New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

A white contact appears on the north edge of the map:
    Candygram - AuburnG03

[Unit 1A47G: 318 updated to 107 in pursuit on foot request backup]
    [LSDispatch: unit 1A46G, unit 1A28G assist unit 1A47G with pursuit southbound on Greendale]
    [Unit 1A46G: copy that en route to assist pursuit]
    [Unit 1A28G: copy that moving]
    [LSDispatch: Unit 5A13G respond to report of possible 201 1352 Westminster, apt 4]
    [Unit 5A13G: copy that responding to possible 201 1352 Westminster, apt 4]
    [Unit 3A01A: 090 updated to 107 on foot spotlighted request ground backup]
    [LSDispatch: unit 3A12G assist unit 3A01A with pursuit northbound on Hargrove]
    [Unit 3A12G: copy that joining pursuit]
    [Unit 1A15G: reporting 467 north side Tapps]
    [LSDispatch: unit 1A15G confirm 467]
    [Unit 1A15G: 467 confirmed body is in at least 7 pieces]

The feed cuts out here.

9:10pm

A bright orange flashing dot appears on the map with the following:
    Condition critical – 10:00:00
    The dot is about 5km to the northeast, in a road intersection. The numbers at the end are a timer, counting down from 10 minutes.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Kitty to Retrieval]
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-09-14 at 06:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"That's our cue, gang." Gatto turns in her seat, much more business-like and begins to prepare for the extraction.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory reads Franks message and gives off a kind of satisfied grunt before typing back [Good idea. Gotta keep your eyes where trouble may come from.]

EDIT: When the call comes, Gregory perks up, tensing. "Whats that ? Do we have an emergency ?"

(All right. Lunch break's over. Back to work. Wonder what that will be. Maybe just a traffic accident. Or an Ancients-induced-accident. Heh.)

Lycar
    Last edited by Lycar; 2007-09-14 at 07:28 PM.
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

Frank starts accelarating and banks so they're heading towards the client. He continues to accelarate until they're going 100 kph.

"[Should be able to land on the road; but prepare to rappel down if it's too hot down there.]"

[Kitty, based on the map double check and make sure there is enough room for us land on the road.]

Frank activates his thermographic vision and his vision magnification; trying to see what's going on at the scene from as far away as possible.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles. "Now why would I need a teenage girl who can't tell me how much a soy-bar is?" he asks as he closes a drawer. [You'ld be surprised how many clients visit shacks and get involved in those,] he adds to Frank as he drops back down into his seat.

As the signal goes off he sits up and looks to the map. "Showtime," he says, grinning slightly as he loops his harness around his shoulder. "Time to show what you guys know."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

As soon as the call comes in and the chopper changes direction, Mig slides a pair of glasses onto her face, pulls both her pistols, turns off the safety, and reholsters them. She then starts to gear up for rappelling if needed, although she remains clear of the rope just now. "I'll be one step behind you," she says to Gregory.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory nods to Mig as he proceeds to prepare himself. Taking the grenade magazinee and a clip of gel rounds out of his pockets, he inserts them both into the assualt rifle, keeping the safety on and refraining from chambering a round so far.

"Good. Just call me Grunty. Everybody else did."

Feeling over the other pockets on his suit, to ensure what he put in there still is there, Gregory mentally prpares himself. It's always those minutes just before you go into action that are the worst. He takes the rifles grip to test the skinlink on the smartgun, finding it and the image link to work properly.

Not that he really expected otherwise but procedure is to check all gear just before deployment. Habits.

Lycar

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

9:14pm
    Condition critical - 06:02:33

It takes a few minutes to get to the location. Before the map is centered on the orange dot, Frank can make out some smoke rising from that location. Once you reach a half click away, it looks like the floor of the copter drops out. Everyone can see through the floor to the scene below. Zooming up a four lane street, everything seems perfectly fine. Right up until the orange dot is centered.

The scene below shows an auto accident of some kind. Two vehicles have apparently collided, and one of them is on fire. There is a group of four motorcycles, one of which has a sidecar, and two of which are carrying two riders each, arrayed around the pair of cars on one side, and a person lying on the ground between both vehicles. A few other cars and trucks are in the vicinity, as well.

[The intersection is large enough to land in, but skew towards the south parking lot, please.]

{
    Map

The building in the lower right corner with the helicopter pad is a red zone, but the rest is either not colored or blue. You are coming from the left, and are about 60 meters up.
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-09-15 at 07:07 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory takes in the scene and frowns, giving his rifle the mental command to charge the firing chambers of both rifle and launcher component.

[Pilot, can you zoom in on the riders ? Maybe they are go-gangers.]

He turns to Brachial "Heh, just how keen are you guys on getting all the ammo back ? Cause i feel like feeding them a gas 'nade here."

