New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frozen 2

1. - Top - End - #31
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Frozen 2

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Possibly, because I saw him. Also double checked while writing this, and he's in it twice. In the heart fire and on the cliff overlooking stuff.

Sorry to crush your dreams.
    And on Valentine's Day, you monster!
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    So what will they do when the live action trailers for Dumbo and the Lion King come out?
    The Dumbo trailers aren't already out? I found out about it from the 'upcoming movies' segments when I went to see Infinity War.. (also, yes, it looks bizarre.)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Tangled II and Moana II? Or maybe they are counting on those traillers being at least slightly better than the abomination that is Blue Will Smith.
    I don't know. I saw some still images of the live action dumbo character. There's some creepy uncanny valley stuff going on with that elephant. Hopefully as a result the pink elephants alcohol sequence will be creepier than one thousand Freddy Kruegers.

Also does Olaf just not need a snow cloud over his head anymore to exist in warmer weather?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I don't know. I saw some still images of the live action dumbo character. There's some creepy uncanny valley stuff going on with that elephant. Hopefully as a result the pink elephants alcohol sequence will be creepier than one thousand Freddy Kruegers.

Also does Olaf just not need a snow cloud over his head anymore to exist in warmer weather?
    I couldn't believe it when I saw the Dumbo movie. I feel that is a movie that just isn't needed. Here's hoping the movie is at least interesting from a technical level to apply those lessins foreward.

Also, maybe Elsa found a way to make Olaf "permenantly" cold without the cloud. I don't really care what the explanation is, only that there is one.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    For those without access to YouTube:

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, thank you. Ya, thats not Anna, unless her face got smushed.

Yeah. Where's the realism in this film series about ice magic, trolls, and a talking, animated snowman?
    Yes, because once we introduce magic, swords can be drawn in unnaturral and weird looking ways. Seriously, that thing would have to be a pool noodle for her to draw it like that. Also, why not let Christoph draw it? Hes clearly the one trained in its use if he's carting it around. And if Anna is trained in it, why doesnt she have one of her own?

Really that entire sequence just feels off.

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    The moment where Anna is in a balcony with many creepy diomond looking things makes me belive they may go with the Goblin and evil mirror plot of the original book this movie was based on.

But I could be wrong.

Edit: This moment:

Ya, I figured that the diamond things are someone elses magic. No idea who's or what they do though, which isnt surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

6. - Top - End - #36
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Yes, because once we introduce magic, swords can be drawn in unnaturral and weird looking ways. Seriously, that thing would have to be a pool noodle for her to draw it like that.
    We are talking about the sequel to a film that had a braid phase through a shoulder because it helped the animation look more fluid, right?

Also, why not let Christoph draw it? Hes clearly the one trained in its use if he's carting it around. And if Anna is trained in it, why doesnt she have one of her own?
    I'm gonna leave this argument alone. I know gender-baiting when I see it.

7. - Top - End - #37

AssassinGuy

I never did get around to watching Moana. I probably should. Maybe rewatch Tangled. That lantern scene was breathtaking when I saw it in theater.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

8. - Top - End - #38

Also is it just me or does this trailer seem more like a Star Wars movie than the official Star Wars movies made by Disney? You have Elsa training to hone her mystical ability kind of like Jedi training. Then there's these young people going off on an adventure. Furthermore Olaf could pass as a comic relief in the Star Wars universe.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Yes, because once we introduce magic, swords can be drawn in unnaturral and weird looking ways. Seriously, that thing would have to be a pool noodle for her to draw it like that.
    Futirama is probably my favorite show ever. Easily my favorite comedy, that's not even close. One thing I really appreciate about it is the commentary on every single episode. When I first got the DVDs back in the early aughts, that blew me away. The commentary cast varies - its always got the writer, usually the director, and then voice actors and other people come in and out.

But the one constant was David X. Cohen. This guy sounds like the epitome of the nerd stereotype - slightly high pitched, nasally voice, ya know? Dude could do a nerd character without even changing his voice at all. At first it was a slightly grating, but after the third episode or so I just wanted to hear commentary of David X. Cohen with David X. Cohen and a few other David X. Cohens rotating in and out. The man's a genius, I'll watch anything he puts out, I'm a fan for life.

