New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Oh my goodness this event! I'm drowning in references. Lots of pythons too. I will NEED to redo the dialogues once the replay cutscenes option appears and see what I missed by picking the semi rational options.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Troll in the Playground

i am so torn on the formal craft essence. there is mash, who is mash, enough said. there is the great and mighty umu. adn finally Jeanne, how often are you going to see Jeanne letting herself have fun. there were other options, but i like how these look better.

I can't help but think our resident bersekcar fanatic will probably go for what i can't deny is one of the best formal portraits, but i care more for other waifus.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-07-04 at 03:08 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #933

BlackDragon

Don't forget to play the Paul Bunyan minigame on the FGONA site for quartz: https://bunyan-campaign2019.fate-go.us/

All the formal CEs look fantastic. I can't decide between Jeanne, Scathach, Marie and Artoria...

4. - Top - End - #934
    Bugbear in the Playground

There is only one true choice for the formal CEs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ROME
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Anyone else feel like the art style used for Paul Bunyan clashes with... well, everything else in the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Anyone else feel like the art style used for Paul Bunyan clashes with... well, everything else in the game?
    Well, yeah, it's the point.

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ettin in the Playground

Been awhile since I pointed but honestly FGO has had me depressed recently with numerous attempts to pull characters I've wanted for awhile that have all failed rather awfully.

But a new EoR and a new event is a great way to draw me back in!

So what are my thoughts on both so far (I haven't finished either yet).

Agartha
    Spoiler: Really?
    Show
    THIS is the chapter that I've kept hearing is so awful and should be retconned out of the game? Really? Wow. Just...wow. Its got some issues like every chapter of the story has had, but just within the EoRs it comes in a solid second for me. Seraphix was great but Shinjuku, aside from a cool setting (which it had) was honestly awfully boring for me. Plot made sense but not really since it relied on new concepts being introduced just to explain it, Moriarty wasn't a fun villain, and honestly I'm tired of Jeanne Alter which is pretty amazing considering she was the main reason I kept playing the game when it first launched. Now I kind of dread her appearances.

Agartha's problems are...much more low key? KEep in mind that I have a general idea of what's already happening, its the specifics that I don't know.

-The unadulterated Astolfo lust is NOT appreciated. I thought he would be a great character when I first read about him. Then I tolerated him in Apocrypha until the very end of it. Then he began irritating the crap out of me in FGO. So I do not enjoy the game pushing this 'the MC likes/lusts for Astolfo' narrative when d'eon is RIGHT there for the snuggling! If it was a choice between the two, I wouldn't mind, but there's some narrative options where both are 'lust after Astolfo'. Well, no. No I will not. I burned him into a rare prism for a reason game. And when I could have the choice of lusting after D'eon instead, I really don't appreciate it.

-Rider of Resistance is...interesting. I mean that honestly, knowing he turns out to be an evil bastard later. In my exposure to media, evil guys rarely turn out to be determinators and trying to pick out if he really has amnesia or if he's playing me is fun. As in trying to pick out any foreshadowing for his inevitable betrayal, which is pretty subtle so far up until his name reveal.

-The setting of Agartha. From what I've heard, I was expecting something a lot more heavy-handed or...well...different from what I got which is pretty engaging. Three powers locked in struggle with a fourth and a 'force of nature' to complicate things is fun and I'm enjoying Fergus Lily's education into different kind of kingdoms and how he might want to rule himself. Its rather introspective from the big lug and makes me want to level up his older self a bit to see how much has always been there. Dahut was fun in the 'this is your servant, this is your servant on drugs' kind of way but the attempt at shock horror with the pirates fell through for me personally. Assassin of Nightless City is a badass and adorable, which I know would annoy the crap out of her, which makes it better. Definition of a self-made ruler holding others to an impossible standard just because she thinks she's attained it herself which is a fun trope.

-Scheh. I want her. Not just because she's sexy, but because I want to protect her and help her get over her Thanatophobia. And the idea that she's the real mastermind behind all of this and not Rider is an interesting one that I want to see what they do with. And please come home Scheh, I have tanks like you wouldn't believe!

-Megalos is...disappointing. The force of nature idea is awesome but we've already seen it from Heracles before, many times in fact, and this time is worse because it strips away the bits that did give him personality. I would just as soon have this be an entirely different berserker like Beowulf because that would have been something more.

-Penth, haven't gotten through her part of the story yet, but she's pretty dope. Love her game face and the fact she actually...well...berserks in battle. Properly zerks that is, so long as someone triggers her rage.

