New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I am bored and like building characters 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Falontani View Post
    Thurbane, I give up. My idea was to use a combination of landforged walker, a non druid base, and Verdant Lord. I wanted to get you the plant type, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't get you the plant type without messing everything else' appearance up. I've tried ~20 builds. My wife got tired of me trying and told me to just give it a break. That's why it has been a while since I've posted. I love the challenge, but in this one I have lost the idea.
    No worries, thanks for trying.

It's cheesy, but the only way I could think of was Greater Humanoid Essence + Greenbound.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    Did you account for the fact that verdant lord is 3.0, and thus the control plants spell that it lists as a prereq is not the level 8 spell of 3.5 edition.

3.0s control plants became 3.5s command plants and vice versa.
    No I did not, I tried getting the 8th level spell early, which obviously didn't work. (Cmon Divine Crusader, let me cheese you for more!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eversilentone View Post
    This thread is amazing, thank you Falontani for all your work! A humble request if you're genuinely bored:

A Swift Hunter boomerang build but not using Incarnum or Psionics and no/minimal Dragon Magazine. Playable from level 1 with no required magic items (feel free to Vow of Poverty if that's remotely useful!).

As an aside, I've been wracking my brain to come up with a way of Fighter 10/UA Rogue 10 - it nets you a bunch of skill points and an extra Fighter feat over just going to Figther 20, and all it costs you is +3 BAB and some HP... I really like this thread, I love making characters and trying to problem solve and I've nowhere near the experience or knowledge you have, so I'm learning a lot from your work!
    Spoiler: Stub
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Scout +0 +0 +2 +0 Wild Cohort, Mounted Combat Skirmish, Trapfinding
    2 Ranger +1 +2 +4 +0 Track, Wild Empathy, Favored Enemy
    3 Ranger +2 +3 +7 +0 Two Weapon Fighting(B), Mounted Archery
    4 Scout +3 +3 +8 +0 Battle Fortitude +1, Uncanny Dodge
    5 Scout +4 +4 +8 +1 Fast Movement +10 ft, Skirmish +1d6/+1 AC, Trackless Step
    6 Barbarian +5 +4 +10 +1 Swift Hunter Whirling Frenzy, Fast Movement, Skirmish +2d6/+1 AC, Favored Enemy
    7 Windrider +6 +6 +10 +3 Appraise Mount, Chosen Mount, Empathic Link
    8 Windrider +7 +7 +10 +4 Mount Assistance, Mount Bonus Feat
    9 Windrider +8 +7 +11 +4 Point Blank Shot(B), Boomerang Daze Mount Healing
    10 Halfling Outrider +9 +7 +13 +4 Mount, Alertness, Ride Bonus
    11 Halfling Outrider +10 +7 +14 +4 Defensive Riding
    12 Halfling Outrider +11 +8 +14 +5 Boomerang Ricochet Unbroken Charge
    13 Halfling Outrider +12 +8 +15 +5 Stand on the Mount
    14 Halfling Outrider +13 +8 +15 +5 Leap from the Saddle
    15 Halfling Outrider +14 +9 +16 +6 Improved Skirmish
    16 Halfling Outrider +15 +9 +16 +6 Evasion
    17 Halfling Outrider +16 +9 +17 +6 Full Mounted Attack
    18 Fighter +17 +11 +17 +6 Power Attack(B), Brutal Throw
    19 Fighter +18 +12 +17 +6 Power Throw(B)
    20 Windrider +19 +13 +17 +7

Alrighty right off the bat lets get this out of the way, I wish you had more feats. Mounted TWF thrown weapon builds are always feat heavy. You could use ITWF, GTWF, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, and so many more feats. But I think we got the necessities. With TWF, Rapid Shot, and Whirling Frenzy you can take -6 to hit on all attacks for the round to gain another 3 throws. IF you can not get an item like pathfinder’s blinkback belt, or a way to get more boomerangs in your hand then swap ranger’s TWF style for archery style, take advantage of rapid shot and use the gained feat to grab quick draw. You’ll end up with 1 fewer throw per round, but could then equip a shield, I guess. Your Wild Cohort progression looks like this:
    Level 1 cohort: Fastieth
    Level 4 cohort: Fastieth +1 HD
    Level 7 cohort: Clawfoot +2 HD
    Level 10 cohort: Carver +2 HD
    Level 13 cohort: Great Carver +2 HD
    Level 16 cohort: Great Carver +3 HD
    Level 19 cohort: Swordtooth Titan +2 HD (optional, not optimal) or Great Carver +5 HD
    Level 20 cohort: Swordtooth Titan +4 HD (optional, not optimal) or Great Carver +7 HD

Starting at level 17 when your mount (the Great Carver) takes only a single move action (or a charge action) you can make a full attack. So when your cohort (the Great Carver) charges into melee (Great Carver just pounced) you get a full attack of: +10/+10/+10/+10/+5/+0/-5 before adding your dex modifier or weapon enchantments. Each successful hit you do can target an adjacent target, and all of them deals boomerang damage +str +4d6 damage (if susceptible to precision damage) and you force a fort save DC 10+damage dealt (this includes your skirmish damage) or they are dazed (which means they take no action)

I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Scout +0 +0 +2 +0 Wild Cohort, Mounted Combat Skirmish, Trapfinding
    2 Ranger +1 +2 +4 +0 Track, Wild Empathy, Favored Enemy
    3 Ranger +2 +3 +7 +0 Two Weapon Fighting(B), Mounted Archery
    4 Scout +3 +3 +8 +0 Battle Fortitude +1, Uncanny Dodge
    5 Scout +4 +4 +8 +1 Fast Movement +10 ft, Skirmish +1d6/+1 AC, Trackless Step
    6 Barbarian +5 +4 +10 +1 Swift Hunter Whirling Frenzy, Fast Movement, Skirmish +2d6/+1 AC, Favored Enemy
    7 Windrider +6 +6 +10 +3 Appraise Mount, Chosen Mount, Empathic Link
    8 Windrider +7 +7 +10 +4 Mount Assistance, Mount Bonus Feat
    9 Windrider +8 +7 +11 +4 Point Blank Shot(B), Boomerang Daze Mount Healing
    10 Halfling Outrider +9 +7 +13 +4 Mount, Alertness, Ride Bonus
    11 Halfling Outrider +10 +7 +14 +4 Defensive Riding
    12 Halfling Outrider +11 +8 +14 +5 Boomerang Ricochet Unbroken Charge
    13 Halfling Outrider +12 +8 +15 +5 Stand on the Mount
    14 Halfling Outrider +13 +8 +15 +5 Leap from the Saddle
    15 Halfling Outrider +14 +9 +16 +6 Improved Skirmish
    16 Halfling Outrider +15 +9 +16 +6 Evasion
    17 Halfling Outrider +16 +9 +17 +6 Full Mounted Attack
    18 Fighter +17 +11 +17 +6 Power Attack(B), Brutal Throw
    19 Fighter +18 +12 +17 +6 Power Throw(B)
    20 Windrider +19 +13 +17 +7

Alrighty right off the bat lets get this out of the way, I wish you had more feats. Mounted TWF thrown weapon builds are always feat heavy. You could use ITWF, GTWF, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, and so many more feats. But I think we got the necessities. With TWF, Rapid Shot, and Whirling Frenzy you can take -6 to hit on all attacks for the round to gain another 3 throws. IF you can not get an item like pathfinder’s blinkback belt, or a way to get more boomerangs in your hand then swap ranger’s TWF style for archery style, take advantage of rapid shot and use the gained feat to grab quick draw. You’ll end up with 1 fewer throw per round, but could then equip a shield, I guess. Your Wild Cohort progression looks like this:
    Level 1 cohort: Fastieth
    Level 4 cohort: Fastieth +1 HD
    Level 7 cohort: Clawfoot +2 HD
    Level 10 cohort: Carver +2 HD
    Level 13 cohort: Great Carver +2 HD
    Level 16 cohort: Great Carver +3 HD
    Level 19 cohort: Swordtooth Titan +2 HD (optional, not optimal) or Great Carver +5 HD
    Level 20 cohort: Swordtooth Titan +4 HD (optional, not optimal) or Great Carver +7 HD

Starting at level 17 when your mount (the Great Carver) takes only a single move action (or a charge action) you can make a full attack. So when your cohort (the Great Carver) charges into melee (Great Carver just pounced) you get a full attack of: +10/+10/+10/+10/+5/+0/-5 before adding your dex modifier or weapon enchantments. Each successful hit you do can target an adjacent target, and all of them deals boomerang damage +str +4d6 damage (if susceptible to precision damage) and you force a fort save DC 10+damage dealt (this includes your skirmish damage) or they are dazed (which means they take no action)

Oooh! Thank you so much! I'd not even thought about going into mounted combat! Also never really had a wild cohort, so a lot of reading up to do. Thank you again, it's much appreciated!

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eversilentone View Post
    Oooh! Thank you so much! I'd not even thought about going into mounted combat! Also never really had a wild cohort, so a lot of reading up to do. Thank you again, it's much appreciated!
    no problem, if you, or anyone else has questions please let me know.

I went mounted because halflings are mounted warriors naturally. Talenta halflings (the boomerang ones) ride dinosaurs. And mounted combat is perfect for skirmish damage

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mildly Inept View Post
    If you're still taking requests, I'd like a dirty cleric. Human, Sacred outlaw feat, Cleric/Rogue multiclass, convinces people he's a humble and pious cleric and scams them. Wealth and Trickery domain. PrCs that fit the theme are acceptable.
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Rogue +0 +0 +2 +0 Able Learner, Persuasive Antiquarian, Sneak Attack +1d6
    2 Cloistered Cleric +0 +2 +2 +2 Trickery Devotion(B), Trickery Devotion(B) Knowledge Domain, Trickery Domain (no domain power), Wealth Domain (no domain power), Turn or Rebuke Undead (Your choice!), Lore
    3 Cloistered Cleric +1 +3 +2 +3 Commanding
    4 Cloistered Cleric +1 +3 +3 +3
    5 Cloistered Cleric +2 +4 +3 +4
    6 Rogue +3 +4 +4 +4 Southern Magician Evasion
    7 Prestigious Bard +3 +4 +6 +6 Bardic Music, Inspire Courage +1, Fascinate, Bardic Knowledge
    8 Prestigious Bard +4 +4 +7 +7
    9 Swordsage +4 +4 +9 +9 Sacred Outlaw Quick to Act +1, Weapon Focus: Kukri, Sneak Attack +5d6
    10 Cloistered Cleric +4 +4 +9 +9 Sneak Attack +6d6
    11 Cloistered Cleric +5 +5 +10 +10
    12 Cloistered Cleric +5 +5 +10 +10 Skill Focus: Knowledge Religion Sneak Attack +7d6
    13 Contemplative +5 +5 +10 +12 Tyrant Domain, Divine Health
    14 Contemplative +6 +5 +10 +13 Slippery Mind
    15 Divine Oracle +6 +5 +10 +15 Trickery Devotion(B), Heighten Spell Oracle Domain(no Domain Power), Scry Bonus +1
    16 Cloistered Cleric +7 +6 +10 +16
    17 Cloistered Cleric +7 +6 +11 +16 Sneak Attack +8d6
    18 Cloistered Cleric +8 +7 +11 +17 Whatever you want, I suggest Extra Turning or Divine Metamagic
    19 Cloistered Cleric +8 +7 +11 +17 Sneak Attack +9d6
    20 Cloistered Cleric +9 +8 +12 +18

