New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: The Three Faces of Evil (IC)

"my friends i think i might need to up my wisdom and i would like something more then moss for my feet"

"i do hope that the animals are fairing well it has been some time sence we have seen ticka or your dog makom."

Waldar sits looking in to the mirror "i wonder just what this place is for and why would they try to sway nature in this manor. i should think there are easier ways of doing this." Waldar walks of to the worms in the lab devices and studies them for a bit.
    think not you are being watched
    THINK AGAIN

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post I love the night life, I like to. . . .

DM to party
    The night passes without incident. The party rests uncomfortably knowing that the threat against the party is still out there. No answers to the questions of WHY the party is being hunted makes an uneasy feeling.

Waldar, even being alone is probably the safest. The shelter of the forrest provides him concealment from the shifting and prying eyes of the lower belly of Sharn.

Makom, Relic and Dronin find good company in the Temple of Dol Dorn. Though the accomadations are sparce, it is clean and warm.

Auruman and Nailo put the life of an adventurer on hold for the night as they drink, mingle and womanize. . . Auruman is gifting in the art of seduction, Nailo often excuses himself to the back to shift into another form in order to get the next girl's attention. The two are deadly with swords and the silver tongued lies that men use to get what they want from girls.

The night is very much alive in Sharn. The battles waged in the arena will be coming very soon. This air has captivated most of the surrounding district with talks of favored fighters, stories of the past and waggers for the present.

Unless the party does nothing else, the 5th day starts and Waldar is due to link up around 1500 that day.
    Nagrom "Frostfell" Vananix 4 Elemental Savant [Electric] / 4 Lore Master / 5 Wizard

240 point damage dealt leader

Dungeon Master - - 10 Party Wiper/5 Trap Placer/5 Plot Twister
    Party Members Killed 2 (and counting)

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Into the Mindflayer Realm

DM to the party -

The strange sites and sounds of this unground lair have been unforgiving to the party. Both behind and the way ahead oozes with death and destruction. From the tunnel that cuts underneath the busy streets of Sharn, a menance grows in power.

The unusual cooperative nature of this Mindflayer has brought many thralls into its service. The dopplegangers, their master a greater doppleganger, drow, the alien Octopins and now a Vrock are all very mysterious.

The last battle almost claimed the life of two members of the party. If not for the quick reactions of some members the others would have perished. But why did the upperhanded Vrock run away? What lurks around the corner? Could it be more Octopins? The mindflayer you fought before? Or something else entirely is around the corner?!

What does the party do? Where do they rest? Should they rest?

Muuuuuhahahahahahaha! Muuuuuuuuhahahahaha!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lightbulb Nagrom shakes off the attack

as player.

Nagrom comes to after unleashing the power of the Three Thunders.
    I hate when that happens!

We must be careful that this cleric has created or has control of these Spawn. In my research I did not find that the Spawn can be controlled as undead are. But if they can be guided then that is truely disturbing.

She collects her thoughts.

These guardians not only do not rest, but can inflict their deadly disease on us all. We need to be prepared to tie each other up should WE get inflicted. The alternative is death. . . .

5. - Top - End - #95
    Halfling in the Playground

DrowGuy

Auramun puts the tips of his scimitars on the ground and leans easily on them surveying the room; some sort of force field around the dead cleric with a silence spell radiating around these strange scrolls. . . even more wierd are the fact that the scrolls are glowing and emitting a strange beam of green light that leads to that doorway. . . He ***** his head to the side and purses his face up in thought then turns away tawords the others.

Well Nagrom I agree with your assessment that these things could infect us, though instead of death I think we should try to determine if it is disease or curse that infects us and buy wands, potions or scrolls to combat the effect. You also said that we could use a paste made from the crushed remains of these worms. . .

Auramun seems to have an idea and moves quickly down the hallway to the training room and the room with the coffins.

He very carefully gathers up a mass of the dead worms from the spawn and puts them in a container he finds in the training room and proceeds to crush and mush them in the container with a broken table leg till it becomes the consistancy of pudding and hands it to Nagrom.

What do you think? Should we try it out in case we come across any more of these crazy undead worms? We should be on our way--we dont want anyone to miss us in the halls we're supposed to be in.
    ~SAVE AN ELF--RIDE A GNOME~

Auramun (Starfall) Ga'Lanodel; 5 Fighter / 8 Dervish, Ever the Vigilant Eye

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

The paste will help. In the heat of combat we may have to use Waldar's rope, unless we apply this paste.

There is enough in the last room to make enough for all of us. I agree that we take our time to collect and create this paste.

Nagrom turns her attention to the scroll still sheading light in the area. She bends down to examine it without touching it.
    Nagrom "Frostfell" Vananix 4 Elemental Savant [Electric] / 4 Lore Master / 5 Wizard

7. - Top - End - #97

DrowGuy

You mean she looks up?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom View Post
    The paste will help. In the heat of combat we may have to use Waldar's rope, unless we apply this paste.

There is enough in the last room to make enough for all of us. I agree that we take our time to collect and create this paste.

Nagrom turns her attention to the scroll still sheading light in the area. She bends down to examine it without touching it.

8. - Top - End - #98

MonkGuy

The colusium roars above you is faintly heard as you stand in this chamber. On a alter to the west a scroll strangly glows green and has a magical green light meandering to the closed door to the east. There is the door that you came through to the south and a closed door to the north. In the room there is the body of a Tifling that you have just slain.
    Dol Doran is my sword and all that I need

Cleric 5 / Monk 1 / Sacred Fist 2 / SAINT

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

My friends, let's not waste too much time away. We may draw undue attention to ourselves should we not be present for the next fight!

Whatever else is down here will have to wait. I say we take and hide the scroll in order to make the next fight! I stil have to study my books.

