New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1490
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if that is how it works. It seems he still has range touch but he can multitarget now? But I assume we'll have to see how exactly it improved, beyond this one occasion.

Well, yeah, but if the condition is 'it must be a fiber' this should also include muscle fiber, etc, and if his control isn't affected by weight or anything he could bloodbend anyone.
    It's more that everyone in the group, due to their proximity, melted as one entire unit. So if you're within contact of someone touched by the Decay quirk, it'll spread to you as well. So less multitarget and more proximity spreading.

They've explained that while he can control every sort of fiber, jean material is the easiest. I'd guess muscle fibers are the hardest since first of all they're not even visible so it may be harder to get a grasp on them mentally, and they're so tightly woven throughout the body that he can't really tug on them. But yeah Best Jeanist is legitimately strong and I love it. Also yeah, new Vigilantes, I wasn't sure about it yesterday thus why I didn't post about it. It's a good one!
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-05-14 at 07:24 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: My Hero Academia 2: I will endeavor to become a thread you can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I mean, his power being infectious opens up entire new avenues for it. What if he gets into the water supply and throws down some slowly rotting finger chunks. It's just a question of just how infectious Decay is.
    I think infectious is the wrong word (also his power doesn't cause flesh to rot, it causes it to dry and crumble).

It passes through things which are touching each other.

The thing to look out for is whether he can direct its transmission through inanimate matter, eg. sending it through the ground or snagging someone with a chain or other capture weapon and affecting them through it, though it would be a one-shot deal every time.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ettin in the Playground

The chain is made from his hand skin and therefore immune to being crumbled while still able to spread it.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

New chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    Oof.

Twice was already one of the more sympathetic members of the group and to see him get taken down like that...feels.

Though I'm not sure how to interpret the situation. Is Twice hallucinating? I mean before their faces were revealed they seemed to have a slightly different build to him. If not, how on earth did the MLA get their hands on his copies.

Also, Skeptic's ability seems crazy strong.

Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think hits just him being crazy.. but I guess skeptic can just pick what his things look like. Maybe. I don't know. We'll see.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think hits just him being crazy.. but I guess skeptic can just pick what his things look like. Maybe. I don't know. We'll see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are either hyper-realistic human dolls with Twice's face on them, or Twice is "coming apart" in grief.

Honestly though Twice doesn't even seem like too bad a guy- I guess he was lazy and a bit violent but the only person we see him attack initially is... himself. He only got mixed up with villains after the fact.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are either hyper-realistic human dolls with Twice's face on them, or Twice is "coming apart" in grief.

Honestly though Twice doesn't even seem like too bad a guy- I guess he was lazy and a bit violent but the only person we see him attack initially is... himself. He only got mixed up with villains after the fact.
    I mean, I like Twice well enough, too, but by now he's engaged in multiple things that qualify as assault, attempted murder and possibly terrorism. So you're basically saying he wasn't a criminal until he became one.
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, I like Twice well enough, too, but by now he's engaged in multiple things that qualify as assault, attempted murder and possibly terrorism. So you're basically saying he wasn't a criminal until he became one.
    Well it's more like I'm saying that I find his descent into criminal activity to be believable and preventable. Twice believes that "decent" society has no place for people with mental illness, and that's not something a person just comes up with- that's something that gets proven to them.

Honestly most of the League of Villain's backstories have a common element to them.

We have Spinner who had to deal with his Lizardman dealing with Mutantism in the Hick Town he grew up in.

Magne (RIP) was a trans woman who, for whatever reason (but likely a financial one), found herself unable to transition the way she wanted to. She's placed in direct contrast and combat with Tiger, a Transman who was able to transition the way he wanted to, and it can be inferred that part of his ability to do so had to do° with the support (financial at least) of the Heroics industry.

Society failed Toga in much the same way. Her being obsessed with/compelled to drink/ing blood is an obvious side effect of her quirk, one that they forced her to keep down until she snapped as opposed to. I dunno, hooking her up with a supply from the blood bank? Putting her on meds? I'm sure someone could have come up with an adequate solution before she resorted to shanking one of her classmates in the neck.

Even Shigaraki believes that society has fauled him but we're currently not sure how much if that was All For One messing with his head.

But the main point is that for at least half the main characters of The League, at least part of the blame for where they are now is on how society treats its untouchables.

° What even is English?

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. interesting point.
    There can be something about it.
    Twice were seemingly criminal even before he went insane though?
    As that was likely the result of him killing himself in the rather crazy personal infighting.

But Dabi certainly have a messed up background as well.
    Its not impossible he is a discarded son of Endevor.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

10. - Top - End - #1300

Flumph

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dolls with his face on in order to psychologically intimidate him, because his DID and trauma stems from his own personal clone saga and not knowing whether he's the real one after all the carnage.

