New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Sophi789 View Post
    Why not make yourself as a dnd character?
    I've seen people do this lately! By judging what the encumbrance limits are on characters, then comparing that to various lifting stuff at the gym, you can probably guesstimate that as an average human you're probably between 8-12 Strength.

I haven't seen people do it for other stats, beyond some musings that there are dexterity exercises people use to play guitar that could help get your Dexterity score if we can evaluate that up...

The tricky one to judge is the mental stats, charisma, intelligence, and wisdom.

2. - Top - End - #62

Quote Originally Posted by magicalmagicman View Post
    I wanna play this:https://orig00.deviantart.net/d692/f...33-d825f87.png
    Or this:https://pre00.deviantart.net/ca9d/th...ox-dac8fxz.png
    (Notice the robot eye in the middle)

How do I turn these into a playable d&d character or a playable d&d character capable of creating these things?
    LOL

I wanna see how mr.Falontani responds to this. If he just says artificer and calls it a day I'll be extremely disappointed XD

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warchon View Post
    I'd like to see something done with the Osteomancer class. It's a tall order--not a very well designed class to begin with, but a very flavorful one.

This would be a backup character for an existing campaign that is currently on the precipice of level 5 but is expected to reach the teens before completing its campaign, and it would need to fit in to a party that averages around Tier 2. I accept and understand that a decently strong build for this odd class might need to wait a couple extra levels to come online and enter the Osteo PrC, but getting some kind of bone-related abilities by the prospective starting level of 5 would be a plus. I don't mind "wasting" a feat or ACF to accomplish this if you don't have a feat-starved build.

I realize that T2/3 not an easy thing to accomplish with a weak class, so let me make it even rougher: the ideal race, for story reasons, would be Catfolk or some other feline humanoid. (The character would be expected to be related to the character who died, who is a variant Catfolk

Now to make it a little easier: All resources are open, including homebrew. Mild cheese is tolerated (such as early entry stuff) and the existing party is fairly generalist, so a build that plays to any given role or roles will most likely fit in without any problems.

..this is also a request with like a 20% chance to see any use even if I fall in love with it, so don't prioritize it unless YOU fall in love with it.

One last thing. At least one attempt to 'correct' Osteomancy has emerged online at https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=134980 technically meant for PF, but if you decide there really is no way to make the vanilla version work, you can use that for a base instead--the biggest goody it offers is 3 more spellcaster levels.

The campaign is, by design, quite stingy on gold and loot, so anything that is excessively dependant on magical equipment is going to be a non starter. You can, however, use standard WBL for the initial equipment loadout.

Have fun!
    Spoiler: Stub 1
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    7 (ECL 10) Rakshasa +7 +5 +5 +5 (crap ton of skills) Toughness, Weight Focus, Spell Focus Transmutation Rakshasa Stuff
    8 Sorcerer +7 +5 +5 +7 Spell Shield
    9 (ECL 11) Osteomancer +7 +7 +5 +9 Ability Enhancer Boneless, Immunity to Disease
    10 Osteomancer +8 +8 +5 +10 Skeletal Shift
    11 Osteomancer +9 +8 +6 +10 Bone Spurs, Unnerve
    12 Osteomancer +10 +9 +6 +11 Improved Natural Attack: Bone Spurs Enlarge/Reduce, Iron Bones
    13 Osteomancer +10 +9 +6 +11 Seize the Core, Silver Bones
    14 Osteomancer +11 +10 +7 +12 Aligned Bones
    15 (ECL16) Osteomancer +12 +10 +7 +12 Practiced Spellcaster Adamantine Bones
    16 Osteomancer +13 +11 +7 +13 Sap Life
    17 Osteomancer +13 +11 +8 +13 Wield the Core
    (ECL 18)
    Osteomancer +14 +12 +8 +14 Practiced Spellcaster: Sorcerer Osteophage
    19 Abjurant Champion +15 +12 +8 +16 Abjurant Armor, Extended Abjuration
    20 Abjurant Champion +16 +12 +8 +17 Swift Abjuration

Full Attack Iteration, ability to choose the spell Giant Size (barely?!?) and CL 19 means Colossal Kitty with bone growing out of different areas. INA and giant size combined brings the bone spurs to 4d6, and 6d6 (for the spiked armor version).
    Combined with 72 strength (16 base, +4 level up, +34 size, +18 bite of the werebear) and you deal some massive damage with your bone spurs. Remember at level 15 when you get adamantine bones you are able to begin enchanting your bone spurs!

Spoiler: Stub 2???
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Paladin of Slaughter +1 +2 +0 +0 Toughness Aura of Evil, Detect Good, Smite Good 1/day
    2 Paladin of Slaughter +2 +3 +0 +0 Divine Grace, Deadly Touch
    3 Paladin of Slaughter +3 +3 +1 +1 Weapon Focus (deity weapon) Debilitating Aura, Divine Health
    4 Paladin of Slaughter +4 +4 +1 +1 Rebuke Undead
    5 Bone Knight +4 +6 +1 +1 Bonecraft Armor, Paladin Conversion, Rebuke Undead
    6 Bone Knight +5 +7 +1 +1 Mounted Combat Bonemarch, Summon Skeletal Steed
    7 Bone Knight +6 +7 +2 +2 Master of the White Banner
    8 Bone Knight +7 +8 +2 +2 Improved Bonecraft Armor
    9 Divine Crusader +7 +10 +2 +4 Corpsecrafter Aura, Undead or Undeath Domain
    10 Osteomancer +7 +12 +2 +6 Boneless, Immunity to Disease
    11 Osteomancer +8 +13 +2 +7 Skeletal Shift
    12 Osteomancer +9 +13 +3 +7 Necromantic Retribution Bone Spurs, Unnerve
    13 Osteomancer +10 +14 +3 +8 Enlarge/Reduce, Iron Bones
    14 Osteomancer +10 +14 +3 +8 Seize the Core, Silver Bones
    15 Osteomancer +11 +15 +4 +9 Ride by Attack Aligned Bones
    16 Osteomancer +12 +15 +4 +9 Adamantine Bones
    17 Bone Knight +12 +15 +4 +9 Fill the Ranks 1/day
    18 Bone Knight +13 +16 +4 +9 Spirited Charge Bonecraft Weapon
    19 Bone Knight +14 +17 +5 +10 Improved Bonecraft Armor
    20 Bone Knight +15 +17 +5 +10 Exoskeleton of Undeath

Yay! The first person to get a second build, for the price of one post! Basically while I was almost done with the first one, inspiration struck. So I finished the first one, and then made this one! This one gets a bit tricky (not really). Basically it boils down to the fact that Bone Knight does not specify in it’s spellcasting that you must continually choose the same divine class to progress spellcasting. We’re just shy of full iteratives, and just shy of 9th level spellcasting. However you have all immunities of the undead save for crit immunity. You have armor made of bone, a weapon made of bone, and the bone spurs! The bone spurs are natural weapons, meaning rather than two weapon fighting you can hit someone with a secondary attack. Meaning full iterative your weapon, and then punch them with your bone spur! Onto undead control. Your CL 8, meaning you can control up to 32 HD of created undead via animate dead. You have rebuke undead as a 9th level cleric, meaning your never going to have big ones, but you can horde master. Finally you have a second pool of “granted” undead. Your “granted” undead you can have an additional 32 HD of, and you can grant yourself undead from your other pools, or you can create Karnathi Skeletons/Karnathi Zombies, which are intelligent undead, however your pool of “granted” undead can never have more than 8 HD per creature (meaning you could fill it with 4 decent intelligent undead). Finally you have a Paladin Mount that is a Warhorse controlled as if by a paladin of 12th level. Oh and it has the Skeletal Template yet retains that intelligence. 10 HD Undead Skeletal mount that can run forever and is more devoted than any other mount out there? Yes please.

I didn’t take any flaws nor use a human bonus feat, so if you want, you can be a cat folk. I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sophi789 View Post
    Why not make yourself as a dnd character?
    The biggest problem with this is the Dunning-Kruger effect. People's self assessment is not only wrong, but often inverted. [Average to good people think they're great; great people think they're merely good.]

There was an article in either The Dragon or The Strategic Review in the mid-1970s, on how to determine your own stats. Some were nonsense. Strength was based on the number of pull-ups you could do, which would give greater strength to jockeys than to 350-pound defensive linemen.

The measurement for Wisdom was 20 minus the number of hours per week you spent on D&D. At the time, that gave me a Wisdom score of about -10. [I can't deny it.]

But in the early 90s, I played a game of GURPS in which each PC was based on the player, and the GM designed the characters. It's wonderful playing "yourself" as designed by somebody who has an absurdly high opinion of you.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Falontani View Post
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    7 (ECL 10) Rakshasa +7 +5 +5 +5 (crap ton of skills) Toughness, Weight Focus, Spell Focus Transmutation Rakshasa Stuff
    8 Sorcerer +7 +5 +5 +7 Spell Shield
    9 (ECL 11) Osteomancer +7 +7 +5 +9 Ability Enhancer Boneless, Immunity to Disease
    10 Osteomancer +8 +8 +5 +10 Skeletal Shift
    11 Osteomancer +9 +8 +6 +10 Bone Spurs, Unnerve
    12 Osteomancer +10 +9 +6 +11 Improved Natural Attack: Bone Spurs Enlarge/Reduce, Iron Bones
    13 Osteomancer +10 +9 +6 +11 Seize the Core, Silver Bones
    14 Osteomancer +11 +10 +7 +12 Aligned Bones
    15 (ECL16) Osteomancer +12 +10 +7 +12 Practiced Spellcaster Adamantine Bones
    16 Osteomancer +13 +11 +7 +13 Sap Life
    17 Osteomancer +13 +11 +8 +13 Wield the Core
    (ECL 18)
    Osteomancer +14 +12 +8 +14 Practiced Spellcaster: Sorcerer Osteophage
    19 Abjurant Champion +15 +12 +8 +16 Abjurant Armor, Extended Abjuration
    20 Abjurant Champion +16 +12 +8 +17 Swift Abjuration

Full Attack Iteration, ability to choose the spell Giant Size (barely?!?) and CL 19 means Colossal Kitty with bone growing out of different areas. INA and giant size combined brings the bone spurs to 4d6, and 6d6 (for the spiked armor version).
    Combined with 72 strength (16 base, +4 level up, +34 size, +18 bite of the werebear) and you deal some massive damage with your bone spurs. Remember at level 15 when you get adamantine bones you are able to begin enchanting your bone spurs!

