New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

[Rescue - Maze]

Okay, with the Maria problem seemingly... dealt with(?), Adir decides to turn on their other foes. Or most particularly he turns on that rolling ball of rocks that's going after Anika. Oh, yeah, definitely no shenanigans afoot here.

He's not sure he actually did anything to stop that strange woman, but he can sure try to keep Anika safe. Thinking with the only tool he has at hand, the stag lunges forward into the fray, screaming, "Lookout!"

...No, that's not all he does. He also swings his forge-bow-thing like a thirty pound metal baseball bat, putting all his monstrous strength into the blow. He tries to hit Zefir's rolling boulder, hoping to either break it apart or send it spinning away. Keeping in mind that Adir is a whole lot stronger than he should be now. He can flip a car with a lot of effort.

Of course, this will undoubtedly doom his poor weapon to a life as scrap metal, but it's a small price to pay. He can always fix it later, with all that free time he has... sure...
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rescue - Front Entrance]

A young woman looking to be in her late teens walks up to the front door. She possesses dark crimson hair with a single black streak all of which comes too low over her eyes. This may explain why she had difficulty walking in a straight line to the entrance, but more likely it was the fog surrounding the place. Fog she finds rather cool as a special effect.

The woman knocks on the front door and calls out, "Like, I'm Raven Ebondark and I'm here to join up, or whatever." Raven Ebondark spends the next few moments checking her nails and making sure her black on black gothic clothing isn't too neat.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-08-13 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Rescue - Maze]

To be fair, Anika didn't really dodge the stone when it fell down. She was just moving after the henchmen, oblivious of the stones existence.

Adir serves to point it out to her however and she turns to face it. A rock...?
    Whatever. She wouldn't even try to dodge since it seemed difficult at this point.

As a safety procedure in case Adir wouldn't be able to stop that apparently dangerous rock and that weird magic woman would cause anything with her arcane gestures and mumbling, she is going to use some of her own magic.
    In a instant, her fur starts turning grey as for a short span of time it will become even more resistant to damage. As this happens, she decides to ignore all the henchmen and AMEN members and go straight for her goal. The cell. She will charge straight towards it and just attempt to knock aside anything or anyone standing in her way.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Another time, Another Office]

Zefir is waiting here. Someone has asked for membership. Thought this is only a hologramm since Zefir thought it's better that way. It's hard to see with your own eyes so if you got any way to feel livings around you or touch it you will know hes fake.
    [Shuyoru and Zefir]

Yewa walks into the office. "Boss, you've met me. I registered as myself! Buuut then I stepped out, and reported to my boss, and he wants to meet you." She starts talking, then transforms into a little black kid of about 8 years old, with red eyes and black sclera/cornea, the black 'eye whites' marking him as a member of a race that's been walking around the Nexus recently. His voice is tinged with baby-sounding words, making him seem even younger. "Yewa didn't come back, I did. I'm her boss and handler, she's been with me for... it'll be a century, soon. I would like my number two (Yewa) to remain a member of this place on paper, since either one of us could choose to remain in the building at any time."

"Call me Shuyoru." He doesn't make any indication as to this fact, but he's sensed already that the Zefir in front of him is a hologram. Hologram technology is used where he's from, so he's learnt to tell when he's looking at a hologram. That is, if the absence of the feel of flowing blood didn't already alert him to that fact.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #305

NinjaGuy

[Rescue - Maze]

The henchmen saw Zefir fling the rock, and data on Wenomir was included in their basic databases. As such, two of them duck as soon as the rock is deflected, and it misses them as it goes sailing behind them, the others standing far enough away that the rock won't hit them.

As Maria blows away, the tech henchmen open fire at Adir and Wenomir, being careful to avoid sending rounds at Zefir. They don't seem to be armed with anything heavier than normal assault rifles, though.

[Cloning Tank Room]

Zenon nods at Requiem, but otherwise doesn't move. He needs to stay where he is for his radar shenanigans to actually work.

"Yes, I can issue orders to them, and they can relay to our regular forces if needed." He waits, listening to her plan, shrugs and nods.

"It's worth a try to get a spy into VIGIL one way or another. If she leads them out one of the secret entrances, we'll need to block it later, but I would think they'd be more inclined to trust her. I'll rearrange some forces."

His helmet crystal glows again as he gives the orders.

