New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Overwatch: Thread of the Game

I think it's safe to say that once an opinion starts going off about "potatoes", there's no more value left to be had in that discussion.

So, how's Busan treating folks? How many times have you been betrayed by those moving shields on the MEKA section of the map?
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    I think it's safe to say that once an opinion starts going off about "potatoes", there's no more value left to be had in that discussion.

So, how's Busan treating folks? How many times have you been betrayed by those moving shields on the MEKA section of the map?
    Only been on the map once, as a skirmish so far. (I am sticking to QP until next season start. I am still rusty).
    Looking forward to play it this weekend.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

After playing the map four times today (randomness) and winning every time I really really like it.
    It's one of my favorite maps together with Nepal, Illios and Blizzard World.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Busan seems to give more power to the supports. There are very few med packs and on some rounds only 1 BIG med pack.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Busan seems to give more power to the supports. There are very few med packs and on some rounds only 1 BIG med pack.
    It is also continuing the trend with more blending of the "objective" areas into the environment, to the point that the first time I played I had a hard time making out where the area in the temple was.
    My favorite map in Busan is the launch hangar, and mainly due to the animated walls. I like those things in the game.

Edit: Oh I finally got a POTG with Moira. Which was utterly boring, it's just me murdering a Mercy in a tunnel.
    Nobody must have gotten any good kill streaks that game if that was the POTG...
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2018-09-17 at 12:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Nah, just be an undocumented Mercy nerf. 300% more likely to appear in POTG getting mercilessly slaughtered.
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Titan in the Playground

I just opened 6 lootboxes. Apart from 1 genji emote, everything in those 6 loot boxes were duplicates of things I had already.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure if this is supposedly possible, but i was in a Pharah missile rain today and didn't die. As in in the middle of it.
    Everyone around me was destroyed, and i almost let go of my keyboard to pat myself to see if I would find holes in my body. I got shot by a Hanzo half a second later because I got distracted by being alive, so I forgot to teleport away...
    but anyway. Wow.

edit:
    I just opened 6 lootboxes. Apart from 1 genji emote, everything in those 6 loot boxes were duplicates of things I had already.
    Reminds me of the old saying "Sprays in lootboxes is just Blizzard giving you the finger".
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2018-09-19 at 12:52 PM.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    Not sure if this is supposedly possible, but i was in a Pharah missile rain today and didn't die. As in in the middle of it.
    Everyone around me was destroyed, and i almost let go of my keyboard to pat myself to see if I would find holes in my body. I got shot by a Hanzo half a second later because I got distracted by being alive, so I forgot to teleport away...
    but anyway. Wow..
    The missiles are projectiles, they have an area of effect, just like her regular rockets, and do 40 damage each on a direct. So, yeah, if she's far enough away when she launches, you may get lucky and run between the raindrops. If it makes you feel any better, if the rest of your team was dead, the odds of you winning out that fight would be alarmingly low. I'd say that's the number one difference between good players and bad ones, is bad players continue to waste time fighting losing battles, instead of regrouping for another collective push on the objective.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    The missiles are projectiles, they have an area of effect, just like her regular rockets, and do 40 damage each on a direct. So, yeah, if she's far enough away when she launches, you may get lucky and run between the raindrops. If it makes you feel any better, if the rest of your team was dead, the odds of you winning out that fight would be alarmingly low. I'd say that's the number one difference between good players and bad ones, is bad players continue to waste time fighting losing battles, instead of regrouping for another collective push on the objective.
    Oh i know. It more fascinated me because it felt so much like a stupid movie moment.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Oh i know. It more fascinated me because it felt so much like a stupid movie moment.
    Complete with the punchline of randomly dying to Hanzo afterwards!

12. - Top - End - #342
    Titan in the Playground

Getting better at this (again).
    Been playing Moira all weekend except if someone else wants her. Haven't made a fool of myself yet (been on fire a few times, been on the "card board" at the end at least 50% of games, keep getting appreciated. So.

I love how fun she is to play... She obviously isn't a solo healer (but can be MAIN healer in combination with say Brigitte) but the combination of racking up most kills, highest kil streak AND heal 5000 points in a game feels pretty good. Almost every game i got gold or silver for kills AND gold for healing. So.

