New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Crossbreeding Dragons

I am considering making an entire collection of citrus dragons. I may start getting to work on that sometime soon.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ivor_The_Mad View Post
    Oh I forgot about those. Also I had no idea that a male duck was called a drake. Thanks. I wonder what topic we will go on a rant about now. I think that now we are like our own society on GitP and I hope the mods don't cast destroy undead and then destroy our Phylactery. If were lucky we'll get new titles (Probably not going to happen) We could be the Ancient rainbow dracolich.
    What would we get this thread banned for? We are creating new kinds of dragons aren't we? Wasn't that the porpoise of this thread? It seems like we are mostly on topic.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

I mean I can't really think of a reason. You have a good point though we are making new content so I can't think why.
    Come to the dark side; we have pop-tarts.
    "Is no fun. Is no Blinsky" "He is... FIZBOP THUNDERTOES!!!!!"

Spoiler: The Night of the Living Thread
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DivisibleByZero View Post
    We, as humans, have incisors. Those are made for tearing flesh and meat.
    Meat tastes good.
    If we aren't supposed to eat people, then why are they made of meat?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I have always thought two crossbreedimg types of dragons end up like this. The dragon takes the resistance/scale color from one dragon and the stat block/breath weapon of the other. It makes for an easy way to do it.
    Last edited by apepi; 2018-05-08 at 02:03 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155

But would you rather have a green colored dragon that shoots ice or a lime green dragon that shoots margaritas? or a dragon that looks like a zebra.

Show

Meat tastes good.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

But would you rather have a green colored dragon that shoots ice or a lime green dragon that shoots margaritas? or a dragon that looks like a zebra.
    Definitely the margaritas, but only if it's mouth is correctly rimed with salt.
    In-character problems require in-character solutions. Out-of-character problems require out-of-character solutions.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Um... It depends on how serious you want your game to be.

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Um... It depends on how serious you want your game to be.
    Whats not serious about a zebra dragon?

Show

Meat tastes good.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

"That is not DeadThread which can eternal lie"

I am just going to leave some Dire Draconic Fur trout stats here now. Check page 6 of the document.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S14yjdENf
    -

10. - Top - End - #160

Requilac, sorry, I missed the last two resurrections of this thread. I really like the Ancient Rainbow Dracothreadlich, but I have three minor changes that I would make:

1. Instead of lasting forever, the undying feature should last until a crossbreed dragon comes within a mile of the dracolich, or 44 days 23 hours, 59 minutes, and fifty none seconds from when it begins, whichever comes first, after which the dracolich returns to full health.
    2. I feel like the dracolich should be able to cast Prismatic Spray and Prismatic Wall at least once a day each innately.
    3. Maybe this would go in the fluff section, but an ability to get almost any wanted draconic backup, due to being related to at least one of almost every type of dragon.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Requilac, sorry, I missed the last two resurrections of this thread. I really like the Ancient Rainbow Dracothreadlich, but I have three minor changes that I would make:

1. Instead of lasting forever, the undying feature should last until a crossbreed dragon comes within a mile of the dracolich, or 44 days 23 hours, 59 minutes, and fifty none seconds from when it begins, whichever comes first, after which the dracolich returns to full health.
    2. I feel like the dracolich should be able to cast Prismatic Spray and Prismatic Wall at least once a day each innately.
    3. Maybe this would go in the fluff section, but an ability to get almost any wanted draconic backup, due to being related to at least one of almost every type of dragon.
    1) Why don't I just simplify it and make it so that it comes back to life in... let's say 1,000 years. A millenium.

2) Sure, why not give it some simple innate casting? That feature has been added in so it can cost color spray at sixth level at will, prismatic spray once a day and prismatic wall once a day

3) I added in a feature called dragon kinship which can conjure dragon wyrmlings. Hope that works for you.

All of these changes can be found in the document.
    -

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    "That is not DeadThread which can eternal lie"

I am just going to leave some Dire Draconic Fur trout stats here now. Check page 6 of the document.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S14yjdENf
    Thats cool. Whats the background on this if any? Also I especially like the line "Swim-by. While the armor remain motionless, it is indistinguishable from a normal suit of armor."

