New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Banned

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC

Felidae, surrounded by the marines on the launch deck, is in an argument with the stubborn interface of her armor:

Oh come on, you incalcitrant piece of techno-junk. Open a channel to the pirate flagship!

After a series of protests along the lines of 'incorrect input syntax' and 'please specify parameters', the helmet HUD suddenly shows the red icon for Channel Open. Felidae speak with the tremolous certainty of one wrapped in the God-Emperors blessing.

Attention pirate vessel. This is Sargeant-at-Arms Felidae Vestraeme. I regret to inform you that today, you have picked the wrong fight. Against you stand the God-Emperors finest. I shall be coming abord your vessel shortly, and with me comes your death. Rejoice, for you shall soon see the face of the God-Emperor.

I do however offer you this one mercy! Lay down your arms before me, and your lives shall be spared. You shall be inducted into the Imperial Guard, where you shall have the chance to earn redemption. No other quarter shall be given. You have been warned.

She shuts the channel without waiting for reply.

To the gathered marines, she states simply:

Ready for launch. We'll board as soon as Macharius commands it.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2019-03-02 at 06:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm afraid that's not going to be an option, Hannabel. As you pointed out, our weapons are barely even scratching the paint, and they seem to be using some fairly advanced weapons. They're significantly better armed and armored, and the Navy is starting to fall apart. Trading fire with them is a good way to die out here.

He reaches for the ship-wide vox.

All hands! Prepare for boarding! These heretics have blasphemed against the Emperor. They have ambushed his loyal machine cult servants. They have slain his loyal Navy sailors. But no more! For now the men of Absalom come to bring them to justice! Our wrath shall be terrible, our vengeance severe. With blade and bolt and flame we shall purge the unclean. Know that you fight for the God of Man, and that He is with you. Onward! For Emperor and Absalom!

He turns to the marine commander. I know that the men fight for their liege and the Golden Throne, but more pecuniary rewards are in order as well. Ten thrones for every enemy sailor killed. One hundred for an NCO. A thousand for each of their commissioned officers. And any marine bringing me a command staff member alive enough to be questioned will be granted ten thousand thrones and six months' shore leave.

He turns to the command staff. Well then, let's get cracking, shall we? Hannabel, I can think of no one better to fly the shuttle into hostile space. You others are free to join or remain, as you see fit. Felidae? He speaks into his vox with a smile, Your boredom is at an end. Crush them.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Banned

As you command!

Warriors of the Macharius Guard,
    Felidae shouts over comms - unsure whether that term is real or not, but happy with the sound of it, launch all boats, and strike with the Fury of the God-Emperor Himself.

Know no fear, for He watches over you. Show no mercy, for their crimes are inexcusable. Do not hesitate, for we rush into victory or His embrace.

As Aquila engines fire, and the craft roar out of their bays perched atop towers of incandescent plasma, Felidae marches to the front of the Praetorians.

Remember, champions: Spare command crew for interrogation. Stay on me, push without fear, stay tightly grouped. Where we go, the rest will follow, and we shall prevail.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show

Looking for further advantages.
    Scholastic Lore, Tactics: (1d100)[85] vs ... 39 - yea. Felidae is many things, but not the greatest thinker.
    If I have a fate point - I feel I should have, I'll reroll that if it fails. The order was to crush them, after all.
    Reroll: (1d100)[86]

Eh ... Felidae will have to fend off with her armor what she cannot avoid by clever planning.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2019-03-02 at 03:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Titan in the Playground

The Sting's machine spirits had been giving Ravia some trouble, down in engineering. At Macharius' announcement, however, they suddenly grew more co-operative. The plasma drives increased burn, thrusters firing almost before the controls were touched. It seemed the ship was as eager to get to battle as her Captain.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"The lasers alone weren't scratching their paint job," Hannabel mutters beneath her breath.

"Helm, you heard the Lord Commander. See if you can get some extra burn out of the thrusters and get us within boarding range. Then turn the controls over to me and I'll bring the Sting alongside the Turbulent."