With 9d6 sneak attack, evasion, and 8th level spells I say we did good! Now what did we actually get? Well let’s see. Easily a lot of skill points thanks to cloistered cleric being 4+int mod, and having nearly every skill as a class skill. We got 3+ (turn attempts/3) uses of Trickery Devotion, which is entirely fantastic with the rogue theme. You can be two places at once! Or 6 places if you so choose. However that is concentrating on a lot of different things. We got 8th level spells with 5 domains, even if you go spontaneous cleric (from unearthed arcana). We got +3 DC on all compulsion spells, and access to every BARD only spell in the game. That does include Glibness. I really wanted to find a way to get access to charm person without a beguiler dip, and I’d also like to drop a cleric level in favor of a second swordsage level, to gain access to more goodies there and wisdom to AC would be nice. There were just so many ways to go with this kind of character as usually is the case. I would say that this one lands safely in the Face category while still taking a heavy dose of caster supremacy. There was clearly a split back there that you could divert your course. If you decide you would rather step towards the darkside and gishiness you could drop prestigious bard, throw the swordsage level a bit earlier, and start taking lovely lovely Black Flame Zealot levels. Its a cleric gish with a kukri and sneak attack. Too bad it’s only half caster. Obviously we can go more fully cleric and hit 9ths by dropping prestigious bard altogether. Honestly the more I look at this build the more different paths I see, but the way I saw this character envisioned in my head is the happy go lucky rogue with gold on the mind and a lie on the tongue. When stuff gets real you throw down a command or greater command and tell everyone what’s what. And if push turns to shove, throw down a Symbol of Insanity and watch as everyone goes insane. Have fun with Geas/Quest being your bread and butter!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenWarCorgi View Post
    Dunno if youre still taking requests, certainly no rush, have an inkling to play an earth genasi lesser planetouched duergar fighter/cleric/battlesmith/divine agent/elemental warrior. Or something along these lines, greathammer/throwing hammers, medium armor was basics of what im thinking. Going for a thematic build personally, but would like to see what someone with better optimization and greater knowledge than i would do. Again, no rush, thanks in advance if you get to it.

Edit: cleric of grumbar, domains of earth and metal, then pick up time domain as divine agent was what I was thinking.
    Spoiler: stub
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    5 Druid +0 +2 +0 +2 Power Attack(B), Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Goliath Greathammer(B), Weapon Focus: Goliath Greathammer(B), Greensinger Initiate Elemental Companion, Nature Sense, Earth Domain (Racial), Metal Domain (Racial)
    6 Druid +1 +3 +0 +3 Woodland Stride
    7 Druid +2 +3 +1 +3 Augment Elemental Trackless Step
    8 Druid +3 +4 +1 +4 Iron Constitution
    9 Druid +3 +4 +1 +4 Wild Shape 1/day
    10 Druid +4 +5 +2 +5 Natural Spell Wild Shape 2/day
    11 Fighter +5 +7 +2 +5 Dwarven Armor Proficiency(B)
    12 Planar Shepherd +5 +9 +2 +7 Elemental Plane of Earth Planar Attunement, Elemental Compaion, Wild Shape 3/day
    12 Planar Shepherd +6 +10 +2 +8 Great and Small Detect Manifest Zone, Wild Shape (Large)
    13 Planar Shepherd +7 +10 +3 +8 Wild Shape Magical Beast
    14 Planar Shepherd +8 +11 +3 +9 Plane Shift 1/day, Wild Shape 4/day
    15 Planar Shepherd +8 +11 +3 +9 Power Attack Planar Bubble 1/day, Wild Shape Tiny
    16 Planar Shepherd +9 +12 +4 +10
    17 Planar Shepherd +10 +12 +4 +10 Intensify Manifest Zone
    18 Planar Shepherd +11 +13 +4 +11 Improved Bullrush Plane Shift 2/day, Wild Shape 5/day
    18 Planar Shepherd +11 +13 +4 +11 Wild Shape Elemental, Wild Shape Outsider, Wild Shape Huge
    19 Planar Shepherd +12 +14 +5 +12 Shock Trooper Planar Bubble 3/day, Planar Self
    20 Druid +13 +14 +5 +12

Spoiler: Half Earth Elemental
    Show

Source: Bastards and Bloodlines
    "Half-elemental (earth)" is a template that can be added to any corporeal creature that doesn't have a natural fly speed as a result of wings (hereafter referred to as the "base creature"). It uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted here.
    AC: Natural Armor improves by +4.
    Speed: The creature gains a natural burrow speed of 30 ft. If the creature had a natural fly or swim speed greater than 30 ft., increase the burrow speed to match. Lose any natural fly or swim speed.
    Special Attacks: A half-elemental (earth) retains all the special attacks of the base creature and gains those listed below.
    Spell-Like Abilities: Half-Elementals (earth) gain spell-like abilities based on their Hit Dice, as noted below. These abilities are usuable once per day. they are as the spells cast by a sorcerer of the same level as the half-elemental's Hit Dice.
    1-3: Magic Stone
    4-5: Soften Earth and Stone
    6-8: Stone Shape
    9-10: Spike Stones
    11-13: Wall of Stone
    14-15: Stoneskin
    16-18: Earthquake
    19+: Iron Body
    Spells: Half-Elementals (earth) with a wisdom score of at least 12 can cast spells as either a druid or cleric (but not both) of a level equal to one-half their HD. A half-elemental may not cast any spell with the air descriptor.
    Special Qualities: A half-elemental (earth) retains all the special qualities of the base creature, and gains the special qualities listed below.
    Earth Mastery (Ex): A half-elemental (earth) gains a +1 attack and damage bonus if both it and it's foe touch the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the half-elemental suffers a -4 penalty to attack and damage. (These modifies are not included in the stat block.)
    Push (Ex): A half-elemental (earth) can start a bull rush maneuver without provoking an attack of opportunity. The combat modifiers in Earth Master, above, also apply to the half-elemental's opposed strength checks.
    Resilience (Ex): half-elemental (earth) gain a +4 racial bonus to poison, sleep, paralysis, and stunning saving throws. half-elemental (earth) have a 25% chance of ignoring the result of any critical hit or sneak attack, instead taking normal damage from such attacks.
    Abilities: Change from the base creature as follows: Str +4, Con +2
    Feats: half-elemental (earth) gain Power Attack as a bonus feat.
    Level Adjustment: +4.

Alright, so we have 18 levels, that isn’t quite a normal build here. But hey when your rocking an LA +4 that’s what happens! Lesser Duergar Haf Earth Elemental. You gain casting as a 9th level cleric and a 17th level druid. You have goliath greathammer proficiency and all armor proficiencies. See if your DM will allow it as me and my groups usually allow it, but full stone armor should be a thing when you combine magic and dwarves. We house rule it to be 1.5x as heavy, and obviously it has the hardness of stone rather than metal. Anyways you have 9th level spellcasting, a cool set of spell like abilities, and potency as a martial. Are you going to be as powerful as a fighter in melee? Nope, but will they be able to turn into a huge elemental? Probably not. In normal form throw up a SLA Enlarge Person, then use wild shape uses to increase your size further, otherwise enchant your hammer with sizing, use a free action to drop your goliath warhammer, turn into an outsider or a huge elemental, next round pick your hammer back up and you have an enchanted hammer that you can use with the strength score that you’ll be enjoying. Also love shock trooper! A form to note:
    Earth Weird! Elemental Command lets you take control of anything with the earth subtype if they fail a will save that seems to be either wis or cha based, gain sorcerer casting as an 18th level sorcerer with access to the destruction and earth domains, and gains a pretty epic Earth Pool.

This is for a cosmology that isn’t eberron, if you choose Eberron then you get to grab Lammania which opens up your options greatly to include Djinn/Efreet, all the elementals, and nearly any magical beast.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sleven View Post
    I've got one for you, with plenty of details:

Ninja Spy 4 (from OA p43). No more levels in this PrC, no less.

It must be a jumplomancer ninja who jumps instead of flying (perhaps using some kind of spider climb ability to stick to walls). Tumble will likely also be important to be able to jump+tumble through occupied enemy spaces without provoking. Tiger Claw and Shadow Hand maneuvers might be in order based on these requirements, but that's up to you.

If you're looking for a theme: brutal, Ninja Assassin (the movie) style.

No real optimization limitations, just don't make a character that's not within theme. Dark Chaos feat shuffle the exotic weapon proficiency feats if you want or make a pact insidious with the devil. The world is yours.

The challenge? Try to stuff in as many "ninja" themed skills and abilities (for intelligence, espionage, etc.) as you can while remaining optimized for combat. I'm thinking Hide and Move Silently at a bare minimum (just because of how powerful the Rules Compendium made it), but I don't really care where you go from there. You don't even have to make sneak attack the primary source of damage (it could be a spiked chain tripper if you want).

I'm partial to psionics and martial initiators for something like this, but you don't have to do either of them. Give it your own flavor if you want or think of something better.

Some ideas:
    - Control Light power to make sure there is always some kind of shadow to use Hide in Plain Sight with.
    - Maybe a "shadow buddy" that can help flank.
    - If you go the sneak attack route, have a way to get around immunities.
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Swordsage +0 +0 +2 +2 Point Blank Shot Quick to Act +1, Weapon Focus: Dagger
    2 Hit and Run Fighter +1 +2 +2 +2 Precise Shot(B) Dex to damage vs flat footed
    3 Fighter +2 +3 +2 +2 Combat Expertise, Rapid Shot
    4 Ranger +3 +5 +4 +2 Favored Enemy, Track, Wild Empathy
    5 Ranger +4 +6 +5 +2 Two Weapon Fighting(B)
    6 Cavestalker +5 +8 +7 +2 Desert Wind Dodge Advanced Spelunker
    7 Master Thrower +6 +8 +9 +2 Quick Draw Palm Throw
    8 Master Thrower +7 +8 +10 +2 Evasion
    9 Ninja Spy +7 +10 +12 +4 Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Shuriken(B), Darkstalker Poison Use, Ki breath
    10 Ninja Spy +8 +11 +13 +5 Slow Fall 20 ft, Improved Evasion, Sneak Attack +1d6
    11 Cavestalker +9 +12 +14 +5 Underdark Affinity, Hide of Stone +1
    12 Cavestalker +10 +12 +14 +6 Improved Trip Lesser Cavesense
    13 Cavestalker +11 +13 +15 +6 Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Spiked Chain(B) Exotic Weapon Style
    14 Ninja Spy +12 +13 +15 +6 Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Kusari Gama(B) Leap of the Clouds, Acrobatics +10
    15 Ninja Spy +13 +14 +16 +7 Knockdown Slow Fall 30 ft, Hide in Plain Sight
    16 Swordsage +14 +14 +17 +8 AC Bonus
    17 Psychic Warrior +14 +16 +17 +8 Combat Reflexes(B)
    18 Psion +14 +16 +17 +10 Shadow Blade, Psicrystal Affinity(B)
    19 Swordsage +15 +17 +17 +10
    20 Swordsage +16 +17 +18 +11 Insightful Strikes

You have a lot of skills to mess around with here, and not much more that is actually required. Your fighting style consists of either ranged or melee, up to you. When you range you have 12 thrown shuriken attack in one full attack action each made at -4 to hit. Using your power points and some use magic device each one of these shuriken should have some sort of poison on them, and should probably be made of fire (no evidence, deals more damage, the eternal wand pays for itself). When you melee you have two spiked chains with the normal range of a spiked chain and you have yourself the usual tripping feats. You have some pretty awesome maneuvers capping out at 6th level maneuvers. When you melee with a shadow hand (or tiger claw) maneuver you get str to hit, str to dmg, dex to dmg, wis to dmg, and if they are flat footed take another dex to damage! If your dead set on swapping out using dark shuffle (I wouldn’t mind actually) swap kusari gama for an ambush feat, swap weapon focus dagger for weapon focus shuriken, and turn weapon focus shuriken into whatever you’d like (probably poison related), finally lesser drow have a large number of exotic weapon proficiencies you can swap out.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordBlade View Post
    If you're still taking requests, I'd like to ask for a couple of things actually.

