New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mortis Thule (IC)

Attano checks his augers, looking for blips. He'd handled the terrain well despite the distraction of keeping tabs on the aliens around them. "Can you tell how big? The larger creatures are the most dangerous."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Dhiiga maintains his composure up until the wreckage where his footing fails on more than one occasion. He paused when they saw the tapestry, whispering with a bit of awe "Please don't damage the tapestry if you can. I'd like to salvage it if at all possible." Still, the duo rose their launchers and paused at their location and readied to bring forth explosive justice.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Octavius is open to the idea, 'As long as it does not slow you down.' The tapestry is quite large but probably isn't very heavy.

Cadmus continues to take aim, 'The machine spirit of my helmet believes that there is something worth shooting down there, but I can see nothing. Do not the Tyranids have creatures capable of hiding themselves in plain sight?'

Spoiler: Kvothe
    Show

You can see more shadows then there should be, even in the dimness of your immediate surroundings. You would not have seen it at all unless Cadmus hadn't brought your attention to it, but there is something wrong with the way the light falls in the ruined church that suggests that there is something very large standing there. Perhaps none of you would have seen it at all if not for it's proximity to the tapestry.

Even if you have never seen or fought a Lictor, you know what it is and what it is capable of.

ooc - Because the Watcher distinction

Octavius takes the possibility seriously. 'If there is a Lictor there then we kill it. Better now on open ground.' He will ask the rest of you to fan out in order to approach the church from both flanks. As you approach though you can hear hissing and snarling coming from both ahead and behind you. You have been on enough battlefields to recognise the approach of many enemies at speed. Whatever was stalking you has apparently decided to show itself.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

"Multiple contacts," Attano said, as the auspex in his head lit up. "Approaching rapidly."

The Raven guard readied his flamer and checked to make sure his jump-pack was active. There was enough room here to use it, and he might need to close with something fast.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Dhiiga nodded once towards SAN and the two got their launchers ready. The two stuck to one of the planned flanks, Dhiiga insisting on staying near the already injured Cadmus in case he needed to attempt to deflect any future attacks. The second they saw actual movement from ahead or behind they'd start firing, seemingly hellbent on hitting a new record for number of explosions within a hulk.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Cadmus ignores the sound of the approaching swarm and snaps off a burst of bolter fire down into the church and you briefly see the outline of something moving as it moves too quickly to maintain it's camouflage. For a moment it's shape is visible as it appears to be watching you. It is perhaps twice as tall as even Xavier, and appears to be significantly larger then the reports of a typical Lictor. Then it seems to withdraw away from you and you lose sight of it as it's body adjusts to different surroundings. Whether it is still there is unclear.

Tyrax can feel the Tyranids approaching anyone sees them. The first of them emerge from the darkened corridors that lead down into the lower decks and move towards you at a run. More creatures emerge from either flank or from the ruins of decks further up the ship where they climb quickly down to join the others. From their larger foreclaws you recognise them as Hormagaunts, and their are more of them coming out of the ship then you can easily count. With the swarm are two larger creatures, although both of them are still dwarfed by the Lictor you just saw. A level above the church in the ruin of an armoury there is a four armed monster holding a fleshy device in it's lower arms that you realise is one of the Tyranid's ranged weapons. Another creature carrying multiple swords of sharpened bone runs low behind the horde of lesser Tyranids. It's apparently trying to present less of a target to your guns.

Octavius is unhurried, 'The Lictor will have to wait. Close up around the servitor and do not leave anyone unsupported.' Back the way you came there is the sound of twisting metal as something large forces it's way through a partially closed bulkhead. Behind you an equally large group of Hormagaunts are emerging from the command decks you just left. Behind them are two more of the warrior Tyranids carrying their strange ranged weapons. 'Make your shots count.'

Spoiler
    Show

That's one horde of 50 Hormagaunts and two Tyranid Warriors in either direction. Three of the warriors have guns.

+30 to shoot the Hordes, +20 to shoot the Tyranid Warriors on the basis of their size

Initiative is in the ooc, rolls I messed up the code for are here
    Tyrax (1d10+4)[5]
    Dhiiga (1d10+4)[11]

(1d10+10)[14]

Octavius gets to roll Command against Fear (3)
    vs. Fel 61
    (1d100)[80]

And he's using Fire for Effect for 2 cohesion. Everyone in squad mode can use their reaction to make a second ranged attack instead of dodging.