OOC: Per the rules, a boarding action is literally the two ships crashing together. No shuttles involved - that's the hit and run action.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Titan in the Playground

The Manticore's Sting had been a reaver, once. She had boarded and captured hundreds of ships, and her machine spirits revelled in the glory of combat, the swirling melee of the boarding action. The hum of the drives increased to a howl as Hannabel took the helm, pushing the engines for a little extra power to catch up with her quarry. She bore down on the Turbulent, her superior speed eating up the distance between them. The pirate vessel tried to turn, tried to get away from the approaching retribution, but it was not to be; Hannabel brought the vessels together with a hull-shaking crash. Thousands of men and women in void suits poured across the gap between the ships, some in shuttles, some with grapnels. They blew their way in through bulkheads, or negotiated hull breaches, or dropped into bays on wings of screaming fire. Felidae led the charge, with Macharius orchestrating the attack from his command throne. The Talon circled, firing a few shots across the Turbulen'ts bow, daring them to try and make an escape.

The Formative Divine, emboldened by the Sting's success in catching the Turbulent, bore in close to the station, pouring laser fire into the weapons batteries. This close in, she almost couldn't miss, and every shot made contact. The shields burned out rapidly, the Navy hammering the station, vapourising massive chunks of the rock and steel that formed its hull. Ammunition supplies ignited, the station's return fire unable to catch the speedy Sword this time around. Fire tore through the lance array, moving to the macrobatteries. Hundreds of men died screaming as the batteries were consumed by flames.

Over on the Turbulent, the assault had met its first resistance. It was bloody going. The pirates were prepared, and they had the home ground advantage. The Absalom assault force was fighting with Macharius' words, and promises of wealth, still ringing in their ears, and they had Felidae. Clad in her ancient armour and wielding her storm bolter, Felidae was untouchable; an angel of death, descending upon the Emperor's enemies with whirring chainblade and righteous fire. Admiral Davis' old bodyguard cut through the pirates like a scythe through grain, forging a path of blood towards the Turbulent's bridge. The vox in her helmet amplified her voice, and with her at the head, the assault forced its way past the last few stadning against them and cast down the doors to the bridge.

They found it undefended. The pirate captain was dead, his smoking pistol left lying where it had fallen from his nerveless fingers. The bridge crew had thrown down their arms, stepping away from their stations. They stood clustered together to one side of the bridge, watching nervously as Absalom marines took over the room. All across the ship, the story was the same. The defenders broke, throwing down guns and swords and raising their hands.

Shortly afterwards, the station crew followed suit. Someone on the turbulent may have voxed them, or they had simply seen which way the wind was blowing. Battered, with over half their weapons gone and no further support from the pirate fleet, the station hailed the Sting and the Divine, asking for terms of surrender.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #937
    Firbolg in the Playground

++Well there is a good solid ship for the every growing fleet, wonder how many servitors i get out of processing this one++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"THAT tub? It's solid as a rock, alright, and sails like one too," Hannabel sniffs.

"Don't listen to the nasty bag o' cogs, gorgeous, we both know you'd have killed that fat frigate on the next pass if Macharius wasn't so busy indulging his new pet," she croons to one of the Sting's targeting monitors.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Banned

For her part, Felidae has the prisoners packed and parcelled and shipped off for interrogation. She then tips the dead captain out onto the floor, irreverently drops herself into the command throne - after wiping it superficially of any spilled blood or brains - and picks up his pistol, to check if it's worth keeping as a trophy. If for no other reason, then likely the captain himself thought it was worth keeping as a trophy, what self-respecting captain doesn't keep a pistol he took off a dead enemy.

Yo Macharius, she calls over the comms, this vessel is secure - is there anything you want us doing while we're here?

