New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC

Shifting from Anika to Felidae, Kennoch sized her up, impressed by her gear. Absalom's general, I'm sure. She's humble for an officer, but perhaps that bolter does her bragging for her.

"Sadly, all too common sadly too common in this deadly galaxy galaxy deadly galaxy. But sometimes, sometimes we must use force must force to bring peace and order order order order."

But if Felidae struck him as odd, then Hannabel put him back on his heels. Echo went silent for a moment, plainly unsure of what to make of her; his bodyguards tensed at her questions, which straddled the line between familiarity and disrespect.

"Ahhhh...yes, yes yes. My suit suit and my voice voice voice voice voice my voice are for true true. To account for both, account both the Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp! is cruel to we mortals, cruel cruel is cruel as you must know must know."

The "pretty monkey" posed briefly, realizing that he was again the center of attention. "What is any friend for friend for friend?" Echo asked. "I suppose suppose Mr. Wah Dell may serve serve serve as a scout, perhaps scout perhaps. Another pair pair of keen eyes keen keen eyes for the Lord-Commander Lord-Commander Lord-Commander."

Hannabel had drawn Kennoch's notice to Ravia, too. Good, the rumors were correct: they have a skilled Magos. She may soon prove useful, if I am able to enlist her help.

"I hope there is no problem, problem problem. Well met, Magos Magos well well well. May the Omnissiah Omnissiah Omnissiah grant us fortune grant fortune."
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika grinned at Hannabel's questions. Hopefully she could bring her along to all such formal occasions. At the moment she is frankly more interested in watching the monkey. Taking it apart to see how worked was probably out of the question as she didn't want to break it.

She was going to avoid mentioning Echo's voice out of politeness but since it had come up. 'He's probably lucky that voice is the only consequence of staring into the warp. Although I have to wonder if those echoes occasionally say other things?'

'Oh and the monkey doesn't need to do anything. It's basically a work of art that follows you around.'

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Magos? Why aren't you talking to the Navigator?
    Because she isn't there. Its transpired that she has sent along a terrified junior adept who was instructed to keep quiet and look the part without much thought in that someone might talk to "her"

Having better things to do than meet with some navis personage, they after all had a selection of them and the only one she had much time for was the one she had helped down on that icy ocean world, so she had set off to the area that accounted for the port's Mechcanicus holdings for their more public aspect to see about gaining access to Altar-Templum-Calixis-Ext-17 and to acquire some new hardware.

++Navigators.. essh they are everywhere on every ship of importance and whats one more of the buggers, except as a source of data++
    Last edited by Leon; 2019-10-13 at 03:09 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Upon returning to the Manticore's Sting, with Echo's gift of gemstones in tow, Macharius found there were two messages waiting for him. The first was an astropathic communique, arrived recently from Captain Jonell. The second was printed - on actual paper, no less - and had been hand-delivered shortly after his party left to meet with their new Navigator. The courier hadn't stuck around to answer questions, hurrying off as soon as the card was delivered.

Spoiler: From Captain Jonell
    Show
    Captain Macharius Absalom,

Hope I find you well! I've just arrived back from Calixis, with a hold full of colonists. Will be heading off to inspect the holdings, but I'd very much like a chance to speak with you first. I'll be arriving at the site of our mutual venture shortly - can't say how long exactly, the damnable warp being what it is, eh? Managed to convince the cogheads over at the Lathes that this'll be a venture worthy of their time, so we ought to have some extra support coming in. Still quite a few things I'd like to see, but little steps and all that.

Looking forwards to hearing back from you,
    Captain Cade Jonell

Spoiler: From Calligos Winterscale
    Show
    To Lord Captain Macharius Absalom,
    Holder of the Absalom Warrant of Trade

You are hereby cordially invited to Winterscale Palace, to attend a grand fête celebrating the achievements of the Winterscale Dynasty.
    Festivities to include:
    - Grand Auction: Relics, curios, and trinkets previously collected across hundreds of expeditions, all to the highest bidder
    - Hunting Excursions: The forests and mountains around Winterscale Palace are teeming with xenos beasts worthy of the greatest hunters.
    - Banquet: Delicacies from across the Expanse and beyond
    The date was set for a few months from present. Undoubtedly Winterscale had sent these all far in advance, to ensure they would actually have time to reach their intended recipients.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2019-10-13 at 08:02 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #1415

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'He's probably lucky that voice is the only consequence of staring into the warp. Although I have to wonder if those echoes occasionally say other things?'
    "No, thank the Emperor no Emperor Emperor," Echo was quick to assure her. "That would be would be of much greater concern much concern."

