New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Nature will gradually erase...

Hastur, are you confident you can cross that river? Daedalus begins casting a spell, whispering under his breath and placing a hand on the eidolon, increasing his bulk considerably. It will be no problem for me, Daedalus. I can swim through a small river like this with no problem. Still, if the enemy gives us time to prepare, we best not waste it. Rain magic upon me, my summoner. Daedalus nods and begins another spell.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Going to cast bull's strength for now, then follow it up with mage armor next round. This will be one buffed genie by the time I'm done.
    The Bear is Back.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Killy looks up to Darach, standing up on his hind legs. Their relative size difference seems to be obvious, then, as the Voonith, even standing on hind legs, is only as tall as Darach's chest. Still, the creature considers for a moment, before hopping into the water and nodding. He chitters something to the others of his kind, and a couple more join him. "Help friendssss, yesss."
    S C R E A M I N G is always a free action.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

-Guy, "How to be a Great Game Master"

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jarome tightens the straps on his armor and stretches to loosen his muscles ahead of the battle. As he does so, he whispers prayers in turn to Quam and Anbay in turn for himself and his companions.

Done with his own preparations, he looks to the others. "I can offer enchantments of invisibility to up to three of you, though how much that helps against unseeing plants is debatable. If they have other guardians, it may aid in making first strikes against them."

After casting spells of invisibility on those who desire it, he sings quietly for a moment, fortifying the courage and skill of those listening. In the moments before entering the water, he croons under his breath, and if any catch sight of his face, they would see his visage distorted, more a creature of the forest then a human.

Show
    Invisibility to up to three characters, lasts for 5 minutes.
    Inspire Courage lingers for 2 rounds after Jarome finishes singing. It now grants +2 to attack rolls and damage.
    Haunted Fay Aspect is cast right before going into the water. It lasts for 5 rounds and grants DR1/Cold Iron vs the first attacker in the round, ends on damage taken.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach nods to Jarome. "An excellent idea, though it would probably be better used on our archers and casters than myself, I would think." He also ensures everything is strapped in and enters the water after the voonith with a small grimace. If they shook him off mid-stream he would be in trouble... but that was a situation he would address if it arose.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

5. - Top - End - #425

Goblin

Taicho examines the river wondering if he could jump across. And as he does so he thinks to himself for the second time today how easy it would be if he could fly. Almost as though his will manifested itself on command large wings coalesce out of the shadows around him and with a single wing beat his feet leave the ground. And with that Taicho begins to cross the river and fading from view, a talent he had not yet shared with his new friends.

Spoiler: OOC.
    Show

Standard to activate my new feat: Tengu Wings, Fly as the spell with CL = to character level
    Swift to activate Vanishing Trick
    Move action to begin crossing the river.
    Fly Check [/roll]1d20+13[/roll]

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

The Voonith do what they can in helping Jarome and Darach across. Once they're on the other side, they come back to help anyone else that needs it. One of them playfully snaps at Taicho's heels as the Tengu flies over, only for Taicho to vanish almost immediately. The Voonith is baffled for a moment by this, but returns to helping the others across the river.

Spoiler: Swim Checks
    Show
    You still need to make them, but the Voonith are aiding you. Everyone gets a +4 on their swim check.

If you don't have a group that supports you - if you instead have a group that judges you - find a different group, trust me. It's not worth your life to waste it on a bunch of hyenas who serve no value to you aside from keeping you down. Everyone deserves to have a say at the table regardless of how they do it.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Even with the help of the Voonith, Darach starts to flounder in the water, slipping under here and there and starting to be swept downstream. Larger in size than the Voonith, they're not quite strong enough to keep him from being raked along by the current.

"Sssstop floundering like a dying cat!" Killy scolds at Darach's ear. "Use your armssssss, mongrel!"

Spoiler: Darach
    Show
    Make another swim check.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach says nothing in response, gritting his teeth against the water as he feels the weight of his armor dragging him down. He takes a gasp of air in case he does go under, and with a low growl he pulls angrily at the water, with more strength than skill.