I did ... kinda promise those who surrendered could join the Guard. I'm not above a slight untruth here and there for the sake of effect, but do you think our Navy pals might want to make good on my promise? After all, they wouldn't be the first criminals to ever join the guard. I mean ... there's always the Penal Legion, right? That's also ... 'the guard'.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2019-03-04 at 03:27 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    'I mean ... there's always the Penal Legion, right? That's also ... 'the guard'.
    Anika can't quite let that go. 'Only in the broadest possible sense. The Guard usually has a better idea of what it's doing. The Legion is certainly better then a pointless death.'

She's not involved with the battle but will come along with the rear guard to be on hand if she was needed as an advisor. In the Calixis sector she'd had far too much experience with pirates.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius chuckles at Hannabel's love of the ship, then grits his teeth at Felidae's impertinence. Well done, Lieutenant, he says coolly. Deliver the command staff to the brig for interrogation. I shall be along shortly.

As for what to do with the crew, that remains to be seen. If they're Chaos-tainted or xenos-worshipers, they will have to be purged. If not, I suppose some use could be found for them.

He then voxes the station. Unconditional surrender, if you prefer to live. Power down your weapons and shields and prepare for boarding, and casualties will be kept to the minimum necessary. Resist and die a slow and painful death as heretics.

He turns back to the command crew. Well then, let us inspect our new ship. Perhaps our new flagship, at that. Pythonissam, you will accompany me to the interrogation, along with our best excruciators.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

While tallying the prisoners, Felidae discovered a few officers, attempting to hide amongst the press of the bridge crew. They had removed their coats and hats, but hadn't quite managed to divest themselves of all the signs of command. These she had separated into a different group, and then sent to the brig with all the rest of the crew. The ship proved to have quite extensive brig facilities, mutliple decks divided into row upon row of cells, with elevated patrol walkways and evenly spaced 'watchtowers' hanging from the ceilings. Some of the control panels and fittings bore the sigil of the Adeptus Arbites. The cells were mostly empty at first, but there was a great deal of space, and the Absalom marines were very efficient at rounding up crew. A significant number of the survivors were lower-deck dregs and gun-slaves, many of the defenders having perished in the boarding action.

While Macharius and his team took a shuttle over to inspect the ship, the station powered down all remaining weapons. The lance and one of the macrobatteries had been heavily damaged by fire before the commander ordered all the gun decks vented to space to extinguish it, but much of the rest of the station was intact. The Retaliator returned, and the two Navy vessels docked with the station and took charge of policing the crew. The Talon took to patrolling the area, looking out for any danger. The captain reported that the two surviving raiders had fled completely, and that the third had been reduced to a smouldering wreck. Most of the components had survived, a few of them even intact, but the hull would only ever be useful as scrap.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Before crossing over to the [USELESS TUB], Hannabel takes the time to congratulate the gun crews on their performance in the battle. As a special treat, she releases an extra ration of grog from the stores to celebrate.

Over on the Turbulent, she takes a team of marines and technomats to inspect the gun decks, curious as to what sort of weapons the frigate has equipped. As she does so, she singles out a few of the gun captains and strikes up a conversation, congratulating them on their gunnery and generally talking shop to see if she can break the ice.

Charm test (1d100)[70] vs. Fel 54

Re-roll in the OOC thread:
    Charm test (1d100)[17] vs. Fel 54
    Last edited by rax; 2019-03-05 at 04:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    As for what to do with the crew, that remains to be seen. If they're Chaos-tainted or xenos-worshipers, they will have to be purged. If not, I suppose some use could be found for them.
    Anika looks pained. 'Well if they're that far off the deep end then it should be easy enough to find out. It's not like the Archenemy is known for hiding it's allegiances.' She honestly wanders how much of the Turbulent's surviving crew were conscripts or slaves.

'If anyone is willing to talk to us we can see if they know anything about the attack on our Mechanicus friends.'

She'll look around to investigate the Turbulent's provenance, as it was always interesting to her how ship's changed hands, but she'll make sure she'll be present for any interrogations.

