New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Othniel's Ironfang Invasion II

Longshadow, Jail

Mayor Crawbert sighed wearily. "That is a subject I'd rather not dwell on, but I suppose we must in light of events. We...er...had a town wizard some time ago. Her name is Navah, but we had a bit of a falling out after our adventuring days. Mostly my fault, really. We've done business on occasion, and she comes to town every few weeks to collect supplies and sell a few things. We haven't heard from her in over a month now though." Crawbert fiddled with a signet ring he wore. "I know your people are going to be busy for the foreseeable future, but we could certainly use her aid right now. Her apprentice Bessa should be in town. She has been for a few months now, actually. I know I said our falling out was my fault, but Navah kind of grates on people after a while. You'll probably find her at the Canary, but she also visits the Hunter's Bureau, Redcliff Schoolhouse, and the Emporium pretty regularly." He scratched his chin. "Not sure why the latter. Mostly alchemical supplies and junk there, and the girl's just an apprentice from what I understand."

"Oh, and before you go, let me give the both of you a small token of my appreciation and gratitude for being so willing to help Longshadow." The Mayor reached into his robes and withdrew two hefty pouches that he handed over. "You'll find five hundred gold pieces in each. I have found over the years that it, ah, pays to have ready funds on hand for adventurers."

The Mayors advisors then began to file toward the exit, but not without apologetic looks. "You folks obviously know what you're about," Garret Graygallow said, looking as if he'd swallowed something unpleasant. "I, ah...may have let my own preconceptions cloud my manner. I'm sure my friends here feel the same way."

Banker Solomon Zane patted Garret on the shoulder. "Do not be too hard on yourself, my friend. I know you only want what is best for the city."

Seneka didn't speak, but she did look appropriately chagrined.

Spoiler: Nora
    Show
    Garret and Solomon seem like they're only saying these things to smooth things over. Seneka, however, does seem a little embarrassed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    500gp each to Septimus and Nora.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-08-09 at 08:04 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Septimus thanked the mayor for his down payment on his life gift.

"We'll probably seek out Bessa and Navah first. Maybe the wizards can get to work on the defenses while we're out hitting the camps. Uh, listen, if we're going to smooth things over with Navah, maybe you should send her a letter or a gift?"

Spoiler: Gather Info
    Show
    (1d20+25)[29] After this, Septimus and Veric go find Bessa

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Half out of a desire to postpone returning to the town proper, and half out of curiosity, Torg took the time to walk the perimeter of the surrounding fields and farms, trying to get a sense of what could be salvaged quickly in preparation for a siege, as well as to assess what could be destroyed to prevent the Ironfang from claiming. He also kept his nose to the air, trying to read the clouds and the wind; there was certainly a storm approaching, but he needed to know if there was more than one on the way.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Survival to survey the Longshadow farms: (1d20+13)[26]
    Survival to predict the weather: (1d20+13)[29]

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow

Septimus and Nora

"I'll write a letter, sure," Crawbert agreed. He went over to the sheriff's desk and took a sheet of paper from a drawer. Sitting down, he wrote out a message over several minutes' time, dried the ink, folded it up, and shoved it into an envelope. Finally, he sealed it with a piece of wax and his signet ring, and handed it to Septimus. "There. A note telling her that you two are my representatives and asking for her assistance in the upcoming battle. Please do what you can to convince her that we need her help."

Septimus, Veric, and Nora

It only took an hour to pin down Bessa's location, and by the time they had, Veric had rejoined Septimus. Bessa was in standing at the counter of Forager’s Alchemicals & Emporium, arguing with Kizviz, the diminutive ratfolk storekeeper. Kizvis was perched on a tall stool that brought her eye-level with customers, and she was twitching her whiskers in frustration.

"I'll sign anything you want, Kizviz; you know I'm good for the money. I just need a little time to earn some more. I need these scrolls." The speaker (Bessa) appeared to be a half-elf woman in her early twenties. She had dark hair to her shoulders, brown eyes, and a fair complexion. Dressed in warm well-made clothing and a fur-lined cloak against the cool autumn air, she looked the part of a mage. Bessa held an ornate wooden quarterstaff, the ends of which were carved into the form of two entwined asps - one black, the other white. A tiny, sleepy-eyed bat could be seen hanging from the inside of her cloak.

"No no no no," the brown-furred ratfolk woman replied quickly. "No signing! No agreement. Pay up front only. All sales are final. Busy, busy. Pay or go. Have a nice day."

The two seemed to be arguing over a small stack of scrolls piled on the counter between them. Both looked up when Septimus, Veric, and Nora entered.

Spoiler: Bessa
    Show

Ulva

Gestelle turned into the Canary and beckoned Ulva after her. Inside, the fighter could see that the establishment was doing well: seats were filled and food and drink we being consumed in large quantities. A musical band consisting of four halflings and a gnome played on a stage erected at the eastern end of the building.

At the bar, two young men were arguing over something. Gestelle sauntered up and gave them both a stare. “Boys, take it outside or do I have to draw my blade? I might have trouble sticking ya in a nonvital location—what with the bad eye and all.”

The two looked back at Gestelle, then each other. One made a sound of disgust toward the other and flipped a couple coins onto the bar after draining his drink. Then he stalked out. The other merely kept drinking.

"That's better!" the proprietress said as she went behind the bar. She filled two glasses with ale and set one down before Ulva. "So, what brings you to town? Finding a place to snug up before winter, or something more interesting?"

Spoiler: Ulva
    Show
    Out of the corner of your eye, you spot someone you've seen before: One of the Chernasardo Rangers from Fort Trevalay. Elyas, you think his name was. He's sitting in a corner and talking to a handful of townsfolk.

Torg

The dwarf walked the fields and saw life going on. The land was dotted here and there with farmers and field workers out and about, enjoying a fine fall day of harvest. Some fields were already empty, the harvest time for whatever had grown there come and gone, while others - grain corn and alfalfa - had yet to be touched. The dwarf could see that the town was normally well-fed and supplied, and the crops would allow Longshadow to hold out for some time...if there were enough hands to gather the remaining harvest.

Spoiler: Weather
    Show
    You predict that a slight cold snap is about to hit. Indeed, it already feels cool. You can expect the next few days to bring you temperatures in the low 40s, and intermittent drizzle and light winds.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Troll in the Playground

"I like scrolls," Septimus interrupted and went to stand at the counter, ostensibly ignoring the half-elf. "And I have lots of money."

For emphasis, he placed a random assortment of gems on the counter. "Let me see your whole collection."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow, Emporium

For a moment, there was silence as the shopkeeper and mage regarded Septimus. Kizviz was the first to stir. She clapped her tiny ratfolk hands together, summoning a trio of smaller ratfolk. They scampered over and looked up at her. "Children, all the scrolls. Quick, quick! Very fast." Kizviz gave Bessa a wary eye before turning back to Septimus. "They will find quick, quick. You will see. We have many scrolls. Also books! Much knowledge. Yes, yes."

The three younger ratfolk scampered away just as hurriedly, and began going through the shop, searching for scrolls. The process took several minutes, and Bessa had time to eye Septimus up and down. "Out-of-towner, hm? Throwing your wealth around, it seems," she muttered, annoyed, but also a bit curious at the appearance of this outsider and his companions.

An awkward minute at the counter passed as the ratfolk employees scattered around the store and started poking through areas looking in trunks, chests, bookcases, and other manner of container and storage location for any scrolls they could find. Bessa walked a few feet away to admire a selection of books on a nearby shelf. She picked one up to page through it while the ratfolk worked, though the trio of adventurers could see that she was agitated.

Another minute passed and Kizviz herself hopped down from her stool to dig under the counter. After huffing and puffing for a few moments, she wrestled a chest (large for the small humanoid) up on top of the counter next to the pile of scrolls Bessa had requested and unlocked the lid with a key hung round her neck. Then she flipped it open to reveal a set of scroll cases, all sealed and labeled as well. Bessa replaced the book she'd been examining and walked back toward the counter with a sigh. The other ratfolk finally finished their collection efforts and each returned with arm-fulls of scrolls. They dumped them into an open box near the counter and then went back to their other work.

"Good, yes?" Kizviz asked. "Many scrolls. See, see. You like? You purchase?" She looked at Septimus hopefully.

