New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Tychris' Tomb of Annihilation IC

Aleandrae

The Bard waved back at the diminutive creature. "I want one!" But then the subject of teleportation came up, and she was busily scooping up her pouch of gold and listening to the plans the old woman had. "Oh, well...yes. Like Mister Alfson here, I too require a short time to return to my lodging, grab my supplies, and say goodbye to my roommate!"
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"O-Ok." Lyndal was momentarily nonplussed by the woman's sudden recalcitrance.

"I'm sure we'll pick up a lead mmm... somewhere." She was trying to reassure the doomed woman but she wasn't sure she was doing a good job.

"I think I'll wait to purchase supplies when we get there. I'm sure the shops at our destination will have gear better suited to the chultan climate." Her cheerful tone returned as she changed the subject to shopping. Shopping always cheered her up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Somehow it is nostalgic to see the lewd discussion to return again to EMPIRE game.
    BIG thank you to Gengy for my fabulous avatar! ღ
    #Notallinfluencers

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Slipping away from the house before the ominous silence fell, Siward made his way along Waterdeep's streets towards the Withermore's manor. His spirits buoyed by finally having a place to start in his quest to clear his name, he was doubly glad that the walk was not a long one. Greeted by the butler, he gave the reedy man a familiar pat on the shoulder before ascending the stair to the guest wing, collecting his tremendous bearskin cloak as well as his sword and shield. Having been forced to renounce his inheritance after the dishonor of the previous month, he bore a simple soldier's blade and an unmarked shield, but for once the sight failed to dismay him. Taking the time to quickly scrawl a note of thanks to his hosts, he left the estate at a jog, eager to return and get underway.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Seeing everyone begin to square away their affairs, Bean hopped down from her chair.
    "I should settle away any lingering business to attend to as well! Douse any irons in the fire! Cut any loose threads! Pluck out any flies in the metaphorical ointment! Yes! I shall be back momentarily!"

The gnome marched purposefully out of the manor, and took a sharp right turn a few meters away from the door. She then dove into the bushes where she had dumped all of her earthly belongings, and dragged them back inside.

"There! I am ready to go!"
    Bean gestured at an overstuffed travel pack, complete with iron cooking pot, shovel, and what appeared to be miscellaneous carpenter's tools. A wound crossbow fired a bolt into the ceiling as she plopped the whole thing on the floor, eliciting a squeak of alarm from the gnome.
    "Oh! Oh dear! Your poor ceiling! I'm sorry. Oh, my. Why is everything so high up here? Maybe I can just..."
    Bean reached up at the bolt stuck in a ceiling crossbeam, and wiggled her fingers. A small cloud of hornets briefly erupted around it, buzzing angrily, before fading away into nothing.
    "Oops. I was hoping they'd lend more of a hand. Well... here!"
    She wiggled her fingers again, and a glowing hot-pink arrow manifested, hovering in mid air, pointing at the crossbow bolt.
    "Just so we don't lose track of it. Yes, that ought to do. For the moment."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Secret had sat quietly in her chair ever since Just Darion's rebuke. She had barely registered the 'dumbass' portion of it, her gut freezing at his choice of comparison. Had he seen? Did he know? Normally she would just ask if her identity would cause problems, but Gertrude... Gertrude was very powerful, what with her panoply of magic items and her casual teleportation and her contact on the other side of the planet who was a merchant prince and just throwing around sacks of fifty gold. Even deathly illness wouldn't hamper her arcane potency. If she decided to run Secret out of Waterdeep, she wouldn't be throwing farm tools and pots, she could afford to throw fireballs.

Why in the Morning Lord's infinite wisdom this woman needed their help to go grab this artifact, Secret couldn't begin to guess.

