entire galaxy and so impress them with art museums that they join the space UN? No, there is only war, because Gladius is basically turn based Dawn of War, and it does that supremely well.
    You just sold one additional copy of the game.
    Well that was awkward.

26. - Top - End - #1346

Just finished Catherine with the True Freedom ending (watched the other endings on Youtube, I like the mechanics: you choose your route during the last 3/4 levels of the game, and then you get the bad/good/best ending of that route depending on how your choice is consistent with the many little choice you've made during the whole game. Makes sense for a game about self-discovery and realizing what you truly want out of life).

I'm playing Resident Evil 7 now; it's nice but some things feel a bit too "scripted". Still great atmosphere and setting though.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Look, if the Emperor had wanted pissant little guardsmen to live he would have made them Space Marines. Now go absorb bullets until the enemy's guns all jam.
    Very true words, in particular when you consider that everybody else in the Imperium gets power armor. Engineers? Got power armor. Nuns? In power armor. Inquisition police? Also power armor. Imperial guard? Here's your standard-issue paper chestplate and a flashlight to draw the enemy's attention.

Played a game as the Tyrannids this morning. Ended up losing to a two front war against Space Marines and Necrons. But the 'nids are great. They've got this mechanic where whenever an enemy dies within three tiles of a Malanthrope, you get research. So every skirmish turns into this fun little puzzle of not only what units can I kill, but how many Malanthropes can get close enough. Also they can eat the biomass off of tiles, giving you a one-time resource boost, and making said tile a permanent wasteland. Much fun if you're, say, flitting around the edge of an enemy's city.

(I lost I think mostly because I didn't quite grok how important Influence is for the 'nids. It's hive-mind juice, basically, so you want lots of it to fuel tile eating, recruiting the more powerful synapse creatures, etc. I went for max biomass, which led to an economic implosion.

Really, Gladius is great. It was just tragically mismarketed as some sort of 4x like it's CivilizationHammer 40,000 or something, which is just a dumb idea. In the grim darkness of the future we're going to what, negotiate with the undead robots who want to murder the entire galaxy and so impress them with art museums that they join the space UN?
    Plus you know, the divine god-emprah also decreed that humies should murder everybody else in the galaxy.

No, there is only war, because Gladius is basically turn based Dawn of War, and it does that supremely well.
    Hmmm, I had skipped Gladius precisely because I expected Civilization with a 40k paintjob, but hearing that there's no silly diplomacy getting in the way of war got my interest again. Doubly so that they're still working on the game and adding new factions. If they add playable kayos I'll be instantly sold.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2019-01-20 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Very true words, in particular when you consider that everybody else in the Imperium gets power armor. Engineers? Got power armor. Nuns? In power armor. Inquisition police? Also power armor. Imperial guard? Here's your standard-issue paper chestplate and a flashlight to draw the enemy's attention.
    All nuns, everywhere, should wear power armor. This is one thing the Imperium definitely has right.

Hmmm, I had skipped Gladius precisely because I expected Civilization with a 40k paintjob, but hearing that there's no silly diplomacy getting in the way of war got my interest again. Doubly so that they're still working on the game and adding new factions. If they add playable kayos I'll be instantly sold.
    Yup, no diplomacy at all beyond being able to set locked teams during game set-up. I think this benefits the game not only thematically, but also mechanically, since it spares one the stupidity of most x4 diplomatic AIs, and keeps one from using a bog standard divide and conquer sort of strategy. Here, you've gotta be able to fight on all fronts. It also helps that the AI is pretty good at the combat, to the point where I'm pretty sure it uses the LOS and overwatch rules to bait attacks and counter-advances right into prepared positions.

The game's got another couple of interesting features as well. It runs cities a lot more like an RTS base than a Civ city; so you can build multiple copies of buildings. More resource buildings = more resources, multiple unit production buildings shortens production time. Unit recruitment buildings are also fairly specific; there's one that builds, say, infantry and another that makes heroes and a third handles tanks, all of which maintain separate queues. Even the 'build new stuff' building works this way, so you can have multiples of them building new buildings faster. And all of these can be run in parallel, so a city with an infantry barracks and a tank factory can build infantry and tanks at the same time. Since buildings also occupy slots on map tiles - most hexes have two or three slots - this also effectively unpacks a city in a pretty elegant way.

(There's also some pretty substantial asymmetries between the factions in terms of resources, as in different factions flat out use different resources, but I don't have enough playtime to really get the nuances of that yet.)

29. - Top - End - #1349

AssassinGuy

I'm thinking about getting back into X3 Terran Conflict. For the uninitiated it's a space sim. Start at the bottom in a little fighter or hauler running missions for npcs, upgrading your ship or buying bigger better ones over time... or hire other suckers to do it for you. Buy a mining ship and send it out to collect and sell ore for you. Buy haulers to buy and sell goods at stations across the universe. In the end you are building the stations and it's the npc's coming crawling to you for the opportunity to move your goods if you aren't having some of your 100's of tradeships do it for you. Meanwhile you're fielding fleets of carriers and destroyers to protect your assets or hunt and board rare ships.

I haven't played in awhile so picking up might take some time to re orientate myself. I got thinking I should pick this up again after seeing some X4 foundations gameplay. X4 looks pretty good and certainly improves some aspects. The station building process in particular looks more intuitive. But the game suffers in other areas. Also it's full price right now. So I'm hesitant to pick it up until it's either on sale or the big 2.0 patch comes out sometime in Feb/Mar.

I'd be interested if anyone has any suggestions for similar games. Most of the alternatives I've seen suggested elsewhere lack the empire building and fleet management aspects.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ogre in the Playground

My big Problem with any X game is that i feels pointless.

Sure, you can do a lot, build factories, a whole fleet, make millions of credits... but for what?

You cant really conquer the universe, and you don't need it for the story missions.

I understand that for many Player just doing and achieving it is worthwhile and fullfilling. But I need purpose.