10. - Top - End - #100

DrowGuy

We've still got over 24 hours till our next fight, I say we make sure this area is clear so as not to raise any alarm that there is an intruder or spy in the arena--and the fact of the matter is the patron of this fine arena already has a bounty on our head so his finger would automatically point to us if we leave a mess.

11. - Top - End - #101

MonkGuy

Nallio discovers that when he touches the scrolls he finds he can speak to a dark creature that calls himself the apostle of Kyuss. By following the light from the scrolls you find a gargantuian monstrosity half asleep in a protected shell.
    Unable to releace or destroy the monster you travel on to the next room. There you find Eleckams sister now a zombie. Futhere inspection of her reveals that she was most likely killed a year ago by strangulation. Also in the room you find a distrubing chest with images of Kyuss and his spawns. While attemting to open the chest Nalio sets off a sinister trap in which he fights with his mind to stay in reality. He survives both times yet has worms burst from his hands leaving him weaker than before. Unable to open the chest he turns to Relic to crush the chest. Relic insted of using his phisical might uses his spirit. Relics turn checks supress the great evil with in the chest. Nalio is able to safley open the chest and the party recieves the great treasures inside.
    The next room is small and has a strange curtain in it. everyone gathers in the room and Auroman peeks throught the vail. Behind it a Alkilth is waiting and attacks. The battle is fearce yet the party eventualy overwhelms the demon.
    The party moves on down the last hall to find a door. on the other side they can hear people talking about laundry. Not wanting to hurt inocents and/or alert the colusium they head back to the bypassed secret door and staircase.
    They find themselfes in a wine room where Nagrom picks up a nice bottle of wine and they move on. Waldar creates a distraction of turning into a lion and running around the gaurd room. while the garuds run around looking for the escaped animal Vigilent Eye return to the holding area.

Now waiting in the Coniboy four teams head out and only one came back victorious. Your manager is still there holding a bird awaiting any final instructions so he can assist with the next days battle.
    Last edited by Dronin; 2008-02-10 at 01:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lightbulb Nagrom's list

Good Sir. There are a few items I would like to purchase.

She hands him a neatly defined list on parchment. It reads:

Two scrolls of Dispel Magic
    One scroll of Ectoplasmic Armor (level1)
    Benign Transportation (level1)
    Targetting Ray (levle1)
    Distract Assailant (level1)
    Sting Ray (level2)
    Ray of Deanimation (level4)

I know my list is long, but I'm sure to use at least one of the spells in the fight. The others, in time, will assist the party.

Thank you, and I will have the gold to pay you when we win tomorrow's contest!

13. - Top - End - #103

DrowGuy

Auramun looks reluctant as he hands over both of his Adamantine Scimitars to the teams manager--then hands over the extra gold to complete the order for the new magical Starmetal Scimitars he had ordered previouslly.

Thank you for your assistance, and dont worry we'll get your sister back for you when the time comes, and she will be avenged.

14. - Top - End - #104

MonkGuy

The greatful manager gathers the things given him to sell and the bird and takes his leave of you.
    There are still 11 teams still in the area but by tonight there will be only 5 others. Even battle worn the other teams look fearce and fearless.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lightbulb Nagrom gets ready to bed down

Unless you need something of me, I'll be getting ready for the next contest.

Relic I may not ride in your pack this time around. Waldar and I have devised a interesting plan.

Nagrom gives the half-orc druid a sly grin.

Just remember Waldar to drop your rope before hand.

Nagrom goes to the corner of the room and begins scribing:
    level 1 mage armor (25gp)
    level 1 reduce person (25gp)
    level 1 expeditious retreat (25gp)

Afterwards she studies her spells and then retires for the night.

16. - Top - End - #106

DrowGuy

Auramun looks from the gnome to the half-orc. . . .

. . . Waldor will turn into a cheetah and tie the rope around himself and the gnome will tie one end around her and cast levitate or fly on herself and it'll be a gnome parasailing around the arena raining death and destruction down on our foes--Ingenious!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not familar with the word 'parasailing', but from what I gather from your assessment the 'death and destruction' and riding on a shapeshifted Waldar is pretty close.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post The fall of Makom

Nagrom is sadened by the loss of Makom.

He was a valiant and fearless warrior. His spirt rests soundly with his gods.

She keeps a keen eye on Nailo to see if any items go untouched.

Waldar should you succeed in your encantation, Makom will rise again! Save another form, which I will gladly embrace!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post The search for Allustran

The party avoided the powerful worm only to stubble across the black mirror and its guardian.

After Dronin and Waldar defeat the undead monstrosity they were able to join the others on the other side of the portal. The area on this side is even more foreign than that of the Whispering Carin. Or is it in the Cairn at all?

On the jaunt to the other side, all of the party members are reunited. Not only with themselves but with the ever twisting plot of the Age of Worms.

Greeting the member are sinister bat like creatures that materialize what seems to be from the smoke and ash around you. You're surrounded.

Roll for iniative. . . . . . Muhahahahahahaha

20. - Top - End - #110
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Seal of Law

The perilous journey towards the great gates of the General Icisocol is complete. But the chaos demon that guarded the tomb wasn't the only danger between the party and the light of the outside world. Still remain are the greater wind elementals, the creature who calls himself the 'Flycatcher' and the black dragon of Dragotha.

You open up the tomb and you see. . .

21. - Top - End - #111

DrowGuy

See a greater mummie that was Iscitol(sp?) ?!?!? and he's shooting 'freakin' laser beams from his head.

22. - Top - End - #112

MonkGuy

First I heal up the group. Once done and the cofin is opend and I see that there is no more threats here. I take up a position at the door and rest.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Nagrom examines the room

Nagrom's curious nature gets the best of her. When her host excuses himself she takes a 'tour' of the room noting anything of recent study.