New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Convoy VI: Run Bandit, Run

Kill maybe, injure no.

I thought that that I was saying that I'd kill kgato503, then AV, then Xihirli was clear enough about who I have suspicions of, but okay.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Another wall, another spoiler
    Spoiler: AvatarVecna
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by avatarvecna View Post
    eeny meeny miney murska
    Null
    switching to extrail. We're truckers, not murderers, we were just gonna beat people up so they couldn't mess with us.
    Dependent upon Extrail's alignment. Calling this null for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by requilac
    now that we are talking about the neutral role, i realized that their title was “hooper”. I don’t necessarily know what that means so i looked it up. Hooper is the old fashioned term for someone who makes and repairs casks and bottles. Anybody have a guess as to what powers a barrel maker would have in a game of ww?
    while that's a possibility i don't think that's actually what the neutral role "hooper" is referring to. If you google "hooper smokey and the bandit", you'll find that while "smokey and the bandit" is a 1977 movie made by hal needham starring burt reynolds and sally field, "hooper" is a 1978 movie made by hal needham starring burt reynolds and sally field. This could be a coincidence, but my bet is that the neutral hooper role for this game is based on the character burt reynolds played in that movie (namely, the titular sonny hooper, who is known in the world of that film as "the greatest stuntman alive"). A movie made by the same director, starring two of the same actors, and coming out the very next year, strikes me as a more likely source for this role's name.

My guess is that being a stuntman isn't nearly as illegal as a trucker convoy, so hooper's got a chance to avoid getting caught by the bears, but also has the choice to help out the convoy if he wants, which is why he's neutral. I kept this to myself in the previous game, because i didn't want to speculate randomly until we had narrator confirmation that the person who died was the one intended to die, but when greydeath survived being lynched in the first iteration of this game, i thought that while alpha was the obvious explanation, i also knew for a fact that greydeath wasn't the alpha, so i went looking for other explanations, and this seemed to fit the bill the best. Of course, for what it's worth, there should be two players in this game that know what hooper's abilities are, assuming all rolls were absolutely randomized. If the previous hooper is a townie, it might behoove them to inform the network of what hooper's power is, so they can take that into account.

Edit: And because i'm a dingus who forgets things when they get going like that, rakkoon. It was a 40% chance one of us would still be dirty. Guess i was right to trust the numbers over my feelings.
    Voting for a seer-claimed wolf. Null. Lots of speculation on the hooper, which leads me to believe that AV isn't it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by xihirli
    just on the name i would imagine perhaps a vortex power.
    what exactly makes you think "vortexer" about hooper? More to the point, the idea that there could be a vortexer at all in this game (first put forth by you), when it's far from a standard ww role and isn't a listed role in the op, was putting forth the idea that the seer's scry last night might not be accurate. The guy they scried has given up pretending not to be a wolf, you yourself are voting for them, and yet you're still pushing this theoretical scry-screwage?
    Here is the start of the current AV-Xihirli feud. IUnless this is bussing that got way out of hand, I don't see Wolf-AV telling this to wolf-Xihirli. No way they are teamed. This makes a better case for AV, and a worse one for Xihirli. Town points to AV.
    i'm just saying it doesn't feel super-townie that xihirli's first reaction to "the seer has caught another bear" is "what if the seer is wrong"...
    okay so unless bop was vortexed that means that both bears shared a spot on deathslayer's suspect list that's kinda weird.
    ...and it took her nearly 24 hours and the supposed bear in question admitting to it for her to finally follow the seer's lead.
    well rakkoon.
    and it's also a bit weird how rakkoon is voting for ds7. Is that a wolf trying to create distance between themselves and another wolf now that they're caught dead to rights, or is that a wolf trying to pretend that's what they're doing, thus casting suspicion on a townie who seems focused on a rather suspicious player.

Honestly, the only thing so far that makes me suspect ds7 instead of xihirli isn't anything ds7 or xihirli or logic or rakkoon or anybody else has done, but rather what ds7 hasn't yet done...namely, vote for rakkoon.
    just on the name i would imagine perhaps a vortex power.
    i'm fairly certain the role names are based on movie characters, not role powers. The baner isn't "blocker", it's "bandit". The closest i could see to "hooper" being a vortexer by the fluff is that hooper and bandit are played by the same actor (just different movies), so maybe hooper could confuse targeting by being bandit's lookalike? Except that that doesn't make nearly as much sense for general vortexing as much as specifically vortexing bandit and hooper (neither of whom should've returned a "bear" result to the seer anyway).

