New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Remnants of Cyre <Team One>

Hector

Initiative - (1d20-4)[15]

A loud shout wakes Hector from his slumber (@C7)

*sigh*
    Of all the rooms, I get stuck in the one next to the loud drunk...still...I wonder who he's going to kill

Crawling out of bed, Hector moves into the hall to see what exactly all the commotion is about (@D4).

Seeing a man in the hall, and assuming he's the one who was shouting, Hector speaks up.

"Would you mind keeping it down?!? Some people are trying to sleep...and I imagine that you really don't want to send anyone to their grave, it's probably just the booze talking..."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Templar

Templar steps further into the room, blocking the entryway as he silently makes a few feinting thrusts before moving in for a powerful chop to the legs.

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll=Attack]1d20+4
    Damage - (1d8+3)[6]
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2007-10-06 at 12:36 PM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

One of Templar's feinting thrusts catches the zombie in the throat, severing its head from its body. The corpse drops like a puppet with its strings cut, spilling blood across the wooden floor from its torn neck.

OOC: Since not everyone has had a chance to roll Listen checks yet, I rolled them for everyone.

Gronth, Hector, and Jacinth all hear the faint sound of terrified screams in the distance, comming from outside the inn.

4. - Top - End - #94

Templar

Templar picks up a blanket off the bed and cleans his sword on it, before stepping out into the hall. "Try to save your spells for a more substantial threat. Furthermore, remain as far away from enemy units as possible, to allow me to shield you from their attacks. Now I have to investigate this situation. I could use your help."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

AC:14 HP:12/12

Jacinth holds the two stones in his hand (or three if his attempt at attacking didn't happen), they will be good for the next 29 minutes or so. He shrugs and stays behind Templar. "Sounds like there is trouble outside... most likely whatever got to our poor friend here and possibly connected with that big flash in the sky."

He looks around at the zombie, curious if the severed head is still animated. Being careful not to get close to it regardless. He picks up the silk rope and returns it to Kalinar. "Anyone remember their Zombie plan?"
    Last edited by Randel; 2007-10-07 at 02:38 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

6. - Top - End - #96

Hector

Irritated at being ignored, Hector was just about to lay into the drunk when a massive Warforged exited the room cleaning a sword covered in blood. Hector whimpers...

"Maybe you did mean to send him to his grave after all."

Hearing the scream from outside, Hector desides to follow the other two outside to investigate.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar closes his mouth, ending his incantation before it finishes and then accepts the rope and puts in back into his bag. "Zombie plan? Kill them all, if I remember correctly." He smiles wanely.

"Trouble outside, eh? We're already knee deep in it, might as well go deeper." Kalinar walks with Jacinth and Templar, nodding to the man that just woke up.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

A scream pierced Gronth's thoughts - battle being waged, perhaps? No, maybe someone getting attacked or otherwise suffering. Regardless, Gronth needed some way to channel his aggression. Turning around, Gronth snatched the massive ax in one hand and rushed outside, trying to determine the direction from which the scream came.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Chars:
    Cora Hilltopple, Rogue 5/Fighter 2 (Left area of gaming group)
    Ethelon, Sorcerer 4 (Campaign postponed indefinitely)
    Altair De'Von, Cleric 1
    Gronth Gaar, Barbarian 1

Avatar is of Cora Hilltopple, made by me!

9. - Top - End - #99

Templar

Yes, says Templar in response to Harold. He takes a few steps toward the stairway and then stops. Don't follow us. You will be safer here.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

Outside, Gronth can more easily hear the screams of terror and pain. They seem to be rising from all over the city. Suddenly the silent, shadowy forms stumbling through the night take on a much more sinister role, especialy with the commotion that you heard going on inside. Several of the forms are heading towards the inn.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

As the sounds of terror begin to envelope the city, and he sees the others readying themselves for battle, the ornate mithral warforged replaces his spear on his back. He takes out a crossbow and a winch, and readies a bolt. Has the war reached the city?
    Without any real orders, he kicks over a table and takes cover behind it.
    Now my turn to fight has come...

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

Jacinth looks around the room and, hearing the screams outside, begins to formulate a plan. He looks for the barkeep and talks to him "Okay, the dead man that was brought upstairs just rose up as a ravenous zombie and we had to re-kill it... it's kind of messy up there. I think this is happening all over the city and in just a bit we may find ourselves up close with lots of undead zombies that if they kill you then you turn into a zombie.

So, I think we should call in any members of the staff you have outside at the moment, bar up the back door and any other entrance with maybe someone there to let in uninfected humans if doing so will not let in zombies as well. Let the big warforged there *points to Templar* guard the front entrance by standing in it so he only has to fight one or two zombies at a time. Then we could try gathering up any survivors who are caught outside wandering the streets. Though if my knowledge is correct, in a disaster we could expect a few criminal types to try looting in the commotion.
    "

He stops to take a breath and then asks, "Oh, did you already send one of your staff out to get the healer? If so, how long ago and which direction is the healer located?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

Templar

Templar steps up behind Jacinth. I'm sorry, but I can't allow you to take such drastic measures based only on a hypothesis. You have no proof to back your claims. Under the circumstances, I'm going to have to abandon my current mission. If the city is indeed under attack, my first priority is to protect the Queen. Please accompany me to the royal palace at once.

