New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1833343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Police Station XVIII

((Well, the problem comes from the fact that force isn't really an object, it's just what it is called- force.
    At least in my perspective. That's how Aesa does it.
    It's kinda like trying to skootch something that doesn't exist.
    Think of it, rather than an object or substance, a big area that exerts exactly the force required to negate your motion- an equal and opposite force, so to speak.

I'm not trying to be irritating here, really, this is just how I've always perceived it. If you want to change something because of this, I'll let you.))
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-10-09 at 09:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Your quasilogic is incredible.

@Vael

I think we can establish that it's something. SomeTHING. Things can be pushed.))
    Last edited by thehothead; 2007-10-09 at 10:07 PM.
    I'm not lazy, just efficient

Town-ness

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    ((Well, the problem comes from the fact that force isn't really an object, it's just what it is called- force.
    At least in my perspective. That's how Aesa does it.
    It's kinda like trying to skootch something that doesn't exist.
    Think of it, rather than an object or substance, a big area that exerts exactly the force required to negate your motion- an equal and opposite force, so to speak.

I'm not trying to be irritating here, really, this is just how I've always perceived it. If you want to change something because of this, I'll let you.))

In other words...It may not be Aesa's barrier...
    ((And there was much rejoicing.))

((Don't worry, I'm not going to ignore something you state works a certain way. ))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-09 at 10:08 PM.
    Seven out of ten people are in this statistic.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Barbarian in the Playground

One demon gets chopped. Because that's all BAD gets before another tackles him from behind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

I'm back! Sorta. Not really. Kinda though.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

((Bah, I don't feel like arguing this, especially since my knowledge of physics is singularly lacking.
    Though I'm pretty sure the best way to state my argument is:
    GRAAAAR! FORCE DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.
    *monkey smashes keyboard and screeches loudly*

I'm again going to try and explain, if only because of the example I thought of:
    Just picture Woland on the other side of him, pushing back against him.
    It's like the eternal paradox question:
    Is Woland powerful enough to skootch himself if he was opposing himself? ))

Anywho, due to the awesome powers of quasi logic and sheer level of skootch that Gray is exerting (he must have 10 levels in Skootch Master), he skootches the force wall.
    "And thou shalt be skootched!" Sayeth the Woland from above. And Vael nodded, and it was good.
    And thus, the force was skootched back with the wood chips, and the stone chips, and the stone dust, and wood dust, and the saw dust, and the-
    *cough*

Anyways, Aesa is a little pissed that her wall is being skootched. Therefore, she dissolves the wall and attempts to use telekinesis to kick up the aforementioned dust and chips up into his face, just to spite him.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Dwarf in the Playground

You see, it's kinda not such a good idea to let someone like BAD know where you are. It tends to make a certain object morph into a shape that doesn't allow your head to stay connected to your body.

BAD's axe morphs into a shape that doesn't allow the demons head to stay connected to its body, then start running towards the Balor, axe shaped like a sheild in front of him.

Town-ness

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

((Thanks for allowing Gray his action, Aesa. However, as I quoted from my previous post, in my last post, it may look like Gray is pushing Aesa's barrier, but that doesn't mean that what Gray is pushing is the barrier Aesa put around him. It's entirely possible that he's pushing around a barrier of his own design for comic effect.))

The kicked-up dust and bits of rubble hit Gray in what's known in some countries as 'da face'.

Fanning away the cloud of debris, he says,

"Listen, if I can't see anything then the building's going to end up looking like something a toddler made out of play-dough. I know you don't want a station, but surely you can see the value of it not looking like the architect scrapped the idea of ionic columns in favor of the 'lump of defecation' support beams!"
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-09 at 10:24 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1268

BAD can rush the Balor all he wants. But what he happens to find is the sudden appearance of the God of War's boot in front of his face, just between BAD and the shield.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Titan in the Playground

((Errrr....
    Then I'm really really confused as to what is going on, because my barrier is still there... and so unless he's pushing through it...?))

