New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    They even got excited at getting 42k credits after the mission - is it wrong to want to pinch their cheeks and call them cute lil Tenno?
    Savor it, soon they will grow up and become jaded
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #782
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Considering the acolytes have shown up three or four times since I started playing, this is the first time I've lucked out and gotten one of the rare mods from them.

So how actually useful is maiming strike? I know it's stupidly powerful, but for all intents and purposes it only works on spin to win builds. Since I'm not going to make one of those, is there a point in trying to make it part of my builds or am I better off selling for plat?

As for the vault opening, I actually have all of ember prime's parts except the main bp from the last time they were available, so I should be able to complete her within the next couple days. I also have most of sicarus prime, so I should be able to snag that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Also, did a bit of farming for Khora on Saturday, and lucked in to getting both her rotation C drops in only 4 or so attempts! One crazy cat lady coming up!
    How y'all doing?
    That's really nice. It took me ~15 runs or so, and that's only counting the runs that made it to rotation c. I had over a dozen runs where people dropped out at wave 4 or wave 6 without warning after I got all the parts from those waves. Now if I could just make Khora work for me. I want to like her so much, but she seems just so lackluster. Her number 2 seems like it should be a great skill, but the delay and how slowly it pulls in enemies makes it almost worthless, especially compared to Nidus's 2, which does essentially the same thing but instantly.

is it wrong to want to pinch their cheeks and call them cute lil Tenno?
    No, no it is not.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

3. - Top - End - #783

Maiming Strike, i have been rewarded with it twice now and used it both times to get a nice riven at a much better price or for a riven
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #784
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post

So how actually useful is maiming strike? I know it's stupidly powerful, but for all intents and purposes it only works on spin to win builds. Since I'm not going to make one of those, is there a point in trying to make it part of my builds or am I better off selling for plat?
    If you're not using spin-to-win builds, then you should sell it for plat a la Leon. I use a controller on PC*, hence I can't use a macro and doing spin-to-win manually would give me carpal tunnel after one mission, so I have Maiming Strike mainly to complete my mod collection.

That's really nice. It took me ~15 runs or so, and that's only counting the runs that made it to rotation c. I had over a dozen runs where people dropped out at wave 4 or wave 6 without warning after I got all the parts from those waves. Now if I could just make Khora work for me. I want to like her so much, but she seems just so lackluster. Her number 2 seems like it should be a great skill, but the delay and how slowly it pulls in enemies makes it almost worthless, especially compared to Nidus's 2, which does essentially the same thing but instantly.
    My condolences on your miserable RNG. I was also extremely luck with Nidus - I think it took me around 7 rounds to get all his parts, and there was someone else also farming him so we got the missions done fairly quickly. My Saryn build is also decent enough for me to solo up to wave 8, and thankfully I didn't encounter any host migration issues.

I think the highlights of her kit are her 1 her 4. I've seen Whipclaw do ridiculous amount of damage with the augment (which her 2 helps with) and a decent stat-stick, and her 4 can be excellent CC (it's absolutely fantastic in Index matches for blocking off enemy scoring and gathering points for _your_ team). I'll see what Venari's like when I get to playing wit her, but I think it's mainly going to be useful for healing.

* Yes yes yes, shun the unclean one
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

5. - Top - End - #785
    Titan in the Playground

* Yes yes yes, shun the unclean one
    Every now and again for a change, I do an ESO run with Wukong armed only with a melee weapon. I only need to press 2 at the start of each round, then just use a controller all the way through.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Troll in the Playground

You think that getting all of Khora's pieces in 15 runs is miserable RNG? Kid, I've got some horror stories for you. I would LOVE to have finished her in only 15 runs rather than the hundred or so it took. I was forced to play Saryn (a frame I typically don't really care for) because I needed both damage output and survivability to solo 8 waves (after at least 2 of the others from the group inevitably bailed after 2 or 4 waves). My preferred playstyle is also extremely disrupted by the energy and combo counter resets on switching zones. I was thrilled to finally finish collecting Khora so I could leave SO behind forever.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Dwarf in the Playground

Khora is the only frame I ever bought.
    I ran so much ESO, I ran out of things to spend focus on, before I got all her parts.

