New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

It's the fractures, if you look at your navigation console information on the event it talks about doubled rewards in the Vallis.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    It's the fractures, if you look at your navigation console information on the event it talks about doubled rewards in the Vallis.
    Interesting. Given that the Thermia event is rumoured to repeat like the Ghouls event, I wonder if it would bring the doubled rewards with it every time?

Anybody seen the new Nightwave cutscene?

Spoiler: Wolf Of Saturn 6
    Show
    Interesting lore bits suggesting that the Corpus are involved, rather than the Wolf being purely a Grineer thing.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: WoS6
    Show

I think the Warden is a Grineer, and he chose to hide on Jupiter (maybe he made a deal with Alad?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

4. - Top - End - #844
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Spoiler: WoS6
    Show

I think the Warden is a Grineer, and he chose to hide on Jupiter (maybe he made a deal with Alad?).
    Spoiler
    Show

Entirely possible. SS is a Grineer installation, after all. But, as we know, war makes for some strange bedfellows (like Tenno aiding and killing both sides). Wolf is a threat to both... so it would behoove them to cooperate on this point. So it not necessarily be with Alad; just the Corpus Board to stop losses.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

Exploiter orb fight has gone live, time to get ye Hildryn parts.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Exploiter orb fight has gone live, time to get ye Hildryn parts.
    Especially since the resource doubler is still in effect, so she drops 2 Lazulite Toroids, worth 12k Vox Solaris standing each.

Fight wise, she's easier than Profit Taker - I've fought Exploiter twice solo and won both times (40-something minutes for the first fight, 31 minutes second time and should get the time down further once I optimise my build even more). Some clanmates report good experiences with Loki, so may give that a try too.

On Prime Time last night, DE Rebecca and DE Megan did Exploiter in 12.something minutes, so a properly tooled up squad should get the fight down to at least half that.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Fight wise, she's easier than Profit Taker - I've fought Exploiter twice solo and won both times (40-something minutes for the first fight, 31 minutes second time and should get the time down further once I optimise my build even more). Some clanmates report good experiences with Loki, so may give that a try too..
    It's not all that hard of a fight, either. Just gimmicky.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    It's not all that hard of a fight, either. Just gimmicky.
    It's a well designed fight. Easily the best boss fight Warframe has by a significant margin. The gimmick allows people to participate, it doesn't incentivize the party to just be Chroma/Chroma/Chroma/X like the other bosses, the phases are largely well telegraphed, the flavor is neat, and it's actually doable solo for people who aren't into recruitment chat.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

I thought this might amuse some people:

Spoiler: Tales from the Relay
    Show
    I remember when I first saw her.

She pulled me out of that cell, dead wardens lying around the room and I thought 'I'm dead', then the boss told me to follow her, she's a friend and you could have knocked me down with an empty shell casing.

Getting me out of that execution cell would have been more than enough, but then she went and got Lefty and Righty back for me and I would have followed her into the Void.

Of course it would have never worked between us - she was way, way out of my league, but I was happy enough to be close to her when she came to see the boss and me once a week; then it was just the two of us, heading out to faraway locations, meeting interesting people and killing them then nicking all their stuff.

Over time, she just became more and more beautiful until that one week when she stopped coming. 'No big deal' I thought, "she'll be back next week", but then that week became months, months became a year and I'd realised I'd missed my chance.

Until today.

She came back to see us, the first time in years. She was even more beautiful than I remembered, a resplendent goddess of colour, power and grace, both majestic and terrifying in equal measure.

We even went on a contract together like old times and it was as if we had never been apart...

Wait, we're extracting? I thought we had longer! What if she doesn't come back again?! I gotta say something... anything! Tell her what she means to me, how I feel about her, tell her she is my one and only and she has but to say the word and I will be hers forever...

She's turning out the door, crap, I gotta say something! Anything! Just not those two words-

"Clem! Grakata!"

DAMMIT.

-----
    A silly little story that popped into my head, inspired by the Krieg Borderlands 2 trailer and this week's Nightwave mission.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Hey everyone! I've been playing Warframe over the past few months, and I saw that there's a thread here.

I'll chime in on the Exploiter Orb fight: It's fun, in a way that most fights in Warframe aren't. I think that the gimmicks across both phases of the fight make you feel like you're doing something besides point gun and click. I read on Reddit that someone mentioned the cutscene thing in the second phase is probably the first time we actually feel like our Warframes are physically powerful, and I fully agree.

Also, all of those gem/fish drops are absolutely insane. I've kind of been busy raising my Quills rep/working on Cetus stuff, but I've got enough gems to throw at Smokefinger to max out my rep entirely. And fish drops mean that I really don't have to go hunting rare fish for stuff. It's absurdly awesome drops.