"I will have them block the entrance, in fact, we should do that anyways. Give more power to the illusion that we don't want them to escape with the prisoner. You might want to have her hide near the entrance to sell the illusion that she can't get through."

A few minutes after Requiem suggests it, no less than a dozen of the new tech henchmen have swarmed out to the front entrance, covering a number of hallways as well as a squad of four that take up positions to guard the front door. When the knock comes, they all turn in unison, aiming their weapons at the door. One of them activates the intercom, a monotonous, mechanical voice intoning out of it to the teenager at the other side.

"Facility locked down. Come back later."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2019-08-16 at 07:41 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

6. - Top - End - #306

[Rescue - Cloning Tank Room] - Requiem #2, codename The Ginger

The Ginger facepalms. This is poor timing. C'mon, think. It's hard enough to concentrate and think when your mind is split across three bodies, so why did this all have to happen right now? She hadn't even had the time to set up something. She was still planning it out, for goodness's sake!

Possibility one: that's backup for VIGIL. In which case, Teenage her needs to appear like she's trying to escape.

Ugh. She'll need a vacation after this is over. Thinking this hard is seriously giving her a headache. And all three of her are doing something vital.

Possibility two: Seriously unlucky, it actually is a new recruit. She needs to greet her and inform her of what's going on, because sooner or later VIGIL is going to be trying to push back through the door and getting the new recruit killed before they can even join...isn't good.

Not to mention, there's the question of 'how can I make this appear not staged?'.

Meanwhile
    [Almost away from the volcano] - Requiem #1, codename Blondes Have More Fun

Blondes Have More Fun just left the bottom of the mountain.
    The plan that she's coming up with might require Blondes Have More Fun to be there. She turns around and starts running back to and up the mountain. Luckily, this is the body she takes out most often so it's also the one that's most in shape, which means she'll probably be up there soon. In time to intervene, if necessary.

Meanwhile
    [Front Entrance] - Requiem #3, codename My Life As A Teenage Requiem, or just Requiem for short

As Requiem is only beginning to think through the plan, she is still undecided on everything that needs to happen, but the first thing she already had planned is to appear like she's injured.

"I have a plan, but I need all of you on the other side of the room."
    She points at one of the tech-henchmen, one with a combat knife. "Knife. Give me a shallow cut, deeper where the bone is." She traces along her shoulder, including part of her shirt. "And stab me in the leg."
    While bracing for the pain, she gives the next order to someone else. "As I open up the door, shout the order to take me alive if possible."
    Okay, now that she's cut, she's bleeding now. It hurts, but most the plan is thought through. She points at five more. "When I give the order, shoot the couch five times." She points at one with a pistol. "Shoot my right shoulder." Someone with a rifle. "My left hand."

"Okay..." Requiem takes in quick breaths, trying to brace herself in preparation for the pain. "Fire."

Several gunshots ring out. This...is far too painful. "B...blonde me will...give you more orders," she says, through grit teeth. She had forgotten how much getting shot hurts.

She slaps her face twice to flush it up, and to get some blood on it. Okay, fast and deep breaths, like she's been running.

Requiem runs towards the door, and starts to open it.
    "Remember! Alive, if possible!"

Requiem looks up at Raven Ebondarkblack. "Please...please tell me...you're with VIGIL," she says, sounding desperate.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-08-13 at 11:12 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rescue - Front Door]

While Requiem is working out and enacting her plan, Raven Ebondark at least has the curtesy to not leave when told the place is locked down. "Like, don't leave for tomorrow what today can do or you'll... Uhh... Get nine stitches. For serious, that's how that saying goes. And, like, it's super easy to unlock the door. I do it all the time. You like, just turn the thingy to the right... No wait... Is it to the left?" Raven sounds substantially less sure about how easy it is to unlock a door than when she started this line of thought.

"Oh wait you figured it out." She says in a drab monotone, though the muffled sounds of gun fire has admittedly put her on edge and she steps away to the side of the door as it opens so that maybe she doesn't get shot.

Raven looks Requiem up and down. "Gawwwd no, I'm not with those dorks. Uhh... Bloody is a good look and all, but like... Who're you?" Despite a laissez-faire attitude, her face does betray hints of concern. Though whether that's for Requiem's well being or for whatever might be after her is up for debate.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #308

[Rescue - Front Door]

Honestly, Requiem was hoping the person at the door was actually with Vigil, because that would make everything so much simpler. Ugh. Why can't things be easy?