Spoiler
    Show

Forbidden Lore (Heresy) to notice actual signs of chaos worship on the Turbulent
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[62]

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Hannabel

At first, Hannabel wasn't having much luck. A lot of the crew had died in the attack, and many of the survivors had been rounded up for interrogation, gunnery chiefs amongst them. She was able to get a good look at the guns, and some of the ammunition stores, though. The shells for the Stygies cannons were massive, each weighing far more than a regular macrocannon shell thanks to their higher density, but their effect on armour would be fearsome. Here and there she found some members of the gun crew who had been captured from other vessels and pressed into service. Strolling through one of the upper meltacannon decks, she got lucky. A woman was sitting on a crate of ration packs in the corner, idly chewing one and watching the people in the gun pit mill about. She was wearing the faded and tattered remnants of a once-fine uniform, and fixed Hannabel with an appraising stare as she approached. There was a bosun's shotpistol sitting on the crate beside her, obviously scavenged and within easy reach, but once it became clear that Hannabel wasn't there to take her food or try to fight, she left the gun where it was.

"Chiefs here are good shots," she said. "I'm better, but nobody asked me. Threw me in with the labour-gangs without asking what I did." She made a 'hrmph' noise and wiped her mouth on the back of her hand. Hannabel couldn't quite figure her age. She wasn't young, but she was more weathered than old, worn and hard like ancient leather. "Their loss."

Anika

If there had been any chaos worship on board the Turbulent, Anika saw no signs of it. Certainly the obvious, sigils scored into the walls and frothing madmen shouting about the dark powers, were absent. There was plenty of evidence of subversive thought, though; these were pirates, and they bore no allegiance to the Imperium. Those interrogated had high ideals about freedom, in line with what she'd heard about Misson, even if they didn't serve directly under him.

Of the ship itself, Anika found plenty. Her name was the Fury Incandescent, and like most Turbulents, she had been built in the Scarus sector for the Angevin crusade. She had served for the duration as a scout-sweeper, fighting one-on-one with enemy picket vessels. The crew said she still carried the martial spirit that had served her 1700 years ago, and was always ready and eager to fight. After the crusade was over, she'd stayed in Calixis, refitted to serve the Adeptus Arbites as a prison ship. She'd filled the role for many years, ferrying prisoners the length and breadth of the sector, stopping in to fill her brig with the dregs of a world and shipping them out to the penal legions. She had vanished en-route to the Spinward Front with a load of cannon-fodder-to-be, and been presumed lost in the warp. In actuality, there had been a prison break and riot, and the ship was commandeered, fleeing to the expanse. It was only then that she fell in with pirates.

Interrogations

Pytho conducted the interrogations of the most important prisoners in the usual fashion, plucking their secrets directly from their minds. There was no lying to an Astropath, and no reason to show mercy to heretical successionist pirates. This had indeed been the group that attacked the Mechanicus, dropping from warp and jamming the cruiser's transmissions before bracketing the ship and hammering it to pieces. They'd raided the encampment and the Mechanicus vessel's remains, grabbing anything of value, picking up Adept Junius as previously arranged, and getting out before help could arrive. They hadn't expected to be tracked so soon, and Adept Junius, as well as all their plunder, was still aboard the asteroid station.

On Captain Misson, the information was less available. All of the prisoners interrogated had heard of him, and some knew they were working with him, but none knew much about the man himself. Their own Captain had been quite strict about communications, and he was the only one who had ever spoken to Misson directly. They were quite reluctant to say anything about the location of Misson's colony, but Pytho dragged it from them nonetheless; there was indeed a chart fragment on the station. It was stored in the vaults, somewhere, but again, the deceased Captain had been the only one with precise details.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #946

Ravia while interested in the ship begins preparation for the recovery of the wayward Adept and his stolen projects. She would take the time to make a good showing as the Lead Adept of the recovery force and take charge of the stolen goods and fallen Adept.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #947
    Banned

Felidae will try to find her way to Commander Tam - it's unclear whether he'll receive her, she is after all just a former lieutenant, but it's worth a shot. She intends to make her case for allowing the surviving pirates some sort of future, somewhere in service to the God-Emperor. After all, they might well have been slaves or press ganged into service.