Of course, this is a shonen training arc, so that might not go as planned....

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine
    Twice were seemingly criminal even before he went insane though?
    I don't think so.

He exploited his power to clone himself by making his clones go out and get lots of jobs to bring him money without working himself, but that's not criminal, it's just capitalism.

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Well it's more like I'm saying that I find his descent into criminal activity to be believable and preventable. Twice believes that "decent" society has no place for people with mental illness, and that's not something a person just comes up with- that's something that gets proven to them.
    People come up with a lot of stuff without proof...
    I'll admit, I only remember the rough outline of his flashback but whether or not he thinks so, the solution should be "so I seek help" not "so I'll become a criminal". iirc he used to commit minor stuff to get money / make things easier for him befoe he really went off the rails. That's not saying I dislike him or he's a terrible person, but that doesn't justify him turning more evil.

Magne (RIP) was a trans woman who, for whatever reason (but likely a financial one), found herself unable to transition the way she wanted to. She's placed in direct contrast and combat with Tiger, a Transman who was able to transition the way he wanted to, and it can be inferred that part of his ability to do so had to do° with the support (financial at least) of the Heroics industry.
    Sorry, but this seems really far fetched. Unless I forget something major Magne got hardly any character development or backstory. Assuming her aligment has anything to do with her sex, gender, lack of money... is as far as I remember not remotely supported by the narrative. I guess the comparison with Tiger is kind of fair, but considering neither is much of a character...

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I thought that was something that's basically all but stated outright?
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #1302

Flumph

Sorry, but this seems really far fetched. Unless I forget something major Magne got hardly any character development or backstory. Assuming her aligment has anything to do with her sex, gender, lack of money... is as far as I remember not remotely supported by the narrative. I guess the comparison with Tiger is kind of fair, but considering neither is much of a character...
    Yeah, I'm not sure that's the direction of causality.

It's more likely Magne couldn't get the support required to physically transition because she was a wanted criminal. Magne had a rap sheet as long as your arm before she joined the League of Villains, so was cut off from a lot of normal social services.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought that was something that's basically all but stated outright?
    More or less. All the signs are there if Dabi is the son of Endeavor, yet it has not been confirmed by Text outright so far. But it does have A => B => C => D we just need for the text to confirm these => connections, like webbing that the audience sees but it is made explicit.

After all Dabi could just be a fire user with no relations to Dabi. Sometimes writters do that misdirection stuff
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground

I feel for Twice, but dude is still with the League, and they are garbage. So unless he splits off from them he is just as much a murdering scumbag as the rest of them are.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    To be clear, I don't think Twice is innocent or that his affiliation with the League is the best thing for him. It's just that he's obviously not all there, due to the trauma of having himself kill himself multiple times, which to my mind hinders his ability to make the best decisions.

Now he's fully accountable for the choices he made up to that point (petty crimes, bossing around his own clones), but his impaired judgment in the present prevents him from doing the best thing, instead defaulting to finding birds of a feather. Hence his attachment to the League; note that he's the one most openly emotional in expressing concern for Magne's death, Compress' arm, Giran's kidnapping, and now Toga. This compassion for his comrades is part of his appeal, for me anyway.

Some villains make you want to punch them real hard in their evil faces, while others you're fine if they just stop doing bad things and maybe make up for bad things already done. For me, Twice falls under the second category. That's a personal thing, obviously.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ettin in the Playground

Has Twice actually killed anyone (that wasn't the Mutant!KKK? Or... himself (and technically he didn't even kill any of his clones- he was tied to a chair)

17. - Top - End - #1307

Has Twice actually killed anyone (that wasn't the Mutant!KKK? Or... himself (and technically he didn't even kill any of his clones- he was tied to a chair)
    Twice has killed no one, and is honestly super tragic. A dude who, yes, did use his ability to cheat the system by working multiple jobs under the table so he could live well (I don't actually think this is bad in any real sense) who then got beaten up, tied up by his clones, and then had to watch them kill each other, after axing him in the head so hard it split his brain in half, giving him permanent brain damage that makes him completely unable to function unless he wears something over his face that stops him from seeing any actual features of his face.

All the villains in the League of Villains have good motives that explain why they are like they are, but Twice is the only one who really has no say in what he's doing due to the very real literal brain damage he received.

