New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (I asked for LESS water!)

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That's been there since I think video 1 and I swear to god I made sure it's not in the rest of them! I'm so embarrassed!
    Eh, I mean, everyone makes mistakes. And if it's been there for a few videos, clearly it isn't that noticeable.

Skulls make the best noises.
    Like "clatter clatter", "breaking apart" and "AAAAAAHHHHH! HOW AM I SCREAMING WITH NO LUNGS?" (Seriously, I dunno why skeletons in games always seem to screech at you or something. I mean, I guess to emphasize unnaturalness, or something, but...)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (I asked for LESS water!)

Regarding the boss key:

I never played Phantom Hourglass, but when that mechanic came up in Kamiko (which I did get after you showed it), it worked well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Regarding the boss key:

I never played Phantom Hourglass, but when that mechanic came up in Kamiko (which I did get after you showed it), it worked well.
    Kamiko is a way different game built around shuffling orb-keys around, and it controls like a normal game so it's allowed.

4. - Top - End - #34

It's time to learn one of Phantom Hourglass's biggest mechanics today. This'll be Fun.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass [5] Phantoms

Video Length: 22:12

In this episode, we return to the Ocean King's Temple, Hourglass in hand. Ten minutes of protection against the corroding insides of the temple, which is great because that's quite a lot of time...and bad, because it makes it clear that they expect us to be in here for AWHILE. The Ocean King's Temple is one of the more...lets say controversial aspects of the game. You see, after every plot coupon being acquired (in this case, the fairy spirits) we must return and delve further into it's depths. As you may recall from the skeletons we talked to, the puzzles reset each time you leave the Temple. Because of how dangerous the corruption is, the hourglass also makes it a pretty clear timed mission (though you don't lose time in safe zones, thankfully). These two aspects together make for a frustrating, if somewhat interesting mechanic. But then the Phantoms arrive. Phantoms are invincible armour spirits that march the halls like robots, and if they spot you they'll close the doors and hunt after you at relatively high speeds, swinging their massive swords at you. They deal a LOT of damage actually, and when they hit you...you have to restart at the beginning of the room. So yes, a timed stealth mission that, due to a very poor distribution of short cuts, you have to repeat a lot every time you complete an actual dungeon. The Ocean King's Temple is KIND OF A THING.

I don't hate it, myself. But I'm not a big fan of it either. It can (and will) be done better, but for now this is what we've got. And it's...basically a finicky mess. The puzzles aren't that hard all things considered, but a few of them have problems. The attempt to make the Phantoms lead by sound just doesn't work since you WANT to lead him with a beeping switch, but the actual switch is too far away for the beeps or the hitting of it to attract him. However, if you hit it with your sword your sword will also hit the wall behind it, which IS close enough for the Phantom to hear, attracting his attention. So this part of that puzzle is basically broken and kinda sucks. There's nothing inherently WRONG with making the Phantoms react to sound, it's just...poorly implemented. Thankfully, the final floor shows us that even these invincible knights can be felled, as there are trap doors we can use to kill them! That's cool, after twoish floors of torment giving us a way to fight back. It's effective.

Other things the Ocean King's Temple does that are actually positive; you have safety pots full of safe zone goo that you can throw, and gold pots full of additional sand you can add to the hourglass. The first mechanic is a surprising one, and quite useful...if you plan using it right. I am not the best at that. The second is a further double edged sword like the hourglass itself. It's great that we can get more time for the Phantom Hourglass...but it's less great in that it shows us just how long it expects us to take for these things. And trust me, we'll be straining the Hourglass after a certain point, the Ocean King's Temple goes on for some time! Thankfully, our final floor comes up quickly, a room where we've got to bring Force Gems to their pedestals to unlock the final door. This is...fine, but much like the Boss Key being a large physical object we have to carry, it definitely feels like more busywork than anything else mechanically interesting. It's also a little stressful since you still have to stealth it up AND deal with the time limit.

With all that said and done, we finally find the second sea chart, showing us our next location, in the north-west part of the map! After we bring it back to Linebeck and blow off the dust (directly into his face, naturally) of course. With the location of the next spirit fairy found, it's time to head for our next destination! Which is Cannon Island again. Hope you all enjoyed, next time we're getting ARMED.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-09-17 at 08:07 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Memorize? Why would you do that when you have a map! (And scribble-utensil.)

I like how you're all talking outside the safe zone.

Also, the top-screen text is going to take a bit to get used to. I keep almost missing it since I don't notice it's there.

Huh. I forgot about the safety pots. Man... I have a feeling that "I forgot about..." is going to be my most spoken phrase this LP.

The reason the switch-Phantom saw you was because his cone is large enough to detect you if you're next to the switch when you make noise. Such as thwacking it with your sword. Basically, your sword makes a lot of noise. I'm not sure if it's the switch in general, or if you were too close to the wall, but I think it's the former.

I'm pretty sure there are some things that only activate when you're spotted... unless that isn't this game I'm thinking of.

Nope. Okay, there's an example of them. So, this is a point where just rushing won't necessarily work.

"I'll be happy to open the gate to where you'll probably be maimed!" Thanks, Fuzo. Appropriate name, too.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi Times (4)
    Show
    Hey...what if we...did a Zelda today. That'd be neat.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass [4] Blaaz

Video Length: 20:13

In today's exciting, if slightly shorter than average, episode of Phantom Hourglass, we continue onwards with the Fire Temple! Our first puzzle today involves hitting switches in a certain order. An order that is immediately told to us via a mural on the wall. Okay so it's not that complex a puzzle, but they're gonna get trickier! Also tricky; remembering to sweep over every subtitle in the editing program I use because oops, this one is wrong! And I had people watch these in advance and no one noticed! Thanks a bunch, friends! I was just gonna say something about oh noo enemies or whatever. Now I'm embarrassed. That aside there really isn't much LEFT to this dungeon. The final puzzle of it is realizing that...the boomerang can grab fire for whatever reason. It's a puzzle that's really only intuitive if you know that Zelda dungeons expect you to use the thing you got to interact with basically all of it, and otherwise makes no real sense.

