New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Convoy VI: Run Bandit, Run

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'm...dubious about kgato503, still, but on current reflection I find AvatarVecna currently more suspicious than anyone else.
    This seems kind of sketchy. Gives two different suspicions and a basis for neither. Some reasoning was given yesterday, but it wasn't very strong, and we have half a day's worth of information more to go on. I'd really like some more, especially on what makes AV more suspicious that kgato.

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Alright AV, I am beggining to get really sick of this vortexer business you have been spewing. I think we all recognize how unlikely that is, yet you seem to keep perpetuating it. I can’t say I am I personally too confident on this, but the bandwagon already been made and your death will give us a lot of information to work off of. I don’t see a good enough reason to refuse jumping on it . So AvaterVecna, care to explain yourself? Almost all sorts of conversation is good (unless it causes mass confusion), so speaking up is good for us all.
    I feel like this vortexer thing is being overdone. Sure, it sounds like some crazy conspiracy, but that's all it really sounds like to me. If you want to vote AV, go ahead, but I suggest finding a better reason. This seems like a little weak of reasoning for this point in the game. Slight FoS on Requilac.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    kgato503 for the lynch.
    Now this. This is what I don't like. This at the very end of the day, not even trying to agree with someone else. Any explanation for this AV?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to put a vote on AvatarVecna so that he feels obligated to answer Duck's question. (Though I'm a bit confused as to why Duck himself didn't do that.)

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

I'm...dubious about kgato503, still, but on current reflection I find AvatarVecna currently more suspicious than anyone else.
    Interesting statement. Figures that it's not accompanied by anything.

Alright AV, I am beggining to get really sick of this vortexer business you have been spewing. I think we all recognize how unlikely that is, yet you seem to keep perpetuating it. I can’t say I am I personally too confident on this, but the bandwagon already been made and your death will give us a lot of information to work off of. I don’t see a good enough reason to refuse jumping on it . So AvaterVecna, care to explain yourself? Almost all sorts of conversation is good (unless it causes mass confusion), so speaking up is good for us all.
    The whole thing about the vortexer was because I thought it was a dumb idea, and that presenting it as a possibility did nothing but attempt to damage the seer's credibility for no discernible reason. I suspected malice where, as it turns out, stupidity was responsible. My conclusions were wrong, but not my motives. When people started putting pressure on Xihirli yesterday, I got to watch the reaction...and I got what I wanted. I kept perpetuating the conversation about the vortexer comments because nobody else seemed to be calling Xihirli on her awful, anti-town idea, and Xihirli was being dodgy about the 'why'. I wanted answers, I wanted analysis, and instead I got accusations.

I also like how you're pressuring one of the more active townies, rather than the quiet veterans who've been slipping under the radar. Good to know you want conversation where you weren't getting any.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Now this. This is what I don't like. This at the very end of the day, not even trying to agree with someone else. Any explanation for this AV?
    I wasn't aware I had to side with anybody. You want an explanation? I voted for the person I had the strongest suspicion of, and I wanted to make sure to declare my suspicion of kgato503 in case I died in the night. Today's activities haven't lessened my suspicions either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I'm going to put a vote on AvatarVecna so that he feels obligated to answer Duck's question. (Though I'm a bit confused as to why Duck himself didn't do that.)
    Yes, Ramsus, that's how it works. Voting for me makes me likely to cooperate.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-05-08 at 05:21 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm on mobile and undecided on who to vote for so I'll pressure Extrail because unless I missed it Extrail hasn't really voiced much in the way of opinions on anything and is another quiet floaty one. (There was the post mentioning agreeing with some statements and no new thoughts, but not which statements.)

The whole thing about the vortexer was because I thought it was a dumb idea, and that presenting it as a possibility did nothing but attempt to damage the seer's credibility for no discernible reason. I suspected malice where, as it turns out, stupidity was responsible.
    I don't think the above is suspicious or anything, but it's harder for me to read because it feels like instead of conversation we have cutting remarks which I've underlined examples of.

Requilac did the same thing yesterday and said confrontation is good.
    Sure, but like, they can be worded in a way that isn't calling others stupid or likening their posts with barf. You could replace 'been spewing' with more neutral 'tunneling in on' and still mean the same, right?

