New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Young Justice season 3 starts Jan 4th 2019.

A new trailer was released a few days ago. It is mostly the same material as the old trailers but cut in a different way. That said a few new scenes. The most important information though is Young Justice Season 3 Outsiders will start on January 4th 2019, with the DC streaming service.

The old thread on this subject is 3 months old (so I made a new one) but here it is for people who have not read it.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...Returns!/page2
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Young Justice season 3 starts Jan 4th 2019.

So the next question will be when/how those of outside the US will get it.

(It seems reasonably pluasible we might get it on Netflix, as that is where at least Star Trek Discovery and possibly other shows that are on proprietary streaming services Stateside have been; but sometimes, who the frack knows?)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So the next question will be when/how those of outside the US will get it.

(It seems reasonably pluasible we might get it on Netflix, as that is where at least Star Trek Discovery and possibly other shows that are on proprietary streaming services Stateside have been; but sometimes, who the frack knows?)
    Hey Lichy, let me know if it's on Netflix outside of the US when it drops would you? I'll have to see if I can get my VPN to tell them I'm in England or something when that happens, see if I can watch it that way.
    "I Burn!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Bumps this thread for Young Justice Season 3 has started.

I have not had time to watch it with the holidays and catching up with the re-adjustment that occurs afterwards. Yet I was curious if anyone else is watching and what is their thoughts so far.

Also, how do we want to do spoiler blocks and the amount of time when spoiler blocks are unneccessary for episodes from Season 3?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Bumps this thread for Young Justice Season 3 has started.

I have not had time to watch it with the holidays and catching up with the re-adjustment that occurs afterwards. Yet I was curious if anyone else is watching and what is their thoughts so far.

Also, how do we want to do spoiler blocks and the amount of time when spoiler blocks are unneccessary for episodes from Season 3?
    Depends when (if?) it becomes available internationally, I think; I'd say at least give it a month to see if anywhere else gets it, so them as is outside the States might be able to join in the conversation that they would otherwise miss out on it, if it does not materialise for months. Could be never, months, or it could be soon. UK got Discovery (not that I watched it) on Netflix very surprisingly quickly after it started airing in the States, so you never know.

(This is taking into account official releases, of course...)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

UK got Discovery (not that I watched it) on Netflix very surprisingly quickly after it started airing in the States, so you never know.
    We still haven't got the shorts, which is a tad annoying.

Seeing as Titans has taken just under 3 months to be release internationally, I'd guess Young Justice will be out around the end of March/start of April.
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Depends when (if?) it becomes available internationally, I think; I'd say at least give it a month to see if anywhere else gets it, so them as is outside the States might be able to join in the conversation that they would otherwise miss out on it, if it does not materialise for months. Could be never, months, or it could be soon. UK got Discovery (not that I watched it) on Netflix very surprisingly quickly after it started airing in the States, so you never know.
    You mean Star Trek Discovery? Because if so, Netflix got it so quickly because they pretty much financed the whole season (and were really pissed at CBS when STD deservedly flopped hard). I don't think that's the case with YJ.

I watched the first three episodes of the new YJ on a friend's house. It's pretty good... Too bad it'll almost certainly have most of its views come from illegal sources. To no one's surprise, the excessive number of streaming services cause a surge in pirating.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2019-01-09 at 02:17 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Banned

HalflingRangerGuy

Im of the mind that you should spoiler everything. i woulf have enjoyed star wars v a liytle more if that one luke-vader scene wasnt parodied so often . What if young justice becomes a classic people revisit (i mean, its pretty good)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I watched the first three episodes of the new YJ on a friend's house. It's pretty good... Too bad it'll almost certainly have most of its views come from illegal sources. To no one's surprise, the excessive number of streaming services cause a surge in pirating.
    Yeah, streaming is kind of devolving into cable packages 2.0 because everyone wants a piece of the streaming pie. Every company and their mother having their own streaming service is incredibly costly and annoying, which is probably the largest reason anyone would bother to pirate content nowadays. That, and the fact that DC kept their service strictly US-only is just turning away potential customers, which is incredibly dumb.

Now, my sister and I got DC Universe for the sole purpose of watching Young Justice, but I am 75% sure that we'll cancel the service once YJ has concluded - depending on how Doom Patrol looks, that is.

As for the episodes themselves, I think they were pretty good, and fell within my expectations for the series. I'm actually curious to see what the next few episodes are, since a lot of the teasers were for the first three episodes (at least, the teaser material that I can remember).

Finally, as far as spoilers go, I'd say it's probably a good idea to spoiler material for S3 for until about 3 months after it's released outside the U.S.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Jack View Post
    Im of the mind that you should spoiler everything. i woulf have enjoyed star wars v a liytle more if that one luke-vader scene wasnt parodied so often . What if young justice becomes a classic people revisit (i mean, its pretty good)
    I understand this logic, and this is my instinct but understand that all options will have some unsatisfaction even if there are better options. There is no perfect choice.

The downside of this option is that it is a "tax" for it requires some self regulation, and thinking over time and space where the user is taken out of the moment of sharing and thinking "how to tag" stuff and how is this spoilers in the moment vs this is spoilers if you are at the beginning or 1/3rd of the story but not spoilers are you 40% in the story even though the most recent part of the story is at the 80% mark right before the story crescendos, climaxes, and comes to an end with an epilogue.

How to write spoiler blocks that are very precise but not overly board requires "theory-of-mind" issues and that is both cognitive / emotionally exhaustive but also requires an attentionial shift that takes you out of the subjective moment where people are just writting what they feel in the moment.

There is no perfect answer here, and that is why trying to create the virtuous compromise via democratic means is often the best "golden mean" option between various extremes that are unsatisfactory.

I am happy personally if we go with your logic The Jack but I asked / put it up for a vote / feedback for I think that is good for the community

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I have heard that they split the season in 2 in terms of giving like, half now and half sometime later this year. Can anyone confirm if there is any truth too that?
    "I Burn!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I have heard that they split the season in 2 in terms of giving like, half now and half sometime later this year. Can anyone confirm if there is any truth too that?
    That is what wikipedia suggests. This is why I am waiting for a stopping point before I start, even though I am giddy with eagerness to start watching.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Likely the UK will be getting it on Netflix, since we have recently got Titans. (What what nothing that's worth...)

Pretty par for the course, it would seem, since it appears (fortunately, and probably entirely correctly) that it's more trouble than it's worth trying to set up all the proprietary streaming services over here. (Disney might well try it, of course...)