New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Final Fantasy RecordKeeper X:Listen to my pulls. This is our last chance to whale

Welcome to the Tenth thread of Final Fantasy Record Keeper!

For those of you just joining us, Final Fantasy Record Keeper is a free-to-play freemium game for mobile devices. Like many similar games, the main goal is to collect and power up 16-bit versions of characters from Final Fantasy games 1 through XIV (including sequels such as Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy IV: the After Years or the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII), as well as some spin-offs (World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Tactics) and even collaborations with other Final Fantasy products (Final Fantasy Mobius and Brass de Bravo). You then train up your characters, get equipment for them, acquire abilities, and battle through dungeons that retell the plot of various Final Fantasy games.

If you're only just starting out, it's a game that requires patience but rewards it. Realm Dungeons provide a fixed stream of characters, resources, and challenges, and roughly once per week are supplemented by unique Event Dungeons that highlight a particular game in the franchise. If you've caught up on that, Daily Dungeons provide a rotating smorgasboard of farming opportunities, and the deadly Nightmare Dungeons, Mote Dungeons and Torment Dungeons open periodically for the boldest challengers. And perhaps if you get strong enough, you may one day be able to challenge the mythical Magicite realms. While it'll take some time to catch up to long-time players, the rewards from past events recur frequently, and in some ways you're even coming out ahead thanks to the better gear opportunities available nowadays!

Equipment is based off of a lottery powered by the game's free currency (Mythril) or real money (Gems), though these days it's a fairly generous one. The game is completely playable without paying a cent, with a steady stream of opportunities for free-to-play players and gambling addicts alike. And crucially, no characters are trapped behind a paywall. It's a game that's simple enough to pick up and enjoy, but with tons of ongoing content and challenges to keep you playing and Final Fantasy nostalgia packed into every bit.

Happy hunting!

Spoiler: Playgrounder's Friend Codes
    Show
    danzibr: b5bU
    Greg_S: fr4D
    Maryring: SfTe
    Merlin the Tuna: HdxF
    Morbis Meh: Qxp6
    Oxybe: Hw6d
    Red Fel: ofdd
    Slayn82: uEoY
    SlyGuyMcFly: Sgv2
    spectralphoenix:HwW2
    Starwulf: GUtu
    SuperPanda: 3Lkv
    Hunter Noventa: Bwbo
    T.G. Oskar: Gm7h

FFRK Subreddit
    The Great PDF of Overwhelming Knowledge
    Upcoming Events
    Oxybe's Spreadsheet of Planning
    Skyfire's Record Dive Database
    Enlir's Database

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy RecordKeeper X:Listen to my pulls. This is our last chance to whale

Mait. is done, game is up! Enjoy your buffs, stam pots, and apparently, OK Motes 3 months early!
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy RecordKeeper X:Listen to my pulls. This is our last chance to whale

Mmm, new thread. New update. New stamina potions.

Not that I've really had issues with stamina in a long time.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

So, ability buff + new toys = lets tackle Fenrir!

Party:
    Vanille 99 - R5 Curaja/R3 Protectga - BSB - Dr Mogs - Full Dive
    Delita 99 - R1 Frost Strike/R2 Snowspell Stroke - USB - Scholar's Boon - Full Dive
    Red XIII 99 - R5 Wrath/R3 Entrust - USB - Mako Might - 3* Dive
    Noctis 99 - R5 Lifesiphon/R2 Omega Drive - Ace Striker - Full Dive
    Relm 83 - R2 Curada/R5 Curaja - Battleforged - 3* Dive

Result: 54:48 on the first attempt.

But I made a LOT of mistakes and stupid moves during this. Namely, I should of slapped a LS on Delita instead of Frost Strike (which didn't get the 4 hit buff. Still at 2) instead of trying to build gauge up with it and SSS. Also had a couple instances of not timing Fenrir's blink right and wasting an SB. But it wasn't a particularly hard fight. Between Red's Astra and the sheer amount of insta casts I didn't even notice the slow. With some tweaking and being a bit more aware of what doggy is doing, I very likely could sub 30 him. Another hone of SSS wouldn't hurt either but eh.