Edit: I've also been doing my Exploiter Orb runs on Nezha, with surprising success. If you use Warding Halo while you're the target of her turret, you can get >10k on your WH, which means 90% DR for the entire fight, and being able to survive the explosion at the end. I've also been using his 4 to clear up the babby raknoids in the first phase, with some of his 2 thrown in there (pun intended).
    Last edited by OutOfThyme; 2019-03-17 at 06:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

Been thinking about playing again for a bit. How hard is Baruuk and/or Hildryn to get?

The main reason I stopped playing is because I got bored of using the same Frame all the time but it took forever to get any new ones. My experience with building faction rep is that it's excruciatingly timelocked on how much you can get in a day, but maybe Vox Solaris is different.

12. - Top - End - #852

Flumph

The problem with Vox Solaris standing is that you can only get to the 2nd rank without having Solaris United maxed out. You can only get the drops required for the later ranks from the Profit-Taker heists, which is kind of frustrating. Getting Baruuk or Hildryn's blueprints requires the 3rd rank of Vox Solaris.

The good news is that Exploiter Orb drops 2 of the new Lazulite Toroids means that you get the equivalent of 24k standing for each run, and those are required to get the blueprints for Hildryn's parts.

The one good thing I'll say about factions like the Quills and Vox Solaris is how you can stock up on the items you need to turn in for standing. That's really helpful, since I can do Teralyst/Tridolon capture runs when I have the time for it, and all I have to do is turn in my items once a day, and it's all done.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Titan in the Playground

I'd like to re-iterate the RNG annoyingness of getting to rank 2 and 3 of Vox Solaris; that said, the second heist can be done in around 2 minutes if you go loaded for bear, so it's not too bad.

Once you get to rank 3, you can start trading in Vox Solaris standing to buy the drops you need, which really improves the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Been thinking about playing again for a bit. How hard is Baruuk and/or Hildryn to get?
    Once you get to rank 3 with Vox Solaris, a single Exploiter run (at the moment) will let you buy all the blueprints for Barruk (20k standing total).
    Getting the materials to build him is a bit trickier - you can either do a dedicated farming run for toroids or look in caves. The hesperon can be found very easily in the red veins near the Temple of Profit.

Hildryn is trickier as her parts drop from the Exploiter battle. I lucked out with the RNG and only took 4 attempts to get all three components, which netted me all the Lazulite Toroids I needed to build her in the process.

However you do it though, now is the best time to farm Baruuk and Hildryn due to the double drops on Vallis from the event.

As OutOfThyme said though, Vox Solaris ranks are easy to get since you can stockpile the items and trade them in over the week when you're recovering from the weekend burn out.

Solaris United is also similar in that you can stockpile tradable items (debt tokens, gems and fish) if you don't want to run bounties or do Conservation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    My experience with building faction rep is that it's excruciatingly timelocked on how much you can get in a day, but maybe Vox Solaris is different.
    Unfortunately, the only way to raise your daily standing cap is to raise your MR.

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    The good news is that Exploiter Orb drops 2 of the new Lazulite Toroids means that you get the equivalent of 24k standing for each run, and those are required to get the blueprints for Hildryn's parts.
    The double Toroid drop is most likely due only to the event at the moment, so if you can farm Exploiter, now is a good time to do so.

That said, there's an issue with Vallis matchmaking, which is both good and bad: Bad in that you'll probably have to solo her for now (DE are fixing the issues at the moment), good in that the event has been extended a week while they fix the issues.

Solo-ing Exploiter is doable - the fastest time I've seen is 12 minutes and my personal best is ~25.

With the event extension, there is now the possibility of the event overlapping with the double drops Anniversary event next weekend, so 4x drops on Vallis (before Smeeta and boosters) and hammering Exploiter means you'll probably never have to farm Vox Solaris standing again.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-03-18 at 05:18 AM.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Is it me, or are they running out of ideas for the Nightwave dailies?

Really ... mark 5 resources / mods?

15. - Top - End - #855
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Is it me, or are they running out of ideas for the Nightwave dailies?

Really ... mark 5 resources / mods?
    There's a hypothesis that the Nightwave dailies are intended as a way to introduce game mechanics to new players.

For example, the 'kill 150 enemies with X damage' challenge is to encourage them to ask 'how do I get X damage on my weapons?' and lead them down the rabbit hole of damage and armour types.
    The 'perform 1 emote' challenge teaches them about emotes, the 'perform 150 bullet jumps' about parkour, etc.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hopefully then they can instruct the noobs to not to Hit Blipping Air supply towers as soon as they spawn
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #857
    Dwarf in the Playground

Or do 5 corpus missions where no one breaks the glass windows.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Hopefully then they can instruct the noobs to not to Hit Blipping Air supply towers as soon as they spawn
    Gasping for air: 'Complete a survival mission without hitting 100% life support'.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    It's a daily, not an elite.