Spoiler: Stub 2???
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Paladin of Slaughter +1 +2 +0 +0 Toughness Aura of Evil, Detect Good, Smite Good 1/day
    2 Paladin of Slaughter +2 +3 +0 +0 Divine Grace, Deadly Touch
    3 Paladin of Slaughter +3 +3 +1 +1 Weapon Focus (deity weapon) Debilitating Aura, Divine Health
    4 Paladin of Slaughter +4 +4 +1 +1 Rebuke Undead
    5 Bone Knight +4 +6 +1 +1 Bonecraft Armor, Paladin Conversion, Rebuke Undead
    6 Bone Knight +5 +7 +1 +1 Mounted Combat Bonemarch, Summon Skeletal Steed
    7 Bone Knight +6 +7 +2 +2 Master of the White Banner
    8 Bone Knight +7 +8 +2 +2 Improved Bonecraft Armor
    9 Divine Crusader +7 +10 +2 +4 Corpsecrafter Aura, Undead or Undeath Domain
    10 Osteomancer +7 +12 +2 +6 Boneless, Immunity to Disease
    11 Osteomancer +8 +13 +2 +7 Skeletal Shift
    12 Osteomancer +9 +13 +3 +7 Necromantic Retribution Bone Spurs, Unnerve
    13 Osteomancer +10 +14 +3 +8 Enlarge/Reduce, Iron Bones
    14 Osteomancer +10 +14 +3 +8 Seize the Core, Silver Bones
    15 Osteomancer +11 +15 +4 +9 Ride by Attack Aligned Bones
    16 Osteomancer +12 +15 +4 +9 Adamantine Bones
    17 Bone Knight +12 +15 +4 +9 Fill the Ranks 1/day
    18 Bone Knight +13 +16 +4 +9 Spirited Charge Bonecraft Weapon
    19 Bone Knight +14 +17 +5 +10 Improved Bonecraft Armor
    20 Bone Knight +15 +17 +5 +10 Exoskeleton of Undeath

Yay! The first person to get a second build, for the price of one post! Basically while I was almost done with the first one, inspiration struck. So I finished the first one, and then made this one! This one gets a bit tricky (not really). Basically it boils down to the fact that Bone Knight does not specify in it’s spellcasting that you must continually choose the same divine class to progress spellcasting. We’re just shy of full iteratives, and just shy of 9th level spellcasting. However you have all immunities of the undead save for crit immunity. You have armor made of bone, a weapon made of bone, and the bone spurs! The bone spurs are natural weapons, meaning rather than two weapon fighting you can hit someone with a secondary attack. Meaning full iterative your weapon, and then punch them with your bone spur! Onto undead control. Your CL 8, meaning you can control up to 32 HD of created undead via animate dead. You have rebuke undead as a 9th level cleric, meaning your never going to have big ones, but you can horde master. Finally you have a second pool of “granted” undead. Your “granted” undead you can have an additional 32 HD of, and you can grant yourself undead from your other pools, or you can create Karnathi Skeletons/Karnathi Zombies, which are intelligent undead, however your pool of “granted” undead can never have more than 8 HD per creature (meaning you could fill it with 4 decent intelligent undead). Finally you have a Paladin Mount that is a Warhorse controlled as if by a paladin of 12th level. Oh and it has the Skeletal Template yet retains that intelligence. 10 HD Undead Skeletal mount that can run forever and is more devoted than any other mount out there? Yes please.

I didn’t take any flaws nor use a human bonus feat, so if you want, you can be a cat folk. I guess.
    Love this. The Rhak version with its +7 LA would be a tough sell to bring to the table, but you've definitely built a true melee terror.

The Bone Knight version is thematically spot on, and hits theme well before it hits the requested class.

I will definitely hold on to this one, even if my current character survives the campaign I think I'll want to explore the build in another game. :D

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Love this. The Rhak version with its +7 LA would be a tough sell to bring to the table, but you've definitely built a true melee terror.

The Bone Knight version is thematically spot on, and hits theme well before it hits the requested class.

I will definitely hold on to this one, even if my current character survives the campaign I think I'll want to explore the build in another game. :D
    Get your group to use Inevitability's la's. Then it's only a +3
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Alright, so this is my challenge: I want a Stormcaster. Let's say level 16. I'm thinking about Sorcerer or Bard as base class, but I'm open to other options if you think that there's better ones. You can also use a combination of as many classes and prestige classes as you want, but the main theme of the character must be storm. I'm thinking half-elf as race, but you can use any other one if you think it fits better as long as it LA isn't higher than +2.
    Spoiler: stub
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Savage Nature Bard +0 +2 +0 +2 Magical Aptitude Illiteracy, Bardic Music, Countersong, Fascinate, Animal Companion, Nature Sense, Wild Empathy
    2 Savage Bard +1 +3 +0 +3
    3 Savage Bard +2 +3 +1 +3 Arcane Disciple: Storm
    4 Savage Bard +3 +4 +1 +4 Resist Nature’s Lure
    5 Savage Bard +3 +4 +1 +4
    6 Savage Bard +4 +5 +2 +5 Storm Magic
    7 Stormsinger +4 +5 +4 +7 Bardic Music, Stormsong (Gust of Wind)
    8 Stormcaster +4 +7 +6 +7 Storm Spell Power, Thunderclap
    9 Stormcaster +5 +8 +7 +7 Energy Substitution (Electricity) Resistance to Electricity 10
    10 Stormcaster +5 +8 +7 +8 Shield of Winds 1/day
    11 Stormcaster +6 +9 +8 +8 Eye of the Storm
    12 Stormcaster +6 +9 +8 +8 Heroic Spirit Thunderbolt
    13 Heir of Siberys +6 +11 +10 +10 Favored In House Additional Action Points
    14 Heir of Siberys +7 +12 +11 +11 Storm of Vengeance 1/day
    15 Stormcaster +8 +13 +12 +12 Born of Three Thunders Shield of Winds 2/day
    16 Stormcaster +8 +13 +12 +12 Resistance to Sonic 10
    17 Stormcaster +9 +14 +14 +12 Call Storm, Eye of the Storm (30 ft)
    18 Stormsinger +10 +14 +15 +13 Metamagic of your Choice Stormpower
    19 Stormsinger +10 +15 +15 +13 Stormsong (Thunderstrike)
    20 Sublime Chord +10 +15 +15 +15 Bardic Lore, Bardic Music

Woo! We have a bard that specializes in the power of the storm! Air/electricity/cold/water spells cast in a storm are cast at CL 20. You can use bardic music uses (which you wont use for anything else) to deal a perform check amount of damage to a single target. You have control weather as a SLA, and Storm of Vengeance as a SLA. But really your most potent for your sonic spells and your electricity spells. You’ll have a whole bunch of sonic spells from the bard spell list, and you can help fill your list out at the end by using Sublime Chord. Don’t forget to arm yourself with a runestaff! Make the staff completely out of metal so it’s also a lightning rod. Honestly dont know what else to tell you about. Electric Walls of Fire that can also stun people/knock them on their rear?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I have a game where we are starting off 6th level... But the party consists of a Druid; a centaur Knight Spellsword (most likely a switch-hitter); a rogue; and a Barbarian... Not sure how to fit in with out stepping on toes.

Our Point Buy is 40 points of a 1:1 trade; with all stats starting at 8 and have a max of 18 before racial and Level adjustments; however the DM is inexperienced so I don't want to outshine either the players or him. I'm am allowed most sources; excluding only pathfinder and 3pp ( Dragon Magazine should be okay; though I only have 358)
    Last edited by Awakeninfinity; 2018-06-23 at 03:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

A character that I've wanted to properly work out for a while, but haven't had chance as I don't have a group to play with, is one that I'd like to ask you for.

Goliaths (from Races of Stone) have a racial ability that lets them count as being one size large (typically Large) when wielding weapons, for encumbrance and so on. So, I would please like to see a Goliath that has been built to effectively dual-wield Scythes. I know that it's probably just a ranger with Monkey Grip, but it'd be nice to see it written out to levl 10 or so, if you wouldn't mind?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Get your group to use Inevitability's la's. Then it's only a +3
    I'm not familiar with this concept. What resource is it in?

11. - Top - End - #71

It's a looong running thread here
    Currently Playing: NICELA LASERIE (Neutral Good) Female Gray Elf Fire Souled Half Nymph Elven Generalist Wizard 20 /// PF Bard 1 / Paladin of Freedom 2 /PF Bard +17

AND .......

FERGUS MADROAR (Chaotic Good) Male Dwarf Half Earth Elemental

Cloistered Cleric (Hanseath) 5 / Divine Oracle 6 / Contemplative 9 /// Paladin of Freedom 20

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The biggest problem with this is the Dunning-Kruger effect. People's self assessment is not only wrong, but often inverted. [Average to good people think they're great; great people think they're merely good.]

There was an article in either The Dragon or The Strategic Review in the mid-1970s, on how to determine your own stats. Some were nonsense. Strength was based on the number of pull-ups you could do, which would give greater strength to jockeys than to 350-pound defensive linemen.

The measurement for Wisdom was 20 minus the number of hours per week you spent on D&D. At the time, that gave me a Wisdom score of about -10. [I can't deny it.]

But in the early 90s, I played a game of GURPS in which each PC was based on the player, and the GM designed the characters. It's wonderful playing "yourself" as designed by somebody who has an absurdly high opinion of you.
    I played in a one-shot that used a bunch of the different calculations people had done to convert real-world abilities to game stats. They were all over the place. Dexterity for me was the most ridiculous - it put me anywhere between an 8 and a 16. This was on the one hand due to being extremely large (6'4" and 250 lbs) in a civilization built around much smaller people, I often come across as a bit clumsy, and some of the ratings factored those types of situations in. However, I shot expert with every weapon with which I qualified in the army, so the calculations that used ranged accuracy put me much, much higher. A lot of the ability score calculations suffer this sort of bias. Each ability score represents multiple aspects and would be more an average of these than a single score that applied to all of them. (2nd edition actually came up with an optional system that did this by creating two component ability scores that made up each base ability score.)

