New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: DocWagon Seattle First Response (Auburn)

Grunty nods at Brachial and swallows the pills. After a minute or so, the effect of the painkillers kicks in, leaving the pain in his back dulled. Nothing he isn't used to.

[Right. That should do. Thanks.]

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

10:37

"Doc says he'll be waiting. Slow night."

"Good. I gotta meet some more people later." Frog props himself up just enough so he can see the other people in the copter. "You guys still going to be on call at 1 this morning?"

The building indicated by the dot on Frank's map is three stories tall crammed into a sea of buildings that are all only two stories high. It has a large yellow circle painted on the flat roof, and he can see a figure dressed in white standing well off to the side, next to what is probably the access stairs. Kitty will fit inside the circle with room to spare.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory looks at Frog with a grunt "You guys planning on getting shot at again ? He Brachial, better give me 2 more of those pills for later then."

Lycar

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles softly. "We're up all night til 3am," he says with a shrug. "Just out in Auburn though. After that, you have to put up with Slap Patch, may whatever greater being you believe in have mercy on your soul."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

Frank

Frank shifts his attention between landing and filling out the forms. "No offense, but I hope we won't have to see you again later tonight. Seem to have some nasty people following you."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Frog snorts. "Following him," he brandishes an accusing finger at Crater, "not me. And no, I don't want to see you, either. But you kids are pretty good. Good to know you're out there."

Crater rolls his eyes. Or rather, that's what the movement of his head suggests. With featureless silver cybereyes, it's hard to tell. "I told you, they didn't follow us. However they found the meet, it wasn't by following Cracker."

"Fine, then they were able to plant a tracker on your craptastic butt."

"Geez, Frog, you get all grumpy when you get too much sugar." Crater grins and unbuckles the harness on the seat as the copter gets close to the ground. "You pick him up again," he says to Brachial with a heavy dose of mock seriousness, "no lollipops."

10:38

The copter lands in the center of the yellow circle.

[Incoming message from Lone Star Aerial unit]
    [Unit 2T01A: are you the docwagon unit that just responded to an altercation on savenwood drive in auburn?]

Frank will have to scan the maps briefly to determine this, but the answer is 'yes'.

7. - Top - End - #187

Frank

As the copter touches down, Frank turns around and says, "Bye. Try and not get shot again."

When the Lone Star unit queries him, Frank immediatly turns his attention to it.

[Outgoing message to Lone Star Aerial Unit]
    [One second, double checking my maps. ...Yes that would be us. How can I be of assitance?]
    Last edited by Leshan; 2007-10-11 at 01:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Crater jumps out of the copter as soon as the door is open. "Frog doesn't look like he needs a stretcher to me." he offers a hand to help Frog out of the copter.

An elf man runs up then, wearing a white doctor's coat. "Oh, Frog, always with the trouble." He has a light tenor voice and an infectious grin. His hair is short and bright purple, and his eyes match. Under the coat, he is wearing dark purple scrubs and combat boots. He looks to Brachial. "You get the bullet, or is it still in there?"

"Yeah, I can walk. It's not like he used any anesthetic."
    As soon as he is allowed to, Frog sits up slowly and takes help to get himself out of the copter.

[Incoming message from Lone Star Aerial unit]

[Unit 2T01A: stay where you are and prepare to be boarded and inspected]

9. - Top - End - #189

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Briachial chuckles, quickly unstrapping Frog and letting him up. "You all have fun," he says. "And don't break any laws," he adds, glancing upward and sitting back down in his chair. "It just might bring LoneStar down on you when you don't expect it." He stretches out in his seat, putting his hands behind his head.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-11 at 10:18 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

10. - Top - End - #190

Frank

[Outgoing Message to Lone Star Aerial Unit]
    [Complying with your request]

Wanting to make sure that Lone Star doesn't think they'll try and make a break for it, Frank turns off the rotars. "[Lone Star unit incoming and is going to board and inspect us.]"