With that said and done, and a little bit of silliness involving how to get to the big chest aside, we finally have the boss key! Where we find another...really poor decision on the creators part. the Boss Key doesn't just go in our pocket like regular keys, we have to carry it manually throughout the dungeon. This is not super bad initially, but trust me this is going to be an issue later on. What's sad is that I don't HATE this idea, it just also feels like a really bad one overall. But with Boss Key in hand, we head to the final challenge of this dungeon.

And what a challenge it is. The fiery wizard demon, Blaaz! Blaaz is an interesting first boss, splitting himself into three to start off the fight. He can shoot fireballs at us when in this form, but is otherwise harmless. The trick to beating him is noticing that, on the top screen, each Blaaz piece is marked by a horn, one to three. Boomerang them all together in that order and he'll return to his full self, stunned for a bit, letting you slash at him with your sword. In his regular form he can teleport around and summon meteors to fall on you, but little else. After awhile he'll split again, and you'll have to boomerang him again. This is a fun and interesting mechanic that makes use of the top screen in a cool way, but also has the problem of being hard to do because the boomerang follows your path exactly, and the Blaaz pieces can just shuffle around however you want. This doesn't feel BAD per say, but it can be frustrating if they keep on interrupting your perfect boomerang throw. One small leniency provided is that your boomerang actually targets Blaaz, instead of being left up to fate.

With Blaaz dead and heart piece won, the Shrine of Power has been purified! And our reward is...another fairy friend! This one is read, and a male fairy, which is quite a rarity. Leaf, spirit of Power, has joined the party. What he actually DOES will be elaborated on later, but rest assured...he does DO things. This is one of the only Zelda games where the macguffins you find in each dungeon actually matter mechanically as well as flavorfully. We meet back up with Astrid, who tells us a bit about our quest. We're gonna need to find the spirit fairies of Courage, Wisdom, and Power if we're to stand a chance of defeating the Ghost Ship. As well, we're gonna need to buff our fairies up. Those mystery orbs we've been seeing around in shops are gems we can use to power up the appropriate fairy! Astrid doesn't actually tell us how to do that beyond giving us one, and of note I'm pretty sure you can get through the game entirely without upgrading them, but I forget. Astrid also tells us one other rather important thing...our next destination is Mercay Island. The Ocean King Temple calls out to us once more.

It's time to go back to the island. We that dark knowledge in our minds, we head home Mercay. I take a brief look at ship customization but will look at and talk about that more later once we have more than one part and more than zero reasons to actually customize our ship. I'm also smart and buy a revive potion before returning to the Ocean King's Temple, just in case. We also buy a Zora Scale for Later. But finally, finally, we return to the Ocean King's Temple, wherein we learn the truth. We must delve ever deeper into the temple, we must explore it's depths. It is...the first dungeon, and the final dungeon. A massive mega-dungeon we'll need to explore. But how can we hope to do that when it tears at our very life? Well...it's time we meet the title namer. For killing Blaaz, we have been rewarded with S A N D, and with S A N D we can fill up that suspiciously hourglass shaped object at the entrance to the temple. With Oshus' guidance, we do so, and obtain the PHANTOM HOURGLASS, filled with Sands of Hours that we robbed from the corpse of a demon wizard. As long as we have sand, the hell dungeon won't kill us. And with that set up...join me next time for what will be the first of many return trips to the Ocean King's Temple. Many people consider this a bad mechanic. I...kinda do but kinda don't. We'll talk more about it later.

Because trust me. We'll have time to talk about it. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time.

Apologies for the delay! Youtube wouldn't play the video, and then I was out of time to watch, and then it wouldn't play the video AGAIN...moving on...

I have a shop near me that fixes things like broken mics on 3DS'. You must have something like that somewhere you can send it to right?

Nice that you can pick up keys with the boomerang! It's interesting that you're opening the door it goes to from the back rather than the front though...And then a repeated text line from Zodi? I wonder what it was supposed to say now....

Interesting that the boomerang carries fire! Now the question is, is there anything that the boomerang CAN'T carry in this game? We know it can't lock onto enemies...honestly, the only thing that gap needed was the orb you needed to hit being visible from the hall, and you would have been good. That said, whats the range of a boomerang? Just how far can you scout?

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I...oh wrong franchise? Sorry...A fire fairy named leaf...interesting?

There's no restoration fairies?! That's a first! You really MIGHT die in this game. Don't die Zodi! I believe! Interesting, a Zora scale? I thought all the Zoras evolved into Rito! What's a scale doing here!

Only in Zelda do you have a flute of time, and an hourglass of phantoms... And Sand of Hours is a dumb name, I'm sorry. Especially because I'm assuming it doesn't give you hours of sand, but minutes. (also I'm guessing now, the old man is the ocean king)

Let's go to the enemy count, shall we?!

EPISODE 4 KILL TALLY!
    Fire Keese - 2
    Yellow Chuchu - 2
    Fire Bubble - 2
    Blaaz, Master of Fire - 1
    Red Tektite - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0
    Lost Rupees (theft, overflow, ect.) - 0

Phantom Hourglass
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 4)

Spoiler
    Show

Bubbles, Fire - 4
    Octoroks, Red - 7
    Rats - 8
    Ropes - 17
    Takkuri - 4

Keese
    Keese - 15
    Keese, Fire - 5

Tektites
    Tektites, Blue - 6
    Tektites, Red - 4

Slimes
    Chuchus, Red - 28
    Chuchus, Yellow - 11
    Gels, Green - 6

Total Things Dead - 116

1st Place - Red Chuchus, at 28!
    2nd Place - Ropes, at 17!
    3rd Place - Keese, at 11!

Total Style Points - 1

Total Missed Rupees - 1
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2018-10-12 at 08:11 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Given that there was a line about hitting switches quietly, I don't think the beeping leads them at all. It's just the sword noises.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    There's no restoration fairies?! That's a first! You really MIGHT die in this game. Don't die Zodi! I believe!
    There are those purple potions though, that revive you when you die. I forget if it's this video or the one you haven't seen where they get looked at.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    There are those purple potions though, that revive you when you die. I forget if it's this video or the one you haven't seen where they get looked at.
    Yeah, I saw that, but I'm mourning the loss of the fairy. Purple potions are all well and good, but how many can you carry?