Ultimately, if you are going to do a game like this I would recommend you use multiple different tests of each ability score and then average the results. (Or better yet, just take the highest one!)
    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” ― Steven Brust
    "In God we trust. All others we investigate." - United States Army Military Police Corps
    My thanks to Komodo for the excellent Avatar.
    Check out BSR's Improved Sorcerer project.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lylsyly View Post
    It's a looong running thread here
    Awesome. I've seen the thread sticky, I didn't realize it was just one single guy doing every monster ever.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Savage Nature Bard +0 +2 +0 +2 Magical Aptitude Illiteracy, Bardic Music, Countersong, Fascinate, Animal Companion, Nature Sense, Wild Empathy
    2 Savage Bard +1 +3 +0 +3
    3 Savage Bard +2 +3 +1 +3 Arcane Disciple: Storm
    4 Savage Bard +3 +4 +1 +4 Resist Nature’s Lure
    5 Savage Bard +3 +4 +1 +4
    6 Savage Bard +4 +5 +2 +5 Storm Magic
    7 Stormsinger +4 +5 +4 +7 Bardic Music, Stormsong (Gust of Wind)
    8 Stormcaster +4 +7 +6 +7 Storm Spell Power, Thunderclap
    9 Stormcaster +5 +8 +7 +7 Energy Substitution (Electricity) Resistance to Electricity 10
    10 Stormcaster +5 +8 +7 +8 Shield of Winds 1/day
    11 Stormcaster +6 +9 +8 +8 Eye of the Storm
    12 Stormcaster +6 +9 +8 +8 Heroic Spirit Thunderbolt
    13 Heir of Siberys +6 +11 +10 +10 Favored In House Additional Action Points
    14 Heir of Siberys +7 +12 +11 +11 Storm of Vengeance 1/day
    15 Stormcaster +8 +13 +12 +12 Born of Three Thunders Shield of Winds 2/day
    16 Stormcaster +8 +13 +12 +12 Resistance to Sonic 10
    17 Stormcaster +9 +14 +14 +12 Call Storm, Eye of the Storm (30 ft)
    18 Stormsinger +10 +14 +15 +13 Metamagic of your Choice Stormpower
    19 Stormsinger +10 +15 +15 +13 Stormsong (Thunderstrike)
    20 Sublime Chord +10 +15 +15 +15 Bardic Lore, Bardic Music

Woo! We have a bard that specializes in the power of the storm! Air/electricity/cold/water spells cast in a storm are cast at CL 20. You can use bardic music uses (which you wont use for anything else) to deal a perform check amount of damage to a single target. You have control weather as a SLA, and Storm of Vengeance as a SLA. But really your most potent for your sonic spells and your electricity spells. You’ll have a whole bunch of sonic spells from the bard spell list, and you can help fill your list out at the end by using Sublime Chord. Don’t forget to arm yourself with a runestaff! Make the staff completely out of metal so it’s also a lightning rod. Honestly dont know what else to tell you about. Electric Walls of Fire that can also stun people/knock them on their rear?

I love it! Thanks a lot^^

15. - Top - End - #75

Awesome. I've seen the thread sticky, I didn't realize it was just one single guy doing every monster ever.
    Don't forget that it is also being done with input from the community :)
    Currently Playing: NICELA LASERIE (Neutral Good) Female Gray Elf Fire Souled Half Nymph Elven Generalist Wizard 20 /// PF Bard 1 / Paladin of Freedom 2 /PF Bard +17

AND .......

FERGUS MADROAR (Chaotic Good) Male Dwarf Half Earth Elemental

Cloistered Cleric (Hanseath) 5 / Divine Oracle 6 / Contemplative 9 /// Paladin of Freedom 20

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by martixy View Post
    The Magnificent Magic Missile Mage.

Secret ingredient: The Force Missile Mage.
    Can be gestalt. Can be PF.
    Use PF feat progression.

I have a few build ideas stashed, one of which is this idea of a character that thinks magic missile is the greatest thing in the world ever.
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Wu Jen +0 +0 +0 +2 Metamagic of Choice(B), Skill Focus: Spellcraft, Spell Focus: Evocation, Metamagic of Choice Watchful Spirit
    2 Wu Jen +1 +0 +0 +3
    3 Wu Jen +1 +1 +1 +3 Spell Focus: Illusion Silent Magic Missile
    4 Wu Jen +2 +1 +1 +4
    5 Wu Jen +2 +1 +1 +4
    6 Metaphysical Spell Shaper +2 +1 +1 +6 Combat Casting Metaphysical Metamagic
    7 Metaphysical Spell Shaper +3 +1 +1 +7 Metamagic of Choice(B)
    8 Metaphysical Spell Shaper +3 +2 +2 +7 Metamagic Mastery
    9 Force Missile Mage +3 +2 +2 +9 Arcane Thesis: Magic Missile Bonus Missile, Still Missile
    10 Force Missile Mage +4 +2 +2 +10 Energy Missile, Swift Shield
    11 Force Missile Mage +4 +3 +3 +10 Overpowering Shield
    12 Force Missile Mage +5 +3 +3 +11 Mysterious Magic Reflective Shield
    13 Force Missile Mage +5 +3 +3 +11 Bonus Missile
    14 Argent Savant +5 +3 +3 +13 Force Specialization
    15 Primal Scholar +5 +3 +3 +15 Metamagic of Choice Xen’drik Lore
    16 Primal Scholar +6 +3 +3 +16 Ancient Secret: Mystery of the Quori
    17 Primal Scholar +6 +4 +4 +16 Ancient Secret: Mystery of Magic
    18 Primal Scholar +7 +4 +4 +17 Metamagic of Choice Ancient Secret: Mystery of Xen’drik
    19 Primal Scholar +7 +4 +4 +17 Ancient Secret: Mystery of the Giants, Power of Xen’drik
    20 Archmage +7 +4 +4 +19 High Arcana

Spoiler: Metaphysical Spellshaper
    Show
    The following prestige class is in a book that I can only say is 18+ to access (at least in the States). So I have copied the important bits over for people to use without having to delve into the book. I have also removed the exceedingly small section that may be inappropriate for the boards.
    Show

Metaphysical Spell Shaper: 3 level prestige class
    Requires: craft sculpting or weaving 3, knowledge arcana 5, spellcraft 5, 2 metamagic feeds, 3rd level spellcasting
    Features: d4 HD, 2+int skills (concentration, craft, intimidate, knowledge arcana, profession, spellcraft)
    no weapon/armor prof, half bab, good will saves, full spellcasting progression
    Metamagic Manipulation: At 1st level, a metaphysical spellshaper gains the ability to cast metamagic spells spontaneously by taking ability damage instead of increasing the level of the spell. The metaphysical spellshaper takes one point of ability damage for each spell level by which he is increasing the spell through metamagic. He chooses which of his ability scores to damage. All damage from a casting of a spell must got to the same ability. In this manner, the metamagic manipulation can increase a spell's level beyond the caster's normal capabilities. The caster must still have a sufficient ability score to cast a spell of the level to which metamagic enhanced it. Ability damage taken from metamagic manipulation is resistant to magical restoratives. A character attempting to cast a spell that restores ability damage (such as lesser restoration) lost by metamagic manipulation must succeed on a DC 20 CL check or the spell has no effect on the injured metaphysical spellshaper. Ability damage returns at the normal rate with rest and time. A spell cast in this manner requires more time. If the spell's normal casting time is 1 action, casting a metamagically manipulated spell is a full round action. For a spell with longer casting times it takes an extra full round action to cast the spell.

Metamagic Mastery: At 3rd level the metaphysical spellshaper reduced the final spell-level slot required by metamagic feats by one (to a minimum of one). This applies to all metamagic feats applied to a spell. This benefits both traditional metamagic spells and those cast with metamagic manipulation.

Alright so what can this mage do? Well put simply, he can cast magic missile. Very well. I wont choose your metamagic feats as one person may enjoy utilizing nearly free echoing spells, another may just want to throw on quicken, empower, and maximize it. Whereas another may want twinned repeating echoing versions (where you cast once, get 4 magic missiles out of it, and then get the spell slot back later). Someone else may want a Searing, Blistering Magic Missile of doom. Choose your metamagics to enjoy what you get! Now what you actually get from the build (before the metamagic choices!). You can cast Magic Missile without any components. This means that you manifest no physical signs when casting magic missile. I know there is a metamagic elsewhere (cityscape iirc) that allows you to have the spell originate from elsewhere too, so if you want magic missiles just coming from random directions and having seemingly nothing to do with you, awesome. When you cast magic missile you fire it with 7 missiles. Each missile does the normal 1d4+1. So 7d4+7 is your base damage, or 14-35 damage. That isn’t all that much so your metamagic choice really is the most important. Mystery of Magic allows you to spontaneously cast Magic Missile, you can apply metamagics to it as normal, meaning you never need to prepare magic missile unless you want Quickened Magic Missiles or Echoing Magic Missiles. Mystery of the Quori allows us to cast Magic Missile as an immediate action. You were surprised by a door smashing open, dont wait to see who it is, cast magic missile! This costs you 2 action points (but you dont need to worry too much about those unless you attempt to cast an immediate MM every round. Mystery of Xen’drik allows you to spend 2 action points instead of a spell slot to cast Magic Missile. And Mystery of the Giants allows you to spend action points instead of spell levels when boosting magic missile with metamagics. Metaphysical Spellshaper allows you to take ability burn (effectively) instead of spell levels to boost your magic missiles (and any other spells) with metamagics, and you can do it spontaneously! Finally you reduce the cost of metamagics by 1 whenever you use them, and then for every metamagic applied to a spell you reduce the spell level by 1 to a minimum of 1. By RAW this means if you cast a Searing, Blistering Magic, Quickened Magic Missile (+1 +0 +4), drop it all by 1 (+0, +0, +3) and then subtract the number of metamagics by the spell level (Level 4 spell slot, -3 = Level 1) you can cast spells as first level spells. A lot. Most DMs will just have the metaphysical version work like Arcane Thesis, and that is fine (however it would mean that spell is a level 3 spell.

