New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,483 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC

"Mmm, yeah, I suppose that might put a bit of a damper on things," Hannabel replies to Anika and Jonell.

"Hey! Here's an idea! How about we drop Bolterface on the planet, she challenges the toughest gang on the block to a fight, shoots 'em up real good, and declares herself queen of frakking everything? How about it Legs? You want to be Imperator of a planet of yer own?"

OOC: I'm just spinning Hannabel's wheels here, waiting for PotatoGolem to give some orders. Though the idea of setting up Felidae as warrior queen of a Mad Max planet does amuse me...

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Banned

I'll happily bring the light of the God-Emperor to any group of miserable miscreants you care to point me at. I do feel, however, that we can achieve results quicker by committing a larger force, than relying on my ability to individually rough up every recalcitrant goon and hoodlum on the planet.

And even so, we'd still need a way to legitimize our claim. And while I doubt the Inquisition is in the business of giving away planets, and the Priesthood of Mars seems to be at odds with everyone - the Ecclesiarchy is on good terms, broadly speaking, with the administratum .. and just might be convinced they have interests that align with out own.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"No, silly, legitimacy isn't necessary. If you're the meanest bitch on the block and the locals do what you say, then Macharius doesn't need to be formally in control. You'd be the de facto governor in accordance with local tradition, and you decide to trade with Macharius exclusively. Or maybe Macharius and Lord Captain Jonell," she says, flashing the other Rogue Trader an impish grin. "Macharius wouldn't be laying claim to anything, just profiting from a friendly relationship with the planetary leadership, the same as everyone else that's been trading there since the Urussalins got themselves wiped out. The Administratum oughtn't have any reason to get their knickers in a twist!"

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

While I appreciate the suggestions, remember that we do have other engagements. Missing Winterscale's party because we were conquering a planet would be terribly gauche. For now, we can stop by a hive world to pick up the necessary supplies. Shall we be off?

He looks over at Felidae as they walk. Excellent thought to discuss the situation with the Ecclesiarchy, however. The natives are surely in need of the Creed, and we can provide the power to keep things safe and civilized. And the Mechanicum are not known for giving up archaeotech to others.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Banned

The planet has apparently been without adult supervision for a great many years - it's not impossible someone will swoop in and try to take it over while we're getting drunk at Winterscale's party. But odds are against it, and even if, we've not really lost anything. In fact, even if they do, our plan may prove to be better.

The local screwballs may even welcome the arrival of order - provided they can see their own place in it.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Firbolg in the Playground

++And the eccheeseiarchy is a toddler stomping around++
    ++Better to deal with Bureaucratic nightmare of the Administratum, a well crafted misdirection may take centuries to be discovered, possibly just in time for sector Kronus to be founded++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    While I appreciate the suggestions, remember that we do have other engagements. Missing Winterscale's party because we were conquering a planet would be terribly gauche. For now, we can stop by a hive world to pick up the necessary supplies. Shall we be off?
    'I feel like the people at that party would probably respect that as a reason for not showing up, but I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. I am somewhat ambivalent about whose authority we throw around as long as we're aware of any strings that might be attached. I mean, I couldn't even tell you how much of a presence the Ecclesiarchy has out here or how much they might wish to interfere with Macharius' business. The Mechanicus might at least give us a discount in the future if they like any arrangement we make.'

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Plus, we at least know the Mechanicus are already there," Hannabel notes distractedly.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Banned

Hm. I figure if the mechanicus considered it a priority, they would have sent in the skitarii long ago. And there's a fundamental difference between the two. Where the Mechanicus are likely to think we're trying to steal their secrets - there's really nothing the Eccleciarchy likes better than someone else doing their missionary work for them. It's not like we can really steal any souls.

But I'm not for or against any particular plan - I just think grabbing this planet sounds ... achievable. And worthwhile.

10. - Top - End - #1480

++Aside from our specific enclaves the Mechcanicus doesn't typically care for dominating planets like some other groups do, however since they are already in place we would do better by finding out out if they wish any change to occur or to be reinforced, its a more logical idea than rushing off and getting godbothers involved. Missionaries not much use unless you want a planet converted from what ever it was doing before to whatever you want it to do now. And even that takes a lot of time++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Banned

Are you not a cleric of the Priesthood of Mars, Tech-Priest? Is your Omnissiah not the God-Emperor?

I want neither the mechanicus nor the ecclesiarchy on that planet. I just want House Macharius to be able to tax it. To do that, we need someone to move the administratum. In principle I don't care either way - but the mechanicus just might take enough of an interest in the archaeo-tech to decide they want it for themselves. The ecclesiarchy on the other hand are hugely unlikely to pick this particular bit of forsaken backwater over any other random piece of neglected real estate in the galaxy.

12. - Top - End - #1482

++No i am not a "cleric", clerics are useless preachers. I am a Magos Biologist of the Adeptus Mechcanicus. The Omnissah is the Omnissah.++
    ++What you may want and who is there already you may not like but of all the organisations available the one who is most useful is there already++
    ++The ecclisiarchy is no more likely to move the Admin than anyone else (excusing the Inquisition, who generally don't care who owns a planet for tax purposes)++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: