New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1496
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 12: Artificial Unintelligence

Why did they swap out Faye with that new girl in the last panel? Is Bubbles hallucinating?

That last panel has something really bad in its art. Something "my first webcomic!" level.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

That being?

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ettin in the Playground

So happy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    . Neither side even admitted they liked the other
    The face mushing is the admission. Not everything needs to be done with words.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

4. - Top - End - #1084

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    That being?
    If that was written to me: screwed up proportions between panel 1 and panel 4, and Faye's jaw getting oddly short in panel 4 compared to panel 3.

(I also think that panel 4 looks bad because of its general framing, but that might just be me, I think it makes Faye's arm look disproportionate, although it's actually more or less the right size.)
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

I feel like I'm reading a different webcomic than a lot of y'all. There's been plenty of subtext and hints that they both have a thing for each other. We've seen Bubbles get flustered over her feelings. We've seen Faye obliviously talk about how much she cares for her, and when she blushes thinking about Bubbles. And yeah, sometimes a couple people just spontaneously kiss barely saying a word because it's what feels right to both of them in the moment. That's how my first relationship started. Not every relationship starts with "omg I love you let's kiss," sometimes two people just suddenly realize that they have a thing for each other and it's reciprocated and they act in the moment.

Also, the lines, "I would never leave unless you asked me to," and "I would never ask you to," both say it pretty damn clearly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab
    Yeah, its actually a downgrade for him because at first level he only had to be lawful.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

It is curious that two of the comic's best characters share one of its worse romances. Though to be fair, it's mostly so awful because of other characters than the ones in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-E View Post
    MAJOR SPOILERS. Seriously!
    The last panel will be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Black. 'The End' in white text.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
    I won a thread. Am I pathetic to list that in my signture? Yes. Of course I am.

Awesome avatar is awesome. And made by yldenfrei.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prospekt View Post
    I feel like I'm reading a different webcomic than a lot of y'all. There's been plenty of subtext and hints that they both have a thing for each other. We've seen Bubbles get flustered over her feelings. We've seen Faye obliviously talk about how much she cares for her, and when she blushes thinking about Bubbles. And yeah, sometimes a couple people just spontaneously kiss barely saying a word because it's what feels right to both of them in the moment. That's how my first relationship started. Not every relationship starts with "omg I love you let's kiss," sometimes two people just suddenly realize that they have a thing for each other and it's reciprocated and they act in the moment.

Also, the lines, "I would never leave unless you asked me to," and "I would never ask you to," both say it pretty damn clearly.
    That they are attracted to each other wasnt in doubt. Everyone both in comic and out saw it. The problem was the kiss breakthrough. Neither one confessed their feelings before they just went for it. Both of them are a basket full of issues when it comes to social interaction, so the idea of just taking the plunge and going for a kiss shouldnt have been one they would act on without a confession first. As it stood, both were aware that THEY liked the other, but hadnt confirmed the other felt the same way for them. So the kiss came off as too abrupt and awkwardly created by the author. At least to me.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    That they are attracted to each other wasnt in doubt. Everyone both in comic and out saw it. The problem was the kiss breakthrough. Neither one confessed their feelings before they just went for it. Both of them are a basket full of issues when it comes to social interaction, so the idea of just taking the plunge and going for a kiss shouldnt have been one they would act on without a confession first. As it stood, both were aware that THEY liked the other, but hadnt confirmed the other felt the same way for them. So the kiss came off as too abrupt and awkwardly created by the author. At least to me.
    Alternatively, Faye knew Bubbles felt a certain way towards her. Choosing to ignore is not the same thing as totally unaware. And if someone I had been nursing affections for suddenly came up to me and started kissing during an intimate moment, I'm pretty sure I would be too busy going "Oh my god it's happening" to question it. At least at first; any "wait, where'd that come from" would happen after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I was clicking the random comic link to kill some time, and found this gem of foreshadowing for the current plot:
    http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2262

I kinda doubt 'twas intentional and real foreshadowing -- comic doesn't seem to be written that far in advance -- but seemed worth noting Pintsize's prognostication. (And sorry if someone already noted this earlier in this plotline.)

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know if "being afraid of annoying an actual killbot" is decorum, Pintsize.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ettin in the Playground

...Okay, that's a bit more sudden than I was expecting.

12. - Top - End - #1092

Imp

Seems like a conversation you would have before the clothes come off, but what do I know?
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

I could have sworn a few pages ago most of us were clamoring for them to get on with it already. Now they're going too fast?