I just noticed that said that I could use pathfinder and pathfinder feat progression, well.... I didn't check pathfinder stuff, although while researching for this I did see a metamagic that increased the amount of dice per spell by 5, so that would effectively pump you up to 12d4+12. Regardless you have more feats to spend on metamagics now! And you probably dont need to take 2 flaws! Race suggestion: anything you want, however Primordial Half Giant is where I would go.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Climowitz View Post
    I want a character based on the god Janus. Focused in travel and viewing, high movement. I think divination and teleportation would be great, some phisical prowess would be great too
    Spoiler: The one the drove me mad
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Cleric +0 +2 +0 +2 Travel Devotion(B), Least Dragonmark of Travel, Favored in House, Weapon Focus(B) Turn Undead, War Domain
    2 Cleric +1 +3 +0 +3
    3 Cleric +2 +3 +1 +3 Orien Battle Stride
    4 Cleric +3 +4 +1 +4
    5 Dragonmarked Heir +3 +6 +3 +6 Lesser Dragonmark(B) House Status
    6 Blade of Orien +4 +6 +5 +6 Combat Reflexes Heir’s Mark, Improved Dimension Leap
    7 Blade of Orien +5 +6 +6 +6 Swift Leap
    8 Blade of Orien +6 +7 +6 +7 Korran’s Strength
    9 Blade of Orien +7 +7 +7 +7 Greater Dragonmark of Travel Orien’s Grasp
    10 Divine Crusader +7 +9 +7 +9 Aura, Travel Domain
    11 Contemplative +7 +9 +7 +11 Divine Health, Oracle Domain
    12 Contemplative +8 +9 +7 +12 Evasive Reflexes Slippery Mind
    13 Divine Crusader +9 +10 +7 +13
    14 Divine Crusader +10 +10 +8 +13 Resistance to Electricity 5
    15 Blade of Orien +11 +10 +8 +13 Mark of the Dauntless Olladra’s Twist
    16 Blade of Orien +12 +11 +9 +14 Dimensional Push
    17 Blade of Orien +13 +11 +9 +14 Orien’s Wrath
    18 Blade of Orien +14 +11 +10 +14 Robilar’s Gambit Shadow Shift
    19 Blade of Orien +15 +12 +10 +15 Orien’s Cloak
    20 Blade of Orien +16 +12 +11 +15 Orien’s Fury

I boosted how much you could teleport and gave you scrying. Honestly this isn’t my best work, I’m not happy with it, and I’ve spent more time here than I’ve spent on several other builds that did better. I looked at using Flicker from shadowcaster, but their only divination ability is way late and would kill your melee. Same thing with psionics. I investigated ~30 different spellcasting classes trying to find a way to get the abilities I wanted without spending too many levels or losing too much BAB. I finally settled on Divine Crusader as a base. Combining Mark of the Dauntless, Slippery Mind, and Freedom of Movement means there is very little that can stop you from moving. Combining Orien Battle Stride, Evasive Reflexes, and Robilar’s Gambit means that if someone with normal reach tries to swing at you, they provoke, you step back, since you cancelled their strike they technically miss, allowing you to take another 5 foot step.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

I looked at using Flicker from shadowcaster, but their only divination ability is way late and would kill your melee. Same thing with psionics. I investigated ~30 different spellcasting classes trying to find a way to get the abilities I wanted without spending too many levels or losing too much BAB.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    Hmm.

How about Binder 4 / Knight of the Sacred Seal 5 (focus on Paimon + one other vestige), that would get you almost full BAB.

If you picked Tenebrous as your other vestige you'd get Flicker and lots of Rebuke Undead attempts -- not good for Travel Devotion, but good for Divine Vigor which is nice in combo with Paimon's Dance of Death.

Or maybe Dantallion, for Thought Travel and the +8 bonus to all Knowledge checks, plus reading thoughts is a form of divination.

Turning into a native Outsider and getting an aligned strike makes you somewhat angelic or divine, too.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

lvl 3-6+ E6 character who has to be weak enough to fit in with tier 4-6 characters but covers the following niches. 2 traits 2 flaws available.

Trapfinding (can use the trapspringer 3.5 homebrew trait if needed)
    ranged magic damage (repeatable)
    medium-low squishy (but not so much that 0-ko is possible)
    skilled
    and must be an elf.
    reagional feats can be refluffed but still only 1 allowed.

i have been having an issue doing this myself: closest i can come up with is a commoner using shape soulmeld/ or spending 3 feats to get 2d6 acid/fire with a reserve feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by BassoonHero View Post
    No, the problem is that the limit one can achieve with physical brute force from a human body is low, very, very, very low, so obviously someone pursuing strength via muscles is not going to get far.
    This is certainly true in 3.5, but I don't think that it's an inevitable feature of the fantasy genre. Look at wuxia. Look at mythology. Look at what "peak human" means in the DC universe. I think that "strength via muscles" can do some pretty amazing things if the system allows for it.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by magicalmagicman View Post
    I wanna play this:https://orig00.deviantart.net/d692/f...33-d825f87.png
    Or this:https://pre00.deviantart.net/ca9d/th...ox-dac8fxz.png
    (Notice the robot eye in the middle)

How do I turn these into a playable d&d character or a playable d&d character capable of creating these things?
    Spoiler: Someone Ask for a robot eye?
    Show

Suggested: Warforged
    Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Urban Druid +0 +2 +0 +2 Urban Tracking City Sense, Favored City: Sharn, Urban Companion
    2 Urban Druid +1 +3 +0 +3 Crowdwalk
    3 Urban Druid +2 +3 +1 +3 Craft Wondrous Item Alley Fighting
    4 Urban Druid +3 +4 +1 +4 Disease Immunity, Favored City: Metrol
    5 Urban Druid +3 +4 +1 +4 Urban Shape 1/day
    6 Urban Druid +4 +5 +2 +5 Natural Spell Urban Shape 2/day
    7 Urban Druid +5 +5 +2 +5 Urban Shape 3/day
    8 Urban Druid +6 +6 +2 +6 Urban Shape (large), Favored City: Stormreach
    9 Urban Druid +6 +6 +3 +6 Craft Arms and Armor Information Network
    10 Urban Druid +7 +7 +3 +7 Urban Shape 4/day
    11 Urban Druid +8 +7 +3 +7 Urban Shape (Tiny)
    12 Urban Druid +9 +8 +4 +8 Natural Bond Urban Shape (Object), Favored City: Durat Tal
    13 Urban Druid +9 +8 +4 +8
    14 Urban Druid +10 +9 +4 +9 Urban Shape 5/day
    15 Urban Druid +11 +9 +5 +9 City Magic Urban Shape (Huge)
    16 Urban Druid +12 +10 +5 +10 Favored City: Io’lokar, Urban Shape (Animated Object 1/day)
    17 Contemplative +12 +10 +5 +12 Envy Domain
    18 Effigy Master +12 +10 +5 +14 Extraordinary Artisan Craft Effigy
    19 Effigy Master +13 +10 +5 +15
    20 Effigy Master +13 +11 +6 +15 Improved Effigy

Alright, what have we here? An obscure class? Check. More Eberron material. Of course. Anyways level 16 is what your after. You can take the form of any animated object sized Tiny-Huge. Could you take the shape of a wagon? Yea. A small house, yup. One of those pictures? Yup. It is absolutely lovely what you can turn into! Now there are two… technically homebrew feats here, although any DM that says no is crazy. Natural Spell and Natural Bond. Technically you do not have Wild Shape, nor Animal Companion. You have Urban Shape, and Urban Companion. Yay! But more to the point. You are an expert inside cities. Max out your Gather Information and take advantage of Urban Tracking, or dump Urban Tracking for whatever you want (scribe scroll, extraordinary artisan, magical artisan). Urban druids can’t wear most armors, anything with +4 AC or more is taboo. So don’t wear armor. Have your composite plating enchanted with +3, and +7 worth of other effects. You feel it is impolite to wield weapons in public, good thing you dont have any weapons, but an animated object Urban Companion. Finally, run as LE, check out
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?448542-Compliance-Will-Be-Rewarded-A-Guide-to-Lawful-Evil and be an evious, greedy, power hungry jerk, that happens to keep those emotions in check most of the time.
    But no what actually can this do, well your a spellcaster with 9ths, have an urban companion leveled into the last category, and have Urban Shape. Are you as powerful as a druid? No. I’m sorry but they just have too much support and you can’t do what you wanted to do as a druid, however you come as close as you can. What else do you do? Your the party craftsman, the party face, and the guy that can just do everything. Wanna melee? Turn into a Huge Animated Object with hardness crit immunity, and spellcasting. For 16 hours. Finally we have Effigy Master and the Envy Domain. With the Envy Domain you can create Simulacrums. Of yourself. Yup. Make Simulacrums of yourself, Urban Shape into a tiny object (like a hat) and use your Natural Spell to play as yourself, without endangering yourself. As an accompanied object you are not at risk from damage unless your wielder rolls a natural 1 or they attempt to sunder you. (NICE) When combat gets real you fly off their head (wind?) and turn into a literal tank. Cast your spells with impunity with your hardness and DR! Oh and create yourself a small army of Effigies. If you *really* dont want to disguise yourself as a hat or create effigies drop the last 4 levels for something like warlock, idk.

21. - Top - End - #81

I think you forgot to build his three cannons in the second picture. And I might be wrong but I think you forgot his ability to fly around and reach the astral plane in the first picture. It's in outer space after all.

XD

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by someonenoone11 View Post
    I think you forgot to build his three cannons in the second picture. And I might be wrong but I think you forgot his ability to fly around and reach the astral plane in the first picture. It's in outer space after all.

XD
    He's a spellcaster. Can't he just buff himself up?

23. - Top - End - #83

He's a spellcaster. Can't he just buff himself up?
    Maybe for the flight and astral plane thing (Plane Shift + Fly), but what can buffs do for the three cannons in the 2nd picture? Is there a buff that embeds a cannon into your flesh or something? o_O. Or are you saying "Cast Fireball and call it a cannon"? Cause that might be fine too, we'll never know until magicalmagicman gets here.

24. - Top - End - #84

ElfRangerGuy

Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Wu Jen +0 +0 +0 +2 Metamagic of Choice(B), Skill Focus: Spellcraft, Spell Focus: Evocation, Metamagic of Choice Watchful Spirit
    2 Wu Jen +1 +0 +0 +3
    3 Wu Jen +1 +1 +1 +3 Spell Focus: Illusion Silent Magic Missile
    4 Wu Jen +2 +1 +1 +4
    5 Wu Jen +2 +1 +1 +4
    6 Metaphysical Spell Shaper +2 +1 +1 +6 Combat Casting Metaphysical Metamagic
    7 Metaphysical Spell Shaper +3 +1 +1 +7 Metamagic of Choice(B)
    8 Metaphysical Spell Shaper +3 +2 +2 +7 Metamagic Mastery
    9 Force Missile Mage +3 +2 +2 +9 Arcane Thesis: Magic Missile Bonus Missile, Still Missile
    10 Force Missile Mage +4 +2 +2 +10 Energy Missile, Swift Shield
    11 Force Missile Mage +4 +3 +3 +10 Overpowering Shield
    12 Force Missile Mage +5 +3 +3 +11 Mysterious Magic Reflective Shield
    13 Force Missile Mage +5 +3 +3 +11 Bonus Missile
    14 Argent Savant +5 +3 +3 +13 Force Specialization
    15 Primal Scholar +5 +3 +3 +15 Metamagic of Choice Xen’drik Lore
    16 Primal Scholar +6 +3 +3 +16 Ancient Secret: Mystery of the Quori
    17 Primal Scholar +6 +4 +4 +16 Ancient Secret: Mystery of Magic
    18 Primal Scholar +7 +4 +4 +17 Metamagic of Choice Ancient Secret: Mystery of Xen’drik
    19 Primal Scholar +7 +4 +4 +17 Ancient Secret: Mystery of the Giants, Power of Xen’drik
    20 Archmage +7 +4 +4 +19 High Arcana

Show
    The following prestige class is in a book that I can only say is 18+ to access (at least in the States). So I have copied the important bits over for people to use without having to delve into the book. I have also removed the exceedingly small section that may be inappropriate for the boards.
    Show

Metaphysical Spell Shaper: 3 level prestige class
    Requires: craft sculpting or weaving 3, knowledge arcana 5, spellcraft 5, 2 metamagic feeds, 3rd level spellcasting
    Features: d4 HD, 2+int skills (concentration, craft, intimidate, knowledge arcana, profession, spellcraft)
    no weapon/armor prof, half bab, good will saves, full spellcasting progression
    Metamagic Manipulation: At 1st level, a metaphysical spellshaper gains the ability to cast metamagic spells spontaneously by taking ability damage instead of increasing the level of the spell. The metaphysical spellshaper takes one point of ability damage for each spell level by which he is increasing the spell through metamagic. He chooses which of his ability scores to damage. All damage from a casting of a spell must got to the same ability. In this manner, the metamagic manipulation can increase a spell's level beyond the caster's normal capabilities. The caster must still have a sufficient ability score to cast a spell of the level to which metamagic enhanced it. Ability damage taken from metamagic manipulation is resistant to magical restoratives. A character attempting to cast a spell that restores ability damage (such as lesser restoration) lost by metamagic manipulation must succeed on a DC 20 CL check or the spell has no effect on the injured metaphysical spellshaper. Ability damage returns at the normal rate with rest and time. A spell cast in this manner requires more time. If the spell's normal casting time is 1 action, casting a metamagically manipulated spell is a full round action. For a spell with longer casting times it takes an extra full round action to cast the spell.