The +6 from Lead by Example still applies

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

At Cadmus' words Kvothe's eyes snap up, his hand going to his bolter (though not drawing it just yet). Even among the elite Space Marines of the Raven Guard, the officers had always had high praise for his ability to locate even minor out of place details, and he put those to good use in searching for any sign of the Xeno the Ultramarine had seen.

"I have eyes on the Lictor," Kvothe rumbled, gaze locked on it before it appeared to 'flicker' in and out of visibility, "Be careful; it's camouflage abilities are not to be underestimated." Then it disappeared from even his vision and it's kin began to circle in on them. Gritting his teeth the son of Corax drew his gun from it's holster and prepared for combat

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

"Try to kill the big ones. Xavier and I are well armed to deal with the small ones." Attano triggered his flamer, firing into the teeming mass of hormagaunts. He sent long bursts of prometheum washing back and forth across the deck, roasting any of the creatures unfortunate enough to be caught in the blast.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Agreed. Although I believe a flaming lictor may be a little easier to find, hohoho! The giant techmarine laughs to himself as he sweeps a gout of promethium across the room.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Dhiiga could almost be heard chuckling as a solid stream of rockets blast into what's left of the hordes. He does his best to distribute the explosions so that any that were weakened but still alive after the flamers would hopefully be downed, then moving on to the next one.

Spoiler: BLAT BLAT BLAT!
    Show
    Welp, rocket launchers are probably most effective against the hordes.
    Dhiiga Attack: (1d100)[7] vs 108
    Dhiiga Reaction Attack: (1d100)[15] vs 108

SAN Attack: (1d100)[38] vs 105
    SAN Reaction Attack: (1d100)[49] vs 105

Blast 8 (so +8 hits), Devastating 1, Explosive (so +1 hit)
    DD1: (2d10)[1][8](9)
    DD2: (2d10)[8][5](13)

SD1: (2d10)[7][7](14)
    SD2: (2d10)[1][1](2)
    New job, who dis?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

"In the name of the Emperor, be destroyed!" Kvothe rumbled as he brought his heavy bolter up towards the Tyranid that had been attacking their leader, opening fire with a wave of fully automatic bolter shells. A few of them actually managed to hit the foul xeno, even as it tried to dodge his spray, but by the time he ceased pulling the trigger it was bleeding a foul-looking liquid from it's wounds and it looked far more worse for the wear than before.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

The Kill Team's training seems to be more then a match for the Tyranid horde. On one flank much of the Hormagaunts are annihilated by flames and frag shrapnel, even as the few remaining creatures seem uninterested in the damage they're taking. The larger Tyranid accompanying them turns it's head towards the Astartes, as if to mark those responsible, before unfurling a large set of leathery wings from behind it's back and launching itself into the air. The other Tyranids unsuccessfully attempt to target the squad with their ranged weapons. To either side of you there are explosions of acidic spray that eat into the rubble you're standing on, while the larger Tyranid fires some sort of seed rapidly expands into a mass of hooked tendrils that seems to trying to reach for live prey. The warrior carrying this cannon only succeeds in making himself a target for Kvothe and Tyrax. While it's reactions are quick enough for it to twist aside even as the Heavy Bolter opens up, it cannot dodge everything and it is a mass of bloody wounds even before Tyrax finishes it off with a well aimed series of shots.

The rest of the Hormagaunts run forward and cover the same ground that you just moved through in a fraction of the time. As the rest of the squad exchanges fire with the Tyranids Xavier goes after the Lictor. With Kvothe's warning the creature is not entirely invisible if you have some idea of where to look for it. For a moment the creature is outlined in flames and it screeches in apparent pain before twisting away. The Lictor appears to be retreating from you towards a rent in the ship's floor. Xavier is reminded of the Lictor's habit of avoiding open battle in favour of taking easier prey through ambush. The Imperial Guard have been known to shell whole sections of the frontline just on the possibility that a Lictor is still present. If it is here at all, it is likely to be here to observe you and to wait for it's moment.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Round 2

So a Hormagaunt horde of 1 and another of 41.

