New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: (IC) Lords of Creation: The Grateful and the Odious (LOC)

Tafeita: The Shattered Lands

Everything was on fire, and it was someone's fault.

The world had suffered many disasters before she was born, after she was born, and would suffer even more disaster when her divine spark faded and she ceased to be. They were simply something that happened, acts of gods and goddesses that were - and should be - outside of her control. She had come to peace with that. That did not make it any less frustrating when a wave of fire and hate greater than any other she'd yet to encounter blasted across the landscape and harmed the halflings and kobolds she were tending.

It was not as bad as it could be, truth be told. After all the little ones were familiar with earthquakes and elemental storms, and what was this but an exceptionally large one of them? It still resulted in many deaths and much suffering. She was tempted to help her peoples back to their feet. Yet had she not made her kobolds to help others, so she would not be needed? This would perhaps be their first great trial. She had faith that they were up for the task. More importantly as much as the kobolds could endure a fire in an open flame, a fire in a jungle was another matter entirely. Her Caldera could be damaged long before it came into its full purpose.

The Hearth Goddess was reluctant to part from her creations. Yet all children must leave their den eventually, and this was her kobold's time. And so with a flash of flame of her own Tafeita ceased to be here, and was instead there. In terms of damage her Caldera had been relatively unscathed. Despite her blessing having no effect the mountains themselves were still a barrier of stone, and much like a cliff blocks a wave of water so to did her mountains dampen the wave of flame. Much had slipped through cracks and crashed over the top however. Much of her jungle was burned and broken. It would return in time however. Indeed, many of the Penghou were already helping her plants grow once more, channeling the nourishing light of the tree of their birth.

Still as long as she was here she might as well see if any changes had been made in her absence. She needed rest, and her sanctuary seemed as good a place as any to do it. Strutting happily through the colorful trees groaning with magical fruit, enjoying the rather docile vagabonds that had enough plenty to become gluttonous and slothful, Tafeita sought a nice sunny spot to bask and nap. Then she came across the things. Small like halflings, green like slime and covered in blood. She watched in shocked horror as a gang of the abominations pounced upon a vagabond, beating it to incapacitation with clubs of bones before pulling out knives of stone and cutting it simply to watch it writhe in pain. With searing glare the creatures burned to dust before he gaze, but where there would be on there would be others. It seemed as though some opportunist had decided that since her Caldera was a safe place free of storms it would be a good place to spread their own small minded children, where they could bully the weak without fear of the strong.

No, this would not stand. She knew not where this creator was, but she knew she needed to find her. And so she did.

Bursting into existence, the small beast beheld a large green figure twenty fold times her own size, clad in the skins of beasts and bearing the brutish look of a pointless warmonger. "Greetings, sister," she spoke unto the new goddess, her teeth pulled back into a snarl as flames danced around her. "Care to explain why you have DEFILED my sanctuary?"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tenebreon in the Deep]

The walls were smooth and lined with alcoves, many empty but for the moss, some holding a corpse as well. And ever so often a shambling caretaker moved past the god.

It was quiet.

Most unusual of all, along the corridors none could have build, were the murals that could sometimes be found amid the alcoves. They depicted images not of this world, events that certainly could not have been, although ever so often a familiar castle, in ruins seen before in the surface would appear. But these could be artistic liberties, more interesting were the murals bearing words.

A Single Stone rose from the depths in a maelstrom of activity. I was there too, beneath it. Gave it a foundation to stand. Dreamers always forget those.

There was this rat, once. It seemed smart. It found a way into the halls and did not make much of a mess. It went off to another tunnel after eating some moss. There was a Book where it arrived. Sadly, rats have little use for books these days.

There was a fabulous seed in the eastern dirt. It grew tall and beautiful. But she is quite noisy. I thought plants were silent.

What would a fulling be? What are these lings half of? Is it a short joke? Gods.

It's painfully hot up there. On occasion.

There is peace in the center, as much as there can be. Peace ends. All things do. Then, they start again.

Fire in the depths. I must review it.

Coral. Like rocks, but alive. What a notion. And full of fish. Interesting creatures, equally at home in the sea and the sky. I have obtained many.

Where do angels go when they explode? I feel something beyond. It is familiar, crafted. Something for later.

Gold has very few uses, and yet it is a constant fixation. Well, it makes for exceptional decoration. I want some.

There is someone grinding gears here. I should check it.

Who are you, clockwork god? I am The Fortress of Moss. The name starts at the article.

None of these could have been carved recently. There is an age of disrepair over each.

[The First Dungeon]

Well, one could expect books and walls to not have much to say to each other, when you think carefully.

Maybe if we wait.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

Backbiter Tribe, The Caldera

"Ha, didya see tha look on his face when I splatted him?" The squat creature cackled and waved his club which was still coated in a bit of blood and gore. Some of the other goblins muttered acknowledgements of agreement.

This hunting party of goblins were just returning to the relatively safety of the jungle from a successful raid. There was only about a half-dozen of them left afterwards but the rest of the clan would be well supplied. They also had several Halflings and Kobolds with them, captives that would be taken back and sacrificed in the name of Janika in front of the entire tribe. They had already been traveling for a weeks time from one of the outlying Halfling Villages.

"You didna splat him that good." Loud-And-Annoying said with derision, making the first goblin stop in his tracks and bash him good. This started a tussle in front of the prisoners which soon involved all six goblins which allowed several of the loosely-tied captives to slip away. When all was said and done, Loud-And-Annoying lay dead and their number was down to five.

"Take that!" Clubs-When-Provoked shouted down at the corpse while the other goblins shook their heads with annoyance.

"We should move... captives ran away while you were an idiot." Faster-Than-The-Others said in a nasally voice and than whooped in fear as he easily scampered away from the other goblin's strike.

"Not see why we take them back. This is how I worship the Lord of Murder!" Clubs-When-Provoked exclaimed before randomly clubbing one of the Kobolds over and over.

"Well at least we not having Halfling again tonight."

That was when the Penghou showed up.

"Ahhh bad thing! Bad thing!"

"Being serene is so lame!"

"The calmness hurts us!"

