New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Overwatch: Thread of the Game

Quote Originally Posted by GolemsVoice View Post
    I'm absolutely going to buy LEGO Overwatch. What's wrong with Bastion? In Europe it's 25 Euro, which, while not cheap, isn't bad considering it's both LEGO AND Blizzard, which aren't exactly cheap companies to begin with.
    Legos feel a little overpriced in general to me, and at that price point I really think he could look a lot better, or at least be able to be rebuilt into one of his other forms.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Legos feel a little overpriced in general to me, and at that price point I really think he could look a lot better, or at least be able to be rebuilt into one of his other forms.
    Well. he's never going to be able to rebuild into tank form because it defies the laws of physics. I don't know how much work it will take me to get him to change into sentry mode, because mine is still on its way, but I refuse to allow it to be anything other than fully transforming.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

There's nothing in Overwatch quite like the feeling of being a Reinhardt with 38 kills -

and not even having the bronze elim medal.

I'm going to miss that team. It was only 5 games or so but we were amazing together. It's weird how in this game I get more fulfillment front having great teammates then from playing great myself (although I did pull off some clutch charges in those games).
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2018-10-19 at 11:46 PM.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So, Bastion arrived today.

The pros: He's fairly posable. He's articulated enough that he can fairly reliably do the zombie emote, which is fantastic. The level of detail is nice, and he comes with pins in his feet to connect him to the stand that don't stick out if you choose not to use it. Ganymede is nice.

The cons: He cant transform. The torso and head are understandable, but he has really fat arms and the shoulder plates are not connected in such a way that they can readily switch to his turret position. If you trimmed away the parts that attach the shoulder pieces, the arms would be able to pose perfectly fine. His knee also cant detach to form the front brace for turret mode,

Unsure: his gun arm is short and wide instead of tall and skinny to accommodate the lego projectile launcher. His shoulders aren't quite broad enough to have Ganymede sit perfectly level unless his torso is rotated slightly.

Ultimate score: 8/10. Its a solid show piece that's pretty clearly intended to be a show piece rather than something you play with, which makes sense for a blizzard exclusive. Part of that is the limitation of lego, part of it is, I think, a lack of desire to make it happen, but the base design is sound and it looks nice sitting on my desk next to me. Someone with 20 minutes and some spare parts could probably fix it so it could transform, but if you don't care about that, it still looks cool.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I am now officially maining Brigitte together with Moira, Lucio and Junkrat now.

The reason is twofold; for one thing I REALLY like her design and personality, but more so it is a bit of a troll thing; there are SUCH an enormous group of haters on the official OW forums towards her that I started playing her out of spite. I find her by far the most difficult of the four I play, mostly because I am feeling... stuck. She is so much slower and has no "escape" button, but I am getting better. Now I am just really trying to get enough coins for the engineer skin.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

The escape button is to realize you're not locked in there with them, they're locked in there with YOU.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Plus she has two "escapes" anyway. An offensive one (the shove) and a defensive/offensive one (the dash/stun, which is a pretty solid mobility option).

But yeah, her best "escape" still remains being able to murder the **** out of everyone she comes into contact with. She has good damage output and more sustain than most non-tank Heroes. The only fight she really hardcore loses IME is Reaper.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Plus she has two "escapes" anyway. An offensive one (the shove) and a defensive/offensive one (the dash/stun, which is a pretty solid mobility option).

But yeah, her best "escape" still remains being able to murder the **** out of everyone she comes into contact with. She has good damage output and more sustain than most non-tank Heroes. The only fight she really hardcore loses IME is Reaper.
    Indeed. Brigitte is a fantastic duelist due to her shield, stun and self sustain. The only 1v1 fights she loses are ones where she cant actually reach her enemy, like vs Phara, or where they have so much of a DPS advantage that it overwhelms her healing, meaning basically just reaper.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Indeed. Brigitte is a fantastic duelist due to her shield, stun and self sustain. The only 1v1 fights she loses are ones where she cant actually reach her enemy, like vs Phara, or where they have so much of a DPS advantage that it overwhelms her healing, meaning basically just reaper.
    I find her much more squishy than people give her credit for, providing of course that they don't panic but fights back.
    Sombra, for example, shews thru her shield in seconds. Rein is suicide to duel unless the player panics and backs away. If the Rein player just pushes forward, he wins.