Metamagic Mastery: At 3rd level the metaphysical spellshaper reduced the final spell-level slot required by metamagic feats by one (to a minimum of one). This applies to all metamagic feats applied to a spell. This benefits both traditional metamagic spells and those cast with metamagic manipulation.

Alright so what can this mage do? Well put simply, he can cast magic missile. Very well. I wont choose your metamagic feats as one person may enjoy utilizing nearly free echoing spells, another may just want to throw on quicken, empower, and maximize it. Whereas another may want twinned repeating echoing versions (where you cast once, get 4 magic missiles out of it, and then get the spell slot back later). Someone else may want a Searing, Blistering Magic Missile of doom. Choose your metamagics to enjoy what you get! Now what you actually get from the build (before the metamagic choices!). You can cast Magic Missile without any components. This means that you manifest no physical signs when casting magic missile. I know there is a metamagic elsewhere (cityscape iirc) that allows you to have the spell originate from elsewhere too, so if you want magic missiles just coming from random directions and having seemingly nothing to do with you, awesome. When you cast magic missile you fire it with 7 missiles. Each missile does the normal 1d4+1. So 7d4+7 is your base damage, or 14-35 damage. That isn’t all that much so your metamagic choice really is the most important. Mystery of Magic allows you to spontaneously cast Magic Missile, you can apply metamagics to it as normal, meaning you never need to prepare magic missile unless you want Quickened Magic Missiles or Echoing Magic Missiles. Mystery of the Quori allows us to cast Magic Missile as an immediate action. You were surprised by a door smashing open, dont wait to see who it is, cast magic missile! This costs you 2 action points (but you dont need to worry too much about those unless you attempt to cast an immediate MM every round. Mystery of Xen’drik allows you to spend 2 action points instead of a spell slot to cast Magic Missile. And Mystery of the Giants allows you to spend action points instead of spell levels when boosting magic missile with metamagics. Metaphysical Spellshaper allows you to take ability burn (effectively) instead of spell levels to boost your magic missiles (and any other spells) with metamagics, and you can do it spontaneously! Finally you reduce the cost of metamagics by 1 whenever you use them, and then for every metamagic applied to a spell you reduce the spell level by 1 to a minimum of 1. By RAW this means if you cast a Searing, Blistering Magic, Quickened Magic Missile (+1 +0 +4), drop it all by 1 (+0, +0, +3) and then subtract the number of metamagics by the spell level (Level 4 spell slot, -3 = Level 1) you can cast spells as first level spells. A lot. Most DMs will just have the metaphysical version work like Arcane Thesis, and that is fine (however it would mean that spell is a level 3 spell.

I just noticed that said that I could use pathfinder and pathfinder feat progression, well.... I didn't check pathfinder stuff, although while researching for this I did see a metamagic that increased the amount of dice per spell by 5, so that would effectively pump you up to 12d4+12. Regardless you have more feats to spend on metamagics now! And you probably dont need to take 2 flaws! Race suggestion: anything you want, however Primordial Half Giant is where I would go.
    Neat. Thank you. I shall look it over and take a few more feats in a day or two, when I have time.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMagnum View Post
    I need a level 20 lich dread necromancer. A level 20 monk /swordsage and a level 20 power attack /smite evil paladin. If you have time to do that by Sunday I would be a very pleased man.
    Any 3.5 official material, no pathfinder or dragon mag please. Whatever you think will be the best is cool.. Thanks
    I apologize, I know it isn't required but I did try to get to this while still going in order, do you still need this?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akto View Post
    If you could have the time to help me with this build, I would very Much appriciate it.
    I need a lvl 12 Artificer Warforged.
    He doesn't need to be Strong in melee, but have a Focus on blasting and battle field control
    (Bonus points if her can have something like Mega Mans blaster or Ironmans repulsor blasters).

I have never player and artificer, so i am at a bit og a stumb how to build this char. So any help would be appriciated

He has an item budget of 27.000 gold. Xp price is a non issue as he is an npc
    Spoiler: Stub
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Warforged Artificer +0 +0 +0 +2 Adamantine Body, Wand Bonding Artificer Knowledge, Item Creation, Artisan Bonus, Disable Trap, Scribe Scroll, Infuse Self
    2 Artificer +1 +0 +0 +3 Brew Potions
    3 Artificer +2 +1 +1 +3 Ancestral Relic Craft Wondrous Items
    4 Artificer +3 +1 +1 +4 Extraordinary Artisan(B) Craft Homunculus
    5 Warforged Artificer +3 +1 +1 +4 Craft Arms and Armor, Craft Weapon Familiar
    6 Artificer +4 +2 +2 +5 Item Familiar Metamagic Spell Trigger
    7 Artificer +5 +2 +2 +5 Craft Wand
    8 Artificer +6 +2 +2 +6 Craft construct(B)
    9 Artificer +6 +3 +3 +6 Magical Artisan: Extraordinary Artisan Craft Rod
    10 Artificer +7 +3 +3 +7
    11 Artificer +8 +3 +3 +7 Metamagic Spell Completion
    12 Artificer** +9 +4 +4 +8 Legendary Artisan(B) Craft Staff
    13 Anointed Knight +10 +6 +4 +10 Divine Clarity
    14 Anointed Knight +11 +7 +4 +11 Impervious Weapon
    15 Anointed Knight +12 +7 +5 +11 Practiced Spellcaster: Artificer, Power Attack(B)
    16 Anointed Knight +13 +8 +5 +12 Inspired Strike
    17 Anointed Knight +14 +8 +5 +12 Sentience
    18 Uncanny Trickster +14 +8 +7 +12 Magical Artisan: Legendary Artisan Bonus Trick, Favorite Trick
    19 Uncanny Trickster +15 +8 +8 +12 Bonus Trick, Favorite Trick, Skill Mastery
    20 Uncanny Trickster +16 +9 +8 +13 Bonus Trick, Favorite Trick, Forge Ring

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Akto View Post
    If you could have the time to help me with this build, I would very Much appriciate it.
    I need a lvl 12 Artificer Warforged.
    He doesn't need to be Strong in melee, but have a Focus on blasting and battle field control
    (Bonus points if her can have something like Mega Mans blaster or Ironmans repulsor blasters).

I have never player and artificer, so i am at a bit og a stumb how to build this char. So any help would be appriciated

He has an item budget of 27.000 gold. Xp price is a non issue as he is an npc
    [/SPOILER]Alright, your weapon of choice: Livewood Elvencraft Longbow with 2 Wand Chambers. You can enchant this bad boy as: A bow, a Staff, a Double Weapon, and a Wondrous Item. In addition you may sacrifice goods at full value to enchant it, and every time you put at least 1 CP towards it you may swap out all the enchantments already upon it. Now what to enchant it with? Well this is honestly a big gray area. In my groups artificers may create their own custom enchantments, and if the DM is okay with them they can use them. Example: Always on Mage Armor. +4 armor bonus to AC. CL SL 1 costs you 1k gold before any reductions. That is insanely good compared to bracers of armor, however you have the disadvantage that anyone that casts Dispel Magic at you will negate it for at least 1 round. Now at level 12 what *could* you put on your staff? Well… a lot. A guide from a previous post of mine using nearly the same build (was slightly more martial focused)
    Spoiler: Wall of Post
    Show

Spoiler: Weapon Familiar
    Show

Weapon familiars are intelligent magic melee weapons crafted by a warforged artificer with the craft weapon familiar class feature. Each weapon familiar is magically linked to its creator, much like a normal familiar is linked to its master. A weapon familiar grants special abilities to its creator while held (as shown on the table below). Each weapon familiar grants one special ability based on the effort required to use it (light, one-handed, or two-handed) and its damage type (bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing). If a weapon familiar has more than one property in the same category (such as a morningstar, which deals both bludgeoning and piercing damage), the creator chooses which special ability the weapon familiar will grant.
    Light: +3 bonus on Disable Device checks
    One-handed: +3 bonus on Use Magic Device checks
    Two-handed: +3 bonus on Concentration checks
    Bludgeoning: +2 bonus on Fortitude saves
    Piercing: +2 bonus on Reflex saves
    Slashing: +3 hit points
    Note: Best ones here are +saves, +umd, and +HP, and the HP is only good because it makes it harder for others to destroy our weapon familiar
    Weapon Familiar Basics: A weapon familiar is an intelligent magic weapon, with a basic description as given in the Player’s Handbook and the additional features described below. See Intelligent Items, page 268 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide, for more information.
    Ability Scores: As an intelligent item, a weapon familiar has Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. Two of these abilities have a score of 14 and one has a score of 10, as determined by the warforged artificer at the time of creation.
    Hit Points: A weapon familiar has the normal hit points for a weapon of its type (see Table 8–8, page 158 of the Player’s Handbook) and enhancement bonus, plus bonus hit points equal to one-half its creator’s hit points (not including temporary hit points), rounded down. For example, if the creator of a +1 heavy mace weapon familiar had 25 hit points, the weapon familiar would have 42 hit points (20 for a heavy mace, +10 for being a +1 weapon, +12 for its creator’s hit points). Note: This is important to know! Write it down! We become great at surviving sunder attempts and oozes trying to eat us!
    Saving Throws: A weapon familiar need not make any saving throw unless its wielder rolls a 1 on a save against an effect that could also damage the weapon familiar (such as fireball) or if the effect specifically targets the weapon familiar (such as shatter). For each saving throw, a weapon familiar uses either its own base save bonus (2 + 1/2 its creator’s artificer level) or its creator’s save bonus (from all classes), whichever is better. A weapon familiar adds its own ability modifiers on saving throws (Dex –5, Con +0, Wis varies). Note: Hallelujah it can save!
    Senses: A weapon familiar has darkvision out to 60 feet, and it can hear as well as a normal person. Note: We dont have darkvision, it does. It can talk to us. We now can “see” while in darkness even though we still take miss chance. Familiar will relay location and we can fire something off in that direction
    Communication: A weapon familiar can speak and understand Common, plus one language per point of Intelligence bonus (if any). It can also communicate telepathically with its master as long as it is held. Note: Good! It starts with 3 languages, one of which is common. Choose languages we don’t know.
    Alignment: When created, a weapon familiar has the same alignment as its creator. Note, though, that a weapon familiar and its creator might find themselves in conflict if the creator’s alignment ever changes.
    Ego: As an intelligent item, a weapon familiar has an ego score. Though it never engages in a personality conflict with its wielder, it automatically does so if another character attempts to wield it. For the purpose of determining ego score, a weapon familiar is considered to have six lesser powers, and to gain new lesser powers when its creator attains 11th level and 13th level.
    Weapon Familiar Ability Descriptions: All weapon familiars gain or impart special abilities depending on their creator’s artificer level. The abilities given on the table are cumulative.
    Creator Caster Level Hardness adj. Special
    5th-6th +1 Alertness, Deliver Touch Infusions, Improved Evasion, Share Infusions
    7th-8th +2
    9th-10 +3
    11th-12th +4 Spell Resistance
    13th-14th +5 Scry on weapon familiar
    15th-16th +6

