New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Huh, the only class I'm missing a bonus servant for is Rider. I've got Nero, EMIYA, EMIYALTER, Liz, Cu, Li Shuwen, Nursery Rhyme, Tamamo!Waifu, Hans, Tamamo!Cat and Lu Bu. Though Nursery and EMIYALTER are no where near max level, the rest are. And maybe I'll get lucky with my pulls, I've got a lot of tickets saved up.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Okay. Keep in mind several things.

1. We're looking at two different events, with three (ish) different banners. First, you have the Fate/Extra CCC x FGO Collab pre-event, second the SE.RA.PH event proper.

2. The Collab pre-event includes an animation update and Interlude for Nero Bride, a new Mystic Code (Far Side of the Moon), 1/2 AP for various Interlude and Strengthening quests, and a daily changing banner. That banner will include two limited Servants (Nero Bride and Gil), plus Karna, Casko, Gawain, Nero, EMIYA, Lancer!Liz, Robin, and Cu!Classic. So if you don't plan to whale on the following event banners, but want an advantage in the event, this is a decent time to pull. Especially if you want Nero Bride. This banner will also feature several valuable CEs, including Victor of the Moon, Another Ending, Fragments of 2030, Demonic Bodhisatva, and Ideal of the Holy King.

3. The event proper features two banners. The first includes Meltryllis (Quick critting Alter Ego), Passionlip (Buster tanking Alter Ego), and Suzuka Gozen (yet another Buster Saber). The second includes Kiara (Arts debuffing anti-Ruler Alter Ego), plus Emiya!Alter, Lancer!Liz, and Robin. Both also feature three CEs with an event bonus - much like the KnK event, they increase the appearance of types of enemy, rather than increasing the drop rate of event items. That's good, because like KnK, this is a mission-based event - complete certain objectives, such as killing certain numbers of certain enemies, in order to progress. Keep in mind that one of these CEs can be acquired from FP, so definitely bank some of those.

4. That said, there is also an event currency - Sakura chips. A fairly extensive list of Servants give you +1 each to your drop rate, so it benefits you to have them. They include everyone from the pre-event banner, plus Drake, Emiya!Alter, Tristan, Lancer!Vlad, Li, Nursery Rhyme, Tamacat, Hans, and Lu Bu. Additionally, the five new Servants in the event - BB, Meltryllis, Passionlip, Suzuka, and Kiara - will grant +2 to drop rate. Finally, there is a CE you can get from the event shop that increases your drop rate.

5. Lastly, keep in mind that you can't max BB without nearly completing the event. It lasts most of a month, but it's very time consuming - don't expect to wait until the last week to clear it.

So, yeah. If you're planning some pulls, basically recognize for whom you're pulling - Nero Bride, Melt and Lip, or Kiara - and plan accordingly.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Well I decided to drop a few of my many tickets on the Nero bride banner today. Got a 2nd Lancer!Liz, which I guess I can't complain about too much, since that puts her to NP2. Saving the rest of my tickets for the new servants though.

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Used 9 tickets and a 10 roll trying for Nero Bride. Got a pile of room guards and another Verdent Song closer to a second MLB one. No gold servents though. Saving the rest of my SQ for Kiara now. If i get a ticket and nero is back on rate up thats where the ticket is going.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, JP got an amazing event.
    They nor are getting SQ for each Interlude finished (extra SQ, mind you), it gives a good reason (other than already free SQ) to raise servants that we even don't use and play through their interludes, which have mostly good story, but now will grant, in the future, extra SQ (just as Strengthening quests will do, in about a year.)
    Last edited by Yael; 2019-04-10 at 12:44 PM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

does anybody know if I missed the update for stacking poison in NA? I thought we didn't get that till later this year. but i did two poison effects and no other Dots, one for 1000 and one for 2000 and the enemy took 3000, unless something really weird happened.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #397

NecromancerGirl

I got a quandry.

I have 3 of the Event Lancers, and I have no clue who to set as Support. Liz, Vlad, and Cu all compete for that spot. Liz has the best support skill for the event, but Cu doesnt die. Vlad is a little lacking on the skill end.

Casters I dont know if a low skill level Rhyme is better then Hans who has mid skill levels.

Emiya and Hood both appeal for Archer slots so I cant be sure who to pick there.

Grailed Nero is the real winner here, and with an Increased Healing CE shes the best tank. Also the only one that doesnt have competition in that Class.

In the end, I have 10 of the Event Servents, and most of them overlap certain classes. I guess that makes farming nodes easier if the node is weak to that class.

EDIT: Important Question, how long after the start of the event does the Kiara Banner start? Is it a week or so in, or is it right there at the beginning?
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-04-10 at 06:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    I have 3 of the Event Lancers, and I have no clue who to set as Support. Liz, Vlad, and Cu all compete for that spot. Liz has the best support skill for the event, but Cu doesnt die. Vlad is a little lacking on the skill end.
    Anyone can bring Cu. Unless your Cu is grailed, I wouldn't bother with him.

In terms of builds, Vlad is less offensive, more tanky, while Liz is an offensive force multiplier. I'd probably put Liz in there, simply because she works comfortably in more teams.