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I saw that, but I'm mourning the loss of the fairy. Purple potions are all well and good, but how many can you carry?
    Two or three, I think? I'm not certain. At least you get the bottle with them, this time.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi Time (5)
    Show
    It's time to learn one of Phantom Hourglass's biggest mechanics today. This'll be Fun.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass [5] Phantoms

Video Length: 22:12

In this episode, we return to the Ocean King's Temple, Hourglass in hand. Ten minutes of protection against the corroding insides of the temple, which is great because that's quite a lot of time...and bad, because it makes it clear that they expect us to be in here for AWHILE. The Ocean King's Temple is one of the more...lets say controversial aspects of the game. You see, after every plot coupon being acquired (in this case, the fairy spirits) we must return and delve further into it's depths. As you may recall from the skeletons we talked to, the puzzles reset each time you leave the Temple. Because of how dangerous the corruption is, the hourglass also makes it a pretty clear timed mission (though you don't lose time in safe zones, thankfully). These two aspects together make for a frustrating, if somewhat interesting mechanic. But then the Phantoms arrive. Phantoms are invincible armour spirits that march the halls like robots, and if they spot you they'll close the doors and hunt after you at relatively high speeds, swinging their massive swords at you. They deal a LOT of damage actually, and when they hit you...you have to restart at the beginning of the room. So yes, a timed stealth mission that, due to a very poor distribution of short cuts, you have to repeat a lot every time you complete an actual dungeon. The Ocean King's Temple is KIND OF A THING.

I don't hate it, myself. But I'm not a big fan of it either. It can (and will) be done better, but for now this is what we've got. And it's...basically a finicky mess. The puzzles aren't that hard all things considered, but a few of them have problems. The attempt to make the Phantoms lead by sound just doesn't work since you WANT to lead him with a beeping switch, but the actual switch is too far away for the beeps or the hitting of it to attract him. However, if you hit it with your sword your sword will also hit the wall behind it, which IS close enough for the Phantom to hear, attracting his attention. So this part of that puzzle is basically broken and kinda sucks. There's nothing inherently WRONG with making the Phantoms react to sound, it's just...poorly implemented. Thankfully, the final floor shows us that even these invincible knights can be felled, as there are trap doors we can use to kill them! That's cool, after twoish floors of torment giving us a way to fight back. It's effective.

Other things the Ocean King's Temple does that are actually positive; you have safety pots full of safe zone goo that you can throw, and gold pots full of additional sand you can add to the hourglass. The first mechanic is a surprising one, and quite useful...if you plan using it right. I am not the best at that. The second is a further double edged sword like the hourglass itself. It's great that we can get more time for the Phantom Hourglass...but it's less great in that it shows us just how long it expects us to take for these things. And trust me, we'll be straining the Hourglass after a certain point, the Ocean King's Temple goes on for some time! Thankfully, our final floor comes up quickly, a room where we've got to bring Force Gems to their pedestals to unlock the final door. This is...fine, but much like the Boss Key being a large physical object we have to carry, it definitely feels like more busywork than anything else mechanically interesting. It's also a little stressful since you still have to stealth it up AND deal with the time limit.

With all that said and done, we finally find the second sea chart, showing us our next location, in the north-west part of the map! After we bring it back to Linebeck and blow off the dust (directly into his face, naturally) of course. With the location of the next spirit fairy found, it's time to head for our next destination! Which is Cannon Island again. Hope you all enjoyed, next time we're getting ARMED.

Thank you for changing the text. This is much better.

I was right! The sands of hours only give us ten MINUTES. Also, I like how the timer stops in safe zones, AND when you're scrolling through text dialogue. Leaf...could you...just talk to us as we are moving? We won't even NEED this item that is the games namesake! Also, just realized - this is the 5th game where the title is the main item of the game. Though, that streak will end pretty shortly...

I see you had to retread the previous area before getting to a new one. I anticipate with more time, there will be more retread...

"I HAVE YOU NOW" is a terrifying thing to say. These Phantoms are intense dudes. What happens when a phantom catches you? OH GOD YOU LOSE TIME?! 30 seconds doesn't seem like much, but it could be, bad. Especially when you have to retread the room as well...I'm also noticing hook shot stumps, and bomb walls around, cracked floors for...a hammer maybe? So maybe retreading in the future won't be terrible?

I forgot to chime in on the boss key mechanic, but since that mechanic is also used on the force gems, I get my chance here. I'm with you Zodi, not a great mechanic. Mix that with patience and sneaking...you're in for a rough time...

You know, these phantoms remind me of the trials in Skyward Sword a tad...

EPISODE 5 KILL TALLY!

Phantom - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Phantom Hourglass
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 5)

Spoiler
    Show

Bubbles, Fire - 4
    Octoroks, Red - 7
    Phantom - 1
    Rats - 8
    Ropes - 17
    Takkuri - 4

Keese
    Keese - 15
    Keese, Fire - 5

Tektites
    Tektites, Blue - 6
    Tektites, Red - 4

Slimes
    Chuchus, Red - 28
    Chuchus, Yellow - 11
    Gels, Green - 6

Total Things Dead - 117

1st Place - Red Chuchus, at 28!
    2nd Place - Ropes, at 17!
    3rd Place - Keese, at 11!

Total Style Points - 1

Total Missed Rupees - 1
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2018-10-12 at 08:12 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

12. - Top - End - #42

I feel like I don't say this enough; it's Zelda time.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass [6] Ghosts and Zodi, Much Alike

Video Length: 28:43

In this exciting-ish episode, we head along the widening path of Cannon Island to get our sweet reward. But I shouldn't skip right to the end, we have things to discuss! Like new enemies; BEES. Bees show up here, in hives that you can hit to break open. The game claims you'll find riches within, but I've mostly just found more bees. Bees are very small enemies that swarm around trying to run into you, and because they're so small and directly angry at life and being alive, they're also the most dangerous foe we've faced so far. Not helped by the fact that I forget you can kill them for a disturbingly long amount of time. We do however find other treasures on the island, mainly a treasure chart! As in the old fashioned treasure charts from last game that puts an X on our map for us to pull up from the ocean's depths. I completely forgot they existed in this game! But now is the time to put that behind us, as it is now time for the Bomb Flower Garden, a tiny little mini-dungeon of sorts where we must make use of the fragile, volatile bomb flower. They work as they ever did, though this time hitting them with your sword causes them to IMMEDIATELY explode, which is not what I'm used to. During this little mini-dungeon we also obtain a Power Gem, the second of what will be many.