Hardness Adj.: The number noted here is an improvement to the weapon familiar’s existing hardness. Note: Eventual +6 Hardness. That is DR 6/- and 6 to all its elemental resistances. Our weapon familiar can take a beating, adding in it’s hp it probably can take more of a beating than we can
    Alertness (Ex): The presence of a weapon familiar sharpens its creator’s senses. While a weapon familiar is held, the creator gains the effect of the Alertness feat (see page 89 of the Player’s Handbook).
    Deliver Touch Infusions (Su): If a weapon familiar is held by its creator at the time the creator imbues an infusion with a range of touch, the creator can then deliver the infusion by touching a target with the weapon familiar (either as a melee touch attack or as a normal melee attack). If the creator imbues another infusion before the touch is delivered, the touch infusion dissipates. Note: This is useful when fighting other constructs as we can now channel Inflict Damage infusions through our weapon when we fight. It’s not as awesome as a duskblade, but we’ll make do
    Improved Evasion (Ex): A weapon familiar can avoid damage from certain attacks with a successful Reflex save and take only half damage on a failed save. See the monk class feature, page 42 of the Player’s Handbook. Note: Haha! Improved evasion, means when we roll a 1 on ref save vs fireball it gets to attempt to save, it fails, and still only takes half damage. Then as an item takes half again from the damage, AND THEN applies it’s hardness. Unless someone attempts to break the weapon familiar it shant be broken.
    Share Infusions: At the creator’s option, he can have any infusion he imbues on himself also affect his weapon familiar. The weapon familiar must be held at the time of casting to receive the benefit, and the creator and his weapon familiar can share spells even if those spells don’t normally affect objects. This ability otherwise functions identically to the share spells ability (page 53 of the Player’s Handbook). Note: This has several major applications. N1: When we repair ourself, we repair it and vis versa. N2: When we use Weapon Augmentation we boost it, and our slam, and any other natural weapons we have. N3: It calls out that this functions like share spells as well, meaning if we use one of our many magic items to buff ourself, we can buff our Weapon Familiar
    Spell Resistance (Ex): If its creator is 11th level or higher, a weapon familiar gains spell resistance equal to the creator’s artificer level +5. The creator’s infusions automatically overcome this spell resistance. Note: SR 17 by the time we’re done. That is nice. It mainly means that others won’t accidentally polymorph it.
    Scry on Weapon Familiar (Sp): If a creator’s level is 13th level or higher, he can scry on his weapon familiar (as if casting scrying with automatic success) once per day. See the spell description, page 274 of the Player’s Handbook. Note: Hope that you never have to use this.

[SPOILER-Item Familiar] [General]
    Choose a permanent magic item that you possess. You establish a link to that magic item, and the item improves in capability as you gain levels.
    Prerequisite: A character must be at least 3rd level to take this feat.
    Benefit: By establishing a link to a particular item, you enable that item to gain power as you gain levels. The exact nature of the item and the powers are described in the following text.
    Special: If you ever lose the chosen item (have it removed from your possession for a continuous period of more than one day per level) or if the item is destroyed, you automatically lose 200 XP per level as well as all benefits derived from possessing the linked item (plus any resources you put into the item). If you recover the item, you regain these XP. You may replace a lost or destroyed item familiar after you have advanced one level, as if you were gaining an item familiar for the first time.

In order to be an item familiar, a magic item must:
    —Have a price of at least 2,000 gp.
    —Be usable by the character (if it is a weapon, the character must be proficient with the appropriate category of weapon).
    —Have a permanent magical effect that the character can (and knows how to) use.

When a character selects an item and chooses the Item Familiar feat, the character establishes a permanent, supernatural bond to the item familiar. This bond can be suppressed by an antimagic field or similar effect, but it cannot be dispelled. Once the character has become bonded to the magic item, the item may gain additional powers or intelligence. The character can also begin investing abilities into the item, using the item familiar to improve her own capabilities.

Table 5-12: Item Familiar Abilities
    Character Level Ability
    1st Invest Life Energy; Invest Skill Ranks; Invest Spell Slots
    7th Sapience; Senses; Communication
    10th Special Ability
    14th Special Ability
    18th Special Ability
    21st+ One Special Ability per 3 levels above 20