That said... I had a number of awful games, but that was because everyone was awful. When you get a gold medal for highest number of kills... and it is "2" then you know your team can't work together.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

The sweet thing about Moira is that she has a lot of safety built in. Fade is a great way to reposition if you wind up a bit too far forward, or just to slip from one side of a bad choke to the other.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

The sweet thing about Moira is that she has a lot of safety built in. Fade is a great way to reposition if you wind up a bit too far forward, or just to slip from one side of a bad choke to the other.
    "It's Hiiii..."

"Poof!"

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

You just have to make sure you time it right, ditto with D.Va bomb. And then there's those games when you ult and THEN hear the voiceline for D.Va bomb or High Noon and have nowhere to go...

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

You just have to make sure you time it right, ditto with D.Va bomb. And then there's those games when you ult and THEN hear the voiceline for D.Va bomb or High Noon and have nowhere to go...
    Indeed.
    Though I find that Moira's Ult is actually more useable not as a desperate tool for a push, but as a desperate Heal. I find I make a much bigger difference healing members than to aim for enemies. Of course its big benefit is that it goes through people so if I aim right I heal and hurt at the same time. But yes. If I am Ulting, I prioritise hurt members of my own team first, weak enemies second, and strong enemies last. In fact I think I heal most when Ulting and almost only Attack otherwise (my damage orb is out 75% of the time compared to Healing orb, I think).
    Last edited by Avilan the Grey; 2018-09-24 at 12:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Another thing completely, not only about this game:
    Anyone else enjoying, from time to time, to find a Forum about a game or a movie and read all the posts from the beginning?
    Right now I am reading through the entire forum thread for Overwatch at TV Tropes and enjoying the speculation in hindsight. I have read through the Skyrim an Fallout 3 threads both here and there before and found them very entertaining as well.

Also various movie forums (I found certain WW threads on forums really fun).

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Indeed.
    Though I find that Moira's Ult is actually more useable not as a desperate tool for a push, but as a desperate Heal. I find I make a much bigger difference healing members than to aim for enemies. Of course its big benefit is that it goes through people so if I aim right I heal and hurt at the same time. But yes. If I am Ulting, I prioritise hurt members of my own team first, weak enemies second, and strong enemies last. In fact I think I heal most when Ulting and almost only Attack otherwise (my damage orb is out 75% of the time compared to Healing orb, I think).
    Whenever I get my ult, I wait until my orb comes up, so I can throw a negative orb at the enemy to hurt them all, ult to simultaneously hurt them all even more, and heal any allies inbetween. Pretty effective at killing the enemy.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Whenever I get my ult, I wait until my orb comes up, so I can throw a negative orb at the enemy to hurt them all, ult to simultaneously hurt them all even more, and heal any allies inbetween. Pretty effective at killing the enemy.
    She IS fun, isn't she.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Titan in the Playground

Her ult does have two big things that make it good for offense: it ignores barriers and it has massive range. I've coordinated a successful push by telling everyone to go in when I ult, and I just melt the enemy hiding behind an Orisa shield at the choke. It can even pick up a kill on a backline support, which is pretty sweet.

Damage orb is fun, but I prefer healing orb for a few reasons. First, it heals up to 300 health (as opposed to the 200 damage of the orb), which cancels out a ton of damage. Second, it actually charges Moira's ult faster, because you get 6 points of ult charge for every 5 healing you do, rather than 1 point of ult charge for every 1 damage; that's 360 potential points of ult charge vs. 200. And getting ult faster means more free healing faster. Finally, if you don't land the kill with the damage orb, it gives ult charge to the enemy healers as they heal their allies back up, whereas the healing orb can only ever give you ult charge.

It's pretty sweet to lob a healing orb out over top of your team as they advance and stay topped off even while taking damage. That said, if I can pick up a cheeky solo kill, I'll sometimes switch to damage orb if I can angle it to stay on the enemy. That, or if we really need to finish off an enemy we can't quite get to.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

Her ult does have two big things that make it good for offense: it ignores barriers and it has massive range. I've coordinated a successful push by telling everyone to go in when I ult, and I just melt the enemy hiding behind an Orisa shield at the choke. It can even pick up a kill on a backline support, which is pretty sweet.