We quickly reach Eddo's workshop, where after intimidating us with the actually decently high price of 50 rupees, we buy our ship's first cannon! The cannon is a basic thing, and unlike Wind Waker this doesn't actually give us BOMBS, sadly. But with the cannon, we're now able to engage in sea to sea combat, a thing I brought up last game as being potentially interesting but overall probably fundamentally flawed due to how boat controls worked. It's safe to say that...while in this game you can at least move and aim at the same time with little concern, due to the automated nature of the steamship, that this prediction that was actually me directly referencing this game holds true. The actual boat-fight mechanics are...less than ideal, the cannon finicky to aim at anything that isn't an enemy due to requiring touch (which is mostly fine, I think) and extremely basic otherwise. You tap on an enemy and it dies, or in the case of an Eye Plant you shoot it again and then it dies. Sea Octoroks make a return, circling your boat instead of just being left in the wet dust, and we have a new foe in the Flying Fish! It shows up and then immediately dies because it's way too slow at it's charging to actually hit you. More important than these "hey pay attention" alarms disguised as enemies are the Squiddies, jellyfish looking things that you can juggle with cannonfire for money! After a few shots a squiddy will split into two, and then three! They give you a ton of rupees, and are overall the best way of getting cash in the game. They're sadly rather hard to find, apparently, but when you do it's prudent to stop in place for a bit to focus on juggling them. If I do do that, that'll be off screen. For now, we sail onward to the second half of of this south-west chunk of the sea. Rocks block our path, thus the cannon. We blow our way through and find...none other than the Ghost Ship itself!

And it's here that Past Zodi decides to go off the rails, so to speak. This is meant to be a plot moment, where you chase after the Ghost Ship and then fail to catch it and realize the next step of your quest. However, my future knowledge of what you need to do, mixed with my forgetting what you need to do to GET TO the thing you need to do, combines to form an ouroborus of stupid idiot moments. It doesn't help that the game is surprisingly soft-touched when it comes to directing you to...you know, do the thing you need to do to further the game's plot. Dad-boat would stop us half a nautical mile from avoiding the Ghost Ship, but Linebeck really has no desire to tell us what to do and Ciela doesn't know how boats work so the game allowed me to fool around. This isn't entirely negative, but it does make for a silly video. Instead of pursuing the Ghost Ship, we head directly south, making our way to Molida Island, the second civilization we've found in this part of the open seas (Isle of Ember doesn't count it's one single person and one ghost). These people are simple fishing folk, and have tablets set up around the island that explain or elaborate on the experience of going north to chase the Ghost Ship, which would be far more relevant to us if we had done so. We also learn someone managed to get through the northern passage, which we'll have to make note of for later.

After that, we head FURTHER south to a hidden island, though given it's size it's not so much hidden as it simply is unmarked. Spirit Island, the equivalent of this game's fairy fountain. Within we learn that if we feed those orbs we've found to the spring, it'll empower the fairy spirits we've found! 10 gives them a boost of power, making them equippable so they can do stuff, and 20 gives them full power. I actually rather like this, though I wish the numbers where a little different. I love love LOVE the idea that the plot coupons we find inside dungeons actually DO something, and the Spirit Fairies like Leaf are actually pretty cool in WHAT they do...but you don't actually get access to what they do until you've gotten at least ten of their orbs. In a perfect world, they'd be able to do something at base level, maybe something super basic compared to their upgraded abilities, and then the orbs you get upgrade them. I'd of personally gone for 5/10 as the split points myself, but those might be too easy to acquire. Regardless, we'll definitely need to keep this in mind. Orbs are a priority, the only thing before them being Heart Containers and anything else below them. After learning about the special future in store for our fairy friends (and acquiring the first green orb of courage) we make a slight detour to a nearby mystery boat. On board is a bunch of Miniblins, who are the same as every returning enemy in this game. They do what they did, but slightly slower and less dangerously. What's cool is that sea fairing Miniblins now have different fur and water goggles on, which is cute. they're intimidating some poor pot helmet weirdo, who we save. He informs of us his cooler brother, and implies a larger quest with the idea of his missing guard's notebook. We'll deal with this Nyave character later, of course.

Finally, with all that done, we ACTUALLY go pursue the Ghost Ship. I get lost trying to follow it because I was unsure if we are actually intended to catch it at this point in time or not, and it leads to me sailing the steamship around all willynilly. We do, finally, reach an arbitrary end point and get shunted back to the beginning of the northern passage, and Linebeck finally tells us what we have to do. It's time to return to Molida island to learn the secrets of getting through the mist! Hope you all enjoyed this silly little video, I'll see you all next time for hopefully less Past Zodi making a genuine fool of herself.

...who am I kidding.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Ahahahahaha! I was wondering why you'd thought you'd escaped from the charts.
    (I'm preeeeetttty sure there aren't any Triforce Shard-like ones, at least. I could be remembering incorrectly, though. Again, been awhile.)

Don't think of 9999 making 20 lacklustre. Think of it as not having to worry about overflow/wallet management!

It's funny, you complain about the signs only being readable from the front, while I think it's actually a nice little touch. Granted, it certainly can be annoying if you forget about it, and so try and approach them from the back always. The solution is to just cut them all down anyways.

Apparently he's never mown the lawn, if he wonders where you got 50 rupees...

...I'll be honest, I really don't remember many of the locations in this game, beyond a few particular floors in the Temple, and one particular island. And the multiplayer. And that puzzle, which you'd thought was the one from earlier.
    Spoiler: Locations, in case people don't want to know ahead of time
    Show
    The floor being the one with
    Spoiler
    Show
    The invisible floor that you need to track the location of the Phantom walking across to figure out where it is
    and the island being Dee Ess Island. Yep. The minigame island. Mostly for its punny existence.

Life drained away? That sounds... suspiciously like someplace we've already been.

You want to hunt ghosts? Didn't you get your fill of that with the Poes?

Really real? We're not going to go to that other ship on the map?
    HA! I knew it!

What an intense stare you have, Nyave. And also what a conveniently apt name for your profession. Even if you don't seem to be terribly good at it.