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

[Might want to keep your flight attendant turned off, then.] She kicks back in her chair, waiting for the Star, mildly curious if she'll recognize anyone. "Does this happen often?" she asks Brachial and Gatto.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

12. - Top - End - #192

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial looks out the door to the doctor. "No bullet, went clear through," he says with a slight shrug. "Entry and exit wounds on him," he adds, nodding towards Frog.

"Nothing unusual for Lonestar to board and take a look around," he replies to Mig aloud, speaking loudly over the sound of the rotors. "Not all of our clients are exactly honest. We just don't get involved. Let them take their glance about."
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-11 at 02:19 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

The young woman laughs. "I don't think I've ever been in a position where 'just don't get involved' was an option. This should be novel."
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Gatto finishes the lollypop and places the stick neatly in a trash receptacle. She fishes a rectangular object out of one of her pockets, looks at it for a moment, then smile contentedly as she puts it back in her pocket. "Bring 'em on. I'm ready for my closeup, Mr deLoneStar."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

The doctor nods to Brachial with a pleasant smile. "Thank you, sir."

"Exit stage..." Frog looks around for a moment. "Right, it seems. Have a nice night, kids."

Crater nods to the doc, he nods to Crater, and they both start hoofing Frog quickly to the building.

[Incoming message from Dispatch]
    [Status change: Kitty to On Call]

One of the black map contacts gets very close just as the building's door closes behind the three men, and four ropes rather suddenly drop into view. You can all hear the thump-thump whirring of the dual rotors on the Lone Star copter overhead. As you wait, four people in full body armor with guns slung over their bodies slide down the ropes, all landing within a second of each other. Judging by their gaits, all four are men. Since they're wearing helmets, they are covered from head to toe in black, metatype is not immediately obvious, but all are big and muscular looking.

They stand for just a moment before all walking the 13 meters over to the door together. One is obviously in front and the rest have pulled their machine guns around to hold them ready for action. They move in almost perfect synchronization as a diamond formation, with the guy in the back, the tallest of them at probably 2.2 meters or so, just a little out of step. The one in front lifts the visor on his helmet as he approaches, revealing a square-jawed white human with a solid look about him.

"Hi there." His expression and tone suggest that he is used to being in authority in some fashion and likes it. A lot. "I expect you folks know the drill." He holds out a hand to Gregory, clearly expecting something to be placed in it.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Since everyone but Frank ought to know the drill... The cop is expecting weapons to be handed over and ID to be freely offered. He's also expecting everyone to get out of the copter.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Here you are, officer man." Gatto hands over her id and smiles.
    Last edited by McSherrie; 2007-10-11 at 03:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

Easing her Predators out of their holsters, she releases the clips, handing both pistols and ammo over with the necessary licensing (legal versions) and slides out of the copter. "This won't take too long, I hope," she says casually to the Star.

18. - Top - End - #198

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles and stands, pulling open his jumpsuit as he moves towards the door of the chopper. "Of course, of course." He pulls the Predator out from the holster at his hip, drops the magazine out of it and pulls back on the slide, popping the round into the air and catching it in his open palm. He then offers the pistol, open slide first, to the officer as he fishes his docwagon badge from inside his suit.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory watches most of the proceedings impassivly, perking up only as he gets a glimpse at the Lone Star cop's rappeling manouver.

Taking his cue from his companions, when the lead cop demands their weapons, he unbuckles with a grunt, gets up and offers his rifle to the cop for inspection.

"Unloaded and secured, chambers free."

He also makes sure, that his comlink is keyed to submit the proper permits and ID when queried by the police patrol.