The smaller one is in charge range (-20 to shoot because running), the larger is a bit further away (+10 to hit because running). All are in short range though (+10). The larger horde is too far away to burn at the moment.

Roll Awareness at -30 if anyone wants to watch where the Lictor is going.

Some of the Tyranids Warriors are hurt and the one with the Barbed Strangler is dead (+20 to hit because size, the one with wings is -10 to hit)

Fire for Effect (use reactions to make a standard attack) and Lead by Example (+6 to everything) still apply.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Dhiiga for his part is mostly interested in the horde still bearing down on them, launching a stream of rockets into the larger horde and hoping the holy fire will be enough to clean up the stragglers. Still the Blood Drinker looks out for the almost expected ambush at this point in time.

Spoiler: Once more, with feeling
    Show
    Attacking the 41 Magnitude Horde this time, shooting right into the mass if it matters too much.
    DA1: (1d100)[99] vs 98
    DD1: (2d10)[2][2](4)
    DA2: (1d100)[96] vs 98
    DD2: (2d10)[4][1](5)

SA1: (1d100)[93] vs 95
    SD1: (2d10)[3][3](6)
    SA2: (1d100)[78] vs 95
    SD2: (2d10)[5][1](6)

Awareness check: (1d100)[70] vs 26 (50-30+6)
    New job, who dis?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

With one of the Tyranid Warriors having fallen to his and Tyrax's efforts, Kvothe turned his attention to the one that flew above them. With it's greater range of mobility it was surely the one that needed to be killed next. "They fall before us brother!" the Raven Guard marine spoke as Attano used his jump pack and the Maul of the Gatekeepers to knock the xeno down to earth, his heavy voice audible even over the nigh constant sounds of gunfire within their makeshift battlefield, "Make them pay for every inch!" The Devastator raised his bolter, aiming at the xeno now that it had fallen to the ground and fired another burst at it, a few of the large shells impacted on it's flesh, slaying the Tyranid where it lay
    Last edited by TheNotoriousSMP; 2019-02-22 at 12:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"It thinks itself untouchable up there, Brother. I shall show it the error of its ways." Attano exchanged his flamer for the Maul of the Gatekeepers, hefting the massive hammer in both hands as his jump pack's turbines started up with a whine. He kicked off with a jump, powering into the air on wings of screaming metal and heading on a collision course with the winged warrior. As he drew near, he whipped the maul around in a massive blow, putting all the weight of his charge behind the strike.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Attano engages his jump pack and rises up to meet the Tyranid. The creature is already angling itself to fall upon the squad from above but it appears unfazed by this new attack. As it descends it attempts to swipe at Attano but the Raven Guard is far too quick for the Tyranid. With the power of the Maul of the Gate Keeper behind Attano's blow, the creature goes limp and falls out of the sky. It is subsequently an easy target for Kvothe who annihilates the stunned creature with a close range volley of heavy bolter shells.

On the ground the Kill Team continue to cut down the rest of the Tyranids. On one flank Xavier all but melts the remaining Hormagaunts, while on the other Dhiiga and his servitor destroy part of the other horde with a barrage of frag missiles. Both of the remaining Tyranids choose to target Octavius with one of the them actually connecting. The Ultramarine's helmet is marked by acidic spray that strips the paint off it but otherwise leaves him unharmed. Octavius merely wipes the spray from his visor before joining Alisan in returning fire on the same warrior. Mindful of these weapons, Tyrax attempts to play it safe and conjures a wall of force up around the Kill-Team. Any Hormagaunts who made it close to them would surely fall to their blades anyway. For the moment the oppressive weight of the Hive Mind's shadow is too much for him and his attempt fails.

Cadmus would have joined his fire to that of his brothers and hopefully finished off the wounded Tyranid, but something punctures the weak points in his armour and throws off his aim. Two fleshly sinews have emerged from nowhere and impaled themselves in Cadmus's neck and arm and something retracts them attempting to drag the Dark Angel off his feet. The Lictor has clearly returned and has chosen to go after the most wounded among you. To his credit, Cadmus plants his feet and keeps his balance but remains impaled for the moment.