I know a lot of people build khora around her 1.
    IIRC it's like old exalted weapons, where they scale off of your melee weapon.

Personally, I specialized her for interception missions.
    Where my 4's hold 2 points, and I/my allies deal with the remaining ones.

Max duration, and something around 120% increased range.
    Makes it just big enough to cover both control consoles, and it lasts for a minute.
    Last edited by sleepy hedgehog; 2019-01-30 at 11:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    Khora is the only frame I ever bought.
    I ran so much ESO, I ran out of things to spend focus on, before I got all her parts.
    Khora's parts aren't even in the ESO drop tables, gotta do regular SO.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Khora's parts aren't even in the ESO drop tables, gotta do regular SO.
    Oh right, that was it.
    For the first little bit, Khora was in ESO.
    Then when they moved her out of it, I gave up on farming her.
    Since it was an order of magnitude longer than any other frame.
    And I could get more focus, and enough plat to buy her from ESO.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    Oh right, that was it.
    For the first little bit, Khora was in ESO.
    Then when they moved her out of it, I gave up on farming her.
    Since it was an order of magnitude longer than any other frame.
    And I could get more focus, and enough plat to buy her from ESO.
    It just depends on RNGesus. For me, Gara was the hardest to get since I farmed her before the bounty changes on Plains (2-3 bounties a day for three weeks), meanwhile some people have done 100+ runs for Nidus and still haven't gotten all the parts.

I got two parts of Khora from ESO, then had to go to regular SO to get the last two parts. In total, maybe 30-40 runs spread over a week (plus looking for the Braton/Lato Vandal). In terms of time spent though, Khora was a fraction of the time I spent on Gara.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Dwarf in the Playground

It just depends on RNGesus. For me, Gara was the hardest to get since I farmed her before the bounty changes on Plains (2-3 bounties a day for three weeks), meanwhile some people have done 100+ runs for Nidus and still haven't gotten all the parts.
    Apparently, they increased khora's drop rate from 5.64% to 11.28%.
    It used to be, on average, 3 times slower than nidus.
    But now it seems pretty similar.

12. - Top - End - #792

NinjaGuy

I got two parts of Khora from ESO, then had to go to regular SO to get the last two parts. In total, maybe 30-40 runs spread over a week (plus looking for the Braton/Lato Vandal). In terms of time spent though, Khora was a fraction of the time I spent on Gara.
    On that note, how is the farm for those Vandal weapons? I considered it, but I'm done with focus so the only reason I'd do ESO is for those parts, and the drop rates don't look great.

And yeah, the only reason I put work into farming Khora is because they increased the drop rates.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

On that note, how is the farm for those Vandal weapons? I considered it, but I'm done with focus so the only reason I'd do ESO is for those parts, and the drop rates don't look great.
    Yeah, the drop rates are not good.

According to DE's published drop tables, the Braton Vandal Barrel and Receiver are 5.53% from Rotation B and the Stock and BP are 1.84% and 2.01% from Rotation C.

The Lato Vandal isn't much better (Receiver is 2.01% from A, BP is 2.01% from B and Barrel is 1.84% from C).

Personally, it took me at least the same time again to get the remaining pieces of the two weapons on top of my initial Khora ESO farm (so probably 80 runs in total, not including host migration screw overs and non-round 8 runs) and I consider that lucky.

If you're done with focus and have no need to level up stuff, I really wouldn't recommend it - I still like running ESO for focus due to limited play time during the week, which has the nice side effect of leaving me swimming in radiants.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-01-31 at 08:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, the drop rates are not good.

According to DE's published drop tables, the Braton Vandal Barrel and Receiver are 5.53% from Rotation B and the Stock and BP are 1.84% and 2.01% from Rotation C.

The Lato Vandal isn't much better (Receiver is 2.01% from A, BP is 2.01% from B and Barrel is 1.84% from C).
    To put it another way, the drop rates are so bad I wasn't even aware that these things existed before I read the last couple posts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

15. - Top - End - #795

NinjaGuy

So that's not happening then! Good to know.