One of the many things that make him so awesome is just how much I learned from him. Little things, not really useful, usually devoid of context, but he loves explaining and teaching little trivia bits. And that leads me to the point of this incredibly roundabout post.

"Cheating" is apparently a term in animation for a character or thing moving in a way that is not actually possible in real life as a way to preserve the shot. I can't remember the episode he talks about it in, or what it specifically was referring to, but that and Zim's example of the hair going through the shoulder are examples. The animators know, but they (or the director) wanted a certain shot to look a certain way, so they didn't care. They cheated to get the shot, and that happens in animation a lot. It's rarely noticed, and when it is, its honestly not a big deal. It's a small detail in a much larger overall work. It's no more jarring than a continuity error, like a glass of water being at different heights in different shots in the same scene.

Anyway.point is, you should watch more Futurama. That's never bad advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadMech View Post
    I never did get around to watching Moana. I probably should.
    Moana is one of my favorites, though that may be because I am heavily biased towards the tropical theme.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    I'm gonna leave this argument alone. I know gender-baiting when I see it.
    I'm not gender baiting, I'm legitimately wondering what is the point of her drawing Christoph's sword? Why not just have both of them have swords? Is she somehow less princess-y or something if she has a sword on her hip? I don't think so. I like Mulan (though she technically isn't a Princess) and she has a sword and armor. Meridia in Brave has a bow and was very enjoyable to watch.

Really this is a thing that extends from the fact that I find it annoying when someone uses someone else's weapon. Get your own weapon!

*stuff*
    Ah, that's fair then.
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2019-02-14 at 09:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

I understand what a teaser is for, but what are we gonna talk about? How nice the autumn leaves look? (TBH they do look nice, but that isnt my point) Like, can I get a shot of the villain? That would generate a ton of buzz.
    Well, for reference, here's the Incredibles 2 trailer, which has approximately zero film content:

So I don't think Disney sees the point of a teaser trailer as getting people to talk about movie content. It's just to get the fact of the sequel out there, and give film industry journalists images they can splash on top of articles about UPCOMING FROZEN SEQUEL. Considering we're still 10 months out, that's fine. Imagine how fatigued we'd be of Frozen discussion if we'd been picking trailers apart all year.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

....t...you know this entire sequence in that teaser trailer for Incredibles 2 is IN the film, right?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty decent looking trailer without really giving anything away. The scene with the frozen wave/walkway breaking is absolutely insane animation.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Lightbulb Re: Frozen 2

I'm not gender baiting, I'm legitimately wondering what is the point of her drawing Christoph's sword? Why not just have both of them have swords? Is she somehow less princess-y or something if she has a sword on her hip?
    I think they were going for intensity. Like ‘what would cause lovable, peaceful Anna to suddenly grab a sword and immediately attack’ sort of intensity. By not having her with her own sword it indicates she feels comfortable enough to be unarmed. Grabbing someone else’s sword and immediately attacking indicates she is really angry at her intended target.

Could be wrong...

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Listening Here View Post
    I think they were going for intensity. Like ‘what would cause lovable, peaceful Anna to suddenly grab a sword and immediately attack’ sort of intensity. By not having her with her own sword it indicates she feels comfortable enough to be unarmed. Grabbing someone else’s sword and immediately attacking indicates she is really angry at her intended target.

Could be wrong...
    I think it was more "feels threatened" than "is angry". Although there may be significant overlap.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Swords are heavy, when three people travel they need like one or max two swords between them. Doesn't matter who carries them.

You know, like in Lord Of The Rings. When Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas travel light, only Aragorn carries any swords.

The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    ....t...you know this entire sequence in that teaser trailer for Incredibles 2 is IN the film, right?
    And I'm sure all the stuff in the Frozen 2 trailer will be in the movie, but that's not the movie content that was being asked for, so I'm meeting the question on its terms.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DomaDoma View Post
    I will note that in the original fairy tale, the heroine's travels are divided rather firmly into seasons, and "autumn" involves a spoiled bandit princess. I hope the curly-haired girl is the spoiled bandit princess, I could really use that in my life.

