New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Tides that Bind IC

@Kalir: Roland listens to your warning and nimbly avoids your massive running charge.

Daegal turns his head up as your shadow envelops him and your wings spread wide, Thresher held over your head as you come down with titanic force and bring the mace on the platform, causing it to rumble and shake as smoke and debris fly around...

But when the smoke dissipates, Daegal is standing. Proud and completely unscathed, as he brushes some rubble from his cloak and shuts his eyes while a smug smile draws upon his canine lips.

"You feathered brute- I told you already:

I have a myriad of protections on myself. There is no way you could ever visit harm upon me, Kalir. The abjurer you brought has enough insight to see that... and yet you don't. The Royal Guard, in the end, are not as powerful and competent as they are made out to be.""

A smile forms on Roland's lips upon hearing that, something not unnoticed by Daegal.

"You find your utter futility and eventual demise amusing? Olidammarans are a strange lot indeed.""

The young rogue looks at the Trickster's main altar and replies.

"Yeah... you got us, alright. Guys, mind holding the fort? I just need a few minutes.""

Map

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun

Kalir
    Daegal Faang, The Gallant Glove
    The Crow
    Camus
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-04 at 02:43 PM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Roland, if you have an idea share it so the idea doesn't die with you."

"Archmage, we need a solution, now!"

Kalir glances quickly in the direction Roland did.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Avakuss for kinem's Planescape: Center of All
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)
    Ganzak for Toliudar's Coming Unstuck

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ilven casts a brief look at the endless drop- yes, that would probably end any aid to Daegal, but almost certainly wouldn’t be worth it.

Instead, he focuses inward on his own time at the Blooming Lotus a few centuries before, trying to force the chill from his bones by willpower alone.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Let’s see if iron heart surge can end the ongoing effect, as it has a duration. This would not remove the drain that’s already happened.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

"I... don't know what any of that means, and after we kill this dog I would love to be filled in. Alright, get ready for your grand re-entrance."

As she flies back to the fight, she lets a small amount of nature magic restore the Crow to a healthier state, bathing her briefly in a reddish light.

With a screech she returns, flying back to the platform. She calls out to the group, allies and enemies alike. "You know what the cool thing about crows is, Daegal? They fly, you idiot!"

And with that, she tosses the Crow the few feet back to the ground, back into the fight. Hopefully she'll do a cool flip or something.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to restore 15 hp to the crow using Touch of Healing, assuming she's under half her total.

70 foot movement speed: I'm not sure how far down we were, so I'm not sure exactly how far I can get. But Daun will fly up to the platform and as close to Daegal as she can. (She can't get to his AMF, so that shouldn't be an issue. Although I'm not even sure that Daun can see it.) Then dropping the Crow off to kick some dog butt.
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

@Ilven: There has yet to be a trick a caster can pull that you can't undo.

The Helguard were a very well trained and elite team. Regardless of their origins and mentors, everyone excelled. They had to- the perils beyond the City were unforgiving and so, each and everyone of you was a weapon in its own right. Unbroken.

And as you focus on your own training, you watch Daegal's malice seep out of your wounds and evaporate into thin air as the Jackal Lord frowns, well aware his nefarious connection with you has been severed.

@Daun: What... what is she talking about?

The Crow looks up at you with her signature mask as you flap your leathery wings towards the platform.

"Once he's dead, I promise we'll have a chat, Daun. Over there seems a fine drop off. And thank you.""

A quick surge of golden power washes over The Hunter of Hunters as your claws release her and The row lands gracefully on her feet, true to her own training.

This does not amuse Daegal, who backflips once more, staying out of Kalir and Roland's range.

@The Party: The Jackal Lord looks at everyone gathered on the dais and flying overhead as shadows begin to gather around his claws.

"You insignificant little people... thinking you stand a chance against me. By Baalzebul, none of you will live to see another day!""

And then, nine beams of utter darkness shoot at each and everyone of you, striking unerringly and sending a cold shill down your spine, attempting to numb your senses.

And for some of you, getting hit more than once.

@Camus: Well, moment of truth.

This is why you are here, after all. Those things are dangerous, but if you can unmake them, you just bought the entire group a few more seconds to live.

Spoiler: Darkbolt
    Show
    This is in case Camus CANNOT successfully dispel the effect.

Ilven takes 16 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.

Daun takes takes 15 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.

Daun takes takes 6 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.*

Kalir takes 7 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.

Camus takes 5 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.

Camus takes 6 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.*

The Crow takes 12 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.

Roland takes 13 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.

The Janni takes 9 damage, Will save DC 24 or be dazed for 1 round.

* if Camus cannot dispel and anyone is hit more than once, you need to only make one will save per shot, since daze effects don't stack, regardless of the number of times the target is hit.