Edit Also I was laughing so hard when I saw this thread was back up my eyes teared up.
    Last edited by Ivor_The_Mad; 2018-05-28 at 05:13 PM.

Show

Meat tastes good.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Thats cool. Whats the background on this if any? Also I especially like the line "Swim-by. While the armor remain motionless, it is indistinguishable from a normal suit of armor."

Edit Also I was laughing so hard when I saw this thread was back up my eyes teared up.
    The Fur Trout is a cryptid* from the American Northwest and Canada about a trout which has a thick coat of fur. The legend is that the area the trout live in is so cold that it developed fur to protect against the extreme temperature. Needless to say, this is a tall tale, as fish can't grow hair. Here is a Wikipedia link to, but I am sure by looking it up you can find many alleged sightings.

Woops, sorry about the whole swim-by description, I just fixed that. If you have ever used homebrewery before, then you would know why its there.

* creatures such as bigfoot, the loch ness monster, and the chupacabra
    -

14. - Top - End - #164

The Fur Trout is a cryptid* from the American Northwest and Canada about a trout which has a thick coat of fur. The legend is that the area the trout live in is so cold that it developed fur to protect against the extreme temperature. Needless to say, this is a tall tale, as fish can't grow hair. Here is a Wikipedia link to, but I am sure by looking it up you can find many alleged sightings.

Woops, sorry about the whole swim-by description, I just fixed that. If you have ever used homebrewery before, then you would know why its there.

* creatures such as bigfoot, the loch ness monster, and the chupacabra
    Oh cool i've never heard of them before. Thanks for the link.

Show

Meat tastes good.

15. - Top - End - #165

1) Why don't I just simplify it and make it so that it comes back to life in... let's say 1,000 years. A millenium.

2) Sure, why not give it some simple innate casting? That feature has been added in so it can cost color spray at sixth level at will, prismatic spray once a day and prismatic wall once a day

3) I added in a feature called dragon kinship which can conjure dragon wyrmlings. Hope that works for you.

All of these changes can be found in the document.
    My reasoning for point 1 was that I had thought that you had put it there in reference to the thread's strange pattern of hibernation and revival, therefore the weird time limit (I believe that a thread dies only after it has been unused for 45 full days). Also, thanks for making the changes.

Saying as this thread has now (d)evolved into weird dragon homebrew ideas, do you think you could stat the Crystal Dragon Jesus?
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

My reasoning for point 1 was that I had thought that you had put it there in reference to the thread's strange pattern of hibernation and revival, therefore the weird time limit (I believe that a thread dies only after it has been unused for 45 full days). Also, thanks for making the changes.
    Oh yes that makes sense. I will make the changes accordingly

Saying as this thread has now (d)evolved into weird dragon homebrew ideas, do you think you could stat the Crystal Dragon Jesus?
    Evolved into making weird dragon homebrew? What do you think the original idea of this thread was? But yes I will get to starting that Crystal Dragon a little bit later.

And to ensure that we are staying on topic, the highly requested zebra dragon will also be made. Just give me some time.
    -

17. - Top - End - #167

Oh yes that makes sense. I will make the changes accordingly

Evolved into making weird dragon homebrew? What do you think the original idea of this thread was? But yes I will get to starting that Crystal Dragon a little bit later.

And to ensure that we are staying on topic, the highly requested zebra dragon will also be made. Just give me some time.
    Eeeeeeexcellent!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Alright, the zebra dragon and crystal dragon have been made.
    -

19. - Top - End - #169

I love it all, one nitpick, the Zebra Dragon Multiattack mentions claw, but the dragon has no claw attack.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I love it all, one nitpick, the Zebra Dragon Multiattack mentions claw, but the dragon has no claw attack.
    Fixed that.

As a side note, have any of you heard the noise that a zebra makes? *shivers* I would be more scared of that scream than any dragon's breath weapon.
    -

21. - Top - End - #171

Fixed that.

As a side note, have any of you heard the noise that a zebra makes? *shivers* I would be more scared of that scream than any dragon's breath weapon.
    Yah now imagine a whole heard of these things charging you. That is something you don't want to come across, a herd of zebra dragons.