Edit: Eh. Second attempt 48:55. I'll take 'reliably able to clear' as a win. Also second clear got me Enkindu.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-11-28 at 09:24 AM.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Mmm, new thread. New update. New stamina potions.
    Actually, let's discuss some of these updates, shall we? Because they're great.

First off, there's the Onion Motes added to the green shop. That's nice for those who missed those events. And stamina potions, although a lot of us old-timers don't really have an issue with stamina. And the updates to the Hall of Rites. And Noel and Garnet get a bit of a buff. But you don't care about that.

You care about ability buffs. So let's talk those.
    Spoiler
    Show

There are a lot of changes. Some I've been able to confirm by looking at ability descriptions, but I can't guarantee all of them.
    • Ultima's per-hit multiplier (and thus total multiplier) has been increased.
    • Meltdown now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier slightly decreased, but its total multiplier is higher now.
    • Flare now hits five times. Its per-hit multiplier has been significantly dropped, but its total multiplier is slightly higher.
    • Meteor now hits three times. Its per-hit multiplier has been somewhat dropped, but its total multiplier is slightly higher.
    • Chain Blizzaga/Firaga/Stonega/Thundaga/Biora/Waterga now hit four times. Their per-hit multiplier are just a bit over half what they were, so the total is slightly higher. Additionally, Chain Bioga's chance to inflict Poison status was increased (2% -> 3%).
    • Holy now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was.
    • Ultra Cure has a faster cast time.
    • Crushdown now hits three times. Its per-hit multiplier has been slightly reduced, its total multiplier is slightly higher, and its cast time has been reduced.
    • Barrage's per-hit multiplier (and thus total multiplier) has been slightly increased.
    • Quadruple Foul now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has decreased, but its total has increased. Most key, though, is the reduction in its status infliction chance per hit. When it was 2-hit, each hit had a 45% chance to inflict (less than 1/2); now, that chance is 26% (more than 1/4). Whether that helps or hurts is a question for mathematicians.
    • Northern Cross now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was. Its per-hit status chance has been reduced (30% -> 17%).
    • Quick Hit now hits twice. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was.
    • Powerchain now hits twice. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was.
    • All summons now get one additional use. In addition:
      • Odin now hits twice. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was. Its status inflict chance has been increased to 100%, and it now causes -20% DEF/RES.
      • Bahamut now hits three times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased.
      • Titan now hits three times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased.
      • Ultima Weapon now hits three times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased.
    • Snowspell Strike now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased.
    • Flare Strike now hits five times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased. You also can't target allies.
    • The Twinstrikes are now Quadstrikes. They hit four times, their per-hit multipliers have been reduced, but their totals remain what they were.
    • Sky High's per-hit and total multipliers have been increased.
    • Sky Grinder has a faster cast time.
    • Dragoon Jump now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased.
    • Fires Within now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased.
    • Burning/Gaia Rush have had their per-hit and total multipliers increased.
    • Mug Bloodlust now hits twice. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was. It now buffs/debuffs for 30% (instead of 20%).
    • Mug Time now hits twice. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was. It also grants Haste regardless of whether Slow connects.
    • Dash and Slash/Poison Leaves have had their number of hits increased, per-hit multipliers reduced, and total multipliers increased.
    • Aegis Strike now hits three times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total has increased.
    • Saint Cross now casts faster, and inflicts High Regen instead of Low Regen.
    • Flashing Blade now casts faster each time it is used.
    • Hailstorm now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was.
    • Stitch in Time's MAG buff is now an ATK/MAG buff; the total package (+30% ATK/MAG, -30% DEF) has a different ID.
    • Doppelblade casts faster, and its status infliction chance has been increased.
    • Water/Shadow Mirage now hit twice. Their per-hit multipliers have been reduced, but totals remain what they were.
    • Penalty Strike now hits three times. Its per-hit multipliers have been reduced, but its totals have increased.
    • Spark/Cold Offering haev had their per-hit and total multipliers increased.
    • Sanguine Cross now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was. Additionally, the self-damage% has been reduced.
    • Dark Zone now hits four times. Its per-hit multipliers have been reduced. Its total multiplier without Doom is the same, but with Doom has increased.
    • Reaping Scythe now hits four times. Its per-hit multipliers have been reduced, but its totals have increased.
    • Morbid Countdown now hits four times. Its per-hit multipliers have been reduced. Its total multiplier without Doom is the same, but with Doom has increased.
    • Dire Heal/Dread Weapon now hit four times. Their per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but the totals remain what they were.
    • Crimson Cross has had its per-hit and total multipliers slightly increased, and its self-damage% decreased.
    • Sapphire Shot/Icicle Shot/Ruby Spark now hit four times. Their per-hit multipliers have been reduced, but the totals have slightly increased.
    Source.