Casters I dont know if a low skill level Rhyme is better then Hans who has mid skill levels.
    Nursery Rhyme is an offensive Caster, Hans is a healer. If your Nursery Rhyme is high enough level (that's level, not skill level) to matter, that's good; if she's not, it's a waste to bring an offensive Caster, so bring Hans instead. Also, if Hans is grailed, just default to him.

Emiya and Hood both appeal for Archer slots so I cant be sure who to pick there.
    If EMIYA has higher levels or skill levels, him. Robin is great for his niche role, putting Poison on an enemy and then nuking them. But he needs an Arts team to function, his Poison can be resisted, and outside of his NP his damage is subpar. By contrast, EMIYA works in basically any team composition, and while his damage is inconsistent, his crits are excellent.

EDIT: Important Question, how long after the start of the event does the Kiara Banner start? Is it a week or so in, or is it right there at the beginning?
    It looks like the second banner drops about halfway through the event. According to one projection, the event runs 4/22-5/16, or so, with the first banner running through the whole thing and the second banner starting on around 5/1. This makes sense, for story reasons. The second banner is the Kiara banner.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

9. - Top - End - #399

Rolled for Umu Bride for my NP3 Vlad, got her. Now I can run Vlad/Tamamo/Tamamo/Bride/Mash/(Herc or Cu(Alter)) for my perfect Vlad composition!

10. - Top - End - #400

NecromancerGirl

The ones I listed are all max level, no grails spent with one exception. I save those for Waifus. Which at this point is just Nero, LArtoria and 5 saved for Nero Caster.

Looking like Liz then, she does have the better skills over Vlad. Rhyme is level 80 but all skills at base and low Fou investment. Hans is sitting in mid levels for skills, but level 65. Hence my confusion there. Emiya and Hood are about even for skills, but personally I have had more success with Hood then Emiya. Mostly cause I more often use Arts Archers like Archoria or Chloe, so Hood fits more in with them making Arts NP Chains possible.

And I was worried about that banner thing. Now I have to resist the temptation of Passion Lip and Meltlilth. Though it does make a lot of sense. On top of that, I tend to have more luck with Second Banners then First Banners in events or story bits. Which is how I got a lot of my 5 Stars. So really hoping my old luck pulls through.

EDIT: did a dumb which was another 10 roll for Nero. 2 4 Star CEs, neither of them the good ones. Down to 60SQ for Kiara, but I had already resigned myself to Spending...
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-04-10 at 11:03 PM.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I'm going for Cu on my Lancer spot. I do have Liz and (EXTRA) Vlad, but best doggo is 80 | 10/10/10, so he'll be way more useful than the others. Also I have 90 Nero | 10/10/10, so she'll be on that Saber spot. My Hans is 70 | 8/8/8, so he'll do. Although I see him more as an all-round support caster than just a healer, I see why he could be considered as such (less consistent than other offensive casters). Emiya will do in that aacha spot, not fully leveled, but I'll work on those skills~

Also, we got an apoloapple, does anyone know why?

"**** if I know."

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Also, we got an apoloapple, does anyone know why?
    there apparently was some networking issues that caused difficulty connecting to the server for 12 mins.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Looking like Liz then, she does have the better skills over Vlad. Rhyme is level 80 but all skills at base and low Fou investment. Hans is sitting in mid levels for skills, but level 65. Hence my confusion there. Emiya and Hood are about even for skills, but personally I have had more success with Hood then Emiya. Mostly cause I more often use Arts Archers like Archoria or Chloe, so Hood fits more in with them making Arts NP Chains possible.
    Yeah, if you have the composition for an Arts team, Robin is definitely a solid choice. And yeah, Liz is probably a more popular choice for a guest Servant.

I think I'm going for Cu on my Lancer spot. I do have Liz and (EXTRA) Vlad, but best doggo is 80 | 10/10/10, so he'll be way more useful than the others.
    Oh, Doggo is a great choice, if you have him grailed. A lot of people don't realize, but some 3-star - and even lower rarity - Servants can actually shine when grailed up to 4-star levels, and Doggo is one of them.

I mean, Shishou outshines him any day of the week, but still.

My Hans is 70 | 8/8/8, so he'll do. Although I see him more as an all-round support caster than just a healer, I see why he could be considered as such (less consistent than other offensive casters).
    I mean, in terms of support ability, you've got his first skill. He won't get the rank-up on his third skill for awhile yet. You've also got his NP, but the buffs are chance-based - even at NP5, that's only 80% chance. The heal, on the other hand, is consistent and valuable. That's why he's considered a healer first, and support second - his healing is solid and guaranteed, while his buffs are spotty.

The thing about offensive Casters is stats - even Buster-oriented Casters like Sanzang or Illya suffer from the class' innate low attack modifier, on top of having a naturally lower ATK stat than many other Servants of the same rarity. That's why support Casters generally see more play - they can take a Servant with better offensive stats (say, a Berserker) and make them far more effective than an offensive Caster might otherwise be.