Everything she owned was already on her, since she never knew when she'd be leaving. Even so, she didn't want to go to a strange foreign land and then get run off. She'd spend years walking back. Then again, turning down a lucrative job like this now would just look suspicious. So the drow girl sat and fretted, barely moving and never speaking until the others got back.
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2018-06-26 at 12:13 AM.
    Amazing Zealot avatar by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Abandoning her lost crossbow bolt, Bean noticed the white-robed young lady sitting forlorn in a dark corner. She recalled that the uncouth Just Darion had offhandedly insulted her, and she pouted as she placed a fist on her hip. Marching over to a chair, she pulled it noisily until she was next to the mysterious waif, and climbed with some effort up onto the cushion.
    "Hello there, dear. I don't believe I caught your name. I'm Bean, as I said. You mustn't let that Darion fellow bother you. He's just a lost leaf on the wind. Humans are like that. They only have a few decades to get their retirement nest egg in order, you see. I could place this bag of coins we just received in a high-interest mutual fund and be well set by the time I was three hundred or so. But that's simply not an option for a man like him. Makes humans testy at times. High-strung.

...You're not a human, are you?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Secret did not turn to face the new arrival. Not out of rudeness, but security. Plus, she needed most of her wits to follow Bean's train of thought. "W-well, I don't know much about investment banking, but I'm sure it isn't his fault! And no, I am not human."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jack spent time reading the room, more than anything, letting Darion do the talking. She could trust that he'd have his priorities straight, at least. Anyone who could toss 50 gold to a roomful of strangers as if it were pocket change was definitely worth hearing out, to be sure. There were worse things in the world than a chance to visit exotic locales and make heaps of gold.

Unfortunately, some of those things were certainly located in Chult.

She didn't feel the need to draw attention to herself, but she gave the nod of consent. Not like she wasn't already carrying everything she owned.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Waterdeep, Gertrude Silvane's House

Sitting quietly, Gertrude watched the flames flicker, brighten, change color, and seemingly dance to the command of a higher power. As the adventurer's talked amongst themselves and gathered their equipment, she slowly rose out of her seat, and shuffled to the center of the room. Shedding the heavy clothe revealed yet more concealing clothing underneath, her gloved hands reaching out to whosoever was brave enough to stand directly next to her, and with a link established she began to chant. The world became dark, the once grandiose domicile around them replaced with a landscape of stars, blackness, and the chill of the void. As suddenly as this sidereal dimension was introduced to the party it disappeared, snapping them all back to reality, and thrusting them in an environment they had scarcely seen before.

Chapter 1: Port Nyanzaru

You appear in a tropical city under the blazing sun. The familiar sounds of a harbor―creaking ropes, slapping waves, heavy barrels rolling across cobblestones―mingle with voices shouting and cursing in an unfamiliar language filled with clicks, inhalations, and singsongy words that make it sound almost musical. The aroma of unfamiliar spices and tropical fruit mixes with the wharfside smells of fish, tar, and canvas.

Beyond all that, Port Nyanzaru is an explosion of color. Buildings are painted in bright shades of blue, green, orange, and salmon pink, or their walls are adorned with murals portraying giant reptiles and mythical heroes. Every building sports baskets and clay urns of colorful flowers or is draped in leafy, flowering vines. Minstrels in bright clothing adorned with feathers and shells perform on street corners. Multicolored pennants and sun awnings flutter atop the city walls. A crowd of children dressed in feathered hats and capes races past you, squealing in delighted terror as a street performer costumed as a big-toothed lizard stomps and roars behind them. The whole city seems to be bustling, sweating, laughing, swearing, and singing.

Composing herself after the teleportation, Gertrude looks over the party of hired adventurers, and gesticulates lightly with a single gloved hand.

"If you need a place to stay I would recommend the Thundering Lizard or Kaya's House of Repose. They should be near the Red Bazaar, south east of here." And with that she slowly began to shuffle through the harbor, most likely to the merchant prince friend she spoke of earlier.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Check the city map in the roll20
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

The fifty gold dragons hadn't bought the loyalty or sympathy of the thief, but it was a sufficient down payment on enthusiasm for the job. He glanced warily (and wearily) around his compatriots.