Edit: Additionally, that first post up there, where xihirli proposes the idea of a vortexer, and casts suspicion on ds7 while not voting for rakkoon? You know who else did all three of those things? Rakkoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon
    even i'm sure that bop is our seer! I'm not the fool bear though. I was in the first version of the game! Then it got reshuffled and i'm the snowman now. Is there a time-warp vortexer?
    Deathslayer7 for now
    edit: Again, not saying that absolutely means anything about xihirli. I'm just saying there's some weird parallels.
    This is more of the same "feud." This looks good again for AV, much less so for Xihirli.
    i never said that i didn't believe puppies was the seer, and i never said that i believed there was a vortex. I merely brought it up as a possibility.
    actions, and a lack thereof, speak volumes. When a basically-confirmed seer comes forward with a wolf-scry, your first post after there's can be "sure, but what if you're wrong somehow", but it should be accompanied by a vote for the person the seer has named, unless you have a specific reason to be asking "what if" rather than just general worries about vague roles and powers that maybe-exist in secret. Thus far, the only reasons i see to publicly question the validity of the scry are either:

1) you're a wolf who panicked and tried to subtly undercut the seer to cut another wolf some slack, when you should've at least joined the wagon on them to cover your tracks better.

2) you're the neutral vortexer who sabotaged our seer last night, and is now worried about town lynching a townie because of your interference.

3) you were the neutral vortexer in the non-game, and you think the odds are better that the person who's currently the neutral vortexer deliberately targeted the publicly-claimed seer, than the odds that the seer's first two scries both struck wolf.

Unfortunately, 1 is lynchworthy, 2 isn't much better, and 3 reveals info the narrator probably doesn't want shared.
    Good conclusions to draw. This looks like solving. +town points to AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by logic
    hey, rain dragon: You are my next iso. So please don't spam 500 more posts for me to analyze. Thanks.
    you want less participation because it makes your job as an active villager harder? I mean, okay, i guess there's a difference between posting and spamming, but still.
    Slight shade of me, but with good reason. +town points.
    thanks to all and we're good.

Okay, if anyone was confusing us with the vortexer thing it was vecna. I mentioned it offhand, and he basically hammered it in in every single one of his posts.

Alright, xihirli, so far all you have done is try to confuse and derail our investigations.
    For example?

Don’t hide behind vortexers this time.
    I never did that.

You have been of suspicion since day one and you just seem to exponentially grow in it.
    Okay there ya go.

Whenever we question you, you provide only the most dodgy, incoherent answers in an attempt to throw of us.
    For example?

Not to mention your apparent hesitancy in votes even after conclusive evidence was found to say the least. What say you in your defense?
    I wasn't hesitant to vote for rakkoon i just knew that it was basically unnecessary with the landslide raining down on him.

I'm actually getting suspicious of av and requilac. Since bop was a confirmed seer, i, as an afterthought, mentioned the only instance by which i was aware that their scry could be false. And after that offhand mention you two tackled it as though i had thrown you a bone to allow you to look like you were pointing out a suspicious person and offering analysis when it was in fact you who were confusing issues and derailing actual discussion.

I'm gonna vote avatarvecna but i don't see my suspicions actually panning out until after i flip.

But hey, that works for me. The villagers are far enough ahead that we can afford to lynch me.
    i tackled it because it was a stupid idea, and was never anything other than a stupid idea.

Edit: Or an intentionally malicious one, which was the point. I'd rather believe that you're a panicky wolf than a stupid villager, but if the shoe fits...

