New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default What do these stats look like?

Lawbringer Aasimar Cleric (Celestial Vessel) of Desna
    Travel Domain
    Liberation Domain
    Chaotic Good
    +2 all fortitude saves (great fortitude feat)
    +2 trait bonus on all saving throws vs disease

7 str
    7 dex
    20 con
    7 int
    20 wis
    8 cha
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2018-02-11 at 12:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: What do these stats look like?

Looks like a munchkin.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

The character is pretty physically imposing. Maybe skinny as a rail, but not lithe and graceful. The kind of clumsy kind of skinny. However, this person can take a hit like a champ. The kind of person who gets back up again out of just dumb stubbornness. Oddly never gets sick either. The whole village could come down with the plague, and this one would catch a 24-hour cold from it.

Even though this person is really very simple, and not really all that endearing either, there is a quiet kind of understanding in them. They might not know a lot, but they see a lot. hear a lot. Maybe having all that book learning really kind of makes a background noise that stops you from paying attention to the important things. The subtle change in the wind, when a predator comes along. The way someone's eye twitches when they tell a lie, or how to forage for food when it's all gone.

This person ain't tied down to any one place or any one person either. Everyone brags about how much gold they have, or where they live, or how many friends they have. Unimportant. Are you FREE? Can you really take in and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL world in all its...splendor? Yeah, that's the word for it. This person doesn't know that many huge words, but that's one that they heard from the temple leader one day when he was preachin about how great Desna is. And that splendor is something to appreciate, and something to fight for, and even the scrawniest, goofiest, weakest kid in the village can realize that it's worth it. It's the only thing that is... To live for that experience, that ragamuffin can really show some real grit and stickumtoitness .

That would be my take

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMVerdandi View Post
    The character is pretty physically imposing. Maybe skinny as a rail, but not lithe and graceful. The kind of clumsy kind of skinny. However, this person can take a hit like a champ.
    I imagined it as the reverse - plump rather than skinny, but with rather scrawny arms and clumsy fingers.

Homer Simpson maybe? With a personality closer to Forrest Gump?
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2018-02-11 at 01:17 PM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

I actually played a character much like this, a human cleric, a overweight fellow. He was obese, relaxed and slow moving. Friendly, looked a little slow maybe, but was perceptive and wise.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daefos View Post
    Looks like a munchkin.
    Seconding this, those stats are the definition of min-maxed.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by DMVerdandi View Post
    The character is pretty physically imposing. Maybe skinny as a rail, but not lithe and graceful. The kind of clumsy kind of skinny. However, this person can take a hit like a champ. The kind of person who gets back up again out of just dumb stubbornness. Oddly never gets sick either. The whole village could come down with the plague, and this one would catch a 24-hour cold from it.

Even though this person is really very simple, and not really all that endearing either, there is a quiet kind of understanding in them. They might not know a lot, but they see a lot. hear a lot. Maybe having all that book learning really kind of makes a background noise that stops you from paying attention to the important things. The subtle change in the wind, when a predator comes along. The way someone's eye twitches when they tell a lie, or how to forage for food when it's all gone.

This person ain't tied down to any one place or any one person either. Everyone brags about how much gold they have, or where they live, or how many friends they have. Unimportant. Are you FREE? Can you really take in and enjoy the BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL world in all its...splendor? Yeah, that's the word for it. This person doesn't know that many huge words, but that's one that they heard from the temple leader one day when he was preachin about how great Desna is. And that splendor is something to appreciate, and something to fight for, and even the scrawniest, goofiest, weakest kid in the village can realize that it's worth it. It's the only thing that is... To live for that experience, that ragamuffin can really show some real grit and stickumtoitness .

That would be my take
    I read this, and really got an amazing picture of this character in my head. Very well written :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Regardless of what happened, I welcome WeaselGuy's Weasel into our little community.
    My Extended Sig!

Weaselguy's Index of Handbooks and Guides (3.x Ed)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

My very first 3.5 Cleric had stats oddly similar to this, as a result of some rather eccentric rolls. Not quite so extreme, but close enough.

He was an absolute pain to play at low levels.