'Oh and the monkey doesn't need to do anything. It's basically a work of art that follows you around.'
    Mr. Wah Dell gave Anika an almost bashful look before loping away again. "You are you too kind kind kind," his master chuckled. "But, as you you share my appreciation share my for works of the Mechanicus, of the Mechanicus perhaps you might might might accompany me me me me to their enclave? their enclave? I could use a Seneschal's use Seneschal's expertise in purchasing some cybernetics purchasing cybernetics."

And so, perhaps with--even more--company, Kennoch and his entourage left to conduct this business before their new ship departed. Kennoch wasn't about to trust his personal safety to some back-alley heretek, ethics aside; he intended to go straight to the source.

I only hope that the corruption of wretched Footfall hasn't seeped its tendrils into the Mechanicus's local chapter...

He was, however, a bit less picky when it came to the gear of his bodyguards. Along the way, he browsed the shady markets for a few upgrades. He particularly wanted a set of the local void-suits--while not comparable to his own, the Footfall variety was perhaps one of this station's few accomplishments in Echo's eyes--but grenades were also on his list. Curiously, only of the non-lethal variety.

Spoiler: Shopping
    Show
    Let's see if I can get the Rings some new goodies. Grenades restock at the beginning of a new adventure/trip to port, yeah? So a Trivial number of them could provide a grenade for each of the 5 assassins, I'm assuming/hoping.

Footfall Pattern Voidsuit: (1d100)[31] (PF42, Scarce +0, Trivial +20 = 62)
    Web Grenades: (1d100)[73] (PF42, Scarce +0, Trivial +20 = 62)
    Stun Grenades: (1d100)[38] (PF42, Scarce +0, Trivial +20 = 62)
    Howler Grenades: (1d100)[50] (PF42, Scarce +0, Trivial +20 = 62)

When they arrived at whatever sanctuary the Mechanicus maintained here, Kennoch sent Isund in to announce him and request a meeting with a Tech-Priest of suitable rank. He intended to purchase implants only of good quality worthy of his station and had no interest in haggling with whatever apprentices usually held the common Footfall scum at a distance.

~ Sophistemon

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Because she isn't there. Its transpired that she has sent along a terrified junior adept who was instructed to keep quiet and look the part without much thought in that someone might talk to "her"
    "Zero!!?? I mean, Zavin? You...what? But...Ooooh! Ooooooh!" Hannabel starts grinning manically when she realizes Ravia's deception, then builds from an impolite snigger to howling gales of laughter. "Look, Lord Commander! It's Zero! I mean, Junior Tech Adept Zavin! Not Magos Ravia at all! Had me fooled all the way! Isn't that just the grandest jest?"

"Ahhhh...yes, yes yes. My suit suit and my voice voice voice voice voice my voice are for true true. To account for both, account both the Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp Warp! is cruel to we mortals, cruel cruel is cruel as you must know must know."

The "pretty monkey" posed briefly, realizing that he was again the center of attention. "What is any friend for friend for friend?" Echo asked. "I suppose suppose Mr. Wah Dell may serve serve serve as a scout, perhaps scout perhaps. Another pair pair of keen eyes keen keen eyes for the Lord-Commander Lord-Commander Lord-Commander."

--
    She was going to avoid mentioning Echo's voice out of politeness but since it had come up. 'He's probably lucky that voice is the only consequence of staring into the warp. Although I have to wonder if those echoes occasionally say other things?'

"Ah, the Warp! Of course!" Hannabel answers, nodding sagely. "I mean, it's not like I've never met a Navigator before or nuthin', I just never met one that sounds like you before. Must be hard for you, eh, repeating yourself all the time?" Glancing over at Macharius, Hannabel whispers theatrically to Anika. "I mean, you'd have to really love the sound of your own voice not to lose it completely with a condition like that..."

"So Mr. Wah Dell is a...pet? Does he like treats?"

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius chuckles. It sounds ever so slightly forced. Ha. Charming jest, indeed. Shall we be off? Hannabel, you can talk to Lord Castermire later if you so wish. And if he does not object.

---------------------------------------

Macharius reads the letters eagerly. Williams! Do make sure my wardrobe is updated before we arrive at the party. Tell the spymaster to have his agents in Scintilla send us daily updates on the styles of the court. This will be the social event of the season, and we must be the height of fashion. He pauses for a moment. Yes, we shall have to arrange for the others, won't we? Magos Ravia is all right, very Mechanicus-chic, and of course Lady Vanhal and Lord Castermire will know how to dress, but the others are a tad concerning. Coordinate with Lady Vanhal and Lord Castermire's staff to see what they want for the party, and make arrangements to have clothes made for Mistress Shanx and Felidae. I'm not even sure Felidae owns non-armored clothes.