Show

Round 3

Alisan did another 8 wounds on Tyranid 1. It's badly hurt but alive. Tyranid 3 is unharmed. Tyranids are +20 to shoot because of size.

The remaining Gaunts are magnitude 23. They're running so no penalty or bonus.

The Lictor is grappling Cadmus with flesh hooks. It's camouflaged but you can see where the hooks end and can target it without rolling awareness. It's +20 to hit because of size. It's close enough to charge.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

In the air, Attano spun through a quick turn, the turbines on his jump pack screaming. The Lictor was the next biggest threat, and fortunately, had just revealed its location. The assault marine angled his flight downwards, bringing the Maul of the Gatekeepers up over his head. Like a fist from the heavens, he hit the deck just in front of the Lictor, bringing the hammer down with all his strength.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

CADMUS! For once, Xavier does not sound amused. He turns towards the lictor and charges, boots thundering on the deck. As he closes with the beast, he lunges forward, driving his breaching auger into its chest. He drives it back, ichor fountaining over his armor, until it loses its purchase on the Dark Angel.

As the creature flees, he looks over his shoulder at Cadmus. Brother! It seems the beasts find you delicious, hoho.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

It's a testament to Kvothe's reserved nature that the lictor's sudden appearance behind Cadmus only causes his eyes to widen slightly as it's foul hooks impale the Dark Angel. "Cadmus!" he called out, but before he could turn his bolter towards the giant Tyranid beast he saw Attano and Xavier rushing to his aid. Not wanting to fire into such a crowded melee, the Raven Guard turned his attention back to the other, lesser Xenos.

Seeing that one of the beasts is still untouched by their arms fire, Kvothe aims and squeezes the trigger, growling in shock as his bolter jams! "Damnation!" is his sole response, and the son of Corax pulls his weapon close, preparing to perform the rituals meant to soothe the machine spirit.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Dhiiga and SAN continue their task of launching missiles into the dwindling horde, hoping to get them whittled down enough so that they don't overwhelm them if they get close enough. In reality the Blood Drinker didn't feel confident enough in his ability to take care of the warriors. When the Lictor showed up and pierced Cadmus in his wounded side Dhiiga calls out in reality, as opposed to over the vox like normal, "I HAD JUST FIXED THAT" in almost pure rage.

Spoiler: Attacks done in Discord
    Show
    GunhavenToday at 8:38 PM
    /r repeat(1d100, 4) # I think that's how I do.
    God-Emperor of MankindBOTToday at 8:38 PM
    @Gunhaven: repeat(1d100, 4) I think that's how I do. = (51) = 51, (89) = 89, (100) = 100, (15) = 15
    GunhavenToday at 8:39 PM
    DAMN YOU SAN
    TheNotoriousSMPToday at 8:39 PM
    It's a plague of 100s now!
    /r 1d10 # Do I blow up or is it a dud.
    God-Emperor of MankindBOTToday at 8:39 PM
    @Gunhaven: 1d10 Do I blow up or is it a dud. = (7) = 7
    Thank god.
    /r 6d10 # 3 Hits I think.
    God-Emperor of MankindBOTToday at 8:39 PM
    @Gunhaven: 6d10 3 Hits I think. = (10+5+2+9+1+1) = 28
    GunhavenToday at 8:40 PM
    /r 1d10 # Righteous Fury?
    God-Emperor of MankindBOTToday at 8:40 PM
    @Gunhaven: 1d10 Righteous Fury? = (4) = 4

Or I think 32 damage.
    New job, who dis?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Attano is very quick to react to the giant Lictor's reappearance while Xavier sees the flesh hooks and recognises them for what they are. Both marines charge the space where the creature is evidently standing even if they can only discern it's outline. Attano strikes it with the Maul and the Lictor lets out a frustrated roar that is soon after silenced by the sheer power behind Xavier's blow. The air blurs for a moment and the creature loses it's camouflage as it collapses. As it goes down Xavier can see the burns on it's back where the Balefire flames had caught it earlier. He can also see that these burns appear to be healing.