Something I missed earlier, but partway through the game it seems Requilac changed from being confused to opening the day with these style of posts. Is that fishy? It seems like it's to lead town around with persuasive language more than foster conversation. I'm inclined to think it's fishy, but as I said above I just don't like reading posts like that so I'm almost definitely biased.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2018-05-09 at 10:52 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

5. - Top - End - #395
    Colossus in the Playground

I thought I'd talked more about my current perspective than a lot of people yesterday. I'm voting for the same person today I did then. I was tempted to go for kgato503, but since they explained the "don't joke" thing, I'm not as certain as I'd like to be that I'm not getting hung up on a joke myself now. There's nothing personal about it. Promise.

I don't think Requilac is experienced enough to be trying to lead town around, though, like Rain Dragon, I would prefer a less rude tone on principle. This is a game; I would hope that everyone wants it to stay fun for everyone whoever wins.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. There is suspicion against me, but not really any questions I can directly addressed (unless I missed something).
    I wasn't aware I had to side with anybody. You want an explanation? I voted for the person I had the strongest suspicion of, and I wanted to make sure to declare my suspicion of kgato503 in case I died in the night. Today's activities haven't lessened my suspicions either.
    It was less "you have to side with somebody" and more you didn't even bother to explain with something as small as "I agree with _____" Can you be any more specific about your suspicion?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I feel as if I have some apologies to make. I never realized I was being offensive to anyone, and such was never my intention. I held no bad will towards Xihrili, and don’t by any means dislike AvatarVecna. If I am being honest I believe I may have had a slight misinterpretation of how the game should be played.

Originally if you hadn’t realized I started out quite timid and courteous, but after seeing the other people’s comments I began to grow a little more raucous. With Extrail’s bloodthrist (yeah, let’s kill them), Logic’s hyper-detailed probing + open proclamations of mistrust and AV’s emotionally charged wording began to instill upon me a false sense of what is acceptable.

This is a game after all where we are all trying to lynch each-other, so some vehemence is in order after all, right? Reasonably I as someone who is playing as a paranoid trucker trying to take down the cops who were trying to arrest him and all his friends, it seemed reasonable for me to show some open signs of aggression. But I am afraid what I failed to recognize is that WW is not a roleplaying game and there is not a great divide between what the character and their player believe.

Let me clear something up by saying that I don’t dislike anyone here at all and am not actually that concerned with who wins or loses, I was trying to represent how my character would reasonably be feeling to th best of my ability. My false assumption on how the game should be played led me to say things which I did not immediately recognize as out of turn. I am very sorry if I have made anyone feel insulted. From now on I will begin clearing up my behavior.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I'd missed that.
    In my experience, there's relatively little RP in WW/mafia games but it does happen.
    I usually separate them very clearly so there can't be confusion. At the start of the day people were doing some RP and I usually would too, but I'm not actually very familiar with the setting.

Sorry if I seemed harsh, I wasn't meaning to make it a big deal.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to. There is suspicion against me, but not really any questions I can directly addressed (unless I missed something).

It was less "you have to side with somebody" and more you didn't even bother to explain with something as small as "I agree with _____" Can you be any more specific about your suspicion?
    My primary suspicion was Xihirli, and I had weaker gut feelings on some other people. Once I became convinced Xihirli was a villager, I placed my vote elsewhere. I'm sorry it's probably not the answer you were looking for, but actual reasons to kill people are kinda difficult when half the players are barely doing anything.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #400
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Let's see i don't know how to read people I don't know game works i don't have any powers to work on or people to know, and have no idea who to vote for so. Of course. I'm going to be quiet. I can't add anything besides who i vote for. Honestly I'm fine for having 1 vote be on me every day, because I'm not much use either way. I don't know how to play this game, and yet because of a pm I'm playing it. I'm trying to do my best by reading ,and guessing who's a wolf. Just having a worse understanding then others, so yes call me a noob. It's not like I know how to play anymore then i did previously. Avatarvecna Because frankly from what i've rewad about other assessments that he is likely to be a wolf more than most.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    *snip*
    I don't think the above is suspicious or anything, but it's harder for me to read because it feels like instead of conversation we have cutting remarks which I've underlined examples of.