The goblins scampered off in a group as the Penghou quickly reduced their number to four and they ran back the way they came, leaving the unfortunate goblin to his fate to buy them some time. A few escaped Kobolds had come back to free the rest of the Halflings before returning to the jungle with them. But the goblins still had a few Kobolds left to sacrifice, not to mention the rest of the loot. Now with fewer to split it with!

The little monsters and their captives ran into the nearest shelter they could spy. A ruin covered in moss and tangles of jungle. This looked safe enough so, after a moment of argument, they went inside the First Dungeon.

Janika the Neverfail, The Caldera

"What? Who-" Janika questioned in confusion, her elation at spreading a plague of plunderers across this fertile land had not yet abated. Then she looked down. "Sis..ter. You mean you are like me. Haha. You look more like prey to me." She leaned down to the little rabbit or whatever it was and smiled. "But it is cute that you came to bare those teeth anyway. I respect that. But this land no longer is yours because I stole it far and square just a moment ago and I do as I please with what is mine."
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-02-20 at 05:20 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Marah, Selina, A Single Stone
    Spoiler: Previously
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    Selima, Marah, A Single Stone

Shoving aside one of the robed figures, Selima moved to stand before the Water Goddess, the fierceness of her gaze emboldened by Marah's words, "Yes Sister...onward....together. For what are these things that you hold dear? Life, Love, and Beauty are but fleeting....fragile and ephemeral without strength of will...determination, resilience and perseverance."

Opening her hand to reveal both a turquoise cat's-eye gem and a beautiful diamond, "Know you that there are others like us sister. Know that they, as I, would name you friend and ally," sweeping her other hand around, gesturing at the basalt pillars, "in this place of oaths."

Marah takes the gem, turning over in her hand before pressing it to the coral band at her wrist. The coral grew quickly to surround and hold it in place. "When you gather them, you would be welcome among the Coral Forest. I have been away from my people for too long, and I fear for their safety with so much Chaos overtaking the world."

She turns to the Oracle-Avatar. "Thank you for your words, if only that they give me a clear picture of what to strive against. I will see that the Mer build a shrine to you, Speaker of Fate."

With that, Marah is gone, her physical form dissolving into water that quickly soaks into the soil below.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Solace of Theology

Life in the Thirty Tribes is brutal. Competition is almost bred into them, but then again, it has to be - just living in this world is dangerous enough - but to hunt, and to lead? To take what is owed? Complaining about slavery was, after all, just a complaint from the weak, and the lesson was that one always had to be strong. Always.

It is not easy. The constant vigilance to be strong. One day her husband did not return from a raiding party - only two survivors came back - they spoke of a Large creature - halfling shaped but larger - of unbreakable hide that was surrounded by an inferno that burned even the elemental storms from above. He was surely another God. She wept for what that mean for her husband? He was dead - he was weak - but they were all weak compared to the Gods, did that mean that they were all their slaves?

She ran from the other Goblins, not wanting to continue crying in front of them. She felt Shame, a new emotion, and thought that her weakness would spread to her many children, that they too would be weak like their mother and apparently their father. She just wanted them to survive. She came to her shelter and sat in silence trying to control her grief.

Eventually, two of her family's slaves returned from their drudgery in the fields - a kobold and a halfling, and they see their mistress holding in tears. Now, one would think they would use this moment of weakness against her, she certainly would've, but instead, they moved to console her - perhaps it was their natural empathy, or more cynically it was a ploy to invoke in her future empathy and kind treatment.

The halfling told her that her husband was with the Tree of Light surrounded by Angels made of flowers. She laughed and said that everyone knew that if one died from being weak one would find themselves underground an eternal slave of the Moss. The kobold denied this, there was no such hell, hell instead an endless desert reserved for those who did not want to work - dry and boring. The kobold wondered why would heaven be in the tree of light? It was clearly underground in the never-ending clockwork of the God of Gears. What could be better?

The goblin wife shook her head - these fools, they didn't even know the right gods! They didn't even know the right afterlife! Of course, they were slaves! Then she had a sudden thought, her husband was killed by a god she knew nothing about and perhaps these slaves would know better. She asked about the Walking Earthquake.

The kobold was confused, for of course, the Walking Fire was the husband of the Goblin Queen, the God of Slavery herself? The goblin laughed and told the kobold that the Neverfail would never allow herself to be tamed by a man! That was why goblin tribes were matriarchal - men were good for hunting and breeding and not much else. Women though, women were tough. No, the Goblin God would never take a husband - a lover perhaps - but no husband.

The halfling though told her that the Iron Prince was the son of the storm queen. The storm queen was once the sister of Ilianthos. The storm queen grew jealous of her sister's beauty and banished her from the City of Moss and turned her into a tree. The Lord of the City of Moss himself turned the evil sister into the storm. After years of trying the storm found itself unable to harm her perfect sister so she gave birth to the Iron Prince, the rage of the storm to walk upon the earth to kill his aunt, Ilianthos, where heaven resided.

The goblin mistress didn't believe a word of these two - after all, the halfling's city of moss sounded a lot like the hell of the slavery of moss. The halfling's heaven was in the flower surrounded by flowers. She'd seen the creatures that came falling down from the sky - either exploding into pollen and spores or walking in a confused manner with no purpose only to fly back up to their homes. They were like dumb birds, dumber - and they couldn't even be eaten (a goblin tried and was poisoned for its troubles), and couldn't even be made into slaves (they could fly and didn't seem to understand instructions or pain, they just stood there and allowed themselves to be beaten back into mushrooms). How could they be angels?

She sent the two slaves away, back to work, their attempts at appeasement and basic decency giving them no mercy. The goblin all alone again began to cry about her husband, only now she was confused - she had no clue which god was real or what hell was fact. She just knew that she was weak. And that was not what she tried to teach her children. The lesson was that one always had to be strong. Always.

She dried her tears and left the shelter. The work of sorting the plunder did not rest.
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2019-02-20 at 07:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Selima

Turning back to The Gloam, she bowed low, "You have my sincerest apologies for my rudeness but there are certain....theatrics necessitated by timing." With an enigmatic smile, "I too thank you Oracle, for reasons not all together different than those of my sister. Now I must be away." A whirlwind of sand swept through the basalt pillars and she was gone.