Sword still drawn, Templar trudges heavily towards the entrance to the inn and out into the street.
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2007-10-07 at 05:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar raises an eyebrow at the quickly moving warforged's back. He then looks to Jacinth. "Takes charge when he thinks he knows what's going on, doesn't he?" He looks again at the empty doorframe. "Think we should chase him? As a forged, I don't see him being bitten, really."
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

The bartender seems shocked by Jacinth's words. "The poor boy . . . I sent one of the kitchen boys to fetch the healer a minute ago. I told him to run quickly, so he's probably halfway to the Jorasco enclave by now. The enclave is just a few block to the north east of here. I didn't think the boy would be in danger . . ." The barkeep trails off as the sounds of someone banging heavily upon wood start coming from the kitchen. A woman, presumably the cook, screams in fright.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Leaving the makeshift table barricade, the warforged kicks down the kitchen door, pointing his crossbow at any perceived threat, attempting to see if the cook is in danger.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth tries to consol the barkeep. "He might be okay, if he was your fastest kitchen boy he should easily outrun the zombies. Zombies can't move very fast and as long as he has enough light to see them coming he should be able to avoid them. If he was still close by or likely to be back soon then he might need warning."

When he hears Templar he turns and shouts. "Wait! The Queen is in another city! And she's got more than enough guards and gates to protect herself. We need you to protect the citizens!"

When he hears the scream and sees the other warforged break down the door into the kitchen he follow it. Looking behind himself he shouts. "Close that door and guard it in case any zombies try getting in but be sure to let in survivors. If anyone has any means to fight the undead I suggest you come out and get ready."

He makes his way after Fetch and clutches the three stones in his pocket. He has the feeling that he really should have gotten some healing scrolls made up earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Hector

Undead?!? This seems an odd place for the living impaired...

Hector notices a Warforged break down the kitchen door.

There's definitely something going on here, and whether it's undead or not, I imagine I can be of some help, even if it is just healing the wounded.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

The kitchen door slams into the wall with a bang as Fetch bursts through it. The cook, a half-elven woman, has pressed herself up agains the farthest corner of the room. The pounding on the door is louder now, and the wood around the lock is starting to crack and splinter. A heavy hand crashes down upon the glass of the window, shattering it into dozzens of shards. Through the gaping hole, the blank, mindless faces and clumsy, exagerrated motions of several undead can be seen out in the night.

Out on the street, Gronth and Templar can see the whole of the street. The inn sits at the north-western corner of a T shaped crossroads, To the east, the streetlamps cast small pools of light down the whole of the block, illuminating the shadowy fronts of homes and shops and a number of shambling, humanoid forms. To the west, the road splits to the north and south. You can't see around the inn to see much of whats down the road to the north, but you can see a distance to the south, and the view is just as grim as to the east.

Of more imediate concern are the dead that are shambling from the alleyways across from the inn. There are four of them on the street right now, but from the screaming coming from the inn's kitchen, you don't doubt that there are more of them in the darkness.

20. - Top - End - #110

Templar

No one touches the citizens of Cyre! After his bold shout, Templar stalks heavily towards the advancing zombies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[18]
    Delay until after the zombies turn. If they move close enough to move, then I will charge the nearest one, if not I will double move in their direction.
    Attack - (1d20+6)[8]
    damage - (1d8+3)[6]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Wasting no time, the warforged moves up to the broken window on the door and stretches out his left hand into the frame. The construct shouts something nonsensical as a sheet of searing flames bursts forth.
    We need to seal this exit!

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[6]
    Burning Hands - (1d4)[4]
    Hopefully the spell will hit as many undead as possible in a 10 ft. half circle. The zombies need to make a DC 14 reflex save for half damage. If Fetch gets attacked, he's got a +5 Concentration modifier.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a growl, Gronth charges at the nearest form, hacking away with abandon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are we keeping initiative rolls, or re-rolling?

Just in case, "Initiative" - (1d20+2)[4](6)
    "Charge Attack" - (1d20+5)[3](8)
    "Damage" - (1d12+2)[1](3)
    AC: Temporarily 14
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Chars:
    Altair De'Von, Cleric 1
    Gronth Gaar, Barbarian 1

23. - Top - End - #113

Hector

Following the warforged into the kitchen.

Undead indeed! And from the looks of it, there are quite a few...may The Flame protect me and vanquish this evil!

