New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: WoW XX: It's Not A Recolor, It's An Original Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    I’ve still got like 8 hours. I’m sure I’ll manage.
    I finished up my Rogue Legionfall questline, and am now in possession of the awesome Raven Mount. I especially like how it flies, even in non-flying zones, NoE (Nap-of-Azeroth?). Now, when I'm not doing end of expansion event activities, I'll work on getting my warrior class mount, and then maybe spend some time leveling up my huntard.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

The mounts vanish too? I feel the sudden urge to brew up a ****storm in the official forums...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    The mounts vanish too? I feel the sudden urge to brew up a ****storm in the official forums...
    They don’t.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

No, the mounts don't disappear. The quests will always be available.
    ... Right?

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    No, the mounts don't disappear. The quests will always be available.
    ... Right?
    You can still get the class mounts, they say as such in their QA here

In other news I completed the ret challenge like 20 mins before server shut down. Now I'll get to use it for my Dark Iron Dwarf when they unlock
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

In other news I completed the ret challenge like 20 mins before server shut down. Now I'll get to use it for my Dark Iron Dwarf when they unlock
    Hurray for you! Enjoy it!

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah, sorry if I caused a panic, I thought that mentioning that I intended to continue working on my warrior's class mount would imply that those reward were not being destroyed in the 8.0 patch.

Very nice, Sigryn is a pain. I like the models/skins for that cheevo, if I cared to play a Paladin instead of a Warrior, I could totally see devoting myself to getting it. The mage tower Strom-kar does not look nearly as good, imo. What is it exactly about the Warcraft art team that they really hate making blades with points? If you let a WoW art department design an arrow, it would wind up looking like a paper-cutter on a stick.

I got on for a few minutes late last night, and was amazed to discover that the Argus dungeon finder stuff was more or less dead. I'm used to being able to get an invasion point group more or less immediately, I squatted in Invasion Point: Cen'gar waiting for more people to join for 3 minutes and not so much as a peep. I hope that's just the combination of the late hour and post-patch addon blues. We'll see.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I was entirely expecting the Teldrassil storyline to stary yesterday.
    Makes it a little embarassing when I RPed with that expectation in the past week, mentionning to guildmates that the Darnassian fleet had left and was on its way to Sillithus (my character's an officer in the Sentinel army). Which means that if the storyline starts next week, the fleet will make a one week trip back in a single day.

Oopsie.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

When have travel times in WoW ever made sense, though? You can go from Booty Bay to Ratchet in a minute or two, not week. Why should the NPC vessels obey any different rules?

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    When have travel times in WoW ever made sense, though? You can go from Booty Bay to Ratchet in a minute or two, not week. Why should the NPC vessels obey any different rules?
    Because roleplayers actually try to obey normal rules? XD

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Because roleplayers actually try to obey normal rules? XD
    So, what, you log out for a week every time you board a ship?

In other, less goofy news, I put in some time on my warrior, and good lord, it plays slow now. The rogue barely noticed the difference, only losing Kingsbane, whereas it seems like every arms warrior attack sucks up half my rage bar, and is less damaging than a thrown squid. I haven't messed with my mage or hunter yet, at all.

Oh, and important advisory: Make sure you check your weekly cache in your garrison, there's a present of 1000 Wakening Essence, enough to create a legendary item of your own choice. Also, you probably don't want to waste that on a neck piece, that's where the Heart of Azeroth will go.
    Last edited by The_Jackal; 2018-07-19 at 12:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

So, what, you log out for a week every time you board a ship?
    No, but I don't make a round-Azeroth trip take five minutes when in-character.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Spamalot in the Playground

I just headcanon that there are portals everywhere, linking the major docks and flightpaths. Doesn't help much with mounting up though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Yeah, sorry if I caused a panic, I thought that mentioning that I intended to continue working on my warrior's class mount would imply that those reward were not being destroyed in the 8.0 patch.
    Amussingly the quest line is a little broken at the m. As you need 35 traits on your artifact for part of it, which you can no longer get.

Very nice, Sigryn is a pain. I like the models/skins for that cheevo,
    Out of the ones I properly tried to complete, she seemed the easiest, once you found a workable rhythm. The others I did were Xlyem as Warrior and Agatha on Druid. Agatha always felt very hectic. Xlyem’s more a pain because of the dps check in the second half, and most of his mechanics straight up killed you if you got them wrong. I did do it about a year ago so my ilvl was about 900 which would have made it harder.

The mage tower Strom-kar does not look nearly as good, imo. What is it exactly about the Warcraft art team that they really hate making blades with points? If you let a WoW art department design an arrow, it would wind up looking like a paper-cutter on a stick.
    It’s meant to look like the Gates of Valor. I had it for about a month before I realised.
    I’ll probably use it for transmogging every now and then, but I think I’ll be back to using Obsidian Edged Blade or Lionheart Executioner mainly.