Selima, Tafeita, Janika

The great desert lynx strode out of the trees, lean and supple, easily five times the size of any real caracal. Stalking forward with untold purpose, it plopped itself down on its haunches next to Tafeita and purred at the green goddess, "The right of might relies heavily upon one's measure of might, unless of course one....alone...can, in fact, be the mightiest."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-02-20 at 07:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nasigune

Again she felt a prescence creeping in. It was as if the walls themselves were staring. Glaring. She forced her will out toward the walls and tried to project a thought. Just to be safe she displayed the same thought on her pages. "Who are you? I am but a book. No power and no threat. I have little to offer you." She waited for a reply but felt another prescence enter her dungeon. A small army of creatures and she feared she had made a mistake.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

[Nasigune and Moss]

At last, speech. Or thoughts and writing. Works all the same. Nasigune was answered in kind on the walls.

I am but a ruin. You have been living in me for awhile now, little book. I was curious then when you made me sink and filled me with traps. That rat's coming was a fortuitous accident then, you won't have much luck finding readers if you hide like this.

The presence shifts towards the entrance before returning to the dungeon's heart.

Goblins coming from the Caldera. Quite harmless. But illiterate. All of them are, really. It is a good time, one of beginnings. Clueless, they tell interesting tales, and give us a slew of titles and epithets. I am fond of these.

Let it not be said that The Fortress of Moss does not play along.
    Last edited by Draken; 2019-02-20 at 08:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Tenebreon: Surrounded by Ruin

Tenebreon brushed one hand against the carvings. Old yet current, ancient beyond measure, yet asking him a question. A paradox. He needed to know how. He did not speak, instead he called forth water from nearby, focusing it into a thin, forceful jet. He carved his answer into the stone below the question in a steady, precise hand. "I am Tenebreon, master of mechanisms, crafter of caverns, and sculptor of speleotherms. What is your purpose?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #100

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Who? View Post
    Janika the Neverfail, The Caldera

"What? Who-" Janika questioned in confusion, her elation at spreading a plague of plunderers across this fertile land had not yet abated. Then she looked down. "Sis..ter. You mean you are like me. Haha. You look more like prey to me." She leaned down to the little rabbit or whatever it was and smiled. "But it is cute that you came to bare those teeth anyway. I respect that. But this land no longer is yours because I stole it far and square just a moment ago and I do as I please with what is mine."

Tafeita: Goblin Country

Tafeita's fur bristled, then ignited. She dared? SHE DARED! How dare this-

Calm. Calm. Taking a deep breath, the Hearth Goddess released it, the flames surrounding her dying as she glared up at the inconveniently tall war divinity. Anger was the path to many things best left alone. Besides, the easiest way to lose to an idiot was to be dragged down to their level, then beaten by their experience.

"Theft?" Tafeita asked with a gasp, her voice dripping with mock sympathy. "I'm so sorry! If I knew you lacked the power, the intelligence and the sense to simply create your own land I would have prepared something for you! For as the mother bird must prechew their food for their bald, ugly, fat chick, so too must our elder gods take care of our lessers. To resort to theft though? You not only lack the talent to create, you lack the common sense to ask for help! Or perhaps you were afraid that we would not help you due to your form! I can assure you I love all children, no matter how much they throw a tantrum, how badly they smell or how ugly they look! I would have gladly assisted you in finding your boots- I mean, making a land for your own project. Which is very impressive for a child!" the beast nodded earnestly. "Truly! When my kobolds are young they're limited to spittle covered dirt crudely shaped. Yet your projects move! That's a huge step up! In that one aspect, at least."

Spoiler
    Show
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]
    Selima, Tafeita, Janika

The great desert lynx strode out of the trees, lean and supple, easily five times the size of any real caracal. Stalking forward with untold purpose, it plopped itself down on its haunches next to Tafeita and purred at the green goddess, "The right of might relies heavily upon one's measure of might, unless of course one....alone...can, in fact, be the mightiest."

Tafeita blinked in surprise. Another sister? That was unexpected to say the least. Still she was nominally on her side it seemed. Considering how much she had put into her kobolds she might need the help if the brute turned violent.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Nemesis

The First Land buckling behind him, Nemesis departed the realms of stranger gods, returning to Karam-Kor at a leisurely pace. Many souls had been extinguished in his quest for answers, and he had much to ponder until, finally, he emerged onto the black beaches of his home. Striding across the blasted plains, he frowned in irritation as he saw his Giants wandering blindly. Deaf to language and lacking prey to sustain their mighty forms, they had grown unruly and desperate in his absence. Their foolishness was an insult to his generosity, and several of his children perished in the flame of his ire. But Nemesis would not abandon his people - they simply required further guidance.

Climbing the precipitous face of his mountain of power, Nemesis at last beheld the lake of magma at its heart. It solidified at his footfalls as he made his way to its center, shining hands upraised in the hellish light. Invisible currents tugged at the liquid metal and stone, pulling it into a whirlpool that grew in speed and ferocity until Nemesis himself was almost lost in the storm. He clapped his hands together, and as one the tempest collapsed in upon itself, squealing its protestations as it came together in a mammoth pillar floating atop the magma’s surface. Smooth as glass, its sides bore the whirls and eddies of chaotic fundament, but the plane at its peak was smooth and flat as a mirror. It was his anvil, and as he raised one hand above it fire flowed into a hammer in his grip.

The first blow sent a tornado of embers whirling into the air, clashing and commingling with the ash clouds above to fall upon the plains like bright rain. But in place of fire, wherever these embers touched life sprang into being. Expanses of bone-white ghost grass ran into tangled forests of black pine, fed by rivers running red with the bounty of the earth. At the base of his mountain, in the crater where he had fashioned his Giants, a vast lake sprang into being, its surface a fitting mirror for the glory of Karam-Kor above. The land shuddered, and from the soil emerged great beasts, large and powerful enough to serve his people when they had the will and knowledge to tame them. His Giants fell upon the first of these aurochs in ravenous hunger, crying wordless praises to their creator as they at last knew a reprieve from hunger.

Nemesis paused over his Anvil, and smiled at his greatness. Yet for all his generosity, he intended far more. Hammer struck anvil once again, this time unleashing a pure and biting peal that echoed across the northlands. As his Giants heard it, they cried out in fear, as the echo rang to their very cores, suffusing them with terrible clarity. The loose horde that had dispersed across the island began to gather at their birthplace, collapsing to their knees as Nemesis descended from on high.