-----------------------------------------------

Macharius calls the command staff together. All right then, chaps, hope you enjoyed your little holiday! We're off for the next grand adventure. Captain Jonell wants to meet with us at Port Davis, and we can drop off our salvage while we're there. We have also been invited to a grand party for the Winterscale Dynasty, to occur in several months. Hannabel, Felidae, Master Williams will arrange etiquette lessons. It will be quite the event. Nothing like a good party, what?
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2019-10-14 at 07:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

To Hannabel, 'You have to wonder if Ravia's done this before.

To Echo, 'If you think it would help, although I should say that I mostly dabble with machines. If you spend much of your life on voidships it can be handy to know how to fix things. On the cybernetics I'd personally rather wait until I absolutely needed them, but I suppose I can learn.' Anika will go with Echo to speak to the Mechanicus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Macharius after recovering her composure. 'Winterscale is impressive. I mean...it will be an experience, but what does he want with us, or is he rich enough that he can invite anyone he finds interesting.'

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Anika and Echo

Finding the Mechanicus was always easy enough. Getting access was more challenging, but once they had explained that they were in the market for cybernetics, and wished to speak to a supplier, the priesthood of Mars was far more accomodating than they would have been otherwise. There was the usual back and forth of 'the mysteries of the Omnissiah are not for sale' and 'donation to the priesthood in exchange for material favours,' and then they were ushered in to a small antechamber decorated with cogwheel iconography and told to wait. Refreshments were not provided.

Before too long, however, a Tech-Priest introducing himself as Factor Ignatius emerged to greet them. This particular priest was less augmented than most, still possessing much of his natural face, and also seemed to have skipped whichever rite removed interpersonal skills.

"Hello, welcome. I'm told you wish to discuss personal augmentation?"

Macharius

Williams hurried off to have Macharius' requests obeyed at once. There were a number of excellent tailors available in Footfall, usually serving whichever members of the elite had elected to purchase permanent dwelling places within the settlement. Less than an hour after Williams had vanished to make inquiries, several of these sent servants to the docks to deliver calling-cards. Unlike Winterscale's invitation, these were holo-wafers instead of gilded paper.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #1420

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "So Mr. Wah Dell is a...pet? Does he like treats?"
    On his way out, Kennoch shook his head. "Please do not do not not not. As you see, see see he is as much machine as flesh machine as flesh. His diet diet is very precise very precise. But, should he acclimate to you, you you you he may permit permit you to scratch beneath his chin scratch chin. It is his favorite spot favorite his favorite."

The Mechanicus

Like Hannabel, Ignatius struck Echo as a weird one, but not truly unpleasant; although the Navis had personal experience with the Machine-Cult, he remained an outsider and didn't really understand this man's rank or duties and the consequences thereof. Still, Ignatius was apparently worth his time, and Kennoch was pleased to have a meeting relatively easily, even if it seemed unexpectedly warm thus far.

"Indeed so, honored Factor Factor Factor. For the flesh is weak, weak flesh but the Omnissiah's blessings are eternal Omnissiah's eternal."

Spoiler: Shopping, Part II
    Show
    Looking for a Good-quality Mind Impulse Unit, first and foremost. And then an MIU Weapon Interface (quality doesn't appear to make a difference) to fit my Hellpistol, and, just because I think they're cool and want to hedge my bets on getting at least one upgrade, a Memorance Implant.

Mind Impulse Unit: (1d100)[17] (PF42, Rare -10, Good -10, Negligible +30 = 52)
    MIU Weapon Interface: (1d100)[26] (PF42, Rare -10, Negligible +30 = 62)
    Memorance Implant: (1d100)[39] (PF42, Rare -10, Negligible +30 = 62)

The Manticore's Sting

"Even I have heard even heard of Winterscale Winterscale Winterscale Winterscale," Echo murmured, and he'd only been in the Expanse for a matter of weeks. Of course, intrigue and even danger were to be expected when Rogue Traders gathered, but the rewards were worth the risk. Promise of this grand auction particularly intrigued Echo. At the same time, he felt some anxiety, not at the possibility of a clever trap, but simply at having to appear in public without his treasured void-suit. It might be fancy enough to avoid embarrassment, but it was also far too clunky. Kennoch could just imagine himself reaching for a glass of amasec--how would he drink it, anyway?--and knocking over the tray, and maybe the servant holding it. And Emperor save him if he was expected to dance. No, he'd require something special for the occasion. The robes he wore in private were too revealing for his standards, but he already had some ideas to discuss with the tailors.

When Williams was taking those requests, Kennoch passed along another one. A last-minute purchase that could prove useful for the festivities. He wasn't a hunter himself, but this talk of xeno-beasts made him think of other opportunities.

Spoiler: Shopping, Part III
    Show
    Pretty sure I know where my next familiar is coming from! Gonna try for a Best-quality, Average-sized beast cage from Hostile Acquisitions. They're specified as having stasis fields. And if they work for humans instead of just animals, then I'll have another use for this, if we ever run into Echo's evil renegade cousins.