All in all its a pretty fun ride so far, eager to keep playing it out to see if it can stick the landing or not which means a lot (last EoR most certainly did not). Right now I'm at...what I'm guessing is the Dragon Palace.

As for All the Statesmen...

Bunyan is badass and my favorite tall tale from when I was a child. She will be evolved into my farming team. Plus she's lumberjacking monsters which is pretty great.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerocite View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ROME
    While i would agree (since there is no Ereshkigal or Tamamo CE), but i just find her portrait not as good as mash's or jeanne's, but i was still considering her for quite a while. In the end i went with jeanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Bunyan's art style is specifically the learning with manga art style, cause reasons "or lack of reasons"

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #939
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ROME
    That's weird. I agree with you that there's only one true choice, but I can't pinpoint when Rome was a big part of Heracles' story.

If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So I'm currently at 121,230 damage on the Sixth singularity memorial quest. I think I could do way better with a more favourable setup from the cards, but Dear god why is it Gawain. Why is it always Gawain!?

I managed to pull Anne Bonny & Mary Read on my standard tactic of hucking random summoning tickets at the Story Gacha. It's....eah....I don't really need another Rider. I already have two of the best Rider's in the game. I mean, i'm always grateful to get another 4 or 5 Star servant. It's more SQ from Quests and Bond Points and whatnot, but I don't see me using them on a regular basis.

On the bright side, my exceptional luck at the Story banner continues...
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    So I'm currently at 121,230 damage on the Sixth singularity memorial quest. I think I could do way better with a more favourable setup from the cards, but Dear god why is it Gawain. Why is it always Gawain!?
    Eye of the Euryale with buffs from two Tamamos. Easy 200K+ damage.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Eye of the Euryale with buffs from two Tamamos. Easy 200K+ damage.
    Sadly I don't have a Tamamo, so my damage is going to have to focus on Busters and as far as Buster NP Archers go I have... Moriarty and Tesla....Neither of which really contribute to dealing a large amount of damage.

So unless I get lucky or find a low rarity Servant that has a buster np known to deal a lot of damage....

*Stares at Arash*

I'll be back guys.

Okay, forget Musashi. I managed to get 170k with my Level 60 Arash and Two Merlin's.

I really should consider grailing Arash. He's such an underappreciated character.

13. - Top - End - #943

NecromancerGirl

Have yet to try the Gawain fight. The other fights went easy, besides Tiamat and her Buff Removal and Curse Stacking. But Gawain confuses me. Is the goal to do over a certain damage in one turn, and you only have one turn? Kind of closed the info form pop up before I was able to let the info sink in. If that's the case, I'm not sure I got anything. "Just Double Support Caster" doesn't work for me, as I don't have any of the good ones. I got Waver, but hes garbage for this kind of thing. Best I can think of is Double Waver and Kuro, but in that case I'm better off with a single waver and a better set of Buffers. I don't have any Scopes and am running purely on a single MLB Element and a single non MLB Element for >50% Starting NP, so one turn NPs are not available unless I go Waver.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Have yet to try the Gawain fight. The other fights went easy, besides Tiamat and her Buff Removal and Curse Stacking. But Gawain confuses me. Is the goal to do over a certain damage in one turn, and you only have one turn? Kind of closed the info form pop up before I was able to let the info sink in. If that's the case, I'm not sure I got anything. "Just Double Support Caster" doesn't work for me, as I don't have any of the good ones. I got Waver, but hes garbage for this kind of thing. Best I can think of is Double Waver and Kuro, but in that case I'm better off with a single waver and a better set of Buffers. I don't have any Scopes and am running purely on a single MLB Element and a single non MLB Element for >50% Starting NP, so one turn NPs are not available unless I go Waver.
    Nah, it's still a fight that you have to beat(and in fact your damage isn't logged unless you beat the fight), but there's also an added thing of being able to see how much damage you deal in one turn.

It's just a thing they decided to do.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ettin in the Playground

Got around 320ish K on Gawain with Heracles and some memeish supports...of course I forgot it was a regular fight, Gawain kept on attacking, and ended up costing me a single quartz to finish it.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

16. - Top - End - #946

RedWizardGuy

The Salter memorial quest was kicking my butt several times, so I said screw it, and went full re re. Double Merlin 10/10/10 + Orion degeneration. Took me 50 turns but I did it. God, I hate stall teams.
    The last break bar has too much dps for even double Merlin, so that's when you focus on Orion np. 3nps means you can (barely) face tank a saber np.
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/UveQqWv
    Last edited by HMS Invincible; 2019-07-05 at 10:36 AM.