...The henchmen still stand, weapons raised, at the other side of the room. Presumably they're not shooting because they want to take her alive, or something like that.

"O-oh," teenage Requiem says, her face going white with worry. Or maybe that's just blood loss. Also, her text color changes from indigo to a lighter shade of purple. Probably also caused by her blood loss, but it's entirely possible it's just to help distinguish between her and...the other her.
    Requiem tries to push past Raven. "I-I need to g---"

The benefit of having two bodies is that you can interrupt yourself at the perfect moment.
    "Hey! Stop her, don't let her go!" This phrase can be heard shouted up the volcano to Raven, because Blondes Have More Fun hasn't had the chance to get completely up the volcano yet. Nearly there. She only tripped once (it was when the other-her got shot).
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

[Rescue - Maze]

Using the brief distraction caused by the deflected rocks, Wenomir ducks and weaves among the hail of bullets to follow Anika.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

10. - Top - End - #310

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Shuyoru and Zefir]

Yewa walks into the office. "Boss, you've met me. I registered as myself! Buuut then I stepped out, and reported to my boss, and he wants to meet you." She starts talking, then transforms into a little black kid of about 8 years old, with red eyes and black sclera/cornea, the black 'eye whites' marking him as a member of a race that's been walking around the Nexus recently. His voice is tinged with baby-sounding words, making him seem even younger. "Yewa didn't come back, I did. I'm her boss and handler, she's been with me for... it'll be a century, soon. I would like my number two (Yewa) to remain a member of this place on paper, since either one of us could choose to remain in the building at any time."

"Call me Shuyoru." He doesn't make any indication as to this fact, but he's sensed already that the Zefir in front of him is a hologram. Hologram technology is used where he's from, so he's learnt to tell when he's looking at a hologram. That is, if the absence of the feel of flowing blood didn't already alert him to that fact.
    [Shuyoru and Zefir]

I note that this kind of technologie is ffar beyond. So as I say, unless you test it by trying to touch him or have a way to sense things like smelling or so it's near impossible to tell the difference. A very fine piece that tricks the eye and the ear.

Zefir's player doesn't know what race he is. Since it is around the Nexus recently, it can't be a Vampire. Those have appeared quiet alot.
    "Well, Your not leaving a good point there sneaking in the baseunder your underlings skin." he says. Zefir doesn't appear confused or shocked by the young boy appereance. He has seen some very different forms for magicuser and a child like one is rather normal in that line.
    "Is there anybody hunting you right now?"

[Rescue - Maze]

The rock Adir wants to bat, after he passed the distance that opened while he was on the phone, appears much more forcefull then he might have guessed. It doesn't break when hit, but the rock seems to match his strength. Much like something is behind it pushing it. As a result the rock runs down the imprived bat (which might be damaged as mentioned) and heads right into the wall, like Adir just altered his path instead of batting it back. The stone seems stuck for now and doesn't move anymore.

Zefir in that time let's Aniki and Wenomir pass. they seem to be to busy to notice him which is the whole deal with the suit. Just Adir seems to be missing, but he sure wants to get away since the henchman opened fire at him.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #311
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Rescue - Dungeon]

"Okay, we're definitely actually hearing that."
    "Here they come." Omiko informs the two henchmen she assigned to watching the prisoners. "Open fire as soon as they come through the dungeon door."

One henchman is kind of near the door, the other is at the end of the hall. Omiko herself is lounging right outside Ilpholin's cell (which is the first one on the left). Which as far as we know, contains one(1) unconscious Ilpholin hooked up to various IVs and medical monitors, just in case. There's also Zefir's torture devices shoved over to the other side of the cell. She's not considered much of an escape risk, since she hasn't moved under her own power in quite a while.

And there's two other prisoners in the cells, which I think Omiko put there just in hopes of complicating things.
    On the right there's a cell with a striped catgirl, and further down on the left we've got this grizzled sea captain.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #312

[Rescue - Maze]

Adir winces as he sees the rock make impact. He averted it... sort of... but it grinds along the whole length of his weapon as he turns it aside, and his powered bow is ruined for the time being. Ah well. Small price to pay to keep a friend from getting beaned, even if she now had some kind of stoneskin effect going on.

The stag has just enough time to slip the bow's sling over his head and put it on his back again before he's pelted with gunfire. Thankfully, small arms fire isn't much of a deterrent to the stag any more even when he isn't fully kitted out. Of course, he hasn't actually had the chance to test this yet, so he still falters back a step before raising his arm to shield his face and lunging away from the bullets.