Damage orb is fun, but I prefer healing orb for a few reasons. First, it heals up to 300 health (as opposed to the 200 damage of the orb), which cancels out a ton of damage. Second, it actually charges Moira's ult faster, because you get 6 points of ult charge for every 5 healing you do, rather than 1 point of ult charge for every 1 damage; that's 360 potential points of ult charge vs. 200. And getting ult faster means more free healing faster. Finally, if you don't land the kill with the damage orb, it gives ult charge to the enemy healers as they heal their allies back up, whereas the healing orb can only ever give you ult charge.

It's pretty sweet to lob a healing orb out over top of your team as they advance and stay topped off even while taking damage. That said, if I can pick up a cheeky solo kill, I'll sometimes switch to damage orb if I can angle it to stay on the enemy. That, or if we really need to finish off an enemy we can't quite get to.
    At least where i am, skill wise, the matchmaking (when it works) makes me more useful as Moira as a damage dealer first, healer second. Seriously, her "sucking" range is so great that she outranges Brigitte, for example.
    Right now as balance goes I only have two enemies I fear: Hanzo and Doomfist. All others I can duel to a standstill or escape from quicky enough. In fact Doomfist is the only slightly (and i mean slightly) OP hero right now, as far as I am concerned. And not because I have problems killing him, but that his kit makes him slightly too mobile OR slightly too strong, Nerf one or the other veeeery carefully (nothing major needed).

Anyway, back to point: I tend to use healing orb if I need to carch up with my team, reach members far away or heal myself. Damage orb is great for reaching hiding snipers and other weak characters who think they are protected. If you're lucky they freak and run, too.
    That said the physics are a little off. A lot of the time the game engine makes the orb bounce wrong (about third of the times I throw a healing or damage orb at 45 degrees angle on a wall to get it around a corner, and it decideds to bounce back at me(!) instead.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Cool game. Bad company. Bad decisions. Bad fandom.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Bugbear in the Playground

So recently i have had some intresting fun.
    Spoiler: image i hope???
    Show
    https://pin.it/3zaooqw5ofivvu

So i played the brigget and this rando with a mic was the torb i pocket healed him.
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2018-10-02 at 01:59 PM.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    So recently i have had some intresting fun.
    Spoiler: image i hope???
    Show
    https://pin.it/3zaooqw5ofivvu

So i played the brigget and this rando with a mic was the torb i pocket healed him.
    Awwwww family time!

25. - Top - End - #355

Awwwww family time!
    Yeaaah it was great it was as if brigget felt lonely put the family spray down,her dad saw and pooof dad loves brigget more than turret.
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Lego Overwatch is true. Who else is hyped?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

27. - Top - End - #357

Tracer minifig ah hell yeah.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Lego Overwatch is true. Who else is hyped?
    I dig the idea in theory, but I'm not impressed with the quality or price point of the first set they've unveiled so far.

Anyway, I picked up the game for the first time since midway through the summer games event, and I got lucky with event skin drops for the first time in the last year or so. I got Pharah's new one in my free event box, and got Wrecking Ball's new one about 2 boxes later. So I'm off to a good start, at least.

However, other than new skins the event itself feels pretty meh. We still have no All Heroes mode for Junkenstein's Revenge, and between the changes to Torb and Symmetra the mode is significantly easier than it was in previous years. After playing just a few matches, it already feels stale.

I was already planning to drop the game along with everything else when RDR2 comes out, but right now I'm not evens sure I'll stick with it til then.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I dig the idea in theory, but I'm not impressed with the quality or price point of the first set they've unveiled so far.
    I'm absolutely going to buy LEGO Overwatch. What's wrong with Bastion? In Europe it's 25 Euro, which, while not cheap, isn't bad considering it's both LEGO AND Blizzard, which aren't exactly cheap companies to begin with.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    I'm absolutely going to buy LEGO Overwatch. What's wrong with Bastion? In Europe it's 25 Euro, which, while not cheap, isn't bad considering it's both LEGO AND Blizzard, which aren't exactly cheap companies to begin with.
    Indeed, it seems about on par with other kits of similar sizes, even without the exclusivity element and the brand name added.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”