On the flip side of this I have met players who completely buy into the "She's SUPER OP!" so that (if they're on my team) think that as long as I am on the team they can pick 5 DPS and still win, because Brig is so OP she can heal, tank and attack at the same time. Or if they're on the other team they scream and run as soon as I get close, no matter how many they are or what hero they play.

Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Avilan the Grey View Post
    I find her much more squishy than people give her credit for, providing of course that they don't panic but fights back.
    Sombra, for example, shews thru her shield in seconds. Rein is suicide to duel unless the player panics and backs away. If the Rein player just pushes forward, he wins.

On the flip side of this I have met players who completely buy into the "She's SUPER OP!" so that (if they're on my team) think that as long as I am on the team they can pick 5 DPS and still win, because Brig is so OP she can heal, tank and attack at the same time. Or if they're on the other team they scream and run as soon as I get close, no matter how many they are or what hero they play.
    Actually, I believe you have the rein and brig dynamic backwards. Unless you get hit with a pin or surprise attack, brig will actually win a beating duel, if barely. You just cant use your shield except for the stun against him because his weapons doesn't care.

Ditto with sombra. Bash, flail boop chews through almost all of her HP (maybe even all of it, I cant remember what the exact threshold is) during a period where she cant move or fight back. Yeah if she gets a sneak attack off on you youre in trouble, but that's the case for a lot of good duelists.

11. - Top - End - #371

Hear ye hear ye my fellow mercy mains shes getting buffffffed.even if her healing is just going up to 60. Still hyped.
    Spoiler: hyped mercy
    Show
    https://hardcore-gamer.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2016/05/mercy.png

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...23-2018/230684
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    Hear ye hear ye my fellow mercy mains shes getting buffffffed.even if her healing is just going up to 60. Still hyped.
    Spoiler: hyped mercy
    Show
    https://hardcore-gamer.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2016/05/mercy.png

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/ov...23-2018/230684
    The key do make things good is to make them bad first, and then return them to where they were, it seems.

But seriously, I appreciate the change, but Mercy's ult is STILL pretty powerful, and I fear they will only back themselves into the same corner they wanted to avoid by changing her ult in the first place, namely that a Mercy with her ult can negate entire pushes or enemy ultimates.

While she can't pick up after a McCree or Reaper ult, while in Valkyrie she can still heal almost any non-fatal damage.
    Si non confectus, non reficiat.

The beautiful girl is courtesy of Serpentine
    My S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripjat Let's Play! Please give it a read, more than one constant reader would be nice!

13. - Top - End - #373

Devil

Actually, I believe you have the rein and brig dynamic backwards. Unless you get hit with a pin or surprise attack, brig will actually win a beating duel, if barely. You just cant use your shield except for the stun against him because his weapons doesn't care.

Ditto with sombra. Bash, flail boop chews through almost all of her HP (maybe even all of it, I cant remember what the exact threshold is) during a period where she cant move or fight back. Yeah if she gets a sneak attack off on you youre in trouble, but that's the case for a lot of good duelists.
    No, they are right. I have a lot of experience on both Rein and Brigs end. Rein and Sombra win the 1v1s the only reason people claim that Brig counters Rein is because she can make him drop his shield for a second, giving her team to the ability to focus him.

As for Sombra, if the sombra didnt innitiate the fight with a hack than it wasnt the Brig that won the fight, it was the sombras own lack of skill.
    Last edited by chainer1216; 2018-10-24 at 10:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    No, they are right. I have a lot of experience on both Rein and Brigs end. Rein and Sombra win the 1v1s the only reason people claim that Brig counters Rein is because she can make him drop his shield for a second, giving her team to the ability to focus him.