Spoiler: Another swim check!
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20]
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

9. - Top - End - #429

Jarome grits his teeth a bit as he enters the cold water. Swimming is awkward as he keeps one arm out of the water, keeping his bow and its string as dry as possible, but as two of the Voonith swim up on either side of him, he finds that their aid in pulling him along is making it possible.

Show
    Swim check - (1d20+6)[21]

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

Once he has been magically enhanced twice, Hastur takes off at a run before diving confidently into the river, using a sure overhand stroke to make his way across the water. While he does this, Daedalus loads his crossbow and begins to take aim at the plants across the river.

Show
    Hastur's swim check is a (1d20+12)[23]
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone makes it across the river, some better than others - Hastur, Jarome, and Taicho end up on the bank about ten feet away from the nearest plant, while Darach's adventure partially downstream places him about thirty feet away, instead. Mercuira and Daedalus have about a twenty foot shot to the nearest plant. Upon contact with the opposite bank, however, all three of the plants animate, and release huge clouds of spores to fog the air.

Spoiler: Huge Clouds
    Show
    Mostly just flavor text. The spores are a ranged touch attack vs. a single target. So there's going to be one for Hastur, one for Taicho, and one for Jarome.

Hastur: (1d20+4)[18]
    Taicho: (1d20+4)[18]
    Jarome: (1d20+4)[24]

If any of those hit, you need to make a DC 14 Will Save or be entranced for (1d6)[1] rounds.

12. - Top - End - #432

Jarome does his best to hold his breath as the spores fog around them, almost too thick to see through.

Show
    Yeah, that hit.

Will save - (1d20+5)[24]

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

Hastur puts a hand over his mouth, trying to ward off the spores that have assaulted him.
    Show
    Will save (1d20+4)[10]
    The Bear is Back.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach clambers out of the water to see the plant-creatures releasing their vile spores. He lets out a roar, finding purchase on the muddy bank and charging forward, axe scything up to hack at the plant.

Show
    Charge and attack, using Power Attack (and cleave, if I can). Activating Destruction judgement as a swift action. Also, everyone remember the +1 attack from Bless!

Attack: (1d20+10)[20] (+9 normally +2 charge -2 power attack +1 bless)
    Damage: (1d12+15)[24] (+7 normally +6 power attack (4*1.5) +2 destruction)

-----

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

As the plants begin moving, Mercuira draws and launches an arrow at the closest plant to the melee group. To her surprise, the arrow strikes with more force than usual - her magic must have had an effect.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Assuming line of sight is ok, attack with Point-Blank Shot and Deadly Aim, as usual; Gravity Bow is in effect for...I think 8 more rounds (1 min duration, 6 s/round, I can is math?).

attack (1d20+9)[15]+1 from bless because I'm an idiot = 16
    damage (2d6+5)[13]
    Last edited by theasl; 2018-02-22 at 06:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Jarome sweeps his hand through the fog of spores, covering his mouth and nose and getting through the cloud with relatively little trouble. Hastur, however, drops his guard, and begins to walk almost in a zombie-like state towards the nearest plant...

...which Darach cuts down completely all in one blow. Hastur slowly shakes himself back to his senses as the others take their actions.

Mercuira's arrow sails true and hits into the thick stems near the bottom of the creeper, and the plant almost seems to recoil from the hit. With one plant already handled, only two remain.

Show
    Hastur can't take any further actions this round as the entrancement wears off, but everyone else that hasn't done anything can still attack the remaining plants!

17. - Top - End - #437

Goblin

Taicho waves the spores off with a flap of his wings. Getting close to the nearest plant. And readying himself to attack. He knows he will reveal himself immediately so this must count.

Show
    Staying invisible and planning to full attack on the next round.

18. - Top - End - #438

Feeling no ill effects from the spores, Jarome takes aim at the same plant as Mercuira, losing arrows as rapidly as he could manage.

Show

Firing with the effects of Blessing, Lingering Performance, Point Blank and Rapid Shot.

