New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

"Yeah, I could use a moment to pack up, but otherwise I'm ready to go. Three days by foot, right?" Tek asked as he scratched a diagram into the clay of the table. "I could probably make it in two, flying." He looked to the Warden and those others gathered around the table. "But that's probably a bad idea, isn't it? Showing up a day early might alert the cultists to something, and I can't track 'em all down on my own."
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"Probably best to travel together." Elmir finishes his tea, and gathers himself.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"All right then." Glim gets up to go pack.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faye lingers a bit longer, pondering, while some of her companions are already taking their leave. The seriousness of Zavvix' words weighs heavy on her. Also, there was something disturbing in Ravenor's determination. Am I taking things too easy? One of her old master's counsels back at the monastery comes to her mind: 'Learn to listen. There are those who have seen things you are yet to see. Take heed of their words.' „I will.“ she mumbles to herself, her head bowed.

As she looks up again, adventurousness and confidence have returned to her face. „My lord Warden, at your service.“ With these words, she takes her leave from the Inner Sanctum. There's two hours to get ready for another journey.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Once he notices that people are leaving to pack up their belongings Tek stands from his seat, inclines his head to the Warden, and heads off to do the same. All the while he sifts through the conversation to try and get an idea of the others set on this task.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I haven't anymore questions. Ready to roll.
    Games GMed

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'm ready when you all are." Ravenor says as he starts to head out.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

You all go to your small quarters within the temple to gather your belongings, preparing for travel. You all meet in one of the many large rooms inlaid with green stone providing leave from the temple. One of you procures the map Zavvix provided as you stride out of the massive doors and into the vast and beautiful forest.

What is everyone doing on the first day of travel?
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

During the first day of travel Tek volunteers to scout out above the treetops. While it's an excuse to get some wind in his wings, he really does scout out landmarks and compare their progress to the map they were provided with. Part way through the day he returns with a sack of berries and fruits that he knows to be edible and shares them out.

Spoiler: OOC: Outlander
    Show
    Using my Background Feature: Wanderer to not only keep us inline with the map, but find food for up to six persons.
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2018-11-03 at 03:50 AM.
    Games GMed

9. - Top - End - #39
    Colossus in the Playground

Rebecca for her part will try striking up causal conversation and keep an eye out for anything dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faye enjoys conversation with everone who's up to it. Usually travelling by herself, she's quite happy about having others around and getting to know her new companions better.

Also, she's still thrilled with the Vipernoss and its wonders and absorbs the impressions of the surroundings. Maybe, she'll even find some edible plants or mushrooms by looking around.

Spoiler: OOC: Foraging
    Show

Wisdom (Survival): (1d20+4)[8]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Elmir walks near the center of the party, making a bit of conversation when prompted, but mostly keeping to himself.

Show
    Sorry, didn't grasp the question at first

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim will also stay near the center, conversing with the others. He'll also keep an eye out for food he can gather.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using the wanderer feature from the outlander background.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar keeps among the group as well, conversing with anyone to pass the time, usually by regaling stories he had in his retinue. Most of them the sort heard in less-expensive taverns and places of similar reputation. Not the material he would perform in better company. Whenever no one speaks to him, he simply watches the landscape move by around them, and occasionally practices his pan flute. Walking while playing often made his tones uneven, a skill that he found could easily be trained while on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

14. - Top - End - #44

After a day of travel as the light shines down on you, Tek notices from the top of the canopy that the skies are beginning to cloud. You decide to camp down for the day in a small grove as the rain begins to pound down.

As you set a small campfire, I would like you to decide who will take first watch and make a perception check.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

At the first mention of the night's watch, Elmir perks up. "I'll take whatever time is left over," is his immediate position on the matter.

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (1d20+5)[19]

16. - Top - End - #46

I will take second watch. Rebecca offered.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Then I'll take first watch," Tek responds to the others. He was a little too excited to sleep just yet anyway and he had a good eye for movement.
    Games GMed

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Fine. And I'll take last watch. I'm up early anyway."

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

(1d20+4)[18]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I can help with any watch needed."

Show
    (1d20-1)[7]
    Dunno why I did the minus 1 lol, it would actually be +2, for a total of 10. My bad.
    Last edited by Tekrow; 2018-11-04 at 11:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

"It sounds like third watch will be mine."
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

21. - Top - End - #51

As you bed down amidst the pattering of the rain and darkening of the sky, you rest and settle until all but but Tek are sound asleep. Amidst the sounds of thunder, Tek keeps careful watch, keeping eagle eyes pointed towards the darkened wood.

In the deep evening, the rain intensifies a bit as Tek rouses Rebecca from an odd dream about walking through a forest hearing laughter echoing all around. She tries to stay alert, but keeps dozing and getting distracted. Despite her poor watch, nothing sniffs around the campsite.

Elmir emerges from his trance as the half-asleep Becca taps him on the shoulder before falling into her bedroll. As the rain drums on the canopy, Elmir's eyes pierce the darkness. He keeps a careful watch until the surroundings take on the indigo glow of the rising sun. He creeps over to Faye, who leaps to attention and takes the final watch until the sun's golden crest advances over the horizon and the rain slows to a drizzle. Faye wakes you up as you all prepare for today's travel.

What are you doing on this more dreary day of travel?9

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Elmir continues on as before. The main difference this day is that he has raised the stump of a leathery wing from under the pelt, shielding himself from the rain with it.

23. - Top - End - #53

Rebecca will continue trying to keep an eye out.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception (1d20+4)[16]

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Tek takes to the treetops once again, scouting ahead and keeping the party in line with what landmarks they find.
    Games GMed

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar keeps an eye open for anything that can be quickly foraged without slowing down the group. Every morsel could save them time and energy later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival: (1d20)[12]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ravenor takes out his flute and starts playing it along the way.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim plods along, noting anything interesting in the landscape or wildlife.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faye walked along, her hood pulled down low over her face against the rain. She peered forth from under it, observing her surroundings. With the rain continuing, she would prefer a dry place to sleep tonight. Maybe they could find a small cave or a woodman's hut nearby.

Show

Perception: (1d20+4)[16]
    Survival: (1d20+4)[10]

29. - Top - End - #59

The second day passes uneventfully, the pitter patter of soft rain against the leaves providing a pleasant backdrop to your travels. About mid-afternoon the sun emerges from the cloud cover, blanketing the world in a white glow before it begins to set.

As evening comes and the sun sets, Faye spots a small cave, warm and dry inside. It's barely enough to fit all of you, but at least you won't sleep on a wet blanket of leaves. As you light a small fire to cook your evening meal on, you discuss rests again. Will you be taking the same order of watches or different ones?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"I'll take the fourth watch this time around, I don't see too well in the dark," Tek offers when the conversation comes up. It was the truth, but he was also more tired than he wanted to admit after only two days of travel. It had been a while since he'd left the Temple of Harmony.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Perception (1d20+5)[24]
    Games GMed