Requilac did the same thing yesterday and said confrontation is good.
    Sure, but like, they can be worded in a way that isn't calling others stupid or likening their posts with barf. You could replace 'been spewing' with more neutral 'tunneling in on' and still mean the same, right?
    The first part I agree with. I'd rather keep the game as polite as possible. Xihirli made a mistake of judgement, and I'd rather not accuse her of being stupid. We all make mistakes, but that is no reason to insult each other, even half hiding it. Please, can we all remain civil?

"Spew" is a term I've come to accept as just a synonym for talking in werewolf games. Especially if it is done before a player death, and that yields information about wolves.
    I feel as if I have some apologies to make. I never realized I was being offensive to anyone, and such was never my intention. I held no bad will towards Xihrili, and don’t by any means dislike AvatarVecna. If I am being honest I believe I may have had a slight misinterpretation of how the game should be played.

Originally if you hadn’t realized I started out quite timid and courteous, but after seeing the other people’s comments I began to grow a little more raucous. With Extrail’s bloodthrist (yeah, let’s kill them), Logic’s hyper-detailed probing + open proclamations of mistrust and AV’s emotionally charged wording began to instill upon me a false sense of what is acceptable.

This is a game after all where we are all trying to lynch each-other, so some vehemence is in order after all, right? Reasonably I as someone who is playing as a paranoid trucker trying to take down the cops who were trying to arrest him and all his friends, it seemed reasonable for me to show some open signs of aggression. But I am afraid what I failed to recognize is that WW is not a roleplaying game and there is not a great divide between what the character and their player believe.

Let me clear something up by saying that I don’t dislike anyone here at all and am not actually that concerned with who wins or loses, I was trying to represent how my character would reasonably be feeling to th best of my ability. My false assumption on how the game should be played led me to say things which I did not immediately recognize as out of turn. I am very sorry if I have made anyone feel insulted. From now on I will begin clearing up my behavior.
    This is a game of deception of an informed minority, and therefore mistrust by the uninformed majority. I can only help town by being upfront about it. I do not believe I crossed any lines with my probing and declarations of intentions, but if I have done so, I would hope people feel comfortable enough to tell me so. I shall alter my playstyle if that is what is desired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extrail View Post
    Let's see i don't know how to read people I don't know game works i don't have any powers to work on or people to know, and have no idea who to vote for so. Of course. I'm going to be quiet. I can't add anything besides who i vote for. Honestly I'm fine for having 1 vote be on me every day, because I'm not much use either way. I don't know how to play this game, and yet because of a pm I'm playing it. I'm trying to do my best by reading ,and guessing who's a wolf. Just having a worse understanding then others, so yes call me a noob. It's not like I know how to play anymore then i did previously. Avatarvecna Because frankly from what i've rewad about other assessments that he is likely to be a wolf more than most.
    I'm taking this as a vanillager claim.

But the glory of being a vanilla townie is that by being loud, you have less for town to lose when you expire. Sure, there is the chance you get offed earlier than you were expecting, and having to stop playing kinda sucks, but in a funny kind of way, it's the vanillagers that are the most powerful: they are expendable. Your words in death all of a sudden carry a greater weight. That is your power. Because you are guessing and probing to find the cracks in the defenses of the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    But the glory of being a vanilla townie is that by being loud, you have less for town to lose when you expire. Sure, there is the chance you get offed earlier than you were expecting, and having to stop playing kinda sucks, but in a funny kind of way, it's the vanillagers that are the most powerful: they are expendable. Your words in death all of a sudden carry a greater weight. That is your power. Because you are guessing and probing to find the cracks in the defenses of the
    Logic's been cut off mid-sentence. The bears got him!

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kish

Right now, both Avatar Vecna and Kish are highly suspect to me (and, no, it is not just because they both suspect me). Looking back, Kish did try to cast me in a bad light due to a less than stellar sense of humor on my part (Which I don't think is a good basis for determining bearishness). AV has been hounding me a bit, but I am not not getting as big a blip from them as from Kish.

I am out of time right now, but will try to add more later (No guarantees).