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni

Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-04 at 06:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Titan in the Playground

Archmage Camus watch as the jackal lord cast several blasts of fell power and raise his index finger, uttering a single word.

"Nope".

Spoiler: Counterspell
    Show
    Using Dispel Magic for this (His bonus is +17), so I dont think a Take 10 might do the job, so i'll roll instead.

(1d20+17)[26]

Regardless of the result, casting an abjuration spell trigger his Moderate Esoterica, granting him an ability similar to Evasion and Mettle for the enxt 3 rounds.
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

@Camus: There's a reason why you are considered one of the top Abjurers at Runestone.

Once Daegal threatens everyone with his sinister spell, you casually raise a finger and mention... "nope", while beginning to turn your back on the Jackal Lord, confident in your success.

However, something's wrong.

The abjuration worked. That's your field of expertise, but Daegal is no pushover. The emerald light surrounding the bolts of black energy, attempting to dissipate them, are broken by the Gallant Glove's superior training in the Dark Arts and, as a result, everyone is struck.

Roland and The Crow get hit, but both Olidammaran and Hunter avoid the worst of its secondary effect, causing Daegal to slow clap.

"The fine Abjurer who didn't want to get involved. If so powerful are you, you would have left when you had a chance. A silly and pointless ruse that will cost you your...""

But the Gallant Glove is unable to finish his sentence when a loud blast is heard and his face explodes in a cloud of gunpowder as The Crow glides away from him and aims an antique pistol, from which crimson smoke bellows out of the barrel as her hand shakes a bit.

"You talk too much. Just die already...""

That shot may not have killed him, but he definitely felt it, as Daegal snarls at The Crow and pats his face, feeling the stinging burn.

@The Party: As for the rest of you... it's a toss up.

Camus failed to undo Daegal's incantation. Although you may be alive, you may still be unable to attack him or defend yourself from this monster.

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni (if not dazed)
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-04 at 07:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

Round 11

@The Party: Whether Daegal's power affected you or not, Roland looks at the Olidammaran shrine and then at all of you as he takes a sprint towards the edge of the platform, intoning words of power for himself.

"Just trust me! Keep Daegal busy...""

And leaping into the inky blackness, Roland disappears amidst the shadows below.

The Gallant Glove watches this and smirks.

"A coward through and through. Let that be a lesson you can all take to your grave:

Never trust a thief.""

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir

Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-07 at 05:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Daun flaps away from Daegal a bit, considering her options. The forces of Oerth were mighty beyond compare. Raptors from the sky, powerful bears, crushing snakes and crocodiles. Mother nature also seemed to have neglected to give them any weapons they could use at a range... Which is a problem when an antimagic field is involved. Instead, she takes advantage of the fact that the Crow isn't in the field at the moment.

The giant bat concentrates for a moment, and summons forth the same spell as before, but more powerful. Two snakes with cherry blossom heads shoot out of her hands, biting the Crow and Kalir, spurring them to action.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to P,Q 14,15 and casting Mass Snake's Swiftness on Kalir and the Crow. I'm not sure if Kalir has a ranged attack he can do right now, but... eh. With that antimagic field my options are quickly becoming 'hit Daegal with a quarterstaff.'
    Spoiler: Small Grammatical Library: use as desired. Please return links to front desk after checking them out.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #610

Kalir was surprised by Roland jumping. The Olidammaran had too many fellow Olidammarans back in the mess hall depending on him so Kalir trusted he had some kind of plan. Need to do some thinking himself. We was a warrior but still had more brains than most. He spoke rapid fire.

"Keeps saying we can't hurt him. Something else we can hurt that will hurt him? A source to his power? Camus, anything special about that throne?"

"Daun, save your spells if you aren't sure. Can you stay a bat near Daegal? Pick him up and hold him!"

The raptoran, temporarily large again, dashes at Daegal and again shrinks back to normal just before reaching the dark priest. Even if Thresher's prismatic effect wasn't possible, it was still a useful weapon for putting an enemy to the ground. Kalir took the opportunity to notice what was Daegal's holy symbol while up close and personal.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Charge to W10 and trip him. Combat Expertise 5 (-5 to hit, +5 Dodge AC). Maybe his ability to stand right back up is limited.

