New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

Frank

[Outgoing Message to Lone Star Ground Unit]
    [Was listening to your dispatches and our call came in right after the sniper took the shot; so whoever that was.]

While he talks with whoever's in charge at the scene Frank pulls up maps of the area to check for any suitable landing areas. More specifically he looks to see if it would be possible to land on the roof and enter the bank that way.

"[Oh, and I just had a lovley thought. There's bound to be a few more robbers in the bank right? Who'd like to get away quickly right? And we're in a nice, fast, armored flying vehicle? I think we might have some angry guests trying to take Kitty away soon.]"

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

11:18
    Condition - serious 9:20

[Incoming message from Lone Star Ground Unit]
    [Unit 2A78G: then it's either a perp or a hostage inside the building. either way, you're probably screwed on your 10 minutes. since you're gonna have to do some of our job anyway i'll give you a sitrep. four perps inside the building on the fourth floor. six to eight hostages. i've been told one of the hostages is a bank vp who was working late. the rest are her assistant and some janitors. one of them tripped the alarm. perps went dreknuts started shooting clipped a couple took hostages. your guy is probably either the perp or the hostage he was using as a shield. we've got them pinned down for now with snipers. they're keeping their heads down and not shooting. just about to give the go to our guys on the third and fifth. what's your eta? maybe we can coordinate.]
    [ETA to client location: 1:24] (Kitty transmits this to the LS guy)
    [Unit 2A78G: we can probably wait that long. how do your guys feel about jumping out of your copter into a shot up window on the fourth floor?]

The building is 12 stories tall and has a helipad, though the map shows two black dots over it, so there may well not be any space to land there.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty frowns [So it comes down to rappeling. Hrm, not something i'm having much experience with. Can't be helped.]

With another grunt, he starts to load his weapons again.

[Say.... are there any protocols for rearming during a mission ?]

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Yes, Grunty. Often and quickly. At least the bricks and broken glass won't burn too much if I have to get creative and torch the place." Gatto manages to say this with a completely straight face, then starts strapping herself into her rappeling gear. Once she's set, she turns on the kitty-o-vision again and watches the direction of the building.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty looks at Gatto with a puzzled expression for a moment, then opens his mouth as if to say something, but finally decides against it.

Instead he just shrugs with a grunt and waits for the action to commence.

Lycar

6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial frowns deeply. "Ya know, I would much prefer to see if there's another way into the building," he says. "Lets just say I'm all about not becoming a client... and not so much on the whole rappelling thing..." He peers out of the helecopter towards the building.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[As the heavy weapon guy, i ought to go front on this. But it's been ages since i've done any rappeling. Dunno if i can pull it off or end up as road pizza....] Gregory subvocalizes with a grunt.

[Either way, we need to figure out if we want to announce ourselves or charge in. In which case they will send a lot of lead our way. Suppose, if we get the drop on them i could try and hold the rappeling rope for a moment for another guy to follow along. It's just a bit hard to fire an assault rifle single-handed.]

After a moment of thought he adds.

[Or maybe it's better when we go two at a time. Mig can hold the line for Brachial and i'll just do what i'm good at: Send a lot of bullets perp-ways.]

Lycar

8. - Top - End - #308

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial eyes the building unhappily. [Whatever we do, lets do it,] he sends, looking unsure. [Can you get us as close as you can?] he asks, looking up towards the pilot. [I want to at least scrape the building as I fall to my death,] he adds, standing and gathering the first aide kit again. He checks it quickly making sure it has everything he'll needs. He tosses in a couple extra slap patches then closes his eyes for a few moments before nodding to the others.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-11-13 at 05:45 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty just goes about to don the rappeling gear, shifts his gear around a bit until he's satisfied with the loadout and then proceeds to open the side door, get himself attached to the grip outside and steps out on the landing strut.

[Ready.]

Lycar

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"Oh, for the," she says, watching Grunty prepare to rappel out of the chopper. She fishes around in her pack she had slipped from under her coat before the ganger incident and pulls out a grapple gun, loading one of the Docwagon rope lines into it, before aiming into the building. [Hotdog, can you hold this thing steady until we're in? I can release the line once we're off it. Who all's going anyway?]
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

11. - Top - End - #311

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Winces slightly, leaning against his seat for a moment before opening his eyes. He turns and raises an eyebrow towards Mig as she loads the rope into the grappling gun. "Nice," he says with a slight chuckle. "Always good when people bring the right tools for the job," he adds, raising his eyebrow slightly at Mig before looking towards the building and squinting at the window. [There's a corner office there,] he says as he points at the shot out window. [There's people inside though. Not all will be happy to see us probably.]

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[They will like it.. or else....] Grunty replies with a tusky grin as he pats his assault rifle.

After a last moment of contemplation, Gregory fired up his reflex boosters. It still felt.. unnatural. But it gave him an edge. And given the kind of opposition they would be facing, he would need every bit of edge he could muster.

[Ready when you are.