So, yeah. Get out there and wreck some magicite.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Who're the big winners from ability buffs?

• Black Magic. The chain-ga spells just added a ton of damage to every cast. Meltdown's buff to 4 hits makes it one of the best damage options around as well.
    • Chains. Not only do the 4-hit skills build meter faster, but chains have more benefit on multi-hit, weaker potency skills.
    • Anyone who lacked Lifesiphon/wrath access. Increased meter gain from hitting weaknesses means faster access to SBs.
    • You, if you like Thief's revenge, since it now executes much faster.

And the big losers?
    • Mid-tier and below BSBs. This doesn't mean that BSBs are always awful and you should never touch them. That's silly. En-element BSB entries are still very nice. What's been eclipsed by skill buffs are many commands. In most cases, a honed 5* skill will now do more damage per use than a BSB command, so hone away.
      This doesn't mean that Raines, Maria, Cloud 2, Squall 2, et al are suddenly bad. They're still really good. But the gap's been closed.
    • OSBs. Skills are stronger, so the relative value of OSBs falls off even more. TGC's OSB is still awesome, of course.
    • Debuffs. Your damage output's going to jump up a lot, meaning fewer enemy turns. Fewer enemy turns are going to be taken in weak phases when bosses are most dangerous. Felt how easy it's been to chew up ultimates recently? You can start doing that to A+ bosses too, and take victory via overwhelming force.
    • 3* magicite bosses. They're going to suffer.

EDIT: Whoa, ninja buffs hit too. Wasn't expecting those yet, but even better- Ninjas are ridiculous chain-builders now.

Good luck, and may you destroy everything in your path.
    Last edited by Greg_S; 2017-11-28 at 10:24 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Just notices a mechanics quirk, and wondering how it works.

Chains, multi-element attacks, and boss weaknesses.

This was against Tiamat, so weak to Earth. Didn't bother making a team, just took in my water team, as it includes Bartz and Paine.

Tidus used his water chain.
    Bartz' 4-element USB was increasing the chain, and getting "vulnerable" damage hitting as Earth, at the same time.
    Paine's 3-element BSB did the same thing, as well as her water/earth CMD 2.

My question is...how much damage were they doing? Was the Earth type damage getting boosted by the Water chain % bonus, or just increasing the % for when a water attack would come later?

If the chain % got high enough would the damage type switch from earth to water, and no longer be getting the vulnerability effect from the boss' weakness (because as water damage it was doing more)?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

So around this time last week, Water was my weakest element. I had Paine's BSB and EnWater SSB and that's basically it.

Today I have Tidus's Chain and USB. Bartz's USB. And R3 Sapphire Shot and Engulfing Quadstrike.