Trip touch attack: (1d20+16)[28] (str +4, MW +1, charge +2, bab +14, -5 CE)
    On hit, opposed STR check: (1d20+8)[23] (+4 STR, +4 Imp Trip)

On hit, Improved Trip attack:
    Thresher: (1d20+16)[31] crit: (on 17+): (1d20+19)[20] (+INT to crit) (prone?)
    damage: (1d10+6)[13] + (1d6)[6] Stance
    crit: (1d10+6)[13]

Spot for Holy Symbol (if it isn't obvious) (1d20+6)[18]

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Low Light vision: 2x human
    Punishing Stance
    Blind Fight

Battle Clarity: INT to Reflex saves (not flat-footed)
    Uncany Dodge: Retain Dex when flat-footed or vs invisible enemy
    Improved Uncany Dodge: Can't be flanked (like Barbarian)
    Battle Ardor +INT to confirm crits
    Battle Cunning: +INT damage vs flat-footed or flanked
    Battle Skill: +INT to oppose bull rush, feint, overrun, sunder or trip attempt

HP: 142/224
    AC: 19 Touch: 14 FF: 16 (Charge, Stance, Combat Expertise)

Spoiler: Damage:
    Show
    Revivify -1
    Heal: +150
    Darkbolt -7

Show
    Sgt Ladaran Xiloscient for MrAbdiel's D&D-Day: The Ballad of Echo Company (WW2 with D&D Rules)

11. - Top - End - #611
    Titan in the Playground

@Daun: Flying overhead as a prehistoric bat, you screech down towards your allies and a pair of snakes with cheery blossom heads bite both Kalir and The Crow, spurring them into action.

Kalir has no ranged weaponry, but the Hunter of Hunters does. And with a shaky wrist, she fires another shot at Daegal. Unlike last time, the Gallant Glove simply brushes the gunpowder off his chest.

"Your tricks only work once on me, Hunter...""

@Kalir: Running out of options here.

If your items were functioning, Daegal would be dead by now. But as it stands...

It's another charge with Thresher, who becomes lackluster as you approach the Jackal Lord and attempt to trip him, only for Daegal shove the mace aside with one hand, slightly to the left, causing you to err its direction.

"Such a slow learner. I told you already: you only topple me once. That is all the satisfaction you get before dying. I am the Master of this Church now. A High Priest. Although the Trickster God has no sovereignty here now, my master does. And has for a long time already. My body and soul are protected in ways you cannot possibly imagine, raptoran. All you are doing is fighting against the tide with a broken stick.""

If he has a holy symbol, Daegal must be keeping it beneath his cloak. As an impostor, he may not have wanted the other rogues to become privy of his ambitions too early.

And with a smug smile, the bastard swooshes like a shadow and appears right next to Camus, who becomes enveloped in his nullifying aura.

@Daun: Daegal looks up at you and keens his eyes.

"I never liked druids. The power to shape shift was originally ours, you know? You meddling hippies simply stole it from us. And speaking of that...

Camus, I hope you have a good vantage point- this is how an abjurer does it. Perhaps Runestone still has a few things to learn, no? Hehehehehehe..."

With a simple wave of his hand, the Gallant Glove causes a pack of ghostly emerald jackals to leap upon your bat form and gnash and bite your body. They aren't causing you physical harm, though:

They are ripping apart your precious protections!

Spoiler: Greater Dispel Magic- Buffs Removed
    Show
    Death Ward

Freedom of Movement

Lion's Charge

Babau Slime

@The Party: The Crow doesn't attack Daegal.

Her body has suffered a lot from firing those two shots against him and tucking her hand into her feathery cloak, she produces a small red vial. Just like those found stored earlier and rather than drink it, this one has a small needle on the stopper, which The Crow drives into her thigh, causing a small burst of blood around her as the potion breaks.

It doesn't seem like it's had any other effects, though. This has not stopped her from moving around the dais, well focused on her mark.

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-07 at 05:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

As Daegal approach him, Camus shiver as he feel a sharp pain in the back of his mind due the antimagic shell's interference.

"Hate this spell!", he says and walk assay from Daegal, giving a chance to strike is defenseless back.

Spoiler: Fleeing Mage
    Show
    Moving 30ft northwest.

'Make you feel like a... Commoner!", he says as he turn to look to Daegal and decide to keep getting his distance from him, cursing the probable wound from Daegal's sword.

Spoiler: Double Move
    Show
    Further moving 30ft to west
    Ruven Feathers, tengu opportunist with a keen eye for gold and an accute scent for death.

13. - Top - End - #613
    Titan in the Playground

@Camus: As an Archmage, you have learned how to shut down all kind of magic users.

Abjuration is, after all, the best and only school designed to shut down magic and it comes as no surprise to you, now wearing a torn robe and expensive yet useless trinkets over your body, that being on the receiving end of an Anti Magic Field is definitely not fun.

Daegal hears your complaint as you rush away from him and in true Jackal Lord fashion, he stabs you in the back as you dash away, causing you to nearly trip over, spilling some of your precious blood on the floor.