Unless the henchmen can bring something worse to bear, Adir will hunch his shoulders and follow Anika too, drawing a new pair of weapons - some sort of enormous sidearm and a thing that looks like an absurdly miniaturized grenade launcher. He'll be happy to ram his shoulder or boot into any henchmen that decide to bar their way.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Rescue - Front Door]

Honestly, Requiem was hoping the person at the door was actually with Vigil, because that would make everything so much simpler. Ugh. Why can't things be easy?

...The henchmen still stand, weapons raised, at the other side of the room. Presumably they're not shooting because they want to take her alive, or something like that.

"O-oh," teenage Requiem says, her face going white with worry. Or maybe that's just blood loss. Also, her text color changes from indigo to a lighter shade of purple. Probably also caused by her blood loss, but it's entirely possible it's just to help distinguish between her and...the other her.
    Requiem tries to push past Raven. "I-I need to g---"

The benefit of having two bodies is that you can interrupt yourself at the perfect moment.
    "Hey! Stop her, don't let her go!" This phrase can be heard shouted up the volcano to Raven, because Blondes Have More Fun hasn't had the chance to get completely up the volcano yet. Nearly there. She only tripped once (it was when the other-her got shot).
    [Rescue - Front Door]

If things were easy, they wouldn't be fun. Or so people claim. They're wrong sometimes. And right others.

"Hey *******. You, like, didn't answer my question." Raven Ebondark puts her foot out to trip Requiem as she tries to slip by the goth. Rude. Very rude.

Maybe she just doesn't want the guys with guns shooting at her so figures not being in league with the escapee?? was the safest way not to get murdered.

Or she's just evil. Possibly. If Requiem fell over, Raven will try to step on her back with one black heel to hold her down. Ebondark's stronger than she looks, but maybe Requiem wiggles away anyways.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2019-08-21 at 09:03 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #314

[Rescue - Maze]

Wait, no one was even attempting to stop her? That was totally suspicious!
    But she was confident she could be able to bypass any trap AMEN might have put in her way. She just needed to keep an eye out for them.
    Now the effect of her iron fur starts fading but she had tried to make sure to put as much distance between the AMEN goons and herself before that happened.

15. - Top - End - #315

NinjaGuy

[Rescue - Maze]

The tech henchmen cease fire as the group of VIGILantes flees deeper into the maze towards the dungeon area, and hold position. They were behind the group, after all, and their orders were to engage the VIGILantes, push them towards the dungeon and Omiko, and support any other AMEN members that engaged them. With their initial instructions completed, they move up as a group after waiting for the Adir, Anika and Wenomir to move out of line of sight, making quick, loud movements designed to encourage the group to keep moving.

One of them, though, pauses as they move up to check on Zefir, the one with thermal vision. It doesn't speak, but it does give him a hand signal, gesturing to indicate if the AMEN leader is hurt, not wanting to risk exposing the AMEN leader's illusion should the VIGILantes still be listening for the group.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

[Rescue - Maze]

Wenomir heads deeper into the maze alongside Anika and Adir. So far, so good.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Pixie in the Playground

[Shuyoru and Zefir]

I note that this kind of technologie is ffar beyond. So as I say, unless you test it by trying to touch him or have a way to sense things like smelling or so it's near impossible to tell the difference. A very fine piece that tricks the eye and the ear.

Zefir's player doesn't know what race he is. Since it is around the Nexus recently, it can't be a Vampire. Those have appeared quiet alot.
    "Well, Your not leaving a good point there sneaking in the baseunder your underlings skin." he says. Zefir doesn't appear confused or shocked by the young boy appereance. He has seen some very different forms for magicuser and a child like one is rather normal in that line.
    "Is there anybody hunting you right now?"
    [Shuyoru and Zefir]

That type of technology is common where Shuyoru's from. He'd be able to tell after a minute even if he didn't have his vampire blood senses.

"No, boss, and I'd be busy dealing with that if that were the case, rather than being here. I'd wager I'd leave a worse point if I never intended to tell you. A little demonstration, call it. Look, as a show of good faith, I'm even here in my base form, as I was during the turning. I am a more unique kind of vampire." He replies, then awaits further questions.
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #318

The teenager trips over Ebondark's foot and smashes into the ground. And gets stepped on. Jeez, how long has it been since someone last stepped on her? she thinks. Requiem doesn't try to struggle or wiggle away, because she's in pain and needs to concentrate in order to prevent the pain from bleeding over to her other bodies.
    She just lies there and groans.