Now, comparing Hans with other support Casters, such as Casko and Waver, Hans' key advantage is availability. You don't have to be lucky in gacha to have an NP5 Hans, max Ascensions. But if you have one of the other two, Hans' utility drops significantly. Waver is without question a more powerful buffer - party ATK and DEF buffs, targeted crit buff, and NP charge all around. Casko's skills are less buffy for the party, but her NP comes with a stronger heal than Hans' and a party NP charge. Yes, Hans has an NP charge skill that makes his NP more spammable, but other than that, especially in this event, I would probably recommend Casko over Hans, if available.

If not, Hans is one of those budget options that continues to shine well into lategame.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Dead week, dead week, nothing to do....

What are you guys up to now that are gacha overlords have given us some time to breathe? Farming some free quests for mats? Building up your QP? Grinding out interludes?
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

I've got a few things to do:

#1 - I have several Interludes left to do, and I need to get three peoples' Bonds up to access some of them, so that's on my list.
    #2 - I also need to get some Embers and Hero Proofs to finish unlocking all my Interludes, so that's on the to-do.
    #3 - Start stockpiling Embers in case I get someone good in the Seraph event.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Bugbear in the Playground

It's the ember mines for me. I still have to level Emiya Alter from a month or so ago in Shinjuku, and Chacha was pretty much ignored in favor of Hijikata. Not to mention having a big pile saved up for BB or potential draws would be good.

Other than that? I need berserker gems for Hijikata and seeds for Nightingale, though those are probably a lower priority. I don't have any open interludes right now.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    It's the ember mines for me. I still have to level Emiya Alter from a month or so ago in Shinjuku, and Chacha was pretty much ignored in favor of Hijikata. Not to mention having a big pile saved up for BB or potential draws would be good.

Other than that? I need berserker gems for Hijikata and seeds for Nightingale, though those are probably a lower priority. I don't have any open interludes right now.
    Similar here. I have no open Interludes or Strengthenings. I need gems for a few Servants, but mostly I just want to do some Ember farming to shore up a few stragglers (Chacha and Marie!Classic). After that, maybe stockpile some more Embers. Apparently the event gives enough Embers to level BB if the gacha is its typical level of generous (read: not at all) and you have no-one else to feed them to, but there's no harm in being prepared.

18. - Top - End - #408

RedWizardGuy

Ember mines to Max out my Mana prism farm to get a Mona Lisa CE. I'll toss in some hero proof so I don't get bored.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

I've got some interludes and strengthenings I need to work on, but also bond levels to open up more. And always ember farming.

Not to mention all the free quests I've yet to clear out from Camelot on.

Factotum Variants!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Ember mines to level Jalter Lily to 98, then more ember mines to level the servants that will have bonuses during the CCC event. An apple or three each day should get me enough.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-04-11 at 01:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

I need to hit the treasure vault, i already spent all 70 million QP i saved from the last two events and then some on making 4 star nero go from level 90 to 100 and getting blatvatski's skills to level 10 to ease my ember farming method.

apart from QP farming i am also finishing off the free quests in shinjuku, if i have more time i will be ascending random people to ascension 4 for their strengthening quests.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeRaids View Post
    Dead week, dead week, nothing to do....

What are you guys up to now that are gacha overlords have given us some time to breathe? Farming some free quests for mats? Building up your QP? Grinding out interludes?

Login for my rewards.

free summon.

close app.

i was trying to farm that sweet sweet xp yesterday. Ended up doing it two times, then just closed the app. Outside of events, i can't really bring myself to play that hardcore...

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Troll in the Playground

Make sure you pound out the weekly missions asap. Nothing worse than having to break away from an event because it just isn't giving you what you need to finish those.

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #414

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Make sure you pound out the weekly missions asap. Nothing worse than having to break away from an event because it just isn't giving you what you need to finish those.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be a problem with the post-Solomon events. They're not going to give missions that can't be completed by everyone.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that turns out to be a problem with the post-Solomon events. They're not going to give missions that can't be completed by everyone.
    Yeah, nothing like getting a 'Defeat 3 Caster Servants' mission when the event doesn't currently offer any, for example, so you have to waste time and AP doing that for your precious precious shards.

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Less of an issue this week, since we're a few weeks out from the next event, but it's good long-term strategy.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Less of an issue this week, since we're a few weeks out from the next event, but it's good long-term strategy.
    You know I honestly had no idea when the upcoming grind fest was starting, but yeah, I always try to grind them out as soon as I can.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #418

You know I honestly had no idea when the upcoming grind fest was starting, but yeah, I always try to grind them out as soon as I can.
    My understanding is recommendation for this week is "Do the training grounds enough that you don't need to do free quests, because the efficient way to do the free quests are garbage quests."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, this is a dead week (probably next one will be too.)

Farm those embers, complete those missions, and get those servants leveled if you're aiming for the welfare servant from C.C.C., as beating the Challenge Quests is required for completing her copies (NP up to Lv5).

"**** if I know."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Yup, I'm getting as many embers as possible for Gawain and Tristan. Got them both in the lvl 60 tier atm.
    Sadly I don't have seeds to ascend Nursery Rhyme, so she may be stuck at lvl 50.