Lycar

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

11:20
    Condition serious - 7:50

Frank syncs up times with the ground commander and has Kitty pipe the feed to everyone so you all can move with the Star. If you're lucky, they should be distracting enough that you can move in without too much trouble.

Keeping Kitty just a little away from the building until the go command is given, Frank then swoops the copter up at full speed. [Everybody hold on] It looks a great deal like he's going to slam right into the corner office Brachial indicated, but then the copter turns up on its side. If the windows were still there, the bottom rails of the copter would be scraping it. As it is, he's managed to position it so there's a half meter gap between the floor of the copter and the building.

But the copter isn't still. Kitty clearly doesn't want to stay in this position for long.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, two people can jump through the door at once. You get one round with a jump so easy no roll needs to be made. Then the copter is going to peel away and it'll be two rounds before Frank can get close enough for anyone to even consider jumping again, easy or not. So, you all need to make a very quick decision of who goes now and who stays until the next pass.

And that's a 7 success Pilot check, if anyone wants to know. It may or may not happen again.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto watches the others, waiting for someone to make a move. When they don't, she shrugs, stretches her fingers, and prepares to jump. "Unless one of you shooty types wants to go first...?" If neither of them go, she hops in first. If one does, she hops in second.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

The Japanese elf jump at the same time as the mage, taking her bag of tricks with her, and slinging it under her coat, with one hand while she has a pistol out with the other.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty readies himself to make the jump as soon as possible. He quirks an eyebrow as Gatto moves up next to Mig for the first go, but then just shrugs it off.

(... mages...)

Instead he prepares for the next opportunity.

[OKay Brachial, seems like it's you and me on the next go.]

Lycar

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Condition serious - 7:47

The women shoulder Grunty aside and jump for it, both landing almost half a meter into the room. They land on broken glass, but the crunch sound this creates is completely overwhelmed by the thumping of Kitty's rotors, the shouting coming from the other end of the office and beyond it, some assorted crashing noises in that general direction, and the gunshots echoing all around.

There are spotlights shining in from the ground outside onto this spot, which is the only real source of light available at the moment. The room is fairly large and looks like some kind of conference room or maybe a sweet corner office. Furniture has been stacked and turned onto its sides at the far end to provide some amount of cover from the windows.

A leg wearing a high heeled shoe (and apparently nothing else) is visible to its lower thigh through the doorway, though no attached body or second leg is. The leg doesn't have any apparent blood on it. Mig and Gatto can see muzzle flashes through the doorway, but there aren't any windows in this room besides the ones they just jumped through. There is no obvious cover here aside from the overturned furniture. The room does have a bank of cabinets along the inside wall to your right. There are papers everywhere, and the wind is blowing fairly swiftly through here. The area beyond the doorway has some overturned furniture, also.

Muzzle flashes from the just visible barrel of a gun peeking out from the right side edge of the furniture barricade can be seen as it fires into the the room beyond this one. Judging by its height, whoever is shooting it is probably lying on the floor

Frank gets a rather expletive-heavy exclamation from the ground commander that seems to be his method of expressing how impressed he is by the copter maneuver as Kitty continues the motion and swings around and away from the building. There is a small explosion that sounds like it came from farther into the building, and some automatic gunfire.

Map
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-11-16 at 07:01 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial smirks as the two jump out, pushing past Grunty. He turns and smacks his fist against the front of a cabinet which causes it to pop open. He pulls a grappling gun of his own out of the cabinet. With it he pulls out a pair of gloves and begins to pull them on, readying himself for the next available jump. [Try to leave some for us,] he sends out, then pauses. [On second though, keep them to yourself... All yours.]

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Once they land, Mig wastes no time in slipping on a pair of glasses and giving the room another once-over. She crosses the room (to F13) with the one pistol aimed towards the door, looking to see what may be going on outside, but using the furniture for cover. If there's no immediate threat, she'll pull the second pistol, and swap the clip for one with gel rounds, and wave Gatto over.

Speaking into her (subvocal) mike, she says, [Hotdog, can you give me a line on what the Star's doing? I'd like to steer clear of shooting any cops, you know? And Brachial, do you want us to hold here for you, or get moving?]

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto follows Mig across the room crouching low to the floor, her eyes slitted and taking in everything around her.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Condition serious - 7:44

As Mig moves up, the gunfire continues, and the gun just at the edge of the furniture barricade fires into the other room. There was plenty of initial shouting, but then, it is just guns firing. The owner of the leg seems to be sprawled on the floor, and the position looks extremely uncomfortable. If she's alive, she is definitely unconscious. The woman is wearing a business suit, with the skirt hiked up. She's wearing light colored lace underwear.

As Mig and Gatto get up to the barricade, a figure dashes in through the doorway, diving for the space behind the barricade. Gunshots fly through the door, chasing him. "We are so fragged. Caroline, are you still with us? Drek. She's not dead, right? Wounded they'll take, but dead and we're fragged twice over."

"No, she's not dead, but who cares? How the frag are we gonna get out of here? Cops up the wazoo. And only three hostages left."