The blonde gets up to the entrance. "Hey, thanks for stopping her," the blonde woman says to Ebondark. The blonde leans down and materializes black-and-purple handcuffs onto the girl-on-the-ground's wrists.

She then looks up at the henchmen and yells at them, "Hey, VIGIL could be coming back into this room any minute! Be ready for when they try to leave!"

Of course, since they don't want their 'prisoner' bleeding out, the blonde looks over the bullet and knife wounds - wow, those definitely weren't her brightest ideas - and waves her hand over, as more inky-black-and-purple stuff starts to fill the wounds to stop them bleeding. (This has a dual purpose - first, stopping the bleeding, and second, none of her power was currently available to the teenage body and this will allow her to reabsorb it in the future so she's not helpless in case Vigil decides to just turn on her or ditch her.)
    The blonde then looks at Raven. "Sorry about that. Vigil decided they wanted to rescue a prisoner today, and Tiffany here -" she gestures at the teenager-on-the-ground to show that that teenager's name is apparently 'Tiffany' "- decided to take advantage of the chaos and tried to escape. Anyway. I'm Requiem." The blonde woman holds her hand out to shake, and decides they should probably get out of the way just in case the heroes come back here soon.

"Do you want to take this into my office?"
    It's funny because every other time she has said that, she actually meant 'let's just sit down on that couch over there' but now the couch is full of bullets so that won't work.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #319

[Rescue - Maze]

Zefir got no injuries and otherwise doesn't show any signs of ingury, as far as the henchamn can see. Thought this close and knowing where he is he can see him. It's a bit hard to keep your focus on but enougth if you wanted to look over injuries. Thought zefir drops the stealth as far as possible since most is just a passiv thing.

He will sign them that he is okay and they should go on the path. Likly telling them to continue the plan. He himself will follow. He didn't really know what to do next, all things depend on how the Vigil people go on. After all this call he overheared had something to do with the hostage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post
    [Shuyoru and Zefir]

That type of technology is common where Shuyoru's from. He'd be able to tell after a minute even if he didn't have his vampire blood senses.

"No, boss, and I'd be busy dealing with that if that were the case, rather than being here. I'd wager I'd leave a worse point if I never intended to tell you. A little demonstration, call it. Look, as a show of good faith, I'm even here in my base form, as I was during the turning. I am a more unique kind of vampire." He replies, then awaits further questions.
    [Shuyoru and Zefir]

"Demonstrations are fine, but many people here also seek shelter from those 'good guys' outside.
    With your shapechanging you might have planned to avoid been seen.
    Also there was someone else with the same ability who I don't trust at all."
    Zefir says.
    "For once, how can you proof that this is your TRUE form? As far as I know we can just check it by killing a shapechanger, whhich will tuen him back into his true form, or knicking him out which only works under some circumstances. Both ways aren't something I would like to happen in this interview or in gernell." Zefir makes a pause to think about Shuyoru' explainaitions.
    "Unique you say? What is it that makes you so much differetn from other vampires? Thought beeing turned as a kid is not so rare, at least where I come from. Parents rather have a child vampire then no child at all."
    Last edited by Zefir; 2019-08-27 at 08:47 AM.

20. - Top - End - #320

NinjaGuy

[Rescue - Maze]

The tech henchman nods, and rejoins his squad, since Zefir's ordered him to, and they continue pursuing the VIGILantes, staying far enough back that they're just out of sight, but close enough that the group can hear them, doing their best to push the group towards the dungeon.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

"Demonstrations are fine, but many people here also seek shelter from those 'good guys' outside.
    With your shapechanging you might have planned to avoid been seen.
    Also there was someone else with the same ability who I don't trust at all."
    Zefir says.
    "For once, how can you proof that this is your TRUE form? As far as I know we can just check it by killing a shapechanger, whhich will tuen him back into his true form, or knicking him out which only works under some circumstances. Both ways aren't something I would like to happen in this interview or in gernell." Zefir makes a pause to think about Shuyoru' explainaitions.
    "Unique you say? What is it that makes you so much differetn from other vampires? Thought beeing turned as a kid is not so rare, at least where I come from. Parents rather have a child vampire then no child at all."
    [Shuyoru and Zefir]

Forgive my insistence, but he really does come from a place where such technology is widespread.

