New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Banned

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC

To Felidae's way of thinking, there's really no better way to meet new friends and acquaintances than during a fine old brawl. Sure, you get the occasional black eye, but how can you ever really know a man or woman, until you've punched them in the guts.

But, the seedier the establishment, the greater the chance that some evil, half-demented goon has forgotten the sporting art of the noble fisticuffs in favor of the lowly, rotten practice of the hidden knife to the kidneys.

So entering Jerry's, Felidae takes a moment to scout the room, getting a feel for the crowd. She's not afraid, but you don't get to survive long as a soldier without proceeding with caution when the situation calls for it. So she'll try to find anyone with the stance, scars and general surliness of a military man (current or former, of either gender), and see if he has the lay of this place. Being fairly straightforward by nature, she's going to ask the way military people ask - provided she finds one.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

So, let's see:
    If a roll is required to find someone military, I guess that's Fell unmodified: (1d100)[38] vs 41.
    If there's anyone to ask, Felidae will use Command, because why mess around: (1d100)[60] vs 51, or 61 if Peer: Military applies.
    She'll try her hand at Secret Tongue, Military, because why not? Does that require a roll for normal conversation? If so: (1d100)[67] vs. 29 =)

Oh hey, and why not: Awareness in case anything noteworthy is going on: (1d100)[79] vs 40.

Finding a suitable candidate, Felidae will walk right up, and open with expected social grace: You're a grunt - tell me what you know of this place.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2019-03-24 at 02:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Footfall was home to a number of Xenos species, though most tended to keep their heads down. The ones she found that didn't were predominantly either traders, or mercenaries. There were a fair number of Kroot in and around Footfall, she noticed, more than was really usual for the place. They clustered about in kindred groups, squawking at each other in their bizarre tongue and glaring about at the humans giving them a wide berth. On top of the natural human xenophobia, there were their bladed rifles to contend with. Hannabel had heard stories that Kroot were cannibals, though the ones she watched actually seemed to be quite particular about their food.
    Delighted with her new acquaintances, Hannabel resolves to keep an eye on their fortunes in House Absalom, tapping them for more important posts if they continue to exhibit the requisite skill (and ambition). She is particularly taken with Montus and his decidedly non-regulation technical skills. Turning on the charm, she shares some of her own technical know-how and badgers him into guiding her through the nooks and crannies of the Incandescent Fury to show her some of his handiwork.

Back on Footfall, she is thrilled at the unusual number of Kroot that are about. Surely there's some mystery to uncover here? After a little research in the Talon's data vaults, she selects a group and approaches them without fear or hesitation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Forbidden Lore (Xenos) test vs. 50 (Int 40 +Talented) to identify interesting kindreds and appropriate greetings to avoid getting eaten

Charm test vs. 54 (Fel) to make a friendly connection

NB Hannabel is mostly indulging her curiosity about alien species - she'd love to make "friends" with some Kroot to learn more about them and their ways, but she's also interested in why there are so many of them about. Is something afoot?

Edit: And it really helps if you remember to add the die roller code to the post... I'll do it in the OOC thread instead.
    Last edited by rax; 2019-03-25 at 05:09 PM.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika was out of practice. It wasn't as if she looked like an Arbitrator was it? Perhaps it was time to find some new contacts. She will look for any shops in the seedier parts of Footfall that were openly selling anything that was likely to get the proprietors in serious trouble back in the Imperium and will ask who supplied the items. For a small bribe she would try to find the name of anyone dealing in proscribed goods and claim she was looking for souvenirs from the Expanse to take home. For once she will play up her status as a Scintillan noble who supposedly slumming it and who likely had more money then sense.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Looking for dealers in illegal stuff which doesn't necessarily have to include ship parts

Don't know if I can just roll Inquiry again for a very slightly different purpose so I'll try something else

Scrutiny vs. Per 43
    (1d100)[59]

To identify anything that's particularly illegal or dangerous
    Forbidden Lore (Xenos) vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[35]

To lie in shops
    Deceive vs. Fel 47
    (1d100)[16]

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Felidae

Felidae's chosen target - a surly looking fellow with buzzed down hair and a squashed-up lump of a nose - turned towards her as she spoke. He had been talking to another man in an open fatigue shirt, a lasgun hanging from a strap over his shoulder, but stopped when addressed. He looked her up and down, while his companion leaned back in his chair, a big stupid grin spreading across his face.