Firstly, something that would be a good counter to a broken as hell Tome of Battle Warrior/Psionic/Doohikey that can use his Concentration for combat and basically smack stuff down without breaking a sweat. :p
    Show
    human
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Jester +0 +0 +2 +2 Persuasive, Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike Jester's Audacity +1, Jester's Performance, Fascinate, Inspiring Quip
    2 Jester +1 +0 +3 +3 Deflect Arrows(B)
    3 Jester +2 +1 +3 +3 Commanding Taunt
    4 Jester +3 +1 +4 +4
    5 Jester +3 +1 +4 +4 Snatch Arrows(B) Jester’s Audacity +2
    6 Jester +4 +2 +5 +5 Combat Expertise Calming Performance
    7 Battle Dancer +5 +2 +7 +5 AC Bonus, Unarmed Strike
    8 Binder +5 +4 +7 +7 Soul Binding 1 Vestige
    9 Binder +6 +5 +7 +8 Improved Disarm Pact Augmentation: +2 Initiative
    10 Thug Fighter +7 +7 +7 +8 Combat Reflexes
    11 Divine Crusader +7 +9 +7 +10 Aura, Tyrrany Domain
    12 Divine Crusader +8 +10 +7 +11 Grappling Block
    13 Mystic Theurge +8 +10 +7 +13
    14 Mystic Theurge +9 +10 +7 +14
    15 Mystic Theurge +9 +11 +8 +14 Spell Focus: Enchantment
    16 Mystic Theurge +10 +11 +8 +15
    17 Mystic Theurge +10 +11 +8 +15
    18 Mystic Theurge +11 +12 +9 +16 Greater Spell Focus: Enchantment
    19 Mystic Theurge +11 +12 +9 +16
    20 Mystic Theurge +12 +12 +9 +17

Let’s See here. Command as a Jester spell, as a Divine Crusader Spell, and as a ⅕ rounds spell means you’ll be casting command… a lot, and with a DC of 16+cha mod that isn’t bad. Use your words carefully and you can win many enemies with just this! Next up we have Greater Command at DC 20+cha mod, which is very practical when used on warriors with low will saves. Now we get to Taunt! As a standard action you begin the taunt and keep it up as a free action each round. You mess with their tactics if they fail a will save DC 18+cha mod, by forcing one melee of your choice to focus entirely on you, and they will keep attempting to reach you. When they finally reach you, you just take their weapon from them. When you know they are about to reach you cast True Strike, hold an action for it! But the reason for a Jester here, is that if your going to be facing a doom and gloom psionic gish you can’t take them seriously! If you settle to fight them fair you are going to lose! In this thread alone it is blatantly obvious that martials are much more powerful than they are often given credit, however that is because combat is all they are usually good at. So you turn a combat encounter into something that isn’t their specialty, just like you would with a mage. Mage’s are great until you rip their magic from them, martials are great until you rip their combat from them! Oh and if you want you can make this guy good aligned, throw in two flaws, and give them the Vow of Nonviolence. Because that’s what he is.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Here I was, thinking maybe you'd forgotten about me. Very interesting build, lots to think about, thanks.

Edit: am I missing where the casting as a 9th level cleric comes from?
    Last edited by DwarvenWarCorgi; 2018-08-03 at 01:04 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DwarvenWarCorgi View Post
    Here I was, thinking maybe you'd forgotten about me. Very interesting build, lots to think about, thanks.

Edit: am I missing where the casting as a 9th level cleric comes from?
    Racial, check the template

12. - Top - End - #162

DruidGuy

Racial, check the template
    Ok. And I thought the descriptions in RoS said that dwarves are proficient with the dwarven armors, so why the feat?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're still taking requests, I'd like to ask for a couple of things actually.

Also, some sort of non-Drow spider based character (likely a Druid I guess, though I miss the class kits from 2nd Ed). :p
    Something that's all about spider pet, spider spells (like making lots of them crawl all over the place, explode from people, etc).

My wife's horribly arachnophobic. And I'm an ass. :p
    Show

Level
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    5th Aranea +3 +3 +3 +3 Quickchange, Verminfriend Aranea Racial Traits
    6th Warlock +3 +3 +3 +5 Eldritch Blast +1d6
    7th Sorcerer +3 +3 +3 +7 Familiar
    7th Master of Flies +3 +3 +3 +9 Practiced Spellcaster: Warlock Summon Swarm, Eldritch Blast +3d6
    8th Master of Flies +4 +3 +3 +10 Swarm Shape 1/day
    9th Master of Flies +5 +4 +4 +10 Swarm Shape 2/day, Pied Piper
    9th Master of Flies +6 +4 +4 +11 Ability Focus: Poison Swarm Shape 3/day
    10th Master of Flies +6 +4 +4 +11 Swarm Shape: Plague, Insect Plague
    11th Master of Flies +7 +5 +5 +12 Swarm Shape 4/day
    12th Master of Flies +8 +5 +5 +12 Improved Natural Attack: Swarm Swarm Shape 5/day, Flyblown
    13th Master of Flies +9 +5 +5 +13 Swarm Shape: Doom, Creeping Doom
    14th Master of Flies +9 +6 +6 +13 Swarm Shape 6/day, Awaken Vermin
    15th Master of Flies +10 +6 +6 +14 Poison Spell Swarm Leap
    16th Eldritch Theurge +10 +6 +6 +16 DR 1/Cold Iron
    17th Eldritch Theurge +11 +6 +6 +17 Fiendish Resilience 1
    18th Eldritch Theurge +12 +7 +7 +17 Spiderfriend Magic Spellblast, Eldritch Blast +4d6
    19th Eldritch Theurge +13 +7 +7 +18 DR 2/Cold Iron
    20th Eldritch Theurge +13 +7 +7 +18 Eldritch Spellweave, Eldritch Blast +5d6

Soooo what can this do? It can use Eldritch Spear from 250 ft away and apply a web to the area that it hits. That’s fun. It has a nearly unlimited supply of spider swarms… okay when I said nearly unlimited I meant you spent an invocation on Summon Swarm so you have an unlimited number of swarms! Now you have Creeping Doom 10 times per day, which summons 5 swarms of centipedes (which you simply reflavor as more spiders). You have Insect Plague 10 times per day which summons 3 swarms of locust (which you simply reflavor as flying spiders). You have at will Summon Swarm which summons a single swarm of spiders that last for concentration +2 rounds (so you can have at most 3 of these out at once). That means that with some prep time you can have 83 swarms of spiders plus yourself! You yourself can teleport through the swarms at will, and you have casting as a ninth level sorcerer (which isn’t the best) but you have some fun things to combine it with! Spellblast and Spellweave are fun abilities to use, Awaken Vermin and Handle Animal (affecting vermin) means you’ll have several “companions” that are spiders. You deal a good amount of damage with your swarm attack since swarm damage is based off of Hit Dice. You can channel touch spells through your swarm attack meaning Hideous Blow doesn’t require a roll to hit. Add in Poison Spell to your Hideous Blow which allows you to turn self produced Aranea Venom into a component.

Long story short, lots of spiders, lots of webs, lots of poison.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Halfling in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Your level chart is off a bit. Starting at 5? And some levels are doubled?

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Your level chart is off a bit. Starting at 5? And some levels are doubled?
    3 Hd, 2 la. La buyoff at levels displayed

16. - Top - End - #166
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ooooh kay. Build I could never quite get to work was someone who could Awaken enemy minions mid combat.

Basically imagine if the Awaken line of spells (and Incarnate Construct too, cuz why not) could be used to make an anemy mook friendly and self aware right there during combat.

Closest I got was Arcane Archer or magic items that store spells like traps.

Any 3.x allowed including magazine content (several of the Awaken variants are 3.0 and Dragon content after all).
    No homebrew please.

3rd party isn't a dealbreaker just a can of worms best left avoided.

Additionally being able to Mineralize Warrior during combat would be amazing too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, getting past Golem magic immunity is a must. Somehow.
    Ethergaunt tech, or Gnome Artificer of Lantan tech could maybe do it.
    Pathfinder tech could definitely do it but this is. 3.x build.
    Last edited by unseenmage; 2018-08-04 at 04:37 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167

BlueKnightGuy

3 Hd, 2 la. La buyoff at levels displayed
    Oh, I see.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Soooo what can this do? It can use Eldritch Spear from 250 ft away and apply a web to the area that it hits. That’s fun. It has a nearly unlimited supply of spider swarms… okay when I said nearly unlimited I meant you spent an invocation on Summon Swarm so you have an unlimited number of swarms! Now you have Creeping Doom 10 times per day, which summons 5 swarms of centipedes (which you simply reflavor as more spiders). You have Insect Plague 10 times per day which summons 3 swarms of locust (which you simply reflavor as flying spiders). You have at will Summon Swarm which summons a single swarm of spiders that last for concentration +2 rounds (so you can have at most 3 of these out at once). That means that with some prep time you can have 83 swarms of spiders plus yourself! You yourself can teleport through the swarms at will, and you have casting as a ninth level sorcerer (which isn’t the best) but you have some fun things to combine it with! Spellblast and Spellweave are fun abilities to use, Awaken Vermin and Handle Animal (affecting vermin) means you’ll have several “companions” that are spiders. You deal a good amount of damage with your swarm attack since swarm damage is based off of Hit Dice. You can channel touch spells through your swarm attack meaning Hideous Blow doesn’t require a roll to hit. Add in Poison Spell to your Hideous Blow which allows you to turn self produced Aranea Venom into a component.
    I remember writing kind of the same build, but on levels 1-7 :
    - use Aranea monster class described in Savage Species
    - replace innate sorcerer spellcasting with innate warlock spellcasting

Main idea there was that a PC female drow cleric of Lolth died in The World's Largest Dungeon. The drow head suddenly found some kind of sentience again and spider legs, eat the reminder of the corpse, and went its way in the dungeon as a baby aranea... before being killed by PCs again.
    here is my Signature stuff

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Came across this in my Facebook feed today (Luiz Prado Arts), and was wondering if you could make a character out of it?