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

This is a game of deception of an informed minority, and therefore mistrust by the uninformed majority. I can only help town by being upfront about it. I do not believe I crossed any lines with my probing and declarations of intentions, but if I have done so, I would hope people feel comfortable enough to tell me so. I shall alter my playstyle if that is what is desired.
    I don’t think you crossed the line either, but then again, i didn’t recognize that I was overstepping my boundaries either so I am not the best judge of such things. No one has asked you to stop like they did me though, so it seems fine to me.

Once again I am very sorry if I have soiled the air around here with my apparent offensiveness, I never intended that to happen.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic
    But the glory of being a vanilla townie is that by being loud, you have less for town to lose when you expire. Sure, there is the chance you get offed earlier than you were expecting, and having to stop playing kinda sucks, but in a funny kind of way, it's the vanillagers that are the most powerful: they are expendable. Your words in death all of a sudden carry a greater weight. That is your power. Because you are guessing and probing to find the cracks in the defenses of the wolves.
    Logic's been cut off mid-sentence. The bears got him!
    I was typing out several responses at once in a single post while cooking dinner. I must have been interrupted and edited an error I found in an earlier section.
    Last edited by Logic; 2018-05-09 at 07:09 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Troll in the Playground

Logic, while I'm not arguing that I've been exceptionally active this game I have an incredibly hard time believing you read those ISOs side by side and decided they looked about the same. My issue with Duck's play is that it's had two facets this entire game: 1) hopping on every single bandwagon, at the point where it builds momentum/later but not actually seeming like he's engaging with the reads or the game directly-- there's not any process at all--, and b) talking about how he's busy and how that explains or excuses the lack of engagement. I have no issue with people being busy, I myself don't have a ton of time to devote to this game either, but this game isn't so fast or involved that it would be impossible to spend five minutes or so reading through and coming up with anything to say rather than just hopping on every bandwagon as it gets to a decent size and showing no desire to actually move the game forward asides from lynching the people who were most likely already going to be lynched, villagers and wolves alike.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

With the power of a mouse, I shall be able to edit more better! /victory stance

I had some thoughts on Logic's most recent isolated posts look.

Overall, I find the conclusion 'a slight wolf lean for both' a little odd considering the comments on the individual posts. For Duck's they largely say null with a couple wolfy, which I agree with though tbh I feel like the post below is more wolfy considering the context of Duck's other posts. There has been a lack of solving until earlier this day the entire game, even a few comments and the votes themselves have struck me as largely opportunistic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck
    Sorry I've been a bit busy. I just tend to be a busy person.

From my read through the day so far, I think Xihirli is the best choice. As she said, it will probably help town most based on her reads and other people's reads on her.
    A fair assessment, but this is also slightly parroting me. It's possible to have the same thoughts, but this doesn't look like a lot of work was put into this thought, and while wolves can coast by, Duck coasts no matter his role. I cannot ever pin him down because of it. I wanna call this null, but I can't tell if this post was legitimately thought out to convey how (exaggeratedly) busy he is, or if is due to an actual busy lifestyle. I'm calling this NEEDS MORE DATA.

For Cuthalion's for some reason I get the impression the reason for the wolf lean are these two posts for the case on Duck? Is that right or did I miss something?
    The rest of the comments are town leans and on potential teams Cuth and a person he was interacting with could be on. There was one post whose comment wasn't null but 'interesting' which I couldn't wrap my head around at all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    While I don't think doing this is villagery, I think the way you are going about this specifically is, and I'm super not fond of [color=#FF0000]Duck[color]'s vote there, timing- and content-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

then again, I'm not quite sure what to make of her last sentence
    And the 2nd (attempted) of three votes against Duck. If Cuth is town, this most looks like tunneling. If Cuth is a wolf, this could be fake-tunneling. Calling this out as wolfy because of the failed vote.

Still not a huge fan of anything Duck999's been doing this game, regardless of business. Floating around, jumping on bad wagons at worse points.
    And here is the post that I think is just short of the pot calling the kettle black.

It's chill, actually as Logic said earlier vanilla villagers have the most power because they have the luxury of being loud without worrying about drawing attention to themselves. I'm not trying to say that you should become a master overnight or anything, but that it's strange you've referenced agreeing with other people now a couple of times but not who you agree with or what they said that you agree with. That sort of thing would help.