Beast Cage (Average-Size): (1d100)[8] (PF42, Common +20, Best -30, Negligible +30 = 62)
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2019-10-15 at 04:33 PM.

~ Sophistemon

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Don't worry, Lord Navigator! I'll be gentle!" Hannabel laughs, but decides to leave Mr. Wah Dell alone for the moment. There'll be plenty of time to get to know you better, pretty shiny monkey, she thinks.

As everyone goes their separate ways, Hannabel heads to her usual suppliers of arms and curios to see if they have anything interesting in stock and then goes looking for Grig and his clan of Kroot.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

Mechanicus

Anika will hang around and make idle conversation about how the augmentations actually worked. Presumably you had to be as much a medicae to actually install those things, but it would be gratifying to see how much of the conversation she could follow as an outsider to the Mechanicus.

The Sting

After dwelling on Winterscale, 'The other question is who else is likely to be at this party? Nobility I can deal with if I really have to, but there's always the possibility that someone who doesn't like us might be invited to this thing, especially if Winterscale isn't always the discerning type. Perhaps we should find out how Captain Quinn is doing?'

Footfall Business

Anika will go looking for news in some of the bars of Footfall. There might be an easier way to do this but in theory most general news was likely to pass through here at some point.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I can add people to ask about here if anyone has requests.

Inquiry for news of Quinn
    vs. Fel 47 (+10 for Peer Underworld?)
    (1d100)[30]

Same for Captain Mission (who I forgot to ask about last time)
    vs. Fel 47 (+10 for Peer Underworld?)
    (1d100)[87]

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Anika and Echo

"Ah, yes. I think we could provide all of that for you," the Factor said with a smile. "Will you be requiring installation services, as well? We offer facilities far superior to those you'll find anywhere else on Footfall, I can assure you. A successful rite of installation requires proper obeisance to the Omnissiah, for his blessing."

Ignatius did not seem disappointed that they had access to quality medical facilities aboard their ship, and a Magos to oversee the procedure. Anika got the distinct impression that, as a Factor, this man was among the most socially adept the Mechanicus had, and probably dealt with all of the requests from outsiders to the cult that were still sufficiently important to warrant attention. He explained a little regarding the operation of the devices Echo had purchased, though he stopped short of detailling precisely how they worked. Friendly or not, the mysteries of the Omnissiah were not for the uninitiated.

Anika

Nobody that Anika could find knew anything concrete about Captain Misson. Or, nothing that she hadn't picked up already, in any case. You got the usual set of bar-room tales and outrageous rumours, but very little of any actual substance. On Quinn, more information was available. One of her usual contacts, a cold-trade broker whose real name she had never learned, gave her the story after she'd bought him a drink.

"Oh yeah, he's figured out what your lot pulled," the man said, flashing solid gold teeth at her. "Right steaming, he is. The Talon's a small ship, but still a ship, and he'd be very happy to take her back from you. I don't think he'll abandon his other endeavours to do it, but given the opportunity..." He shrugged, finished his drink and waggled the empty mug suggestively. When it had been refilled he continued.

"Just keep an eye out. He's been sending out some feelers, trying to figure out what you're up to. It's a big Expanse, you can probably dodge him right up 'til Winterscale's bash, if you want."

The information was corroborated by a few other sources, so it was likely good.

Hannabel

Most of what the Footfall arms dealers had in stock was standard fare. There was the usual array of las-weaponry, shotguns, autoguns and armour of varying levels of protection and quality. One of them actually had on display a full set of Medieval-style plate armour, imported from some Calixis backwater. The armour was beautiful, constructed of fluted plates inlaid with delicate gold filigree, and set with blood red gemstones on the breastplate and gauntlets. It was undoubtedly more stylish than functional - despite the quality, the armour was made of mere steel, and would be only marginally effective against modern weaponry. A different dealer showed her a case filled with carved wooden walking sticks, shod with adamantium and featuring a variety of ornate handles. Each was also a weapon, the shaft concealing a Lathe-forged rapier blade of exceptional workmanship.

Unfortunately, her efforts to locate Grig and his band were less successful. Asking around the markets revealed that the Kroot had been hired by an unknown party not long after she last left.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    In case you're interested, I prerolled a couple Acquisition tests: You can afford either the armour or a sword-cane, but not both.

The armour is Best-Craftsmanship Feudal World Plate. It offers Armour 6 All (Primitive). The gauntlets have been constructed to work like recoil gauntlets, and it has an upgrade that gives +2 armour if the attack that hits is Rending or Explosive type. Primitive armour halves its value before being reduced by a weapon's AP, so I take this to mean that all modifiers ought to be applied after the value is halved.