Lycar

20. - Top - End - #200

Fank

Having no clue as to what "the drill" is, Frank mearly apes what everyone else does. He unholsters his Predator, slides his Alpha from out beneath his seat, and hands both over to the officer. Following Ritsuko he unharneses himself and climbs out of the helecopter. He keeps his hands away from his body and makes sure not to make any sudden moves. During all of this he doesn't say a thing unless one of the Lone Star officers talks to him first.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

The cop hands off weapons to the guys behind him, who let their own weapons hang by the shoulder straps and check each of yours. The cop in the back has a hand held scanner and uses it to scan everyone's ID and the weapons. The cop whose face you can actually see climbs into the copter and brandishes his own scanner, running it across all the panels.

One of the other cops lifts up his visor as he starts handing back weapons. He is an ork with dark skin, and is...ugly, even for an ork. He just looks like he fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. "Who's gonna tell us what went down?" His voice matches his looks - rough, gravelly, and a little grating.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

After giving the vets time to respond, and seeing them fail to, Mig shrugs and tersely relates the events. She gears the briefing to cover those points the Star would find of most interest about the conflict itself, although she leaves identities and descriptions out, remember her briefing on DocWagon policies earlier that day. She does point out that the on the scene death was caused by the parties involved in the conflict and not by their team.

23. - Top - End - #203

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial grins slightly, waiting and letting Mig go through. Good response, he thinks to himself and nods. "Someone got hurt with the proper tag, we went in, got the client, brought them here, and then you called." He stands with his hands clasped in front of himself, and eyebrow raised slightly as he watches the officer in the chopper to make sure he didn't mess up anything.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

The cop inside the helicopter opens two different bins and sticks his hand in each, but doesn't pull anything out.

The ork listens patiently, probably taking notes with cyberware. He nods a few times as Mig explains. "On scene death? All we found were bullets, casings, spent grenades, shrapnel, and blood. And skid marks and a pile of witnesses who saw next to nothing. Can you give us a description of any of the parties involved?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Gregory interjects "The spent CS shell was ours. To cover the retrieval. And one guy in black climbed a ladder, caught a burst and fell down. And he was dead before he cratered."

Lycar

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Mig

"No, I can't describe any of them. Sorry."

27. - Top - End - #207

AssassinGuy

Brachial

"Our job is to get in, cover ourselves and the client, and get out. The chopper was between us and the majority of the other persons there unfortunately," Brachial says. "As for ID'ing anyone, about the only thing I can really give you is the contract number. You can contact DocWagon's main offices to get any additional info we can provide."

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

The ork lifts an eyebrow at Brachial and snorts. "Fat lot of good that'll do us. You know damn well your 'main offices' won't give us jack."

"So, nobody saw nuthin', huh? Just your regular honest, hard-working upright citizen types who don't look their clients in the face and can't see in the dark. You guys are practically slot and run joytoys." The human cop jumps out of the copter and the others return everyone's weapons. "There's nothing here. We're going inside."

The four cops begin to march over to the door into the building. The one guy in back waves as he goes. Without seeing his face, it's hard to tell, but it looks like a friendly, cheerful wave.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Ritsuko

Mig reloads and holsters her pistols the moment they're back in her possession. She returns the wave of the cop in the back, wondering if whoever it is recognized her or is just being friendly. She doesn't waste any further time in getting back in the copter, though. "I always had a hard time with that arrogant attitude," she says, as she gets in. "It's not as easy as it looks."

30. - Top - End - #210

AssassinGuy

Brachial

Brachial chuckles as he takes his pistol back. "Sorry not to be more help, officers," he says with a shrug. He slots the clip and works the slide, then pulling the clip back out and shoves the previously chambered round into the top of it and reslots it into the Predator. He grins slightly as he climbs back into the helicopter and heads towards the table to fold it back into the wall.

"Yea, I have no doubt. Have to be the dominant ones in the situation after all," he says as he rolls his eyes. He moves, checking the drawers the officer pawed through to make sure everything is in place. He glances towards Mig. "You used to be one of them?"
    Last edited by Santanya; 2007-10-12 at 04:50 PM.