Invest Life Energy: A character of 6th level or lower may invest a portion of her life force into her item familiar, receiving bonus XP in return. These XP are actually part of the item, however, so if the item is lost or destroyed, the character loses not only the bonus but a quantity of her existing XP as well. When a character chooses to invest her life energy into her item familiar, her current XP total and all future XP awards increase by 10%. However, if the character loses the item, she loses all bonus XP gained, plus an additional 200 XP per character level. Note: Do this at level 3. Your character must play as though this weapon is their life, so you will never lose this weapon.
    Invest Skill Ranks: Whenever a character with an item familiar gains skill points, she may choose to put some or all of those skill points into her item familiar. She assigns the skill points normally, but notes that they now reside in the item familiar. For every 3 ranks she assigns to the item familiar, she gains a +1 bonus that she can apply to any single skill. This bonus can be applied to a skill in which she already has maximum ranks. She can apply multiple bonuses to the same skill, but she may not have more points of bonus in a skill than she has ranks. If the character loses the item familiar, is separated from it for one day per level (see the Item Familiar feat description), or if the item familiar is destroyed, these skill points and the bonuses related to them are lost. Note: I suggest doing this for all your future ranks in Spellcraft, Craft, and Knowledge Arcana. Apply the bonuses to UMD. This way if you ever do lose your weapon your not useless as you can still use your artificer skill set
    Invest Spell Slot: Only spellcasters may choose to use this option. A character with an item familiar may choose to invest a single spell slot in her familiar and gain a bonus spell slot in return. The single spell slot must be of the highest spell level she can cast, and the bonus spell slot is always two levels lower than the slot invested in the item. As the caster gains (or loses) levels, the spell slot invested in the item changes so that it is always of the highest spell level she can cast, and the bonus spell slot also changes accordingly, remaining two levels lower than that. If a spellcaster does not have a spell slot two levels lower than the highest spell level she can cast (if she can cast only 0- and 1st-level spells), she cannot use this option. As with all other investiture options, if the item familiar is lost or destroyed, so are both spell slots. Note: If you do this then your weapon can later cast an infusion on you, or itself mid combat without you needing to take action. Suggested Infusions are: Repair Damage, Power Surge, Weapon Augmentation, Armor Augmentation
    Sapience: If a character with an item familiar is at least 7th level, the item gains rudimentary sapience. It gains Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores. Two of these scores (player’s or DM’s choice) are 10 and one is 12. The item familiar also gains an Ego score (see Item Ego, page 270 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide). This last score should not come into play very often—an item familiars is completely loyal to its master, unless its master radically changes alignment or one or the other is affected by some strange compulsion. Note: You can basically ignore this aspect of the item familiar
    Senses: If a character with an item familiar is at least 7th level, the item can see and hear in a 60-foot radius as if it were a creature. It does not normally make Spot or Listen checks separately from its master, but its master gains the benefit of the Alertness feat while wielding the item. Note: You can basically ignore this aspect of the item familiar
    Communication: If a character with an item familiar is at least 7th level, the item begins to communicate with the master using basic emotions or feelings. The item may try to tell the master of danger, for example, by putting forth a feeling of fear. It can only communicate in this manner while being worn or carried by its master. Note: Empathic Links are great and all, but they are usually meant for when the item familiar is away from you, which it will never leave your grasp
    Special Ability: When an item familiar’s master reaches 10th level, and at every four levels thereafter, the master chooses a new special ability for the item from the following list. Once an ability is chosen, it becomes a permanent part of the item (unless otherwise specified). Some abilities have prerequisites.
    Armor, Shield, or Weapon Special Ability: An item familiar empowered with this special ability gains an ability equivalent to a +1 bonus (as found on Table 7–5, 7–6, or 7–14 in the Dungeon Master’s Guide), such as the light fortification, bashing, or defending special ability. This ability contributes to the overall enhancement bonus of the item and its value but does not cost the master of the familiar any gold pieces or time. This ability may be used in conjunction with the normal rules for improving an existing magic item (see Improving an Item Familiar, below, and Adding New Abilities, page 288 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide). A character may select this special ability multiple times, each time enabling her familiar to gain a different ability equivalent to a +1 bonus.
    Prerequisite: The item familiar must be a type of magic armor, a magic shield, or a magic weapon. Note: This is only nice if you are not using Ancestral Relic
    Cantrips/Orisons: An item familiar empowered with this special ability can cast 0-level spells. The familiar may cast any spell invested in it as a standard action (or longer, as defined by the spell’s casting time) as long as the spell does not have an expensive material component or an XP component. The item familiar need not provide any verbal or somatic components, and it need not provide any material components that cost less than 1 gp. It has access to all the 0-level spells from any single class spell list of the master’s choice (taking into account any alignment restrictions against casting spells of a certain class or alignment subtype). It can cast a number of 0-level spells per day as if it were a sorcerer of the master’s character level (though the master does not have to be a spellcaster). The item familiar uses its own ability scores to determine spell save DCs but can cast its 0-level spells only on its master’s order. The master may use a free action on her turn to issue these orders, or she may give a number of contingency orders (such as “If I fall unconscious, cast cure minor wounds on me”) equal to one more than her Charisma modifier (minimum one). Note: Unfortunately we do not have cantrips or orisons
    Greater Power: An item familiar empowered with this special ability gains any single greater power listed on the Intelligent Item Greater Powers table, page 270 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide. The item uses this power as described, at the master’s command. A character may select this special ability multiple times, each time applying it to a different greater power.
    Prerequisite: An item must have at least one lesser power (see below) for every greater power it is given. The master must spend the amount of gold pieces given in the Base Price Modifier column of the Intelligent Item Greater Powers table to purchase the greater power. The process of empowering an item in this way takes 24 hours. Note: I’ll detail these a bit later
    Greater Senses: An item familiar empowered with this special ability gains blindsense out to 30 feet.
    Prerequisite: The item familiar must already have the improved senses special ability (see below). Note: Useful, we are never unconscious and neither is the familiar, meaning that its always a warning if someone without darkstalker is attempting to sneak up on you
    Improved Senses: An item familiar empowered with this special ability gains darkvision out to 60 feet. Note: Unfortunately for Greater Senses we would need this, making it eat 2 of your 3 nonepic Special Abilities, pass.
    Increased Sapience: An item familiar empowered with this special ability gains +4 to any single ability score and +2 to its other two scores. The item can now communicate telepathically in a recognizable language with the master out to 120 feet and can speak audibly in Common. It can speak, read, and understand one additional language per point of Intelligence bonus. A character may select this special ability multiple times, each time improving all three of the item’s ability scores and increasing the number of languages it can speak, read, and understand. Note: This is absolutely amazing, due to Anointed Knight, we’ll get to that though.
    Lesser Power: An item familiar empowered with this special ability gains any single lesser power listed on the Intelligent Item Lesser Powers table, page 269 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide. The item uses this power as described, at the master’s command. A character may select this special ability multiple times, each time applying it to a different lesser power.
    Prerequisite: The master must spend the amount of gold pieces given in the Base Price Modifier column of the Intelligent Item Lesser Powers table to purchase the lesser power. The process of empowering an item in this way takes 24 hours. Note: We’ll talk about these later too
    Special Purpose and Dedicated Power: An item familiar empowered with this special ability gains a special purpose and a dedicated power chosen by its master (see the Intelligent Item Purpose and Special Purpose Item Dedicated Powers tables on page 270 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide). An item familiar usually displays more flexibility in how it carries out its special purpose than a standard intelligent item, especially if its purpose conflicts with its master. However, if a master (especially one who gave the item a special purpose in the first place) consistently acts against the item’s special purpose, the item has even more leverage for keeping the “master” in line. An item familiar can temporarily sever the link between item and master, essentially shutting down access to any abilities invested in the item plus all its normal magical abilities, as if the item had been lost or destroyed. The item only reestablishes the link if it is convinced the master is committed to helping it fulfill its special purpose. No item familiar may have more than one special purpose and one dedicated power.
    Prerequisite: The master must spend the amount of gold pieces given in the Base Price Modifier column of the Special Purpose Item Dedicated Powers table to purchase the dedicated power. The process of empowering an item in this way takes 24 hours. Note: This is a double edged sword. On one hand we can have resurrection be cast on us if we fall, on the other hand if our alignment is shifted forcibly our familiar no longer serves us. Quite possibly a bad thing, this is definitely more of a role play one, and thus it may be unsuitable for some tables.
    Spell Use: An item familiar empowered with this ability may cast any spell invested in it as a standard action (or longer, as defined by the spell’s duration) as long as it does not have an expensive material component or an XP component. The item familiar need not provide any verbal or somatic components, and it need not provide any material components that cost less than 1 gp. The item familiar must meet the ability score prerequisites for the spell but casts the spell at the master’s level. The item familiar may cast the spell only on the master’s order (as described in Cantrips/Orisons, above). If an item familiar casts an invested spell, it is as if the master cast it for purposes of spells per day and preparation.
    Prerequisite: The item must have an invested spell slot of the appropriate spell level (see Invest Spell Slots, above), and the master must have the ability to cast 3rd-level spells. Note: Pure gold. You really want this one if you want your Item Familiar to be able to buff mid combat, or heal you! Please remember about Share Infusions from way back in the other spoiler
    Item Familiar Alignment: An item familiar gains its master’s alignment and, if the character changes alignment, it generally changes alignment accordingly. However, if this alignment change would be in direct conflict with the item familiar’s special purpose (if any), the item does not change alignment, and it immediately severs the link between itself and its master. The link can only be reestablished when the master changes to a nonconflicting alignment. If an item familiar changes to an alignment that would preclude it using some of its powers not tied to a special purpose, the change in alignment takes place, no severing of the link occurs, and the item cannot use those powers until its alignment becomes compatible again.
    Improving an Item Familiar: An item familiar can be improved as other magic items can be. By spending gold pieces (and time and experience points, assuming the character is the one doing the work), a character can add new abilities to her item familiar. This type of improvement has nothing to do with the master’s character level, though it may affect the item’s eventual Ego score. Note: It is a really good thing that our Item familiar NEVER challenges us to an ego contest. We would lose horribly.

Spoiler: Anoint Weapon
    Show

Level + Cha Mod Ability/Effect
    Level + Cha Mod Ability/Effect
    3 or lower Good Weapon +1d6 good damage vs evil creatures, counts as good for DR purposes, and if someone evil takes your weapon from you they lose a level while holding it
    4-6 Sunder Resistance +10 Hardness
    7-8 Unicorn’s Blood Any evil creature wounded by the weapon must make a DC 17 Fortitude save or suffer the weakening effects of unicorn blood.
    9 Impervious The Ancestral Weapon gains +50 hp
    10+ Sentience The Ancestral Weapon Becomes Intelligent

Note: I suggest Sunder Resistance and Impervious, however Sentience is very useful

Spoiler: Intelligent Items
    Show

2 at 12, 1 at 10: Empathy, one lesser, 30 ft vision/hearing
    2 at 13, 1 at 10: Empathy, two lesser, 60 ft vision/hearing
    2 at 14, 1 at 10: Speech, 2 lesser, 120 ft vision/hearing
    2 at 15, 1 at 10: Speech, 3 lesser, 60 ft darkvision/hearing
    2 at 16, 1 at 10, Speech/read, 3 lesser, 60 ft darkvision/hearing
    2 at 17, 1 at 10, Speech/telepathy, 3 lesser, 1 greater, 120 ft darkvision/hearing
    2 at 18, 1 at 10: Speech/telepathy, 3 lesser, 2 greater, 120 ft darkvision/blindsense/hearing
    2 at 19, 1 at 10: Speech/telepathy, 4 lesser, 3 greater, 120 ft darkvision/blindsense/hearing
    Lesser Powers:
    1000 GPBless 3/day Decent, you can do better
    1100 GPFaerie Fire 3/day Doesn’t scream awesome to me
    2200 GPMinor Image 1/day ehh?
    2700 GPDeathwatch Better
    3600 GPDetect Magic Phenomenal
    5000 GP10 intim *
    5000 GP10 decipher script *
    5000 GP10 knowledge (choose one) *
    5000 GP10 search *
    5000 GP10 spot *
    5000 GP10 listen *
    5000 GP10 spellcraft 10+ranks invested+Intelligence; Yes please
    5000 GP10 sense motive *
    5000 GP10 bluff *
    5000 GP10 diplomacy *
    5400 GPmajor image 1/day Useful
    6500 GPdarkness 3/day
    6500 GPhold person 3/day
    6500 GPdaze monster 3/day
    6500 GPlocate object 3/day
    6500 GPCure Moderate Wounds 3/day Nice, it can heal itself.
    *All useful to augment your own skills

Greater Powers: detect opposing alignment
    7200 GPdetect undead
    7200 GPcause fear
    7200 GPdimensional anchor 1/day
    10000 GPdismissal 1/day
    10000 GPlesser globe of invulnerability 1/day
    10000 GParcane eye 1/day
    10000 GPdetect scrying
    10000 GPwall of fire as a ring 1/day
    10000 GPquench 3/day
    16000 GPstatus
    11000 GPgust of wind 3/day
    16000 GPclairvoyance 3/day
    16000 GPMagic Circle vs opposite alignment Yes, take it
    16000 GPhaste 3/day Great, unless your DM lets you create custom items, in which case you have permanent haste already
    16000 GPdaylight 3/day
    16000 GPdeeper darkness 3/day
    16000 GPinvisibility purge 3/day
    16000 GPslow 3/day
    30000 GPlocate creature 3/day
    30000 GPfear 3/day
    44000 GPdetect thoughts definitely a good power

Dedicated Powers:
    50000 GPIce Storm
    50000 GPConfusion
    50000 GPPhantasmal Killer
    50000 GPCrushing Despair
    50000 GPDimension Door Very potent
    56000 GPContagion
    56000 GPPoison
    56000 GPRusting Grasp
    60000 GPLightning Bolt
    60000 GPFireball
    80000 GP+2 luck bonus to d20 rolls Great choice
    81000 GPMass inflict Light Wounds
    81000 GPSong of Discord
    81000 GPPrying Eyes
    130000 GPGreater Shout
    164000 GPWaves of Exhaustion
    200000 GPTrue Resurrection 1/month Take this if your DM lets you. You will always be holding your item and now it can raise you if you fall

That was a lot of spoiler, finally: What to make your Ancestral Relic, Item Familiar, Weapon Familiar, Signature Weapon into?

I suggest: Masterwork Livewood Quarterstaff with 2 wand chambers. Cost: 800 gold and 1.5 copper.
    Reasons: As a Quarterstaff it can be enchanted as a staff, a weapon, a wondrous item, and a double weapon; It is both a 2 handed weapon and a 1 handed weapon
    Spoiler: Quarterstaff
    Show
    The quarterstaff is the favorite weapon of many characters, from travelers, peasants, and merchants to monks, rangers, and wizards. A quarterstaff is a double weapon. You can fight with it as if fighting with two weapons, but if you do, you incur all the normal attack penalties associated with fighting with two weapons, just as if you were using a one-handed weapon and a light weapon (see Two-Weapon Fighting, page 160). You can also strike with either end singly, a fact that allows you to take full advantage of openings in your opponent’s defenses. A creature wielding a quarterstaff in one hand can’t use it as a double weapon—only one end of the weapon can be used in any given round.
    Spoiler: Quarterstaff
    Show

The quarterstaff is a special monk weapon. This designation gives a monk (see Chapter 3: Classes) wielding a quarterstaff special options.
    This means that while you can enchant each end separately you only have to wield it in one hand (which is important for something else)
    Spoiler: Wand Chamber
    Show
    A wand chamber is a thin, cylindrical slot on the handle of a weapon or the edge of a shield that can hold a single wand. When a wand is loaded in the chamber, it is considered ready and can be activated without having to drop the weapon or shield. Changing the wand in the chamber is a full-round action.
    Artificers use wands. Simple enough.