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Dwarf in the Playground

This makes BAD unhappy.
    BAD doesn't like being unhappy.
    BAD once again withdrawls into the axe, which morphs into a statue with an axe.
    He procedes with the complex task of morphing the statue into the various states of walking, towards the Balor.

Town-ness

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

((Well, I said the barrier closed around Gray. I never said that Gray stayed inside it. The barrier might be there, but that doesn't mean that it's holding Gray. Perhaps there was an 'illusion' of sorts involved?

Magic is one baaaaad mother-- *shut your mouth!*))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-10 at 07:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

((Well yes, but you never posted how he got through it.
    ...as far as I know, he just went 'dum de dum de dum' pressed a doorbell, opened a hole in the force, and walked out.
    So I'm kind of lost as to what is going on.
    If there was illusion, Aesa would have known. She has trueseeing...
    Which is generally why people should state exactly what they have done and trust others not to metagame.))
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2007-10-09 at 10:30 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273

Kyrian scowls, pitch black eyes glaring at BAD. With one hand he sends a ball of Saiyan energy at the statue, while with the other he throws a ball of iced lightning at BAD>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Dwarf in the Playground

BAD is very glad that he is currently fused with an object which things happen to if and only if he wants them too.

Town-ness

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

((There are many ways to pass through an invincible barrier. Disintegration, teleportation, not really being there in the first place, Napoleon in a bikini...

And true seeing doesn't necessarily see everything. "Magic" is a very broad term, and there are many, many sources and powers that fall under its blanket, not all of them necessarily 'arcane,' 'divine,' or 'froggywentacourtingandhedidride'.))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-09 at 10:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

((Well right, but the point is that you need to post HOW you did it. Even if my characters don't know, I need to know.))

17. - Top - End - #1277

((Ok, Hothead, I'm going to try this once. You CAN NOT expect people to follow through with your posted actions if you constantly do things like NOT REALLY REACTING to other's actions against you.))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Dwarf in the Playground

((My actions are the same. I was posting an explanation for the lack of effect.))
    Last edited by thehothead; 2007-10-09 at 10:35 PM.

Town-ness

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

((If you really want the backstory on the powers, I'll make it fairly short so as not to clutter up the flow of our roleplaying too much.

::snip::

Scrapped that explanation, was crappy and makes my character sound like a bulbously-powerful asshat.

Basically, Gray used special super double-yes happy magic to slip through the barrier. I should have explained that, it was my fault.

))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-09 at 11:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1280

((So now you're saying you expect people to follow through with your attacks, yet you just ignore attacks against you?))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Part of II.I.
    Legionary of Valor
    Inner Circle
    OOC Mafioso

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

((.....
    Guh.
    That is all I can say in response to that.
    Guh.
    And uh, yeah, next time he does something like that, you REALLY REALLY would need to post that. It kinda... well, I'm not going to lie, you're pretty much godmodding when you do something that big without giving a single explanation of post about it at all.))

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

((I didn't think it was godmodding at the time. I was attempting to be narrative, actually. I realize my mistake now though, and I apologize. It's hard to be narrative when each attack in a battle is a be-all end-all earth-shattering death blow, and you need to make a similar, universe-breakingly powerful maneuver to counter it.

How about this... Before I do something, I'll ask you OOC for a green light, and then if you agree to it, I'll post it in a narrative style and delete the OOC portion.

This is why I hate doing a hyper-powerful unstoppable-force-vs-immovable-object encounter.))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-09 at 11:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Edit: due to a misunderstanding, I'm going to state what has transpired here.

Gray, with the powers of a fairy stapled to a genie in the stomach of a unicorn, has used 'madj ick' to be able to move through the barrier. He has, however, created his own barrier for comic effect, (he's such a gosh-darn cheeky young'un) which he is pushing around to emphasize his tenacity like so many interpretive dancers.