Spoiler: AoO Scimitar Slash
    Show
    9 damage

"A Commoner has better sense than you, mage. had you left when you said you would, none of this would befall you. And in the end, where your puny orb failed, my dashing blade triumphs. Without your Magic, you are a useless elf.

With it... I am still better than you.""

Round 12

@The Party: Roland is nowhere in sight.

Maybe the thief did cut and run, seeing as his options to defeat Daegal are nil. Olidammarans are known liars. They revere a trickster god, after all.

But whether he is here or not, Daegal hasn't left. He is barely hurt and who knows what other tricks he can pull. The question is whether you can take him down before he demonstrates more of his sinister strength.

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir

Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-07 at 05:52 PM.

14. - Top - End - #614

Kalir watches as Camus fails to escape safely from being cornered. Such long lives and they can't be bothered to spend a few months learning to avoid being hit by a blade? The warblade dashes in wrap his arms and wings around Daegal to prevent further spellcasting. "Hold still there so the Crow can blast you in the face again."

"Daun, unless you have a better idea, see what Roland is up to and if he needs help?"

Show
    Let's see if he has Combat Reflexes.

Move to Z13 and start grapple. Swift+std attack to recover maneuvers.

Provoke AoO if he has any left. If he damages me, action over.

Touch attack: (1d20+18)[21]
    On hit, opposed grapple check: (1d20+18)[37] (+4 STR, +14 BAB)

If successful, spiked gauntlet damage (1d4+4)[7] lethal

Show

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Daun nods. She didn't appreciate having her protections stripped away, but she wasn't about to let Daegal know that. With a couple flaps, she flies under the main platform and looks around for Roland.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to fly under the platform. The rest of my turn sort of depends on what I see.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: Daegal watches you rush towards him and keens his amber eyes as a lightning fast scarlet swipe cuts you across the chest.

Spoiler: AoO Scimitar Slash
    Show
    11 damage

"Stupid raptoran. Has your time in the kordite temple numbed your senses even further? Wrestling each other like...

Like savages! Hehehehe... yes! Apt term for your tactics, don't you thin?. Roland chose a very poor team of assassins to come take me down. You will never breach my defenses. Your crude training is no match for my superior arts in the Divine, Kalir. That is why I am in control of this church and you?

You are about to die."

@Daun: Daegal may have stripped you of most of your protections, but you aren't really down for the count.

While Kalir deals with Daegal up close and personal, you glide down beneath the main dais and use your improved senses to try and catch sight or scent of Roland...

But he's not down here. The platform stretches far and wide, just like above. What keeps it aloft are the stairs you and the others have been running up and down during this bloody fight. If there was anyone here before... there isn't now.

For all accounts, Roland escaped. Leaving you to deal with this guy on your own.

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Daun had been fairly certain Roland indeed had some plan. Now? She wasn't so sure. Where did the rogue go? Their kind... weren't exactly known for their stalwart senses of loyalty and bravery in the face of opposition. Had he really left?

Okay, time to think up a new plan.

Daun flies back to the top and over to the Olidamaran shrine, giving it a good look. Maybe there was something here that could help...

Spoiler
    Show
    Flying up close to the shrine and those red things near it, giving it a good inspection for anything out of the ordinary/helpful.

Spot: (1d20+28)[31]
    Show

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

@Daun: Daegal is right.

Roland, like all Olidammarans, are cheaters and liars. Seeing how he could not best the Jackal Lord, he has used you and the rest as sacrificial lambs, giving him a chance to escape.

In the end, you have the ability to fly...and fly far away. Maybe there's an exit if you swoop up or down in this cavernous battleground. Yes, the others may die, but they accepted this on their volition.

You cannot put the blame on you. Who would even dare put the blame on you?

And still, you fly upwards towards the throne and shrine and take a look around...

It's a nice comfy chair, with the symbol of the Black & White Mask of the Trickster expertly chiseled behind it. It looks recently used- since Daegal was sitting on the throne...

But other than, nothing comes out of the ordinary.

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right. The middle of a fight was a poor time to have one’s mind wander, especially at an enemy’s prompting.

He finishes climbing the dratted stairs and takes a quick headcount.
    It didn’t look like things had gone well in his mental absence- Roland had vanished, for one.
    Not much to be done, then.

Nothing could seemingly hit the Dog, thanks to his infernal whatever-Roland-said, but he tries anyway. Can’t let the Crow have all the fun.

Show

1.) Move action to p16 (I think?)
    2.) Swift action, guided strike, no DR
    3.) Be a nuisance

Attack 1: (1d20+29)[36]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+33)[34]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[7] piercing

Spoiler: Math
    Show
    attack: +2 bracers +1 masterwork, +1wf, +1 haste, +4 eternal training=+9 -> 29
    damage: +1 bracers, +4 et = +5
    -4 to both if Daegal does not count as animal.