Spoiler: Scrolls
    Show
    The scrolls on the counter are neatly stacked - like someone had already gathered them for presentation. In fact, they all have nice little hand-written labels on them as well, which you can read (in order of spell level):

1st: Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds, Ear-Piercing Scream, Jury-Rig, Snowball
    2nd: Commune With Birds, Cure Moderate Wounds, See Invisibility, Spectral Hand, Vomit Swarm
    3rd: Dispel Magic, Heroism, Ice Spears, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Remove Curse, Remove Disease
    4th: Black Tentacles, Charm Monster, Cure Serious Wounds, Ice Storm, Inflict Serious Wounds

In the chest, you see and read the following:
    Scroll of overland flight (CL 9) (1125gp)
    Scroll of summon monster 5 (CL 9) (1125gp)
    Scroll of feeblemind (CL 9) (1125gp)
    Scroll of telekinesis (CL 9) (1125gp)
    Scroll of atonement (CL 9) (1125gp)
    Scroll of righteous might (CL 9) (1125gp)

I'm not going to generate all the other scrolls available, however. This is a large city, so there is a 75% chance of anything worth 2000gp and lower, so if you have something in mind, I'll roll for it.
    Glancing at the collection the ratfolk have hastily assembled, however, you do see scrolls of hold person, fly, dimension door, and lesser restoration at the top

Spoiler: Veric
    Show
    You notice the cover of the book Bessa picks up from the shelf. It is a Manual of War.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-08-10 at 02:47 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Veric

Veric leaned his elbow on the counter as his cousin toyed with Bessa. He raised his eyebrow slightly at Sept's tactics but said nothing contrary.

"That's quite the tome you found there." His tone was nonchalant as he addressed the pretty brunette, but he doubted she could afford the Manual of War if she couldn't afford the few scrolls she had laid out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Septimus set aside Charm Monster and Feeblemind, then side-eyed Bessa. "What do you need scrolls for, are you some kind of wizard?"

He produced the worn grimoire from the leather satchel on his belt. The well loved book didn't at all suit the imperious looking young sorcerer. "I'm happy to share. Why don't you look through there and see if there's anything you need?"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow, Emporium

The half-elf mage remained motionless for several heartbeats. Then, tentatively, she pulled the book closer and flipped it open. She paged through for a few moments and her eyes narrowed. "How did you get this book?" she whispered.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Septimus shrugged. "Well, I killed the fey twit it belonged to. Or one of my companions did. I barely remember that dungeon. But then I paid a nice old woman in the forest to add all the spells in the back. Ah, you see, I'm not a wizard myself, but my ancestors were and my family ring does allow me to avail myself of written arcana."

He demonstrated the ability, passing his hand over the text and stealing a copy of one spell, then another.

"Veld wishes you well, by the way." He offered a disarming smile.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow, Emporium

"I haven't seen Granny Veld in five years," Bessa replied, surprised. "I hope she's well, living out in that forest all on her own." A tiny smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. "You're not just here to throw your wealth around, are you?"

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, I definitely need scrolls." He gestured to the several wooden cases on his belt, along with his collection of wands slung low on his hip like some sort of arcane gunslinger.

"The mayor said you were apprenticed to Navah. Something's come up." He gave her a look that said they shouldn't talk about it in detail here. "We could use your help as well, but we need to find Navah."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow, Emporium

Bessa grimaced. "If I do this, what will you give me in return?" she asked carefully, and her eyes flicked between the pile of scrolls on the counter and the spellbook nearby. "In these parts, it's customary to pay for a guide into the hills."

Spoiler: Septimus and Nora
    Show
    She's clearly angling for a reward involving either the scrolls or the spellbook.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah yeah, I already said you can use my spellbook. Copy down whatever you like."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow, Emporium

Bessa shook her head. "It doesn't work that way for me. I'm not a conventional wizard, you see." She lowered her voice and glanced around to make sure other patrons weren't nearby, though she didn't seem to care about Kizviz hearing (the ratfolk shopkeeper was pretending not to pay attention, and appeared to be waiting for someone to tell her whether they were going to purchase the scrolls piled up). "I'm a witch; not a wizard." Bessa pointed to the little bat nestled within the folds of her cloak. "Swoops here is the one that stores all the spells I know. The little bat opened a bleary eye and yawned before nestling further into the cloak. "I need to burn a scroll and use the ashes to brew a concoction for him. Then he learns the spell and I can cast it. So I can't copy from your book. I'd need to borrow it, and have someone scribe a scroll from it. I don't know anyone close by who can scribe scrolls for me though, which is why I was trying to work out a deal with Kizviz."