As for Sombra, if the sombra didnt innitiate the fight with a hack than it wasnt the Brig that won the fight, it was the sombras own lack of skill.
    Exactly. Weird specifics aside (Slapping anyone except D:VA off a bridge is always effective, but also very rare and can't be considered "normal" for example) Brig is a smaller, weaker version of Rein with marginally longer range. Of course he will win.

15. - Top - End - #375

Yooooooooo i just saw the thing about ashe who is hyped. Altho i kinda wanted echo as a support.
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

16. - Top - End - #376

RogueGuy

Took them long enough to add Jennifer Hale as a hero.
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

As I'm at work and can't watch Blizzcon stuff, who is that Ashe character and what can they do?
    ... Assuming it's not a crossover with League of Legends.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2018-11-02 at 02:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    As I'm at work and can't watch Blizzcon stuff, who is that Ashe character and what can they do?
    ... Assuming it's not a crossover with League of Legends.
    She's McCree's Not!Girlfriend and she shoots people with a shotgun.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

She's McCree's Not!Girlfriend and she shoots people with a shotgun.
    Well there aren't many shotgun users in the game. Only Roadhog, I think? If you can call that thing a shotgun, that is.

Any ideas what kind of abilities we'll be seeing from her?

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well there aren't many shotgun users in the game. Only Roadhog, I think? If you can call that thing a shotgun, that is.

Any ideas what kind of abilities we'll be seeing from her?
    Her preview has her chucking a stick of dynamite, a zoom, and a sidearm. And its more like an actual shotgun instead of what game devs think a shotgun does.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2018-11-02 at 02:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Shotgun? A woman after my own heart.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    Took them long enough to add Jennifer Hale as a hero.
    That was Jennifer Hale? I just assumed it was Laura Bailey. It's always Laura Bailey.

I'm curious how her ultimate works. Is it like a Torb turret where you summon it and it follows its own AI for a time, or is it just a set effect - like Mei throwing Snowball with her ult - that's visualized as a beefy, mustachioed Omnic?

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Her preview has her chucking a stick of dynamite, a zoom, and a sidearm. And its more like an actual shotgun instead of what game devs think a shotgun does.
    Ah, good, the Red Dead Redemption shotgun.
    I like that.

24. - Top - End - #384

I thought her sidearm was the shotgun and the primary was a repeating rifle.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    I thought her sidearm was the shotgun and the primary was a repeating rifle.
    They could both be shotguns. The main weapon definitely looked like a lever action shotgun to me, and it fits the inspiration stereotype more than a rifle.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Reaper, D.va, Roadhog, Torbjorn, and arguably, Doomfist. So yeah, there are plenty of shotgunners in Overwatch.

Her gun looks to me more like a lever-action rifle, like the classic Henry rifle. I certainly hope that's what she's got, because shotgun == yawn. The game is full to the gills with 'does no damage from 20 meters away' Heroes.
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2018-11-02 at 07:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Reaper, D.va, Roadhog, Torbjorn, and arguably, Doomfist. So yeah, there are plenty of shotgunners in Overwatch.

Her gun looks to me more like a lever-action rifle, like the classic Henry rifle. I certainly hope that's what she's got, because shotgun == yawn. The game is full to the gills with 'does no damage from 20 meters away' Heroes.
    Shotguns fire more than just pellets you know...

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post

Reaper and Torbjorn, I'll give it to you, but D.va? I know her main guns have spread, but those aren't shotguns at all.

29. - Top - End - #389

It even says rifle on her official page.
    Spoiler: website
    Show
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/ashe
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

She looks alright. The moment I saw B.O.B., though, my first thought was, "Wow, I really wanna play him instead!"

I dunno what Blizzard's aversion is to making female characters that aren't conventionally attractive though. Like, shouldn't a bandit have way more scars? Or, at least a few more wrinkles, considering that she's canonically 39?