17. - Top - End - #947

Chloe+Double Merlin took down the final challenge.
    Well, the old team held up. This time I used the Atlas Uniform, and it helped out a lot.
    Steam ID

18. - Top - End - #948
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I don't remember what I used to take her down last year, so I just went for whatever seemed right. Chloe + Tamamo + Waver, with Tristan, Jeanne and Angra (for the bond points) in the back. Got her down to 450K on her last bar before I used my command seals.

19. - Top - End - #949

BlackDragon

I went Archuria/Merlin/Tamamo. Just had to time the invul for the break bar NP charge correctly.

20. - Top - End - #950

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by nightwyrm View Post
    I went Archuria/Merlin/Tamamo. Just had to time the invul for the break bar NP charge correctly.
    I could never get archuria's NP + merlin invuln timing right. I think I need to prioritize invuln first, and let the archuria 80% rng trigger on off turns.

Well, the old team held up. This time I used the Atlas Uniform, and it helped out a lot.
    Is the idea you use NP merlins until the last hp bar, and then damage race Salter?

I don't remember what I used to take her down last year, so I just went for whatever seemed right. Chloe + Tamamo + Waver, with Tristan, Jeanne and Angra (for the bond points) in the back. Got her down to 450K on her last bar before I used my command seals.
    Why does angry mango give bonus to bond points? Or did you just want to bond10 him?

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Why does angry mango give bonus to bond points? Or did you just want to bond10 him?
    I've been told that he'll get a secret intermission chapter in the future, and you have to have bond 10 with him, so I'm keeping him in my team, no matter what the mission is.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Also...you know...It's always nice to bond up your servants for the bonus SQ...

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    Also...you know...It's always nice to bond up your servants for the bonus SQ...
    Not that I need the bonus SQ from him since I'm at 9 and a half.

Speaking of bond 10, I got d'Eon at that today.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-07-05 at 09:53 PM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

I've been told that he'll get a secret intermission chapter in the future, and you have to have bond 10 with him, so I'm keeping him in my team, no matter what the mission is.
    I don't know about that, but his Bond CE is somewhat useful - gives him double damage against Beast-type enemies, and a 1-time Guts.

The Guts is useful, at least for the time being, given that his third skill does come with a self-KO at the end. Although, that's less of a problem post-Interlude.

But the double damage against Beasts, that's legitimately useful - potentially, anyway, if you decide to Grail him to up his stats - since not all Beasts have exploitable weaknesses otherwise.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

25. - Top - End - #955
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Got around 320ish K on Gawain with Heracles and some memeish supports...of course I forgot it was a regular fight, Gawain kept on attacking, and ended up costing me a single quartz to finish it.
    I really hope we don't have to ever see him again.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

26. - Top - End - #956

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Is the idea you use NP merlins until the last hp bar, and then damage race Salter?
    Atlas Uniform meant the Merlins' never got too low, I just kept going slow for the whole fight. Managed to rotate the Invul's so I never got hit by a NP.

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    I really hope we don't have to ever see him again.
    For the 3rd Anniversary the memorial bosses are different, for Camelot we get Rhongo instead.
    Steam ID

27. - Top - End - #957

GSSR is up! Gave it a roll and got Tamamo-no-mae. Four SSRs to my name, the entire locked set to draw from, and I find the duplicate. Still, she's not a bad servant to have at NP2. Just not a very exciting outcome. I might put some quartz at Sherlock when I'm feeling luckier.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2019-07-07 at 12:42 AM.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Orc in the Playground

For the 3rd Anniversary the memorial bosses are different, for Camelot we get Rhongo instead.

I don't remember struggling with her so, i'll stay blissfully ignorant, and assume she'll be easier.

I'm drooling

80 sq! (my savings are getting some weight... i'm not going to make it through the summer)

and my mhxa finally gets her buff!

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    GSSR is up! Gave it a roll and got Tamamo-no-mae. Four SSRs to my name, the entire locked set to draw from, and I find the duplicate. Still, she's not a bad servant to have at NP2. Just not a very exciting outcome. I might put some quartz at Sherlock when I'm feeling luckier.
    combo her with summer mordred for np spam shenanigans.

I read his skills, i can't ever bring myself to pull for support units.
    Last edited by ellenate; 2019-07-07 at 12:54 AM.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Troll in the Playground

Well, i am a very happy camper now. On the GSSR banner, i finally got not drake even though drake was an option this time. Also while i didn't get my number 1 desired servant i got 1 of my top 3. MHXA! I finally have a 5 star berserker.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #960

BlackDragon

Got Hijikata, who I have no use for but at least he's a new servant I guess.