"We'd better stick together until we find accommodations. I know a merchant here, so I'm going to check in with him first, then we'll get lodging and then supplies."

His gaze ticked mechanically from corner to corner, looking for a man doing his best to look inconspicuous.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+7)[21] To look for thieves/scouts/information brokers

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean watched saucer-eyed with wonder as the group was teleported through mystic dimensions to places far away. The sudden blast of humidity and warmth struck her like a slap in the face, but she was all grins.

While there was a pang of sympathy for their patron as she shuffled off alone, Bean simply couldn’t contain her excitement. She bounced on her feet and clapped her hands, as a high-pitched keening sound could be heard at the limit of hearing, before coalescing in an excited squeal.

”eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEE Oh how marvelous! How exciting! I never thought I’d see such an interesting corner of the world! What should we do?”
    Darion was first to propose a course of action, to which Bean nodded sagely in agreement.
    ”Yes, we should establish a meeting point in case we split up. Can I be on the shopping team?”

The nearest vendor stall seemed to pull on her with an inexorable gravity. She sidled closer, eying whatever wares were on display with corvid curiosity.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Srirak just stared after their benefactor in silence as she disappeared into the crowd.

"That is all? Blanket Mask has no ideas beyond 'go to Chult'. I start in Chult." His crest flared up in anger and he slipped into draconic, "Why did I even go to Waterdeep? For fifty pieces of gold? So this rotting, old, softskinned **** could just warp me back with out any new goddamned information?!" He glared up at the sky, then around at his companions. Suddenly he was aware of how angry he must look. "Ah... Srirak will return," he said sheepishly.

He didn't even laugh, instead he just walked towards the water and dove in.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2018-06-27 at 02:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

Unfamiliar sights and sounds assaulted Aleandrae's senses once the Tiefling popped out of the strange but exciting star-filled void of teleportation. Once they'd appeared back on solid ground, she dusted herself off out of habit and glanced around, tail twitching with excitement. She always loved new places. As Gertrude began to shuffle away, Aleandrae trotted over alongside. "Oh, can you tell me anything about either establishment? Is there one I'm less likely to be stabbed in, for example?"

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

Darion

After a quick bit of looking around, Darion encounters some Zhentarim guards of a less than scrupulous nature, and they point him towards the Thundering Lizard near the Red Bazaar for his feline friend.

Bean

Drawn in by exotic smells, spices, and sounds Bean finds herself at a massive boxy stone temple. Various patrons of art, craft, smiths, ivory carvers, and engineers seem to flit between its loud musical halls. At the center of this simple temple is a massive fountain whose jets shift continually to create amazing shapes. Nozzles and valves can be seen moving on cams. A Chultan man in a feathery attire greets the Forest Gnome.

"Wahgwahn stranger! What brings you to the Temple of Gond?"

Srirak

The Lizardfolk's swimming is interrupted after a while by an angry sounding man in long flowing white robes. In his hands is a scepter with a glass orb at the end of it. As his angry tirade continues, Srirak bobs his head out of the water to get a more clear look at the man high above him on the dock, and upon doing a double take realizes that his man is as scaled and reptilian in appearance as the grim Cleric. His muzzle of golden scales forms a snarl as he points a finger down at Srirak.

"What do you think you're doing! Get out of those waters immediately before you cause a ship to panic and mistake you for some loose animal!" He hisses in clear Draconic.