"No deal. Pay or go!"

Spoiler: Nora
    Show
    Bessa seems to be telling the truth.

Spoiler: Septimus
    Show
    You aren't sure if she's telling the truth here, but what Bessa says checks out. In fact, she would have to let a wizard or arcanist copy the spell she wants into his or her book, and then scribe the scroll separately, a lengthy process for a handful of spells.
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-08-10 at 08:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

"Ugh! That sounds horribly expensive. No wonder my father works for Mephistopheles. Why can't you just learn from an ancient ring while you sleep like a normal person? Hmph!"

He bent down and eyeballed the bat suspiciously. "What master do you serve, Swoops?"

"Fine. I'll buy you two scrolls of a level you can currently cast with the understanding that you take us to Navah and help us convince her to aid us. Three if you call me Magus Lord Commander while we take care of this town's problems. There's going to be a lot of walk-and-talking, so try to keep up."
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2018-08-10 at 09:01 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow, Emporium

Swoops blinked at Septimus, and for a brief moment, it looked like the bat was grinning at him. It squeaked and clung all the tighter to the cloak.

Bessa broke into a smile dazzling. "Done! Uh, Magus Lord Commander. You won't regret this. So, which scrolls? Do I get to pick?" She paused. "What problems?"

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan

Standing in the shadows of the town gate, Aidan watched his companions split up into groups to take the measure of the town. For his own part, the elf was happy to have something resembling civilization around him again. His hand dropped to the haversack at his side and stroked it lightly, and without a word he began darting from shadow to shadow towards the largest temple in town.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground

Ulva seemed visibly distressed with each loud step she took into the property. Her large heavy boots granted her horse-like celerity, but they did nothing in abating her horse-like mannerisms, and she awkwardly smiled to random people who in all likelihood were probably not paying attention to her. She contemplated just slamming both of the young boy's together but Gestelle seemed to have the situation handled so Ulva looked away. Letting herself wander, her lone eye drifted to and fro, and finally settled on a familiar face.

What was a ranger doing here?

Taking her mug of ale, she began to quickly yet steadily chug the whole container, and deftly placed it down with a crack.

"Something interesting. I've saved damsel's in distress, killed a dragon, fought disgusting monsters, and plundered ancient treasure. Now I'm going to fight an entire army and save a kingdom. Check all of the boxes in my storybook, y'know? Bend my actions to the shape of my dream. Assuming the walls hold long enough for me to do so."

She pushed herself out of her chair, her social energy exhausted, and seemingly forgot Gestelle's existence as she trudged over to Elyas' table. Placing her new magically gloved hands down hard on the table, Ulva leveled a single light green eye at him, and said.

"What are you doing here? You know about the walls?"
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-08-11 at 11:17 AM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ettin in the Playground

Nora finally spoke up as Septimus laid out his plan. "Are you going to need me along for pointy ranged support, or should I start trying to find those spies?"
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh no, now we're all going spy hunting. That's what this is for." He gestured to one of his new scrolls as he tucked them away in his bandolier of canisters. "We'll swing by the mayor's advisors one by one. If anyone is using illusion or transmutation to disguise themselves, I'll be able to see through it and you lot can beat them up and arrest them!"

Once back on the street, Septimus cast Silent Image to create a towering golden S above an arrow pointing to his location.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

It wasn't long before Torg noticed the giant illusory arrow floating in the sky. He figured it was Septimus sending a signal of some kind, so he made his way back into town, arriving near where the arrow was pointing.

The dwarf approached the young sorcerer, surveying the townsfolk with a furrowed brow.
    "Tell me you've got some good news, lad," he said, "Were you able to get these people's cooperation?"

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, Mayor Crawbert took some convincing, but there's really no arguing with documentation and prisoners of war."

Septimus had succeeded at locating a food cart and provided the assembling party with snacks. He offered Torg a turkey leg along with his 500 gp bonus.

"Twenty thousand for enacting our defense plan, plus a writ that tells people we're important. Plus a five-hundred bonus for being upstanding chaps. After Ulva and Aidan get here, we're on our way to the Temple of Abadar withdraw the promised funds." He lowered his voice. "And there's a small chance the priest is one of the spies. But I have a plan!"