Spoiler: Discovered, but not gotten, Orbs
    Show
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2018-09-21 at 12:26 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi Times (6)
    Show
    I feel like I don't say this enough; it's Zelda time.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass [6] Ghosts and Zodi, Much Alike

Video Length: 28:43

In this exciting-ish episode, we head along the widening path of Cannon Island to get our sweet reward. But I shouldn't skip right to the end, we have things to discuss! Like new enemies; BEES. Bees show up here, in hives that you can hit to break open. The game claims you'll find riches within, but I've mostly just found more bees. Bees are very small enemies that swarm around trying to run into you, and because they're so small and directly angry at life and being alive, they're also the most dangerous foe we've faced so far. Not helped by the fact that I forget you can kill them for a disturbingly long amount of time. We do however find other treasures on the island, mainly a treasure chart! As in the old fashioned treasure charts from last game that puts an X on our map for us to pull up from the ocean's depths. I completely forgot they existed in this game! But now is the time to put that behind us, as it is now time for the Bomb Flower Garden, a tiny little mini-dungeon of sorts where we must make use of the fragile, volatile bomb flower. They work as they ever did, though this time hitting them with your sword causes them to IMMEDIATELY explode, which is not what I'm used to. During this little mini-dungeon we also obtain a Power Gem, the second of what will be many.

We quickly reach Eddo's workshop, where after intimidating us with the actually decently high price of 50 rupees, we buy our ship's first cannon! The cannon is a basic thing, and unlike Wind Waker this doesn't actually give us BOMBS, sadly. But with the cannon, we're now able to engage in sea to sea combat, a thing I brought up last game as being potentially interesting but overall probably fundamentally flawed due to how boat controls worked. It's safe to say that...while in this game you can at least move and aim at the same time with little concern, due to the automated nature of the steamship, that this prediction that was actually me directly referencing this game holds true. The actual boat-fight mechanics are...less than ideal, the cannon finicky to aim at anything that isn't an enemy due to requiring touch (which is mostly fine, I think) and extremely basic otherwise. You tap on an enemy and it dies, or in the case of an Eye Plant you shoot it again and then it dies. Sea Octoroks make a return, circling your boat instead of just being left in the wet dust, and we have a new foe in the Flying Fish! It shows up and then immediately dies because it's way too slow at it's charging to actually hit you. More important than these "hey pay attention" alarms disguised as enemies are the Squiddies, jellyfish looking things that you can juggle with cannonfire for money! After a few shots a squiddy will split into two, and then three! They give you a ton of rupees, and are overall the best way of getting cash in the game. They're sadly rather hard to find, apparently, but when you do it's prudent to stop in place for a bit to focus on juggling them. If I do do that, that'll be off screen. For now, we sail onward to the second half of of this south-west chunk of the sea. Rocks block our path, thus the cannon. We blow our way through and find...none other than the Ghost Ship itself!

And it's here that Past Zodi decides to go off the rails, so to speak. This is meant to be a plot moment, where you chase after the Ghost Ship and then fail to catch it and realize the next step of your quest. However, my future knowledge of what you need to do, mixed with my forgetting what you need to do to GET TO the thing you need to do, combines to form an ouroborus of stupid idiot moments. It doesn't help that the game is surprisingly soft-touched when it comes to directing you to...you know, do the thing you need to do to further the game's plot. Dad-boat would stop us half a nautical mile from avoiding the Ghost Ship, but Linebeck really has no desire to tell us what to do and Ciela doesn't know how boats work so the game allowed me to fool around. This isn't entirely negative, but it does make for a silly video. Instead of pursuing the Ghost Ship, we head directly south, making our way to Molida Island, the second civilization we've found in this part of the open seas (Isle of Ember doesn't count it's one single person and one ghost). These people are simple fishing folk, and have tablets set up around the island that explain or elaborate on the experience of going north to chase the Ghost Ship, which would be far more relevant to us if we had done so. We also learn someone managed to get through the northern passage, which we'll have to make note of for later.

After that, we head FURTHER south to a hidden island, though given it's size it's not so much hidden as it simply is unmarked. Spirit Island, the equivalent of this game's fairy fountain. Within we learn that if we feed those orbs we've found to the spring, it'll empower the fairy spirits we've found! 10 gives them a boost of power, making them equippable so they can do stuff, and 20 gives them full power. I actually rather like this, though I wish the numbers where a little different. I love love LOVE the idea that the plot coupons we find inside dungeons actually DO something, and the Spirit Fairies like Leaf are actually pretty cool in WHAT they do...but you don't actually get access to what they do until you've gotten at least ten of their orbs. In a perfect world, they'd be able to do something at base level, maybe something super basic compared to their upgraded abilities, and then the orbs you get upgrade them. I'd of personally gone for 5/10 as the split points myself, but those might be too easy to acquire. Regardless, we'll definitely need to keep this in mind. Orbs are a priority, the only thing before them being Heart Containers and anything else below them. After learning about the special future in store for our fairy friends (and acquiring the first green orb of courage) we make a slight detour to a nearby mystery boat. On board is a bunch of Miniblins, who are the same as every returning enemy in this game. They do what they did, but slightly slower and less dangerously. What's cool is that sea fairing Miniblins now have different fur and water goggles on, which is cute. they're intimidating some poor pot helmet weirdo, who we save. He informs of us his cooler brother, and implies a larger quest with the idea of his missing guard's notebook. We'll deal with this Nyave character later, of course.

Finally, with all that done, we ACTUALLY go pursue the Ghost Ship. I get lost trying to follow it because I was unsure if we are actually intended to catch it at this point in time or not, and it leads to me sailing the steamship around all willynilly. We do, finally, reach an arbitrary end point and get shunted back to the beginning of the northern passage, and Linebeck finally tells us what we have to do. It's time to return to Molida island to learn the secrets of getting through the mist! Hope you all enjoyed this silly little video, I'll see you all next time for hopefully less Past Zodi making a genuine fool of herself.

...who am I kidding.

I...legitimately had my jaw drop when the bees started dying. Oh...my god...they're so small...so...hard to count...and they have little shadows that look like more bees. We've also likely found this games competitor for high enemy count... Bee treasure was a sea chart!

+1 style points for killing 6 bombs with one boomerang throw.