Spoiler: The man in question
    Show

Aleandrae

Gertrude looks over at the Tiefling Archaeologist accompanying her and wheezes out "The Thunder Lizard... is a raucous place. Not dangerous, per say, but certainly much more... lively. Kaya' House of Repose is much quieter and well kept, though also more expensive. You are more than welcome to accompany me to visit my friend, Wakanga though. I am sure he would be interested in seeing new faces. Especially given my current circumstance....."
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

"Uh..." the Bard paused, unsure. She hated to be that person and run off, but...the hells with it. "Sure, I'll come along." She spoke loudly enough for the rest of the party to hear her, and she spun and waved quick. "Going with The Boss!"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    The Lizardfolk's swimming is interrupted after a while by an angry sounding man in long flowing white robes. In his hands is a scepter with a glass orb at the end of it. As his angry tirade continues, Srirak bobs his head out of the water to get a more clear look at the man high above him on the dock, and upon doing a double take realizes that his man is as scaled and reptilian in appearance as the grim Cleric. His muzzle of golden scales forms a snarl as he points a finger down at Srirak.

"What do you think you're doing! Get out of those waters immediately before you cause a ship to panic and mistake you for some loose animal!" He hisses in clear Draconic.
    At least the water was a little refreshing. Srirak looked up at the not-lizard man and nodded. "Ah, someone who can speak a true language. I needed to clear my head." He slid a bit farther through the water until he found a good spot to climb back up to the docks, then made his way back to the not-lizard. Srirak eyed the man with a bit of suspicion. "Are you a dragon?"
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2018-06-27 at 03:26 PM.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Darion screamed internally as the party began drifting apart in the one minute it took him to approach an underpaid guard and ask for the whereabouts of his smugger contact. He nodded, but turned without thanking the man. A silver coin clattered to the guard's feet.

"Tourists," he mumbled under his breath. "At least pair up so you don't get pickpocketed," he warned, returning to the group. "If you insist on exploring, fine. I am going to see a cat about a man, so I will be at the Thunder Lizard. I expect to see you all there by dusk, or else to be collected if you find accommodations elsewhere."

"And Jack?" he said with a glance behind as he moved towards the inn. "Be a lamb." There were no further instructions, but the Cant meant ironically to watch the flock while blending in.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    (1d20+3)[7] History check for Nyanzaru

Darion goes to the Thundering Lizard and locates Flask of Wine unless something catches his interest along the way.
    Last edited by Nefarion Xid; 2018-06-27 at 03:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

Srirak, Harbor

"No, I'm not a dragon, I'm a half-dragon, and more importantly I am the dockmaster of this city and your shenanigans would impede my work. Please do not do so again in the future." He preened and patted his robes straight as he stood at attention "I am Zindar. And who might you be, oh foreign mercenary? You are far indeed from the Valley of Dread."

Now directly within his presence, Srirak can very clearly see the Half Gold Dragon whispering and gesturing with his scepter every few seconds in different directions.

Aleandrae, Wakanga O'tamu's Villa

Winding her way through the colorful city, Aleandrae has barely a moment to breathe between the hustle and bustle of the thrumming streets in the city, and it takes a fair bit of effort to keep pace with the Archwizard she accompanies. A heated two person race catches her eye for a scant second, a triceratops side by side a very young Tyrannosaurus Rex, yet before she can witness its commencement she turns the corner with Gertrude into a splendid walled off community. Or what appears to be a community until at second glance Alendrae realizes this entire patch of earth is just for one villa. Its beautifully plastered walls are adorned with bright murals, patios and arcades festooned with fresh flowers, garden courtyards open to the sky, and enormous cisterns equipped with water wheels to power fountains, fans, and kinetic sculptures. Approaching the massive villa Aleandrae could see the stone walls spanned 8 to 12 feet in height, solid stone, and were adorned at the top with a plethora of sharp objects (Carnivore teeth, spikes, slivered seashells, broken shards of glittering colored glass). Soft music lilts not only from within the bowels of the resplendent home but from the very air around Alendrae, the plants, random stonework, and the murals themselves.