Looks to me like some sort of plant-race, with a character who is able to grow his own wooden weapons out of his body...

Spoiler
    Show
    Thurbane, I give up. My idea was to use a combination of landforged walker, a non druid base, and Verdant Lord. I wanted to get you the plant type, but I couldn't do it. I couldn't get you the plant type without messing everything else' appearance up. I've tried ~20 builds. My wife got tired of me trying and told me to just give it a break. That's why it has been a while since I've posted. I love the challenge, but in this one I have lost the idea.
    Hmm, making a wooden sword...

Soulknife 2 / Cleric 3 (travel, ___) / Landforged Walker 5 / Soulbow 10 -> low-ish power (level 4 spells at level 20) but might be fun, theme all your class-generated weapons as wood.

Incarnate 2 (law) / Cleric 3 (travel, law) / Landforged Walker 5 / Sapphire Hierarch 10 -> high-ish power (gets level 9 spells at ECL 20), you'll have to bind a soulmeld to get your sword but that's quite reasonable, it grows from your soul-energy so it's reasonable to make it some odd substance. Note that Law is required (as a domain and an alignment), and that the Incarnate Weapon for Law is a longsword, so that fits the picture too.

Cloistered Cleric is even better, especially if you take it at level 1, but either of these is doable with regular Cleric.

20. - Top - End - #170

When I first saw the request I was thinking the Woodling template and soulknife mixed with a little DM cooperation.....
    Currently Playing: NICELA LASERIE (Neutral Good) Female Gray Elf Fire Souled Half Nymph Elven Generalist Wizard 20 /// PF Bard 1 / Paladin of Freedom 2 /PF Bard +17

AND .......

FERGUS MADROAR (Chaotic Good) Male Dwarf Half Earth Elemental

Cloistered Cleric (Hanseath) 5 / Divine Oracle 6 / Contemplative 9 /// Paladin of Freedom 20

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by caddmus View Post
    If you still having fun with these, I had a char idea i was interested in seeing put to paper (pixel?) by some one with more skill then me, its technically a replacement char if my current game char dies,

Pixie sorcerer, as a spell-warp sniper, I'm thinking a lot of explosions like the type that could be used to assault the keep of the Big bad as well as fight a single target, maybe some utility, but offense would be the main focus of this blaster,

Any extra classes are free for you to choose, Silly things are always appreciated because if your not having fun, then whats the point :D

lets say an alt setting my GM was thinking of, the world ended sorta, villages, some city's remain, lots of dumb undead roam about,

Any 3.5 books are cool other then homebrew,

GM has a house rule that for every 2 flaws we get one extra feat.

And SR is pretty much 0 unless a class ability,spell or feat gives it to a person/monster

and if any one is wondering, this came from the idea came from my current char as well as the fact that a pixie as a siege gunner amused me to no end, little pixies in combat helmets kinda made me giggle yes,
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    4 Pixie Battle Sorcerer +0 +0 +0 +2 Concentration +4, Spellcraft +4, Hide +2, Move Silently +2 Point Blank Shot Familiar
    5 Battle Sorcerer +1 +0 +0 +3 Concentration +5, Spellcraft +5, Hide +2.5, Move Silently +2.5
    6 Battle Sorcerer +2 +1 +1 +3 Concentration +6, Spellcraft +6, Hide +3, Move Silently +3 Weapon Focus Ray
    7 Battle Sorcerer +3 +1 +1 +4 Concentration +7, Spellcraft +7, Hide +3.5, Move Silently +3.5
    8 Battle Sorcerer +3 +1 +1 +4 Concentration +8, Spellcraft +8, Hide +4, Move Silently +4
    9 Battle Sorcerer +4 +2 +2 +5 Concentration +9, Spellcraft +9, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Sleight of Hand +1 Ranged Recall
    10 Battle Sorcerer +5 +2 +2 +5 Concentration +10, Spellcraft +10, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Sleight of Hand +2
    11 Battle Sorcerer +6 +2 +2 +6 Concentration +11, Spellcraft +11, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Sleight of Hand +3
    11 Warblade +7 +4 +2 +6 Concentration +12, Spellcraft +12, Hide +4, Move Silently +4, Sleight of Hand +3, Swift Concentration Martial Study: Shadow Jaunt Assassin’s Stance, Weapon Aptitude, Battle Clarity
    12 Spellwarp Sniper +7 +4 +2 +8 Concentration +13, Spellcraft +13, Hide +5, Move Silently +5, Sleight of Hand +4, Swift Concentration Spellwarp
    13 Spellwarp Sniper +8 +4 +2 +9 Concentration +14, Spellcraft +14, Hide +6, Move Silently +6, Sleight of Hand +5, Swift Concentration Sudden Raystrike +1d6
    14 Spellwarp Sniper +9 +5 +3 +9 Concentration +15, Spellcraft +15, Hide +6, Move Silently +6, Sleight of Hand +6, Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting Silent Spell Precise Shot
    15 Spellwarp Sniper +10 +5 +3 +10 Concentration +16, Spellcraft +16, Hide +7, Move Silently +7, Sleight of Hand +7, Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting Sudden Raystrike +2d6
    16 Spellwarp Sniper +10 +5 +3 +10 Concentration +16, Spellcraft +16, Hide +8, Move Silently +8, Sleight of Hand +8, Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting, False Theurgy Ray Mastery
    16 Uncanny Trickster +10 +5 +5 +10 Concentration +17, Spellcraft +17, Hide +9, Move Silently +9, Sleight of Hand +9, Knowledge Arcana +4, Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting, False Theurgy Still Spell Bonus Trick, Favored Trick, Sudden Raystrike +3d6
    17 Uncanny Trickster +11 +5 +6 +10 Concentration +17, Spellcraft +17, Hide +9, Move Silently +9, Sleight of Hand +9, Knowledge Arcana +4, Escape Artist +7, Disable Device +4 Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting, False Theurgy Bonus Trick, Favored Trick
    18 Uncanny Trickster +12 +6 +6 +11 Concentration +17, Spellcraft +17, Hide +10, Move Silently +9, Sleight of Hand +9, Knowledge Arcana +4, Escape Artist +7, Disable Device +7, Decipher Script +7 Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting, False Theurgy Bonus Trick, Favored Trick, Sudden Raystrike +4d6
    19 Arcane Trickster +12 +6 +8 +13 Concentration +19, Spellcraft +19, Hide +10, Move Silently +11, Sleight of Hand +10, Knowledge Arcana +4, Escape Artist +7, Disable Device +7, Decipher Script +7 Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting, False Theurgy Deceptive Spell Ranged Legerdemain 1/day
    19 Arcane Trickster +13 +6 +9 +14 Concentration +21, Spellcraft +21, Hide +11, Move Silently +12, Sleight of Hand +11, Knowledge Arcana +4, Escape Artist +7, Disable Device +7, Decipher Script +7 Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting, False Theurgy Sneak Attack +3d6
    20 Arcane Trickster +13 +7 +9 +14 Concentration +23, Spellcraft +23, Hide +12, Move Silently +13, Sleight of Hand +12, Knowledge Arcana +4, Escape Artist +7, Disable Device +7, Decipher Script +7 Swift Concentration, Conceal Spellcasting, False Theurgy Impromptu Sneak Attack 1/day

18/20 casting! Actually decent BAB on a spellcaster??? 10d6 ray sneak attack damage from 60 ft away is actually fairly decent, and I managed to fit a large amount of skills on here. 8 at 2+int mod, 3 at 8+int mod, and 9 at 4+int mod is actually fairly decent.

Remember: Volley rules are that you only get precision based damage on the first shot of the round if you use a standard action to activate it. If you take a full round action you get full precision damage (one/hit). A standard action Scorching ray will deal 26d6 damage. If you cast a Stilled Scorching Ray as a Full Round Action you deal 56d6 points of damage. Disintegrate deals 46d6 damage for comparison. With Spellwarp you can turn any spell into a ray spell, meaning a Meteor Swarm ray spell will deal either 72d6 in total (48d6 bludgeoning, 24d6 fire) or 42d6 (18d6 bludgeoning, 24d6 fire). Finally there are some weird ones! Chain Missile as a ray spell could deal 110d4+11, or it could deal 11d4, or it could even deal 20d4. So… yea!
    Another confusing one: Vampiric Touch… as a ray. Each round you get 1 touch attack (normal) the area of the spell becomes Ray, however it has no area, its range stays the same (which is touch)... soooo nothing changes but it is counted as a ray for sudden raystrike?

I just wrote that whole above description somehow thinking I got 10d6 ray sneak attack, please lower that to 7d6 and adjust all numbers down. My bad.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hey Falontani,

I have 2 ideas of characters that i would like to have your wealth of knowledge help me out with. Just for some basic info we utilize a 32 point buy for these characters starting stats at 10 and also the Pathfinder Feat Progression.

1st im looking for a level 20 Character who may or may not have made a pact with a demon for Immense power to usher the demons to conquer our world. How the character fights is not really that important so any way you think is best. The character will Slay his master once he hits that level say 20 and will then begin ruling over that demons Legion (the character will be played from time to time but mainly just to try and score some PK's. All of 3.5 is allowed minus psionics.

2nd character would be a form of a spellsword using magic for enhanced mobility and burst damage while in melee form also looking to be level 20. (if you have read the book Ascend Online basing it of the main character in the book). Overall a good character who yet again would be used alot more so for story aspects of our campaign and to save the players when the potential bad guy from above shows up.

I know its not alot to go on but if you could help me out it would be awesome like i said previous psionics are not allowed in our world along with no additional homebrewed stuff other then our own and also we have a our races built for our world i will post them here for you to pick from.