I was entirely expecting the Teldrassil storyline to stary yesterday.
    Makes it a little embarassing when I RPed with that expectation in the past week, mentionning to guildmates that the Darnassian fleet had left and was on its way to Sillithus (my character's an officer in the Sentinel army). Which means that if the storyline starts next week, the fleet will make a one week trip back in a single day.

Oopsie.
    You wanted the fleet ready to leave as the horde attack came? You could perhaps say that bad weather had kept the fleet at harbour. Don’t know if that’s stretching it a bit though.
    Last edited by Androgeus; 2018-07-19 at 11:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

You wanted the fleet ready to leave as the horde attack came? You could perhaps say that bad weather had kept the fleet at harbour. Don’t know if that’s stretching it a bit though.
    I will use the classic Blizzard technique of awkwardly ignoring it and pretending nothing is out of place.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Blizzard's started releasing the Warbringer series, starting with Jaina's video.
    Here's a Youtube link to it:
    https://youtu.be/Fo7XPvwRgG8

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So the first drop of the pre-launch event is live. A short series of quests, followed by some World Quests in Darkshore. There's supposedly a mount for finishing the quest line, I'm not sure what the WQ rewards shall be. I'm sure wowhead has something, but I can't be arsed to look through their guide right now.

I have run through both questlines and...

Spoiler: War of Thorns part 1
    Show
    the writing seems really flat and dumb. Sylvanas wants to kill Malfurion because reasons. If she really wanted him dead, why not have left him to Xavius' tender mercies in the Emerald Nightmare? From the Horde perspective, this whole thing assumes a level of appetite for betrayal and bloodshed that I never envisioned *my* horde character feeling a tremendous need to push the Night Elves out of Ashenvale and capture & kill their leaders. Then there's the really, really questionable logic behind Sylvanas' attack in the first place: Nobody ever reacted to unprovoked aggression by swearing eternal vengeance and buckling down for a long fight.... oh, wait, that's Sylvanas' own backstory. Bad writing is bad.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

So the first drop of the pre-launch event is live. A short series of quests, followed by some World Quests in Darkshore. There's supposedly a mount for finishing the quest line, I'm not sure what the WQ rewards shall be. I'm sure wowhead has something, but I can't be arsed to look through their guide right now.

I have run through both questlines and...

Show
    the writing seems really flat and dumb. Sylvanas wants to kill Malfurion because reasons. If she really wanted him dead, why not have left him to Xavius' tender mercies in the Emerald Nightmare? From the Horde perspective, this whole thing assumes a level of appetite for betrayal and bloodshed that I never envisioned *my* horde character feeling a tremendous need to push the Night Elves out of Ashenvale and capture & kill their leaders. Then there's the really, really questionable logic behind Sylvanas' attack in the first place: Nobody ever reacted to unprovoked aggression by swearing eternal vengeance and buckling down for a long fight.... oh, wait, that's Sylvanas' own backstory. Bad writing is bad.
    The world quests give gear. Not particularly good gear either. Unless you're a fresh 110, you'll need nothing from them.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The whole attack is very much uncalled for and would any sane Horde character question Sylvanas' insane bloodlust. I feel the writers intentionally try to finalize her journey to the dark side. After all, like the Death Knights, undeath eventually drowns out any and all positive emotions, leaving you in a state of stupor, anger and lust for revenge. I would not be surprised to see Sylvanas become Garrosh 2.0. And hey, we are used to replacing our faction leader every odd expansion pack.

Just if what Taliesin and Evitel predicted, that undead characters are immune to Old God's influences, we still need her to defeat the upcoming tentacle thing. (the alliance will have Calia Menethil).

20. - Top - End - #320

As usual, initially complex motivations get Flanderized into bloodlust so we have a new raid boss to piñata for purples down the line.

If it's any consolation to Horde players, they're all set to ruin Jaina too.

Maybe the next game won't include "War" in the title so we aren't forced to contrive petty escalations that keep the unnecessary conflict alive past its expiration date. A pipedream, but still.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    As usual, initially complex motivations get Flanderized into bloodlust so we have a new raid boss to piñata for purples down the line.

If it's any consolation to Horde players, they're all set to ruin Jaina too.

Maybe the next game won't include "War" in the title so we aren't forced to contrive petty escalations that keep the unnecessary conflict alive past its expiration date. A pipedream, but still.
    Yeah, I know, but I feel like they're at least doing the homework to show us why she's coming around to her father's way of thinking, and it definitely helps that there's some canonical purchase for that kind of character change. Of course, it would be better if they took the trouble to render that into an in-game cinematic or machinima, rather than throwing it out to a Youtube storyboard, where most players won't bother to watch it, but it is, at least, something.