Edit 2: avatarvecna, 'cause who knows, xihirli's bound to have a good idea sometime.
    Other than self-voting, this looks pretty good. Since it's par for AV, I'm calling this town points.
    Quote Originally Posted by rain dragon
    i don't feel so good about this reaction either and then a self vote as well?
    getting salty and self-voting is a tradition. This time, it's in regards to "nobody seems to be reacting much other than me to a suppose townie casting suspicion on the scry result and not voting for a seer-confirmed wolf" combined with "said supposed-townie pretends it was a passing comment, even though she continued pushing the idea of a vortexer existing even after the wolf admitted their status and the supposed-townie voted for them" combined with "supposed-townie thinks i'm suspicious for considering her 'throwing suspicion on the confirmed-seer's wolf scry, and not voting for the confirmed-seer's wolf scry' actions to be suspicious".

If questioning those who (even in an indirect and possibly unintentional fashion) question the reliability of the seer is suspicious behavior, there's a lot of games where a lot of other seer-defenders should've been on the chopping block.
    On the fence between slightly townie and null.
    Quote Originally Posted by logic
    i could be recalling incorrectly, but isn't not self-voting one of your wolf tells?
    nope. Every game. Generally, when i self-vote as a wolf, i either do it on a runaway wagon like kish mentioned (when i'm just salty about getting caught), or i do it as some kind of one-of thing (jumping on a bandwagon i know won't go anywhere when somebody randoms me). Of course, i could be aware of this pattern, and deliberately mislead people by playing wolf by pretending to be a villager who's throwing the game, but i'm not sure if that could be called a "cunning" strategy exactly.
    AV explaining his habits is a null, especially since he is telling the truth.

TL;DR
    Without knowing Xihirli's alignment, I'll call AV town with 75% confidence. If Xihirli flips wolf, AV is lock town. If Xihirli flips villager, I'll call AV town with 66% confidence. As for neutral-Xihirli, I think AV is about the same as a pre-flip Xihirli; 75%, but higher if the Neutral is indeed a vortexor.

AV was the first to pressure Xihirli about the vortexor comments, and hasn't really let up. That's not how you wolf together, so I'm going to say with confidence that these two are not teamed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

I honestly do think my flip is going to give village more information than most other results that could happen so I guess I'm okay with where this is going.

Chop off one head, two more shall continue to live until you chop off all of our heads.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alright, I think I'll vote Xihirili. Given everything she has said, I don't really get a Trucker vibe from her, and I feel more confident in lynching them then one of the other fore runners.

As to my lack of humor earlier, I tend to be a bit goal driven when dealing with objectives/problem solving, and I had also meant my comment itself to be a little humorous. I was just worried that things would get side tracked, since we had seen a few posts after the Monty Python reference that had not really contributed to the overall discussion (and yes, I was also half expecting to get an "I'm being oppressed" comment from Kish ). A little humor is fine, but I would have preferred if the post with the initial reference had contained more discussion material.
    Last edited by kgato503; 2018-05-03 at 05:51 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I've been a bit busy. I just tend to be a busy person.

From my read through the day so far, I think Xihirli is the best choice. As she said, it will probably help town most based on her reads and other people's reads on her.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I honestly do think my flip is going to give village more information than most other results that could happen so I guess I'm okay with where this is going.

Chop off one head, two more shall continue to live until you chop off all of our heads.
    While I don't think doing this is villagery, I think the way you are going about this specifically is, and I'm super not fond of [color=#FF0000]Duck[color]'s vote there, timing- and content-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

then again, I'm not quite sure what to make of her last sentence
    Last edited by Cuthalion; 2018-05-03 at 06:50 PM.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

7. - Top - End - #367

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    From my read through the day so far, I think Xihirli is the best choice. As she said, it will probably help town most based on her reads and other people's reads on her.
    Can you clarify this? I'm rather thrown by "we should kill Xihirli like Xihirli said," even though it's technically accurate that she said that--if you think she's town wouldn't killing someone else be a better choice? What's the scenario (that is possible with the existing roles) where she's town but her death is worth more to town than her alive and someone else's death?

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

I mean obviously killing a wolf would be preferable to killing me but I do think that you'll get a lot of info from my flip so my vanilager head is put to best use on the chopping block.