”You are my people, and this your land. Make of it a home worthy of my glory, and you shall be masters in my name!”

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Free AP: 9
    Spent AP: 7

5 AP - Create Greater Artifact, The Anvil of Creation (Utility: Create Major Artifact) (Craft (Metalworking))

1 AP - Bless (Karam-Kor) (Life (Giants))

1 AP - Create Basic Concept (Metalsmithing) (Craft (Metalworking))

2 AP - Form Society (Akkraul, The First City) (Life (Giants))
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2019-02-21 at 05:04 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tenebreon: Surrounded by Ruin

Tenebreon brushed one hand against the carvings. Old yet current, ancient beyond measure, yet asking him a question. A paradox. He needed to know how. He did not speak, instead he called forth water from nearby, focusing it into a thin, forceful jet. He carved his answer into the stone below the question in a steady, precise hand. "I am Tenebreon, master of mechanisms, crafter of caverns, and sculptor of speleotherms. What is your purpose?"
    There is a brief quake after the carving is done. And a blank wall colapses to reveal a large chamber with another mural.

Stone regrets. Stone forgets.
    I remember.

I am what was. I am what is.
    Stone's what will be.

We are old and wise. Trust us.
    As rocks, we lie. Don't believe us.

Stone was the first, the dreamer.
    I will be the last, the curator.

The walls of the chamber glow with the light of moss. More alcoves in this room, some filled. There is another exit. And a few caretakers along the walls, going about their business.
    Last edited by Draken; 2019-02-20 at 10:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Last Week
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [Nasigune and Moss]

At last, speech. Or thoughts and writing. Works all the same. Nasigune was answered in kind on the walls.

I am but a ruin. You have been living in me for awhile now, little book. I was curious then when you made me sink and filled me with traps. That rat's coming was a fortuitous accident then, you won't have much luck finding readers if you hide like this.

The presence shifts towards the entrance before returning to the dungeon's heart.

Goblins coming from the Caldera. Quite harmless. But illiterate. All of them are, really. It is a good time, one of beginnings. Clueless, they tell interesting tales, and give us a slew of titles and epithets. I am fond of these.

Let it not be said that The Fortress of Moss does not play along.

Nasigune

The goblins, as she now knew they were called, were moving progressively closer. Few had fallen to traps and they were slaying the few monsters and beasts that had managed to appear since the creation of the dungeon.

"Those who seek my secrets shall earn them. Those who seek my power will earn it. If these goblins arrive in my chamber, it matters not if they can read. I shall show them their options and they will do as I bid. As for you. I seek no harm to you, only safety for me. If you wish me gone, I ask only you let me finish my tasks here and I shall leave."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Selima - Uncharted Territory

A whirlwind of sand spun across the unknown lands far to the south of the First Lands, out of which stepped the desert goddess. Spinning she threw out one hand raising up a string of mountains that divided the continent, while casting an open palm across the nearer lands leaching the lands, seas and air creating a savanna beneath her feet and a desert to the south and east where a great hooked peninsula formed a massive inland bay. With a smile she hurled the moisture and fertility that she had gathered and hurled them over the mountains where a great temperate forest instantly took root.

Strolling across the savanna she found the place where it yield completely to the desert, knelt, gathered a handful of sand and flung it into the air. The individual grains of sand danced upon the golden rays of the Dawnfly, multiplied and coalesced to form a tall, lithe female creature covered in tawny fur, a tail, turquoise feline eyes and disproportionately tall tuft ears. Selima raised her fingers to her lips then touched the figures lips granting it life. Taking the awakened being by the pawlike hand she led her into the desert, bent, plunged her hand into the sand and pulled out a male counterpart. Placing his hand in hers, the goddess beamed beatifically upon the two, faded and blew away in the desert sands with a tinkling of laughter.

Spoiler: AP Accounting
    Show
    Beginning AP = 8AP +1 Bonus AP
    Alter Land (1AP) - CATAN: The Western Forest, the Dividing Range, and the Opal Desert.
    Create Sapient Life (2AP) - Caracan: a race of caracal humanoids(catfolk). The caracan are perfectly suited for life both on the savannas and deserts of the First World. Females typically stand just over five feet tall and weigh just over a hundred pounds; their male counterparts typically approach six feet tall and weigh just over 150 to 170 pounds. While certainly not the strongest of races, the caracan are extraordinarily dexterous and exceptionally fast(over short distances). Caracan live on average 70 to 90 years. They've a strong sense of smell, are night-sighted, and make exceptional hunters, preferring to attack with their natural weapons(claws and bite).
    Spoiler: Artwork
    Show

Ending AP: 8AP - 2AP -1AP = 5AP + 1 Bonus AP
    Light(Dawn) 8/10
    Life(Caracan) 3/10
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-03-03 at 05:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rhah Engulia: The Ocean

Unbeknownst to anyone, save for perhaps certain elder beings with nothing better to do and a few schools of fish, there lives a god on a mountain underneath the ocean. Far from any island or glowey tree, the only light to be found down here was that of the bioluminecent coral reefs that dotted the mountainside, as well as over a thousand colorful gems caught within their tentacles, their pale light adding to the reef's and illuminating the dozens of dead fish that littered the place. At the top of the mountain sits an emormous pile of gut-coated gems, and at it's center, a small eel, hovering slightly above it's nest as it nuzzled the last peice of Looloodite into place. With a pleasent shreik, the eel span around twice before lying down, bathing in the light of it's hoard...

And then the earthquake started.

If the eel had eyelids, they would have burst open as the first gem fel upon it's snout, then a second, then a fourth, a ninth--the eel quickly bolts from it's bed, it's head twitching about so that it might spy every angle of the catastrophie. From behind a curtain of bubbles and darkness came a second mountain, falling into the first much like a tired man falls into bed, if both the man and the bed were made of glass. Although the onlooking eel was not particuarly intelligent compared to the average sea-dwelling beast, it would be wrong to assume that it did not feel something akin to sadness or shame, as it screeched at the avalanche of rock, gem shards and coral bits that drifted down to the ocean floor. In a moment, it was all dust, and in another: darkness.