Is there anything you've read that you don't agree with?

I'm not meaning to make you feel bad or useless or anything. I just found the lack of voiced opinions and quietness a little wolfy.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Well it's nearly End of Day and the wagons aren't close.
    AvatarVecna in case AV's the Alpha.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

And then there was one.

My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

Day Over. Narration to come.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 5

Ever since Suicide Dog died two nights ago, things had not been going right for the Convoy. MalevolentViolence, the happy cake deliverer, was mugged for her delicious cakes. And Mr. B, an important part of the convoy's network, had died of heart failure... or so they said.

Today was no different. Today, the brakes on Primal Dan's windowless white van stopped working, and at the worse possible moment. The convoy was going down a steep hillside, and the only way that Dan could slow himself, was to allow his van to ride on the bumper of one of the kind trucks before him. And though the trucker ahead tried to gently ease Primal Dan slowly, Dan's van had picked up too much speed, and rammed the back of the trailer, hard!

The white van bounced backward, before beginning its descent toward the convoy once again. Deciding that it was best not to take anyone with him, Primal Dan, reached back into his cargo, and withdrew one of his handmade halloween masks. Donning the nightmarish mask, Primal Dan swerved off to the right, the van almost immediately smashing into a forest. And while Primal Dan was wearing his seat belt, he was still somehow catapulted through the window, but the body was never seen again after that. It was as if he somehow sprouted wings, and flew away.

Children many years later claim the forest to be inhabited by the spirit of an angry spirit, looking for vengeance on those who wronged him.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Primal Dan disappeared into the woods. AvatarVecna was a Trucker.

Night 5 Begins
    (And will end in 24 hours.)

Missed 1 Day
    Duck999
    Logic
    Murska

Missed 2 Days

Auto-Lynch Replacement(s)
    GrayDeath

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Players Handle Cargo eliminated Role
    07 GrayDeath Milkyway 25,000 Liters of Milk Day 1 Trucker
    10 Aventine Big Bird Extensive Variety of Birds Day 2 Deputy Cletus Hogg
    12 Rakkoon Big Rak "Corn baby... just corn" Day 3 Deputy Junior Justice
    04 BasketOfPuppies Suicide Dog Gasoline Night 3 "Frog" or Lisette
    08 Xihirli MalevolentKindness Pixie-Baked Cakes Day 4 Trucker
    09 DeathSlayer7 The Mystery Machine The Gang, plus Sam and Dean Night 4 Mr. B
    06 AvatarVecna Primal Dan Halloween Masks Day 5 Trucker
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
    01 Ramsus Wayward Son Load of 1967 Chevy Impalas
    02 kgato503 Big Cat Asserted Pet Toys
    03 Requilac The Rabid Goat Goats, Rabies Vaccines, and/or the Crown Jewels of England
    05 Cuthalion Reputation "Time itself, because why not?"
    11 Kish Airship Smoke
    13 Logic SpaceCamp Little Plastic Spaceship Toys
    14 Duck999 Ernie Rubber Ducks
    15 Murska Optics Fully functional MH-6 Little Bird scout helicopter
    16 Rain Dragon Rain Dragon Assorted Parcels of Random Stuff.
    17 Extrail The Dragon Master Roleplaying games, paraphernalia, and dragon related pieces of all uses.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

AV was a trucker? It looks like the only the only trucker left has to be the snowman then. That may be significant.
    -

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I missed the day's end guys. I was going to try to be more active, so I didn't want to put down a vote immediately, then I missed my chance.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought I had more time to actually cast a vote. Darn you narrator, for being timely!
    Logic, while I'm not arguing that I've been exceptionally active this game I have an incredibly hard time believing you read those ISOs side by side and decided they looked about the same. My issue with Duck's play is that it's had two facets this entire game: 1) hopping on every single bandwagon, at the point where it builds momentum/later but not actually seeming like he's engaging with the reads or the game directly-- there's not any process at all--, and b) talking about how he's busy and how that explains or excuses the lack of engagement. I have no issue with people being busy, I myself don't have a ton of time to devote to this game either, but this game isn't so fast or involved that it would be impossible to spend five minutes or so reading through and coming up with anything to say rather than just hopping on every bandwagon as it gets to a decent size and showing no desire to actually move the game forward asides from lynching the people who were most likely already going to be lynched, villagers and wolves alike.
    This post of yours helps. But, while I don't think you and Duck looked about the same in style, at the time you looked about as guilty. Duck is being Duck: quietly flitting about like he does in most games. The fact that he is on the lynchee bandwagon for 3 of the 5 days hurts his credibility, as does not having a lot of content to look at, but the latter is simply how Duck usually plays the game. I even called him slightly wolfy for it.