The reaction of the Hormagaunts is immediate, with the majority veering away from their targets in mid charge in order to attack Xavier and Attano. Half of the Kill Team are soon engulfed in a tidal wave of chitinous bladed limbs, and in most cases the Hormagaunts find the weak points in the squad's armour. As the Lictor falls, it's hooks fall limp and detach from Cadmus. The Dark Angel is initially inclined to go after the Lictor in retaliation, but fires on the Hormagaunts as the more pressing threat. Dhiiga and SAN follow with missiles that are fired into the backlines of the horde. Some of them explode uncomfortably close to the other marines, but their armour allows them to easily shrug off any damage. All the remaining Hormagaunts are blown apart. With the immediate area now mostly clear of Tyranids, Octavius and Tyrax are free to fire on the one remaining Warrior.

Show

Round 4

The Beast has Regeneration (6). It's stunned for a round. I'll worry about fate if it needs to burn one.

The wounded Tyranid Warrior withdraws. The other Warrior is heading towards the Kill Team (running cancels out the bonus to hit it for size). Octavius caused 13 wounds on it.

Retconned Octavius and Tyrax because the Hormagaunts were wiped out by the time their turn happened

Fire for Effect and Lead by Example still apply

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Holding his heavy bolter in both gauntlets, Kvothe began performing the ritual meant to soothe his weapon's machine spirit. After a few seconds his efforts were proven to be effective, as the bolter soon became unjammed and ready to fire at a moment's notice. With that done he looked towards the lictor with narrowed eyes, ready to bring holy fire upon it...that is if Attano and Xavier didn't kill it first.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Since you have arrived on Mortis Thule you have been aware of the distant sound of sections of the hulk moving against each other as different ships are pulled down by the space hulk's gravity. It is reminiscent of a world undergoing intense seismic activity or the sound of ships ramming into one another during a void engagement. As you can do little about it, you have ignored this sound as much as you can, but as Attano proceeds to finish off the stunned Tyranid the whole of the cavern you have been fighting in begins to shake at an alarming rate. There is an immense sound of metal breaking overhead, and looking up you can see the Ork ship that is the roof of this place moving as the internal pressures of the hulk act upon it and the Lux. As it does so, pieces of the Ork ship and the asteroid rock that has built up start to rain down upon you. You are sufficiently forewarned to avoid getting squashed, but some of the pieces are as large as a battle tank. One of these strikes the spot where the creature lies. Attano and Xavier are able to scramble back quickly as the boulder strikes the ground near them. A section of the floor collapses inwards under the weight and the body of the giant Lictor drops through the floor. In the distance, the one remaining Tyranid is crushed by more wreckage. Octavius recovers quickly, 'We need to get out of the open.'

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Attano pointed down the slope, towards where the Lictor had originally appeared. "Forwards, Brothers! The chapel will likely be reinforced, we can take cover there." The Raven guard had taken some bad hits from the Hormagaunts, but that could wait until they were out of the immediate danger.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Dhiiga took a couple deep breaths in as he quickly put away the launcher for right now and instead offered what assistance he could to the heavily injured Cadmus while SAN continued to provide fire support as they made their way to a better area to patch up the wounds suffered.

Spoiler: Getting it out of the way now
    Show
    Medicae Tests for errbody!?!
    I think I do 10 wounds for lightly wounded (dat 3*Toughness threshold) and 2 wounds otherwise, I'm just going to rapid fire a set of rolls and apply them alphabetically to those injured.

(1d100)[95] vs 86
    (1d100)[39] vs 86
    (1d100)[66] vs 86
    (1d100)[66] vs 86
    New job, who dis?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

You take shelter in the ruins of the Church below the still undamaged tapestry of the Infinity Gate. Even though it is gradually falling apart, it has likely already survived decades of similar quakes. Eventually the falling trails off and the hulk quietens. Looking back you judge that the rent you just passed through would be a lot harder to traverse if you had to go in the other direction. You take a moment to patch up any breaks in your armour while Dhiiga attends to any wounds. Most of them are minor, but Alisan took a blow to the head that is difficult for Dhiiga to fix in the field.

Despite being charged by the Hormagaunts, Octavius remains uninjured. To Attano, 'I think Captain Yngvar would be pleased by your use of that hammer. I am glad you are here.'

