New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Avengers: Infinity War

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    So...
    Who are the two guys under Iron Man's armpits? I think the one on the right might be that Starlord guy from GG. The guy on the left is completely unfamiliar.
    Is the bottom middle guy the new spider man? Doesn't look right for a Spidey costume.

I'm assuming the heavy guy behind Dr. Strange is from that movie (also skipped, didn't even realize it was MCU). Anyone else I'm assuming is from BP, GG, or some other random movie (like the alien in the blue helmet).
    Starlord from Guardians is the guy with the sci-fi laser pistol that he's pointing forward. The two men under Iron Man's armpits are (left) Captain America and (right) Thor.

Spiderman is the kid crouched on the hill, yeah.

The guy behind Strange is Wong, and yeah, he's from the Dr. Strange movie.

The blue alien is not wearing a helmet, she's a cyborg; that's Nebula and she's from Guardians.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Captain Beardmerica still just looks weird to me. Has he really been hiding somewhere so remote that he couldn't even shave?
    Obviously he's emulating his own hero, William Riker.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Keep in mind he is a fugitive. He might have intentionally let the beard grow out so it's harder for people to identify him at first glance.

4. - Top - End - #34

More importantly, Chris Evans likes having a beard, and having to shave it is in the running for his least favorite thing about the role.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    More importantly, Chris Evans likes having a beard, and having to shave it is in the running for his least favorite thing about the role.
    This makes more sense than any in-universe explanation, I think.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

This makes more sense than any in-universe explanation, I think.

Does it make more sense if you take into account that Black Widow goes around with blond hair to also be less recognizable?
    Last edited by Clertar; 2018-03-18 at 05:23 PM.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. I didn't recognize Cap or Thor.

The hair cut changes do not favor either of them... especially Captain Beardmerica.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GAZ View Post
    I love that it looks ludicrous to Thanos too. Look at his face, he's all "I don't get it. Why aren't you squished yet?"
    I know, right? That's probably where the genius lies. The scene is just a glimpse, but they managed to perfectly portray a meaningful reaction from both, while also keeping it totally badass for Caps. My bet is he can only hold it for half a second or two. Alternative theory is he somehow managed to smuggle a Stone on his pants to briefly boost his Beardawesomeness

PS: There's also the smart editing that makes it seem like Caps is saving Tony's ass, but that's not exactly why I think the scene works best. That's just a nice plus.

Hawkeye has far more substantial showings than a lot of these characters. Hawkeye has demonstrated proficiency in contributing to the defeat of alien invasions before and practically shot the hellicarrier out of the sky. Avengers and Age of Ultron both treat him like a core member of the team. Dropping him for Wong and Mantis feels like a disservice to the previous Avengers films.
    Yeah, please let's not give Hawkeye the Sif treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    I thought Age of Ultron made it clear that Hawkeye was looking to retire from active hero work? Give the scene with him in the homestead with the wife and kids? I wouldn't be surprised if he's just opted to duck out of the Avengers by now.
    Then again, he also became a fugitive, so whether he stayed hidden with his family or sent them to a different shelter, it's up to interpretation.

I skipped Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor 3, the new Spider Man (3rd in less than 20 years), and Ant-Man. Haven't seen the most recent Star Wars movie or Black Panther due to kids and moving.
    I know it's you life and all but, DUDE... how did you manage to miss out the three* movies that totally rocked the MCU when they came out? I mean, I know people who skipped certain films of the saga for reasons, but if you had also missed Winter Soldier you would have gotten a good Four of a Kind in your hands.

*I'm leaving Thor out, because, as much as an improvement it was from earlier films; it still received a lot more critiques, when compared with the other three at least.