Also, I guess it's a plot point that Elsa needs to cross the sea without benefit of vessel. That's something to work with.
    well whats next introduction of Salem and oz from rwby in 5th movie I can understand the reason for the second film for Moana and maybe frozen as half of the plot was missing despite the rocks bombastic acting style hey if I was creator of frozen 2 or 3 I definitely put rock in one of the main cast roles like cousin of Elsa and Anna with free reign to go balls deep in acting with option to his character performing hulk hogan taunt and peoples elbow for giggles sake. even kingdom hearts can't fix the first movie's lack of main plot besides Elsa's rebellion phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

19. - Top - End - #49

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    And I'm sure all the stuff in the Frozen 2 trailer will be in the movie, but that's not the movie content that was being asked for, so I'm meeting the question on its terms.
    I have no idea what you're talking about because your original post said "here is a teaser trailer with exactly 0% film footage" and then linked on that does have it.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

To be fair, they wrote "content", not "footage".

Presumably with the implication that "content" is about the actual storyline.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

21. - Top - End - #51

As for drawing the sword, there are numerous possible reasons. Just off the top of my head, anna could have been rescued and so doesnt have any gear of her own. She spotted a threat, or just something she really doesnt like, and grabbed for his blade rather than go, "Hey you, sword dude, there is a danger behind you in this specific direction!" Then have him turn around, spot the danger, react to it, and draw his sword. As for the ocean freezing thing, for some reason the scene that pops into my head is aladdin being sent to the edge of the world by jafar. If elsa got sent away in exile to an island, she needs to get back somehow, and this is her plan at that point. Maybe after this fails she builds herself an ice galleon. Or maybe she intends to create said boat once she is past the breakwater.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about because your original post said "here is a teaser trailer with exactly 0% film footage" and then linked on that does have it.
    IIRC, the Anchorman trail or I saw had 0% film footage. Which shame, since they apparently used all their funny jokes in that trailer. Im still angry that they advertised a movie I did not see.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not gender baiting, I'm legitimately wondering what is the point of her drawing Christoph's sword?
    Off the top of my head: she doesn't want to have to carry the sword long distances, and Kristoph doesn't mind carrying it for her, but is still her sword. Like a golf caddy.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    If elsa got sent away in exile to an island, she needs to get back somehow, and this is her plan at that point. Maybe after this fails she builds herself an ice galleon. Or maybe she intends to create said boat once she is past the breakwater.
    Looks like she's wearing formal garments in the style she's accustomed to, so if it is an exile, it'd be a pretty impromptu one. But we do have to account for her being left to herself. I vote that it's the result of some chain of action-y disasters that got her separated from Anna et al, but she is left with a clear knowledge of where to go and how very important it is that she get there.

(I really wouldn't count on anything so technically nautical in a Disney picture.)
    Don't blame me. I voted for Kodos.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Those look like Maple leaves... Are they going to Canada?
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Those look like Maple leaves... Are they going to Canada?
    Canada, most anywhere in Europe, China. . .

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    ... I've been lied too my entire life...
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Even as a non-Canadian who grew up with maple trees around, I didn't realize the tree was quite that far spread, but then again oaks and pines are also similarly widespread (at the genus level).

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

The starting scene (Elsa on the stormy beach) doesn't really strike me as much as a training session but rather her someone getting shipwhecked on an island, and trying to get off it

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    The starting scene (Elsa on the stormy beach) doesn't really strike me as much as a training session but rather her someone getting shipwhecked on an island, and trying to get off it
    There's probably more to it though. In the first movie Else conjured free standing staircases, entire castles and living creatures out of thin air. It doesn't seem to be that much of a stretch for her to create any kind of thing that would let her travel over the tops of the waves. Even if she can only do it with cold air, she seemed pretty good at conjuring that up out of hot air as well.
    Last edited by Lvl 2 Expert; 2019-02-16 at 11:59 AM.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!