16. - Top - End - #796

Almost three months ago i managed to sell my Ash Prime without realizing it till last night. Was showcasing my fashion to a friend newish to the game when i realized that Ash P was not there and support confirmed that i sold it and some weapons/items at the end of Oct. I cant fathom why i would have sold it however. But now i have to get him again.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

If you're on PC, I have a full set. It's not worth much since DE gave it away for free on Twitch a few months ago.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798

That would be good thankyou.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Well this is a new experience (for me) to share. In today's sortie, getting to the spy mission, I was snubbed for bringing Nezha. Frankly, if you feel you have to bring Ivara or Loki to that spy mission, then I'm more worried about your performance. Good riddance then? Just a weird experience, since I'm normally the one doing everything with Loki. Still rocking my G3 shoulder piercing even. Never had anyone leave over Loki.

20. - Top - End - #800

If it were not for the metric that keeps track of how many missions you have left i'd say i'd have been a lot less tolerant of lokis, as it is any given mission with one it will spend the most time on the floor or otherwise being useless.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zalabim View Post
    Well this is a new experience (for me) to share. In today's sortie, getting to the spy mission, I was snubbed for bringing Nezha. Frankly, if you feel you have to bring Ivara or Loki to that spy mission, then I'm more worried about your performance. Good riddance then? Just a weird experience, since I'm normally the one doing everything with Loki. Still rocking my G3 shoulder piercing even. Never had anyone leave over Loki.
    To be honest, your first mistake was doing Sortie Spy in public.

That said, provided you know how to clear the vaults without triggering an alarm, I'm not bothered what 'frame you bring. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    If it were not for the metric that keeps track of how many missions you have left i'd say i'd have been a lot less tolerant of lokis, as it is any given mission with one it will spend the most time on the floor or otherwise being useless.
    While I can't fault someone for being objective focused and bringing a Loki on the relevant mission (ie something where you don't have to kill stuff, eg Rescue, Spy, Sabotage), on other missions, a lot of them do seem to go AFK/leech or hide somewhere without contributing much (they haven't fitted Hushed Invisibility, a silencing mod, or aren't otherwise using a silenced weapon).

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

something where you don't have to kill stuff, eg Rescue
    Technically you don't, on Rescue; it just has a better Specter reward if you kill the wardens without triggering an alarm.

Funny thing. Someone asked me NOT to use Mass Vitrify on a defense mission... and then, when the target got to 50% health on wave 8, decided that maybe Mass Vitrify would relieve some pressure...
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2019-02-20 at 08:19 PM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Pixie in the Playground

Dropping in to say that I hate all of you, reading about the game made me try it out again.
    Joking aside, after giving it a first try years ago (Loki was a starter frame back then is all I can remember as I still have him) and not playing for long, I reactivated my account a few weeks ago and what can I say, it's immensly fun! I'm not too far along in anything but the collection of gear I want to keep keeps growing and the empty inventory spaces keep running out, so I must be doing something right...

edit: And yes, I'm still one of the "cute little tennos" who's quite happy with getting 50k credits out of a mission.
    Last edited by Rhazal; 2019-02-21 at 06:26 AM.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Halfling in the Playground

So after a couple of month haitus on this game I picked it back up. I saw fortuna, and for a couple of weeks ignored it, is it more than a reskinned Cetus? It seems cool and the song "We Lift Together" was fun to listen to but I'm not seeing to much in the way of exciting content..... Also does anyone know when the Cimera quest will be updated? The main story of this game has always been vastly interesting to me.

Could I get my Xbox Info put on here? -VelociRapture12 (Gamertag)

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VelociRapture12 View Post
    is it more than a reskinned Cetus?
    Fishing (adding a quicktime event when you hit a 'fish' to catch it) - check. Can't blueprint the lures; have to buy them with rep. Not like they're needed... unlike Cetus, all fish types spawn when the conditions for their spawning's in play. Just increases the number when the condition is in play.