Captain Beardmerica still just looks weird to me. Has he really been hiding somewhere so remote that he couldn't even shave?
    You mean Wakanda? Now that I think about it, I can't seem to recall many full shaved male faces there, barring Bilbo Baggins. Maybe that's a serious offense to the Kitten God? Something to do with whiskers?
    (sic)

My English non très bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Joeltion View Post
    You mean Wakanda? Now that I think about it, I can't seem to recall many full shaved male faces there, barring Bilbo Baggins. Maybe that's a serious offense to the Kitten God? Something to do with whiskers?
    Steve hasn't been hanging out in Wakanda. The Infinity War Prelude comic has him, Sam, and Natasha working together to take down terrorists throughout the Middle East.
    Light a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

10. - Top - End - #40

Well, a beard would help out culturally in that region.

11. - Top - End - #41

SamuraiGuy

Steve hasn't been hanging out in Wakanda. The Infinity War Prelude comic has him, Sam, and Natasha working together to take down terrorists throughout the Middle East.
    Marvel Comics are now part of Legends, silly. They don't count as real canon

He still has his Wakandan visa, doesn't he? I mean, he was a refugee at some point, and we clearly see him fighting for Wakanda in this one so if he had any opportunity to shave, it should have been on Wakanda, while visiting Jesus Barnes or something.
    (sic)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Marvel Comics are now part of Legends, silly. They don't count as real canon

He still has his Wakandan visa, doesn't he? I mean, he was a refugee at some point, and we clearly see him fighting for Wakanda in this one so if he had any opportunity to shave, it should have been on Wakanda, while visiting Jesus Barnes or something.
    Marvel Comics aren't even the same company as Marvel Studios any more (since Civil War).

13. - Top - End - #43

The hair cut changes do not favor either of them... especially Captain Beardmerica.
    Speak for yourself.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2018-03-19 at 11:58 AM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, please let's not give Hawkeye the Sif treatment
    Whatever did happens to Sif, exactly?
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

15. - Top - End - #45

Not a thing.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Back to the trailer itself, in the scene where Cap grabs Thanos' hand he still only has the power and space stones in the gauntlet. It looks like this is in the Wakanda jungle too. So, the Time stone is with Strange, Soul stone is MIA, Mind stone is with Vision and the Reality stone is still with the Collector. This tends to imply the Wakanda scenes are pretty early in the movie if there's only two stones in the gauntlet. Or it means Thanos is going to get the Reality and Soul stones in some other movie.

17. - Top - End - #47

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Whatever did happens to Sif, exactly?
    She was cut from the film, despite that it made narrative sense for her to have an important role during Ragnarok. The only good thing is, the actress didn't give the writers the chance to actually kill her on screen
    (sic)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

She was cut from the film, despite that it made narrative sense for her to have an important role during Ragnarok. The only good thing is, the actress didn't give the writers the chance to actually kill her on screen
    Though to be fair she was cut because she wasn't available to film it due to TV appearances.

19. - Top - End - #49

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chen View Post
    Though to be fair she was cut because she wasn't available to film it due to TV appearances.
    The actress alleged she was still called but refused after they told her what her part consisted of. It's safe to assume she would have fulfilled Hogun's role and received the same undeserved impalement.
    (sic)

20. - Top - End - #50

Well, NBC allegedly also demanded a seven figure 'convenience fee' for not scheduling her to be shooting for Blindspot while they were making the movie. It sounds like there wasn't a lot of good faith going on anywhere in the deal, although NBC did have to eat Jaimie's Failure to Appear fee because of the whole deal.

21. - Top - End - #51

She does a decent job at Blindspot, much better than the campy Sif character. Although she might have worked better with Thor 3's tone.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm glad Sif's gone so Valkyrie could get her badass rainbow bridge moment, to be honest. Sif's just busy Doing Other Things. She comes back home from a five month long tour of war against some horrible space goblins or whatever to find a smoking crater with the firedad sitting in the middle of it "oh hey Sif the apocolypse happened sorry you missed it".