"It's a nice place to not be bothered. Frak off."

Anika

The seedier parts of footfall were, as one might expect, dimly lit and clustered near the outskirts of the massive asteroids that made up the place. The grav plating hummed and fizzed, in some places cracked and inoperative, and Anika noticed emergency void-suit lockers placed more frequently than was usual in the upper districts. Many had been smashed open, their contents stolen long ago. Still, there were people down here, scurrying furtively about on whatever business their masters had sent them, or clustered in tight groups that grew silent as she passed. Anika tried a few shops before she found one she liked the look of, a dim emporium packed to the ceiling with bizarre artifacts. Little dark statues, jewelry, trinkets carved from shards of bone, glass cases holding guns and other weapons of obviously inhuman manufacture. The proprietor hid his face, all that was visible two pinpoints of green light lurking in the shadows of his tattered hood.

"You like what you see, yes-yes?" He said, hobbling out from behind the counter and placing an augmetic hand on one of the cases. "Very fine, this. You not find its like in Calixis, no-no."

Anika examined the contents of the case; it was a brutal looking pistol with a wide barrel. Anika thought it might be a flechette blaster, which if it was true, was certainly dangerous but no more proscribed than most Xenos weapons.

Hannabel

There were some interesting texts in the Librarium Vault, regarding Kroot. The one Hannabel found most useful had been written by someone named Gelt, or at least translated by them from a treatise in original T'au. The kindred it described probably weren't the ones she'd seen on Footfall, but she at least picked up a few pointers on how to talk to them without causing offence. Apparently it was actually quite difficult to offend a Kroot, though the book did recommend not offering them any sort of food.

Approaching one of the larger groups, Hannabel raised a hand. The Kroot gradually ceased talking to each other and turned to watch her. One of the nearer ones, who had a considerable number of beads threaded onto his head crest, stood. He was tall even for one of his species, standing a head or two above Hannabel. He inclined his head to her, placing a closed fist over his chest and speaking in weirdly accented Low Gothic.

"Greetings, honoured trader. I have the honour of being Grig, of Clan Ch'tep. Might I assist you?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

5. - Top - End - #995
    Banned

Felidae"It's a nice place to not be bothered. Frak off."
    Oh, my apologies if I've given you the wrong impression. I wasn't asking you a question. I was giving you an order.

And then Felidae will break the gentlemans face for him - Felidae is nothing if not a friendly sort, and this man clearly has a poor grasp of such things as pecking order, cause and effect, proper address, rank ... and so on. Time to set him right the frak straight in his ways.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show

Rolls, if so required. I'm also totally ok with Felidae getting in over her head and going home with a black eye (or worse) if that's the likely outcome.
    FWIW:
    Initiative: (1d10+4)[13]
    All-out attack: (1d100)[66] vs (I think, I'm away from books) 62.
    Damage: (1d5+4)[8] (I have no idea whether that's the correct damage - is Felidae in her armor, if so, it's at least another +2)
    And if the attack misses, I'll use fate to re-roll: (1d100)[26]

6. - Top - End - #996
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ravia was deeply engrossed in the databanks of the Lab for the duration of the trips when not needed elsewhere. Then there was the downtime in Medicals decks performing some self augmentation to her subdermal layers. Sometime after docking at foot fall and having found someone else to buy the item she was after she makes her way to the local Mechcanicus Enclave to commune with the local adepts and see if they know anything worthwhile
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

There were some interesting texts in the Librarium Vault, regarding Kroot. The one Hannabel found most useful had been written by someone named Gelt, or at least translated by them from a treatise in original T'au. The kindred it described probably weren't the ones she'd seen on Footfall, but she at least picked up a few pointers on how to talk to them without causing offence. Apparently it was actually quite difficult to offend a Kroot, though the book did recommend not offering them any sort of food.

Approaching one of the larger groups, Hannabel raised a hand. The Kroot gradually ceased talking to each other and turned to watch her. One of the nearer ones, who had a considerable number of beads threaded onto his head crest, stood. He was tall even for one of his species, standing a head or two above Hannabel. He inclined his head to her, placing a closed fist over his chest and speaking in weirdly accented Low Gothic.