Show

Meat tastes good.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Yah now imagine a whole heard of these things charging you. That is something you don't want to come across, a herd of zebra dragons.
    As much as I like horror, there are some lines we don't cross, and that is one of them. A horde of screaming zebra dragons is too much.

You know, this reminds me of the first time I ran a horror campaign not too long ago. I thought that I could increase the mood if I surprised my players by playing the noises of odd sounding animals at random times when their characters were relatively relaxed. When I played a fox screaming they all freaked out and prepared to fight a banshee. Good times, good times.

_____

Any other requests for dragons?
    -

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Shouldn't red and green make the watermelon dragon?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Tarrasque View Post
    Shouldn't red and green make the watermelon dragon?
    If the colors are mixed, than wouldn't an orange or blueberry dragon make more sense?
    -

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Awaken ye lords of reptiles and lethal haletosis,
    awaken from thi slightly less than one month long slumber,
    heed the absurd summoning,
    harken to my call,
    open the gates to the dragon's realm,
    unleash the legions of the rainbow colored abyss and return to this hilarious domain once more,
    arise!
    arise!
    ar... (*cough*)
    Umm, arise, I guess.

Summoner: Did it work?

Another Voice: Fred, I dont' know, I woke up five minutes ago. Can I go back to bed now?

It's not considered thread necromancy until no post has been made in 45 days, and its been slightly less than a month since the last post in this thread, so this is legal. I return once again and now have created the purple dragon; a hybrid of the blue and red dragon. I thought that the best way to represent superheated electricity was radiant damage, so there you go. I will try to get back on topic and create some of the crossbreeds from the first post before getting to others. More upcoming in the nearby future!

Dragon Homebrew Document: http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S14yjdENf
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-07-18 at 09:29 PM.
    -

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Just a note, with the purple dragon, I would move the condition advantages into the same section as legendary resistance. Thanks for the new dragons as well! I might use a few in a HotDQ and RoT campaign.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Alright I edited the purple dragon and created the maroon dragon. I will be steadily creating more and more of the crossbred dragons from the 1st post for the upcoming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bushbaby View Post
    Just a note, with the purple dragon, I would move the condition advantages into the same section as legendary resistance. Thanks for the new dragons as well! I might use a few in a HotDQ and RoT campaign.
    By putting the Condition Advantages in the stats it takes up less space and is more easily noticeable, at least in my opinion.
    -

28. - Top - End - #178

Yay its not dead. (Actually I expected this)... wow. As for the fruit dragon stuff I think that there should some generic fruit dragon. If you breed the lime dragon with a white dragon you get the "GENERIC FRUIT" dragon. You can breed it with other colors to get cool kinds of fruit. Also Thanks Requilac for all the stats. I think ill make a dungeon based around them.

Show

Meat tastes good.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Yay its not dead. (Actually I expected this)... wow. As for the fruit dragon stuff I think that there should some generic fruit dragon. If you breed the lime dragon with a white dragon you get the "GENERIC FRUIT" dragon. You can breed it with other colors to get cool kinds of fruit. Also Thanks Requilac for all the stats. I think ill make a dungeon based around them.
    I really wanted to do a citrus dragon collection, but I kind of drew a blank on what exactly the difference between them would be. Breath weapons were especially difficult to come up with. What would a watermelon/grape/lime dragon breath that is harmful? Or most importantly, how would their breath weapon be any different than the lemonade dragon's? I may get to it one day, but I just don't know what to do for them.
    -

30. - Top - End - #180

I really wanted to do a citrus dragon collection, but I kind of drew a blank on what exactly the difference between them would be. Breath weapons were especially difficult to come up with. What would a watermelon/grape/lime dragon breath that is harmful? Or most importantly, how would their breath weapon be any different than the lemonade dragon's? I may get to it one day, but I just don't know what to do for them.
    You have a point with the citrus breath weapons. Besides potency and flavor they are the same. As for the others fruit can be quite deadly. Have you ever been hit with a high velocity watermelon? Everything else is explained in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnUOdgrZj7g

Also the orange dragon could spit marmalade.

Show

Meat tastes good.