The sword-canes are just a Swordstick Cane with the Lathe-Blade upgrade from Inquisitor's Handbook. They're 1d10+2 AP3 Rending, +10 to hit, Balanced. They can't be destroyed by weapons with the Power Field quality. You may pick one with the handle ornamentation of your choice.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #1424

Having acquired a herd of CATS and a new lock-pick as well as having submitted a request to travel to the actual Mechcanicus Temple to see about some upgrades, Ravia would return to overseeing what needed to be done for the repair of the ships in port.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

A little disappointed at having missed the Kroot, Hannabel consoles herself with shopping, but here too, the returns are sparse. She finally settles on a nice new sword cane for the Winterscale bash, before returning to the Manticore' Sting for the night cycle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lathe blades, eh? I was actually going to go shopping for a falchion with the Lathe blade upgrade once Hannabel's boosted her WS a bit more, but a sword cane should do as a concealed weapon for the Winterscale event.

And to be honest, I wasn't actually looking for more acquisitions beyond the ones I've already rolled this time around. This was just meant as an IC justification for the new gear. But hey, a Lathe blade! Not saying no to that.

16. - Top - End - #1426

Lizardfolk

The Mechanicus

Echo gleefully watched as a variety of components were packed into secure, decorative containers. Each of his bodyguards took one and made ready to transport them to the Sting's medicae deck, to await Magos Ravia's return.

"Meaning no disrespect no disrespect to this sanctuary, this sanctuary a Navigator Navigator Navigator should undergo this evolution undergo evolution shipbound in the light shipbound of the Astronomican the Astronomican Astronomican Astronomican. But I will surely return, return will surely and I thank you thank you thank you for your guidance, guidance honored Factor Factor Factor Factor."

The Manticore's Sting

Posed like an ornate statue, Kennoch listened as Anika described the party's host. Winterscale seemed more complex, dangerous, and yet full of opportunity than the Navigator expected. Echo also asked about this Quinn man--more Rogue than Trader, from what Kennoch gathered--and their ally Jonell. He was delighted to learn of Port Davis; it might be a work in progress, but it had much promise. A well-stocked safe haven in the Expanse, an alternative to Footfall, could prove invaluable.

"What should be our tactic what tactic when approaching Winterscale Winterscale Winterscale? I suggest we take care take care with any bargain bargain. This sounds like a man sounds like who does not make allies, make allies but rather, rather either enemies or vassals enemies vassals. His pockets pockets are so deep are so they may as well be quicksand quicksand quicksand may well. Best not fall in fall in best not.

"Hmmm--what if Captain Jonell Captain Jonell Jonell is also invited invited? Perhaps we could perhaps negotiate together, from a position together together of greater strength greater strength. Offer our combined might combined in a service service for Winterscale, in exchange Winterscale Winterscale exchange for some boon boon to Port Davis Port Davis or our colonies colonies colonies. But we should precisely define precisely define our terms terms terms terms."

Kennoch looked around the room to judge everyone's thoughts, particularly the Lord-Commander's.

~ Sophistemon

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

+++ Episode 5 +++

Once everyone had returned to the Sting, and what repairs were possible had been done, the Absalom fleet, plus Captain Torgan, broke anchor and set sail, making the now-familiar jump to Port Davis.

On arrival, they found everything much as they had last left it, with the exception of one extra ship in orbit. The Mailed Fist was already here, and the furious activity around her docking bays suggested she was quite occupied. A continuous stream of shuttles led from Jonell's ship to the planet and back again, ferrying men and supplies to the surface at a fairly constant speed. The Terminus floated in the void nearby, an ominous sentinel, silently watching the true beginning of the shipyards that were to restore her. There was already some new construction beginning on the asteroid station, swarms of men and women in void suits welding new struts and spars to the main body of the station.

Torgan didn't stick around long. He stopped to offload his cargo at the station, allowed Ravia to wipe his navigational data, and promised not to tell anyone the location of Port Davis until it was ready for business. Then he headed back out of system, jumping to warp out past the asteroid fields. The rest of Macharius' fleet joined the Fist in orbit.

Jonell requested permission to come aboard shortly after their arrival. He arrived with just Ambrose, greeting Macharius and the others warmly. "Proceeding apace, my friends! We'll have things up and running here shortly. Dropped the first prefabs yesterday, been hard at work putting everyone to work ever since!" Laughing at his own joke, he clapped Macharius on the back and gestured out the nearest viewport.