"Greetings, honoured trader. I have the honour of being Grig, of Clan Ch'tep. Might I assist you?"
    "Greetings, Grig of Clan Ch'tep. I am Hannabel, chief gunner of the ship Manticore's Sting," she replies in turn. "I was hoping that you might answer a question for me? I have seen Kroot on this station before, but never so many of your kind gathered here at once. Can you tell me what brings you all here?"

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika

"You like what you see, yes-yes?" He said, hobbling out from behind the counter and placing an augmetic hand on one of the cases. "Very fine, this. You not find its like in Calixis, no-no."
    'Well perhaps. I'm told you can buy a lot of things in the grottier parts of Malfi but in my experience Footfall is a little more fun.' She'll peer down at the gun. 'It's nice to own a weapon like this. If you really have to shoot someone there's a better chance of it doing some damage, but having such things in the first place makes a nice statement. I will of course be happy to buy it.'

'However I have friends who feel the same way. Laws are for other people and all that. How easy is it for you to find more of this sort of thing, and are you at all interested in making this a more permanent business arrangement? I expect I'll have reason to come back here at some point and it would be convenient to know where to go.' Must try not to look like an undercover enforcer buying drugs

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius tries the man's comm code. Tobias Hawke? A... mutual friend provided this comm code. Told me you were a man of useful talents.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2019-03-28 at 09:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

Macharius

The comm crackled, Macharius catching snatches of loud, thumping music and raucous laughter. The voice on the line was barely audible, over the sounds of shouts and jangling bells. "Hawke? Yeah, yeah. Who's this? It's... ah, it's not exactly a great time."

Hannabel

"A good question." The Kroot nodded. His speech was a little hard to follow, all clicking consonants. "With many answers. Do you wish the simple? We seek strength. Some kindreds come to aid the Tuskbreaker, in their battle against the beasts you call Orks. Some have heard of the ferocity of the Forsaken, and seek its source. Some come to find the large strong humans, so we may eat them and gain of their power."

A rustle passed through the group of Kroot, stifled hisses and clicks. Hannabel was reasonably certain that Grig's comment was the Kroot equivalent of a joke.

Anika

"You have friends, yes-yes? You tell them, all come here. Many fine items for sale." A hand vanished into the robe, re-appearing a moment later with a large key ring. The case with the gun was unlocked, and the weapon removed. "Unloaded, yes. Sss. Some laws worked around, others less flexible. Best law is money." He held the weapon up for inspection. "How will you pay?"

Felidae

Felidae's attack was quite clearly unexpected and connected soundly, smashing the man off his chair. He tumbled to the floor, rolling away and pushing himself back to his feet. Blood dripped from his nose, which now looked even more like a squashed frog. For now his friend seemed content to watch the show. The noise level in the place dropped a fraction, and Felidae suspected many of the other patrons were turning to watch.

"Crazy witch," he spat. "I'll do you for that!"

Stepping forward, he slammed his fist into Felidae's midsection - and probably came away with bruised knuckles for his trouble. He wasn't especially strong, and Felidae had taken punches a lot worse without flinching.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm assuming Felidae did not bring her armour. It'd be a lot harder to pick barfights if she did! The soldier is surprised for the first round, so you don't need that fate point. He takes 2 wounds (unarmed is 1d5-3+SB). However, that damage profile, and his SB 3 vs Felidae's TB 5 means he can't actually hurt her with unarmed attacks. So his first attack whiffs.

Ravia

Ravia gained entrance to the Mechanicus conclave, and spent some time in conversation with the adepts of the local mechanicus. They were predominantly focused on the station, and on service to its many machines, but she picked up a few interesting bits of gossip. Mostly the names of the Rogue Traders that had been through Footfall within the past little while.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Banned

Felidae assumes a casual but ready stance, and smiles at the guy:

I can do this all night, grunt - it really will go much easier for you if you just answer my questions.

Show

I agree Felidae likely left her armor at home - I do feel her new trophy gun is propably somewhere on her person, though.