Anyway, I think Twice will be fine. Someone will come rescue him, possibly Mr Compress, or maybe Twice will be able to fight back thanks to the lucky handkerchief that Toga gave him. If they DO acquire Twice though, that means that Curious' death isn't actually that big a deal, since a fully liberated Twice would probably just be able to remake her completely.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    All the villains in the League of Villains have good motives that explain why they are like they are..
    Uhm... No. Well. Kind of? I guess?
    I mean, we don't know too much about all of them.
    We have two who should probably seek counseling or other professional advice, one who got quite literally brain washed (and who might have the most destined to be a villain power in the series), one who decided because some people are racist towards him (even though as far as we know society at large isn't) he'd become a criminal, and finally one who basically has a ****ty cop dad so to spite him he'll burn people for fun.
    I mean, those are reasons but good reasons?
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #1309

I mean yeah those are good motives.

Also Spinner probably didn't actually do real crimes until the Stain event happened. At most he probably did some shoplifting. Someone who's lived in a racist town being shown someone wants to make the world good (through ill means) would inspire him to act.

Toga and Twice definitely need mental health and extremely were failed by the system. Magnes may have been as well (but that might just be me latching onto the idea that Magnes did her villainy due to lash back at the world).

Dabi is, if he is Endeavor's kid (he absolutely is) the eldest in that family. He has blue flames, which are hotter than regular flames. It's entirely possible Endeavor abused Dabi EXTREMELY badly.

Kurogiri and Compress are the only villains in the League of Villains who don't have an at least compelling motive, at least to me.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

I guess the question of 'what is a good motivation to be a evil' is a rather big question to ask but...
    Spinner I guess has two motivations, but neither being the victim of his village's backwards people nor his distorted view of Stain's code are good ones. I'm not even exactly sure what the latter is... Destroy society and hope the next turns out better?
    The next is a touchy subject but imo 'I have a mental illness (and didn't seek help or got poor help)' is at best an excuse / justification.
    But 'daddy was mean to me', no matter how mean, doesn't even qualify as that. One might argue his perception of right and wrong got damaged by this but I don't think that's supported by the story. He knows full well what he is doing and he is doing it to spite / get back at his dad. He's killing people to teach his father it's not okay to mistreat your child.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #1311

I guess the question of 'what is a good motivation to be a evil' is a rather big question to ask but...
    Spinner I guess has two motivations, but neither being the victim of his village's backwards people nor his distorted view of Stain's code are good ones. I'm not even exactly sure what the latter is... Destroy society and hope the next turns out better?
    The next is a touchy subject but imo 'I have a mental illness (and didn't seek help or got poor help)' is at best an excuse / justification.
    But 'daddy was mean to me', no matter how mean, doesn't even qualify as that. One might argue his perception of right and wrong got damaged by this but I don't think that's supported by the story. He knows full well what he is doing and he is doing it to spite / get back at his dad. He's killing people to teach his father it's not okay to mistreat your child.
    I mean I should note that just because I find them good motives doesn't mean I'm on their side in any sense. Dabi is to Azula what Shoto is to Zeku, he's a psychopathetic murderer who probably can't be redeemed in any real sense.

And to be fair to Twice and Toga, Twice couldn't really go get help since his situation made it impossible, and Toga was denied the ability to seek help due to her parents.

Meanwhile Spinner is someone who wants justice, but is on a dark path. It's hard to discuss Spinner since before, when he was just a fanboy, we could argue that he's just misunderstanding Stain's will. But with the addition of "hey he was raised in a pretty racist town because Japan still has a lot of problems regarding that" it makes it really hard to discuss on this forum, and becomes a lot harder to think about. He's still on a dark path, but I've never really been sure if killing racists is actually bad or not. Like, the League being evil or not, the quirk-KKK being slaughtered was a good act.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

Spinner is here because he wants to do something to change society but knows f**kall about how to go about that. Then lo and behold Stain shows up and does something big and loud that draws a whole lot of attention to something he was trying to change, so Spinner just kind of went along with that. And that's how he got here.

Spinner is basically "SJW" culture mixed with Millenial Directionlessness

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

I think our definition of 'good motive' is the problem here. From a story telling point it is fine, pretty standard, 'it works'. As a motive that could convince me to agree with him / them or at least make me see how a good person could get to do this, it fails. For me, anyway.

I think we talked about this before, but short of an emergency / self defense (and a few other cases) I don't think killing someone ever qualifies as a good act, no matter how terrible a person your victim is.

I think John quite accurately describes my feelings towards Spinner.. His poor past is not a good reason for his decisions and his admiration for Stain fails completely because he seems to have no idea what Stain wanted, so he doesn't know what he wants either. (or I guess he kind of knows what he wants but has no idea how to get there)
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

And to be fair to Twice and Toga, Twice couldn't really go get help since his situation made it impossible, and Toga was denied the ability to seek help due to her parents.
    Nothing really stopped Twice from getting help. Except perhaps being a criminal.
    And even that should likely not have been to much of an issue, since he were likely a minor one.