For a long time, the eel did nothing but stare into the abyss, it's form barely moving against the tides of the ocean. And then, at the edge of it's vision, light.

The eel tilts it's head, watching.

Time passes. The light grows brighter.

The eel watches. Time passes. The light grows brighter still

The eel watches. Time passes.

The light dims.

At the speed of want, the eel bursts up out of the ocean, surpassing the height of several mountains stacked on top of each other in but a few seconds. As it does so, it's skin begins to shine with a pale light not unlike the light that shined from within it's dozens of precious stones, now shattered and broken far below it. Rippling through the wind, it's fins light up reddish brown, and flashes of yellow flicker out from between it's scales--no, not scales, plates. Ablaze with gold, silver and copper, the eel lets out one last cry, it's scream intensifying as an overpowering whitness pours from it's mouth before becoming lost in the burning flesh of it's victim.

The Dawnfly, barely noticing this, continues it's treck across the skies toward it's destination as a tiny deity dangles from it's abdomen.

Spoiler: Bookkeeping
    Show

Rhah Engulia
    Domains: Hunger (Light), Transmutation (Precious Metals)
    Free AP: 15/16
    Spent AP: 1

(- 1 AP) Blessing: Silverwind. A weather effect that happens rarely and at random, but is most likely to occur just after a storm hits. A mix of precious metals, predominantly silver, will blow through the area in the form of dust. This can happen anywhere on the first world as long as there is light and an open sky. [Undecided]
    Last edited by SpeedWitch; 2019-02-22 at 02:43 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post

Tafeita: Goblin Country

Tafeita's fur bristled, then ignited. She dared? SHE DARED! How dare this-

Calm. Calm. Taking a deep breath, the Hearth Goddess released it, the flames surrounding her dying as she glared up at the inconveniently tall war divinity. Anger was the path to many things best left alone. Besides, the easiest way to lose to an idiot was to be dragged down to their level, then beaten by their experience.

"Theft?" Tafeita asked with a gasp, her voice dripping with mock sympathy. "I'm so sorry! If I knew you lacked the power, the intelligence and the sense to simply create your own land I would have prepared something for you! For as the mother bird must prechew their food for their bald, ugly, fat chick, so too must our elder gods take care of our lessers. To resort to theft though? You not only lack the talent to create, you lack the common sense to ask for help! Or perhaps you were afraid that we would not help you due to your form! I can assure you I love all children, no matter how much they throw a tantrum, how badly they smell or how ugly they look! I would have gladly assisted you in finding your boots- I mean, making a land for your own project. Which is very impressive for a child!" the beast nodded earnestly. "Truly! When my kobolds are young they're limited to spittle covered dirt crudely shaped. Yet your projects move! That's a huge step up! In that one aspect, at least."

Caerox, Tafeita, Janika

The Horn of Valor echoes over hill and plains as Caerox manifests, his essence drawn to the conflict as sure as a moth to flame. "The Beast has claws!" Caerox roars, his spectral form shaking with laughter "And the bark to match I might add!" he finishes, his tone growing more serious, if only so slightly "Only the most foolish of hunters stands between a mother and her cub"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Janika the Neverfail, Cant Stop Goblin Country

Janika watched the creature down below smugly. She took a small pleasure in that mystical hedgehog’s distress for a moment.

Then Janika’s nostrils flared and a red flush emblazoned her cheeks. What flame trick was this? A feeling of.. shame?

You little vermin!” The goddess of war shouted before gripping her hand tightly into a fist. “I had a land, and it lay shattered all around us! That blasted earthquake be damned. I was forced to improvise. Luckily it was a simple matter to relocate since you weren’t here.” A big green vein on her head started to throb with menacingly. “You had best watch that tone! Maybe I’ll decide I want to taste what a sister-god is like. You’ll make a fine pouch when I’m done.” She continued to glare. “My spawn are the strongest. If mortals are weak to defend themselves don’t cry to me about it. Maybe you should have made them stronger.

Another sister? This one also looking for a place on my body. Janika sneered at this new cat. She could turn into a cat if she wanted to. So maybe you aren’t so cool. Even so, the war goddess was quite enamored with this new one. Selima was strong and beautiful, predator not prey, and the Lord of Murder dropped intro a more battle ready stance out of reflex.

You are in luck. You have found, in fact, the mightiest. Gladly I’ll prove it if you want to fight me. Both of you.

Backbiter Tribe, First Dungeon, Goblin Country

“Smash you!!” Clubs-When-Provoked eloquenty stated as he, indeed, smashed a monster of the dungeon. After the initial traps they’d managed to press further into the dungeon by persuading their kobold slaves to go first. But now they were running out of slaves.

“I say next time we use Faster-Than-The-Ack!” Clubs-When-Provoked exclaimed with surprise as he was tackled by one of the Kobolds that broke free of his loose bindings and went berserk. The feisty kobold wrestled the stocky goblin’s club away from him and bashed him good then rounded on the others who were whooping in panic and excitement.

Faster-Than-The-Others pulled out his stone dagger and rushed the kobold before giving him a few quick jabs in the ribs narrowly avoiding getting creamed by the revenge swing of his club. Warts-All-Over charged in like a madman and tackled the dogman.

Unfortunately they both triggered a spike trap and went falling to their death.

“Ah jeez.”

“Little.. you know. He got me. I ain’ even mad.” Clubs-When-Provoked muttered as he crawled back up on his feet. His head had a big gash where he was clubbed but otherwise seemed fine. The stocky goblin scratched his new wound and picked up his discarded club. Now they only numbered three goblins and two kobolds.

The way was clear again. They pressed on.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Nasigune

Nasigune continued to track the goblins through her dungeon. As they got closer, she began to prepare her chamber. She began drawing diagrams and symbols on the floor with her power.

She didn't know if they would understand but she decided to forced out her instructions to supplement her written instructions and pictures. "Come. If you can make it to my chamber, power will be yours. As I grow you will grow. But first I need a worthy sacrifice. A sacrifice of soul and blood."

