New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default They made a sequel to Jumanji!!!!!????

I just found out there is a sequal to Jumanji, it's called "Zathura: A Space Adventure" has anyone ever watched it?
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: They made a sequel to Jumanji!!!!!????

No, but I've seen the other sequel that's been in theaters since December.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    I just found out there is a sequal to Jumanji, it's called "Zathura: A Space Adventure" has anyone ever watched it?
    I have, but I only vaguely remember it, so I couldn't really tell you what happened in it. It was long ago. There was something about a guy who got stuck in the game and was an astronaut, but eh, thats all I can recollect.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah, it was kind of a rehash in space. Fun, but more of the same.

Both are based on books, but I haven't read either.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    As JoshL indicated, it was more of a "copy" than a sequel. Not terribly good. In fact, I was pretty disappointed.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (the new release) however, is really pretty good.

- M
    No matter where you go...there you are!

Holhokki Tapio - GitP Blood Bowl New Era Season I Champion
    Togashi Ishi - Betrayal at the White Temple
    Da Monsters of Da Midden - GitP Blood Bowl Manager Cup Season V-VI-VII

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JoshL View Post
    Yeah, it was kind of a rehash in space. Fun, but more of the same.

Both are based on books, but I haven't read either.
    To be fair, I learned that the original Zathura was a direct continuation of the Jumanji book.

I watched it when I was a kid, but the only things that I really remember of that viewing are the house launching up into space, and the murderous robot. So, yes, to answer the question posed, I've watched it. No, I can't say whether I recommend it or not.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

It was okay. The main issue was that it didn't really have a Robin Williams to bump it into memorable territory.

As a lazy day watch or a movie you'd show to kids 13 and under, I would recommend it. The special effects were pretty cool, less dated than Jumanji's I think. Using the retro-SF weird aesthetic let them do some interesting things with their creative design.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I've watched it. As I recall, it was OK. The premise of where the Spaceman came from was fairly interesting.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mordar View Post
    As JoshL indicated, it was more of a "copy" than a sequel. Not terribly good. In fact, I was pretty disappointed.

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (the new release) however, is really pretty good.

- M
    I agree with Mordar.

I find the original Jumanji good enough that it is not an automatic "change channel" if I am looking for something to put on TV while bored - bits of it have really stood the test of time as being entertaining, and the rest is good enough to hold attention between the great bits.

Zathura however, well I haven't seen it come round on TV (which probably says something in itself) but I don't recall anything in it as being worth watching again. I strongly suspect I would try it and then decide to change channels.

The new one "Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle" is a good film (that said, too high expectations will result in disappointment) - a lot of the jokes are obvious, but it pulls them off nicely, and I think it would a good film to re-watch when it makes it to TV.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Zathura was much worse than the original Jumanji but still a watchable movie, although it suffered from some serious plot holes and the utterly pointless waste of screen time that was the sister character its an OK movie.

It definitely wasn't a sequel in the strict sense though. Basically the ONLY thing it shares with Jumanji is its basic premise - you're playing a board game that transforms the world around you into the game. Other than that, zero similarities.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2018-03-21 at 10:23 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.