Show

Not infected with Marrash fever.
    HP=46/188
    AC=22 (27 vs ranged)
    Touch= 16
    Currently Hasted (Roland, not actually ended as stated in OoC)
    Concealment 20%
    Stance: Hearing the air (blindsense=30')
    Boots of haste: 3/10 charges used

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

@Ilven: You rush up the stairs and watch the battle scene.

Not good. Nobody's really putting a dent on the dog, but with your training as a Helguard, at least you can draw its attention, letting one arrow loose as Daegal watches its trajectory and with his back hand, swats it away.

"You are an annoying old relic, Helguard. I am not so easily taken down like the rest of The Velvet Glove.""

@Kalir: Daegal looks at you and then at Sir Ilven, smiling smugly as he walks past you, offering a precious chance to strike, since he doesn't seem to be leaping around now.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    vs Daegal

And whether you strike him or not, the bastard gets closer to Ilven and then looks at all of you.

@The Party: The platform begins to rumble and shake as purple unholy sigils appear around each of you, forming semi perfect squares on the ground as similarly colored flames surround Daegal Faang.

"All the gods you follow and revere... they are pathetic compared to me. I have elevated myself to a higher plane of existence. Not even they could come down and save you. Your prayers to such feeble powers are lost...

Just like your souls!""

His words howl in your ears as the unholy sigils catch all of you, as a terrifying power takes ahold of your bodies. For those trained in the mystic arts, this is one of the deadliest secrets a priest can learn...and Daegal has modified it, dividing it into several smaller areas. enough to catch all of you... except Daun's summon, who is too far away.

Spoiler: Divinely Sculpted Blasphemy
    Show

Everybody except the Janni takes 11 Strength damage for 5 rounds.

Everybody except the Janni is dazed for 1 round

The power this monster exerts is tremendous. And as a result, a few of you drop helpless to the ground, your strength having been sapped away.

Those who haven't been stripped of all their strength... they are dazed. And like before, cannot act against this guy.

@Ilven: Unable to hold your bow and even yourself, you drop face first to the ground and try and look around... no dice. This creature has caught all of you.

And then a grating hand caresses your back and you feel your body going through an extreme change as it begins to swell, much like Kalir's.

Spoiler: A Genie's Touch
    Show

Enlarge Person
    : The target gains a +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size.

This can be negated with a Fortitude DC 13, if Ilven wishes to refuse it. The map will show an enlarged Ilven, but only if he accepts the spell. Otherwise, I will switch him to medium sized.

At this point, though, none are in a condition to take on Daegal. Given his latest malicious display of power, most if not all of you have been knocked out clean from the fight.

Round 13

@The Party: Be it through loss of strength or dazed, you cannot go against Daegal right now. Something the Jackal Lord is aware of all too well before he sets his amber eyes on Kalir.

"Not only have I crippled you, raptoran. But you will never fly again. Not in this lifetime. You will be as servile as a dog...and look like one.""

His eyes pierce yours and seep like a cancer into your body, causing a brutal and painful transformation as his gaze alone is forcing you to drop on the ground, almost instinctively.

Spoiler: The Curse of The Jackal
    Show
    Will DC 31 negates

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-07 at 05:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Daun stands tall despite the unholy word, and although she's stunned, she isn't weakened. She smiles through the pain, if only because she avoided the worst of the effects.

"Ha, guess your ****ty god isn't as powerful as you thought. Oh..." She looks around, realizing that the others were far worse than she was.

Having delivered its spell, and with not much else it can do, the Janni takes a few shots with it's bow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d8)[5]

Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[22]
    Damage: (1d8)[5]
    Show

22. - Top - End - #622
    Titan in the Playground

Camus feel his senses being overwhelmed by the malevolent words chanted by Daegal.

He feels the evil breaking his mind and body for the sudden spike of power. Grasping his chest to he gasps for breath but his body was just too weakened and he, unable to supporting his own weight, he fall face first in the floor.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

@Camus: You watch The Crow drop on one knee before her blades clank on the ground and she collapses on the floor.

Your Contingency is powerful... but Daegal's sinister spell is not one your abjuration can sway away and so, you also drop head first near the Hunter of Hunters.

Still awake, but unable to move a single muscle on your body, all you can hope for now is that the others can finish him off...

@Kalir: You can feel Daegal's influence attempt to take on your body and mind, but your training at The Blooming Lotus has prepared warriors like you against it...

Except that they did not anticipate a monster such as he. Your mind becomes savage. Barely recognizing friend from foe as you clothes and gear meld into a shaggy four legged form:

Daegal looks at you as a couple of arrows fired from an unseen place whizz by him harmlessly.