On your end, I liked your questioning of Kgato, and of me in the above post, but I still am concerned with the following statements of yours:
    Want to call Logic a villager for burying Xihirli regardless of her alignment; still trying to parse exactly what to make of the whole Deathslayer List Shebango. I think reflexively calling the peek a potential vortex is... not necessarily problematic in and of itself but indicates a sort of... caution or reason to not trust the result, but isn't necessarily particular alignment indicative.

I think the Seer being on Deathslayer's list is probably of literally no consequence; multiple wolves would actually be something the wolf team would know at that stage in the game, whereas town power roles probably wouldn't be in this case.

Req's been pretty open and villagery in his approach, I feel.

Not really sure where to go vote-wise, but could definitely stand to reread some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    I honestly do think my flip is going to give village more information than most other results that could happen so I guess I'm okay with where this is going.

Chop off one head, two more shall continue to live until you chop off all of our heads.
    While I don't think doing this is villagery, I think the way you are going about this specifically is, and I'm super not fond of [color=#FF0000]Duck[color]'s vote there, timing- and content-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

then again, I'm not quite sure what to make of her last sentence
    Still not a huge fan of anything Duck999's been doing this game, regardless of business. Floating around, jumping on bad wagons at worse points.
    This last post I found the most worrying. Maybe it's the "bad" instead of "band," but what makes them bad wagons? (I'll forgive it if it is just a typo, but it still pinged my radar.) Maybe it's the "worse points." But worse than what? This is why I was looking at you with the same level of scrutiny I was giving Duck. This post pinged my radar, and I can't tell why exactly, but at the time I did the ISOs, it looked just false.

On the other hand, Duck's point without a vote to AV looks like a reasonable "reply" to your accusation, but it's possible that he decided he had to step up his wolf game and pay a little more attention than he had previously. Since that was on the wagon that the day ended on, it doesn't paint him in a very good light, since he just traded from being on the wagon to pointing at the wagon.

Despite that, I had been planning to downgrade AVs town stock yesterday, but I wasn't prepared to vote for him. Enough people had been talking in the day that he could have found a read other than the same one he had the day prior, (who hadn't yet posted in the day, BTW) and AV stuck to his guns on Kgato. At the time, that didn't look all that good AV, but after his flip, it looks like he was tunnelling. After AV's flip, Duck's vote, your reply, and a little hindsight, I see how I was looking at you more harshly than I should have been. Maybe I'm just late to the party you started, but Duck doesn't look any better today than he did yesterday. I think you are looking better, so your town stock rises a bit.
    Last edited by Logic; 2018-05-10 at 10:10 AM. Reason: clarification
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #414
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

great i don't even know what the snowman is. i think the snowman might have kicked the bucket already. and is just referred to as trucker. unless one of the other roles isn't filled.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-05-10 at 11:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

First off let me start by saying that please don't be so hard on yourself Extrail. This is just a game and we are all trying to have fun. It doesn't matter if you aren't that experienced, none of us are upset with you. You are doing great so please don't talk down about yourself. You at least aren't doing no worst than I am. Everything's alright Extrail, all of us have been newbs before (or are currently newbs) and experienced what you are going through.

But now onto the more tactical subjects...