Toga has less of an excuse. Her parents were aiding her. But nothing stopped her seeking aid somewhere else.

Meanwhile Spinner is someone who wants justice, but is on a dark path. It's hard to discuss Spinner since before, when he was just a fanboy, we could argue that he's just misunderstanding Stain's will. But with the addition of "hey he was raised in a pretty racist town because Japan still has a lot of problems regarding that" it makes it really hard to discuss on this forum, and becomes a lot harder to think about. He's still on a dark path, but I've never really been sure if killing racists is actually bad or not. Like, the League being evil or not, the quirk-KKK being slaughtered was a good act.
    And of course its a bad act. Murder and/or assult is severe crimes.

If Endevor were the father, then its unlikely he would have done anything besides neglegting Dabi.
    Since Dabi does not have the perfect combination of Quirks that Todoroki has. I doubt anyone has had it worse than him, and he became a hero.
    So Dabi has -no- excuse.

25. - Top - End - #1315

Nothing really stopped Twice from getting help. Except perhaps being a criminal.
    And even that should likely not have been to much of an issue, since he were likely a minor one.

Toga has less of an excuse. Her parents were aiding her. But nothing stopped her seeking aid somewhere else.

If Endevor were the father, then its unlikely he would have done anything besides neglegting Dabi.
    Since Dabi does not have the perfect combination of Quirks that Todoroki has. I doubt anyone has had it worse than him, and he became a hero.
    So Dabi has -no- excuse.
    He can't actually function without his face covered, and even then he's actually entirely broken?

Toga's help was "just hide your impulses like a good little girl" and that is awful.

It might be that Dabi's specific blue flames where something Endeavor though was "worth trying to use".

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, something definitely did stop her- the fact that she was a child. Hell, in most countries still is a child. Not like she could have just. Made her own appointment with a psychiatrist at the tender age of 4.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Titan in the Playground

He can't actually function without his face covered, and even then he's actually entirely broken?
    Thats not going to stop him from getting aid.

Toga's help was "just hide your impulses like a good little girl" and that is awful.
    Oh, something definitely did stop her- the fact that she was a child. Hell, in most countries still is a child. Not like she could have just. Made her own appointment with a psychiatrist at the tender age of 4.
    Did absolutely not stop her in any way. She dont need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist to get help.
    She could at any time have stopped up by a school councilor. From all we have seen, the only thing her parents did were forbid her from drinking blood.
    Else she had a normal childhood.

It might be that Dabi's specific blue flames where something Endeavor though was "worth trying to use".
    Might also be that he is just bat **** crazy. With no excuse for his atrocities.
    Endevor did could to the realisation that the gasp between him and the #1 Hero were utterly impossible to bridge no matter how hard he worked or trained.
    To a degree where he directly sought the one quirk that would offer the ultimate mutual synergy with his own.
    That makes it extremely unlikely that he would bother with Endevor 1.1 when he new he needed 2.0 to have a chance of surpassing AM.

28. - Top - End - #1318

Thats not going to stop him from getting aid.

Did absolutely not stop her in any way. She dont need to make an appointment with a psychiatrist to get help.
    She could at any time have stopped up by a school councilor. From all we have seen, the only thing her parents did were forbid her from drinking blood.
    Else she had a normal childhood.
    You have no idea what it's like to be mentally handicapped or abused by your parents if you think Twice and Toga could just go themselves.

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ettin in the Playground

How was she supposed to know that her compulsion was something that she needed help with? All her parents are telling her is that this thing she's doing is wrong and she should stop it, and she listens to them, because she's a child and they're her parents.

And lemme tell ya, my parents did the same thing to me when I used to stim by stretching out my eyelid and jaw muscles. It made me look "weird," so they told me to stop it, because what am I ret*rded or something? And I didnt know it was something I should bring up to my teacher or the mental health counselor (which. didnt exist. because I was in elementary school and they don't tend to have too many of those). I just knew what my parents told me- It's a thing I'm doing wrong and I have to stop.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2019-05-20 at 04:21 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

Toga personally terrifies me to the point I don’t feel I can give her a fair appraisal when it comes to if she is just bad or if some kind of intervention could have made her into not a serial killer. Twice I feel sorry for but he is still accessory to the crimes of the League, who I think of as being just the worst kind of murdering terrorists. In particular I think Spinner is a total moron because I think Stain had zero redeeming qualities and his entire philosophy was stupid from the ground up and not some “You have a point but are an *******” type situation. Anyone who idolizes him enough to follow around a monster like Shigaraki gets pretty much nothing but my contempt.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.