Spoiler: Our own modified Race list
    Show

Wood Elves
    Wood Elves find home in the Le Almaarea Taur Forest of San’Susia, and claim Rosenburg as their Capital. While many visit the lands of San’Susia very few venture far from the river or outskirts of the Le Almaarea Forest. It’s not so much that the elves are hostile, but the forest is a dangerous place for the ill-prepared. Wood Elves are short usually standing 5feet tall, and have slender but muscular builds. Their hair color ranges from every color of autumn as well as their eyes. They have great respect for nature in all of its forms and most members in the High Druidic Council are rumored to be Wood Elves themselves. Wood elves are considered Fey and elves for all intent and purposes.
    Traits:
    • +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    • Low-Light Vision
    • Qick Reflexes Improved Initiative for free
    • 40 Movement speed
    • Wood Elves are strictly found in the great forest of San’Susia, and ofen learn to climb through the forest at an early age. They have a climb speed of 20f and receive a +8 on all climb checks.
    • Once per day, a Wood Elf may commune with Animals as the spell Speak with Animals
    • Wood Elves are immune to magical sleep efects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made again enchantment spells and efects
    • Wood Elves always treat Survival and Knowledge (Nature) as class skills.
    • Starting languages: Elven and may choose from the following with a high intelligence: Common (New Balor), Old Balor, Peoples Langauge, Goblin.
    High Elves
    High Elves are distant cousins of the Wood Elves. Over the eons since the fall of the Old Balor Empire, a sect of elves started to embrace the arcane more so than nature, and adopted more of a human life-style, as they prefer city dwelling than that in the forest. They stand tall (6f) and lean, ofen with blonde or brown hair and brown eyes. High Elves are renown for their magical talents and many High Elves have found a home in the City of Towers. They ofen make great Sorcerers, Bards, or Wizards. High Elves are considered people of the Fey for all purposes as well as elves.
    Traits:
    • +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
    • Low-Light Vision
    • High Elves have a strong afinity towards the arcane arts and may cast comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, faerie fire, obscure object, sanctuary, and read magic once per day. They must have an intelligence score of 11 or higher to do so.
    • Their magical innate ability allows a constant efect of non-detection targeted on them, and they receive a +1 to caster level on all abjuration magic. They also receive a +1 to DC for all spells cast from the enchantment school. If the High Elf has a Charisma of 15 or higher, they may cast Charm Person once per day as a spell like ability. (
    • High Elves are, much like their brethren, immune to magical sleep efects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and efects.
    • High Elves gain a +2 bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition they also receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraf checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
    • High Elves are accustomed to city dwelling, and know how to make their way around socially. They receive a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to gather information and Sense Motive checks made to get a hunch about a social situation.
    • High Elves start with New Balor and Elven, with high intelligence may pick additional languages.
    Citizens
    Shemdelver has not seen an Empire since the Old Balor Empire, except for the Peoples Republic, who has colonies all across the Realm Shemdelver. The people of the Peoples Republic are known as Citizens. They have, by some method, gain the gods favor and have been bless by them, separating them from the rest of the Hume race. They look just as humans do (and come in various shapes, sizes, color) but tend to have a single angelic feature – fair skin, blue eyes, or the likes. Citizens are Humans with the sub-type (Outsider).
    Traits:
    • +4 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity, - 2 Intelligence
    • Outsider: Dark Vision
    • Citizens have a natural connection to the divine, gaining a +2 bonus on Knowledge (planes) checks, and Citizens cast spells with the good or light descriptor at +1 Caster Level. Lastly, they receive DR 5/magic.
    • Citizens have vowed to vanquish all demons or devils that cross their path and are highly trained in fighting them. They receive a +1 on atack rolls against these creatures
    • The People of the Republic are known for their negation skills, they may roll twice when making a bluf or diplomacy skill check once per day and take the beter roll
    • The divine blood that runs through a Citizens veins gives them a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against diseases and mind-afecting efects.
    • Starts with the Peoples Language, and New Balor. High Intelligence may acquire additional languages.
    Clockworks
    The peak of Steam technology, these automated constructs are fueled by steam technology and controlled by a living soul deep inside the constructs chest. Various people of Shemdelver have traded in their body for that of a Clockwork, and others may have been forced. Once the soul is locked into the Clockwork body, the memory of the Clockworks previous life fades into nothingness. They stand 6f – 7f tall, and are ofen made of various parts wood and metal. Clockworks are known for their ferocity on the batlefield, if nothing else. Clock works are Constructs, and follow construct rules unless stated below.
    Traits:
    • +4 Strength, -2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence
    • If hit below 0 hit points, but still not dead, the Clockwork can continue to fight. If he does the clockwork is staggered and loses 1 hit point each round. He still dies when its hit points reach a negative amount equal to its constitution score.
    • Clockworks can not be raised or resurrected. They do not eat, sleep, or breathe unless they wish to. Lastly Clockworks receive +2 bonus on saving throws from disease, mind-afecting efects, poison, and efects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue.
    • Once per day, if injured, a Clockwork may go into a frenzy for 1 minute: +2 bonus to Constitution & Strength, and a -2 to AC. A bellow of steam comes out of the Clockworks crevices as he rages.
    • Clockworks receive a +10 movement speed when charging, running, or withdrawing, powered by steam technology they are capable of such burst of speed.
    • Clockworks metal and wood structure gives him a +2 bonus to Natural Armor.
    • New Balor, with High Intelligence may choose from (Draconic, Elven, Old Balor, Drawven).
    Asurans
    During the rule of the Old Balor Empire, it was common practice for the demons to be sexual pray of Humes; or Humes giving their body to the demons for political power. Because of this the blood of Humes and demons has intermingled to create the race of a Asura. Asuras typically look just like Humes, except their skin has a reddish tint, cat-like eyes, and small horns protrude from their forehead. Lastly they have a red long devil like tail. Asuras are usually looked upon as outsiders and with great distrust. They serve as a constant reminder of the dark clutches the Old Balor Empire once had over Shemdelver. They rule, with the Humes, the Old Balor Empire, where they wish to cleanse their heritage and wrongs of their demonic ancestors.
    Traits:
    • +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom
    • Asurans blood is tainted with that of outsiders, and are considered native outsiders. They have dark vision up to 60f, as well as Low-Light Vision. (4)
    • As they are atuned to Hades, they are with fire. Asurans are treated as +1 level higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor, using granted powers of the Fire domain, using bloodline powers of the fire elemental bloodline, using the revelations of the oracle’s flame mystery, and determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal fire damage. This trait does not give members of this race early access to level-based powers. Asurans with a charisma of 11 or higher may cast the following once per day: dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the users character level. (3)
    • Asurans have tails which may do 1d8 plus strength damage. The reach is 5 feet and may be used to make atacks of opportunity. (3)
    • The Asurans are all well aware of their history in hopes of not repeating the same mistake once again. Asurans gains a +2 on all Ancient History Knowledge checks. (2)
    • Ferociously stubborn they gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm/compulsion) sub-schools. If they fail such a save, the Asuran gets another save the next round at the same DC. If a similar ability (such as rogue’s slippery mind) is gained by the Asuran, they may not use this ability and that ability the at the same time, but one afer another. (2)
    • Asurans are well integrated within their own society as well as others, finding it optimal in order to keep the peace. Asurans gain a +1 bonus on Bluf, Disguise, and Knowledge (local) checks.
    • Starts with New Balor and Common, with high intelligence may choose additional languages.
    Dwarfs
    Dwarfs hail from the Confederate Tribes of Mal’lichkar. Most of them are ofen found in the Frozen Hills to the North or the Southern Mountains which define their border with the New Balor Empire. Dwarfs rarely venture out of their own lands. They are a very proud people with strong traditions and a strict caste system. They make great warriors and craf some of the best Airships, armor, and metal weapons the Realm has ever seen.
    Traits:
    • +2 Strength, +4 Constitution
    • Outsider (Earth)
    • 60 feet Dark vision
    • Dwarfs move at a speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
    • Dwarfs are incredibly resilient, receiving a +2 to all Saving Throws.
    • The hardy folk of the dwarfs have a natural resistance to magic of all kinds. They have a spell Resistance of 6 + character level. (2)
    • The crafsmanship of Dwarfs are known through out Shemdelver. All dwarfs receive a +2 racial bonus on all Craf or Profession checks to create objects from stone or metal.
    • All Dwarves are considered proficient with all Hammers – exotic included.
    • Drawven, with high intelligence may choose New Balor, Elven, Draconic, Peoples Language.
    Goblins
    Goblins hail from the swamplands surrounded by the Jagged Reach Mountains, the place is called Abbaklernic. Goblins were originally on the side of the Old Balor Empire, but quickly were traded and enslaved by the demonic forces. They played a crucial part in the overthrow of the Old Balor Empire, and their alliance with the other humanoids have drastically changed, as goblins are typically either chaotic or neutral, but as evil as any human, and have relations with the other races just the same. Goblins are known for being very outspoken, loud, and rude. Their jokes are ofen misunderstood by other people of Shemdelver as racist, and find their opinions closed minded and absurd. They are very small, ranging from 2.5-3.5 feet, and have black beady eyes and dark hairless reddish skin. They have shown a knack for steam technology, and ofen find themselves as the sole reverse engineers of steamcraf technology.
    Traits:
    • -2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence. Goblins are extremely Dexterous and fairly intelligent. Unfortunately, there brashness and honesty tends not to win over others. 6 points
    • Goblins are small in stature (standing nearly 2-3f tall). +1 size bonus to atack rolls, -1 CMD, +4 Stealth checks.
    • Goblins are home within wetlands, receiving a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks in this terrain type. (1)
    • Goblins are an incredibly curious and inventive people, credited with bringing the SteamTek Age to Shemdelver. They hold this position as a badge of honor. Goblins receive a +1 on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. They are also treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafed themselves. (2)
    • Dark Vision (60f) (2)
    • A Goblins smile is worth a thousands words, and one brutal bite. A goblins bite is considered primary, unless they goblin is wielding a manufactured weapon, which is then a secondary atack. A bite does 1d3 damage. (2)
    • Goblins look at sneaking and Worg riding as an art and part of their cultural heritage. They always treat Sneak and Ride as class skills.
    • Goblins start with New Balor and Goblin as their languages. They may have more if they have a high intelligence.
    Humes
    Humes can be found scatered across Shemdelver. They are ofen found in trading hubs and metropolises around the world. Most Humes hail from the New Balor Empire, and share this state with the Asurans. The Capital of the New Balor Empire is Carolinapolis. Humans are known best for their versatility and ambition, which is either envy by others, or seen as a flawed trait by some. They are also found in the City of Towers. While the Peoples Republic was heavily populated with Humes, since the appearance of the Citizens, most have migrated to their ancestor’s homeland – the
    New Balor Empire. It’s dificult for others to pinpoint a Humes perspective on life besides the will to succeed and the thirst for individual freedom. The best of them are humble and gracious, the worse remind the other races they wouldn’t exist without the Humes interference with nature and magic – though they tend to leave out the scar of the Old Balor Empire.
    Traits:
    • Humes receive one +2 any one stat, due to the variety of physical and mental abilities Humes have within their ranks. 0
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, Humes have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Humes base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Humes may choose two extra skill which is always a class skill for them. 2
    • Humes receive one bonus feat at first level, and a free exotic weapon proficiency. Centuries ago, the Hume race freed themselves from the enslavement of the Old Balor Empire, and leading the other races to freedom. The have zealously trained in the art of war since then, wishing to protect themselves and their families. 6
    • Humes are multi-talented and diverse and may have two favored classes at 1st level and gain a +1 hit points or +1 skill rank whenever they take a level in either of those classes. (2)
    • At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, Humes gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice in any skill. Their diversity and dedication to all things gives them an edge in focusing on many aspects of life.
    • Humes speak New Balor and may choose any other language if they have a high enough intelligence.
    Kobolds
    Traits:
    • Kobolds are small in stature (standing nearly 2-3f tall). +1 size bonus to atack rolls, -1 CMD, +4 Stealth checks.
    • +4 Charisma, -2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Strength
    • Kobolds are use to the caves of their mountains. Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds Kobolds for one round, and they are dazzled as long as they remain in that area. This is ofen overcome (to a degree) via a special pair of goggles adventurers and traders of the race wear.
    • As the Age of the Gods have grown in length, so has many miracles across the lands. One of these are Kobolds are naturally born with Draconian like wings. Though not good enough to fly, they grant a +4 fly bonus if flight is goten by other means. Their wings do grant some lif when jumping, however, Kobolds are always considered to have a running start when making acrobatic checks.
    • Kobolds have Dark Vision out to 120 f.
    • Taking afer their beloved and very distant relatives, Kobolds are fond of gems, gold, and other precious materials. Kobolds gain a +2 bonus on Appraise checks to determine the price of non-magical good that contain precious metals or gemstones.
    • Either due to their ancient Draconian blood, or strong bond to dragons themselves, Kobolds with a Charisma of 11 or higher may cast the following once per day: comprehend languages, deathwatch, and stabilize. The caster level equals that of the user’s character level.
    • Kobolds, being somewhat Xenophobic, start out with Draconic (native tongue) as their language. Kobolds with a high intelligence modifier may choose the following bonus languages: Common (New Balor), Peoples Language, Elven, and Dwarven.
    Necrovants
    Necrovants are another byproduct of the Old Balor Empire. During the demonic rule of the empire, humes who would not obey their demon masters and accept enslavement were turned into undead servants. There were, at one time, an overwhelming population of Necrovants, as the elite of the Old Balor Empire would enforce this punishment on the most misdemeanor crimes. They are cursed to roam the Realm of Shemdelver for all of eternity, unless they reach an unlikely death as they don’t die from old age. Necrovants have a cycle lasting 80-200 years in which they enter a deep slumber and only to return to the living with no memory of their past lives for the exception of a few scatered nightmares and dreams. They rule the land of Abbarach, and are ofen til this day misunderstood by the other races of Shemdelver. Necrovants have gray skin and white hair, their bodies seemed to be made of marble. The eyes of a Necrovant are all black devoid of any pupils. A unique trait they possess, that other undead do not, is the wisp of ethereal smoke that follows them about. The Necrovants refer to this wisp as their Anima, or other races claim – their imprisoned soul.
    Traits:
    • +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity
    • Dark Vision 60f
    • +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-afecting efects
    • No penalties from energy-draining efects, though they can still be killed if they accrue more negative levels than they have Hit Dice. Afer 24 hours, any negative levels they’ve gained are removed without any additional saving throws.
    • Necrovants are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy.
    • Necrovants are capable of further concealing themselves by wrapping their bodies within their Anima. Anytime a Necrovant has concealment, they receive a +5% bonus.
    • Though Necrovants have dificulty recalling past lives, they ofen retain enough knowledge to put enough pieces together to make it easier this time around. Necrovants may pick any two Knowledge skills. They gain a +2 racial bonus on both these skills, and those skills are treated as class skills regardless of what class the Necrovant is.
    • Teetering between the fine line of life and death, Necrovants are well versed in Necromancy. They gain a +1 DC to any saving throws from the Necromancy school. If a Necrovant has a wisdom score of 11 or higher they are able to cast the following spells once per day: bleed, chill touch, detect poison, touch of fatigue. The DC for these spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + spell level + wisdom modifier.
    • Necrovants are strangely hopeful, receiving a +2 to saving throws against fear and despair efects. Also, once per day, afer a natural 1 roll they may roll again (on any save) and take that result.
    • Necrovants start out with Old Balor, and with a High Intelligence may also pick from Goblin, Elven, Gaint, and New Balor.
    VemiCoths
    You are likely to see a dwarf woman before you see a VemiCoth, but their reputation as wise warriors from the cold North is very well known. They live in small isolated setlements and fishing towns in the Northern Reach. Very few are able to tolerate the desert ice-land of their homeland, and those that can muster the cold stay on the coast were it is typically cooler and much safer. Very litle is known about the heritage or customs of the VemiCoths, as they have just started traveling outside of the Northern Reach.
    VemiCoths stand at an average of 8f tall and weigh in at 300lbs to 450lbs. The skin tones of the VemiCoths can be anywhere from dark brown to midnight shades of black. Their hair is typically long and black or brown in color and have hazel to purple eyes. They ofen brush of material wealth as nonsense due to the harsh conditions they live in. They are very loyal and have strong family ties that even would make a dwarf feel ashamed.
    Traits:
    • VemiCoths are incredibly strong and resilient due to their hulking size; receiving +2 to Constitution. They are ofen very wise gaining a +2 to wisdom as well, thanks to there long lifespans and quick childhoods.
    • The VemiCoths are accustomed extreme climate and harsh conditions in their homeland. They receive a +4 racial bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as any other ill efects from running, forced marches, and starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments. (2)
    • VemiCoths are large creatures, they get a +2 size bonus to Strength -2 penalty to Dexterity. Large races take a -1 size penalty to their AC, -1 to atack rolls, and a +1 on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a -4 size penalty on Stealth checks. A large creature takes up 10x10 feet and has a reach of 5 feet. (7)
    • They gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened thanks to their harsh environment and the very litle vegetation that grows in their homeland – a lot of it poisonous.
    • VemiCoths are immune to cold damage.
    • Speaks Gaint, and with High Intelligence may choose Old Balor, Elven, Peoples Langauge, and New Balor.