She will try to talk the man down, this is just a friendly brawl after all. But if he takes another swing, he'll get one in return for his trouble:
    WS: (1d100)[75] vs 62 for All-Out Attack
    Damage: (1d5+1)[4]

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ettin in the Playground

"You have friends, yes-yes? You tell them, all come here. Many fine items for sale." A hand vanished into the robe, re-appearing a moment later with a large key ring. The case with the gun was unlocked, and the weapon removed. "Unloaded, yes. Sss. Some laws worked around, others less flexible. Best law is money." He held the weapon up for inspection. "How will you pay?"
    'Well I assume money is acceptable. Might I ask where it came from? Having the story to go with the piece makes it more impressive. If you are able to provide other such interesting items then I would certainly be willing to come back here again.'

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

A customer. One with the thrones to spend on the best. Care to meet me in the lower market in, say, two hours?

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

Felidae

Growling, the soldier tried another swing, but Felidae sidestepped and tapped him a good hit in the side. He staggered back towards the table, looking for an improvised weapon, when his friend stood up and grabbed his arm.

"Look, you idiot. She could obviously kill you without really trying. Sit down and let's find out what she wants, yeah?"

None too gently, he dropped the soldier back into his seat and slid around the table. "Sorry. He can be a bit daft sometimes."

Macharius

"Well, uh, normally I'd love too," Tobias said. "Only I'm not sure I'll be around in two hours."

He paused for a beat, during which Macharius thought he could hear voices raised in anger, over the thumping music in the background. "Say, what sort of cavalry do you have available?"

Anika

"I have many-much sources. This one found by an adventurer, exploring dark places in the Expanse. Taken from ancient battlefield, war between long dead species." He hobbled back towards the counter, taking the weapon with him. "Can get more-more. You look for something in particular?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Banned

Aren't we all, sometimes? I can't think of a better reason to come to a place like this - even if, right now I'm actually trying to not be daft. I have myself a bit of shore leave, and I've been stirring up trouble and having fun up and down the district. However, this place seems a good bit shadier than the other shady joints I've visited tonight - so I figured it might be wise to ... ask around, before I get myself in more trouble than I can handle.

So how about: Drinks are on me, and while we drink, you two give me the lay of the land? We might find we have some common interest.

If this place has it, Felidae will order a brand of ratgut usually too expensive for these lowlives, and get them nicely inebriated.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Anything from a small squad of specialists to battalions of troops, depending on what the situation calls for. It appears we are in a position to help each other. Where are you and who have you angered?

Macharius opens another vox link, this time to his command staff. I've been informed of a man who can get us what we need. Unfortunately, he seems to have gotten himself in a spot of trouble and needs extraction. Stand by for further details.

He turns to Almagor. Assemble the Praetorians. All five, suit up and be ready to follow me. Master Williams, bring me my armaments. Macharius will hold off on deciding whether the wear carapace or full Artificier Armor, depending on what Tobias says. This may call for discretion or for a full regal display.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2019-03-30 at 10:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"A good question." The Kroot nodded. His speech was a little hard to follow, all clicking consonants. "With many answers. Do you wish the simple? We seek strength. Some kindreds come to aid the Tuskbreaker, in their battle against the beasts you call Orks. Some have heard of the ferocity of the Forsaken, and seek its source. Some come to find the large strong humans, so we may eat them and gain of their power."

A rustle passed through the group of Kroot, stifled hisses and clicks. Hannabel was reasonably certain that Grig's comment was the Kroot equivalent of a joke.
    "Simple? No, simple is boring. I want a challenge!" Hannabel replies with a wide grin, blithely ignoring the possibility that the Kroot were joking at her expense. "The Tuskbreaker, the Forsaken. Am I right that these are other kindreds of your people?"

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

'Working Eldar technology is supposed to be quite the thing to see in action, but I expect if you turn up anything rarer than that I'd certainly like to take a look at it. I'm quite sure the Expanse has all sorts of interesting things lying around.'

Pointing at the flechette blaster, 'Anyway, I'm sure I'll work it out given enough time. I can't guarantee when I'll be back here though. I take it this is your regular place of business?'