Do you think maybe if I try real hard that I too can Sub30 Liquid Flame now?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    And the big losers?
    • Mid-tier and below BSBs. This doesn't mean that BSBs are always awful and you should never touch them. That's silly. En-element BSB entries are still very nice. What's been eclipsed by skill buffs are many commands. In most cases, a honed 5* skill will now do more damage per use than a BSB command, so hone away.
      This doesn't mean that Raines, Maria, Cloud 2, Squall 2, et al are suddenly bad. They're still really good. But the gap's been closed.
    Notable exception here: earth! Meltdown and Titan of course saw their stocks rise, but neither Meteor Crush nor Gaia Cross received buffs of any kind, and we don't yet have Earthbringer (earth version of Guardbringer) to fill in the gap. Yes, monks have Gaia Rush, but it's not exactly cutting edge tech despite its new-ness. Little disappointed that Meteor Crush didn't get the 4-hit treatment. All those en-earth knights and monks will want to keep their BSB commands handy.

Also, I apparently need to rejigger my Mist Dragon team, because I'm still coming up a hair short of 30 seconds. Harrumph. Really need those 5* Vit motes to finish Shelke's dive.
    Last edited by Merlin the Tuna; 2017-11-28 at 01:30 PM.
    Merlin the Tuna

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    So around this time last week, Water was my weakest element. I had Paine's BSB and EnWater SSB and that's basically it.

Today I have Tidus's Chain and USB. Bartz's USB. And R3 Sapphire Shot and Engulfing Quadstrike.

...I am rather salty about your luck lol I did 4 pulls on the X banner and only got Tidus' BSB2 and LMR and all of Paine's relics... On the plus side I still have a fully dived Edge with his USB so not the worst situation when it comes to water. As for sub 30 liquid flame all you need are entrusters and you should be fine.
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Notable exception here: earth! Meltdown and Titan of course saw their stocks rise, but neither Meteor Crush nor Gaia Cross received buffs of any kind, and we don't yet have Earthbringer (earth version of Guardbringer) to fill in the gap. Yes, monks have Gaia Rush, but it's not exactly cutting edge tech despite its new-ness. Little disappointed that Meteor Crush didn't get the 4-hit treatment. All those en-earth knights and monks will want to keep their BSB commands handy.

Also, I apparently need to rejigger my Mist Dragon team, because I'm still coming up a hair short of 30 seconds. Harrumph. Really need those 5* Vit motes to finish Shelke's dive.
    I might actually craft Meltdown now that it's been buffed, though I'm not sure how much I'd be able to hone it afterwards.

Titan (and all summons really) getting buffed is very nice though.

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Tidus used his water chain.
    Bartz' 4-element USB was increasing the chain, and getting "vulnerable" damage hitting as Earth, at the same time.
    Paine's 3-element BSB did the same thing, as well as her water/earth CMD 2.

My question is...how much damage were they doing? Was the Earth type damage getting boosted by the Water chain % bonus, or just increasing the % for when a water attack would come later?

If the chain % got high enough would the damage type switch from earth to water, and no longer be getting the vulnerability effect from the boss' weakness (because as water damage it was doing more)?
    Okay. Here's what I think happened.

I think that Chains count the number of hits with an appropriate element. Because those were multi-element hits, they counted as Water for the purpose of building the Chain.

But the Chain's multiplier only applies to damage with the appropriate element. Because they were dealing Earth damage, they did not count as Water for the purpose of multiplying damage.

All they were doing, then, was increasing the multiplier on any subsequent Water attacks.

And in answer to your last question - yes. The game automatically selects damage type based on what would do the most damage. If the Chain got high enough that Water would deal more damage than Earth - that is, the bonus from the Chain was greater than the bonus from the vulnerability - the attack would count as a Water attack and enjoy that massive multiplier. It would no longer get the bonus for hitting a vulnerability, but it would have the Chain to benefit it.

Interesting side note on this - Reddit recently crunched the numbers as to how badly Bartz embarasses Paine when Spellblading Water. But short version: With Bartz' USB and a good LD on him, plus an Entrust team, you should be able to do some serious damage to Liquid Flame.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Interesting side note on this - Reddit recently crunched the numbers as to how badly Bartz embarasses Paine when Spellblading Water. But short version: With Bartz' USB and a good LD on him, plus an Entrust team, you should be able to do some serious damage to Liquid Flame.
    Actually, that doesn't take in a few things. In a USB vs USB standpoint: Paine wins barring really good RNG for Bartz' chase. Tidus however, blows both of them out of the water.