Then she and Sutr can go on space adventures or whatever. Just stay out of the films because I really like Valkyrie.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Obviously he's emulating his own hero, William Riker.
    I would so love a Gargoyles remake with Chris Evans doing the voice of David Xanatos.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

24. - Top - End - #54

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm glad Sif's gone so Valkyrie could get her badass rainbow bridge moment, to be honest. Sif's just busy Doing Other Things. She comes back home from a five month long tour of war against some horrible space goblins or whatever to find a smoking crater with the firedad sitting in the middle of it "oh hey Sif the apocolypse happened sorry you missed it".

Then she and Sutr can go on space adventures or whatever. Just stay out of the films because I really like Valkyrie.
    Valkyrie is amazing! She steals every scene that Goldblum isn't in. Love them both actually. Thor Ragnarok is one of the better marvel films.

Have you seen the honest trailer for it?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Thanks to the previous mention of Bilbo, my first thought after reading your comment was Captain America and Black Widow are working with Sam Gamgee?

26. - Top - End - #56

In saw "Middle Earth" too
    Last edited by Clertar; 2018-03-21 at 03:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clertar View Post
    Thanos and his children
    I came here to ask who those 4 people with Loki were; guessing that's them?
    Spoiler: Ironcage Keep
    Show
    Initiative:

- Leo
    - Enemies
    - Frith (Light, 92 rounds), Obergrym (rage 5 rounds, 14/17 hp), Melrik - CURRENT
    - Enemies
    - Jade
    - Enemies

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seharvepernfan View Post
    I came here to ask who those 4 people with Loki were; guessing that's them?
    It appears the MCU is renaming some characters from the comics as a new group but using the same members of the old group but under a new name. Thano's children seems to be the new name for the group.

Now I am not an expert on comics by any means so I am going to keep this information in the spoiler blocks brief and it will probably cause you to ask more questions than it answers, for it will keep the answering brief.

I am doing two level of spoilers, first level answers the question but keeps spoilers as minimum as possible, the second spoiler block does the opposite and I mean extreme spoilers opposite.

Spoiler: Light Spoilers of Who are these 4 People are with Loki
    Show

The group in the comics is known as Thano's Black Order which are Lietauants who help Thanos track down the infinity stones. Note they are a recent invention only appearing in 2013 and already there is 4 different versions of this team in the comics (plus 2 more versions in tv shows). But yeah this group that is less than 5 years old is getting renamed Thano's children

The figurines in the 3rd picture come from a fan expo called Disney D23 where disney first revealed the Children of Thanos in July 2017 aka 8 months ago.

Note it appears they are removing Supergiant from the team.

Corvus Glaive is Thano's right hand man in the comics with the Black Order, leader of the team.

Do not read what I am about to write if you hate big reveals being ruined for a person notices hidden clues and they figured out the mystery box based off these clues. I am talking major spoilers in this 2nd spoiler block

Spoiler: MASSIVE SPOILERS, which are Heavy Speculative Spoilers of what is going to happen in Avnegers Infinity War based off the trailer and the comics.
    Show

So Ebony Maw is a person that can manipulate the human mind (think a mixture of a telepath and a diplomacifer bard). Well how is Thanos going to get the Time Stone from Dr. Strange when he has such awesome wizardry power of rewinding time. Well it looks like the answer is going to be Ebony Maw which has the power to influence the human mind and make you do things you would not do normally.

Aka Ebony Maw has the power to create a mind virus, and mind virus / telepaths are ultimate counters against time travelers for the mind virus remains even if you have time travel. Once infected you got problems.

Oh yeah in the comics Ebony Maw made Dr. Strange unleash a cosmic / lovecraftian horror as part of the goal of reassembling the infinity stones. Cosmic horror distracts human heroes while the villians do their thing.

So when you know some of the comic lore, and you see this in the Avengers Trailer well you kind of figured it out already what is probably going to happen.

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

29. - Top - End - #59

Speak about spoilers, it would seem we're in for a surprise and everybody behind the film is making a real effort to keep it spoiler-free:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Clertar; 2018-04-03 at 09:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60

D-day is getting closer and closer, let's get ready to hide in a cave until we can see the film

It's already starting to get good reviews. The hype is real!
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/avengers_infinity_war/