"That is a far better look for you, Kalir. In the end, the Royal Guard are no better than dogs, the whole lot of them. And you are a prime example of that!''

Spoiler: Kalir's new form
    Show
    JACKAL

Size/Type: Small Animal

Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)

Initiative: +3

Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)

Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12

Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–3

Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)

Full Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)

Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.

Special Attacks: —

Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1

Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6

Skills: Jump +7, Listen +5, Spot +5, Survival +1*

Feats: Alertness, TrackB

Although an animal, you may still perceive who you were fighting earlier. A friend from foe- provided said foe doesn't dangle a piece of steak in front of you, that is.

Round 14

@Daun & Ilven: He just turned Kalir... with a mere glance!

Camus and The Crow are out for a good amount of time. Roland hasn't returned, which means it's just three of you left to face off against Daegal, who looks at all three of you- even the unseen Janni and smiles smugly.

"A Helguard kept standing by a cantrip and a druid who won't even come and face me. Pathetic, really. Then again, I had foreseen my victory. It is inevitable- I am a Church Leader. What could a handful of nobodies such as yourself ever dream to accomplish?""

Map

Show
    Roland
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir

Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-09 at 03:38 AM.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

And that was three allies gone in one go, and himself in no condition to fight. Ilven stays on the floor and instead has a little chat with the dastardly dog.

. “Church Leader? Here I’d thought you were just another sneakthief. At least tell me who your backwater cult serves... I’m afraid I’m not familiar with the gods of face-stealers and cowards.”

Show

Swift action to recover maneuvers, standard action to do nothing, as prescribed.
    Can’t actually get up due to carrying capacity definitely being exceeded.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Titan in the Playground

@Ilven: Even as a giant, you are as strong as a toddler.

So many proud items of power. So many trademark weapons... they are a crutch now. Your body can barely muster energy to carry their weight upon your shoulders. Kalir has been turned into a jackal. The Crow and Camus have been knocked out by Daegal's spell and Daun, well...

She's a bat. And that's about it.

The Gallant Glove admires his handiwork and snaps his fingers. For those who can see the unseen- like the archmage- he just turned off his annoying anti magic field. That doesn't mean he's any less dangerous, as the Jackal Lord walks towards the elf and Hunter of Hunters.

"Ilven Selma, the Failed Arrow of God. The Errant arrow. Broken, even.

A backwater cult? Idiot elf. I am a very cunning Jackal Lord. Enough to have fooled an entire Den of Thieves, proud followers of Olidammara. In the end, their stupid devotion to Yssgard's Trickster blinded them to the true Liar amongst their pathetic flock:

Baalzebul, Lord of Lies and Treachery, Master of Maladomini. I had been thwarted by Shion in the past, locked away for a long time. But just like he, the seal that imprisoned me became old and brittle. Biding my time, I escaped. And in the shadows, offed the old useless priest in his sleep.

Because my kind is far better than yours, I was able to assume Shion's form. Having watched him from imprisonment, I knew his mannerisms. My devotion to a Lord of Hell gave me enough clout to demonstrate a sliver of divine power. Enough to convince the rest here that I was a true priest. Everything was going well. My team was assembled- The Velvet Glove. You have met and slain one of them.

I did not foresee that Roland would bring people here and that they would be enough to match my men, but so it has transpired. Using Olidammara's coffers, I will bring them back. Their souls have yet to forget who they are. They will answer my call and return gladly once you are all nothing but dust.

When you are finished, those few that resist my dominion here will follow suit. The Velvet Glove will infiltrate the other churches and in a span of a few years, I will control Halmathan, inside and out. My influence shall seep into every corner of this City. I will rule undisputed. None will dare oppose me.... because those who do, are here. And they are already dead.""

Daegal walks up to The Crow and looks down upon her, a sinister grin showing on his canine face while a few arrows fly past him, completely missing their mark.

"However, before I kill you, I wish to see the face of this Hunter of Hunters legends have been spun around..."

Round 15

@The Party: It's a swirl of shadows that causes Daegal to raise an eyebrow as a lean form walks out of it, witrh a smaller form to his left and a taller, burlier one to his right.

It is also at this point, that Roland's Haste expires, but that is of little concern as the lean figure speaks in the Olidammaran's voice, revealing himself as Roland Dyluck.

"You arrogant flea ridden dog.

I knew you weren't Shion for a long time, but your lies run deep, even amongst my own. I heard what you said, and I am not about to let you corrupt this place and fester beyond its walls. Guys, I am sorry I took so long...

I had to prepare. Daegal, you said you had a bunch of protections on you, right? Proud of them, too. I have fought your kind before and had to let you put down your guard. Let you think I abandoned these good people I brought here... like an honor less rogue.