She will pause in the middle of this to reply to Macharius, 'Let me know if you need any help.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Let me know if I should be rolling Commerce or Barter here.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Felidae

"Never say no to a free drink. We're on what you might call 'shore leave' ourselves, actually." The fellow shifted in his chair, and Felidae caught a namepatch sewed to his fatigues: Jenkins. "It really is a nice place to not be bothered. Usually nobody comes right up to you and socks you one. Probably because half of this lot would shank you for it. What else d'yer wanna know?"

Macharius

"Might be a tight fit for battalions, but bring 'em if you got 'em." Tobias said. "I'm in the Roxxy. Gambling den in sector seventeen. These fine gents think I've..." he was cut off by the distinctive crack of a lasweapon firing. "Oh frak, gotta go."

The line went dead. The Praetorians were all ready to go by the time Macharius had armed himself, Almagor proudly wearing the power sword that Macharius had loaned him.

Hannabel

Grig raised an eyebrow at her, and made a clicking noise. Some of the other Kroot nodded.

"Other kindreds, yes. They are local to this region of space. You are aware many Kroot hire themselves as mercenaries? Do you know why?"

Show
    It's not exactly hidden knowledge. Roll FL: Xenos at +30. If you pass, Hannabel knows that it's because Kroot want to gain a wide variety of combat experience, in order to increase the strength of their own kindred.

Anika

"Many interesting things," the merchant agreed. "Shop stays here, is good place for selling, yes-yes. Good place for buying."

Show
    I made a secret test vs profit factor: you can afford it easily, no need for rolls on your part.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Banned

Felidae

"Never say no to a free drink. We're on what you might call 'shore leave' ourselves, actually." The fellow shifted in his chair, and Felidae caught a namepatch sewed to his fatigues: Jenkins. "It really is a nice place to not be bothered. Usually nobody comes right up to you and socks you one. Probably because half of this lot would shank you for it. What else d'yer wanna know?"
    Well, I'll lend an ear to any interesting tale - who's who, what's what, tall tales of adventure or villainy. But the guy I work for, he's looking for trade and far-flung colonies, the people I work with are looking for all manner of arms or equipment, we seem to be looking for decent crew half the time. Pirates. I mean, not as crew, but word is there's a base out there somewhere, and we'd like the location.

What else? I've been looking around for a bigger gun. Something that will put holes in armor. I had my mind on a man-portable twin-linked autocannon, but everyone looks at me like I'm crazy when I say that ... so - maybe a tad lighter than that, you know?

Felidae tips back a shot of whatever high-octane alcohol she's been able to purchase like it doesn't affect her.

Show

Alcohol is a poison, right? At least, Felidae thinks of it as poison, and since she has resistance to poison, she feels she can handle her drink. Might be she's wrong about that =)

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

On the double! Praetorians, with me. Commodore, I'll take twenty marines as well. Let's take this fine gentleman into custody. Macharius steps into his new Power Armor, counting on it to overawe any lower-deck scum he might encounter. Or protect him from those less-awed. He takes the fastest available transport to the Roxxy. While en route, he calls the rest of the command crew.

Our contact seems to have encountered a spot of bother in the Roxxy. It's a gambling den in Sector Seventeen. I'm heading there with the Praetorians and a platoon of marines. If any of you are near the area, do try to get there and prevent his gruesome demise.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Grig raised an eyebrow at her, and made a clicking noise. Some of the other Kroot nodded.

"Other kindreds, yes. They are local to this region of space. You are aware many Kroot hire themselves as mercenaries? Do you know why?"

Show
    It's not exactly hidden knowledge. Roll FL: Xenos at +30. If you pass, Hannabel knows that it's because Kroot want to gain a wide variety of combat experience, in order to increase the strength of their own kindred.
    "You said it yourself - you fight many foes to take their power and make your people stronger," she responds without hesitation. "Orks would be a good choice for that, I reckon. It takes a lot to bring one down and no matter how many we kill, there's always more. But these Forsaken you speak of - who is it they fight?"

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

'Another time then. Now if you'll excuse me I'm needed elsewhere.' She is honestly curious about what the man looked like under his hood, but is too polite to ask. It would be irrelevant for her needs here anyway.

Anika will pocket the weapon and go looking for the Roxxy.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ravia receives the call but is less inclined to attend a possible combat action without her Armour so will make her way to the location as after action support
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Felidae

"Well, can't say as I know any pirate base locations. Autocannon's a nice piece of kit, though..." Jenkins tilted his head at her. "Strong as you look, you might have trouble carrying it. They're not small."