Finally at the precipice of the villa's door, the stairs leading up to it seemed to be covered in glowing yellow flames, and did nothing to deter or impede Gertrude who simply walked through them. Approaching them, Aleandrae realized their magical nature, and felt that they produced no heat. Walking alongside the Archmage, Aleandrae opened the door for her, and was presented with a pleasantly breezy entryway. A tiled courtyard stretched before her, with a splashing fountain and green plants being tended to by 4 heavily armed guards. They nodded their heads knowingly at Gertrude as she entered and continued to go about their duties. Gesturing to a room to the right, Gertrude wheezed

"Wakanga is a busy... man. But he is never too far from his villa. The washroom is there and the sitting room is over there. I shall rest and brace myself... It would be advisable if you did so too. Wakanga is a very... unique man. A bit of a dandy as my last apprentice put it."

And with that she entered the sitting room and began to enter a deep meditative trance on a throw pillow.

Darion, The Thundering Lizard

Maneuvering through the harbor ward with devil may care grace Just Darion sashayed past a temple that he identifies as a temple to Sune, waltzed through a resplendently ostentatious jewel market, and sidestepped through the aptly named Red Bazaar drenched in the blood of butchered dinosaurs. Strolling downhill, Darion walked alongside the face of the Thundering Lizard, whose exterior was adorned with the skeleton of a Carnosaurus, and walked to its low base. Stepping through the skull's agape jaw, Darion entered a phantasmagoria of violence and debauchery. Curses were flung across the room as readily as tej, sour surly sailors lurked in corner tables gazing out at one another in stalemate, and the atmosphere was electrically charged enough to kickstart a heart. Crooking back and forth on a chair by the bar itself was the unmistakably stupid grin of a one Flask of Wine who was accompanied by his older yet smaller sister River Mist. The two of them were 4 drinks in, if the discarded mugs on their table were any indicator, though it's a dubious notion that they would have been split evenly.

Spoiler: River Mist and Flask of Wine
    Show

Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-06-27 at 06:31 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Thundering Lizard

Darion went to the bar first and ordered three of whatever it was the catfolk were drinking. He then made his way to their table, weaving straight through the pandemonium with practiced grace. His hood went back with a shake of his head and he Riker Maneuvered into a chair opposite the two.
    Spoiler: Acrobatics
    Show

(1d20+6)[19]

"Surprise," he said without any theatrical intonation. Darion had expected to die in Waterdeep, so his sudden appearance in a port across the world would surely be auspicious. "How's tricks?"

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

The Thundering Lizard

The slow witted grey Tabaxi perked up as Darion appeared spontaneously before him "Darion!" He exclaimed "Tej!" he exclaimed again upon another round of drinks coming "YETH!" He slurred as he began to pound down two mugs of tej at once. Snickering, River Mist stared at the pale skinned man and bobbed her head towards him ""Oysters float a long ways across the ocean. I wonder why?"
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Aleandrae

She didn't think she was particularly dirty - they'd only been in the city a short while - but Aleandrae did as the other woman suggested. Entering the washroom, the Tiefling examined her clothes and gave them a good once-over with prestidigitation magic and then got down to business. After a thorough scrubbing, she pulled out her vial of perfume, giving herself several small dabs on her earlobes, neck, and wrists. Then she straightened everything, adjusting her rapier's place on her hip and coming her hair back just so, and finally slipped one of the lavender-scented soaps into her own belongings where she kept a plain but serviceable bar of unscented soap. Quickly, she reorganized her belongings, tucked her flute into a pocket, and exited into the sitting room to sit patiently (though the myriad works of art, tiles, and murals kept her attention) for any other of her party to arrive or to be admitted into the presence of the illustrious Wakanga.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Thundering Lizard

"Oh, you know me, I'm on a mission of mercy," Darion replied with a sarcastic shrug. "Some poor soul's in trouble and my bleeding heart couldn't refuse. So here I am, half way across the world, ready to traipse into the jungle and brave mortal danger for my fellow man."