I think the sign thing is a call back to other Zelda games where if you try and read it from behind, it says the writing is on the other side. In a game with touchy mechanics, its ill-thought out.

+1 style point for finally managing to jump a sea trap!

Wow, so you get any rupee that falls in the water when you're sailing? That makes this game one of the best chances you had for perfect rupee gets, making that island rupee that much more knife twisting... Next time!

Goron Amber is Amber found from Goron's that mined it. Hence the bug that's in it.

I like that Linebeck comments on every place we go. It's nice to get his opinion on everything.

I mean, I know its fun to make fun of past Zodi, but this going to ghost ship to go to island seems a little easy to do just like you did. I would have done the same thing, because I loathe advancing plot too much before going to all the things first, lest I miss something. There should have been a cinematic that took you into the chase when it appeared. Like Linebeck takes control and starts chasing after the ship or something.

Oh good, Data is taking care of orb tracking. I started to write them down.

EPISODE 6 KILL TALLY!

Red Chuchu - 13
    Bee - 27
    Bee Hive - 3
    Rat - 9
    Seagull - 1
    Flying Fish - 4
    Sea Octorok - 5
    Mini Cyclone - 2
    Miniblins - 5
    Eye Plant - 1

Style Points - 2

Missed Rupees - 0

Phantom Hourglass
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 6)

Spoiler
    Show

Bubbles, Fire - 4
    Eye Plant - 1
    Flying Fish - 4
    Miniblins - 5
    Mini Cyclone - 2
    Phantom - 1
    Rats - 17
    Ropes - 17

Avians
    Seagull - 1
    Takkuri - 4

Bugs
    Bees - 27
    Bee Hives - 3

Keese
    Keese - 15
    Keese, Fire - 5

Octoroks
    Octoroks, Red - 7
    Octoroks, Sea - 5

Tektites
    Tektites, Blue - 6
    Tektites, Red - 4

Slimes
    Chuchus, Red - 41
    Chuchus, Yellow - 11
    Gels, Green - 6

Total Things Dead - 186

1st Place - Red Chuchus, at 41!
    2nd Place - Bees, at 27!
    3rd Place - Ropes and Rats, at 17!

Total Style Points - 3

Total Missed Rupees - 1
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2018-10-12 at 08:12 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Oh good, Data is taking care of orb tracking. I started to write them down.
    Well, hopefully it isn't a reprise of AaaaaaaarghGoldSpiders…
    The trick will be seeing if I can remember to take them off once we get them. I give it 50/50 odds, depending on how early in the morning I'm watching.

16. - Top - End - #46

NecromancerGuy

I'm just wondering how Link is going to get past the most original foe he's faced to date, actual semi-responsible adults not letting children wander into death trap areas.

Like "clatter clatter", "breaking apart" and "AAAAAAHHHHH! HOW AM I SCREAMING WITH NO LUNGS?" (Seriously, I dunno why skeletons in games always seem to screech at you or something. I mean, I guess to emphasize unnaturalness, or something, but...)
    "I have no mouth, but I must NYEH, He-Man!"
    - Some Skeleton, Probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hooray, cannon time! That brings back memories of the future, although it's ironically a bit more rail shooter here.

Having to chase down the hard-to catch ship until you lose sight of it is a weird and unintuitative way of progressing for a game that's been really clear on how to advance so far. I can see myself deciding that it's not meant to be caght yet and that I should go and hunt down the way forward elsewhere.

I really need to come to the thread more often, everybody's dedication to the counting is a great sight to see!
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2018-09-23 at 10:40 AM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    "I have no mouth, but I must NYEH, He-Man!"
    - Some Skeleton, Probably.
    Dark Souls making skeleton's sound like people talking through broken radios was really clever and that's how I'll always imagine it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    I really need to come to the thread more often, everybody's dedication is a great sight to see!
    I factually have the best fans, they're precious and good.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Personally, I'm a fan of the classic xylophone bones.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Dark Souls making skeleton's sound like people talking through broken radios was really clever and that's how I'll always imagine it.
    Huh. That's a neat way to do it.

I factually have the best fans, they're precious and good.
    Alas, only a fraction are here in this thread. (And presumably some more are over on the LP zone.) But, hey, at least you consistently get, like, 60-100+ views on the first episode, so you do have people watching and looking to see if you're playing something you're interested in. So that's neat.

21. - Top - End - #51

Huh. That's a neat way to do it.

Alas, only a fraction are here in this thread. (And presumably some more are over on the LP zone.) But, hey, at least you consistently get, like, 60-100+ views on the first episode, so you do have people watching and looking to see if you're playing something you're interested in. So that's neat.
    One day I will become more powerful. For now, I'm fine with the strong, loyal few I have. It's gonna make my next LP a lot easier at the very least.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Yanno, Zodi... I'm so very glad that you are doing this Let's Play. I never had a chance to pick up this game. And now, seeing the troubles the player interface is giving you... I'm just as glad that I never will.

I mean... it's easily a contender for 'worst interface from a Zelda Game', right up there with Skyward Sword. In fact, soundly trouncing Skyward Sword, which is a feat and an accomplishment wrapped in bacon.

It's almost painful to watch the Let's Play, because I see how much grief the interface is giving you, and I'm like... 'wow, Zodi is the most awesomest LPer ever to have thrown herself upon this game like a grenade in a foxhole'.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

23. - Top - End - #53

I think it's time for more Zelda.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass [7] Shovelry

Video Length: 26:51

Today we explore Molida island, looking for the path through the ghost fog that blocks our way forward. Now, we did most of our sleuthing last episode, so all we REALLY need to do is go talk to Romanos about his Dad, now that we have reason to. He is understandably not willing to talk about his deadbeat, awful dad...until we press him a little. Ah, the complicated relationship of Father and son. With his blessing, we can now go explore the dangerous cave just outside his and his Mother's house, the former hideout of his Father. It seems fine enough, up until we get into a place we can't return from and meet a new enemy; the Geozard! A buff fishman with sword and shield, it can hit you or breath fire, and the only way to hurt it is to boomerang it in the back to leave it vulnerable. Simple enough in concept, but still pretty tough if you're not used to the controls by this point. Other than this guy, this area isn't really all that dangerous (discounting my misuse of bomb flowers, of course).