I think what Duck's saying is that I'm a good choice and even if I flip town you gain something.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

kgato503 for the lynch.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Getting salty and self-voting is a tradition.
    Maybe the post rubbed me the wrong way for the wrong reasons.
    I'm not very good at looking at salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by the spicy wolf reads.
    I usually see 'spicy' used in a card game to refer to an interesting card choice that isn't typical of those sorts of decks.
    So here my best guess is reads that are different to the crowd that are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Hm. My experience with him is that his range is very wide and that he's quite able to put out a lot of very "villagery" content if he tries, and I really don't see how what he's done this game lines up with that high confidence of a statement.

-snip-

it just seems like you made the reads but don't actually believe that they're as strong as you think they are?

-snip-
    I haven't played a game with Kish before so I'll trust on that first statement?

That second one's a good point, so I'll keep my vote in place for the moment. Xihirli's in the lead and I'm not really convinced of AV's suspiciousness outside the narrow focus on Xihirli. As Logic said I think there's a very low chance they're both wolf (if one of them is).

I don't think this is more accurate for you than for other vanillagers.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

Day over.

But here are some answers to questions, to hold you over `til the narration:

Generally speaking, does the Hooper's win condition overrule the other side's win conditions? Meaning, if the Hooper wins, will the Truckers and Smokeys both lose? Or do they win in addition to the winning side? If Hooper wins, the game continues for the Truckers and Smokeys until one side or the other wins.

For The Bandit, the description says "he can try to keep Justice and his Smokeys away from his cargo, and also his co-conspirators." Does that mean he only has a percentage chance of succeeding in protecting them? If so, what is the percentage, if I may asking? The percentage you ask for is basically the 1 in 17 chance he has of correctly choosing which trucker to protect from being Night Killed by the Smokeys. If he chooses someone, they are 100% protected from the Smokeys, for that night.

So far, he's been right 66.666% of the time.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2018-05-03 at 11:55 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #372
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    So far, he's been right 66.666% of the time.
    Glad that I could be statistically significant.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Day 4

It was this day that the truckers in the convoy noticed something truly strange. Making her way to the front of the line was a dark-skinned woman... on what looked to be a motorized tricycle. Trailing behind the motorized trike, there was a wagon laden with cakes. Cakes of many varieties and designs, that were teetering on the brink of destruction, but somehow not falling off the wagon. But most importantly, somehow, every driver she passed knew, knew, that those cakes were delicious. And they all wanted one for themselves!

MalevolentKindness was oblivious to the needs of those poor souls she passed. Her mind was elsewhere, thinking of the poor kiddies at the homeless shelter who needed something delicious to take their minds off the worries of the world. She was single-mindedly determined to deliver these cakes, in a timely manner. And so she didn't notice that the trucks were all following after her now, speeding up, and determined to stop her.

Well, she didn't notice that is, until one of the trucks found an opening in traffic, sped up, and turned his truck sharply in front of her. He almost jack-knifed his rig, but didn't care. Pixie-baked cakes were the only things on his mind. It was a horrible traffic jam. Poor MalevolentKindness was delayed in her delivery for hours. From that point on, she knew that she needed to stick to the backroads, or get herself a better mode of delivery.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Xihirli was a trucker, delayed while trying to deliver happiness through pixie-baked cakes.

((For those who don't know, my avatar used to be a stick-figure pixie, bearing a cake. That is, until Photobucket turned out to be a bunch of @*******!!! ))

Night 5 Begins
    (And will end in 24 hours, with no more hammering.)

Missed 1 Day

Missed 2 Days

Auto-Lynch Replacement(s)
    GrayDeath

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Players Handle Cargo eliminated Role
    07 GrayDeath Milkyway 25,000 Liters of Milk Day 1 Trucker
    10 Aventine Big Bird Extensive Variety of Birds Day 2 Deputy Cletus Hogg
    12 Rakkoon Big Rak "Corn baby... just corn" Day 3 Deputy Junior Justice
    04 BasketOfPuppies Suicide Dog Gasoline Night 3 "Frog" or Lisette
    08 Xihirli MalevolentKindness Pixie-Baked Cakes Day 4 Trucker
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
    01 Ramsus Wayward Son Load of 1967 Chevy Impalas
    02 kgato503 Big Cat Asserted Pet Toys
    03 Requilac The Rabid Goat Goats, Rabies Vaccines, and/or the Crown Jewels of England
    05 Cuthalion Reputation "Time itself, because why not?"
    06 AvatarVecna Primal Dan Halloween Masks
    09 DeathSlayer7 The Mystery Machine The Gang, plus Sam and Dean
    11 Kish Airship Smoke
    13 Logic SpaceCamp Little Plastic Spaceship Toys
    14 Duck999 Ernie Rubber Ducks
    15 Murska Optics Fully functional MH-6 Little Bird scout helicopter
    16 Rain Dragon Rain Dragon Assorted Parcels of Random Stuff.
    17 Extrail The Dragon Master Roleplaying games, paraphernalia, and dragon related pieces of all uses.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2018-05-04 at 12:40 AM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