And the Guard is ever hungry for recruits, no doubt.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Strolling through one of the upper meltacannon decks, she got lucky. A woman was sitting on a crate of ration packs in the corner, idly chewing one and watching the people in the gun pit mill about. She was wearing the faded and tattered remnants of a once-fine uniform, and fixed Hannabel with an appraising stare as she approached. There was a bosun's shotpistol sitting on the crate beside her, obviously scavenged and within easy reach, but once it became clear that Hannabel wasn't there to take her food or try to fight, she left the gun where it was.

"Chiefs here are good shots," she said. "I'm better, but nobody asked me. Threw me in with the labour-gangs without asking what I did." She made a 'hrmph' noise and wiped her mouth on the back of her hand. Hannabel couldn't quite figure her age. She wasn't young, but she was more weathered than old, worn and hard like ancient leather. "Their loss."
    "Is that a fact?" Hannabel replies with a wry smile. "That's a mighty fine ruin of a uniform you're wearing - is that where you learned your trade? And do you have a name? "Prisoner" is so impersonal. I'm Hannabel, by the way," she says, offering a hand in greeting.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

Ravia and Felidae

While the others worked on the interrogations or inspected the new ship, Ravia took transit over to the station on one of their shuttles. Felidae went along, in order to meet up with Commander Tam. The Divine's first officer wasn't exactly pleased to be interrupted, but gave Felidae some time to make her case.

Ravia, meanwhile, boarded the station with a contingent of Absalom marines and set about trying to find the missing Adept Junius.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Leaving an opening here. Felidae needs to actually make a pitch to Tam (who is a woman, by the way), and Ravia needs to roll Search.

Hannabel

"Better than wearing nothing." She brushed her hand off on the worn uniform before taking Hannabel's. "Elena Dassel. Formerly of the Righteous Crusader, currently of this hellhole."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Hannabel would have heard of the Righteous Crusader. It's the ship of Wrath Umboldt, the Rogue Trader most famously known for discovering the Processional of the Damned, and for suffering more than his share of misfortune. Roll Common Lore: Koronus Expanse if you want to know more.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #950
    Banned

This is the Navy - something Felidae knows and respects, where she feels at home. She will stride in, snap off a smart salute, and adress the commander in short, precise phrases. Not to be brusque or arrogant, but to give the relevant information without wasting his time.

Commander Tam, as you may know, a significant number of these pirates are civilians, or even some navy personnel, press ganged slaves forced into service. And they are seasoned, hardened fighters. Sure, they have failed before the God-Emperor, but I would argue not all have failed so deeply as to deserve no second chance.

I propose we put each prisoner to the question, to find out how they were recruited, and how they served. Those we find redeemable may be offered service in the Guard, others may be fit only for the Penal Legions, and finally the unredeemable we can kick out the airlock. Ma'am!

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Felidae isn't equipped with any social skills - other than intimidate, which hardly seems appropriate here. She does have Peer: Military, hence it's Fellowship: (1d100)[56] vs. 46 - plus any other conceivable bonuses she might deserve. I can't really think of any. Tam sadly wasn't there when Felidae stomped all over the defenders of the Turbulent.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius looms above the shackled prisoners in black-and-gold carapace armor, Rosarius prominently displayed on his chest, hand resting on his ornate power sword. Two Praetorians stand by him, hellguns at the ready. He stands impassively as the prisoners squirm under Pytho's psychic assault, listening intently to the secrets ripped from their minds.

Interesting. Alert the Inquisitor of our findings. He may have further questions.

After the mention of the Inquisition, he turns back to the terrified prisoners

You are to be turned over to an Inquisitorial representative. He will decide what... further steps need to be taken to extract information. However, I am not entirely without mercy. If you choose to make a full confession of your sins and provide useful information, you may expire quickly and painlessly before the Inquisitor arrives. Now, who leads this base? Where did the rest of your battle group flee to? Where is your main fleet? And what are their protocols in case of such an attack?