Some other shapechanger Zefir doesn't trust? Shuyoru decides he needs to look into this. He ignores the implied threat to take stock of the organization leader's overall words. "I will reply by telling you of my backstory, you'd find out eventually. A long while ago, as a child, I was the runt of the family, either not taken seriously or being outright bullied by family members. I went to live with my grandmother, and she took pity on me and decided not to wait until I was older, turning me as an 'act of kindness'. Of course, where I come from, being a vampire is very corrupting. At least, I wasn't weak for much longer, not with the ability to change my shape." He steps closer to Zefir, looking up at the holographic image. "This is my true face. Not many know it, for I work from the shadows. Tis necessary when you're a crime boss. As for differences, I can also feed on life energy, my claws and teeth are metallic, I walk in the day, my being a vampire makes me doomed to evil and were I merely less than a year old vampire, I could be cured. I never even knew the word 'vampire' until I got here, a decade ago."

"My goal is to spread decadence, give people the means to submit to their base hedonistic desires. Drugs, slaves, prostitution, gambling. For enjoyment and use in nefarious experiments, for example. Taking over AMEN won't further that, in my opinion, but joining it will." He declares, and one could almost imagine a microphone in his hand at this point.
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #322

[Shuyoru and Zefir]

It is okay, let's leave it that way.
    I am not sure what reference you do with the microphone.
    Oh and it asn't a threat and nowhere meant so. Mostly it was just pointing out options.

Zefir doesn't appear impressed by Shuyoru's mentoning of his abilities. He migth even see a bit of annoyance.
    "I guess you will be suprised how common you are in some other worlds." he just comments it. Zefir narrows his eyes at the last sttement. That was obviously a threat just telling that he can take over whenever he wants, but just want to avoid the expenditure of leading this organisation.

"If you say so." he just comments that befor turning to another subject. "What kind of experiments do you mean?"

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post

The teenager trips over Ebondark's foot and smashes into the ground. And gets stepped on. Jeez, how long has it been since someone last stepped on her? she thinks. Requiem doesn't try to struggle or wiggle away, because she's in pain and needs to concentrate in order to prevent the pain from bleeding over to her other bodies.
    She just lies there and groans.

The blonde gets up to the entrance. "Hey, thanks for stopping her," the blonde woman says to Ebondark. The blonde leans down and materializes black-and-purple handcuffs onto the girl-on-the-ground's wrists.

She then looks up at the henchmen and yells at them, "Hey, VIGIL could be coming back into this room any minute! Be ready for when they try to leave!"

Of course, since they don't want their 'prisoner' bleeding out, the blonde looks over the bullet and knife wounds - wow, those definitely weren't her brightest ideas - and waves her hand over, as more inky-black-and-purple stuff starts to fill the wounds to stop them bleeding. (This has a dual purpose - first, stopping the bleeding, and second, none of her power was currently available to the teenage body and this will allow her to reabsorb it in the future so she's not helpless in case Vigil decides to just turn on her or ditch her.)
    The blonde then looks at Raven. "Sorry about that. Vigil decided they wanted to rescue a prisoner today, and Tiffany here -" she gestures at the teenager-on-the-ground to show that that teenager's name is apparently 'Tiffany' "- decided to take advantage of the chaos and tried to escape. Anyway. I'm Requiem." The blonde woman holds her hand out to shake, and decides they should probably get out of the way just in case the heroes come back here soon.

"Do you want to take this into my office?"
    It's funny because every other time she has said that, she actually meant 'let's just sit down on that couch over there' but now the couch is full of bullets so that won't work.

Raven Ebondark watches impassively as Requiem takes care of Tiffany, ensuring the latter doesn't bleed out while also handcuffing the prisoner. "Like, I guess that was smart of her. But she's like, so rude." Tripping someone and stepping on their back is probably much more rude than not sharing your name in the middle of a crisis.

"Uh, like, no thanks," Raven says taking the blond Requiem's hand, but with the strange bro-level handshake, the arm participating as hands grasp at the elbow and elbows fit into the hand. "You've already told me all I need to know," Raven explains while trying to grab Requiem by the shoulder with the other hand as well, crouch, dig a heel in, pivot, and use that leverage to bodily throw a flipped Requiem into one of the henchman flanking closest to the door.