Speaking of water, in all the ability buff hype, theres one minor thing that got overlooked. GL will be getting it's first Elemental Pick Up banner! This one features the aforementioned Water element (Est. Date Jan 14th). This is very good because we might start seeing pick up banners for the other elements after this.

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #14

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Speaking of water, in all the ability buff hype, theres one minor thing that got overlooked. GL will be getting it's first Elemental Pick Up banner! This one features the aforementioned Water element (Est. Date Jan 14th). This is very good because we might start seeing pick up banners for the other elements after this.
    Oh, new thread, and perfect good news to go along. Water is currently the only element where I need serious improvements - have some decent stuff, but won't beat Liquid Flame sub 60 anytime soon. Now I know what to aim for, since pulling on FF X feels wasted due to all gear I already got there.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2017-11-28 at 07:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Another loser: witchcraft. Hell Thunder kind of sucked before, now alternating between Sudden Thunder and Hell Thunder does just as many hits as spamming Chain Thundaga, but significantly less damage. I made the lightning witchcraft abilities because I got Shantotto's chain, but at this point I figure I'd be better off shattering them and creating another Chain Thundaga and Thundaja.

I am loving the changes overall, though the biggest boon is probably that increased SB gain.

[*]Quadruple Foul now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has decreased, but its total has increased. Most key, though, is the reduction in its status infliction chance per hit. When it was 2-hit, each hit had a 45% chance to inflict (less than 1/2); now, that chance is 26% (more than 1/4). Whether that helps or hurts is a question for mathematicians.
    [*]Northern Cross now hits four times. Its per-hit multiplier has been reduced, but its total remains what it was. Its per-hit status chance has been reduced (30% -> 17%).
    Both total probabilities improve, but almost imperceptibly - Quad Foul goes from a 69.75% chance to 70.0%, and Northern Cross goes from 51% to 52.5%. Assuming any content worth using 6* abilities on is vulnerable to status effects in the first place, of course.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2017-11-29 at 12:13 AM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Well I decided I was sick of waiting for good Support relics to come around to do the CPU nightmare fight, so I blitzed it. Not sure why I didn't do it before, it was immensely easy. It had just hit 2 when I killed it. Rikku USB + Cloud USB on my Cloud, Cloud USB on Gilgamesh, then a Hailstorm followed by an Omega Drive with Cloud, and 2x Gaia Crosses from Gilgamesh and it was dead.

Now to apply the same principle to the Affliction Break nightmare dungeon. Then I can finally see what these Magicite dungeons are all about, LOL. A bit behind the times, but better late than never :).

Edit: And the same principle worked for the Necrophobe fight. I entirely obliterated him. I even got him to doom all 4 of my guys, with wall and rikku usb his attacks were freaking weak(1200 vacuum). It was over pretty quickly after I got him into his second phase, with just 1 omega drive, 2x Cloud USB(one cloud, one rikku), a power chain and a thiefs revenge + Faris USB1. Not a single medal lost on either fights!

Now I finally get to start making teams for Magicite fights, and get incredibly frustrated when I get my butt whupped over and over again(The only 2 teams I could make that might be strong enough, are wind and dark).

2nd Edit: Is Affliction break worth honing? It's two hits, but I doubt I'd ever use a Cloud USB on a support user to make sure no damage was lost on using it. Seems like a skill that might be better served at just r1.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-11-30 at 06:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

I gotta say, I had reservations about the Delita dive, but he's proven himself worthy of the motes even if there are better people out there. Not only has he enabled me to beat Fenrir(and possibly Bismark, haven't tried him yet), but he also allowed me to beat the V torment 250/300 which was one of the few torments that I just couldn't manage to down with the previous teams because of severe want for synergy. In future banners I may have to try and pick up his BSB/LMR.