Hector moves into the kitchen and grabs the necklace of a flame around his neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hector attempts to turn any undead he can see within 60ft. (Not sure how big this kitchen is

Rolling Stuff

Initiative - (1d20-4)[0] (edit)Wow...an Init. of 0!
    Turn Check(1d20)[6] - Lets see if I can even turn any of these...(edit) only undead with a level 2 less than mine are effected...so basically none
    Turn Damage(2d6+1)[7]
    Last edited by theterran; 2007-10-08 at 12:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Jacinth

Jacinth silently curses Templar for abandoning them like this, he could probably be very effective in close combat situations like this. He turns to the cook. "Quick, do you have any grease or anything really slippery? We can use it to keep them off balance. His mind races to find a way to better hamper the undead outside.

He checks the door to see if it can be barred (if it has slots on the sides to place a heavy wooden plank) if it does, then he rushes over to bar the door. If it doesn't he pulls out his crossbow and loads it.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar

Cursing softly to himself, Kalinar grabs his crossbow from the chair it'd been hanging from and loads it. He closes the front door, so nothing can just wander in. He then flips a table over and sets up behind it, crossbow pointed at the front door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+2)[5]

Readied action to fire at anything coming in the front, if it's not Gronth or Templar who I saw go out there.

Don't be stupid.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Inititive 11: Jacinth - The cook is practicaly frozen in fear. She's grabbed a large kitchen knife and is clutching it like her life depends upon it. She doesn't respond to Jacinth's words.
    As for barring the door, the study wooden door, while tough enough to keep out common thieves, was not made to stop relentless pounding. There are no brackets to hold a bar, as the lock was probably figured to be enough. One of the large cabinets might be pushed up against the door to help brace it, but they look heavy and hard to move.
    While considering his options, he loads his crossbow.

Inititive 8: Zombies - One of the zombies in the kitchen begins to crawl through the window, leaving behind a trail of blood from the cuts inflicted by the broken glass. More pounding on the door by the rest of the kitchen group.
    Outside, the nearest pair of zombies charge towards Gronth (Still at his normal AC). The others shamble towards Templar, who is slower out the door and so behind Gronth.

Inititive 7: Templar charges towards one of the zombies heading towards him, but the uneven cobblestones of the street cause him to mistime his swing, causing it to go wide and miss.

Inititive 6: Fetch blasts the zombie crawling in the window with a blast of fire. The zombies outside are also caught in the blast and are scorched by the magical fire.

Inititive 5: Kalinar readies a barricade and covers the front door with his crossbow.

Inititive 4: Gronth swings wildly at the zombies, powerful blows that could dismember with a single swing, but none of his errattic swings connect.

Inititive 0: Hector attempts to drive back the dead with the holy power of his diety, but his power does not seem to be strong enough to drive them back.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-10-08 at 01:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground

Forgot to roll the zombie's attacks on Gronth. This might get nasty.

Zombie1:
    Attack -(1d20+5)[21]
    Damage -(1d4+2)[5]
    Zombie2:
    Attack -(1d20+5)[19]
    Damage -(1d4+2)[4]
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2007-10-08 at 01:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Kalinar turns to see how much commotion is actually coming from the kitchen area. He moves to the door into the kitchen area, and seeing the zombie crawling in through the window, fires a bolt off at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's kinda hard to decide what to do, since the zombies take their move before I do, so it's likely that this doesn't even apply once it comes to my inititave. If it doesn't, then I'm firing at another zombie that isn't in combat.

Attack: (1d20+2)[13]
    Confirm Crit: (1d20+2)[17]
    Should the attack be less than 12, using an Action point to boost it. (1d6)[5]
    Damage: roll]1d8[/roll]

Don't be stupid.

29. - Top - End - #119

Templar

Templar throws a look at Gronth which might convey concern or alarm by its rapidness-if his plate-mail styled body had anything resembling a face, and disengages from the zombies he is currently facing, trudging forward to close ranks with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    If possible I will move towards one of the zombies attacking Gronth and attack it, provoking as few AOOs as possible preferably (but as many as necessary). Otherwise I'll carefully disengage and take a double move to do so. Speed is 20 ft.
    Attack - (1d20+4)[13]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[11]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gronth shrugs off the surprisingly powerful blows, his common sense becoming blinded by his sudden fury. With a bloodthirsty shout, Gronth swings again at one of the zombies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Raging, so temp stats are: STR 19 + 4, CON 19 + 4, HP 16 (-9 = 7).

Rage rounds left: 6 (after this)

Attack - (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage - (1d12+4)[12]

If the zombie is killed, I get a Cleave attack against the other:

Attack - (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage - (1d12+4)[7]

As far as tactics go, while Gronth remains in his rage (a total of 7 rounds), he will continue killing zombies outside. When this ends, Gronth will retreat to the tavern and try to defend it as well as possible with his shortbow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current Chars:
    Altair De'Von, Cleric 1
    Gronth Gaar, Barbarian 1