Thanks in advance if you decide to help out
    Last edited by vagrant; 2018-08-07 at 03:49 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by vagrant View Post
    Hey Falontani,

I have 2 ideas of characters that i would like to have your wealth of knowledge help me out with. Just for some basic info we utilize a 32 point buy for these characters starting stats at 10 and also the Pathfinder Feat Progression.

1st im looking for a level 20 Character who may or may not have made a pact with a demon for Immense power to usher the demons to conquer our world. How the character fights is not really that important so any way you think is best. The character will Slay his master once he hits that level say 20 and will then begin ruling over that demons Legion (the character will be played from time to time but mainly just to try and score some PK's. All of 3.5 is allowed minus psionics.

2nd character would be a form of a spellsword using magic for enhanced mobility and burst damage while in melee form also looking to be level 20. (if you have read the book Ascend Online basing it of the main character in the book). Overall a good character who yet again would be used alot more so for story aspects of our campaign and to save the players when the potential bad guy from above shows up.

I know its not alot to go on but if you could help me out it would be awesome like i said previous psionics are not allowed in our world along with no additional homebrewed stuff other then our own and also we have a our races built for our world i will post them here for you to pick from.

Spoiler: Our own modified Race list
    Show

Wood Elves
    Wood Elves find home in the Le Almaarea Taur Forest of San’Susia, and claim Rosenburg as their Capital. While many visit the lands of San’Susia very few venture far from the river or outskirts of the Le Almaarea Forest. It’s not so much that the elves are hostile, but the forest is a dangerous place for the ill-prepared. Wood Elves are short usually standing 5feet tall, and have slender but muscular builds. Their hair color ranges from every color of autumn as well as their eyes. They have great respect for nature in all of its forms and most members in the High Druidic Council are rumored to be Wood Elves themselves. Wood elves are considered Fey and elves for all intent and purposes.
    Traits:
    • +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution
    • Low-Light Vision
    • Qick Reflexes Improved Initiative for free
    • 40 Movement speed
    • Wood Elves are strictly found in the great forest of San’Susia, and ofen learn to climb through the forest at an early age. They have a climb speed of 20f and receive a +8 on all climb checks.
    • Once per day, a Wood Elf may commune with Animals as the spell Speak with Animals
    • Wood Elves are immune to magical sleep efects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made again enchantment spells and efects
    • Wood Elves always treat Survival and Knowledge (Nature) as class skills.
    • Starting languages: Elven and may choose from the following with a high intelligence: Common (New Balor), Old Balor, Peoples Langauge, Goblin.
    High Elves
    High Elves are distant cousins of the Wood Elves. Over the eons since the fall of the Old Balor Empire, a sect of elves started to embrace the arcane more so than nature, and adopted more of a human life-style, as they prefer city dwelling than that in the forest. They stand tall (6f) and lean, ofen with blonde or brown hair and brown eyes. High Elves are renown for their magical talents and many High Elves have found a home in the City of Towers. They ofen make great Sorcerers, Bards, or Wizards. High Elves are considered people of the Fey for all purposes as well as elves.
    Traits:
    • +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma
    • Low-Light Vision
    • High Elves have a strong afinity towards the arcane arts and may cast comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, faerie fire, obscure object, sanctuary, and read magic once per day. They must have an intelligence score of 11 or higher to do so.
    • Their magical innate ability allows a constant efect of non-detection targeted on them, and they receive a +1 to caster level on all abjuration magic. They also receive a +1 to DC for all spells cast from the enchantment school. If the High Elf has a Charisma of 15 or higher, they may cast Charm Person once per day as a spell like ability. (
    • High Elves are, much like their brethren, immune to magical sleep efects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and efects.
    • High Elves gain a +2 bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition they also receive a +2 racial bonus on Spellcraf checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
    • High Elves are accustomed to city dwelling, and know how to make their way around socially. They receive a +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks made to gather information and Sense Motive checks made to get a hunch about a social situation.
    • High Elves start with New Balor and Elven, with high intelligence may pick additional languages.
    Citizens
    Shemdelver has not seen an Empire since the Old Balor Empire, except for the Peoples Republic, who has colonies all across the Realm Shemdelver. The people of the Peoples Republic are known as Citizens. They have, by some method, gain the gods favor and have been bless by them, separating them from the rest of the Hume race. They look just as humans do (and come in various shapes, sizes, color) but tend to have a single angelic feature – fair skin, blue eyes, or the likes. Citizens are Humans with the sub-type (Outsider).
    Traits:
    • +4 Wisdom, -2 Dexterity, - 2 Intelligence
    • Outsider: Dark Vision
    • Citizens have a natural connection to the divine, gaining a +2 bonus on Knowledge (planes) checks, and Citizens cast spells with the good or light descriptor at +1 Caster Level. Lastly, they receive DR 5/magic.
    • Citizens have vowed to vanquish all demons or devils that cross their path and are highly trained in fighting them. They receive a +1 on atack rolls against these creatures
    • The People of the Republic are known for their negation skills, they may roll twice when making a bluf or diplomacy skill check once per day and take the beter roll
    • The divine blood that runs through a Citizens veins gives them a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against diseases and mind-afecting efects.
    • Starts with the Peoples Language, and New Balor. High Intelligence may acquire additional languages.
    Clockworks
    The peak of Steam technology, these automated constructs are fueled by steam technology and controlled by a living soul deep inside the constructs chest. Various people of Shemdelver have traded in their body for that of a Clockwork, and others may have been forced. Once the soul is locked into the Clockwork body, the memory of the Clockworks previous life fades into nothingness. They stand 6f – 7f tall, and are ofen made of various parts wood and metal. Clockworks are known for their ferocity on the batlefield, if nothing else. Clock works are Constructs, and follow construct rules unless stated below.
    Traits:
    • +4 Strength, -2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence
    • If hit below 0 hit points, but still not dead, the Clockwork can continue to fight. If he does the clockwork is staggered and loses 1 hit point each round. He still dies when its hit points reach a negative amount equal to its constitution score.
    • Clockworks can not be raised or resurrected. They do not eat, sleep, or breathe unless they wish to. Lastly Clockworks receive +2 bonus on saving throws from disease, mind-afecting efects, poison, and efects that cause either exhaustion or fatigue.
    • Once per day, if injured, a Clockwork may go into a frenzy for 1 minute: +2 bonus to Constitution & Strength, and a -2 to AC. A bellow of steam comes out of the Clockworks crevices as he rages.
    • Clockworks receive a +10 movement speed when charging, running, or withdrawing, powered by steam technology they are capable of such burst of speed.
    • Clockworks metal and wood structure gives him a +2 bonus to Natural Armor.
    • New Balor, with High Intelligence may choose from (Draconic, Elven, Old Balor, Drawven).
    Asurans
    During the rule of the Old Balor Empire, it was common practice for the demons to be sexual pray of Humes; or Humes giving their body to the demons for political power. Because of this the blood of Humes and demons has intermingled to create the race of a Asura. Asuras typically look just like Humes, except their skin has a reddish tint, cat-like eyes, and small horns protrude from their forehead. Lastly they have a red long devil like tail. Asuras are usually looked upon as outsiders and with great distrust. They serve as a constant reminder of the dark clutches the Old Balor Empire once had over Shemdelver. They rule, with the Humes, the Old Balor Empire, where they wish to cleanse their heritage and wrongs of their demonic ancestors.
    Traits:
    • +2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom
    • Asurans blood is tainted with that of outsiders, and are considered native outsiders. They have dark vision up to 60f, as well as Low-Light Vision. (4)
    • As they are atuned to Hades, they are with fire. Asurans are treated as +1 level higher when casting spells with the fire descriptor, using granted powers of the Fire domain, using bloodline powers of the fire elemental bloodline, using the revelations of the oracle’s flame mystery, and determining the damage of alchemist bombs that deal fire damage. This trait does not give members of this race early access to level-based powers. Asurans with a charisma of 11 or higher may cast the following once per day: dancing lights, flare, prestidigitation, produce flame. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the users character level. (3)
    • Asurans have tails which may do 1d8 plus strength damage. The reach is 5 feet and may be used to make atacks of opportunity. (3)
    • The Asurans are all well aware of their history in hopes of not repeating the same mistake once again. Asurans gains a +2 on all Ancient History Knowledge checks. (2)
    • Ferociously stubborn they gain a +2 racial bonus on Will saving throws to resist spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment (charm/compulsion) sub-schools. If they fail such a save, the Asuran gets another save the next round at the same DC. If a similar ability (such as rogue’s slippery mind) is gained by the Asuran, they may not use this ability and that ability the at the same time, but one afer another. (2)
    • Asurans are well integrated within their own society as well as others, finding it optimal in order to keep the peace. Asurans gain a +1 bonus on Bluf, Disguise, and Knowledge (local) checks.
    • Starts with New Balor and Common, with high intelligence may choose additional languages.
    Dwarfs
    Dwarfs hail from the Confederate Tribes of Mal’lichkar. Most of them are ofen found in the Frozen Hills to the North or the Southern Mountains which define their border with the New Balor Empire. Dwarfs rarely venture out of their own lands. They are a very proud people with strong traditions and a strict caste system. They make great warriors and craf some of the best Airships, armor, and metal weapons the Realm has ever seen.
    Traits:
    • +2 Strength, +4 Constitution
    • Outsider (Earth)
    • 60 feet Dark vision
    • Dwarfs move at a speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
    • Dwarfs are incredibly resilient, receiving a +2 to all Saving Throws.
