New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Class naming

1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Class naming

I need a new name for a class centric around barehand fighting. The street brawler, knocking someone out with a single punch. The monk, training in the mountains to perfect his technique. The boxer, punching until he can no more in the ring.

that sort of thing.

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Class naming

Also a name for a class that casts psionic spells, but instead of being psychic it's more of a chi-style magic

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Do you have a specific system in mind? You've already thrown out three perfectly good class names, but if it is AD&D 1st edition, you obviously couldn't call it a monk.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Pugilist? It was a kit name in S&P, but works well enough.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

5. - Top - End - #5

It's more of a homebrew thing based largely off of 3.5. I know it should go in homebrew, but that place seems more compare and contrast not brainstorm ideas

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Your Chi-class could be the "Mystic". Otherwise, "Enlightened?" maybe?
    I would second Pugilist for your un-armed combatant.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

7. - Top - End - #7

pugilist and mystic it is