Collecting ores and gems - Check.
    Extract / defend / find / kill quests - check. They did add a spy component to some missions.

Mechanic differences - Corpus enemies use 'alert' devices to summon aid instead of the flying scanners the Grineer use. They're tiered, so the higher on the alert you go, the more difficult the enemies you face.

Added:
    Conservation missions. Start at an animal's 'trail markings', follow the footprints to a 'lure' spot, use an electronic call system to get the animal type to spot, tranquilize. Easy 400-1000 rep if you clear out the area of corpus before calling; the animals get real skittish.

Skateboarding, essentially. The vallis is full of places you can do tricks. But it's just something for fun and skill.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

Fortuna's a lot like the Plains, except with a good storyline and minus a lot of the things people complained about after the first open world zone went live. Sadly, the new mechanics of the Fortuna bounties didn't get retroactively applied to the Plains, and some of the gear from Fortuna flat out obsoletes some older stuff, like the mining laser. (And possibly all non-Kitgun secondary weapons, according to some people.)

Running the intro storyline for Fortuna gets you a basic hoverboard for free, and the endgame mission chain unlocks the ability to use Archwing guns in normal missions, if you need to oneshot things any harder than you already do.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

27. - Top - End - #807

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    And possibly all non-Kitgun secondary weapons, according to some people.).
    People say that about each new prime weapon and yet somehow the world keeps on turning and the older weapons don't magically vanish because a new shiny thing turned up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #808

Kitguns aren't as outrageous as Zaws were.
    They give you the best semi-auto hybrid projectile pistol.
    And the others aren't bad. But there's lots of other kinds of secondaries they don't touch.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #809

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VelociRapture12 View Post
    ..... Also does anyone know when the Cimera quest will be updated? The main story of this game has always been vastly interesting to me.
    (Getting this information from the roadmap the devs talked about in Devstream 122, which Quite Shy summarised quite nicely, but is obviously very vague and subject to change)

As a direct continuation of the whole
    Spoiler: Story spoilers up to the Chimera Prologue
    Show

Lotus/Natah/Ballas/Sentient

story line, you'll probably be waiting till late Canadian Spring-ish for the New War quest (though it wouldn't surprise me too greatly if they have say one mini-quests along the lines of Apostasy/Chimera before that).

However, there's a couple more story/lore additions that will happen before that, including:
    Spoiler: Future Warframe story stuff
    Show

• Deck 12 of Fortuna, along with the Exploiter Orb boss fight (I enjoyed the Vox Solaris quest and the story parts of the Profit Taker Heists quite a bit, and I'm looking forward to the rest)
    • the Jupiter Gas City tileset rework, most likely including the flying Eidolon in some capacity
    • the first 'Nightwave', The Wolf of Saturn VI which will introduce the character Nora Night, more story and a new villain (along with the alert system re-work)

The Jupiter stuff is probably going to be very interesting, as it looks like there's going to be a lot of Sentient activity there in the future. And it wouldn't surprise me if it tied in/lead to the New War quest.

Also, the alert system is going to be trashed and replaced with Nightwaves, the first of which is called The Wolf of Saturn VI. Best you read it directly as I don't think I'll summarise it accurately, but it sounds like a huge improvement over the existing system (which consists of largely useless alerts IMHO) and replaces it with an operational supply-like system where you can get the rewards you actually want (e.g. potatoes, Nitain) directly instead of stuff you might not care about (weapon blueprints) and gives you lore at the same time.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Pixie in the Playground

Also, the alert system is going to be trashed and replaced with Nightwaves, the first of which is called The Wolf of Saturn VI. Best you read it directly as I don't think I'll summarise it accurately, but it sounds like a huge improvement over the existing system (which consists of largely useless alerts IMHO) and replaces it with an operational supply-like system where you can get the rewards you actually want (e.g. potatoes, Nitain) directly instead of stuff you might not care about (weapon blueprints) and gives you lore at the same time.
    New system seems interesting, at least for getting what you want. But it also shows me again that I need to get my act together and progress through the star chart/story to be able to do the missions with higher rewards. No more random relic opening.