"Going to be a thing of beauty, Absalom! Still needs a few things, but that's why we're here, eh? Why don't you come tell me all about your adventures, while your crew stows all those fancy components you picked up?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #1428

Lizardfolk

From the Sting's spire, Echo looked out the viewport and studied an incomplete Port Davis. It had promise, certainly. He was eager to see it closer, from the inside, but that would have to wait. Then his gaze shifted toward the Terminus, and he couldn't help but gasp. Even in her ragged condition, this ancient and noble vessel took his breath away.

"Beautiful beautiful beautiful," he mumbled to himself. Someday he'd live and serve there. Not to dismiss the Manticore's Sting, but of the two, Echo already had a clear favorite.

He listened silently when Jonell arrived. Kennoch could see why this captain and his own got along; they shared a common disposition. But, for his own part, the Navis was more curious about which of his own kin helped the mustached gentleman survive the unforgiving void.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for fun, what kind of Navigators is Jonell rollin' with?

Forbidden Lore (Navigators) (71): (1d100)[48]

~ Sophistemon

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ettin in the Playground

Earlier

To Echo, 'Well sometimes you have to deal with people like that. Planetary Governors and so forth. We only have to see if we can work out what he wants and act accordingly. Assuming that is that he's not simply inviting anyone who has been making waves in the Expanse.' This was the way the powerful behaved in Anika's experience. 'It's also true that are much scarier people then Winterscale out there.'

-------------------------------

On the way here Anika is still mostly staying in her quarters and reading some of what she picked up at Footfall. If Echo is going to undergo augmentation from Ravia, she will make herself available to watch the procedure.

She will also go looking for someone to practice sword fighting with, whether that was one of the command crew or failing that one of the Praetorians. She had never really bothered taking that seriously since her families lessons, but the Processional had convinced her that she probably should be prepared.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Anika can now speak Eldar, so I'll say she picked up a lot of books in Footfall to help her learn how to do that.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

To Echo, 'Well sometimes you have to deal with people like that. Planetary Governors and so forth. We only have to see if we can work out what he wants and act accordingly. Assuming that is that he's not simply inviting anyone who has been making waves in the Expanse.' This was the way the powerful behaved in Anika's experience. 'It's also true that are much scarier people then Winterscale out there.'
    "I heard he's an angry nutter who doesn't like to get his hands dirty," Hannabel interjects. "Don't know that we'd want a part of whatever he might offer. If we're going to do dark lantern stuff, it should be on our terms, not to brown nose the biggest bully on the block. But we should still totally go to his party - I have a great dress that was just made for an occasion like this!"

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Anika

Almagor still had the power sword Macharius had given him, and was more than happy to give Anika a few lessons. With the field deactivated, of course. He made a point of seeing that the practice room was cleared out beforehand, though. This wasn't like the duel with Felidae, where bets had been placed and money lost. This was a duty he appeared to take far more seriously.

Almagor didn't talk much, usually. When the ship broke warp, though, and the shields over the viewports slid open, Anika noticed that he was among those standing by the great windows looking out at the colony world below. It was huge, she saw, even from up here. A vast ball of blue and green, like a holo of Holy Terra in the ancient times, before the Dark Age of Technology. A world covered in oceans, forests, broad sweeping plains...

Turning away from the viewport at last, Almagor noticed her. "Do you think Captain Jonell has found anything down there?"

Echo

He'd not heard much of Jonell, before coming to the Expanse, and less of the man's Navigator. He was fairly sure, however, that it was one of the nomadic houses - Brabazon, maybe - with little in the way of holdings anywhere. Somewhat ironic, given the number of colonies Captain Jonell had established. He had to imagine that the Navigator very rarely went to the sruface to visit, preferring to remain on the ship, among the stars.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius is buzzing with energy on the trip over. It seems surviving the Processional gave him a renewed vigor. He spends hours testing out his new hammer and practicing fighting with it and the sword in a pair, demolishing a number of training servitors. He gathers and reads any information he can possibly find about the Winterscales, so as not to be at a disadvantage at their meeting.

Blunt as ever, Hannabel. But we can't always do business with only the kind and polite. Besides, Chorda is rather a rogue, so it's not entirely surprising that they have a war on. We'll keep our eyes and ears open for the opportunity to make a profit.

--------------------------------------------

Jonell! Good to see you, old chap! Macharius shakes his hand vigorously. He turns to look out the window. Quite the sight, eh? I daresay this little wheeze is turning out quite well. Let me fill you in on our latest doings. He puts his arm around the other captain's shoulder and draws him away from the crowd. When they have some distance, he tells Jonell all about the Processional and what they found.

Quite the trip, all in all. But the God-Emperor protects, and in His light we came away safely. One more thing- it appears Quinn is rather upset by our gambit. Do watch out for him. Tell me, how have things been with you? From your missive, I take it our little joint venture is coming along.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

To Hannabel, 'In fairness the Imperium is built on the work of angry nutters, but we should still absolutely go to the party.'