"Oh. And this is the intern, Bessa. Veld's granddaughter? She does magic. And healing?" He squinted at her. "You can cure blindness, right? Remove curses?"
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2018-08-12 at 09:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow

"Sure," Bessa responded coolly. "I try not to inflict things I cannot remove...should I so choose. Balance in all things." A small smile came to her lips, and then it was gone.

Spoiler: Septimus, Nora
    Show
    She's being coy.

Ulva

"Wait, what?" Gestelle faltered a moment. "What army? Are you talking about Longshadow?"

But her questions were lost as Ulva got up and left. Elyas looked up as she approached. "Oh, crap. Uh, I mean, hi. Uh, Ulva. Ms. Vansich. Where's the rest of the Fangbreakers?"

Over Ulva's shoulder, Gestelle approached. "Hey, Elyas, is this gal one of that group you've been tellin' folks about the last two days? She said something about an army!"

"Yep, she's one," the ranger confirmed. "Maybe now folks'll believe me."

Aidan

Spoiler: Aidan (No peeking everyone else!)
    Show
    Your quarry does not seem to have noticed you. He continues down the street in a southerly direction, pausing now and then to greet the occasional passerby.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan

Tailing along behind the local, Aidan observed a wholly mundane route. Yet the tome he'd briefly seen gnawed on his curiosity. Finally deciding to throw caution to the wind, he broke from the shadows and approached the man directly.

"Excuse me! Might I have a moment of your time?"

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

"There's over two thousand Hobgoblins coming here to kill you all. They did the same to my hometown and they're the same Hobs who took my eye," She confirmed to Gestelle before looking back at Elyas "They're talking to local authorities and trees mostly. We'll be regrouping soon enough today though. Then we'll get our affairs in order and I'll walk out the city walls to fight an army."

"I'm going to cancel the Ironfang Invasion."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Longshadow, The Canary

"Well...that's good, right?" Gestelle offered a nervous laugh. "The Mayor has seen us through monster attacks and bad harvests and all that. He'll know what to do about an army."

By this time, several other patrons had overheard Ulva and Gestelle and gathered around and started discussing what should be done in light of the information.

"But if there are as many as you say, going outside the walls sounds like suicide," the proprietress added. "Better to fight from the walls, I say."

Aidan

As Aidan approached and called out to the man, he turned around and inclined his head slightly in greeting. The fellow was nearing middle-age, handsome with a full beard. He wore well-made clothing under a rather fancy coat. "Yes, can I help you sir?" he asked in a deep baritone. As the man turned, Aidan could see a black wand thrust into a sort of holster at the man's waist alongside potion pouch and a pair of brown gloves tucked into his belt. A silver ring with a single onyx stone gleamed on his left ring finger.

Spoiler: The man from the schoolhouse
    Show
    Last edited by Othniel; 2018-08-13 at 08:16 PM.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Torg seemed to visibly uncoil a bit, as if he were a tightly wound spring ready to snap moments before. He nodded gruffly to Septimus.
    "Good, good. I needed a bit'o good news. So spy hunting, eh? What's the plan? I haven't really asked the Green for magical tools to help ferret out spies, but if'n you need me to turn into a cat or a dog, or something else inconspicuous, I'm yer dwarf.

...Think there'll be rain soon. Tomorrow, or the day after. Took a gander at the crops and such outside the town. There's not a whole lot they've left to bring in, but we'll need'em to crack the whip before the Ironfang arrives, that's for sure."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Septimus continued to stuff his face with street food. "I've got it covered. I bought a scroll of Pierce Disguise, so that will reveal if anyone has been using low level illusion or transmutation magic to change their appearance. We'll start with the Mayor's loyal team of advisors. The lot of them were covered in magic auras from spells and items and none of them had an alignment Nora could read. The cleric of Abadar is first. If he's a hobgoblin in disguise, then I suppose we beat him up, throw him in a sack, and then tackle the others before they get word."

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Aidan

Taking a moment to absorb the sartorial oddity of a well-dressed man in Nirmathas, Aidan nodded.

"Yes, well, I am a newcomer to your fine city. I was hoping a local of your statue might be willing to answer a few questions."

He leaned closer.

"Especially concerning any...interesting reading to be found."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.