You may be somewhat right about that. Truth is, there is honor amongst Olidammarans. That is one thing you failed to understand from the vey start. We value honor, believe it or not. But you know what else I value?"

The burly form steps forward, revealing himself to be Hannibal Rust, the Olidammaran Inquisitor, bathed in blood from his previous fight as he dashes forward with his great hammer.

"This guy. You never really bothered to take him in consideration. Why would you? He's just a brute, right? Oh, Daegal, how terribly wrong you were:

Hannibal here HATES casters. So much so, that he trained to beat the living snot out of them when not working the forge. Rust?""

The Olidammaran Inquisitor rushes towards Daegal and bashes him good with his hammer, causing Daegal to fly back several feet as a Contingent spell on his body traps Hannibal rust, enveloping him in a dark miasma that causes the giant to shout in pain as he's knocked back several feet, crashes against the altar and drops unconscious on the ground.

Daegal pants and does a backflip several feet away, looking at his hands and feeling his face in disbelief.

@Camus: Roland kneels and places his hand on your back, washing over a strong purifying aura.

"Archmage, we need you now more than ever. I can see his field is down. Think you can undo the rest that's on him?""

Spoiler: Heal
    Show
    Camus heals 150 HP

@Ilven: The smaller figure makes a mad beeline for you, revealing himself to be Roscoe the halfling as he skids right next to you and grabs your cheeks, squeezing them so that your mouth opens and pours down a red vial down your throat. Its contents are not tasty- not in the least. They have a feeling all too familiar from the days you fought in the Helguard, but it's enough to get you back on your feet.

"This is the second time I have to save your ass, elf. Let's not make it a third, shall we?""

Spoiler: Red Vial
    Show
    All strength restored

@The Party: Roland returned.

Despite any doubts you may have had, this rogue kept his word. He did say he;d keep you alive for this fight and in that regard, he has yet to be a turncoat, regardless of what Daegal may have inferred.

Roland looks at the small jackal and then at Daegal.

"i'm guessing that's Kalir? We'll fix him. But right now, we need to take down the other more annoying dog. Guys, bring Daegal down. Hard! Roscoe! I need you to get The Crow back on her feet. You have the spell?""

The halfling nods once feeding Ilven with the strange vial.

"Yeah... but I need you to grant me cover from that son of a bitch.""

"You got it!"

Map

Show
    Roland
    Roscoe
    Rusty
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir

Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-11 at 01:36 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626

Pain. Loss. Confusion. One thing did stick in the mind of the new formed jackal. HATE at the one that caused the pain. The jackal charged, looking to rip the throat out of the two legged one.

Show

Charge!
    Bite (1d20+4)[10] crit (1d20+4)[12]
    Damage (1d4+1)[5] crit (1d4+1)[2]

Spoiler: Jackal
    Show

Size/Type: Small Animal
    Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
    Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/–3
    Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)
    Full Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
    Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1
    Abilities: Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Skills: Jump +7, Listen +5, Spot +5, Survival +1*
    Feats: Alertness, TrackB

Show

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Suddenly, Rogues. “Don’t they say third time’s the charm?” Ilven replies to the even smaller than usual halfling before standing, glad for the ability to move.

He goes to pick up his bow but… that didn’t seem like a good idea, given how small it looked. Instead he reaches into a small pouch and pulls out a rather shoddy shortbow that obviously could not have fit. An objectively terrible weapon-but easier than trying to use a miniature bow with enormous arrows.

Show

1.) Move action to stand from prone
    2.) Standard action, pull out composite shortbow (+1 str bonus) from the survival pouch. Because I don’t think inappropriately sized arrows can actually be used.

Show

No longer infected with Marrash Fever or Taklif arrow
    Enlarge person (Janni)
    1 con drain (Daegal) (nat12--> 11)
    HP=46/188
    AC=19 (24 vs ranged)
    Touch= 14
    Concealment 20%
    Stance: Hearing the air (blindsense=30')
    Boots of haste: 3/10 charges used

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

@Kalir: Who are you?

You were once a proud hawk, flying bravely upon the clouds of the world, riding the gales on dark feathers. That no man or beast could escape your sight from such a lofty altitude...

But all that seems like a distant dream. A fading memory. That man- that monster- he has taken those memories away from you. That much you know. Why or how doesn't matter, but you can smell the wickedness on him and so, with a snarl and a bark, you rush on four shaggy legs towards the bad dog and try and bite him on the leg, something the amber eyed jackal scoffs and punts you on the muzzle with his boot.

"Recognize who your master is, slave! In this form, you are not a threat to me.""

@Ilven: That taste in your mouth... a distant and disgusting one you have repressed years ago, but it does the job as you get up and look at your trusty bow.