Buh-BAM! Explainerated!
    ((There, that should help patch the holes up. Added it to the post where he started pushing the barrier around.))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-09 at 11:17 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

((My brain hurts.
    I'm going to give up on this for tonight...))

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

((Edited my explanation of Gray's maneuver too. Was, as they say, 'the crap'.

Shall we pick it up tomorrow then?))

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

((If I feel like I can use brain cells, yes))

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

((Good stuff.

So for tonight, I'll leave off with an appropriately inane saying.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you bottle.

Night!))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-09 at 11:25 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: ((Quickly! Rebuild the station while nobody is looking! Just kidding . Actually your posts on viral insertion into reality makes me want to expand my characters ability to manipulate and travel the realm of dreams (dreamscape). Possibly allowing for some stuff that only happens in your wildest dreams to occur (literally!).

EDIT: Of course you have to wonder, if we see in 3d and we observe stuff in books and on TV in 2d does that mean we have a higher order of reality or is your character on the same order of reality with same rules about changing it?))
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2007-10-09 at 11:36 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    OOC: ((Quickly! Rebuild the station while nobody is looking! Just kidding . Actually your posts on viral insertion into reality makes me want to expand my characters ability to manipulate and travel the realm of dreams (dreamscape). Possibly allowing for some stuff that only happens in your wildest dreams to occur (literally!).

EDIT: Of course you have to wonder, if we see in 3d and we observe stuff in books and on TV in 2d does that mean we have a higher order of reality or is your character on the same order of reality with same rules about changing it?))
    ((Basically, (and this is all my person version of the whole thing) separate 'existences' have similar builds, so to speak. A universe houses a certain number of dimensions, though the dimensions can bleed outside a universe. (as in, the concept of 2d can exist even where there isn't any reality to make use of it.) So an existence contains an infinite number of combinations of multiverses with overlapping dimensions.

Fate sort of works like RNA in a cell. There's a certain universal order, meaning the existence has to have some sort of sense of cohesion. The fate 'RNA' contains all probabilities, and makes perpetual contact with each living being's soul.

Each soul contains individual universal coding, and depending on how strong fate is in a particular existence, that coding may be affected when it makes contact with fate.

Like a bacteria cell, an existence makes regular sweeps of RNA testing to see if it matches up with the base codes in the DNA (the base makeup of the universe.) If there's a discrepancy, the existential 'cell' attempts to eliminate it, through a variety of means.

This is why it's hard for someone to poke into another existence.

Gray essentially punctures the existential barrier, inserts himself into the cell like a virus, and either attempts to avoid RNA sweeps completely, or makes a cover-niche for himself out of a fake coding of his own design, based off of probable niches the RNA would allow. In order to remain undetected, and in order to be able to exist outside and between existences, (people are part of their existential residence), he actually changed the makeup of his soul into something he calls an 'alter,' (which took him a looooooooong time, let me tell you). Essentially, he made a portable, self-sufficient existential pocket out of his soul, so he could maintain some form of being without having to be a part of another existential cell.

That being so, he can't really be in more than one place at a time.

He doesn't exist in the past or the future, and he contains only a very specific lineup of dimensions. This is partially because he can't, but also for a practical reason - he can more easily hide a singularity. He's sort of like a submarine making a silent run to avoid radar, to use an analogy. That's how he gets by.

Hope that answers your question.))
    Last edited by Woland; 2007-10-13 at 04:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: ((That makes me wonder what would happen to you if I manifested a successful Deja Vu power. It forces a previous sequence of fate onto an existing one and has the RNA check again. If this happened would the check find nothing and thus create an error causing antibodies to go after you or would the check find nothing and you would be unaffected by the power? I also assume you can't really use the time duplicate spell and if I manifested time regression I wouldn't find you there. Any comments on time hop? BTW: if there's one thing at least that psionics has over magic, its the manipulation of time.))
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.