I'm fine with someone turning heel, but it would be nice if you had a reason to do it, and a reason for everyone else to go along. What I'm not so wild about is basically forcing Horde players into abetting atrocities, or foregoing in-game rewards. (And this, also, is the reason I generally am *not* a fan of stories in computer games: the writers rarely, if ever, offer choices that are interesting or satisfying to me).

Look, if they want to make the Horde v. Alliance thing real again, fine. Just do your homework and sell it. Leaders convince their people that going to war is necessary all the time (when it isn't), and these are people who are risking real blood and treasure, in real life. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to sell a war in a game about war.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Look, if they want to make the Horde v. Alliance thing real again, fine. Just do your homework and sell it. Leaders convince their people that going to war is necessary all the time (when it isn't), and these are people who are risking real blood and treasure, in real life. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to sell a war in a game about war.
    Yeah, but in real life, you don't have the convenience of knowing exactly what the leader on the enemy team thinks. Much easier to be up for a war when you don't know that High King Anduin Wrynn, Holy be His Reign and Eternally Golden be His Hair, is so peace-loving that merely thinking something evil physically hurts him.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but in real life, you don't have the convenience of knowing exactly what the leader on the enemy team thinks. Much easier to be up for a war when you don't know that High King Anduin Wrynn, Holy be His Reign and Eternally Golden be His Hair, is so peace-loving that merely thinking something evil physically hurts him.
    I dont think that would alter Sylvanas' goals in any way. Yes, that weird "only-explained-in-the-novels" thing in Lordaeron happened where Lady Windrunner (I won't their her first name any more than I need to) slaughtered both sides: The one for treason, the other one just because. In real world comparisons she just overtook any dictator I know off. I hope Vol'jin's prophecy stuff happens sooner than later so I don't have to deal with this mess of a character anymore. Maybe make Baine warchief. But he is far too peace-loving to be the reason for any other PvP season.

We should face it. WoW has run its course ever since WotLK and any story after that just feels stickied on rather than deliberately written.

24. - Top - End - #324

I would say we were still waiting for the Legion payoff. They kicked that can down the road a decent ways, but we eventually caught up to it. Now, well, who knows.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I would say we were still waiting for the Legion payoff.
    Naaru that go mad with power of course and draenei torturing orcs for not converting to the Light. Isn't that a nice payoff?

26. - Top - End - #326

Naaru that go mad with power of course and draenei torturing orcs for not converting to the Light. Isn't that a nice payoff?
    It sure was.

I just wanted to punch Sargeras, Blizzard. Was that really so hard?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Yes, that weird "only-explained-in-the-novels" thing in Lordaeron happened where Lady Windrunner (I won't their her first name any more than I need to) slaughtered both sides: The one for treason, the other one just because. In real world comparisons she just overtook any dictator I know off.
    I haven't read Before the Storm yet, but didn't she just slaughter forsaken and one human who wasn't invited to the meetup?
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I haven't read Before the Storm yet, but didn't she just slaughter forsaken and one human who wasn't invited to the meetup?
    Anduin and Sylvanas set up a meeting between Forsaken and their living family. When some Forsaken start heading over to the Alliance side with their living relatives, Sylvanas thinks they're betraying her and calls off the meeting, then kills every Forsaken that wasn't coming back to her side before she called the meeting off.
    The human she kills is Calia Menethil, Arthas' sister, who was forced to reveal herself and try to call out to the Forsaken to escape with her or else they'd be killed.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Dwarf in the Playground

My biggest issue is how small and insular the pre-event seems, I ran through the Alliance side on my RP server and whilst there were people, it never felt like a big event it felt like just normal questing. However when I went through the Horde side on Stormrage, I didn't see one other player the entire time, I even did the three WQs that were up(my Horde character is a bit undergeared since it's not my main) and only saw one other player the entire time.

Stormrage is one of the most populated servers in WoW, and Darkshore was a ghost town this morning. The legion pre-events were dynamic and I saw hundreds of players in the zones, it was so cool to see hordes of players working in unison to defeat the invasions. Now it's just doing a level 13 quest at level 110. In some cases that's literal, the Alliance WQ at the northernmost part of Darkshore is the exact same quest that you complete as early as level 13, only with scaled mobs.

The human she kills is Calia Menethil, Arthas' sister, who was forced to reveal herself and try to call out to the Forsaken to escape with her or else they'd be killed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It seems she may get better though, one of the videos I watched in the last few weeks(I think it was Bellular) mentioned that she comes back as a Light raised undead.
    Last edited by Jera; 2018-07-25 at 10:37 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Yhea, I knew that . Just using vague talk because I'm too lazy to use spoiler tags.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3. goto 1