    • The hardy folk of the dwarfs have a natural resistance to magic of all kinds. They have a spell Resistance of 6 + character level. (2)
    • The crafsmanship of Dwarfs are known through out Shemdelver. All dwarfs receive a +2 racial bonus on all Craf or Profession checks to create objects from stone or metal.
    • All Dwarves are considered proficient with all Hammers – exotic included.
    • Drawven, with high intelligence may choose New Balor, Elven, Draconic, Peoples Language.
    Goblins
    Goblins hail from the swamplands surrounded by the Jagged Reach Mountains, the place is called Abbaklernic. Goblins were originally on the side of the Old Balor Empire, but quickly were traded and enslaved by the demonic forces. They played a crucial part in the overthrow of the Old Balor Empire, and their alliance with the other humanoids have drastically changed, as goblins are typically either chaotic or neutral, but as evil as any human, and have relations with the other races just the same. Goblins are known for being very outspoken, loud, and rude. Their jokes are ofen misunderstood by other people of Shemdelver as racist, and find their opinions closed minded and absurd. They are very small, ranging from 2.5-3.5 feet, and have black beady eyes and dark hairless reddish skin. They have shown a knack for steam technology, and ofen find themselves as the sole reverse engineers of steamcraf technology.
    Traits:
    • -2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Charisma, +2 Intelligence. Goblins are extremely Dexterous and fairly intelligent. Unfortunately, there brashness and honesty tends not to win over others. 6 points
    • Goblins are small in stature (standing nearly 2-3f tall). +1 size bonus to atack rolls, -1 CMD, +4 Stealth checks.
    • Goblins are home within wetlands, receiving a +4 racial bonus on Stealth checks in this terrain type. (1)
    • Goblins are an incredibly curious and inventive people, credited with bringing the SteamTek Age to Shemdelver. They hold this position as a badge of honor. Goblins receive a +1 on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. They are also treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafed themselves. (2)
    • Dark Vision (60f) (2)
    • A Goblins smile is worth a thousands words, and one brutal bite. A goblins bite is considered primary, unless they goblin is wielding a manufactured weapon, which is then a secondary atack. A bite does 1d3 damage. (2)
    • Goblins look at sneaking and Worg riding as an art and part of their cultural heritage. They always treat Sneak and Ride as class skills.
    • Goblins start with New Balor and Goblin as their languages. They may have more if they have a high intelligence.
    Humes
    Humes can be found scatered across Shemdelver. They are ofen found in trading hubs and metropolises around the world. Most Humes hail from the New Balor Empire, and share this state with the Asurans. The Capital of the New Balor Empire is Carolinapolis. Humans are known best for their versatility and ambition, which is either envy by others, or seen as a flawed trait by some. They are also found in the City of Towers. While the Peoples Republic was heavily populated with Humes, since the appearance of the Citizens, most have migrated to their ancestor’s homeland – the
    New Balor Empire. It’s dificult for others to pinpoint a Humes perspective on life besides the will to succeed and the thirst for individual freedom. The best of them are humble and gracious, the worse remind the other races they wouldn’t exist without the Humes interference with nature and magic – though they tend to leave out the scar of the Old Balor Empire.
    Traits:
    • Humes receive one +2 any one stat, due to the variety of physical and mental abilities Humes have within their ranks. 0
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, Humes have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Humes base land speed is 30 feet.
    • Humes may choose two extra skill which is always a class skill for them. 2
    • Humes receive one bonus feat at first level, and a free exotic weapon proficiency. Centuries ago, the Hume race freed themselves from the enslavement of the Old Balor Empire, and leading the other races to freedom. The have zealously trained in the art of war since then, wishing to protect themselves and their families. 6
    • Humes are multi-talented and diverse and may have two favored classes at 1st level and gain a +1 hit points or +1 skill rank whenever they take a level in either of those classes. (2)
    • At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, Humes gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice in any skill. Their diversity and dedication to all things gives them an edge in focusing on many aspects of life.
    • Humes speak New Balor and may choose any other language if they have a high enough intelligence.
    Kobolds
    Traits:
    • Kobolds are small in stature (standing nearly 2-3f tall). +1 size bonus to atack rolls, -1 CMD, +4 Stealth checks.
    • +4 Charisma, -2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Strength
    • Kobolds are use to the caves of their mountains. Abrupt exposure to bright light blinds Kobolds for one round, and they are dazzled as long as they remain in that area. This is ofen overcome (to a degree) via a special pair of goggles adventurers and traders of the race wear.
    • As the Age of the Gods have grown in length, so has many miracles across the lands. One of these are Kobolds are naturally born with Draconian like wings. Though not good enough to fly, they grant a +4 fly bonus if flight is goten by other means. Their wings do grant some lif when jumping, however, Kobolds are always considered to have a running start when making acrobatic checks.
    • Kobolds have Dark Vision out to 120 f.
    • Taking afer their beloved and very distant relatives, Kobolds are fond of gems, gold, and other precious materials. Kobolds gain a +2 bonus on Appraise checks to determine the price of non-magical good that contain precious metals or gemstones.
    • Either due to their ancient Draconian blood, or strong bond to dragons themselves, Kobolds with a Charisma of 11 or higher may cast the following once per day: comprehend languages, deathwatch, and stabilize. The caster level equals that of the user’s character level.
    • Kobolds, being somewhat Xenophobic, start out with Draconic (native tongue) as their language. Kobolds with a high intelligence modifier may choose the following bonus languages: Common (New Balor), Peoples Language, Elven, and Dwarven.
    Necrovants
    Necrovants are another byproduct of the Old Balor Empire. During the demonic rule of the empire, humes who would not obey their demon masters and accept enslavement were turned into undead servants. There were, at one time, an overwhelming population of Necrovants, as the elite of the Old Balor Empire would enforce this punishment on the most misdemeanor crimes. They are cursed to roam the Realm of Shemdelver for all of eternity, unless they reach an unlikely death as they don’t die from old age. Necrovants have a cycle lasting 80-200 years in which they enter a deep slumber and only to return to the living with no memory of their past lives for the exception of a few scatered nightmares and dreams. They rule the land of Abbarach, and are ofen til this day misunderstood by the other races of Shemdelver. Necrovants have gray skin and white hair, their bodies seemed to be made of marble. The eyes of a Necrovant are all black devoid of any pupils. A unique trait they possess, that other undead do not, is the wisp of ethereal smoke that follows them about. The Necrovants refer to this wisp as their Anima, or other races claim – their imprisoned soul.
    Traits:
    • +2 Wisdom, +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity
    • Dark Vision 60f
    • +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease and mind-afecting efects
    • No penalties from energy-draining efects, though they can still be killed if they accrue more negative levels than they have Hit Dice. Afer 24 hours, any negative levels they’ve gained are removed without any additional saving throws.
    • Necrovants are harmed by positive energy and healed by negative energy.
    • Necrovants are capable of further concealing themselves by wrapping their bodies within their Anima. Anytime a Necrovant has concealment, they receive a +5% bonus.
    • Though Necrovants have dificulty recalling past lives, they ofen retain enough knowledge to put enough pieces together to make it easier this time around. Necrovants may pick any two Knowledge skills. They gain a +2 racial bonus on both these skills, and those skills are treated as class skills regardless of what class the Necrovant is.
    • Teetering between the fine line of life and death, Necrovants are well versed in Necromancy. They gain a +1 DC to any saving throws from the Necromancy school. If a Necrovant has a wisdom score of 11 or higher they are able to cast the following spells once per day: bleed, chill touch, detect poison, touch of fatigue. The DC for these spell-like abilities is equal to 10 + spell level + wisdom modifier.
    • Necrovants are strangely hopeful, receiving a +2 to saving throws against fear and despair efects. Also, once per day, afer a natural 1 roll they may roll again (on any save) and take that result.
    • Necrovants start out with Old Balor, and with a High Intelligence may also pick from Goblin, Elven, Gaint, and New Balor.
    VemiCoths
    You are likely to see a dwarf woman before you see a VemiCoth, but their reputation as wise warriors from the cold North is very well known. They live in small isolated setlements and fishing towns in the Northern Reach. Very few are able to tolerate the desert ice-land of their homeland, and those that can muster the cold stay on the coast were it is typically cooler and much safer. Very litle is known about the heritage or customs of the VemiCoths, as they have just started traveling outside of the Northern Reach.
    VemiCoths stand at an average of 8f tall and weigh in at 300lbs to 450lbs. The skin tones of the VemiCoths can be anywhere from dark brown to midnight shades of black. Their hair is typically long and black or brown in color and have hazel to purple eyes. They ofen brush of material wealth as nonsense due to the harsh conditions they live in. They are very loyal and have strong family ties that even would make a dwarf feel ashamed.
    Traits:
    • VemiCoths are incredibly strong and resilient due to their hulking size; receiving +2 to Constitution. They are ofen very wise gaining a +2 to wisdom as well, thanks to there long lifespans and quick childhoods.
    • The VemiCoths are accustomed extreme climate and harsh conditions in their homeland. They receive a +4 racial bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as any other ill efects from running, forced marches, and starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments. (2)
    • VemiCoths are large creatures, they get a +2 size bonus to Strength -2 penalty to Dexterity. Large races take a -1 size penalty to their AC, -1 to atack rolls, and a +1 on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a -4 size penalty on Stealth checks. A large creature takes up 10x10 feet and has a reach of 5 feet. (7)
    • They gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against disease, ingested poisons, and becoming nauseated or sickened thanks to their harsh environment and the very litle vegetation that grows in their homeland – a lot of it poisonous.
    • VemiCoths are immune to cold damage.
    • Speaks Gaint, and with High Intelligence may choose Old Balor, Elven, Peoples Langauge, and New Balor.