Shot #1 - (1d20+11)[27]
    Damage #1 - (1d6+5)[7]

Shot #2 - (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage #2 - (1d6+5)[8]

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

Daedalus realizes that his companion is befuddled, so he attempts to aid himself. He raises his crossbow and joins in on the salvo being fired at one of the plants, releasing a bolt with a loud twang.

Show
    Rolling and really appreciating all the buffs. (1d20+10)[11] to hit and (1d8+1)[4] damage. EDIT- ****e.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2018-02-23 at 11:49 AM.
    The Bear is Back.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Mercuira and Jarome's shots effectively take apart another plant, striking right into the heart of the animate creature's stem until it collapses over on one side, quickly withering and wilting.

Spoiler: PPP
    Show
    Roll another d20 for Daedalus, and Hastur can act again.

Spoiler: Next Round!
    Show
    Top of the order again! You guys are really taking these apart!

definitely not because I thought these were CR 4 but turns out they're CR 2

21. - Top - End - #441

Reposting in next post, I had screwed up the arrow damage.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Gyrfalcon; 2018-02-23 at 04:05 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442

The bard, cheered by their performance with the last plant quickly targets the sole surviving foe and wings another pair of arrows towards it.

Show
    Shot #1 - (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage #1 - (1d8+5)[6]

Shot #2 - (1d20+11)[25]
    Damage #2 - (1d8+5)[7]

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Darach reverses the swing of his axe, following through and bringing it down on the last remaining creeper once Jarome's arrows fly home.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Neither charge nor power attack this time, Destruction judgement and bless are still up. I think Jarome's inspire courage is still up? I forgot that last round.

Attack: (1d20+10)[30] (+2 more if inspire courage applies)
    Damage: (1d12+9)[15] (+2 more if inspire courage applies)

Crit threat go!
    Last edited by rs2excelsior; 2018-02-23 at 06:48 PM.

-----

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Darach easily destroys the last plant. Of course, the assist goes to Jarome, but it looks like Darach didn't need it. The Voonith, still in the river, are watching in stunned silence at the efficiency with with the group dismantled this threat. Killy climbs up onto the bank, shakes some water loose from his skin, and goes over to poke Darach in the arm. "Now, all that you needssss to do is learn to sssssswim."

Spoiler: EXP
    Show
    200 exp to everyone!

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

To his own surprise, Darach lets out a deep laugh at the Voonith's comment. "Perhaps I do. It's much easier without armor, though." He looks around the rest of the clearing, not fully letting his guard drop. "Were these three all? We should make sure there are no more of these things, or their spore-zombies."

Show
    Perception to check for any more of the things: (1d20+8)[12]

-----

26. - Top - End - #446

Jarome frowns as he joins Darach in looking for signs of further threats from the spore creatures.

I had expected more of them, as well as many zombies to attend to them. Killy, do you know if these plants had spread here from anywhere nearby?"

Show
    Jarome helps check for further threats, as well as making sure that these plants are well and truly dead.

Perception - (1d20+8)[11]
    Survival - (1d20+10)[11]
    Last edited by Gyrfalcon; 2018-02-25 at 07:18 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    d20 for Daedalus- be kind! (1d20)[13]

Hastur snaps to his senses, looking around like a dissapointed child that the fighting is already done.
    The Bear is Back.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Daedalus gets his crossbow bolt only halfway in before the bolt snaps, a seeming flaw in the wood. The bolt has to be discarded, but the crossbow at least appears to be fine. As the half-elf sorts this out, Darach and Jarome look around the area. There don't seem to be more of the plants nearby, and Killy, too, seems to think this. "No more, not here. Perhapssss deeper in the forestsss. But it would be rather ssssssilly to try and kill them all... though... killing them all doess sssssound fun... hee. Killing."

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I think I see why you're called Killy", Mercuira jokes as she puts away her bow, the magic on it fading. "So...if there's nothing left out here, should we be getting back?"

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    does anyone know how long it's been since we left, roughly?

30. - Top - End - #450

Goblin

Reappearing and feeling a bit silly for using such a trick to now effect. Taicho laughs nervously at Kily's words to Darach. Looking about to see if there are more of the plants as well.

Show

Perception [roll[1d20+10[/roll]