That said: When I'm cleaning winders 'Complete 5 missions on the Corpus Ship tileset without breaking a window'.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a hypothesis that the Nightwave dailies are intended as a way to introduce game mechanics to new players.

For example, the 'kill 150 enemies with X damage' challenge is to encourage them to ask 'how do I get X damage on my weapons?' and lead them down the rabbit hole of damage and armour types.
    The 'perform 1 emote' challenge teaches them about emotes, the 'perform 150 bullet jumps' about parkour, etc.
    Case in point: I started playing yesterday, and seeing the daily quests lead me to discovering emotes, waypoints and viral damage. Thank god for google search and the wiki, the in-game is perhaps the worst I've ever seen.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

20. - Top - End - #860
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Case in point: I started playing yesterday, and seeing the daily quests lead me to discovering emotes, waypoints and viral damage.
    Likewise, I tried out conservation for the first time due to the challenge, and actually enjoyed myself. Also got Endurance Drift doing the Halls of Ascendance challenge, which I otherwise wouldn't have bothered getting.

Thank god for google search and the wiki, the in-game is perhaps the worst I've ever seen.
    Amen to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

21. - Top - End - #861

NecromancerGirl

Been thinking of updating my amp. I really like the prism and brace I use, but have been wanting to replace the klebrik with either shraksun or dissic. Any thoughts?

Shraksun seems to have better energy economy, the guaranteed impact proc, and decent crit chance going for it, at the cost of relatively short range.

The dissic has a higher status chance and a larger explosion radius, but costs 50 energy per shot, which means I'd only get two shots from full charge.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

Case in point: I started playing yesterday, and seeing the daily quests lead me to discovering emotes, waypoints and viral damage. Thank god for google search and the wiki, the in-game is perhaps the worst I've ever seen.
    Yeah, the only thing I've seen more obtuse is Eve Online. That said, if you get stuck on something, feel free to ask us here or in-game - there's a list of WF players and their platform on the first post of this thread.

Welcome to the fight, Tenno.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Been thinking of updating my amp. I really like the prism and brace I use, but have been wanting to replace the klebrik with either shraksun or dissic. Any thoughts?
    Are you planning to hunt Eidolons with it? If so, then the current meta is the Shraksun scaffold due to the damage dealt and number of hits per shot.

If you're not hunting Eidolons with it, then the scaffold doesn't really matter as you'll be using the primary fire of your brace more, so go with whichever scaffold first your playstyle more.

Regardless of whether you go Dissic or Shraksun, look into the Virtuos Fury arcane as both scaffolds work well with it (the Dissic has the highest status chance of all scaffolds, while the Shraksun has a guaranteed Impact proc).

23. - Top - End - #863

Hi, guys! Yesterday I donwloaded the client and completed the two first, extremely easy, tutorial missions. I don't dedicate much time to gaming, so I'm just going to tackle things at my own pace, without reading too many informations before I need them (except for how not to spend the starting Platinum, that seems important ).

This game seems quite fun for a "I have half an hour and nothing to do, I'll log in, do a couple missions and log off" approach. I just unlocked the Mod system, which seems like the core of the game, so next time I'll try to figure that out and go on with the easy introductory missions.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    This game seems quite fun for a "I have half an hour and nothing to do, I'll log in, do a couple missions and log off" approach.
    You fool! That's how the developers get you hooked! It's too late for me, but you can still get out! Run! Run while you can!

More seriously, do take Warframe at your own pace. The game doesn't hold your hand like other MMOs, so set your own goals, enjoy discovering new things for yourself and take the time to look at the (very pretty) scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    I just unlocked the Mod system, which seems like the core of the game, so next time I'll try to figure that out and go on with the easy introductory missions.
    As mentioned to Narkis, don't feel afraid to ask questions, either in here or in-game.

25. - Top - End - #865

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post
    The one that gets me the most is sabotage missions where after you put the fuel cell in the coolant tank, someone else goes and puts a cooling cell in the reactor. That step is already complete, but doing so overrides it.

Are you planning to hunt Eidolons with it? If so, then the current meta is the Shraksun scaffold due to the damage dealt and number of hits per shot.

If you're not hunting Eidolons with it, then the scaffold doesn't really matter as you'll be using the primary fire of your brace more, so go with whichever scaffold first your playstyle more.