Thanks in advance if you decide to help out
    That is an extensive racial list and I just want to give props to your dm, your world sounds full of history and lore. I personally use Eberron when I dm and that's how I get my lore. I'm no good with extensive world building sadly. (If you are the dm, big props!)

With that said a few questions: making a pact with a demon is definitely viable, but usually people make pacts with devils. Are you certain that it is a pact with a demon? There are several things I can use that is fostering l different between devils and demons.

On the second character, you say melee form, is their other form a spellslinger?

24. - Top - End - #174

Kobold

I have a request. Give me the best possible necromancer. I am just looking to upgrade my pal's old 3rd edition character, which was an elf wizard/cleric/mystic theurge focusing in necromancy, specifically minion-mancy. I know we can do much better than that. Restrictions are must be an elf (probably gray?) and must have two sources of spellcasting (arcane/divine is normal, but if you can mash up two divine or arcane sources instead, more power to ya!). No LA and whatever point buy is normal. Any and all sources are cool too if I can access them online. If it matters, the character was True Neutral. Thanks!
    Last edited by MrSinister; 2018-08-07 at 12:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That is an extensive racial list and I just want to give props to your dm, your world sounds full of history and lore. I personally use Eberron when I dm and that's how I get my lore. I'm no good with extensive world building sadly. (If you are the dm, big props!)

With that said a few questions: making a pact with a demon is definitely viable, but usually people make pacts with devils. Are you certain that it is a pact with a demon? There are several things I can use that is fostering l different between devils and demons.

On the second character, you say melee form, is their other form a spellslinger?
    A devil would be fine aslong as the theme is their as for the second question the character could be a spellslinger but the character I'm basing it off of has traits that prevent them from regaining mana from natural ways he has to absorb mana from the things he is fighting in order to cast more spells its more of a mmo type of character so his spells are normally lower level spells that dont have high mana cost so converting it into a dnd character is causing me problems.

As far as our world we have been playing in the same world for 12 years now and no I'm not the dm but we are constantly changing the world with new seraphs (demi-gods) and the likes if u want some more info on the world we have a site its a little outdated but if you google realm of shemdelver I believe it is the second search result. Our dm is great at not rail roading us and allowing us to influence everything in the world I think thats why we have stuck together so long lol.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Hey there, Falontani,

I do have two suggestions I'd like to see you tackle.

The first is a phantom thief on the level of Arsene Lupin (probably needs around 20 levels to be honest). The master-planner, the man who seems to be able to predict your moves before you do them, a good fencer, and above all, a gentleman who keeps his word when given. Rogue is a given, but take it how you see fit. Maybe there's some magic in there, maybe it's all skill, who knows? But whatever he does, he always seems to be on top of things with perfect plans.

I guess the second thing I'd like to see is a Kitsune, specifically a nine-tailed variety. You know, the mythological Yokai from Japanese mythos that is a shapeshifter, turns into a beautiful woman and seduces men, can be either a dedicated, loving wife or a seductress that will drain the life out of you like a Succubus. I was going to try to make one for a build, but I didn't have the time. The hardest part was trying to make the Kitsune creature in 3.5. I know Pathfinder has them as a race, but I wasn't taking an easy route due to the competition's ruling.

Lemme know if either of these interest you!
    Spoiler: Before June 2017
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Bard (3rd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-11
    Intelligence-16
    Wisdom-12
    Charisma-11
    As of June 2017:
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (2nd Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-12
    Dexterity-11
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-18
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-12

What Kind of Dungeons and Dragons Character Would You Be?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I have a request. Give me the best possible necromancer. I am just looking to upgrade my pal's old 3rd edition character, which was an elf wizard/cleric/mystic theurge focusing in necromancy, specifically minion-mancy. I know we can do much better than that. Restrictions are must be an elf (probably gray?) and must have two sources of spellcasting (arcane/divine is normal, but if you can mash up two divine or arcane sources instead, more power to ya!). No LA and whatever point buy is normal. Any and all sources are cool too if I can access them online. If it matters, the character was True Neutral. Thanks!
    A forenote! oOoo Never done one of these before. The best necromancer will vary depending on your flavor of best! There are many contentions that may arise with this.
    The most Powerful necromancer is going to be an artificer. They get access to all arcane/divine spells, along with the ability to craft scrolls of animate dead at level 1. Sure they can only create up to 2 HD (a human zombie, or 2 skeletons) per scroll, with up to 4 HD of control, but what they do afterwards is what makes them the most powerful. Creating a wand of animate dead and tossing it on a familiar, a cleric, a wizard, a rogue, or anyone else that could possibly be a necromancer or hit UMD 20 and you have yourself more people creating this army. Create a command word item of command undead and you have a nearly limitless army of mindless undead.
    If instead you are looking for the necromancer with the most reach on what they can do, your looking at a factotum chameleon, or even your wizard/cleric mystic theurge. There is not much they can’t do! (although artificer beats both of them still)
    So what I will classify as “best” necromancer, is the most flavorful necromancer that we can get. The necromancer that really fits the theme, necromancer.
    Show

Lvl
    Class
    Base Attack Bonus
    Fort Save
    Ref Save
    Will Save
    Skills
    Feats
    Class Features
    1 Necromancer (UA 63) Combat Wizard (UA 59) +0 +0 +0 +2 Precious Apprentice, Improved Initiative(B) Enhanced Undead, Skeletal Minion
    2 Cleric +0 +2 +0 +4 Death Domain, Deathbound Domain, Rebuke Undead
    3 Cleric +1 +3 +0 +5 Spell Focus Necromancy
    4 Cleric +2 +3 +1 +5
    5 Cleric +3 +4 +1 +6
    6 True Necromancer +3 +4 +1 +8 Mother Cyst Rebuke Undead
    7 True Necromancer +4 +4 +1 +9 Create Undead 1/day
    8 True Necromancer +4 +5 +2 +9 Necromantic Prowess (+1)
    9 True Necromancer +5 +5 +2 +10 Fell Energy Spell Zone of Desecration
    10 True Necromancer +5 +5 +2 +10 Create Undead 2/day
    11 True Necromancer +6 +6 +3 +11 Necromantic Prowess (+2)
    12 True Necromancer +6 +6 +3 +11 Craft Wondrous Items Major Desecration
    13 True Necromancer +7 +6 +3 +12 Create Greater Undead 1/day
    14 True Necromancer +7 +7 +4 +12 Necromantic Prowess (+3)
    15 True Necromancer +8 +7 +4 +13 Corpsecrafter Horrid Wilting
    16 True Necromancer +8 +7 +4 +13 Create Greater Undead 2/day
    17 True Necromancer +9 +8 +5 +14 Necromantic Prowess +4
    18 True Necromancer +9 +8 +5 +14 Nimble Bones Energy Drain
    19 True Necromancer +10 +8 +5 +15 Wail of the Banshee
    20 Mystic Theurge +10 +8 +5 +17

Effective Cleric Level 18 for casting and rebuking
    Effective Wizard Level 15 for casting
    You cast Divine Necromancy spells at CL 22
    You cast Arcane Necromancy spells at CL 19

You are unfortunately 2 levels behind a cleric of your same level, and 5 levels behind a wizard of your same level, which often means that they are more powerful. However when it comes to necromancy, minionmancy, and effective necromantic power you are probably going to be number 1.
    Don’t forget that you start out with a 2 HD skeleton that you can create again for 100 GP (expensive). This guy is going to be your actual character for those beginning levels. Good armor + shield + weapon and it will be a stronger frontline than the fighter at level 1.

28. - Top - End - #178

Kobold

Much appreciated Falontani!

29. - Top - End - #179

Was I missed? :(

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ComaVision View Post
    I have a fairly simple one if you're still doing requests.

I need a cultist of Zuggtmoy as a bad guy for my E6 game, CR around 3 or 4. I'd like him to have some sort of gimmick to make him a bit more memorable but inspiration hasn't struck. He'll be accompanied by a Yellow Musk Creeper and maybe a few plant "zombies".
    I apologize Coma, I'm bad with cr, and I'm not very knowledgeable about e6.
    This isn't really the thread for monster assistance. However look into myconids. A corrupted (bvd) myconid cleric with the plant domain and some commanded shrieker mushrooms could be what your looking for. The gimmick is vile damage. It can't be healed without going to a hallowed area, which in E6 will be especially difficult. The cleric should know this, and only close to use his vile damage. Perhaps use violate spell which turns half spell damage into vile as well
    Last edited by Falontani; 2018-08-27 at 11:13 AM.