I loved that, Lex. And I will never forget that you are the Pixy with a cake.
    I was something truly strange, and I will forever know that.

Love you, Lex!

Good luck, town!

Spoiler: AVENGE ME
    Show
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

*crickets*

I don't like how almost no one has said anything in the past 12 hours. Like everyone is playing with their cards too close to their vest.

Xihirli's villager flip was unexpected, but it wasn't that shocking.

- - - Updated - - -

Kish's ISO is next. I may not finish it before dawn.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    That about sums it up, I'm afraid. I'm not sure I can add much more. As for recent silence, I am preparing for an extremely busy week, and thus my posts may not be of the best quality or frequency (I will still try to post).
    Last edited by kgato503; 2018-05-05 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

17. - Top - End - #377
    Titan in the Playground

Xihirli seemed to think there was information to be gained from her death. Perhaps we could look at people's reads on her, or vice versa, and see what info can be found.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Ehh, I got a little caught up in life and couldn’t post for that period. I don’t have much to say really. Someone (I think Logic) did point out that it was unlikely AV and Xihirli would be on the same team because of how at eachother’s throats they were, so I would place my vote on AV. Might as well keep the bandwagon rolling if it’s already formed, eh? Not that we shouldn’t discuss who we found suspicious of course. Not much data to glean from Xihrili being a trucker at first glance though.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    *crickets*

I don't like how almost no one has said anything in the past 12 hours. Like everyone is playing with their cards too close to their vest.

I mean obviously killing a wolf would be preferable to killing me but I do think that you'll get a lot of info from my flip so my vanilager head is put to best use on the chopping block.

I think what Duck's saying is that I'm a good choice and even if I flip town you gain something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    I don't think this is more accurate for you than for other vanillagers.
    I still think the above as for this.

Also, it's the weekend so I've been largely AFK and I expect plenty of others have too.
    It's possible previous voting patterns combined with knowing Xihirli's town and if anyone wolfy was driving the wagon would be what the above was referring to? I'll look at that when I have more time.

Yesterday's wagon was also not very close. It's easy for wolves to hide, I think.

(My copy of the D4 tally, please let me know if something's wrong)

Spoiler
    Show
    Day 4

Xihirli (6) - Requilac, Deathslayer7, Logic, Extrail, Kgato, Duck999
    AvatarVecna (3) - Kish, Xihirli, AvatarVecna, Ramsus
    Kish (1) - Rain Dragon, Cuthalion
    Extrail (1) - Murska
    Duck999 (1) - Cuthalion
    Kgato (1) - AvatarVecna

20. - Top - End - #380
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

there's only 2 truckers left right?
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-05-06 at 10:52 AM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extrail View Post
    there's only 2 truckers left right?
    *starts to protest*

*pauses to do a role-count*

I think so?

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

The vanilla villagers?
    By my count yes, and one of them is the snowman.

(I thought you meant Bears; there's the alpha and devil left)

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    The vanilla villagers?
    By my count yes, and one of them is the snowman.

(I thought you meant Bears; there's the alpha and devil left)
    There is still one other vanilla bear left too.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

what's the snowman?
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-05-07 at 10:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

NOTE: Sorry for the delay. I forgot to check in over the weekend. On a positive, Cuthalion found me my pixie!! Now you can all once again bask in my glorious cake-bearing avatar!