He drank. Whatever tej was, it smelled like mead, tasted like mead. "Figured I'd put in a word with you before I die at the bottom of a dungeon. I'd consider it lucky if I got that far. Probably die behind a bush, ****ing out my brains from some disease I can't spell."

He drank a lot more.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Srirak, Harbor

Srirak stood very tall, as is appropriate when meeting one who deemed worthy of respect. He kept the conversation in draconic since he felt far more comfortable with it.

"I will stay out of your harbor. I am called red throat." He fanned his dewlap as if in explanation. It was indeed deep red. "You are busy so I will be short. I am on a mission from Semuanya to prevent the end of our world. He tests me so. I have no leads. Do you know of a trustworthy diviner?"
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2018-06-27 at 08:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Secret spun this way and that, not knowing who to reply to as the group split up every which way. "Alright. I-I guess I'll go to the temple district. If they keep them in districts. Maybe the Morning Lord has a shrine here." She hurried off without another word the moment she heard the rendezvous point, glad to be away from Just Da-ree-on and the rest. Everyone in this group seemed so angry all the time! Except Bean, but Bean was already deep in a temple of Gond, looking for souvenirs.

As it turned out, several allied clerics had churches in the area, but Secret was unsettled enough that she decided to do what came naturally. She went off into the market to purchase the tools and supplies necessary to build a small shrine to the Rose and Gold God and set out to the east to place it.
    Last edited by Jade_Tarem; 2018-06-27 at 10:07 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Bean wandered through the strange temple, gawking at all of the wonders with her enormous turquoise eyes. She hopped with a start when the man greeted her.

"Oh! Hello! I didn't realize this was a temple of Gond. The fountain in the center is somewhat unorthodox, isn't it? Not that I've been to many such temples. What a lovely place this is! I was lured in by the enticing sights and sounds, nothing more. I'm an adventurer! I guess! I only arrived a few minutes ago! By magic! My name is Bean! It's lovely to make your acquaintance, sir!"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Silend amid the chaos of the group's scattered missions, Siward took a long moment to breathe in the fullness of this new and exotic land. Visions of half-remembered sailor tales filled his mind as the melange of a dozen spices flooded his nostrils, and he inexplicably began to laugh in the middle of the street. It was only then that he noticed his new companions going there separate ways, but it did not seem to bother him. Raising his hand, he bellowed across the crowd.

"The Thundering Lizard then! I shall endeavor to find out if any of the locals have noticed a change in the jungle! Be careful!"

He walked to the edge of the dock, planting one foot on a nearby rail and leaning over in search of Srirak.

"Especially you my friend! You never know what lurks in the deep waters!"

His conscience thus appeased, Siward turned towards the city. Adjusting the strap on his sword-belt, he finally noticed the heat and loosened the bindings on his bearskin. Leaving it to flap behind him like a grizzly cape, he made his way towards the densest sounds of life and the scent of blood, in search of the hunters of the deep jungle.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

Darion, The Thundering Lizard

As Darion explained his circumstance, Flask of Wine finished his drinking, and slowly glanced over to River Mist. The Tabaxi siblings shared a light knowing grin before turning back towards the human. "About that," "Yeah about that," Flask of Wine steadily echoed River Mist's words "We might have something for that, but..." "But, no buthineth in the Lizard. River and Flathk know better place, yeah?" The two tabaxi began to stand up from the table, their tails pointed towards the exit.

Srirak, The Royal Harbor

Upon the severity of Srirak's quest being presented to him, Zindar stopped his steady process of spellcasting, and gave the lizardfolk before him his undivided attention. "You're an adventurer. A holy shaman of Semuanya. You have my... deepest prayers to Tymora," He said in Draconic in an almost pitying manner "If it's a diviner you seek look no further than the temple of Savras over yonder. Grandfather Zitembe, the temple's head priest, wields the magics you would require."