I just figured something out that could be invaluable. By my count all of the vanilla truckers except for one has been killed, so the remaining vanilla trucker must be the snowman. I was re-reading through the old posts to find the role of the snowman and found the post where Lex-cat declared their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Snowman is just flavoring. Whoever the Snowman is, they are important only in that they will be hauling the cargo. If they die, the game isn't over, but the story will change. Of course, I could be misleading you all, and there is something special I have in mind for the Snowman. Or I could be lying about that as well.
    I think we would have known then if the snowman had died by now. Yet I do clearly remember Extrail saying the following things.

great i don't even know what the snowman is. i think the snowman might have kicked the bucket already. and is just referred to as trucker. unless one of the other roles isn't filled.
    Extrail claims to not be a power role, but also claims to not have any idea who the snowman is. That means that if his claims are correct, the only thing he could be is a vanilla trucker. But the problem is there aren't any vanilla truckers left.

Extrail, it does quite seem like you haven't been thoroughly honest with us then. Care to explain your rationale behind this? There are no vanilla truckers left, just power roles, bears and the snowman, yet you seem to want us believe you are vanilla trucker, a role which is no longer in play. What is the reason for this deception?
    -

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

There are no vanilla truckers left, just power roles, bears and the snowman, yet you seem to want us believe you are vanilla trucker, a role which is no longer in play. What is the reason for this deception?
    I just wanted to add btw, the role in the OP is 'the Snowman/Truckers' so we know the Snowman is also a vanillager.
    We don't know what the Snowman/Truckers knew at the start of the game if anything about the Snowman.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

I know everyone is curious about Snowman, and what they do. But I'm not going to reveal anything more about the role. So please, Let It Go.

- - - Updated - - -

Night 5

Optics climbed out of her nice comfy bed, in the back of her beautiful green truck. She streeeetched away the tiredness, then gave herself a "bath" with some wash wipes, a little distilled water, and a nice comfy towels. "All the comforts of home." she said, not even bothering to try to convince herself anymore.

After getting dressed in a skin-tight black suit, she climbed out the passenger side of her truck, and made her way back to the Little Bird on her trailer. Pulling the tarp away, she revealed to anyone who was for some reason watching, her one true love. Emblazoned on the side of the mostly black little MH-6 was an image originally painted upon it long ago, when she was in the special forces. The image was a pretty young woman, nothing on but a pair of aviation goggles, gloves, military-style boots, and a pair of short-shorts, with the frayed ends of the legs looking as if they are on fire.

Optics kissed the younger her, then climbed into the seat, and started her little bird a-hummin'. As the engine warmed up, Optics did a systems check, and satisfied with everything, ended with her putting on her helmet. She then grabbed ahold of the stick, and pulled back to lift off. The bird got only a couple feet off the ground, when there was a jerk, as if she had forgotten to unhook one of the chains holding her down. Unfortunately, she didn't have time to give it much thought, as the trailer below her exploded into the night air, giving Hot Pants one last ride.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Optics/Hot Pants was killed trying to fly her Little Bird. Murska was Hot Pants, a Mason.

Day 6 Begins
    (And will end in 48 hours.)

Missed 1 Day
    Duck999
    Logic

Missed 2 Days

Auto-Lynch Replacement(s)
    GrayDeath

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Players Handle Cargo eliminated Role
    07 GrayDeath Milkyway 25,000 Liters of Milk Day 1 Trucker
    10 Aventine Big Bird Extensive Variety of Birds Day 2 Deputy Cletus Hogg
    12 Rakkoon Big Rak "Corn baby... just corn" Day 3 Deputy Junior Justice
    04 BasketOfPuppies Suicide Dog Gasoline Night 3 "Frog" or Lisette
    08 Xihirli MalevolentKindness Pixie-Baked Cakes Day 4 Trucker
    09 DeathSlayer7 The Mystery Machine The Gang, plus Sam and Dean Night 4 Mr. B
    06 AvatarVecna Primal Dan Halloween Masks Day 5 Trucker
    15 Murska Optics Fully functional MH-6 Little Bird scout helicopter Night 5 Hot Pants
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
    01 Ramsus Wayward Son Load of 1967 Chevy Impalas
    02 kgato503 Big Cat Asserted Pet Toys
    03 Requilac The Rabid Goat Goats, Rabies Vaccines, and/or the Crown Jewels of England
    05 Cuthalion Reputation "Time itself, because why not?"
    11 Kish Airship Smoke
    13 Logic SpaceCamp Little Plastic Spaceship Toys
    14 Duck999 Ernie Rubber Ducks
    16 Rain Dragon Rain Dragon Assorted Parcels of Random Stuff.
    17 Extrail The Dragon Master Roleplaying games, paraphernalia, and dragon related pieces of all uses.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

I was looking at Duck's posts yesterday and came across a good point he made in response to Kish who I'll vote for for now.