Making our way through to Romanos's Dad's study, we find a journal and treasure chest! The journal is basically just saying that this is a wild goose chase, the real hide out is somewhere else. But the treasure chest will be our key to opening it. Inside we have a good and sturdy friend; the shovel! The shovel lets us dig into the ground, getting random items every so often. It can also hit specific dig spots that are marked by cracks in the ground for a set reward. With this knowledge, we become RATHER RICH because of the surprising amount of large rupees on this island. I suppose Romanos's Dad really was a good treasure hunter. Regardless of if he was or not, one thing we can say for sure is that he's terrible at writing puzzles. Maybe it's just me, but this line intersection puzzle is way too finicky. The lines intersect in way more places than just one, and it's really unclear how the lines are supposed to leave the tablets he's left as well! Now, if we could draw on the map WITHOUT interfering with everything else on the map, IE the stuff I've drawn on it previously, I might of been able to better draw out the lines...but at the same time, how are we intended to know how the lines are EXPECTED to be drawn. Again, I'm fully willing to admit this is entirely on me the instant someone explains this to me, but otherwise I've got nothing. I've never been good at these sort of puzzles.

That mini-rant taken care of, we dig ourselves into Romanos's Dad's secret lair, and finally find the path forward. Marking it on our map (plus the mysterious sun door we find) it's time to set sail! It is not that tricky a venture, and we quickly get through the fog, which means we no longer ever have to take that specific path again. Huzzah! We can now head to the Isle of Gales, and we do so (taking out some minor cannon ships in the process, enemy ships that fire semi random cannonballs at us). The Isle of Gales is a big one, not a place of civilization but instead one big teaser to a dungeon. The place itself is full of miniblin, each of which drops a red rupee worth 50. I only noticed each pack of them drops a red rupee in editing, and that's pretty cool. We also find our fair share of buried treasure as well, in addition to treasure chests. This place is loaded! It's also very windy, which fights against us as we move forward, but also serves to help us make longer jumps. We also end up finding wind spouts (which I will be calling wind vents next time because oops wind spout is...not the right word but I've already committed to it) that further tease the mechanics of the dungeon, constantly blasting upwells of air that push us forward and higher. All in all, it's actually pretty fun, which is a hard thing to do when video game wind is involved. Less fun is...me forgetting the one last aspect of the shovel in this game, a unique one to it if I am remembering correctly; you can also UNDIG things. Oops. Ah well, we'll get it next time.

Speaking of which, I hope you all enjoyed today. I'll see you guys next time where we continue our way through the Isle of Gales, shutting down the windmills that power the barrier to the temple proper!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

If you draw straight lines connecting them, there should be a total of 5 intersections... 4 of which are the tablets themselves!

It's still not a good puzzle, but it isn't too bad. Remember
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Desert Sanctuary's puzzle
    in Spirit Tracks?

That one was similar but worse.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2018-09-24 at 09:06 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zoid's Times
    Show
    I think it's time for more Zelda.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass [7] Shovelry

Video Length: 26:51

Today we explore Molida island, looking for the path through the ghost fog that blocks our way forward. Now, we did most of our sleuthing last episode, so all we REALLY need to do is go talk to Romanos about his Dad, now that we have reason to. He is understandably not willing to talk about his deadbeat, awful dad...until we press him a little. Ah, the complicated relationship of Father and son. With his blessing, we can now go explore the dangerous cave just outside his and his Mother's house, the former hideout of his Father. It seems fine enough, up until we get into a place we can't return from and meet a new enemy; the Geozard! A buff fishman with sword and shield, it can hit you or breath fire, and the only way to hurt it is to boomerang it in the back to leave it vulnerable. Simple enough in concept, but still pretty tough if you're not used to the controls by this point. Other than this guy, this area isn't really all that dangerous (discounting my misuse of bomb flowers, of course).

Making our way through to Romanos's Dad's study, we find a journal and treasure chest! The journal is basically just saying that this is a wild goose chase, the real hide out is somewhere else. But the treasure chest will be our key to opening it. Inside we have a good and sturdy friend; the shovel! The shovel lets us dig into the ground, getting random items every so often. It can also hit specific dig spots that are marked by cracks in the ground for a set reward. With this knowledge, we become RATHER RICH because of the surprising amount of large rupees on this island. I suppose Romanos's Dad really was a good treasure hunter. Regardless of if he was or not, one thing we can say for sure is that he's terrible at writing puzzles. Maybe it's just me, but this line intersection puzzle is way too finicky. The lines intersect in way more places than just one, and it's really unclear how the lines are supposed to leave the tablets he's left as well! Now, if we could draw on the map WITHOUT interfering with everything else on the map, IE the stuff I've drawn on it previously, I might of been able to better draw out the lines...but at the same time, how are we intended to know how the lines are EXPECTED to be drawn. Again, I'm fully willing to admit this is entirely on me the instant someone explains this to me, but otherwise I've got nothing. I've never been good at these sort of puzzles.

That mini-rant taken care of, we dig ourselves into Romanos's Dad's secret lair, and finally find the path forward. Marking it on our map (plus the mysterious sun door we find) it's time to set sail! It is not that tricky a venture, and we quickly get through the fog, which means we no longer ever have to take that specific path again. Huzzah! We can now head to the Isle of Gales, and we do so (taking out some minor cannon ships in the process, enemy ships that fire semi random cannonballs at us). The Isle of Gales is a big one, not a place of civilization but instead one big teaser to a dungeon. The place itself is full of miniblin, each of which drops a red rupee worth 50. I only noticed each pack of them drops a red rupee in editing, and that's pretty cool. We also find our fair share of buried treasure as well, in addition to treasure chests. This place is loaded! It's also very windy, which fights against us as we move forward, but also serves to help us make longer jumps. We also end up finding wind spouts (which I will be calling wind vents next time because oops wind spout is...not the right word but I've already committed to it) that further tease the mechanics of the dungeon, constantly blasting upwells of air that push us forward and higher. All in all, it's actually pretty fun, which is a hard thing to do when video game wind is involved. Less fun is...me forgetting the one last aspect of the shovel in this game, a unique one to it if I am remembering correctly; you can also UNDIG things. Oops. Ah well, we'll get it next time.