Cadmus remains pained by his earlier injury but is doing what he can not to show it. He will reply to Xavier now the immediate threat has passed, 'If they find me so delicious then they are welcome to choke on me.' He will send Xavier a code in a string of unfamiliar chapter runes. 'I would be embarrassed to die in this place, but I am obliged to you and the Raven for your intervention. That is a code that should make the machine spirit of The Sword of Corswain more biddable. I do not know of it, but it is a vessel of the First Legion and it is likely to be unfriendly to outsiders. Assuming of course my cousins do not survive there still.'

Now that the battle is over, some of you realise that you have heard stories of the giant Lictor before. Since the arrival of Hive Fleet Dagon, the number and type of Tyranid organisms encountered on Mortis Thule has been rising. Some of the more recent boarding actions conducted by the Deathwatch have encountered a creature reassembling a Lictor of unusual size. This creature, that has gained the informal name of the Beast, is responsible for the deaths of a handful of Deathwatch brothers since it was first encountered. On at least one occasion the creature was reportedly slain by a Crimson Fist named Tyr, but it has been seen since then. The creature seems to resemble the stories of the similarly singular Dagon Overlord, in that it is unclear whether there are more then one of these things or if it is capable of recovering from even the most serious of wounds. Xavier is at least reminded of how the burns he had inflicted seemed to heal even as he fought it.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

"My thanks." Attano said to Octavius. "It is a fine weapon. I hope to bring honour to its name, and I believe slaying some tyranids is a good start." Now that there was some downtime, the Raven Guard allowed Dhiiga to minister to his injuries whilst he himself worked on patching his armour and cleaning his weaponry. He acknowledged Cadmus with a nod, while he debated how much to share of the Lictor. Eventually, he came to a decision.

"I believe that creature was the one known as the Beast of Mortis Thule. It may have survived, as improbable as that seems, or there may be more of them. We should be wary. I will continue to scout ahead as we move on."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Octavius replies, 'If it comes back then we will kill it again. Eventually it will take.'

After a brief interlude you move on. Over some minor protests from both Octavius will ask the wounded Cadmus and Alisan to stay close to SAN at the centre of the squad while Tyrax brings up the rear.

Beyond the ruined church the corridors soon narrow off as you move down into the lower decks through the ruins of a lift shaft. SAN is only able to traverse this with difficulty and Yngvar’s still limp body must be briefly passed to one of the squad. The lower decks are exceedingly cramped with much of the corridors here space taken up by pipes, which just about leave room for an Astartes to move in single file. There are larger rooms for the ship’s crew, including bunk rooms and kitchens full of the remains of long spoilt food. Fighting here might be difficult, but initially you see no sign of any enemies. As you descend lower you find yourselves wading knee deep through water that has evidently been leaking from the deck’s refuse tanks. It is best not to look too closer at what else has leaked into this water for all that your armour protects you from it. There is no sign of life here, but as you move through what used to be a Grox pen, you begin to hear the distant sound of battle coming from ahead of you. There is the snarling and angry hissing of more Tyranids, and it is accompanied by a louder shrieking sound and a regular noise of what can only be weapons fire. It is likely that someone else has caught the Tyranid's attention.

From either side you can now hear movement as more Tyranids, apparently forgoing stealth, head in the direction of the battle. Judging by their position on the auspex, they may be making an effort to avoid you in favour of this new enemy. Octavius will halt you for a moment, 'The cargo bays should be close. If there is someone else ahead of us, I would know who it is.'

Show

Anyone who wants to scout ahead towards the battle can roll Stealth

Everyone can roll Awareness to know what you're hearing (-30)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Attano had scouted ahead, as he said he would. He was initially surprised to see the Tyranids ignoring the squad, but it made more sense when he began to hear the sounds of battle. After a moment spent listening, wanting to be sure of what he heard, he decided they were indeed familiar, and he clicked his vox.

"Eldar ahead, Brothers. I recognise the sounds of their unholy weaponry."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Dhiiga is too busy ignoring the protests from his armor's machine spirits about having to go through such muck, muttering to himself about how he'll clean it before the next skirmish. He'll take up a position just in front of the wounded, sword at the ready since the odds of him rocketing the team accidentally are a bit too high for his liking, and be more concerned that they don't get any sort of infection from all the filth they're wading through.
    New job, who dis?