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Starting AP: 8
    Create Mythic Concept: Blood Ritual Magic- the use of blood, sacrifice, and other ceremonial actions and imagery to create powerful magic effects. Difficult to master due to the precision required. - Undeath (Vampires) 4/10

4AP remaining.
    Last edited by GSisco; 2019-02-22 at 11:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Tenebreon and the Fortress of Moss

Tenebreon carves again, "You are an archivist
    No, an archive.
    This I understand.
    You collect and safeguard knowledge for those who come later.
    So they may read what was and learn from it.

He looks down the exit passage to see where it leads.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #110

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BaratheonFury View Post

Caerox, Tafeita, Janika

The Horn of Valor echoes over hill and plains as Caerox manifests, his essence drawn to the conflict as sure as a moth to flame. "The Beast has claws!" Caerox roars, his spectral form shaking with laughter "And the bark to match I might add!" he finishes, his tone growing more serious, if only so slightly "Only the most foolish of hunters stands between a mother and her cub"
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Who? View Post
    Janika the Neverfail, Cant Stop Goblin Country

Janika watched the creature down below smugly. She took a small pleasure in that mystical hedgehog’s distress for a moment.

Then Janika’s nostrils flared and a red flush emblazoned her cheeks. What flame trick was this? A feeling of.. shame?

You little vermin!” The goddess of war shouted before gripping her hand tightly into a fist. “I had a land, and it lay shattered all around us! That blasted earthquake be damned. I was forced to improvise. Luckily it was a simple matter to relocate since you weren’t here.” A big green vein on her head started to throb with menacingly. “You had best watch that tone! Maybe I’ll decide I want to taste what a sister-god is like. You’ll make a fine pouch when I’m done.” She continued to glare. “My spawn are the strongest. If mortals are weak to defend themselves don’t cry to me about it. Maybe you should have made them stronger.

Another sister? This one also looking for a place on my body. Janika sneered at this new cat. She could turn into a cat if she wanted to. So maybe you aren’t so cool. Even so, the war goddess was quite enamored with this new one. Selima was strong and beautiful, predator not prey, and the Lord of Murder dropped intro a more battle ready stance out of reflex.

You are in luck. You have found, in fact, the mightiest. Gladly I’ll prove it if you want to fight me. Both of you.

Tafeita: Goblin Lands

The small orange beast looked up at the giant green goddess. For a moment she merely stared at the warrior, her thoughts churning in her head. Then, she spoke. "No."

She let the word hang for a moment, before she decided that unpleasant or not the goddess was still her younger sister. She had an obligation to educate her. "While a fight can have a winner and loser, to fight at all is a loss in itself. To strike another is not a show of force, or a challenge, but a sign of weakness. It proves you have nothing of worth to give to them to make them happy. It proves you have no words of wit sharp enough to dissuade them. It proves you have no way to make your own path and must instead force another to take their own.

"Upon having your lands shattered your first response was to surrender them. To merely let them be and go elsewhere. Because otherwise, it would be too hard. My first response was to head out to them and spread my children to make them better. Granted much of them are also still here, on this core of land," she admitted. "But that is a choice of convenience, not lack, and the isolated broken apart by those Shattered Lands were my first priority. What does it say of your bravery, that your first reaction was to run, while mine was to advance?"

The beast sighed. "Honestly a part of me just wants to let you HAVE this thrice cursed place. But that in itself would be a surrender. I put much of my heart and love into it after all. Giving it to one who fails so hard to appreciate it would be a betrayal of it. So instead I will merely say this." Tafeita's eyes burned as she looked up at the war goddess. "This land WILL be for my people. They will take it with their own hands, without my aid, because they will become stronger than your goblins could ever even imagine. And they will do it not by enslaving others, or stealing strength. They will do it because they will grow, and change, and obtain the love of others."

The flames faded, and the small beast turned her scorn to her audience. "And you two, you shouldn't be encouraging this. I appreciate that you're on my side, but fighting is never the answer. You seem nice at least. Tafeita is my name, by the by. Ah, I don't even know yours yet come to think of it," the Hearth Goddess admits, her gaze returning to the green one. "Mostly because you sort of started ranting when I asked for it, but still. A little rude on my part."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Sololond and the Big Orange God

"Well, since we are doing introduction, I am Sololond. Now if you think I go around fighting others for the sake of it, then you are wrong. This great green giant wanted a fight, and, as a friend, I tried to oblige. Sadly, due to my intangibility we could not come to blows and it seems they have vented that energy elsewhere. Now it seems that you and the bone-wearer are quite opposed to the idea of each other, but i hope that does not stop you from becoming friends with me. Now I hope this is not too forward, but may I touch you fantastically fluffy fur?"

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

Marah: Destruction and Loss

She stood at the site, and Marah was overcome with sorrow. Her people had grown and changed and become greater in her absence, and she was joyous, but she could not feel that through the pain. Marah stared into the crater that had once been a thriving village. There was nothing left, a crater of stone and sand, already being filled in by time and tide. Marah could feel the suffering, the fear, the loss - she was the Ocean and the Ocean was her, and these were her people.

The Oracle had been right - fire and death had come to her people and she had not been there to stop it. Someone would suffer for this act. For the first time, Marah felt it, the call to destruction, the wrath of the Sea made manifest. Still, she was not so far gone, not yet. A crash of the storm-wrought seas above, and she was gone.

Marah: Justice, by Law or Sword

The Hall of Titans was not familiar to Marah, but she had seen its creation from afar, knew its creators divine purpose. She crashes to the ground in the Hall, a ripple of divine power radiating outwards. "I demand satisfaction from the Lord of this Place." She calls out, her voice as deep and deadly as the Abyss from which she hails. "You claim to settle the disputes of gods. Then I will have Justice for my people, or I will lay waste to His in recompense."
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2019-02-21 at 04:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Birds and Hagfish

Connections were meant to be forged and glued and subsequently torn apart - the glue at the seems ripping along the edge, forcing a slight unevenness. What was once connected would never truly let go, potentially it will feel the loss of its missed connection, a slow grind of personality as it scratches the itch of what was once. The hag smiles with its fish mouth made with no jaw, its pinkish leathery skin wrinkling. Tit for tat, her slime had led to a connection in heaven, her storm should rend one on earth.