Macharius and Anika

Macharius and Anika met up on the way down through sector sixteen. Seventeen was a pleasure district that took up the greater part of a large asteroid, one of the ones that was well maintained and operated by exclusive contract. Rows upon rows of brothels, obscura dens and gambling houses encrusted the surface, tentacles of vice burrowing down into the rock. A riot of neon signs and advertisements lit by red lumen-globes assaulted the senses. There was no directory, but with Macharius at the lead of the praetorians, they had little trouble pushing their way through the crowds of people thronging the district. Their approach to the Roxxy drew more than a few stares, the arrival of twenty-five fully armed men understandably a cause for concern.

The Roxxy stood at one corner of a crossroads tunnel, buried within the rock of the asteroid. It was a solidly built place, and looked as though it might withstand a seige. It had armoured shutters on the windows and doors, though these were currently open, patrons stumbling from the doorway into the street. A large crowd had gathered to stand and watch, and the sounds of combat could be heard from within. At some point between the vox call and now someone had thought to turn off the music, or perhaps shot out the speakers. From the other direction, Macharius caught sight of a second armed contingent approaching the building. They were still some distance away, and were forcing their way through the crowd with riot shields and clubs.

Hannabel

"Any and all. Forsaken hire out many mercenaries. Fighters of great skill and ferocity. We may go join them. Or maybe not. Currently interested in taking contracts. Do you know of anyone hiring, Hannabel of Clan Manticore's Sting?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Any and all. Forsaken hire out many mercenaries. Fighters of great skill and ferocity. We may go join them. Or maybe not. Currently interested in taking contracts. Do you know of anyone hiring, Hannabel of Clan Manticore's Sting?"
    Hannabel laughs. "I know someone who should be hiring, or at least take a meeting with you, but there are two hindrances that would need to be overcome. First, his faith in the Imperial Creed is outshone only by his belief in his own great destiny, which means that it would take some serious convincing to get him to hire xenos. Second, he's not currently at war with anyone, so even if he were to hire you, there would be no war for you to win," she replies with an apologetic shrug.

"With that said, I'd be surprised if his current endeavour doesn't end up with us fighting someone, even if it's only a raid or two. If that sounds interesting, I could maybe sound him out for you," Hannabel offers.

OOC: Hannabel has heard Macharius' call, but it sounds to her like he's got enough men to handle a bar fight - even one with guns. If things escalate, she'll head for the Roxxy and - if they're amenable - suggest that the Kroot tag along. There ought to be a certain intimidation factor in having a flock of cannibal birdmen turning up to join the party.
    Last edited by rax; 2019-04-02 at 04:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

This wasn't the sort of place Anika would normally visit alone. Too much chance of attracting the sort of people who would rob you and dump your body.

To Macharius, 'So, do you think someone had an argument over their winnings? Or is this man just in the wrong place at the wrong time.'

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm not sure he's the most forthright of men, so they may not be entirely mistaken. Still, we need him. An idea. You slip inside and look for him- man by the name of Tobias Hawke. We'll come charging in a minute later, say I'm looking for some of my crew.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Banned

Felidae"Well, can't say as I know any pirate base locations. Autocannon's a nice piece of kit, though..." Jenkins tilted his head at her. "Strong as you look, you might have trouble carrying it. They're not small."
    Nah, it's propably a terrible idea, for all that it'd be some truly awe inspiring firepower to haul around. Anyways, who are you guys - and do you happen to know anything to make my night more interesting?

Oh and .. by the way .. apparently there's a place called the Roxxy. Do you know where that might be?

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    I'm not sure he's the most forthright of men, so they may not be entirely mistaken. Still, we need him. An idea. You slip inside and look for him- man by the name of Tobias Hawke. We'll come charging in a minute later, say I'm looking for some of my crew.
    'They might be less likely to shoot a potential customer by accident you mean. Alright worth a try.'

Anika will try and squeeze through the crowd to try and get a look in one of the windows. If she can, she'll she if she can find a way inside without being observed. If she can't, she'll see if there's anyone guarding the door.