Night 4

((NOTE: To begin with, I have never watched Supernatural. Buuuut, I did record the Supernatural/Scooby Doo episode.... only to delete it after fearing that Daphne would give in to the affections of the gross, but evidently popular, Dean. This show has been going for 13 seasons? Color me impressed. Anyway...))

The Scooby Gang, plus Sam and Dean, are driving down the freeway, heading Winchester County, Virginia. Dean sits in the way back with Scooby and Shaggy, watching in amazement as Shaggy makes another of his famous sandwiches. Velma sits in the middle, opposite of Sam, discussing supernatural things. And Daphne and Fred sit up front, as usual. But this time, Daphne is driving, because she wants to.

Everything is going just fine and groovy. Some hokey sixties-esque music is sounding over the radio, and everyone is grooving to the music in one way or another. Suddenly, Daphne slams on the brakes, and the mystery machine comes to a screeching halt. Shaggy's latest creation goes flying toward the front, only to be quickly gobbled down by Scooby.

The music goes eerily quiet for some reason, and everyone looks forward to see why the sudden stop occurred. Up ahead, there is a long line of semis slowing traffic. Real, live-action semis. As in, not a cartoon. Daphne looks to the others, then gasps loudly. As everyone else looks about them, they realize that they're all live action!

Deciding this was her chance to have some adult fun with Fred, Daphne pulls off to the side, turns off the engine, and takes Fred's hand and nearly yanks him out of the van and they both head into the woods. Dean frowns, then shrugs his shoulders. The duo hop out and begin to make their way down the Freeway. They don't get far, when a familiar face pulls up and gives them a ride home. Velma waves bye to Sam, then sits back to enjoy the sound of Shaggy and Scooby talking about food.

Meanwhile, up ahead, the reason traffic has backed up is that old man Mr. B, the undertaker of Jefferson County, dies while apparently driving down the Freeway. They're uncertain of the circumstances, all the police will say is that his heart apparently gave out.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    The Scooby Gang get real. Deathslayer7 was a Mr. B, who found himself on the wrong side of a casket.

Day 5 Begins
    (And will end in 48 hours.)

Missed 1 Day

Missed 2 Days

Auto-Lynch Replacement(s)
    GrayDeath

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Players Handle Cargo eliminated Role
    07 GrayDeath Milkyway 25,000 Liters of Milk Day 1 Trucker
    10 Aventine Big Bird Extensive Variety of Birds Day 2 Deputy Cletus Hogg
    12 Rakkoon Big Rak "Corn baby... just corn" Day 3 Deputy Junior Justice
    04 BasketOfPuppies Suicide Dog Gasoline Night 3 "Frog" or Lisette
    08 Xihirli MalevolentKindness Pixie-Baked Cakes Day 4 Trucker
    09 DeathSlayer7 The Mystery Machine The Gang, plus Sam and Dean Night 4 Mr. B
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
    01 Ramsus Wayward Son Load of 1967 Chevy Impalas
    02 kgato503 Big Cat Asserted Pet Toys
    03 Requilac The Rabid Goat Goats, Rabies Vaccines, and/or the Crown Jewels of England
    05 Cuthalion Reputation "Time itself, because why not?"
    06 AvatarVecna Primal Dan Halloween Masks
    11 Kish Airship Smoke
    13 Logic SpaceCamp Little Plastic Spaceship Toys
    14 Duck999 Ernie Rubber Ducks
    15 Murska Optics Fully functional MH-6 Little Bird scout helicopter
    16 Rain Dragon Rain Dragon Assorted Parcels of Random Stuff.
    17 Extrail The Dragon Master Roleplaying games, paraphernalia, and dragon related pieces of all uses.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Still not a huge fan of anything Duck999's been doing this game, regardless of business. Floating around, jumping on bad wagons at worse points.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    On a positive, Cuthalion found me my pixie!! Now you can all once again bask in my glorious cake-bearing avatar![/COLOR]
    *Ghostly fade-in*

YAAAAAAY!

*Ghostly fade-out*
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Still not a huge fan of anything Duck999's been doing this game, regardless of business. Floating around, jumping on bad wagons at worse points.
    OK Cuth, why? This post of yours sticks out, so I did ISOs of you and Duck, back to back.