This seems kind of sketchy. Gives two different suspicions and a basis for neither. Some reasoning was given yesterday, but it wasn't very strong, and we have half a day's worth of information more to go on. I'd really like some more, especially on what makes AV more suspicious that kgato.
    To this post, the response was;
    I thought I'd talked more about my current perspective than a lot of people yesterday. I'm voting for the same person today I did then.
    But when I go back through the Kish posts, these are the ones I found about AV. Am I missing something? The initial reasoning was just a feeling, then Kgato was more sus than a feeling but AV is more suspicious because... I dunno, this seems sketchier to me than the Kish/Kgato interaction about the joking. (Probably just different perspectives clashing)

AvatarVecna looks more suspicious to me than when he was suspicious enough for me to vote for him, which, combined with the fact that I think I'd just pointlessly sabotage his wagon if I switched to kgato503 now, is why I'm still voting for him even though...

...kgato503 looks exceptionally suspicious to me on further thought; every time I've seen a player be all, "no jokes, this game is serious business!" they've been a wolf trying too hard to look towny.
    I'm going to say I'm suspicious of AvatarVecna. Just a feeling (and I wish I had more to go on than a feeling...was not expecting the Seer to die last night).
    In addition, Kish is one of the people who has been pointing at a villager every day (excepting follow the scry days).
    I really couldn't figure out anything solid from voting patterns based on the tally I've been keeping so... I'll post it, maybe someone else can?
    (Also, if it's wrong I would like to know please!)

Spoiler: My Tally
    Show
    Spoiler: D1
    Show
    Day 1

Rain Dragon - BasketofPuppies, Ramsus
    Logic - Aventine
    Aventine - Rain Dragon
    Murska - AvatarVecna
    AvatarVecna - Murska, Requilac, GrayDeath
    BasketofPuppies - Kish
    Extrail - Logic, Rain Dragon, Duck999, AvatarVecna
    Kish - Duck999
    Graydeath - Xihirli, Rakkoon, Deathslayer7, Extrail
    Cuthalion - Kgato
    Duck999 - Cuthalion

Spoiler: D2
    Show
    Day 2

Logic - Rakkoon
    BasketofPuppies - Murska, Logic, Kish
    Xihirli - Duck999, Deathslayer7
    Duck999 - Requilac
    Rakkoon - Kgato, Rain Dragon
    Requilac - Ramsus
    Kish - Rain Dragon
    Deathslayer - Aventine, Xihirli, Ramsus
    Aventine - BasketofPuppies, Kish, Logic, Xihirli, Rakkoon , Deathslayer7, Ramsus, Murska, Requilac, Extrail, Rain Dragon, Duck999

Spoiler: D3
    Show
    Day 3
    Almost literally everyone voted for Rakkoon because of an early seer scry (before the first vote was cast)

Spoiler: D4
    Show
    Day 4

Xihirli - Requilac, Deathslayer7, Logic, Extrail, Kgato, Duck999
    AvatarVecna - Kish, Xihirli, AvatarVecna, Ramsus
    Kish - Rain Dragon, Cuthalion
    Extrail - Murska
    Duck999 - Cuthalion
    Kgato - AvatarVecna

Spoiler: D5
    Show
    Day 5

Duck999 - Cuthalion,
    AvatarVecna - Kish, Requilac, Ramsus, Extrail, Rain Dragon
    Kgato - AvatarVecna
    Extrail - Rain Dragon
    Kish - Kgato

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kish

Rain Dragon makes some good points, and that coupled with my already aroused suspicion makes Kish a good lynch prospect for me. They have been doing a fairly good job of flying under the radar for a lot of the game, so I don't really have a lot to add.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Lex, I ain’t going to let this one go when the fate of the convoy depends on it. I am saying we should string up Extrail for the reasons I stated the night before. I can’t imagine why they would lie to us. I am going to at least hold this vote to pressure them into giving me an answer.

Source for reasons
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-05-13 at 09:01 AM.
    -