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ettin in the Playground

Well they weren't those kinds of pirates at least. Anika will pass on this lack of any obvious evidence to Macharius. 'Doesn't mean they're nice people, only that they don't necessarily need to be shoved out of an airlock. As for the Fury's past, maybe we keep it away from the Calixis sector. I wouldn't be surprised if the Arbitrators might see it as still being their property.'

At the interrogations she'll add, 'Is anyone looking after the Adept or is he alone? You don't have to tell me of course, but it might save us all some unnecessary effort.' She'll ask them directly rather than waiting for Pytho to do it. The business with Captain Mission could wait until they found this chart fragment.

Spoiler
    Show

Rolling Charm in the ooc to act as good cop

Didn't work though

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel

"Better than wearing nothing." She brushed her hand off on the worn uniform before taking Hannabel's. "Elena Dassel. Formerly of the Righteous Crusader, currently of this hellhole."
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Depends on what you're up to," Hannabel jokes mischievously at Elena's uniform comment. "The Righteous Crusader, you say? Wrath Umboldt's ship? I heard he spends most of his time holed up at Port Wander. How did you end up here?"

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

Felidae

"I've got no problem with shooting the lot of them," Tam said. "We lost good men in that fight. Still, maybe better to let them sell their lives for the Emperor."

The Navy commander considered Felidae's suggestion, pacing back and forth. There were a very large number of people to think about, especially given the sheer size of the station. "Interrogating them all would take too long. We could all probably use some replacement crew, as well. We'll press-gang some and send them to the gun decks. Send the rest to the penal legions, and let the emperor sort them out from there. It'll take transportation space, though, and that's something we can ill afford. Do any of your Captain's ships have prison space?"

Hannabel

Hannabel's joke elicited a nod and a smirk. "Suppose it does. Not that the prospects around here are any good."

"If you've heard of Umboldt, you've probably heard about his track record. He was a fine captain and a compassionate leader. He was just..." Elena sighed, apparently unsure of how best to continue. "We got boarded. Attacked by pirates on the way back from one of his excursions. Best laid plans, and all that. The actual expedition had gone well, things were looking up for once, and then the proximity alarms sounded when we dropped out of warp to re-orient. The Crusader escaped, but only after losing a lot of men and all the cargo. Most died. I guess I was lucky, if you can call it that."

Ravia

Ravia located the vaults without trouble. They were one of the first things the Navy had secured after boarding the station, but her association with Macharius and the explanation of seeking to recover stolen Mechanicus property was enough to get her entry. The vaults were huge, though, and finding any individual thing seemed an impossible task at first. Attempts to manually search the place would be slow and inefficient. Releasing a number of servo-skulls programmed to scour the rooms and collate the contents proved more effective, and it was after a short time that one of them returned with information about cogitator banks in the far corner of one of the vaults that seemed to be some sort of record-keeping system. Using this, Ravia was able to find what she was looking for more effectively.

The stolen Mechanicus projects and equipment had been stored in several crates and shoved off to one side. While she was investigating those, another of the skulls returned. It had located a hidden wall panel. Opening that revealed a hidden safe - unfortunately locked and, after investigation, possessed of a security system designed to immolate its contents if it was tampered with.

Interrogations

The mention of an Inquisitor was enough to send a ripple of fear through the cell blocks. The prisoners were pirates and successionists, and while all of them had likely heard of the Inquisition, it was unlikely they had ever entertained the notion of actually running up against one. Some actually took Macharius up on his offer, the name of the Inquisition alone enough to cause them to throw themselves at his mercy. They were the exception, though, and while Macharius learned a great deal from them about the general workings of the station, the name of the stationmaster, the composition of their own small fleet, and numerous sundry other details, little of it was actually useful.

Word was sent, and the Inquisitor attended with his scribe, Mathius and Kohl walking up and down the lengths of the brig. Mathius' armour was freshly polished, Macharius noticed, the emblem of the Inquisition on full display. Rather than attending the individual interrogations, though, he seemed to take pleasure in walking up to a cell at random and grilling the occupant. Kohl, on the other hand, elected to sit in, tapping notes on a dataslate and asking the ocassional question of his own.