-------------------------------------

Anika had no expectation of improving but if she trained often enough she could lessen the chances of messing up when it mattered. Her grandfather had said such things and she presumed the Lord General knew what he was talking about.

To Almagor, 'In the map room? I would hope he would of had the decency to pass that information on if he had.' Assuming he wasn't worried about who else might hear about it. 'But I'm sure he had his own people check the planet out. Are you worried about anything?'

24. - Top - End - #1434

That the Temple didn't have what she had hoped it would was disappointing for Ravia, however the change at milking one of of the navis for data while installing some implants would be a good remedy for that. Much of her diagnostic equipment was still set up her rooms adjacent to the Medicae deck and with a few more senors and one of the new CATs just to see what it would contribute to the data stream.

Once in theater with the navis on the slab
    ++Now then, this will take a while and you will be under a anesthetics but for some part you will need to be awake++
    ++You have a nasty reverberation, you should see about getting that corrected++

Much of the operation went smoothly however towards the end something with the sanctioned mutants physiology was playing havoc with the blood work and making integration rough, it did mean there was copious blood collected to be analyzed later, not much of it presently would be useful data was likely but given time and cross collation with historical data it may one day prove fruitful.

++There we go, all done, you may have some aches for a while but that is to be with the amount of invasive implants you wanted installed++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Macharius

The two captains retired to one of the audience chambers to talk, captain Jonell bringing with him Ambrose, who waited outside the door, and a small metal case, which he set down by his chair. Jonell was a good listener, and nodded appreciatively at all the appropriate points in Macharius story. He was quite excited to hear about their adventures, and the large haul of salvage they had brought back with them. This on top of the business deals Macharius had made, scooping up the contents of a pair of estate auctions and some additional crew furnishings on the way out of Footfall.

"Quinn is a scoundrel. I'll keep an eye out, but I've the idea we won't see him until Winterscale's party. With luck, not even then, but can't count on that!" Jonell was in a good mood, Macharius could tell. "I've so much to tell you. This whole venture.. well, beyond my wildest dreams, Absalom! Some of it, I can show you."

Jonell removed a roll of parchment from his coat, spreading it out on a nearby table. It turned out to actually be several rolls of parchment, covered with charts, calculations, and survey reports. "There are five major landmasses. The planet is big, so gravity is a little high, but nothing we can't manage. Two of the landmasses are covered in ice, almost completely useless. I've dropped the initial structures here." He pointed to a spot on a roughly sketched map, on what looked to be the largest of the two habitable continents. The third major landmass was actually a broad archipelago, stretching across a huge amount of space in the southern hemisphere.

"So here's the good news. I sent down surveyors, to mark possible mineral deposits and do some deep scans. You remember how the planet was listed as low mineral content? Turns out that's false. There's a huge amount of metal down there, Macharius. Vast deposits, everything from iron to gold, but buried deeper than most augurs can penetrate. The surveyors found a canyon system, and took readings from the bottom of it. I nearly fell out of my chair when they called me. I want to start sinking some shafts, but... well, more on that in a moment."

"More or less good is the variety of animal life down there. There's some very big things on the other continent, that one over there..." he waved a hand at the chart, "but ours is free of them, thankfully. Some of the plants and animals are quite pretty to look at. Haven't had the time for too close a look, though, been busy with getting things set up. Animals can wait. For now there's plenty of food, and that's good enough. Ah, but!"

Jonell looked up from the charts, and grinned widely. "Best for last, my friend. The mapmakers, the ones who led us to this place? They left a couple things behind. Only man-made items on the whole planet, far as we could tell, and believe me, when the surveyors stumbled over them I looked for more." He reached for the case, setting it on the table and placing his thumb on the latch, which sprung open in response to the gene-print. Inside were two items: one, what looked like a folded shirt, grey mesh fabric reinforced with unmarked plates of a strange, matte-black material. The other was clearly a multicompass, only smaller than any example Macharius had ever seen. It had a gold case, untarnished by age, and inlaid with chips of shimmering blue crystal. The face was mother of pearl, encrusted with dozens of tiny precious stones in red and blue.

"Which one do you want?"

Anika

"Not worried," Almagor said, shaking his head. "Curious. It's a whole world, down there. Huge and unexplored. Beasts to hunt, maybe. This colony will grow, turn into a city one day, as humanity spreads across the planet. It seems an interesting place to visit."

It was more than she'd ever heard Almagor say at once, before. He was usually quite withdrawn, but something about the vastness of the planet below them seemed to have sparked some thought.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #1436

Lizardfolk

Before

The day prior to his marathon of surgeries, Kennoch spent his time isolated, fasting, and at prayer. He still felt great excitement, but he had to admit, it was also a bit daunting. Many years had passed since his last implant, and that was less extensive than these; when the Navigator extracted himself from his bulky voidsuit, Ravia might note the old scars on the left side of his head from a psyber-lure. Judging by the skin's stretch marks, he probably had his familiar bound to him as a child. Speaking of, Mr. Wah Dell lurked in an out-of-the-way corner for the procedures.