He turned as if to walk away, then glanced over his shoulder to impart "If you need a guide through the jungle several of them leave advertisements on my bulletin board. If you need anything else, or your holy quest ends and you need a job, leave a message with one of my clerks. Walk safe scaly brethren, they may let you sit at their tables, but they will never fully accept you." And with that he sprouted a pair of golden dragon wings and took to the skies.

Secret and Jack, Old City

Quickly setting to her task Secret gathered all the prerequisite components to make a shrine to Lathander in the span of half an hour, her traveling companion revealing themselves halfway through the shopping endeavor, and the now revealed two cut their way through the north gate of Port Nyanzaru's walled exterior. Passing by the two massive crumbling stone ziggurats they quickly come to understand why nearby Chultans referred to them as the Beggars' Palaces. Shops and tenements of bamboo are jammed onto the terraces of the ziggurats in wild profusion; The upper levels are cleaner and less crowded than those near the street level. A narrow wooden bridge connects the upper levels above the press and noise of the street. Beyond and betwixt the Beggar Palace's is a massive stone lined rectangular pit swarmed with onlookers. Two guards carry a prisoner towards the mob as a chultan man shoves past Jack crying out protestations of innocence. His laments however ceased as he looked at the stranger he shoved past, then over at her companion, and then lit his eyes with a sparkle of hope.

"You two! Foreigners, yes, not a part of this madness! Please! You must help me! My husband, he's going to be executed, and he's innocent! I'll give you all the money I have just please save my Draza!"

Bean, Temple of Gond

The feathered man looked at Bean curiously at first but slowly he sat himself down next to her and spread his lips into a toothy grin. "It is good to meet you, Bean. I am Rindawan, acolyte of this temple. Our fountain is most unusual but it is still a beautiful piece of craft, yes? There are so many beautiful things to make in the world. Happy little accidents." He stood up and returned to his pottery, gesturing for Bean to join him "If you are as new as you say, and you seek many sights and sounds, then you should find yourself at the Grand Souk or the Dye Works sometime."

Aleandrae, Wakanga O'Tamu's Villa

Sitting in the resplendent waiting room, Aleandrae took note of the various swords draping the walls, blades plundered from across the world and through history itself. Lavish rugs were sprawled over the floor inbetween couches, pillows, and other luxurious accommodations. Her attention is drawn away from the room and to the entrance of the Villa however as a loud BANG sounds the front door getting slammed, uptempo musical notes fill the air, and the guards opposite of Aleandrae stand at attention. Sliding to the resting room archway, a Chultan man with braided beard leans over the portal, and rolls his back against it as he fully exposes his robed self. His eyes instantly lock on the baggy form of Gertrude.

"Gertrude you old frumpy wart, what brings you to my small corner of the universe." He spins off of the wooden beam and saunters into the room, manifesting a wooden crane he didn't possess moments ago just to gesture it at Aleandrae "And whoooooo is your well equipped friend exactly?" He inquired cheerily, his eyes narrowing as his lips form a Cheshire like grin.

Spoiler: Wakanga O'Tamu
    Show

Siward, The Grand Coliseum

Cursory investigation and asking around unveils to Siward that the entirety of Sellswords and Guides who do business (proper business) in the city are under Merchant Prince Jobal's financial control. These warriors and pathfinders make up the vast majority of jungle hunters within the city itself. Though meeting with the merchant prince directly is ill-advised, many of his warriors spend time observing or practicing outside of the grand stone coliseum that dominates the surrounding land. Practice swords clash, yklwa's are tossed, and jeers are intermingled with laughter amidst the various loitering hunters.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-06-28 at 12:22 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Confident that he'd found a haven for kindred spirits, Siward strode boldly to the edge of the practice field. He chose one bout to watch, observing the dance of footwork and feint until a victor was finally decided, then turned the nearest mercenary.

"Good day, friend. Would one of you gentlemen indulge a traveler in a practice bout? It's been some time and I fear my skills are a bit rusty."