A moment later he adds "Err... sorry, forget we are civil now... ask first, then shoot, right."

Lycar

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

[Which one's the client? The one on the ground, or is there someone in the burning car, or is it someone else?] she asks while scanning the area, particularly the motorbikes, activating the vision magnification on her glasses. To the group in the back with her she adds, "Have we any fire extinguishers on board?"

(Buying 2 hits on Knowledge: Seattle Go-gangs.)
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

11. - Top - End - #71

[Right Kitty. And try and zoom in the picture on the men on the motorcycles; need to see if they're hostiles.]

"[Attempting to get a better visual on the possible gangers.]"

As it didn't seem to dangerous to land, Frank began to bring the helicopter down. He planned on landing partway on the parking lot without a chainlink fence, and partway on the road.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto's eyes slit again and she begins looking all around.

((I'm looking for anything on the astral near the accident.))

13. - Top - End - #73

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial stands again, bracing himself against the ceiling as he grabs a few things from the drawers, then moves to the door of the helicopter as he slips a pair of wrap around sunglasses on. He crouches near the front of the door, finding a good place to grab on, then opens the door, looking towards the accident scene.

((Using vision magification and enhancement to see if the people on the bikes are looking hostile as they descend.

Picked up: Trama patch, Biomonitor and a first aid kit.))
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

9:14pm
    Condition critical - 5:44:11

The map on the divider zooms in, but the vehicles and people are not displayed. Looking between the view through the floor and the map, though, the location of the orange dot makes it seem clear that the person lying on the ground is the client.

[I do not have any cameras, just map layouts. The view through the floor is not a camera image.]

The people on the bikes seem to be getting off the bikes. There are six of them in total. Two are trolls, two are orks, and two are humans. The trolls both stand back, staying close to their bikes, while the humans and orks seem to be heading towards the person on the ground. One of the trolls points upwards as the copter starts to descend, and the humans and orks start running towards the body. You are 50 meters up.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory takes in the situation and comes to a conclusion.

"They are after our package. We need to act fast. Pilot, bring us down fast, and lets open the door. Time to suppress the enemy."

Gregory unbuckles from the seat and prepares to open fire on the presumed hostiles. Taking a deep breath he activates his cybernetic reflex enhancers.

(I'll never get used to this... it's so.. alien... but if that's the price to pay...)

Lycar

16. - Top - End - #76

"[Coming in fast, brace for impact]"

Frank slows down enough so they don't crash, but attempts to land as fast as possible.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

Sliding the door open as the copter descends, Mig draws one of her pistols, firing a shot at one of the human gangers. (16 dice, called shot to the head, Ares Predator IV, gel round. Whatever distance modifier is necessary.) "Let's see if we can scare them off," she says.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto settles back into her seat and buckles in tightly. She grins at the team. "Good luck team. Let's do this. Oh, and leave the rat to me." Her pupils slit, then she slumps apparently unconscious in her seat.

((I'm going astral and calling in my spirit, just in case I need his help.))

Gatto flies out the door, then angles down towards the accident, trying to come in behind the rat shaman without drawing attention to herself.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory gets into position to jump out of the chopper just the moment before it hits the ground. Also he is readying the grenade launcher to fire a gas grenade just behind the trolls, so that the casualty should not be affected, even if the grenade scatters a bit short.

"Gas 'nade on the trolls, prepare for assault !"

Lycar

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

9:13pm
    05:40:40

The copter goes straight down, like an elevator to hell. Gregory fires a gas grenade, and it hits about 2 meters shy of where he was aiming for, but skips and rolls to end up in the precise location he wanted. Mig grabs the handle on the outside of the copter and takes a shot at one of the humans. The shot hits the asphalt a couple of steps in front of the ganger, who stops in his tracks and rolls to the side, taking cover behind the burning car.

The troll farther back, who, if style of clothing is any indication, is female, seems to be concentrating on something, looking intently at the area of the crash. A shimmering, translucent wall has formed next to the burning vehicle. Though you cannot tell for certain from this angle, it looks like the wall is actually shielding your client from the fire. The other troll pulls an SMG and points it in your general direction and begins spraying bullets at the copter. Kitty's armor plating doesn't seem to have a problem deflecting the shots, and no one is tagged by any of them. The remaining human and two orks just dive for cover behind the two cars.

The copter lands as Gatto's astral form flies invisibly around behind the trolls. Brachial waits for there to be a hole for him to move through. Gregory hops out of the copter just before it touches down, lifting his weapon and returning the favor of a spray of bullets back at the trolls. His grenade pops and starts shooting gas into the air, causing both trolls and one of the humans {#1} to start coughing and hacking. The bullets spraying in that area also manage to tag the male troll, though he seems more affected by the gas than the lead.

