New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Awesome stuff that happened in canon D&D 3.5 lore?

Hope the title's clear enough.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Awesome stuff that happened in canon D&D 3.5 lore?

D&D 3.5 is not just one setting and one lore so you should probably be more specific if only one of those settings or all.

Off the top of my head there is Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Darksun and Dragonlance. There is also Ravenloft but that's not a whole setting, just a demiplane.

One thing that I think is awesome about Greyhawk is the Rain of Colorless fire

The link I passed I can't open due to it being blocked where I am so I don't know if it has the whole story.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Isint their an adventure that was basicly a crashed spaceship full of neogi or something?
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

In the timeline for using Ravenloft as a campaign, there's an entry for where a group of heroes came to the area to kill Strahd, as in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. In the Ravenloft setting, they failed and all died.

Dragon Magic's entry for Ashardalon explains that the Bastion of Broken Souls adventure path is part of canon lore, because it ends with a powerful druid destroying him on the cusp of becoming a deity.

Modrons were once a big part of D&D cosmology as residents of Mechanus. In 3.5 they're virtually absent, supplanted by the Formians and Inevitables. An explanation for this can be potentially pieced together based on a few pieces of information. Orcus was once killed in his squabbling with Demogorgon and Graz'zt. He then rose and became the deity Tenebrous, and blazed a path of destruction before reincarnating as Orcus again. One of his actions was to kill Primus, the head of all Modrons, and command the Modron force for some time. According to the entry on Primus in Dragon 341, the Secundus that took over secluded the Modrons, explaining their low presence.

Yeenoghu is actually one of the stronger Demon Lords because he has a Demigod under his thumb. Doresain, King of Ghouls, is statted up way back in BoVD as an advanced fiendish ghoul. He is reaffirmed as a staunch ally of Yeenoghu in Fiendish Codex I. In Libris Mortis he is presented as a demigod, worshipped by ghouls, which by extension gives Yeenoghu more mojo.

Asmodeus played a very long game to put his daughter in a position of power. As we know from Geryon's entry in ToM, he was once one of the Lords of the Nine, and was the only one loyal to Asmodeus in a failed coup. The other Lords of the Nine were untouched, but he was consumed by Asmodeus, and his position filled by the Hag Countess, as seen in BoVD. By FCII, the Hag Countess is gone and replaced with Glasya. Here we see the plan enacted, as described in her entry. By leaving the other Lords of the Nine alone he makes it unlikely they will move against him, as they all know how easily he can defeat them. Levistus exists as technical ruler of his layer as an example of what can happen when you cross Asmodeus, trapped in his own layer but still burdened with responsibility. By getting rid of Geryon he makes them all scared of him by showing he can take out anyone he wants. The Hag Countess holds down her plane for the intervening period to prevent anyone from taking control, and is herself weak enough that she will stay loyal to Asmodeus. When the time comes she is dispatched, Glasya takes her place, and is infused with the stored power taken from Geryon. A very involved business, but that's why Asmodeus is still head honcho.

I know it's not exactly hidden information, but I really love that we see the only reason the planes aren't overrun with fiends is because the Blood War keeps them so occupied. This also goes towards explaining why there is intermittent involvement at best from the celestials. As long as neither side makes any progress, the rest of the planes are relatively safer.

According to Orc lore, Gruumsh never lost an eye to Corellon Larethian and has always had one eye. For this reason he is sometimes depicted as a cyclops.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

@flappeercraft: All of them.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.