But here was an opportunity, another connection - a storm could be more than the battering of elements. It could be words. And so she speaks, for the first time, and it would not be a surprise to any future worshipers that her first words were a lie for no purpose other than wreckage. But entirely a lie lies mixed in with truth, and empty articles, such that if you would map the sentences they would appear as a tempest. She speaks, the lack of bones giving her a drawl, the slime that covered her providing a thin film that burped occasionally as the air left her windpipe.

Well met Lord of the Stars. And no need to . . . brrlplop (the slime catching the air, turning into a small bubble and poping) . . . thank me - I merely came to observe. I have come from the ocean and the clouds and just wanted to see how my light touches would work. Isn't . . . brrlplop . . . it interesting to see that when a fish flicks its tail in the ocean a tsunami covers the land far away from him? These little actions that build and build and then break. From my clouds, I see much of the land below and I've seen some such small action that in my peerage I sense the premonition that could endanger your works. I've . . brrlplop . . . seen two goddesses of beauty, one of the light of the world and one of its safe houses, meeting. They are no doubt innocent beings, but even innocence could lead to actions and into other actions and eventually the divine city breaks. If you would save the angels and everything you worked for then you would see to it that those . . brrlplop . . . two grow to hate or fear one another.

Birds and Hagfish

Her false prophecy and fraudulent warning given, the Intimate Upheaval did not wait for a reply. What was said was said and in order to remain interesting, the chain of events goes one way. To go backward would mean second chances and second chances mean that relationships could be repaired or meetings that should never have occurred avoided. There was nothing enjoyable about that.

And so as she was about to bid the bird god goodbye and good luck - to leave it with the meat of her words to chew over she heard the call for justice that the bird god surely felt as well. It was after all in its heaven, and while not invested in the mechanics of heaven despite how her scum born angels have found their niche here, she was interested in the meetings that would happen and felt that she needed to gum them up with her slime as it happens. And so she spoke to the bird god

Already you have calls for justice. I do not know if they stem from my warning . . brrlplop . . . towards you, even I do not know how a ripple in a pond would lead to a wave in the sea, but let us . . brrlplop . . . see . . .

And so she swam towards the Hall of Titans in a stream of muck and mire, sure that the Bird God would follow her home.

Spoiler: Marah pleads for Justice
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post

The Hall of Titans was not familiar to Marah, but she had seen its creation from afar, knew its creators divine purpose. She crashes to the ground in the Hall, a ripple of divine power radiating outwards. "I demand satisfaction from the Lord of this Place." She calls out, her voice as deep and deadly as the Abyss from which she hails. "You claim to settle the disputes of gods. Then I will have Justice for my people, or I will lay waste to His in recompense."

She arrives at the Hall with its many pillars of many materials - they seemed to have grown to represent each of the Gods. Surely more would be erected and surely some pillars would fall. There was a Pillar of Light, a Pillar of Fire, a Pillar of Stone, of Moss, of Slime, of Salt, of Metal, of Gold, of Nothing itself. There were twenty pillars in total. There were no thrones, just a large space encircled by these pillars, a place of equals meeting, the dome overhead - crystal clear showing the void beyond - held up, only through the Gods' shared existence.

In the center of the room was a furious goddess. She appeared as water given shape - not water stuck in place as if Eniym had swum over her - the water was not stuck but instead moved within its own boundaries She wore a necklace made of bioluminescent coral. Eniym did not view it with nostalgia, she instead just saw it as an oppening.

She swam through the air which grew heavy to resemble the ocean water in which she was born, it being drawn together in such languidty through one of Eniym's aspects. She greeted the other goddess.

Ah, I see you are the new . . brrlplop . . . mistress of my Coral. I hope it has endured and grown under your care.

Spoiler: Flavor
    Show
    Decided to give the Hall of Titans some flavor - ElFi, let me know if you want me to spend AP on this in any way or if this description is fine.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Looloodi: The Ocean, approaching Karam-Kor

In the distance, a boiling mountain with rivers of red cascading down its side sits upon a desolate and destroyed plain. Such a pathetic and disgusting place. And yet, upon its shores is where a supposed beauty that rivals her own sits. Looloodi feels disgusted, with herself and with whatever she feels coming from this blackened place. No true beauty could be born in such a horrendous local, and not be compelled to change it to something more pleasing immediately. This has been a waste of time. She should just turn back and find her sisters, who knows what....

A sudden change.....an explosion of ash and flame. Fire rains down upon this wretched land. But instead of destruction, the flames appear to create, as if they were burning away an ugly mask in order to reveal......well, she wouldn't call it stunning but it is certainly a great step in the right direction.

Encouraged by this new development, Looloodi proceeds forward. As she begins to clearly see the coastline, she spies a figure laying in the sand. She stops where she is, a sudden burst of the compulsion she felt overtaking her, before slowly slipping away......whoever that is lying on the beach, is the one she sought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Selima, Tafeita, Janika, Sololond

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis Dread View Post

Show

The flames faded, and the small beast turned her scorn to her audience. "And you two, you shouldn't be encouraging this. I appreciate that you're on my side, but fighting is never the answer. You seem nice at least. Tafeita is my name, by the by. Ah, I don't even know yours yet come to think of it," the Hearth Goddess admits, her gaze returning to the green one. "Mostly because you sort of started ranting when I asked for it, but still. A little rude on my part."

The great cat stood, stretched languidly then paced slowly around the assemblage of gods and goddesses. In a purely dispassionate feminine voice, "I am Selima, the Sand Maiden."

Pausing momentarily the enormous caracal inclined its head to Sololond and Tafeita, "You honor me with your names, a gesture I return freely." Approaching Tafeita, with her fierce gaze locked upon the goddess, "I recognize your restraint, and honor it as the demonstration of strength that it is sister."

Seating herself once again at Tafeita's side, Selima looks at Janika, "Know you, though, that certain others can not and will not see it for what it is. No, there will always be those that see your restraint as weakness. Worse still, to people like that, any weakness is a provocation...a call to...attack. No, you mistake me sister, I did not come to encourage a fight....no, I came to stand beside you because I see in you a kindred spirit. Know you now that if a fight comes, I will fight beside you, but if my presence in some small way deters such a fight....all the better I suppose. Alas, though, the decision is not entirely ours to make. I will not encourage nor instigate a fight, but I will see it through if a fight there is to be."
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2019-02-21 at 06:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tenebreon]

The corridors continue, lined with murals.

