New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Kobold Dragonwrought

I am making a Dragonwrought Kobold and I took the dragon flight feats, my next question is, is there any classes or feats that well give me more HD?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Kobold Dragonwrought

What do you mean more HD? All classes give HD. No feats give HD. If you mean racial HD you can, theoritically, just take Dragon HD, as advancement (ask your DM on that, but most would probably not have much of an issue).

If you're dragonwrought and a sorcerer you can gain a free spellcasting level of sorcerer (but not the HD accompanying it).
    Chaos is I.
    Evil is Me.
    Good is Us.
    Law is We.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

It's possible an acquired template might grant you some HD, but I don't know of any for sure.
    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” ― Steven Brust
    "In God we trust. All others we investigate." - United States Army Military Police Corps
    My thanks to Komodo for the excellent Avatar.
    Check out BSR's Improved Sorcerer project.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Feantar View Post
    What do you mean more HD? All classes give HD. No feats give HD. If you mean racial HD you can, theoritically, just take Dragon HD, as advancement (ask your DM on that, but most would probably not have much of an issue).

If you're dragonwrought and a sorcerer you can gain a free spellcasting level of sorcerer (but not the HD accompanying it).
    What I mean specifically is the improved dragon flight feat upgrades when you hit 12hd, by default this is level 12 and i was wondering if there was a class I could cheese into for extra hit die.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

No. In 3.0/3.5/PF, 1 HD = 1 level. I think you'd have to go back to 1st edition rangers to see multiple HD in a single level. So, at level 12 you'll be eligible.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Get a 9th-level Bard to Inspire Greatness on you, for a temporary 2 extra HD?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

I do not know of any permanent way to squeeze extra HD in via class; the closest I can think of are the Lycanthrope template, which immediately dumps a bunch of Animal RHD on you, and the Multiheaded creature template, which gives you extra RHD but must be inherited.
    Last edited by ViperMagnum357; 2018-03-24 at 10:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Your class levels count as HD. at lvl 12 you will qualify for the improved flight youre asking about. you dont need to take racial HD specifically. you dont need to do anything silly. just level up.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are you a caster? If so, or have one in the party, and have a book-proof helmet, you can polymorph into a Dusk Giant(HoH147), and then cannibalize a bunch of corpses to, at least temporarily, push yourself up in HD.

Alternatively, you could take Assume Supernatural Ability, turn into a Barghest, and Feed that way. Beyond having a pet bard, those are pretty much the standard ways of increasing hit dice.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

If you can make yourself immune to fatigue, you can ignore the daily limit on flight. A level of Horizon Walker for desert terrain mastery will do it. (As a kobold, you can qualify with the Kobold Endurance feat instead of regular Endurance.) You could also dip into Warblade for Iron Heart Surge to remove fatigue (or other harmful conditions), or buy the Armor of the Endless Hunt or whatever it's called from Complete Warrior.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    If you can make yourself immune to fatigue, you can ignore the daily limit on flight. A level of Horizon Walker for desert terrain mastery will do it. (As a kobold, you can qualify with the Kobold Endurance feat instead of regular Endurance.) You could also dip into Warblade for Iron Heart Surge to remove fatigue (or other harmful conditions), or buy the Armor of the Endless Hunt or whatever it's called from Complete Warrior.
    Good stuff.

There's also the Tireless [Regional] feat from PGtF.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Good stuff.

There's also the Tireless [Regional] feat from PGtF.
    Yes, but it's not available in this case.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Iron heart surge only removes ongoing effects, becoming fatigued for the most part is an instantaneous condition, unless there is an ongoing effect that is making you fatigued, like touch of fatigue, which is only 1 round/level. If you have been fatigued by ray of exhaustion on the other hand, it's instantaneous, rather than an ongoing effect. The first can be removed by iron heart surge, the second cannot. Unless you believe that iron heart surge can also remove lost hit points.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Crake View Post
    Iron heart surge only removes ongoing effects, becoming fatigued for the most part is an instantaneous condition, unless there is an ongoing effect that is making you fatigued, like touch of fatigue, which is only 1 round/level. If you have been fatigued by ray of exhaustion on the other hand, it's instantaneous, rather than an ongoing effect. The first can be removed by iron heart surge, the second cannot. Unless you believe that iron heart surge can also remove lost hit points.
    That's fair.