Daegal is powerful, but whatever Hannibal did to him, has left him very much defenseless. No longer that all powerful Church Leader he was boasting to be not long ago. You should be able to finish him now, but not with your bow.

As a Helguard, you couldn't rely solely on one weapon. The things you and your company slew out in the untamed wilderness were varied. Although ranged combat is your forte, only a fool would rely only on a his bow, regardless of its majestic make.

It's a crossbow, fit for a giant such as you that is drawn and aimed at Daegal, whose eyes widen with fear- he is no longer protected as before. Those shots will strike him true. And he knows it, given your immaculate accuracy.

Roscoe looks up and looks at the Jackal Lord.

"Third time's the charm, alright. But let's not consider that option for now. Think you can take him down with that new bow?''

And it is then that Daegal looks at you, Roscoe and the invisible Janni summoned by Daun as the usurper reaches into the folds of his tunic and takes out a handful of black walnut shells. And then moves away from you, allowing a canine Kalir top get another free bite.

Spoiler: AoO
    Show
    Kalir vs Daegal

"You think that brute Hannibal has me at a disadvantage, Roscoe? Think again. I believe it is you who will sample a Helguard's arrows up close!""

@Ilven, Roscoe & Janni: Daegal tosses the black walnut shells which bounce around all three of you before cracking open and allowing wailing spirits to take on ethereal forms resembling imp like creatures that sit on your shoulders and bang on your heads while laughing maniacally, sending insane thoughts into all three of you.

The halfling shuts his eyes and the imp like creature on his shoulders watches his attacks bear no fruit before he washes away into nothingness.

You and Daun's genie may not be so lucky though.

Spoiler: Confusion
    Show
    Will save DC 23 negates.

On your turn, assuming the save is failed, Ilven and the Janni will act as follows:

Ilven: Do nothing but babble incoherently. This effect applies next round on Ilven's turn, since he already acted.

Janni: Attack nearest creature (for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject’s self). Since the Janni has yet to act this round, she may be subject to Confusion's effect if she fails the save.

Map

Show

Roland
    Roscoe
    Rusty
    Ilven
    Daun
    Kalir
    Camus
    The Crow
    Janni
    Last edited by AlanBruce; 2019-02-11 at 01:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

The janni, disoriented by the spell, takes a few shots at Ilven.

Spoiler
    Show
    This provokes an AoO from Ilven (and Roscoe if he has reach.)

(1d20+8)[22]
    (1d8)[6]

(1d20+8)[15]
    (1d8)[2]

Edit: the second shot should be at a +3, not +5. Luckily it misses either way, but I believe the first shot hits.
    Last edited by El'the Ellie; 2019-02-11 at 12:10 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Feeling the evil being cleansed out of his body and mind, Camus start to get up and slap his vests to take off the dust from his robes.

"Thank you", he says to Roland without ever taking his eyes from Daegal, "And yes. Let me do my thing", remembering the Crow's comment earlier.

Raising his gloved hand, the archmage point his index finger to the jackal lord, "I take the regular version of the spell wasnt enough to deal with your earlier spell, but it was more to gauge your spell power. Behold the power of a true abjurer".

Spoiler: Greater Dispel Magic
    Show
    He'll activate his runestaff to turn his Energy Immunity into a Greater Dispel Magic.
    Thanks to Moderate Esoterica, he also gain the benefits of Evasion and Mettle for the next 6 rounds.

Caster Level check: Take 10 + caster level 16 (for abjurations) + 2 (from Elven Spell Lore) + 5 (competence bonus from Master Specialist), which result on a total of 33, meaning his Take 10 dispel any spell of 22th level or lower.

He'll take 10 on his first roll and then:

a) if the GDM manage to dispel it, he'll Take 10 for all the other rolls (so any spell with caster level 22 or lower are gone.
    b) if the GDM fail to beat his caster level, he'll roll for the remaining rolls.
    c) In the case you find I have to decide before if I'll take 10 on all rolls or if I've to roll for all of them, I'll roll (spoiler below).

Spoiler: Case B and C
    Show
    Have no idea how many spells he got, so I'll roll ten times and if needed will roll more OOC (just let me know then).

(1d20+23)[40]
    (1d20+23)[28]

(1d20+23)[35]
    (1d20+23)[27]

(1d20+23)[43]
    (1d20+23)[35]

(1d20+23)[40]
    (1d20+23)[42]

(1d20+23)[41]
    (1d20+23)[24]

Being an abjurer, Camus was certain that he can reverse the curse come tomorrow, but he would need the bird-turned-dog to survive the fight and so he call out to him, "Kalir! Come to me! It's too dangerous for you to stay there!"