Protocol on attack had been to defend if possible, and scatter if not. There were supposed to be regrouping points, but the fleet had been compartmentalised for a reason. Nobody knew where each piece was. They held Misson in fairly high regard. He had put a lot of thought into building his criminal empire, and making it so that the removal of one part of his fleet, or one installation, would not compromise the whole. They at least learned that the coordinates for the regrouping points were stored in each ship's cogitators, and that Adept Junius had been assigned a small squad of men to make sure he didn't see too much and shepherd him around.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #955
    Banned

Felidae

"I've got no problem with shooting the lot of them," Tam said. "We lost good men in that fight. Still, maybe better to let them sell their lives for the Emperor." .. "Interrogating them all would take too long. We could all probably use some replacement crew, as well. We'll press-gang some and send them to the gun decks. Send the rest to the penal legions, and let the emperor sort them out from there. It'll take transportation space, though, and that's something we can ill afford. Do any of your Captain's ships have prison space?"
    Full interrogations of so many people would take forever. However, it might be worth asking if for people with actual skills. After all, as much as I understand your busy schedule, your ships have suffered extensive damage, and repairs take time.

I'll take up the question of prisoners with Captain Macharius. I believe that Turbulent had some cell space, and I'm sure the old hound will be thrilled with the idea of ferrying captives around.

Felidae salutes, and walks off. She's done her best with Tam, now to try and work with Macharius. She'll shuttle back to the Fury, and wait for the most opportune time for a word with him. Expecting that Macharius will want to space the lot of them, she'll lead with something else.

Captain Macharius, Sir! He get's the tight salute too, I just wanted to congratulate you on our resounding victory and the addition of this ship to your fleet. Have you put any thought into crewing it yet, sir?

26. - Top - End - #956

Ravia secures the vault and after recovering the stolen projects and equipment and supervising its return and safe stowage on the Sting. Prior to returning to supervise this personally she will send out a servoskull to find Felidae and request a screening of any potential Command/Quartermaster crew who would be useful in assisting the opening of a Highly secure safe while leaving the greater portion House Guard to hold the location and be notified when any such subject was found.

On returning to the Sting will make the same information known to the rest of the Command Crew via encoded link.
    ++Mission Objective equipment retrieved, Mission Objective Personnel not found yet, Secured a Volatile Storage location on the Station, requested Prisoners found that assist in its non volatile opening suggest Command investigate regardless of assistance when able. House Guards in situ.++

Spoiler: Destro Only
    Show

Taking care to carefully search through the crates and locate and remove to a safe place Ventures project, considering how best to return it Ravia works on obfuscating what it is and stowing it with the modified medical servitor she uses on off ship excursions as part of her gear.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #957
    Banned

When she receives Ravia's message, she will quietly think to herself: Oh great, interrogating thousands of crew sounds like a fun way to pass the time - but at least it's another reason Macharius can't space them all.

She gives the servo skull a short answer to bring back: If I can help, you need only say the word. It'll take some time, but if there's one thing I do well, it's shout at people. Well, I mean - that, and shoot. Mostly shoot.

28. - Top - End - #958

++If they are reluctant to assist then start shooting the least useful, try to leave usable parts++ is the reply to the answer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #959
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    ++If they are reluctant to assist then start shooting the least useful, try to leave usable parts++ is the reply to the answer
    I may be an interrogator - but I'm not an executioner. They'll have all their parts usable when I'm done with them.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Ettin in the Playground

To Macharius, 'I'm not saying we don't go looking for their boss, but I'll make some inquiries about the man's reputation the next time we're in Footfall. If he's the type to hold a grudge I'd like to know about it in advance.'

To Ravia, 'I imagine that's Captain Mission's chart. Perhaps we can take the safe with us even if we can't open it now? It's certainly information worth having. I'll be along shortly.'