She intends to follow that up by rapidly darting in to the henchman flanking on the other side and stabbing him in the chest, hand transforming into a purple dagger. Keeping that henchman interposed between her and all the other ones with guns seems like a good idea, even if only for a second. Her clothes shrink and tighten, becoming less frilly and more solid as it becomes akin to leather armor or a second skin than gothic Lolita clothing.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #324

Where Tiffany comes from, stepping on someone's back is just a more intimate version of saying 'hello' so Raven Ebondark is completely correct. She was rude and totally deserved being tripped.

Requiem's concentration is shot. With one body trying to monitor the location of people throughout the base and a second one in pain and on the floor, the third one doesn't have the presence of mind to stop herself from being thrown at the nearest henchman.

Knowing what's about to come, Tiffany-on-the-floor starts to shimmy farther out the door.

Raven Ebondark's plan to keep that henchmen between her and the gunners seems to be a good plan, because it does force them to readjust their aim for a second. "What are you waiting for?" Requiem yells, trying to get back up. "Shoot her!"
    Of course, they start firing.

And then she notices what happened to the goth's clothes. "Aim for the face or neck!" Requiem adds. Purple mist starts swirling around the blonde woman, as she finally gets back onto her feet.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Looking For A Place To Present Findings]

Chaos is walking through the base, trying to find somebody and somewhere he can present his newest findings: A way to reduce the self-poisoning effect his modification has. While it's not completely gone, it's about half as dangerous as it was before.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

26. - Top - End - #326

Default Re: [Rescue - Dungeon]

[Rescue - Maze]

The group of Vigil people will get on their way. they migth notice some unfinished traps likly been interrupted by their attack. There is also another crossing where Anika will notice the other signal of her device and maybe a faint signal coming from a random direction. The AMEN maze is still unpredictable so it's hard to tell that it pointed at the main room for a moment.

As they go on they reach a heavy metal door. there are no bars, just a window to shut and open from the inside. Should Anika use her massive body to crush it open, well she will notice that this is one of the most durable doors she ever met. It should harm her more then it does to the door. The door also seems to be locked, but that is the weak point of the door. the lock seems rather easy to pick. Inside you will have a long hall with cells left and right. (See Recaiden's post for more)

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Okay, we're definitely actually hearing that."
    "Here they come." Omiko informs the two henchmen she assigned to watching the prisoners. "Open fire as soon as they come through the dungeon door."

One henchman is kind of near the door, the other is at the end of the hall. Omiko herself is lounging right outside Ilpholin's cell (which is the first one on the left). Which as far as we know, contains one(1) unconscious Ilpholin hooked up to various IVs and medical monitors, just in case. There's also Zefir's torture devices shoved over to the other side of the cell. She's not considered much of an escape risk, since she hasn't moved under her own power in quite a while.

And there's two other prisoners in the cells, which I think Omiko put there just in hopes of complicating things.
    On the right there's a cell with a striped catgirl, and further down on the left we've got this grizzled sea captain.

27. - Top - End - #327

[Rescue - Maze]

Adir is happy to be the one to blast the lock if that's all it takes. He kicks the doors in, not one to waste time, and will promptly try to mow down the henchman nearest to the door. His gun, an enormous bar of black metal that seems to grow right out of his hand, begins to jump and crash as it spits a litany of lead.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #328

[Rescue - Maze]

Anika's size and weight should be more than enough to knock in the door unless its heavily reinforced somehow. Assuming of course that Adir isn't first in with his gun.
    She isn't really trying to kill the goons, her priority is to get to their goal and pausing to kill some fools wasn't a part of that plan. Of course, if any of them died getting her way that wasn't her problem.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

[Rescue - Maze]

Using Anika's entrance and Adir's gunfire as a cover and distraction, Wenomir will head directly towards Omiko. He moves as fast as ever, becoming a blur of motion and weaving between the different combatants and furniture of the room like a faint mirror-image. Once (or if) he reaches the AMENite, he will try to decapitate her without much ceremony or witty banter. The warrior seems to simply suddenly materialize next to her, the Answer cutting a straight, silvery line across her neck.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-09-08 at 07:04 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330

NinjaGuy

[Rescue - Maze]

The tech henchmen follow the group as far as the dungeon, but take up position just outside of it after they enter. After all, they're supposed to let the VIGILantes reclaim Ilpholin, and encourage them to get out quickly, not to stop them from doing so...