Also magacites are now triggering counters so be wary. It seems it was a bug in JP that got carried over to GL from what one JP player said.

2nd Edit: Is Affliction break worth honing? It's two hits, but I doubt I'd ever use a Cloud USB on a support user to make sure no damage was lost on using it. Seems like a skill that might be better served at just r1.
    It has its uses for status heavy bosses. Kind of gets overshadowed if you have a good source of Astra though. One point in it's favor over astra is it can make imperil from magicites not stick.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-11-30 at 06:27 AM.

Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

I gotta say, I had reservations about the Delita dive, but he's proven himself worthy of the motes even if there are better people out there. Not only has he enabled me to beat Fenrir(and possibly Bismark, haven't tried him yet), but he also allowed me to beat the V torment 250/300 which was one of the few torments that I just couldn't manage to down with the previous teams because of severe want for synergy. In future banners I may have to try and pick up his BSB/LMR.

Also magacites are now triggering counters so be wary. It seems it was a bug in JP that got carried over to GL from what one JP player said.

It has its uses for status heavy bosses. Kind of gets overshadowed if you have a good source of Astra though. One point in it's favor over astra is it can make imperil from magicites not stick.
    Uhhh..what is Astra? LOL. I've seen that term used several times lately, but I have no clue what it is. I'm guessing it's something that came during my last prolonged break(like Magicites, and a few other things).

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Uhhh..what is Astra? LOL. I've seen that term used several times lately, but I have no clue what it is. I'm guessing it's something that came during my last prolonged break(like Magicites, and a few other things).
    Astra blocks a single status effect. Red XIII USB, Iris BSB, Larsa has one I think.

Red XIII USB for example

[QUOTE[Grant Haste to all allies, temporarily raise their Attack a moderate amount and Defense and Resistance a small amount, and grant them a barrier that enables them to avoid one debuff.[/QUOTE]

Steam Profile

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

I'm looking forward to launching

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Astra blocks a single status effect. Red XIII USB, Iris BSB, Larsa has one I think.

Red XIII USB for example

[QUOTE[Grant Haste to all allies, temporarily raise their Attack a moderate amount and Defense and Resistance a small amount, and grant them a barrier that enables them to avoid one debuff.
    [/QUOTE]

Ahhh. Where does the term Astra come from then? I'm assuming from one of the various FF games, but I have no idea which off the top of my head.

Anyways, first magicite attempt(Golem) was a complete failure. I barely budged his HP bar. I mean, I'm only at 21 seconds, but there's just no way, my attacks are barely hitting for 1-2k dmg!!

I think I'm going to replace Bartz with Ramza so I can stack Shout onto Rikku's USB. I had brought Bartz because I have his OSB, but it did a pitiful 11k dmg.

Current set-up is:

Y'Shtola: Dispel/Curada RM is Dr. Mogs Teachings so I can use Asylum when I need it for an emergency heal.
    Cloud: Hailstorm/Omega Drive RM is Truthseeker. I have his OSB and with Shout+Rikku USB it should do decent damage. I guess I'll switch out Hailstorm though since I don't think it'll stack with shout
    Ramza: Lifesiphon/Full Break. I have no idea if FB is even worth it, but there's no point in bringing Entrust since I'll need his SB to keep Shout up at all times.
    Fang: Blood of the Wyvern/Aerial Dive. I have his Megaflare BSB, which is a an Imperil wind. Not sure if I should use it as soon as I have it, or wait till I have 2 bars so I can get more damage?
    Rikku: PowerChain/Dash and Slash RM is Mako Might so I can put up her USB immediately.

Any suggestions? I have Freya as well with his BSB, but it doesn't imperil, so I don't see much point in using him. I think I may have one or two other Wind-based Relics, but none of them imperil If I'm not mistaken.