{
    Combat has begun. See OOC.
    }

21. - Top - End - #81

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial frowns slightly, moving quickly as he can to Mig's seat and folds it upward and pulls open a panel to the side. He reaches in and pulls out a fire extinguisher and begins to ready it.

[Hey Hotdog,] he sends out as he looks up toward Frank. [May want to get on the loudspeaker and announce ourselves at this point, you know, the whole 'We're docwagon, stand down or we're here for the client, not you' spiel]
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-09-17 at 12:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

Rapidly pulling her second pistol (bought the successes on the quick draw and fire), Mig begins firing with both weapons, picking alternate targets. She stays in the chopper for now, letting Grunty take point. (Firing one pistol per simple action, the one with real bullets is directed at one of the orks, calling shots to the legs-- she's out to wound/scare off, not kill. The one with gel bullets she's aiming at one of the humans, again targeting the head. Rinse and repeat unless something significant changes.)
    Last edited by DarkLadyOfTheSith; 2007-09-17 at 10:40 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

After making a recon of the accident scene and checking to see if the rat shaman has any active foci she can attack, Gatto head back to her body.

Once back in the physical, Gatto moves out of the helicoptor quietly and quickly, trying to get the rat shaman into her line of sight before casting Chaotic World centered on her.
    Last edited by McSherrie; 2007-09-17 at 07:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84

"[Of course Brachial, just making sure we didn't crash first.]"

Piping his voice into the loudspeaker Frank announces, "This is DocWagon. Do not hinder us in our mission to pick up our client. We are authorized to use deadly force."

Unholstering his pistol, Frank turns so he's facing towards the door but takes no other actions yet.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

After regaining his footing after the jump and firing off a greeting salvo of gel round (and remembering that he now only has 42 rounds before he needs to reload), Gregory decides to press the advance before the enemy has time to dig in.

[Charging enemy positon, crap, they are on the package !]

Lycar

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

9:15pm
    05:37:51

Mig pulls her second gun and continues to fire from inside the copter. her first shot pelts the closest human in the head, and the blow knocks him to the ground, where he hits pretty hard. He puts a hand up where the gel round hit on his shaved head, and stares at the asphalt for a moment. With a now clean shot, Mig fires her other gun into the meat of the nearest ork's leg, buckling it out from under him. He tumbles to the ground, whacking his head pretty hard on the street.

Gatto swoops around the fight, taking everything in, then zips back to the copter. The male troll, coughing and spluttering and holding his head with one hand, shouts in a very deep voice, "Fragging Dockies! Get the frag outta here!" He gets back on the largest of the bikes. The glowing wall protecting the client from the car fire drops, and the female troll, staggering a little drunkenly, climbs onto the bike with the male troll.

The two unwounded gangers, both apparently female, rush up to assist the two wounded gangers. The human woman holds up a fully chromed hand in something of a surrendering gesture. "Hey! We're goin'! Stop shootin'! He's yers!"

Just about this time, Brachial has the fire extinguisher out and Gregory is dashing over to the cars. The fire in the one car could explode into a fireball at any moment. There are two adults in the non-burning car, both bloody and looking to have several broken bones.

{
    combat over, but time still ticking...
    }
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-09-17 at 08:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Brachial! Hurry! His aura's getting ready to fly the coop!" I wonder why it is that the rat was trying to shield our boy...

Gatto perceives again, looking specifically at the lot surrounded by the chain link fence, trying to ascertain if there are any other immediate threats. She continues to move slowly towards the accident site.

28. - Top - End - #88

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial jumps out of the helecoptor and runs at top speed towards the accident scene, skirting around the back side of the car to avoid the gas cloud. As he passes Grunt, he drops the fire extinguisher at the orc's feet. "I'd like to not burn, if possible," he yells as he circles the end of the vehicle and gets to the client, shielding his face with an arm. He immediately begins working.

"Congratulations," he says as he works. "Your investment just paid off."

[Time of beginning of care: 9:16. Get that fire out!]

((Assuming I'd be using the First Aid skill with whatever bonus the first aid kit would be giving me. :) ))
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-09-17 at 09:52 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory was just about to pop up and spray the gangers with another volley of fire when Brachial dropped the extinguisher and the gangers decided to screw this and bugger off.

Suppressing his military ingrained reflex to shoot them anyway, he gives an affirmative grunt, shoulders the weapon and picks up the extinguisher to give some anti-fire support to the medic.

Lycar

30. - Top - End - #90

"[They didn't put up much of a fight. Either they're cowards; or they might know that someone worse is coming. Keep yours eyes up for possible incoming threats.]"

Erring on the side of caution, Frank holsters his Ares Predator and removes from beneath his seat the Ares Alpha. He scans everywhere he can see looking for anything amiss.