Last edited by Falontani; 2018-06-25 at 10:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Livewood
    Show
    Another of the unusual woods of Aerenal, livewood is a green-colored hardwood with a highly magical nature. When livewood trees are felled, they do not die, though they stop all growth. Livewood can be worked like normal hardwood, while it remains completely alive. In most respects, livewood is just like normal wood.
    Spoiler: Livewood
    Show

A few spells affect livewood in different ways from normal wood, however. Plant growth causes worked livewood to sprout small branches and leaves, though diminish plants has no effect. Speak with plants allows a character to communicate with a livewood object, though such an object has no more awareness of its surroundings than most normal plants. Blight deals damage to a livewood object as if the object were a plant creature (1d6 points of damage per level; the wood's hardness does not apply). A character can use tree stride to move from one livewood object to another, or from a livewood tree to a livewood object (and vice versa), as long as the livewood object is large enough. Animate plants can animate a livewood object.
    Dryads occasionally make their homes in livewood trees instead of oak trees. Such a dryad looks no more kindly upon the felling of her tree than other dryads do, but the felling of her livewood tree does not kill her—nor does it end her dependence on the tree. As a result, dryads can be found within livewood objects, including buildings, furniture, and ships.
    Livewood has hardness 6 and 10 hit points per inch of thickness. The cost of a livewood item is half again as much (+50%) as a normal wooden item. Items without wooden parts, including armor and bladed weapons, cannot be made from livewood.
    Well now this is interesting, a wooden weapon that is still alive. You can heal it with cure spells, or repair it as it is an object that is alive.
    Spoiler: Regenerate
    Show
    Regenerate
    Conjuration (Healing)

Level:
    Clr 7, Drd 9, Healing 7
    Components:
    V, S, DF
    Casting Time:
    3 full rounds
    Range:
    Touch
    Target:
    Living creature touched
    Duration:
    Instantaneous
    Saving Throw:
    Fortitude negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance:
    Yes (harmless)

The subject’s severed body members (fingers, toes, hands, feet, arms, legs, tails, or even heads of multiheaded creatures), broken bones, and ruined organs grow back. After the spell is cast, the physical regeneration is complete in 1 round if the severed members are present and touching the creature. It takes 2d10 rounds otherwise.
    Regenerate also cures 4d8 points of damage +1 point per caster level (maximum +35), rids the subject of exhaustion and/or fatigue, and eliminates all nonlethal damage the subject has taken. It has no effect on nonliving creatures (including undead).
    So now as long as they did not magically kill your weapon (although if they did its still a weapon) and did not actually drop it to 0 HP (won’t be easy) You can cast regenerate on your weapon to reform it. (yes this does make it into a tree which you would then need to carve into a staff).

Finally:
    Spoiler: Warforged Components
    Show
    Any character capable of creating a magic item can make the same magic item as a warforged component, and any warforged character capable of using a magic item can use the same item as a warforged component. Warforged components use the special rules given below, and otherwise conform to the normal rules for creating and using magic items. Warforged component usually occupies the same space on the body that a magic item of the same kind normally would. Components that do not occupy any space on the body cost twice what they would cost as ordinary magic items. These components only work when bonded to the body of a warforged; they are not usable by members of any other race.
    Spoiler: Warforged Components
    Show

There is no chance of damaging an embedded warforged component when the warforged rolls a 1 on a saving throw, and an embedded component cannot be targeted by an attack independently of the warforged who bears it. Attached components, however, can be damaged and targeted.
    If a warforged component requires activation, the character with the component can activate it with a thought. Doing this requires the same kind of action as for an ordinary magic item (usually a standard action), but the warforged can do it silently and without moving, and never provokes an attack of opportunity to activate a component.
    Attaching or detaching a warforged component is a standard action that never provokes an attack of opportunity.
    If a warforged character has at least 1 hit point, embedded or attached components cannot be removed unless the warforged wants them to be. A disabled warforged (-1 to -9 hp) has no choice in the matter; embedded or attached components can be removed from a disabled warforged. If a warforged is destroyed (-10 hit points), each component gets an appropriate saving throw to remain intact; intact components can be salvaged.

Your item can not be removed from you without your permission.
    [/spoiler]

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLettuce View Post
    Hey there Falontani! I have a very specific build in mind that I need help with. Its definitely in mind though, certainly not anywhere else, as I haven't the expertise to put it together. I have failed utterly, and now seek your wisdom in this great time of need. As far as specificity, that I have. In abundance. I ended up posting a thread of my own minutes before I saw yours, lets see if I can redeem myself with spoiler tags!
    Race of choice: Dvati!!
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Combat Wizard +0 +0 +0 +2 Improved Initiative(B)
    2 Monk +0 +2 +2 +4 Stunning Fist Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike, Unarmored AC
    3 Monk +1 +3 +3 +5 Practiced Spellcaster: Wizard, *
    4 Swordsage +1 +3 +5 +7 Quick to Act, Discipline Focus (Shadow Hand)
    5 Swordsage +2 +3 +6 +8 Combat Casting Unarmored AC
    6 Enlightened Fist +2 +3 +8 +10 Ki Strike (Magic), Monk Abilities
    7 Enlightened Fist +3 +3 +9 +11 Dodge Fist of Energy
    8 Enlightened Fist +4 +4 +9 +11 Arcane Fist
    9 Enlightened Fist +5 +4 +10 +12 Mobility
    10 Enlightened Fist +5 +4 +10 +12 Arcane Rejuvenation
    11 Swiftblade +6 +4 +12 +14 Shadow Blade, Spring Attack(B) Swift Surge +1/+0
    12 Swiftblade +7 +4 +13 +15 Blurred Alacrity
    13 Swiftblade +8 +5 +13 +15 Snake Style Sudden Casting
    14 Swiftblade +9 +5 +14 +16 Arcane Reflexes, +1/+10 ft
    15 Swiftblade +10 +5 +14 +16 Snake Sidewind Evasive Celerity
    16 Swiftblade +11 +6 +15 +17 Fortified Hustle
    17 Swiftblade +12 +6 +15 +17 Snake Fang Bounding Assault, Swift Surge +2/+10 ft
    18 Swiftblade +13 +6 +16 +18 Diligent Rapidity
    19 Swiftblade +14 +7 +16 +18 Elusive Target Perpetual Options
    20 Swiftblade +15 +7 +17 +19 Innervated Speed, Swift Surge +2/+20 ft

Yea, this is garbage. BAB 15, 6th level spellcasting. Redeeming qualities? Yes, what you want? No. Doesn’t even contain all the cool stuff!

Spoiler: Stub 2
    Show
    D’vati
    Spoiler: Stub 2
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Whirling Frenzy City Brawler Lion Totem Barbarian +1 +2 +0 +0 Improved Unarmed Strike(B), Multiweapon Fighting(B), Dodge, Weapon Focus: (deities weapon), Combat Casting, 2 flaws Whirling Frenzy, Pounce, Illiteracy
    2 Barbarian +2 +3 +0 +0 Uncanny Dodge
    3 Barbarian +3 +3 +1 +1 Superior Unarmed Strike Trap Sense +1
    4 Barbarian +4 +4 +1 +1 Whirling Frenzy 2/day
    5 Barbarian +5 +4 +1 +1 Improved Natural Attack: Unarmed Strike Improved Uncanny Dodge
    6 Barbarian +6 +5 +2 +2 Improved Multiweapon Fighting(B) Trap Sense +2
    7 Hit and Run Fighter +7 +7 +2 +2 Snap Kick, Snake Style(B)
    8 Divine Crusader +7 +9 +2 +4 Aura, Time Domain
    9 Divine Crusader +8 +10 +2 +5 Southern Magician
    10 Rage Mage +8 +12 +2 +5 Spell Rage
    11 Rage Mage +9 +13 +2 +5 Mobility Overcome Spell Failure
    12 Swiftblade +10 +13 +4 +7 Spring Attack(B) Swift Surge +1/+0
    13 Swiftblade +11 +13 +5 +8 Snake Sidewind Blurred Alacrity
    14 Swiftblade +12 +14 +5 +8 Sudden Casting
    15 Swiftblade +13 +14 +6 +9 Snake Fang Arcane Reflexes, Swift Surge +1/+10 ft
    16 Swiftblade +14 +14 +6 +9 Evasive Celerity
    17 Swiftblade +15 +15 +7 +10 Combat Reflexes Fortified Hustle
    18 Swiftblade +16 +15 +7 +10 Bounding Assault, Swift Surge +2/+10 ft
    19 Swiftblade +17 +15 +8 +11 Power Attack Diligent Rapidity
    20 Swiftblade +18 +16 +8 +11 Perpetual Options

Well still not perfect. This build is really needing feats more than anything. Feats that you need for the build: Snake Style, Snake Sidewind, Snake Fang, Dodge, Mobility. Feats you want: Arcane Strike, Power Attack, Snap Kick, Gloom Razor, Shadow Blade, Elusive Target. That is 11 feats. A normal character gets: 10 feats. Issues with this: Shadow Blade requires you to have a shadow hand maneuver, meaning at least 1 level of swordsage, or a feat investment. Snap Kick requires you to be able to unarmed strike, meaning you need either 1 level of monk, or Improved Unarmed Strike (and Superior Unarmed Strike if you dont want it to be worthless). So now we’re up to 11-14 feats with 0-2 class levels taken. You need haste and do not want the early entry, so we need at least 5 levels of a normal spellcasting class or 3 levels of divine crusader, divine crusader means we take 2 more feats (weapon focus prerequisite, and Southern Magician to count it as arcane for advancement). Congrats now we’re up to 11-16 feats and 3-7 levels taken. Lets add in Swiftblade levels. 12-16 levels are taken.

In short. I can’t make it fit. If we divorce from unarmed combat then the build is simple. D’vati Duskblade 4, Hit and Run Fighter 1, Swordsage 2, Abjurant Champion 5, Swiftblade 8 with the feats: Power Attack, Dodge, Combat Casting, Exotic Weapon Proficiency Spiked Chain(B), Shadow Blade, Arcane Disciple, Mobility, Arcane Strike, Gloom Razor, *, Rapid Blitz.
    *With 2 flaws you grab Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, and Knockdown.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

For those debating on wherever or not to request, wanted to let you know I'm almost down to the bottom of the list of requests.