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Port Nyanzaru

Siward, the Grand Coliseum

The surrounding mercenaries look at Siward with crooked eyes. The albino dwarf standing next to him, decorated in armor, looked up at the much taller human before dropping his gaze to his zhentarim compatriots. They all began to laugh, heartily at first, until it extends slightly too long, and finally dies down with the dwarf itself.

“Sure thing, I could use the practice on something other than a honker.”

He took an aggressive stance with his axe.

Lyndal, The Grand Souk

As the party dispersed Lyndal found herself isolated in the heart of the thumping city, and instinctively found herself amidst the largest collection of coin and resources she had seen her whole life over. Good draconic instincts.

Spoiler: The Grand Souk Wares
    Show

Anything within the phb at market price, though some more exotic things like elephants are unavailable (though many merchants make note of their willingness to take special orders). All poisons in the dmg and adamantine from Xanathar's can be found too.

Special regional items for sale:
    +1 Ammunition (Per Piece) 50 gp
    +1 Wooden Shields 450 GP
    +1 Dagger or Yklwa 500 GP
    Flying monkey, giant lizard, hadrosaurus 100 GP
    Ankylosaurus, deinonychus, or flying snake 250 GP
    Triceratops 500 GP
    Canoe 50 GP
    Block of insect repellent 1SP
    Gourd of Insect Repellent 1 GP
    Rain Catcher 1 GP
    Menga Leaves (1 Ounce) 2 GP: Eat 1 ounce to regain 1 HP. If a creature ingests more than 5 ounces in a 24 hour period gains no additional benefit and must succeed on a dc 11 constitution saving throw or fall unconscious for 1 hour. The unconscious creature awakens if it takes at least 5 damage on one turn.
    Ryath Root 50 GP: Ingest to gain 2d4 temporary hp. A creature that consumes more than one ryath root in a 24 hour period must succeed on a dc 13 constitution saving throw or suffer the poisoned condition for 1 hour.
    Sinda Berries (10) 5GP: Consuming 10 Sinda berries grants advantage on saving throws against disease and poison for the next 24 hours.
    Wildroot 25GP: Rubbing wildroot on a poisoned wound removes the poisoned condition from a creature. Once used the wildroot loses this property.
    Wukka Nut 1GP: When shaken a wukka nut sheds bright light to 10 feet and dim light an additional 10 feet. This magical light fades after 1 minute, but shaking the nut again causes the light to reappear. If te shell of the nut is cracked open, it loses its magic.
    Yachha 1 GP: A slow moving harmless meaty beetle that feeds on worms and maggots. It moves slowly and is easy to catch. A creature with mad monkey fever that eats a raw or cooked yahcha can immediately make a saving throw with advantage against the disease.
    Zabou 10 GP: Mushrooms that release spores within a 10 foot radius sphere if crushed or struck. Can also be urled up to 30 feet away or dropped like a grenade, releasing its cloud of spores on impact. Any creature in that area must succeed on a dc 10 constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. The poisoned creature's skin itchs for the duration. The creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2018-06-28 at 12:13 PM.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Siward

Looking the dwarf up and down with an appreciative eye, Siward either didn't notice or didn't care about the overlong laughter. Lowering his bearskin to the nearest seat, he began to work the knots on his doublet.

"The axe man, friend? A good choice. I've known many fine reavers who favored the axe."

He pulled his doublet clear, followed by his fine shirt. Muscles rippled on his tall frame, and he took a moment to stretch out. Finally free of the constraints of his clothes, everything began to pop.

"Ah! That's better."

His sword emerged from its worn leather scabbard with a slow hiss, gripped in stiff fingers that were fast remembering the feel of salt-kissed leather. He hammered his crossguard against the steel rim of his black-faced circular shield before moving into the nearest combat circle with a salute.

"Siward Alfson faces you, sir! Fight with honor, for Tempus' pleasure!"

Spoiler
    Show

If one were on drugs.