Spoiler: Duck's ISO
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    BasketofPuppies, why not.
    Kish, why.
    D1 vote. Looks about as random as most D1 votes since neither player has flipped yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrail
    Graydeath yeah let's kill him
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon
    Woah, bloodthirsty.
    Too bloodthirsty, Extrail.
    Lots of people were on this wagon, (myself included, prior to the bloodthirsty comments), but Extrail is still around. Possible that this is a wolf post from Duck, but still reasonably townie. Calling this null.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    I wholeheartedly agree and don’t expect to keep my vote on Graydeath all day.
    I know Xihirli might have just missed when the end of the day was, but this was posted about 3 hours before the day was supposed to (and did) end. I'm not sure why you would say this without just changing votes then. For lack of anything better than this, Xihirli.
    Early post of the day. Suspicious of Xihirli before the bizarre posts that drew everyone's ire to Xihirli. Better than a d2 random vote, with reasonable justification. Looks null considering Xihirli turned flipped townie.
    Sorry I've been out all day.
    Aventine, I suppose.
    While he wasn't present earlier in the day phase, he might have meant all real-world day, not game day (see previous post.) This is a last minute vote on an outed wolf. (11 minutes prior to EOD) This might be one of those "too wolfy to be a wolf" moments, becuase jumping on the wagon of a wolf last minute never gives you any town credit. But, we also didn't know for sure exactly when the day was going to end, so he might have had no idea how close to cutoff he was. Calling this slightly wolfy.
    rakkoon. I assume at this point most power roles have claimed to BoP?
    Could be powerrole-fishing. Could be bussing. Could be fishing for false claims from wolves. Not exactly liking this post.
    Sorry I've been a bit busy. I just tend to be a busy person.

A fair assessment, but this is also slightly parroting me. It's possible to have the same thoughts, but this doesn't look like a lot of work was put into this thought, and while wolves can coast by, Duck coasts no matter his role. I cannot ever pin him down because of it. I wanna call this null, but I can't tell if this post was legitimately thought out to convey how (exaggeratedly) busy he is, or if is due to an actual busy lifestyle. I'm calling this NEEDS MORE DATA.

Because you've been almost as inactive, and here is your ISO
    Spoiler: Cuthalion
    Show
    Duck999 for no particular reason.
    D1 random vote, calling it no particular reason. Most everyone does a D1 random vote, including wolves. Officially calling this null, and while I want to look at this with a more suspicious lens, but there simply isn't enough there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgato
    With this game, one vote can start a rock slide. At the time, they had not responded since the restart, and it seemed like a good idea to see what they might do. I never said it was a lot of pressure.
    I'm sorry, but. Just want to clarify, you're suggesting that one vote could cause some reaction by other forces in the game, whether myself or not, and thus cause good results?

I think your reasoning is fine and don't mind the pressure whatsoever, just want to make sure I understand you and can take that into the context of this game in general.
    Pressing Kgato for answers. Looks more towny than wolfy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kgato
    I think "good" is a bit subjective. Any bandwagon starts with a single vote, or even just a comment, and then somehow gains momentum. A lot depends on context, and how things are worded. Take the number of votes on Extrail since he cast his vote. The wording of Extrail's vote was called out soon after by RainDragon (but no vote was cast for Extrail by RainDragon), and then followed by Duck999 agreeing and voting for Extrail, and now several people have agreed and voted for Extrail.

In my case, I was calling out an inactive player to show up, and was looking for their reaction. Others may have chosen, at that time, to jump onboard to target an inactive player (which I have seen happen). That would be the rock slide I was referring to. If you responded, we would have more data to work with. If a bandwagon to beat you into a pulp got rolling (and won) then you would be removed from play, and we would know what your roll was (and thus, more data, and maybe getting rid of a bear). Data is good. Getting rid of bears is good. Accidentally beating fellow truckers to a pulp, not so good.

Does that clear things up?
    I like this response a lot, and it makes me feel pretty strongly about your villagerhood.
    I think this speaks more about Kgato than Cuth. Could be townie/townie or townie/wolf, but I highly doubt wolf/wolf. Also, I thought for sure I already did an ISO of Kgato, but I can't find it anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus
    I'll vote for Requilac since we should at least try to vote non-randomly on day 2. (Though honestly yeah, I would love some good logic to vote for someone than is better than this too.)
    I'm having a bit of trouble trying to read his post. Surface level, I like it, but at the same time I totally remember saying stuff like that when I was relatively new to WW and was like "hurh hurh this will make me look like a villager."