Everyone has Earth Resist accessories, so damage isn't much of an issue once I get Elrarra's(or whatever her name is) wall and Rikku's USB up.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-11-30 at 07:58 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post

Ahhh. Where does the term Astra come from then? I'm assuming from one of the various FF games, but I have no idea which off the top of my head.

Anyways, first magicite attempt(Golem) was a complete failure. I barely budged his HP bar. I mean, I'm only at 21 seconds, but there's just no way, my attacks are barely hitting for 1-2k dmg!!

I think I'm going to replace Bartz with Ramza so I can stack Shout onto Rikku's USB. I had brought Bartz because I have his OSB, but it did a pitiful 11k dmg.

Current set-up is:

Y'Shtola: Dispel/Curada RM is Dr. Mogs Teachings so I can use Asylum when I need it for an emergency heal.
    Cloud: Hailstorm/Omega Drive RM is Truthseeker. I have his OSB and with Shout+Rikku USB it should do decent damage. I guess I'll switch out Hailstorm though since I don't think it'll stack with shout
    Ramza: Lifesiphon/Full Break. I have no idea if FB is even worth it, but there's no point in bringing Entrust since I'll need his SB to keep Shout up at all times.
    Fang: Blood of the Wyvern/Aerial Dive. I have his Megaflare BSB, which is a an Imperil wind. Not sure if I should use it as soon as I have it, or wait till I have 2 bars so I can get more damage?
    Rikku: PowerChain/Dash and Slash RM is Mako Might so I can put up her USB immediately.

Any suggestions? I have Freya as well with his BSB, but it doesn't imperil, so I don't see much point in using him. I think I may have one or two other Wind-based Relics, but none of them imperil If I'm not mistaken.

Everyone has Earth Resist accessories, so damage isn't much of an issue once I get Elrarra's(or whatever her name is) wall and Rikku's USB up.
    I think Astra came from Tactics.

As far as your golem attempt, he's very physical unfriendly. Insane Def and the 30k physical shield and all. Thank Cloud USB for him. Fenrir and Sealion are the 2 easiest to start with to at least build up some magicite.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-11-30 at 08:11 AM.

Steam Profile

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Tactics Advance actually. In that game, the Astra spell was a specialist spell on the Templar and Alchemist class and it's effect was a one time status protection. So that's why the usage was transferred to FFRK. You're also correct that Larsa has an Astra. On his BSB. His USB when we get it will also confer Astra, as well as Esuna and High Regen. So if you have a strong Larsa you're pretty well set against afflictions.

Personally, I have Aff Break at r1. I haven't bothered to hone it because while it deals decent damage, that's not what I use supports for. Usually, Astra is enough, so for those rare super-afflicter bosses I really only need two hits of Aff Break. But if you don't have Astra, Aff Break is *very* useful. Keep it at r1 for now. It should be enough.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

And Bismark is down. 1:08:34. Will need some tweaking to the party set up to sub 1 min it, but hey. 3rd magicite down.

Swapped out Noctis for Promto for the imperil but that barely helped so I might switch back. Noctis with SSB and OD will likely be more damage output overall. Got 2 Bismark magicite which will help with subsequent clears (as will getting Relm the last 9 levels she needs)

Golem I might be able to take on after I hone Raging Storm to R3 (will need to farm Dark Orbs for that though) and I might be able to down Living Flame with Delita and Edge. Hydra I'm still screwed on. I really have nothing for earth...
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-11-30 at 09:00 AM.

Steam Profile

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Urgh, decisions.

On the one hand, FFTA-1 is looking really, really good as a pull. Marche's USB, Ramza's new BSB with built-in Shout, Ramza's LMR... It's so absurdly tempting it hurts.

On the other, there's a lot of stuff coming down the way. We expect a DU on December 5, another Crystal Tower December 9, some neat events on the 19th, and a Relic Fest on the 25th. (That might or might not correspond to Super Fest 2? I dunno.)

If I blow the 50 mythril for a solid pull on FFTA-1, that puts me at just barely over 200. (I've been saving up.) Subtract another 25 for the DU LD, that's 175. The question is whether that's enough for the rest of the month, after taking dailies and event drops into account, and I can't seem to find a calendar that can confirm that.

So, who's thinking of just blowing it on FFTA-1?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

I personally came to the conclusion that most everything I want on the current FFTA-1 banner repeats on the same banner that will bring us Orlandeau USB, so I'll be saving for that. I am instead planning a possible pull on the FFTA-2 banner because Montblanc is gonna be the new Raines with his BSB.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I personally came to the conclusion that most everything I want on the current FFTA-1 banner repeats on the same banner that will bring us Orlandeau USB, so I'll be saving for that. I am instead planning a possible pull on the FFTA-2 banner because Montblanc is gonna be the new Raines with his BSB.
    ... Huh. Yeah, he really is. Side-by-side comparison... he's kind of better.

I mean, Raines has the advantage of Holy/Dark, a combination of elements that's rarely resisted, and a first command with an instant-cast for easy spamming. On the other hand, Monty's Burst has more initial damage (16.7x versus Raines' 15.42x) and a three-element split, which pretty much guarantees hitting a vulnerability if one exists. And while Monty's first command doesn't have the instant-cast that Raines' does, it deals a lot more damage (10.36x versus Raines' 8.8x). And the Burst itself, 10 hits to Raines' 6, is ideal for Chains.

So... Huh. Yeah. Pretty awesome, actually. Won't be whaling for it, but pretty awesome.

Now, catch me up - when are we expecting that RAIJIN CID USB banner?

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

... Huh. Yeah, he really is. Side-by-side comparison... he's kind of better.

I mean, Raines has the advantage of Holy/Dark, a combination of elements that's rarely resisted, and a first command with an instant-cast for easy spamming. On the other hand, Monty's Burst has more initial damage (16.7x versus Raines' 15.42x) and a three-element split, which pretty much guarantees hitting a vulnerability if one exists. And while Monty's first command doesn't have the instant-cast that Raines' does, it deals a lot more damage (10.36x versus Raines' 8.8x). And the Burst itself, 10 hits to Raines' 6, is ideal for Chains.

So... Huh. Yeah. Pretty awesome, actually. Won't be whaling for it, but pretty awesome.

Now, catch me up - when are we expecting that RAIJIN CID USB banner?
    Unless they switch up the event order (again), should be February 1st so plenty of time to save.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-11-30 at 12:20 PM.

Steam Profile

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Unless they switch up the event order (again), should be February 1st so plenty of time to save.
    Oh good, I'm already over 300 mythril so i can afford one or two things before then.

Factotum Variants!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Urgh, decisions.

On the one hand, FFTA-1 is looking really, really good as a pull. Marche's USB, Ramza's new BSB with built-in Shout, Ramza's LMR... It's so absurdly tempting it hurts.

On the other, there's a lot of stuff coming down the way. We expect a DU on December 5, another Crystal Tower December 9, some neat events on the 19th, and a Relic Fest on the 25th. (That might or might not correspond to Super Fest 2? I dunno.)

If I blow the 50 mythril for a solid pull on FFTA-1, that puts me at just barely over 200. (I've been saving up.) Subtract another 25 for the DU LD, that's 175. The question is whether that's enough for the rest of the month, after taking dailies and event drops into account, and I can't seem to find a calendar that can confirm that.

So, who's thinking of just blowing it on FFTA-1?
    In my case, I'll do an 11-pull. Sure, THUNDER GOD BANNER will have THUNDER GOD USB plus all these goodies, but my dame's banner comes roughly a week or two before that, and I'm gonna whale so hard on it they'll call me Willy. Here, I can get goodies and see that as a second chance; otherwise, Orlandeau will compete with Ramza and Marche for relics.

Also; now I realize why I didn't beat A+!Barbariccia. I wasn't focusing my anger the right way. Should have gone "take this, Irma! And this too, Maria!" That would have been cathartic. Still got a bone to pick with Skinner, tho.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.