Regardless of whether you go Dissic or Shraksun, look into the Virtuos Fury arcane as both scaffolds work well with it (the Dissic has the highest status chance of all scaffolds, while the Shraksun has a guaranteed Impact proc).
    That's kinda the rub, there. I do occasionally hunt eidolons, but so far the issue for me is not taking down its shield. The issue is my best damage dealing weapon for it is my vectis prime tuned to radiation. Just last night I was dealing 90% of the damage and kept running out of ammo because the other people in the squad were trash leechers trying to ride on a chroma's coattails. I was oberon.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Titan in the Playground

The one that gets me the most is sabotage missions where after you put the fuel cell in the coolant tank, someone else goes and puts a cooling cell in the reactor. That step is already complete, but doing so overrides it.
    Complete a Corpus Reactor Sabotage mission with a Freezing or Magnetising environmental hazard.

Yuk.

That's kinda the rub, there. I do occasionally hunt eidolons, but so far the issue for me is not taking down its shield. The issue is my best damage dealing weapon for it is my vectis prime tuned to radiation. Just last night I was dealing 90% of the damage and kept running out of ammo because the other people in the squad were trash leechers trying to ride on a chroma's coattails. I was oberon.
    The alternative is to make both amps and use the Shraksun one whenever you're Eidolon hunting.

With regard to your hunting issues, I would suggest Carrier with Ammo Case, but its survivability isn't great on Eidolon hunts.

To be honest, if I spot people trying to leech that badly in an Eidolon hunt, I would just leave squad and either solo it or abort the bounty.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

With regard to your hunting issues, I would suggest Carrier with Ammo Case, but its survivability isn't great on Eidolon hunts.
    Even if can manage to keep your Carrier alive, Ammo Case can't convert what doesn't drop. Back in the early days, before everyone knew the meta and had Rivens, running out of ammo on Eidolons was a pretty common thing because you're not getting any drops.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, the only thing I've seen more obtuse is Eve Online. That said, if you get stuck on something, feel free to ask us here or in-game - there's a list of WF players and their platform on the first post of this thread.

I actually found Eve Online to be more intuitive. The tutorial there was much more comprehensive, at the very least.

As for questions, I do have a few that I couldn't find the answer to:

Is there anything worth spending credits on the market?

Is there a way to get platinum without spending money?

Is it better to transmute mods or sell them for endo?

I used the promo codes in the OP. Some of them didn't work (I wanted that free sword dammit) but what did those that work actually do? I can't find anything new in my inventory, nor is there some unread mail to claim the items.

I acquired two relics from the Earth excavation missions. Later that same mission turned into a void mission, so I went to open my relics. The missions started fine, if a little tougher due to the corrupted enemies, but soon proved impossible: The corrupted enemies didn't drop a single power core, so I couldn't finish even one excavation, and my weapons started doing less and less damage bottoming out at ~4 damage per shot, where I could barely scratch the swarm. I obviously failed and didn't get anything other than an open relic, but what was I doing wrong?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

29. - Top - End - #869
    Firbolg in the Playground

Credits can get you
    • The blueprints for many weapons and warframes, which let you craft them using the Foundry. This is the main way to get new gear.
    • The Keys that let you access the Derelict Zone.
    • Various things needed for pets.
    • Ciphers, gear to bypass the hacking minigame if you don't like it or are short on time

Platinum? Once you're Mastery 2 or higher, you can trade in-game items with other players who did spend money on platinum. Mostly mods and prime parts. You will also get discount coupons for platinum once in a while.

Mods? Sell them for endo, (until you're very far in the game).

Power carriers should still drop power cores after becoming corrupted.
    It might just be that the enemies were too difficult for you at the moment. If there are too many corrupted enemies in play, normal enemies won't spawn until they're killed off. I also believe power carriers won't spawn if the excavators have all been destroyed.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2019-03-22 at 01:44 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #870
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there anything worth spending credits on the market?
    From the credit market, eventually you will want all of the weapon blueprints.

Is there a way to get platinum without spending money?
    The only 2 ways to get platinum is to buy it, or trade with other players for it.
    Is it better to transmute mods or sell them for endo?
    Getting endo is more important.
    Though, early, it's not that bad to transmute a little bit.
    At least until you stop getting duplicates.
    I acquired two relics from the Earth excavation missions. Later that same mission turned into a void mission, so I went to open my relics. The missions started fine, if a little tougher due to the corrupted enemies, but soon proved impossible: The corrupted enemies didn't drop a single power core, so I couldn't finish even one excavation, and my weapons started doing less and less damage bottoming out at ~4 damage per shot, where I could barely scratch the swarm. I obviously failed and didn't get anything other than an open relic, but what was I doing wrong?
    Yeah that just kinda happens sometimes, especially when you are playing solo.
    I think it has something to do with enemies spawning and not able to get to you.
    And if all of them get stuck, then no new ones spawn.

Also, you didn't ask, but your starting platinum should only go towards weapon and frame slots.