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

We don't know for sure that anything expressly sexual occurred. Naked cuddling without sex is nice too. >.>
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    I could have sworn a few pages ago most of us were clamoring for them to get on with it already. Now they're going too fast?
    God forbid there be a halfway rate between "we've been letting this not-quite-yet-a-relationship smolder for over a year, let's keep waiting" to "alright, so they're gonna kiss and **** without having the 'share you feelings' moment that is the tension release of every romantic-comedy". Going 120 on the highway isn't any better than going 20.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1096

Griffon

I mean, it's pretty consistent behaviour for Faye, isn't it? She is impulsive and prone to rationalising after-the-fact - see also, her first hook-up with Sven and the first time she pounced on Angus.

"A lady reserves the right to change her mind", indeed.

I just hope that they next few strips see a warmer, more open discussion between them, rather than the usual angst-filled naval-gazing to which QC characters tend to be prone.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-05-22 at 03:52 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    God forbid there be a halfway rate between "we've been letting this not-quite-yet-a-relationship smolder for over a year, let's keep waiting" to "alright, so they're gonna kiss and **** without having the 'share you feelings' moment that is the tension release of every romantic-comedy". Going 120 on the highway isn't any better than going 20.
    They're having that moment. It is far from unrealistic that the moment follow a period of physical passion, rather than precede it.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

God forbid a relationship have a tipping point from nervous uncertainty to passionate embrace.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sorry for wanting realistic progression of the romance plotline. You've made it clear my opinion on this matter was wrong.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sorry for wanting realistic progression of the romance plotline. You've made it clear my opinion on this matter was wrong.
    I personally find two people rolling around in the hay very realistic, just not nuanced or interesting. I am uncertain of the timeline in regards to Faye's own depression, but I do wonder if Bubbles really ever got over her squad. Maybe the idea was that neither was on the best footing and sorta just did it? It would be interesting if these issues were broached, but I doubt they will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Imp

To paraphrase Griffin McElroy, the Bubbles and Faye story did flips the air for months, but it didn't stick the landing.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

22. - Top - End - #1102

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    I personally find two people rolling around in the hay very realistic, just not nuanced or interesting.
    Yup, I agree. I got zero involvement from this page. I also don't think that the artsy fartsy approach worked.

23. - Top - End - #1103

aaargh proportions in panel 1 + ugly framing

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

If this forum is any indicator, I don't think that Claire and Tai are accurate representations of our thoughts on Fubbles.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    If this forum is any indicator, I don't think that Claire and Tai are accurate representations of our thoughts on Fubbles.
    It would be interesting to hear an honest run-down on the feedback he's getting over this storyline. Is everybody really clamoring for "Fubbles Now!"? (I personally find myself fairly indifferent, since he's been telegraphing the lead-up to this in giant neon letters.)

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by geoduck View Post
    It would be interesting to hear an honest run-down on the feedback he's getting over this storyline. Is everybody really clamoring for "Fubbles Now!"? (I personally find myself fairly indifferent, since he's been telegraphing the lead-up to this in giant neon letters.)
    The QC reddit, at least, seems to be that way, yeah.

27. - Top - End - #1107

Griffon

Twitter is roughly half and half between that and the genuinely bizarre homophobes who keep threatening to never read the comic again. Waah.

I'm genuinely curious as to how you would define "realistic" with regards with a PTSD-suffering, 7 foot tall, red skinned, AI, lesbian murderbot?

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Twitter is roughly half and half between that and the genuinely bizarre homophobes who keep threatening to never read the comic again. Waah.

I'm genuinely curious as to how you would define "realistic" with regards with a PTSD-suffering, 7 foot tall, red skinned, AI, lesbian murderbot?
    ... What kind of homophobe would have read qc up to this point but decide now is too much? Strange people.

Also, I'm not going to say I consider the development unrealistic but of course some people might have expected another way for this to resolve. Different ideas of romance and all.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

29. - Top - End - #1109

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ... What kind of homophobe would have read qc up to this point but decide now is too much? Strange people.
    The sort who feel the need to DM Jeph and tell him about it at extreme length, apparently. A subset of the kind of person who tries to "win" an argument with a shop manager by angrily declaring that they will never return, probably hoping to be bribed or begged to reconsider.

It's fine. The funniest ones get posted and then (usually) vivisected by Randy "Something*Positive" Millholland, so we all get a good laugh out of it.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-05-24 at 07:55 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Colossus in the Playground

Lets see, if they are still here after we learn tai is polyamorous, after dora and tai hooked up, after marten got involved with a trans woman, and of course martens dad marrying dad two, then somehow I cant bring myself to take them seriously with their threats of leaving over a robolesbian relationship.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."