The gun there stops shooting, there is a small ping noise, and an arm throws something through the doorway. Then the gun starts shooting again.

"Maybe if I go out there? I can explain."
    - this voice is female.

"They'll cut you down, hon. It's too late for that. Star is just shooting without looking now."

--

Kitty swings in a good sized arc on the way to return so Grunty and Brachial can jump for it. A Star copter swoops in and shines a bright spotlight right into the building, illuminating Mig and Gatto perfectly. A speaker on it announces:
    "You are surrounded. There is no way out. Surrender immediately. This is your last chance."

Spoiler
    Show
    The Star copter is completely in the way for Kitty's return trip. If Frank shifts trajectory to use the other side of the corner of the building, it will add an extra round.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Grunty just rolls his eyes with a grunt as Hotdog pulls up to aviod crashing into the 'star helo.

(Great. 'nother fine example of inter-service cooperation... didn't i get enough of this in the army ?)

[Hotdog, can you get us at the other side of that corner? No splitting up the team !]

[Peachy. Mig, Gatto, keep yer heads down, we'll take a bit to join you.]

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-11-17 at 11:36 AM.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

About to make a comment to the people behind the barricade, Mig's cut off when the Star copter picks her and Gatto out. She changes the comm to Lone Star's typical frequency and speaks (subvocally), with annoyance in her tone, [Hey, we're supposed to be on the same side here.] She points at the DocSagon logo on her uniform, with her pistol. [We're DocWagon, so how about doing your job and letting us do ours? You can blow the building up for all I care once we're out of here.]

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto growls under her breath, turning to look at the coptor with still-slitted eyes. Her hand begins to lift as if she is about to, say, throw fire at them, but she manages to choke her anger back down. When Mig indicates her DocWagon patch, Gatto briefly does the same, then turns back to the other side of the room to see if there has been any other reaction to Lone Star's appearance.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Condition serious - 7:41

"This is your final warning. Put the guns down, show yourselves, and surrender."

Mig gets a message back. [Not talking to you, hon. We know the fraggers are behind that furniture. You babes can get your job done before we start shooting again.]

An explosion from the other room rocks the place a little, and some dust blows in briefly through the doorway.
    "Frag this. I didn't bring this thing for show."

"Did you get through to Brink yet?"

"Yeah, on the line with him now. He's on his way. Frag me, watch where you put the butt end of that thing!"

Right between Mig and Gatto, a guy with a missile launcher pops up and shoots it. It looks a lot like he lets the recoil of the thing knock him to the floor on purpose.

The noise from the launcher is more than enough to get anyone's attention, and a missile streaks out at the helicopter, hitting it and punching a hole in the side.

"You guys are DocWagon, right?" The voice comes from right there, where the guy with the launcher must have fallen on his butt.

The Lone Star helicopter explodes.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Dodging helicopter debris Mig says, "Yes, we're DocWagon. Going to let us through to pick up our client, or do we have to do this the hard way?"

27. - Top - End - #327

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial winces and steps away from the open door of the chopper as the Lone Star chopper explodes. [Gatto, Mig!] He sends over the comm. [Are you two alright in there?] He moves back closer to the door, peering over as he raises his hand, attempting to shield himself from whatever might fly up at their chopper. He glances over to Grunty with a slightly worried look on his face.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Great. Those bozos are either on BTL or desperate. Either way... ] Gregory replies with a grunt.

[Mig, Gatto, keep yer heads down, maybe we can distract them somehow.]

Grunty hangs on the handhold with one hand, waiting for Frank to bring the chopper into position again, his cybernetically enhanced reflexes stretching every passing second into a tiny slice of infinity.

(Come ooooon! Move this thing! The next missile might hit us... or one of the girls.... )

Lycar

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

"Crap-tastic."

"No, ma'am. We are not gonna get in your way."

"Yeah, we only shoot cops. Don't suppose you'd mind taking these hostages so they don't get blown up by the Star?"

The one with the gun is still shooting into the other room.

--

Frank avoids the explosion deftly, though the shockwave rocks the copter a little in mid-air. It seems to actually somehow push Kitty in the right direction, making an approach suddenly available sooner than expected. Frank isn't able to pull off the approach with exactly the same finesse as the first time, but Brachial and Grunty are able to make the jump. Brachial catches his leg on a shard of glass sticking up, which causes him to land face-first, slashing a rip in the calf of his uniform. Catching himself with his hands, he impales his left palm on a small shard of glass. Grunty lands without slipping, but with little grace.

[Incoming message from Lone Star Ground Unit]
    [Unit 2A78G: you people get your guy then get the frag out of there. these fraggers are going down. hard.]

Spoiler
    Show
    Brachial and Grunty are in B20 & 21, respectively. Brachial takes one box of physical damage.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Brach isn't here to stop me... Hmmm... [Mig, I think that some of the people back there need to have their wounds cauterized. What do you think?] Gatto chuckles under her breath and turns her slitted eyes back towards the back of the room, trying to determine how many people there are back there.