Neither of them appreciated waking to such pain. It couldn't be helped; in particular, having one of his eyes removed was bound to be traumatic. I suppose this is the weakness of flesh, Echo thought. He gently touched the pale silk bandages, splotched with red in an almost artistic pattern.

His right eye-socket now held a camera lens. The machinery stretched across his right temple and merged into the Mind Impulse Unit; a connection port sat just beside his ear. A path between his brain and the revered Machine-Spirits. Further back, at the base of his skull, wires ran from Kennoch's spinal connector to the MIU weapon interface. The short metal brace curved up from his right shoulder; he only had to attach his hellpistol when ready.

Echo breathed in short gasps, fighting the pain. His assassin-bodyguards moved in to help him to a recovery room. "It is...to be expected to be to be expected," he hissed a response to Ravia. "A small price price for such glorious rewards glorious rewards. Thank you you wise Magos Magos wise Magos. And glory to the Omnissiah Omnissiah Omnissiah Omnissiah."

After

Kennoch drafted a polite letter to the mysterious Brabazon Navis. He wasn't so naive as to think that the alliance between their captains would automatically trickle down; the seer clans had their own goals, standards, and rivalries. But for the moment, he had no ill will toward the other Navigator, so why turn down the chance for a little gossip? Echo expressed a willingness to meet with the Brabazon while their ships were both in the same system, but he made sure not to press the issue or promise anything but cordiality.

With that out of the way, and time left to kill, Kennoch turned his eye toward the Terminus again. He might lack the skills to help with her repairs, but maybe he could still introduce himself to the old girl, especially now that his Rings all had excellent voidsuits. While Echo didn't expect any trouble, you never really knew, so he invited "General" Felidae and her power armor to join them (along with anyone else who felt bored and wanted to come along).

Despite reasonable caution, Kennoch wasn't planning to explore, really. He only wanted to set foot aboard this star-ship of such rare history and quality--after all, he might not survive the return voyage for another chance--and see if her ancient spirits had any whispers for him. He meditated on the Bridge. Kept watch for any scraps of data left behind, any insights into the past. Perhaps he'd hook his new MIU to a few subsystems--only in accordance with his rank and position, of course. He went with care and treated the Terminus respectfully, even in her state of disrepair.

"I am sorry sorry you drifted alone alone alone alone for so long so long. Kept company kept only by your ghosts ghosts your ghosts. But we're here now, here now and soon you'll sail again sail again again soon."

Spoiler
    Show
    This is mostly just for fluff--a voidborn nomad doing what they do--but I won't turn down any tidbits of lore or visions you're willing to offer. Or a hint as to the ship's undeclared Complications, perhaps?

Awareness (Per 54, +10): (1d100)[2]
    Psyniscience (Per 54, +10): (1d100)[45]
    Forbidden Lore (Warp) (Int 51, +20): (1d100)[28]

~ Sophistemon

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

With Kennoch
    Hannabel lounges against the wall as Echo inspects the bridge. Taking a drag on a lho stick, she chuckles at his reverence. "She's got you all hot an' bothered already, hasn't she? Just like Macharius - he gets all googly-eyed when he talks about Terminus as well. I mean, what is it with you boys and your obsession with having the biggest...ship? Didn't no one teach you that size alone doesn't matter? Take it from a girl who knows - good technique and a nice fit always trumps size."

28. - Top - End - #1438

Lizardfolk

Echo and his bodyguards fell silent mid-sentence. He turned, flabbergasted, to Hannabel. Long moments passed in which he had no idea how to respond.

"You...are a unique creature, unique creature creature creature Gun-Mistress Hannabel Hannabel Hannabel Hannabel."

~ Sophistemon

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel laughs merrily at Echo's response to her jibe. "Why thank you, Lord Navigator, what a charming compliment! And you're not wrong. I am unique. More than you'll ever know..." she winks at him.

"But anyway - you want to know about the Terminus? Felidae there can tell you all about how she was back in the day. And if you want to know how she ended up in this state - Lady Vanhal knows all about that. Macharius too. I figure if you're going to be flying with us now, you deserve to know."

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika was there to observe the surgery. To Echo, 'Is everything working like it's supposed to? I imagine I could consider the benefits of it if the need was ever great enough.'

--------------------------------

To Almagor, 'Well the mapmakers were here before, but I know what you mean. And if we're going to have actual colonists we probably should check that there's nothing down there that wants to eat them. I'll make inquiries.'