That's one way to put it.

And you can talk if you prefer, I cannot speak, but I can listen.

The corridor opens briefly into a larger cave, filled with a foul-smelling pitch in which ancient bones linger, a number of mossy, stone bridges giving passage over the hot sludge, and caretakers shuffling about as ever.

What about you? I have been hearing your gears at work and your name in the kobold's prayers, but mortal legend is none too full of truth. Take that left and you will find the raunchiest tale one of their tribes tells between you and their maker.

Dare Tenebreon take that left?

[Nasigune]

The walls have scant few ways of showing surprise.

Oh me, no. Feel free to stay as long as you like. Forever, even. What is a fortress with nothing to defend. A dwelling with nobody to live in. A yard with no graves. A store with no goods. You will do what you do, and I will move on. It is a big world, and I have much to catalogue.

But do allow me the pleasure of watching you work. I will be quiet, and happy to oblige if you want advice.

And with that, the writing fades, but the moss remains.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Backbiter Tribe, Goblin Country, First Dungeon

“Oh dear Janika make me strong.” Clubs-When-Provoked said with a tremor in his voice as he clutched his club to him. “Ya heard that?”

“Aye.” Faster-Than-The-Others agreed from a step ahead. It had been a difficult journey but it looked like they were reaching the final chamber.

“Why didne’ we just go back huh? Stupid!” Sleeps-Past-Sunrise said with annoyance. She tugged along both the remaining Kobold slaves now that Warts-All-Over was dead.

“You stupid!”

“We all migtne be stupid!”

“So who we gonna pick huh?”

“Urrr...”

The goblins jittered amongst themselves and soon each one was holding a weapon. “You da sacrifice!” Clubs-When-Provoked declared before gesturing wildly.

The two kobolds, longsince Boggarts, watched in awe as the goblins spilled each other blood upon reaching the final chamber.
    Last edited by Deja Who?; 2019-02-21 at 06:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LordArgon View Post
    Sololond and the Big Orange God

"Well, since we are doing introduction, I am Sololond. Now if you think I go around fighting others for the sake of it, then you are wrong. This great green giant wanted a fight, and, as a friend, I tried to oblige. Sadly, due to my intangibility we could not come to blows and it seems they have vented that energy elsewhere. Now it seems that you and the bone-wearer are quite opposed to the idea of each other, but i hope that does not stop you from becoming friends with me. Now I hope this is not too forward, but may I touch you fantastically fluffy fur?"

The Hearth Goddess blinked dumbly for a few moments, before shrugging. "Sure, go ahead. And I won't judge you for your taste in friends, must as I might disagree with it." She doubted Sololond would be quite as invasive with her petting as the plant goddess, and she hadn't minded it then. She'd give what little comfort she could where she could give.

Spoiler
    Show
    Selima, Tafeita, Janika, Sololond

The great cat stood, stretched languidly then paced slowly around the assemblage of gods and goddesses. In a purely dispassionate feminine voice, "I am Selima, the Sand Maiden."

Pausing momentarily the enormous caracal inclined its head to Sololond and Tafeita, "You honor me with your names, a gesture I return freely." Approaching Tafeita, with her fierce gaze locked upon the goddess, "I recognize your restraint, and honor it as the demonstration of strength that it is sister."

Seating herself once again at Tafeita's side, Selima looks at Janika, "Know you, though, that certain others can not and will not see it for what it is. No, there will always be those that see your restraint as weakness. Worse still, to people like that, any weakness is a provocation...a call to...attack. No, you mistake me sister, I did not come to encourage a fight....no, I came to stand beside you because I see in you a kindred spirit. Know you now that if a fight comes, I will fight beside you, but if my presence in some small way deters such a fight....all the better I suppose. Alas, though, the decision is not entirely ours to make. I will not encourage nor instigate a fight, but I will see it through if a fight there is to be."

"Frankly I would rather have you let me be beaten then indulge in a senseless battle. I know enough to realize I'm odd in that regards however," Tafeita chuckled. This new sister seemed to be of good character at least. "Still I appreciate your offer."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chryon and the Dawnflies

Chryon felt a ripple in their reality. They had focused on watching the world for so long, that they had missed much of what had been happening around them. Their gaze shifted away from the world and soon found a new focus. These are creatures of truly great making and purpose. What Chryon had accidentally created, these creatures made manifest. Days and nights were now dictated by dawnflies and not the wavering observation of a deity.

Chryon felt there was something missing from these creatures. True, they did live lives full of purpose and they were aware of their own existence. But there was a lack of knowledge in their mythical lives. Each one would live solitarily and die just as the next would begin its own trek above the world. And as Chryon watched the first one complete their life's work, Chryon suddenly knew what was missing.

Chryon rushed to the next dawnfly as it began it's migration and gave the creature their gaze. The deific energies of Chryon's gift rippled through the protective powers surrounding the creature. The harshness of the gaze was stripped away as it finally found its way into the creature. What was left was only the idea, the thought, the desire to observe.

Spoiler: AP Usage
    Show

Starting
    AP: 6
    PAP: 0

Create Mythical Life (4 AP) - The Yrobios: A soul that passes from one dawnfly to the next as each migration begins and ends (a la The Avatar). It is a living memory of all things that happen on the world below as well as a sharing of experience from one dawnfly to the next. It exists as an extension of a dawnfly at any given moment. However, from a spiritual standpoint, it has its own thoughts and desires. The greatest of its desires is to know and understand, which is difficult considering it cannot interact with the world below.[Light (Observation) - 4/10]

Ending
    AP: 2
    PAP: 0

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

She turns, and the Water that is her form boils to a feverish tempest, a ripple-wave rising from the bottom towards her outstretched hand for a moment before shuddering to stop. The tempest abates, for the moment. This god is not the one she seeks. She has felt the destruction, the spoor left behind by divine interference. This one, though, is familiar. She has tasted it before, when she first brought the coral from the Reef to create a home for her Mer. "My people value your gift greatly." She says tersely, though without real ire. "It grows and is tended and tends to them. A bond made through mutual need." she finishes, more softly. "It suffered, as my people did, at the depredations of another of our kin. I mean to have justice for that sacrilege."
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2019-02-21 at 07:21 PM.