Don't want to vote at this point, but not a wagon I would argue against strongly.
    This looks like another possible townie/townie or townie/wolf, but do wolves usually talk like this to each other? In my experience, no.
    Want to call Logic a villager for burying Xihirli regardless of her alignment; still trying to parse exactly what to make of the whole Deathslayer List Shebango. I think reflexively calling the peek a potential vortex is... not necessarily problematic in and of itself but indicates a sort of... caution or reason to not trust the result, but isn't necessarily particular alignment indicative.

I think the Seer being on Deathslayer's list is probably of literally no consequence; multiple wolves would actually be something the wolf team would know at that stage in the game, whereas town power roles probably wouldn't be in this case.

Req's been pretty open and villagery in his approach, I feel.

Not really sure where to go vote-wise, but could definitely stand to reread some.
    Possibly pocketing of me, if Cuth is a wolf. Deathslayer's Mason flip reveals more to the list Cuth references here. He's said the same about Req as I did (not sure which timestamp precedes) and then states he'll read more. Not sure what came of that. I'm flagging this post for future reference. This looks like something of note, one way or another. Can't call it null, but can't catergorize it full either. So I'll call this "interesting" for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish
    Murska is being as towny as I've ever seen him. Whatever that's worth.
    Could you expand on this read, please?
    A rather reasonable question to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish
    Not really, I'm afraid. It's purely emotional; his first-two-days behavior is too existent to qualify as laying low and doesn't feel shifty to me the way what I've seen of Murska-Wolf and Murska-Wolf-Friendly-Neutral does.
    Hm. My experience with him is that his range is very wide and that he's quite able to put out a lot of very "villagery" content if he tries, and I really don't see how what he's done this game lines up with that high confidence of a statement.

Kish.The stated confidence doesn't really line up with the rest of your actions or play, and in particular I get the feeling you made a couple of wolf reads that were spicy, but then... just... have proceeded to do literally nothing with them since (you also missed Logic's question, but that's not an issue). It's not that I'd expect you to go for their throats, but it just seems like you made the reads but don't actually believe that they're as strong as you think they are?

Thoughts?
    This looks a little more towny than most of Cuths other posts, but still could be a wolf leaping on a townie misstep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli

While I don't think doing this is villagery, I think the way you are going about this specifically is, and I'm super not fond of [color=#FF0000]Duck[color]'s vote there, timing- and content-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

then again, I'm not quite sure what to make of her last sentence
    And the 2nd (attempted) of three votes against Duck. If Cuth is town, this most looks like tunneling. If Cuth is a wolf, this could be fake-tunneling. Calling this out as wolfy because of the failed vote.
    And here is the post that I think is just short of the pot calling the kettle black.

So, since this is a 2-in1 ISO post, I have to give both Duck and Cuthalion each a slight wolf lean. But they can't both be wolves; this is not how wolves win. You don't bus a fellow this late in the game when the start went as badly as it did for them, unless the goal is to put your team out of its misery. It looks like Cuth has been on Duck's case all game, which is distancing supreme if they are both wolves (I personally don't think so.) For now, I will withhold my vote, but I am more inclined to vote for Cuthalion than Duck.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389

I'm...dubious about kgato503, still, but on current reflection I find AvatarVecna currently more suspicious than anyone else.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Alright AV, I am growing suspicious of this whole vortexer business you have been going on about. I think we all recognize how unlikely that is, yet you seem to keep perpetuating it. I can’t say I am I personally too confident on this, but the bandwagon already been made and your death will give us a lot of information to work off of. I don’t see a good enough reason to refuse jumping on it . So AvaterVecna, care to explain yourself? Almost all sorts of conversation is good (unless it causes mass confusion), so speaking up is good for us all.

Edit: This post has been edited to remove wording which could potentially be found offensive.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-05-08 at 07:36 PM.
    -