Speaking of which, I hope you all enjoyed today. I'll see you guys next time where we continue our way through the Isle of Gales, shutting down the windmills that power the barrier to the temple proper!

Heh, nice shovel knight reference.

Zodi, you're supposed to draw a line from the dots and then dig at the "X". It helps narrow it down, at least, provided that you draw them straight enough.

+1 style point for hitting 2 yellow chuchu's with a boomerang in one throw, one on the return trajectory. Looked awesome.

Shooting at gold frogs is good practice for when you need to shoot at gold frogs.

Sooooo, I just noticed that Beedle came sailing up no problem from the bottom portion of the map that you said would send us back into the fog.

Um, so the "miniblin grave" as you call it at 21:44 had a red rupee, which is 20 rupees. Unless that's my colorblindness acting up in a strange way...

Undigging seems like something they'd tutor you on in game, but I suppose we can't have nice things.

EPISODE 7 KILL TALLY!

Red Chuchu - 17
    Keese - 4
    Geozard - 1
    Red Octorok - 4
    Yellow Chuchu - 3
    Mini Cyclone - 3
    Sea Octorok - 4
    Eye Plant - 2
    Flying Fish - 2
    Cannon Boat - 2
    Miniblin - 32

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0

Phantom Hourglass
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 7)

Spoiler
    Show

Bubbles, Fire - 4
    Cannon Boat - 2
    Eye Plant - 3
    Flying Fish - 6
    Geozard - 1
    Miniblins - 37
    Mini Cyclone - 5
    Phantom - 1
    Rats - 17
    Ropes - 17

Avians
    Seagull - 1
    Takkuri - 4

Bugs
    Bees - 27
    Bee Hives - 3

Keese
    Keese - 19
    Keese, Fire - 5

Octoroks
    Octoroks, Red - 11
    Octoroks, Sea - 9

Tektites
    Tektites, Blue - 6
    Tektites, Red - 4

Slimes
    Chuchus, Red - 68
    Chuchus, Yellow - 14
    Gels, Green - 6

Total Things Dead - 260

1st Place - Red Chuchus, at 68!
    2nd Place - Miniblins, at 37!
    3rd Place - Bees, at 27!

Total Style Points - 4

Total Missed Rupees - 1
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2018-10-12 at 08:13 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Zodi, you're supposed to draw a line from the dots and then dig at the "X".
    I think she knows, since that's what "intersect" means.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Undigging seems like something they'd tutor you on in game, but I suppose we can't have nice things.
    The game did say "it looks like someone filled in a hole" when Zodi first encountered the diggable gusts that were filled in, but yeah, needed to be more clear.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    I think she knows, since that's what "intersect" means.
    She did it in her head, which I less accurate than actually physically putting them on her map to help her figure out where to dig. That's all I was saying.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Yanno, Zodi... I'm so very glad that you are doing this Let's Play. I never had a chance to pick up this game. And now, seeing the troubles the player interface is giving you... I'm just as glad that I never will.

I mean... it's easily a contender for 'worst interface from a Zelda Game', right up there with Skyward Sword. In fact, soundly trouncing Skyward Sword, which is a feat and an accomplishment wrapped in bacon.
    Man, I feel like I'm really weird, because I had a decent amount of fun with this game (although the rolling killed me after the much better way they did it in the sequel), and I actually had basically no issues with Skyward Sword's controls at all.

And, onto the episode...

We saw Octorocks last time, actually, on that inaccessible part of the Isle of Spirit. At least, I'm pretty sure that's where they were.

Hmmm... I don't actually remember (again, been a while), but might there be a hole or something that'll drop you down from the surface to that chest?

Aaaand, orb get. Time to mark that off.

There are only two lines that intersect, though. The north-south line, and the east-west line. Any other lines between the tablets don't actually intersect.

I feel like it might be in front of that tree you're going about.
    Ah, yeah, there it is.

Man, overwriting the fog music makes enemies feel not as scary.

Mermaid? Easy there, man, you've got a wife and kid back home. I know you said you were a terrible father, but...

Yeah, to be fair to Past Zodi "filling holes back in" isn't necessarily the most clear mechanic. Since in games, you tend to only destroy things, not put them back together.

Spoiler: Discovered, but not gotten, Orbs
    Show
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2018-09-24 at 03:11 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

Heh, nice shovel knight reference.

Zodi, you're supposed to draw a line from the dots and then dig at the "X". It helps narrow it down, at least, provided that you draw them straight enough.

+1 style point for hitting 2 yellow chuchu's with a boomerang in one throw, one on the return trajectory. Looked awesome.

Shooting at gold frogs is good practice for when you need to shoot at gold frogs.

Sooooo, I just noticed that Beedle came sailing up no problem from the bottom portion of the map that you said would send us back into the fog.

Um, so the "miniblin grave" as you call it at 21:44 had a red rupee, which is 20 rupees. Unless that's my colorblindness acting up in a strange way...

EPISODE 7 KILL TALLY!

Red Chuchu - 17
    Keese - 4
    Geozard - 1
    Red Octorok - 4
    Yellow Chuchu - 3
    Mini Cyclone - 3
    Sea Octorok - 4
    Eye Plant - 2
    Flying Fish - 2
    Cannon Boat - 2
    Miniblin - 32

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0

Phantom Hourglass
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 7)

Spoiler
    Show

Bubbles, Fire - 4
    Cannon Boat - 2
    Eye Plant - 3
    Flying Fish - 6
    Geozard - 1
    Miniblins - 37
    Mini Cyclone - 5
    Phantom - 1
    Rats - 17
    Ropes - 17

Avians
    Seagull - 1
    Takkuri - 4

Bugs
    Bees - 27
    Bee Hives - 3

Keese
    Keese - 19
    Keese, Fire - 5

Octoroks
    Octoroks, Red - 11
    Octoroks, Sea - 9

Tektites
    Tektites, Blue - 6
    Tektites, Red - 4

Slimes
    Chuchus, Red - 68
    Chuchus, Yellow - 14
    Gels, Red - 6

Total Things Dead - 260

1st Place - Red Chuchus, at 68!
    2nd Place - Miniblins, at 37!
    3rd Place - Bees, at 27!

Total Style Points - 4

Total Missed Rupees - 1
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    You are right it is a red rupee, I got the value wrong. My bad!